Confidence Predicated On Duplicity

Noeru and Karuka try to catch a cheater

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:11 pm

Nara Shikari stood before the village mission board, surveying the available options, but not seeming excited about any of them. She stood about 5'6" tall and had shoulder-length hair that faded from black to blue near the bottom. She was wearing a collared black vest, loose fitting pants, and classic shining sandals and had a pouch at her back and two thigh holsters, one on each leg.

A wet chomping sound could be heard as she chewed bubble gum, occasionally blowing and popping a bubble. The chomps and smacks echoed in the spacious lobby of the administrative office building, causing no small number of annoyed glances to be cast her way. The two clerks on duty seemed especially irked, but had yet to say anything. She was definitely testing their patience, though.

She looked bored more than anything, her arms crossed loosely as she looked around the room distractedly before picking a job off the board, almost at random, and looking at it briefly before holding it up for the scattered few in the lobby to see.

"Anyone looking for a group?" She said, her voice disinterested but not quite reaching a whine. "This one needs at least three. D-Rank. Anyone interested?"
ShikariShow

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:29 pm

His sloth like attitude since the Chuunin exams has made Noeru do very little in terms of productivity. It got to the point where his mother burst into his room and quite literally kicked him out of bed and forced him down the road, to the right, straight on, to the mission room so that he could get himself back into his groove. But, he felt very little inclination to commit to his mothers orders, and luckily his mother believed that he was going to rush down there like his life depended on it. A small chuckle escaped his lips at the thought, his left hand moved into his rear pouch and withdraw a small cardboard box. He opened it with his thumb and withdrew a cigarette by grabbing it with his lips and pulling the box away. With a quick flick of his lighter holding hand, the embers were smoldering, and he placed box and lighter back in his pouch, next to his headband and ninja tools. A bi of a renegade he might be, but he was not going to draw sour attention to his profession by smoking and donning the shinobi headband of Konoha; he was thirteen after all.

As he approached the side building where the mission board was, he decided to stand next to the slightly open window and finish his smoke. These were hard to come by for a thirteen year old, and he was not planning on doing what he normally did until things calmed down. As he stood and smoked, he heard a feminine voice call out, to apparently no one in particular, an offer of a accompanying her on a D-Ranked mission. She sounded older than he was, and D-Ranks were usually easy to deal with on his own, having someone older with more experience would make his life very easy, and he would do what his mother asked him to do, killing two birds with one stone. The youth skillfully pinched the butt of the cigarette between his middle finger and thumb, and flicked it into the street, making sure that no-one would notice. His hand then withdrew his headband and tied it around his forehead, and his head peeped in through the open window.

'Oi oi lady.' the boy said quickly and gave her a very brisk wave to get her attention. 'I'm in.'
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:34 pm

Haruka would start her morning by doing the usual stuff such as getting dressed and brushing her teeth and other stuff. Then head out to decide what to do she would have to decide between training and missions. Both had merits but for now she decided to check on the missions that were available. She was excited to see what missions they had hopefully she could use them to get stronger so that she could rebuild her clan. As well as become a accomplished ninja, but for now she was far too weak. She was running to the mission area to see if she could beat her previous record as well as train her speed and endurance on the way.

Would arrive just in time to see the lady ask if anyone wanted to do a mission. She would slide to a stop in front of the the mission section then say in a excited, exuberant tone “I want to do a mission!” She then waits anxiously to see if she’s chosen from the lady.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:59 pm

Shikari's glance flitted from one to the other, briefly appraising them with a once over before nodding. "Sure. Cool. Let's go." She said, blowing another bubble and popping it loudly. "We can talk outside." She said, eliciting a mumble of appreciation from the annoyed clerks.

She headed for the exit, passing the other two without so much as a second glance, still holding the mission post in her hand. When she got outside, she turned around and waited for the other two to reach her before showing them the post, holding it out for the others to examine.

"You can call me Kari. I'm a Nara, so shadows and stuff. What I understand from the mission post is this. Guy suspects his wife of cheating but doesn't have proof. All we have to do is get proof either way and deliver it to him. Says we need to be discrete. The wife can't know he's onto her, which means we need to be careful with how we gather our evidence. Worst case, she's not cheating and she finds out he sent us after her to dig up dirt. It has a home address for the guy so I figure we can talk to him first and figure out what options we have before heading out to dig up dirt. But before that, I'd like to know what you two can do." She said, confidence in her tone. She looked to be about fifteen years old, which made her the oldest of the three.
Last edited by Checkmate on Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:36 am

Noeru carried on peering through the window at the girl until she disappeared out of sight, taking note of the bubble gum; 'I need to get one of those.' he thought as he moved around the open window and headed for the entrance where he would meet his new companions before embarking on this new mission. His pace was casual, one foot after the other around the rounded side building of the Hokage mansion. When they came into view, with cheeky smily on his face he approached; 'So... What've we got?'. He said before the older of the two held out the slip with the details. A quick glance at the note, followed by Kari's explanation gave him plenty of information to work with; it was time to go incognito. His hand moved to the forehead and once again touched the headband, removing it and storing it away in his rear pouch, same hand run through his brown hair to fix it while maintaining eye contact; 'In what way? battle? or everything?'
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:51 pm

Haruka would be staring on casually at this person they didn’t seem to care much about anything. Which made her worried but she decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. She would then follow her as she left then watched as she explained the mission and asked what they could do so would say

“ I have super hearing and pretty good balance I have a jutsu that basically increases my age to any age to anything I want! I can look anything from 15 to 90! I also am pretty good at making things go boom I also am relatively decent at taijutsu” she then mentions the rest of what she can do and then waits to see what the lady had in mind.

Also as much as I am happy to catch a dirty cheater who can’t keep it in there pants I’m curious why did you pick this particular mission?” She was curious if there was more going on considering she was a normally pretty skeptical of these sort of things especially with new people. She was hoping though that it was just a normal mission after alll
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:14 pm

Kari lets her eyes scan their surroundings while the other two talk, listening and processing. The foot traffic in and out of the mission hall was within the average, so their conversation would definitely be overheard by anyone interested in eavesdropping.

To the boy, she responded, "Yeah, everything. Name, combat abilities, stealth and perception, unique abilities, stuff like that." She squinted at the sky, surveying the shifting clouds. Not likely to rain.

To the girl, she said, "Nice! That'll be especially useful for our purposes. Show me what you can do with the age up technique. We probably won't need the explosives, but what kind of tai? Anything stealthy?"

"Why did I pick it? I don't know, nothing seemed particularly interesting but a girl's gotta eat so I picked one at random. Just happened to be this one." She blew another bubble absentmindedly and popped it, chomping some more.

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:07 pm

The boy nodded. Taking into account everything that was being said by all present. Alarms going off in his head as the girl asked some very personal questions, without revealing much about herself. He has become a little weary of people he had never met before from the Chuunin exams and so decided to give a fairly open-ended reply; 'I kinda just adapt to the situation you know... I'm okay with Ninjutsu, but nothing special.' The boys gaze remained on the older girl as they walked, noticing how her attention shifted them and the sky before speaking once again.

'This one seems more interesting than most of the D-rank missions I've done, good choice lady.' Noeru continued after she popped another bubble, borderline asking her if he could have one, but at last minute decided it was too early to get cheeky like that. Instead, he echoed her own question; 'What can you do, Kari?'
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:59 pm

Seiza had been watching the trio discussing their intention to take on a mission for the past 30 seconds or so, considering his next step. He had only recently graduated from the academy and had decided to make his way to the mission board in order to find something to do. Just like most things that he does, his trek to the board had longer than he had originally planned. On the way over he smelled barbeque and had to get something to eat, and then he saw a street performer and watched the performance for around twenty minutes before they went on break. Still, he arrived at the board eventually. He had taken a look at the missions on the board, and decided that they would be more fun to do if he was working with someone else, so he started scoping out the shinobi coming and going.

Finally, Seiza decided to just approach the group and ask if he could tag along. Making his way towards them, Seiza spoke, his face as blank and his voice as soft as they were back at the academy. "Ah, hello. My name is Seiza. I heard you say you are planning to do a mission. May I join you?" As he asked, the small boy's head subconsciously tilted to the side, almost like a puppy, and despite the fact that the question was directed towards the group as a whole, Seiza's focus was on one of them in particular, as he stared curiously at the woman who seemed to be taking charge of the group.
Awai, SeizaShow
NameColorVillageRankTeam
Muramasa, Fudo[color=#CB0000]Iron CountryD-RankN/A
Awai, Seiza[color=#2E2D88]KonohagakureGenin???

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:23 pm

She would then realize she forgot to say her name and replies “I’m Izumi Haruka by the way nice to meet you! As for my jutsu “ she would then activate it turning into a 25 year adult version then say “though it can only increase the age can’t decrease it “ her voice would also change with the new age. She would then activate it again and become a decrepit old 90 year old lady. If they touched her they could feel the wrinkles and the skin everything would change as if she was actually 90 years old. After they had seen the jutsu and had time to study her she would say “have you seen enough yet?” They said yes she would release the jutsu poofing back to her original age.

She would then say “sadly I have no stealth based techniques if that’s what your asking. Unless the jutsu I just showed you counts? Anything else you want to know?” She would then see the strange new person arrive and would wait to see what they want. When they suddenly ask to join them she would wait to see how Kari responds.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:13 pm

Shikari took in the newcomer with a quick appraising glance and nodded. "Sure. What can you do?" She asked. She looked over her shoulder, having heard something, but returned her attention to the rest of the group.

"Tell you what. Let's go somewhere where everyone can show off their stuff, then we can head over to talk to the guy who posted the mission." She said, giving the mission slip to Seiza so he knew what was going on.

She lead the group to a nearby training field, weaving her way through the bustling streets and a tightly packed market before finally emerging at a fenced off field about fifty meters long and thirty wide. Small, but probably enough for their needs. The field had a dirt sparring circle, a set of three training dummies, some circular targets for ranged practice, a set of weights for lifting, and a shed that held other training paraphernalia. A light and chilly breeze gusted across the field.

"All right. You." She pointed to Noeru. "Give us your name and show us what you've got. Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time to rest before any of our abilities are needed, so don't worry about holding back. After he's done, you can all go in turn." She said, ushering the others to the side to give the boy room to show off.

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 pm

Noeru's head turned as he heard someones voice loud and clear. He had never seen the boy but he appeared to be well mannered and the lost puppy look did wonders for any situation. Noeru smiled at the youth and then his gaze shifted back to to Kari, not losing the thread, which was his earlier question, and soon realizing that she had no intention in answering him, not yet anyway. Noeru scratched the back of his head in slight confusion as he hadn't yet figured out why this was the case. The girl who introduced herself as Haruka activated her technique and turned into an older version of herself, only to then follow that up with yet another transformation, this time turning herself into an elderly woman. 'What a handy little trick...' Noeru said as he looked at how detailed her skin was, 'She might not even be the age she says she is...'. The girl then reverted to the state she claimed was the real one, and after Kari spoke, they began heading towards a training field.

Soon, Noeru had the spotlight shone onto him by Kari, demanding an introduction to himself and to his skills. He did not lie when he said that he was good at adapting to the situation, he did not have many skills to show off, definitely not something as fancy as Haruka, but he had to do something. So, with his hand laisurely tucked into his pockets, and his gaze shifted between those present, he spoke; 'My name is Noeru, of the Senju. Like I told you before, I'm good at adapting to each and every situation. I don't have any fancy techniques like the one we just witnessed, but I can create anything you can think of.' As he finished his little speech, he remained stood exactly where he was and waited to hear what the team had to say.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:28 pm

Seiza quietly followed along with the rest of the group, eyes slowly scanning over the mission request as they made their way towards the training field. On the way over, Seiza paused for a moment at several points as the things in the market around him caught his eye, be they delicious-looking food or small trinkets, but he shrugged off his curiosity for later, following the others. By the time they were about halfway to the field, Seiza silently handed the mission request back to Shikari, having understood the gist of what they were being hired to do.

Arriving at the training field, Seiza watched as the girl, Haruka, performed her technique while he watched in fascination. As she finished her demonstration, questions began to well up in his mind, but before he had a chance to do much more than opening his mouth to ask, the boy, Noeru, began his own explanation of his abilities. As Noeru explained his own abilities, Seiza's questions for Haruka were joined by a new set of questions, and this time he wasn't interrupted in his asking of them "Really? Anything I can think of? Can you make a dragon? Dragons are cool, they can fly and- oh, what about a shooting star, can you make one of them? Oh, did you know that shooting stars are-" Seiza paused, realizing that the others were waiting for his own abilities to be explained as he shrugged off his own questions to begin explaining.

"The mission is stealthy, right? So we probably won't have to use any combat-specific techniques? Well for stealth, I have two techniques that can help. One of them is too tiring for me to use outside of an emergency, but it makes an area very dark for a little bit. The other one," Seiza began to form the handseals as he molded his chakra, bending the light around him as a demonstration, "is much more helpful in that regard, though it's far from perfect." As he finished speaking, the light around him shimmered and warped, taking on a tinge the same color as his own personal light before fading away, leaving him invisible to the naked eye. "It should be plenty good enough for a civilian though."
Technique UsedShow
~Light Release • Empty Light
C-rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Hiton: Natural Light
Focusing chakra into their body, the user performs hand seals and then manipulates the way light refracts around their bodies, allowing them to make themselves visually invisible. They still have a chakra signature, must breathe and still make noise, but they are completely invisible to the naked eye. The user can only move as fast as the lowest stat between [Speed] and [Control]. This lasts for 4 posts.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:47 pm

Haruka would be watching the new comer and noeru and then see as the new person was asking a ton of question which made her curious. She never met someone this energetic before or was it just that they were really interested in the senju clan? It was hard to say, though.

When the topic came up of moving there meetup somewhere else she just followed them and watched as the new arrival demonstrates some interesting techniques. It must be nice to have some interesting kekkei genkai like that she thought. She would then just stand there waiting to see what noeru reaction to the questions were as well as to see what they would be doing next.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:07 pm

Kari listened patiently as each genin took their turn, cocking an eyebrow as two of them failed to share anything new. Most interesting, and really the only person who shared anything of note, was the Awai who turned himself invisible.

"Well that'll come in handy. Nice."" She said, looking to the next in line before moving on.

"All right, here's what I can do." She took two kunai from her thigh holsters, flipped them in her hands just for fun, then whipped them across the field at a target. The kunai flew pretty fast for a genin, but nothing special in the ninja world. She then turned back toward the group and casually made a series of hand seals, then another, as she walked 10 meters away from the group.

"Let's see how fast you all are. Don't let our shadows touch."" The sun cast their shadows so that the fell away from Shikatsuko's position. And as the three other genin watched, they would see the Nara's shadow distort against the sun's direction and begin stretching across the ground toward them.
OOC: 10 speed shadows
Last edited by Checkmate on Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:40 pm

Small chuckle escaped his lips as their new companion asked about his creation abilities; Noeru nodded, 'I can make a dragon, I can make something in the shape of a shooting star... If that helps?' His eyes waited patiently upon the boy as he began to show off his own set of skills, and suddenly he disappeared, or was invisible to the eye, but he was audible. It was an impressive trick, one that would surely come in handy in a rough situation. And it would definitely come in handy in this very mission that they were embarking on; the perfect witness.

Then, Kari made her move. Launching two kunai at a target in the distance before beginning to wave a series of hand seals as she walked away from them. Noeru's gaze was fixed on the leader of the group as she prepared herself; suddenly she mentioned speed and not allowing their shadows to touch. Curiosity struck Noeru right before he saw the shadow stretch along the ground towards them. He judged the speed at which it moved quickly, matched it and increased it to not allow the shadow to get near him - although, the speed difference was not great.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Unknown Eldritch

Post by Unknown Eldritch » Sun Nov 14, 2021 7:42 pm

Seiza watched quietly as the Nara ran through some handseals and her shadow shot out towards both him and the other two genin, watching as the boy began to match its speed in the opposite direction of it before his own attention drifted to the shadow stretching towards him. Seiza instictively leapt back preparing to run, only to pause as he had a thought. From everything that he knew about his Hiton techniques, as well as everything that he knew about light as a whole, he technically shouldn't be able to be affected by this jutsu. Or at least, not in the way that the Nara implied it worked. Her exact words were to not let their shadows touch, but as Seiza glances at the ground, he realized that since he is bending the light around him to become invisible rather than it hitting him and bouncing off and casting a shadow, he does not actually have a shadow for the technique to touch.

Curious about the limits of the technique, Seiza decides to remain still, watching curiously as the shadow snaked across the ground towards him at a quick pace.
NameColorVillageRankTeam

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:13 pm

Would just keep watching for now it seems like the one genin had a interesting jutsu that had obvious stealth uses but aside from that it was it. She mostly just waited anxiously trying to avoid tapping her foot while she waited. Which by the way wasn’t exactly one of her favorite things to do.

until the topic arises about what the supposed ring leader of this group, is able to do. She watches as she flung the kunai then made the shadows move. She figured something would happen if she did and didn’t want to find out, plus they were showing how much they could do so Haruka ran away at top speed away from the shadows so that they couldn’t touch her. She would occasionally glance over her shoulder quickly to see if the shadow would still be following her.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:34 pm

Shikari watched as the three, or two rather made for a quick get away. The lightless tendrils stretched and curved towards her targets in order to test them. But the Awai child who had shown great skill with his element had vanished a few moments ago. Assuming the child remained in the same spot, due to having great confidence in his techniques, the leader went ahead a controlled the tendrils to form a complete loop around the area where he was stood originally. She would now know if he would cross over her shadow, regardless whether he was visible or not.

The other two did not seem to have any such abilities, or had simply not shown them yet. The speed of the tendrils that was moving towards them increased in speed, doubling it. If this was to test the potential candidates this would have to get a little harder. The tendrils continues to stretch a curve towards her targets as she stood and observed them with great curiosity

OOC: shadows doubled in speed

hobnob

Post by hobnob » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:15 am

Moving swiftly away from the shadows, Noeru kept a watchful eyes on them and their creator. His hand moved to his back as he channeled chakra into it. A moment later that very hand was extended towards Shikari in a pistol like fashion. Suddenly a senbon like splinter shot out of his makeshift gun and darted towards Shikari. But now the speeds at which the shadows moved increased, covering the gap between them easily. But Noeru was able to match it with his speed, still dashing away, now at maximum speed, with the gap between them only a few meters big. Noeru wondered how far these shadows could stretch before they reached their limit.
JutsuShow
Mokuton: Splinter
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Description: The user will either perform a series of hand seals, or they will channel chakra into their hand/s, or mouth, and will be able to shoot out a splinter that is five inches long, and a quarter of an inch in girth; both the ends of the splinter are needle-sharp. The splinters speed and strength is based on the users [Control]. The amount of splinters the user can shoot out a maximum of ten, one at a time. Jutsu lasts a maximum of 3 rotations. Multi-Projectile rules apply. Ninjutsu range rules apply.
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”