Teaching a new Spider old tricks

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:36 am

It was late in the afternoon, the sun just beginning to set behind the treeline of Konoha's infamous forests, while Aiya stood alone at a small training ground on the Ibakuro Compound. Though, the hope was that she wouldn't be alone for long - there was a new member among the Ibakuro clan after all, and Aiya was eager to finally take some time to teach her friend the secrets of the Ibakuro clan's powers. However, while she waited for her friend to arrive, there was no sense in letting that time go to waste. So, instead, she was practicing a trick that a fellow shinobi had taught her to help improve upon her speed

Catching her own throwing weapons.

The location she stood in was simple - A small clearing, 30 meters in diameter, near one of the back corners of the Ibakuro's forest. It was rather dimly lit at this point, given the setting of the sun and such, but there was enough light between what sunlight was left and a couple of lamps that hung over the corners of the clearing that training wouldn't be a problem, day or night. Aiya stood at one end of the compound, a white poof of smoke appearing from her hand as she kai'd a couple of kunai into her hand. The goal of this training was pretty simple; Aiya would stand at one end of the compound and target a tree or target on the other side of the compound. Simple in practice, but the idea was that she should be able to reach the tree before her kunai, even when slung at full strength.

And so, she'd look at a tree 30 meters away, take a deep breath and rear back with one of the kunai, tossing it forward with impressive strength before dashing behind it. It was strange, being able to hear the kunai as it zipped through the air beside her, being able to watch the kunai as it head for it's target after Aiya's release even though she was right beside it. And as the both of them neared the other tree, she was indeed able to touch the tree mere moments before the kunai hit the wood with a soft 'thud'. With a small sigh though, she shook her head and removed the Kunai from the wood, inspecting the tip of the blade.

"Tch... I held back. I can't afford to do that, that's not real practice."

The woman chided herself for depriving herself of a real challenge, and would not repeat the same mistake again. Once more, the tall woman would look across the training ground to another tree some 30 meters away, getting an accurate judge of the distance between her and the tree and whatever obstacles might be between them. And this time, as she reared back her arm to fire the kunai forward, her arms flexed with incredible might and she let out a small cry of effort, letting the kunai burst forth from her hand before taking off as fast as she could behind it. For a moment, as she followed behind the flying piece of sharpened metal, it seemed to be getting away from her... but with a sudden burst of energy and another cry of effort, the woman's feet moved even faster, pushing herself just barely past the kunai as her hand touched bark only a few milliseconds after the kunai hit the wood of the tree trunk.

A few sighs escaped her lips as she righted herself again, grabbing the kunai once more from the tree and holding up it and the other couple of knives she still had in hand before letting all of them disappear back into her fuuin with the use of Kai, each of the knives disappearing with a poof of white smoke.

638/550 for Speed Training
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Sun Mar 06, 2022 3:49 pm

Having spent the last several days recovering from the procedure and getting settled into a new home, Kureha was honestly feeling a bit antsy to get back to work. It was strange that she found herself actually excited for training, though there were in fact a few different reasons for it. She had left Roku with her caretaker Rin, the pair already having grown rather close, and she was gleefully dashing through the forest. Today was finally the day she was going to start learning how to make use of her new abilities. Of course she was most interested in the transformation, not yet having had a chance to test it out, but there were so many other things she found herself fascinated by as well.

She arrived at the training grounds just in time to see Aiya having already gotten started without her, frowning at the sight. She was so certain she had left early enough that she wouldn't be late, in fact she was pretty sure she was even here early. She had been too excited to wait and had dashed out the door just as soon as she had been in the clear to leave.

She let out a sigh and leaned up against a tree, watching her friend and newly bonded cousin as she worked, silently waiting for her to finish up.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:52 pm

Aiya heard the sigh ring out behind her, knowing fairly well who the source was, and as she turned around to see her newly joined cousin leaning against the tree she confirmed her beliefs. "Perfect timing Kureha. Glad you made it out here, and gladder still that you're feeling good enough to be out here now. Have you settled in well, here at the compound?" Aiya had invited her friend out to train, sure, but she also wanted to make sure that she was properly equipped for such training. That meant assessing not only her body, but her mind, and part of that was making sure she was focused on what she would have to learn today - Not on trivial matters like warming her home.

"Well, there's no sense wasting what little daylight we have left, right?" Aiya said with a smirk, holding out her hand as she walked towards Kureha, stopping about 5 feet away from her. As she held her hand out, a poof of white smoke would appear as a small scroll emerged from her fuuinjutsu. "You had expressed an interest in the Webbing ninjutsu that the Ibakuro are known for. I, unfortunately, am not very skilled in it's use. But this scroll well teach you the basics of how it's done." Aiya started to hold the scroll out to Kureha, but then tilted her head for a moment and stopped, retracting her hand.

"I think there's something else we should cover first though... Do you think you're ready to tap into your newfound blood? I'm sure you feel it, the power literally coursing through your veins. Tapping into it is a pretty simple matter once you get used to it - Build up some chakra and let that chakra flow through your veins alongside the spider's blood. The two will interact, and before you know it the change will come. It's... a little painful at first. And you might rip your clothing, haha!" The girl laughed for a moment as she did exactly as she was instructing Kureha to do - Tapping into the power of the Spider's Blood, Aiya's hair fell out to the floor as her skin darkened, and before Kureha knew it she was starting at Aiya's spider form. She'd pass the scroll back and forth between all six of her arms, while four of her eyes focused on Kureha as she waited for the girl to tap into her own form.

"I'm so eager to see how the blood manifests in you, hun. Let's see it, give it a go!"
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:01 am

Kureha tilted her head, blinking at the instructions she was given. Had she just heard right? Aiya wanted her to access her transformation for the first time right here, right now? With no prior teaching or practice? She wasn't sure if that was really a good idea but she was admittedly curious to find out just what she looked like... and honestly Aiya's excitement was simply contagious. "Alright, here I go." she took a deep breath, building up chakra as she did, focusing on the focal point where it and her new spider blood would meet and mingle.

Soon enough the transformation began and she couldn't help but grimace in pain, her skin darkening and her hair falling out as a new set of eyes formed across her skull. She had never felt anything quite so painful before... "You were right, this is painful. But it's nothing I can't handle." she groaned, holding back the urge to cry as she grew a pair of long fangs and four new arms emerged from the sides of her torso. Finally chitinous plating formed and her body hair grew out and thickened, various patterns forming along her back as the transformation came to a close, the girl being clearly exhausted as she fell to her knees.

With the transformation being complete she blinked several times, trying to adjust to the extra range of vision that her new eyes granted. "You make it look so easy." she panted, catching sight of her body as she stood and stretched. "Hmm? Whoa..." she muttered. At some point the chitinous plating and her body hairs had taken on a bright blue hue and she couldn't help but be impressed at the sight of herself, though she couldn't help but blush at the sight of her clothes having ripped in various places. That would certainly take some getting used to... Maybe adjustments could be made to help with such matters but right now that wasn't entirely important.

"This feels so strange but it's so cool and I feel so powerful. I can't believe we look so very different." she spoke, turning and twisting as she checked herself out, angling her body to try and get a better look at her backside. She was very clearly in awe despite any embarrassment she may have felt. It truly was amazing... what she had just done.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:30 pm

Aiya watched with delight as her friend slowly began to take on her newfound form. At first, it started like every other Ibakuro - With the hair falling out and the skin darkening and such. But when that vibrant blue color emerged all over her body, Aiya gasped with joy and wonder, her many eyes sparkling with happiness "Oh Kureha, hun! You're beautiful! I've never seen colors like that from an Ibakuro, man you got so lucky!" She fought the urge to go and hug her friend, so pleased with her new form and it's unique coloration. "There's only one spider I know of with colors like that - The Cobalt Blue Tarantula. It seems your love for Roku may have some influence in your form's manifestation. How interesting..."

One of her many arms came up to stroke her chin in thought, but eventually she shook her head to get back to the task at hand. "Sorry about that, idle thoughts and prattle. Now then, the first thing you're going to realize with this new form of yours is your field of vision. It's, uh, jarring to say the least. You can literally see everything in all directions, and that can be a lot to process for a normal human mind. Then, once you get past that part, you get to get used to using six arms. Trust me, it's a lot harder than it sounds. It can take years to fully understand how to use them all at once without screwing it up."

As Aiya spoke, she utilized the fuuinjutsu on her hands to produce six kunai knives, a poor of white smoke signifying her Kai. As she did so, she'd begin to toss the kunai back and forth along her many hands, the blades all passing each other mid air and falling into another hand before being tossed right back up. "Believe me, this kind of skill takes a looooong time to acquire. Lots of people can't even juggle with two arms, trying to do it with six? Oh man, the amount of times I've cut myself doing this exact thing, ha!" As if to make a point, no pun intended, the woman let one of the kunai fall with it's point down, digging slightly into her chitinous armor so that she could show it off to Kureha.

"The armor is a lot easier to get used to, and you'll find it's quite powerful. More than once the chitinous plating alone has saved my life. It was even the reason I won the chuunin exams honestly, many blows I took should have ended me. And of course, there are the fangs... Not all Ibakuro are born with venom, but as you know, I was." She giggled a little and allowed her Kunai to poof away again in a cloud of white smoke, cocking out a hip and resting her hands on them. "Oh... one last thing. This is all new to you, so uh... expect that it won't last much longer. Maybe a few minutes total. It lasts longer for more seasoned, more developed Ibakuro. I can maintain mine for a while... Just more reason to get to training, right hun?"

It was a lot of info to be dropped all at once, but she didn't have much time to drop it - After all, being her first time, she really expected Kureha wouldn't be able to maintain the form long.

570/550 words for Chakra Pool
Active Characters

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:28 pm

Kureha couldn't help the embarrassed blush that came to her cheeks at Aiya's sudden burst of joy, the red tinge vividly standing out against the blue hue of her body. "Hehe, I'm happy to hear it. It is a bit embarrassing though." she dryly chuckled, scratching a cheek in embarrassment. Still though... the Cobalt Blue Tarantula, huh? She did recall seeing a picture of one a very long time ago and it had been quite beautiful. She had hoped she might share some connection with Roku but she hadn't expected one so very direct.

She tilted her head as Aiya launched into a series of explanations regarding her new form, nodding along every now and again. She had to admit... she was already growing used to the multi-angled vision but she frowned as she raised her numerous arms, staring at them. That on the other hand... would definitely take some time. She couldn't help but wrinkle her nose in annoyance, already imagining the hassle... Though on the other hand as she watched her friend so deftly maneuver with her own... it seemed that getting used to them would end up having its own perks. In fact, she could already imagine some potential uses...

And then Aiya mentioned the limits on the form's duration... and as if on cue, the form dropped and she was suddenly her normal self again. She couldn't help but pout as she twisted her body, looking around to see old self in place of that beautiful creature she had been just a moment... "Boo... I guess you weren't kidding."

Despite that however... she suddenly felt herself being fired up. "Alright! Let's get down to business!" she exclaimed, reaching forward and clasping one of aiya's hands in her own. "What's up first?"
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”