Deep Rooted

[Iza and Kat]

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:57 pm

Once again Takeshi found himself sneaking out late at night. He had been restless lately, almost obsessive in his training. He had only been a trainee of ROOT for about a month and in that time, it seemed he had changed completely. Where once he and his twin sister Kaori were inseparable, especially after the death of their grandfather and the attack on the village, now something had changed. He had distanced himself, staying out late at night, sometimes not even coming home for an entire weekend. And during the day when most were waking up, he could occasionally be found slipping back into bed, exhausted and sleeping for many hours when normally he would be the first to be outside on a beautiful morning.

But there was no doubt he was getting stronger and more serious. He wagered he was already as physically strong as his older brother Yozei, who was notoriously lazy when it came to physical training despite being a Jounin. It seemed Takeshi would take after his parents, his body filling in quickly from constant physical exertion. Already he had a well-defined 6 pack and dense muscles despite still maintaining an overall lean frame. And so too was he beginning to hit a growth spurt in height, gaining an inch and a half in the last month alone.

He wore his standard training clothes, white and blue loose flowing robes for ease of movement and practicing the Hyuuga’s signature style. Across his back was his bow as he often carried but what was new was the sword at his hip. Even just looking at the sheath and grip and one could tell that simple as its design was it seemed foreign compared to the more common styles of Katana. The blade was less curved and wider but meant to be wielded one-handed, deceptively light despite its 3ft length. This would be his first time bringing along Anger, the weapon that had nearly cost him his life not more than a week ago. He hadn’t spoken of the incident to anyone, though he had been gone for three days and he knew Kaori could sense something was wrong, but he hadn’t been ready to talk about it. Their father knew at least and had offered some support, but it still felt like something he had needed some space to work through.

Though as Takeshi stepped lightly through the large wood cabin-style home and moved toward one of the doors to the outside he ducked instinctively, raising his arms as an apple struck him and deflected off his forearm. “The hell?” he called out in alarm, though he wasn’t truly on guard, it was his home after all, and both of his parents were sleeping upstairs. He seemed to intuitively know there was no real danger and that it was his sister’s presence that he suddenly felt. “What was that for?” he grumbled, some irritation in his tone as he lowered his arm and leveled his gaze at Kaori. He kept his voice low though, he didn’t want to wake their parents after all.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Deep Rooted

Post by Willoria » Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:12 pm

Not far from Takeshi, on the doorframe, was a small blue butterfly slowly opening and closing it's wings. The rest of Kaori's swarm was resting on the various plants in the windows of her room. But the girl herself sat in a chair in the corner of the living room. She'd finally started figuring out when her brother was leaving and gotten ready herself, even wearing her metal bracers, before picking this very spot to wait on him. She knew he'd probably know she was there, but that didn't mean she wasn't going to throw something at him. Thanks to a bowl of fruit within reach, the apple was handy. "You're not nearly that stupid." Kaori replied to her twin brother's question as she stood up and crossed her arms, stepping closer.

She stared at him for a moment in the dark and silence, keeping her arms crossed and even her stance shifting so her left hip was uneven with her right, making her anger a bit more obvious in her body language. "Sneaking out at all hours of the night, disappearing for days, sleeping half the day..." Kaori shook her head at him. "Tell me what the hell is going on, Takeshi." she insisted, clearly tired of simply being left alone all the time. The young woman had gone from having a home full of family, to quiet all too quickly. One day Yozei had moved away, and then suddenly her twin, who she was used to having around at a constant, was suddenly gone all the time too. Considering how busy their parents were on a given day, it had left Kaori often alone to train or stuck in the house, a frustration and even mild resentment slowly building.

She wanted an explanation.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:19 pm

No matter how sneaky Kaori tried to be the butterflies that had been following her around the last few months were always a dead giveaway whenever she was near. It seemed only natural that animals were attracted to the children of the Hokage, he was chosen to protect Fire country by forest spirits after all. Their brother had experience with falconry, and even Takeshi seemed to have a way with animals, reptiles specifically oddly enough. Perhaps it was his calm demeanor. He sighed as she called him out on his feigned ignorance. Of course, he knew why she was frustrated, not just with him but with everything. How much had changed over the last few years and even more so recently.

He averted his gaze, knowing she would see right through him if he made eye contact. Pale white eyes or not, she was his sister, his twin, despite the differences in appearance and family name. She would know when he was scared, when he was trying to keep himself busy to avoid facing reality. “I don’t want to talk about it” he muttered evenly, but he didn’t turn to leave. He couldn’t just walk away from his sister. He had shut her out enough as it was lately, and he hated himself for it. But he was trying to protect her in a way he was not accustomed to. His intention was to obey their father and give her room to grow on her own without relying on him so much.

Finally looking her in the eye his body language relaxed, accepting that it was time. “Outside” he accepted, opening the door and waiting for her to follow him. He would walk with her. It was a clear night. The moon in the sky and stars sparkling overhead. But still, the forests surrounding their home seemed ominous at night, dark and daunting. They lived away from the center of the village, along the Northern outskirts, nestled in a plot of land between the Senju forests and the Inuzuka compound. Far off from the Hyuuga compound in the South of the village. “It’s still not enough, no matter how much I train. I’m still not strong enough” he said, one hand clutching at the grip of his new sword, the other holding at the right side of his chest.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Willoria

Deep Rooted

Post by Willoria » Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:30 pm

Usually Kaori tried to be understanding if her brother was upset or bothered, but in the moment she found herself unable to do so. As he insisted he didn't want to talk about it, the girl simply raised an eyebrow at him in silence, still waiting for an explanation. She didn't have to press the issue, and she knew she wouldn't have to. The silence would do it for her. She knew it would work the moment he finally looked her in the eyes and seemed to relax. She followed him outside and closed the door, hardly noticing the butterfly that followed her and settled on the bangs of her hair as she walked with her twin. She took a deep breath and glanced up at the sky, a smile crossing her lips as she did so. It might have been a dark place, scary for some but for her it was home. The smells of the night that surrounded them, the chill air, it all was more comforting to her than the walls that surrounded her inside the house.

Takeshi finally started to talk and she looked over at him, her blue eyes dropping to the sword for a moment as she tilted her head in a silent question. She thought she'd glimpsed a new weapon a couple of times but hadn't had a chance to ask him about it. Somehow straight up asking still felt wrong. Instead she defaulted to something others might've found odd if they didn't know the twins or how close they were. She moved behind him and put her hands on his shoulders, a small jump and she had her legs around his waist and her arms lightly around his neck. She was strong enough now that he didn't have to hold her up for this 'piggy-back ride' like when they were smaller, but she still liked to do it just to be silly in heavier moments when she felt like her twin needed to smile.

This felt like one of those moments. "I don't know, you feel stronger than the last time I did this." she teased him, poking at one of his shoulders. "I'm pretty sure last time you wobbled..." she added, tilting her head to the side in a slightly exaggerated fashion just to get a bit of a better look at his face. "So tell me... what's going on , 'keshi?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:52 pm

Takeshi saw his sister’s glance at the sword, he gave her a forlorn look. Clearly whatever he was feeling had something to do with this new weapon and he didn’t quite know where to start or how to explain it all. But he couldn’t help but smile, even laughing lightly as she jumped on to his back. He was solid, always someone with good posture from his training in Jyuuken and archery he effortlessly absorbed her impact. But even such a simple act suddenly broke down the walls he had been building up. He leaned his head back against her, placing a hand on her forearm that draped across his neck. And this time when he exhaled his breath carried away all the stress and fear he had been consumed in. Kaori gave him hope and joy. She had always been able to lift his spirits and help him enjoy the simple moments in life. As children they had been rambunctious and adventurous, never sitting still and always exploring.

The Hyuuga had tempered him somewhat, instilled notions of duty and properness. He had learned to live to their expectations, training often with their uncles: Nobu and Jirou. But as soon as he returned home all that rigidity slipped away. In the comfort of his home he acted just like anyone else, dressed in causal shirts and sweat pants, laughing and teasing, lamenting at the long hair he was expected to grow out and the formal clothes and flowing robes he was supposed to wear. So much had changed when he had awakened his Byakugan at the age of 10 and been marked with the clan’s branch family seal, protecting the Byakguan from falling into the wrong hands. But yet, he had still remained the same where it mattered. But this last month even at home he had started becoming serious and withdrawn, like he had been in the weeks after their grandfather’s death.

He nodded, smiling as he looked back at her. “I’ve found some strong friends to push me” he admitted. Compared to them he still felt weak, but he knew he was making remarkable progress. “Me? Wobble? Never! My balance is perfect” he insisted, smirking as a lightness returned to his tone but his eyes still seemed troubled. “I just hate Kiri so much, you know? I need to be stronger, for what they did to Grandpa, to Konoha…I” he seemed lost for words for a moment, his voice pained as the hatred welled within him. He looked back down to the sword, tapping it for emphasis as he thought to explain what had happened recently, what he had sought out for the power to fight back against Kiri. “This damn thing, some legendary weapon apparently” he said, pulling it from its sheath to display the blade. It seemed well made, if a little simple looking. But it was ancient if one looked closely enough, they could see the countless scratches and battle scars. “Last weekend, when I was gone. I was in another country, fighting for this. I got hurt” he said, moving his clothing to show the scar on his chest. About three inches in diameter and a deep dip between his ribs where the scar tissue still seemed angry and red. He had been rescued and saved with medical ninjutsu but it had been a severe wound. His upper ribs had been broken and his lung collapsed, if he hadn’t received medical treatment when he had he likely wouldn’t have made it home. He wouldn’t outright say how close it had been. He didn’t want to scare his sister, but she was no fool. She would have noticed it eventually.

Willoria

Deep Rooted

Post by Willoria » Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:07 pm

She felt a pang of jealousy as he spoke of strong friends to push him, she couldn't help thinking it should have been her training with him. '...but I was holding him back, wasn't I?' It was a brief thought, but enough to almost bring a tear to her eye. She buried it, nudging his head with hers as she giggled at his comments about a 'wobble'. "Yeah, yeah, perfect little 'Keshi." she teased, kissing him on the side of his head loudly. The action was punctuated with a laugh as she rest her head against his, his mention of Kiri bringing a somber note to her expression as well. It wasn't something she liked to think about, a memory she wished she could bury. "Yeah... I need to be stronger too." she whispered quietly, not sure if he'd actually hear her in the moment. Her mind almost immediately went to a boy she had begun spending time with recently after meeting him on a training ground, and seeing him again in the bookstore. Aizawa Nobu. She knew he was the brother of a close friend of her father's, but only three years older than herself and her brother, but the two had started spending time together when they could. 'I swear though, sometimes he's as hard to get in touch with as 'Keshi these days...'

She silently wondered if maybe he could help her get stronger if her brother couldn't, but then her brother finally went on to talk about the sword. His statement about getting hurt seemed so simple, but she felt her heart sink at the comment. He moved his clothing and Kaori immediately let go of him, her feet touching the ground again as she suddenly moved around in front of him to look at what he was showing her. The sight of the new scar shocked her, she sucked in a deep breath suddenly and held it as her eyes went wide. Her hand reached out and touched it gingerly before she lifted her eyes to search Takeshi's briefly.

She didn't even notice she did it until it was done. Her right hand lashed out to slap him across the face. Tears stinging Kaori's own eyes she stared at him in shock for a moment. "... you almost died and you didn't tell me?!" she managed to get out, almost choking on the words. Yet as angry as she felt in the moment, she suddenly felt terrified at the same time, and wrapped her arms around his waist in a tight hug. She couldn't hold it back as she sniffled, trying not to full on sob at the thought of losing her twin.

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:59 pm

Takeshi had always been quite in tune with his sister’s emotions. He knew her body language and how she dealt with disappointment and guilt better than anyone. So, of course, he knew she felt like he was leaving her behind, like everyone else lately. It was guilt of his own that he struggled with almost every day. But now he was reminded of how much he relied on her. It wasn’t just him that was the protector, she had always stood up for him too. And when he was feeling like he was drowning in grief, anger or simply fear, it was her that brought him back and gave him hope. He felt her sadness when he mentioned having new sparring partners. She deflected with a joke, and he played along a little, but he kept a mental note to address that feeling. Kaori kissed his head and he laughed along. Unlike many siblings he didn’t mind the exaggerated show of affection, it simply felt natural to him. But when she asked him what was wrong, he let his sullen anger wash over him.

As much as his sister brought warmth to his life, it didn’t eliminate the coldness, simply he learned how to balance them against each other. He nodded in agreement about her needing to become stronger too. “You’re still training. I’ve noticed the scorch marks on your clothes, but none on you. Learning Iijutsu too?” he wondered. Even if they hadn’t been training together lately, he still noticed in the evenings when she came home before dinner after training sessions. Though when he went on to show Kaori his new scar, he should have expected a somewhat violent reaction. His arms naturally rose, meeting her arm as her hand slapped across his face.

He deflected the blow somewhat on basis of an only slightly delayed instinctive reaction. His hands lowered immediately after, his eyes downcast, “I’m sorry” he pleaded. “I should have told you right away…I just, I needed some time to process it myself” he explained as she touched the scar. She hugged him and he held her back tightly. “I don’t want to lose you either. I had to make it home, that’s why I can’t risk something like that happening again. I’ll make myself strong enough to live, no matter what” he assured burying his head against hers and he squeezed her. His eyes watered as he thought about how hard he fought to make sure he could hug her like this again. “It’s so different from training” he said suddenly, exhaling as his loosened his hug a little. “Fighting someone that you know intends to kill you. Having no one but yourself to rely on to survive” he said, both hoping that Kaori never had to experience that but knowing that she needed to before she could truly become strong.

Willoria

Deep Rooted

Post by Willoria » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:22 pm

When Takeshi mentioned scorch marks, Kaori didn't think much of it until he brought up Iijutsu. Suddenly she hoped he wouldn't notice if she blushed, because she could practically feel the color that flooded her cheeks now. She didn't know Iijutsu, but Nobu did. Whenever she met up with him after her training he'd taken the time to heal her up before she went home and she hadn't thought anything of it. Her injuries were part of how the two had started talking even, the way he'd noticed and cared even though she didn't know him had certainly caught the girl's attention. "No... no Iijutsu." she said simply.

If it weren't for how emotional things suddenly became, she might have welcomed the change of subject only moments later. As he returned her hug, she buried her head against the curve of his neck, feeling her own tears run down her face and onto his skin as she shook her head slowly. "I can't lose you, 'Keshi." she said quietly, her voice muffled by him and by his clothes. "You're more than a brother, you're my twin. It'd be like... losing half of myself." she shook her head again. "You're not allowed to go anywhere." she find herself whispering.

As his hug loosened, she took the hint and released him, bringing her hands up to quickly wipe her eyes in slight embarrassment before finally meeting his gaze. She had a feeling he wasn't entirely talking about himself anymore. She held a hand up in front of her and the little blue butterfly from before came and landed in her hand. "I found these guys not too long ago." she said quietly. "I'm going to use them to get stronger too... you know they consume poisonous plants and take it into themselves? I've been researching the applications with chakra..."

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:35 pm

Takeshi exhaled slowly, allowing himself to feel some peace and comfort in his sisters embrace. He had been training so much lately he had begun to lose sight of what was truly important. He was scared and determined but that was all the more reason to keep close to his family. "I know, Riri" he whispered his own nickname for her that he had used since they were toddlers. "I'll be more careful. I'm not going anywhere" he assured. "We'll train more together, okay? We still have to become Chunin together just like we promised" he vowed. The truth was he was already strong enough to become a Chunin if he took the exam now but it wouldn't mean anything to him without Kaori at his side.

He spoke of the feeling of real conflict and his sister showed him one of her butterflies and made her own vow. Of course he was already familiar with the butterflies. It was hard not to notice them and everyone in the family had commented on them at some point as the girl set up a home for them in her room. But she hadn't talked about their application in combat until now.

The young Hyuuga smiled softly, a proud brother. He was only a few minutes older than her but nonetheless he thought of himself as her protector. But he knew she was strong too. "Just be careful not to poison yourself...maybe learning some Iijutsu wouldn't be such a bad idea...you should get your mysterious training partner to teach you some or at least make you an antidote" he smirked in a knowing manner. He always was too obervant for his own good. Though he tried to avoid using his Byakugan much within their home he did have a knack for knowing what was going on around him.

Willoria

Deep Rooted

Post by Willoria » Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:55 pm

Seeing her brother's pride as she finally told him what she wanted to use the butterflies for in combat brought that smile back to Kaori's face. She felt like she hadn't done much of anything lately to make anyone proud, and seeing Takeshi smile always seemed to make her happy. Of course, only a moment later he had to mention a 'mysterious training partner' which only turned that smile into a blush. The way he smirked when he said it too, it made her blush deepen as Kaori shook her head vigorously. "I don't have a training partner." she insisted, frowning at him. It wasn't exactly a lie, Nobu didn't really train her. It was more like he gave her disapproving looks from time to time when she trained and injured herself inadvertently, and he'd heal her if he considered it bad enough.

Of course, he was also more than just a training partner, she considered Nobu's help and company invaluable, she simply didn't want Takeshi knowing that. She doubly didn't want him to know who it was that she met up with. "I'm sure I'll be fine. If I get hurt too badly I can always just go to the hospital." she remarked, and after a moment's pause she needlessly insisted, "Like I always do!"

She really wasn't a very good liar.

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:43 pm

Takeshi laughed at his sister’s insistence, ruffling her hair as she blushed. “Okay, sure. No training partner” he played along, smirking. It was obvious she had found someone she had a crush on, but so long as it was just innocent then he had no problem with it. If it started distracting her too much from training or he observed any kind of bad influence though he would find a way to get more information. He didn’t think she was the type to jump into bed with a first crush either so that thought hadn’t really occurred to him quite yet. For himself, that sort of thing wasn’t something he normally thought about.

His expression became neutral, his version of serious, when she casually played off that she would go to the hospital if she was injured. “That won't always be an option” he reminded her, touching his scar for emphasis. “I have so much I need to learn as it is, but Iijutsu would be useful one day” he considered, thinking about the seals Etsuko had used. If he couldn’t find the time to devote to learning the skills, perhaps he could save up and purchase some kind of device to heal him. Or maybe he could make a suggestion for the Anbu commander to invest in some research on such technologies. Certainly, that would give their teams an advantage. “Why don’t you show me what you’ve been working on?” he suggested. They hadn’t sparred together in over a month compared to their usual daily training. It was well past due to have a little spar and to show off some new techniques they had come up with in their training apart.

Willoria

Deep Rooted

Post by Willoria » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:13 pm

As Takeshi ruffled her hair, Kaori suddenly flailed her hands over her head to stop him and grumbled at him. "Stooop, 'Keshi!" she whined, glaring at him. "There's no partner!" she insisted, crossing her arms and frowning up at him. Though her blush certainly didn't improve, in fact it only got worse as she tried to continue denying it. Her friend Inokara had called what was going on between her and Nobu a 'mutual crush', but she still didn't want her brother to know anything about it. Yet clearly he knew something was up.

Though as his expression turned serious and he motioned to his scar again, Kaori couldn't help turning serious as well and frowning. Though she also quickly jabbed him with a poke of two fingers right in the scar as if in retaliation. "Tell me you didn't go alone... you should have had a medic with you." she replied, frowning at him again as she quickly realized the truth. He had been alone.

She arched an eyebrow slightly as he suggested seeing what she'd been working on, and that combined her new frustration brought an idea to mind. "You want to see what I've been working on?" she repeated, smirking slightly. She was already channeling the chakra into her right fist as she uncrossed her arms and fell into a familiar stance, throwing a punch aimed for Takeshi's face almost immediately, a fist coated in flame.
Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Meteor Punch Technique
C-Rank Nintaijutsu
After channeling chakra the user will flood their entire fist with Katon chakra. As they do this, their hand will be engulfed in searing hot flames, strength of the burn is based on the User's [Control]. They will then put all of their body weight and force into a single punch, but as they complete this initial attack the flames engulfing the user’s hand will explode violently forward. The blast is very limited in range however, only extending forward about six inches and if it's not used within a post of initiating the technique it will fizzle out, wasting chakra.

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:45 pm

It was only natural that Takeshi enjoyed messing with his sister every bit as much as he made sure to comfort her. And sometimes the best way to deal with one’s feelings was to simply let them out in a spar. Kaori had always taken after their mother in that regard at least. Her comments about him going alone was one he knew he couldn’t respond honestly to. The mission was classified and Genin weren’t normally allowed to leave the village alone, especially someone like him. “Don’t worry, I had a medic. A good one, she took good care of me” he assured, and he wasn’t lying. Simply hoping to intentionally mislead that he had been sent out with a team after all.

When he saw some fire in his sister’s eyes however he smirked. He had missed this. Sparring with Kaori was always more fun than any other training. As she moved back into a stance somewhat reminiscent of a muay tai kickboxer, Takeshi took a wider and lower stance. One arm raised overhead and the other extended outward, fingers pointed at his sister. She struck and he moved swiftly, intercepting the strike at her wrist with his open palm and directing her away as he rolled his wrist into a grab. This would bring her arm across her body and expose her side and the back of her arm where his free hand would quickly aim to jab a burst of chakra into her attacking arm, hopefully locking up her muscles.

Normally it was a gamble at the best of times if he would be fast enough to pull the technique off before she could counter or draw her punch back and create space. Typically, she had the advantage of speed where he had always been stronger, but this time he responded swiftly, not an unsurpassable speed difference by any means but it was clear he had gained a slight advantage. He hoped she would be caught by surprise enough to allow him a follow-up move but chances were good she would be able to make a counterattack at the same time as him. Whatever attack she would make he would attempt to disrupt, meeting head-on as he channeled chakra into his palm. Retracting his left hand that had poked her arm he pushed it out again, aiming toward her midsection but not relying on actually striking her as he delivered a close-range air palm as he released her hand in an attempt to send her flying backward and disrupt any additional attacks.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Jyuuken :: Pricking Lock
C-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver
Used as a method of immobilizing an opponent, the user will charge chakra into their hands before wrapping their free hand around their opponent's arms locking it in place before striking with the charged hand injecting it with chakra straight into the tenketsu temporarily locking their opponent's arm into that position. This move can be resisted if the opponent has more [Control:15] than the user. This arm lock lasts for 3 posts.

~Jyuuken :: Void Palm Strike
After channelling chakra into their palm, the user will thrust their palm toward a target. This technique extends the range of their palm thrust by firing off a shell of chakra in the direction of the palm thrust, moving a speed of [15] and strength of [10] moving up to 25 meters.

Willoria

Deep Rooted

Post by Willoria » Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:36 pm

Even as Kaori struck at her brother, something he said suddenly stuck out to her. "She?!" Whether it served better to distract her or him, she wasn't entirely sure but the fact that the person who had healed him was a girl definitely stuck out in her mind. Even as he intercepted her strike she couldn't help a wicked grin of her own. "So? Who is she?" she demanded. Though her train of thought and her questions were quickly caught off guard as Takeshi not only intercepted her strike, but managed to immobolize her arm with a strike. She gasped and cursed under her breath, trying to divert his attention quickly with one of her feet. Normally a move she reserved for grabbing objects, she tried to quickly tuck one of her feet behind one of his to hook his ankle and give a yank to try and knock him off his feet.

At the very least she hoped to bring his gaze downwards to their feet and distract him before his follow up movement, giving herself a chance to twist her body and bring her other elbow sharply up into his face and knock him backwards. Kaori found herself quickly huffing in frustration at the entire situation and glaring at her twin. "Not fair... you have been training without me."
Jutsu UsedShow
[Krav Maga • Foot Hook]
D-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
This handy, technique is also quite simple in nature. Essentially it is a proficiency Kaori has learned from her father to be able to hook tables, chairs, branches etc... with her feet. This serves a variety of purposes, namely to quickly pull objects towards herself, throwing them between herself and her opponent or knocking them over for defensive purposes and also used to help stabilize herself or serve other simple purposes.

[Krav Maga • Elbow strikes]
D-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A vicious close-range tactic, Kaori has incorporated the use of her elbows to deadly efficiency. Once in close range Kaori can lash out with elbow strikes from a multitude of angles at a rapid pace. Due to the ferocity of the strikes and the density of the elbow it is quite common to cause deep cuts to the face and if Kaori's strength is 5 or more higher than her opponents she can easily crack an opponent’s jaw or break their nose. These strikes are especially deadly if the opponent has been brought into a clinch and have either their head or arm trapped.

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:10 pm

Takeshi's eyes widened as Kaori homed in on the woman he had alluded to. He held her wrist for a moment, meeting his sisters gaze and delaying his attack for a moment as she questioned him further. "Ets-..nobody" he flushed red and cleared his throat before jabbing his fingers into his sisters shoulder. Perhaps a little harder than the meant to. In addition to the chakra siezing her muscles up the strike was sure to leave a distinct bruise.

She locked her left foot behind his, binding them together further. He was stronger than her and could toss her by the wrist he still controlled but his training in Jyuuken naturally had him rely on his palm strikes in most situations. However channeling chakra into his palm gave Kaori plenty of time to respond with an elbow. His chakra control had gotten better but it was still a close exchange.

He didn't need to look down to be familiar with their body positions. But instead of trying to check against her foot he used his quick reflexes and experience sparring with her to simply redirect his air palm. Instead of aiming at her chest as he released her hand, he directed the wave of chakra toward the incoming elbow. Equal forces met eachother, stopping the attack in mid-movement and buying him some time. Her other hand was free now and he was the one who was exposed.

Activating his Byakugan reflexively he was able to determine if she was focusing chakra anywhere. It was enough of an advantage to give him a way to predict certain types of attacks. Regardless though he would attempt to disengage and re-set. Leaning forward slightly he kicked his front foot clear of her hook, using his back foot to leap backward in a display of strength. He would jump back at 15 speed and put a distance of 5 meters between them. "Just a little. You're still holding your own though" he commented, smiling in approval. "I see you picked up another one of dads tricks" he noted. More and more she seemed to be taking after their father.

Willoria

Deep Rooted

Post by Willoria » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:49 pm

Even as he broke contact and jumped back, Kaori was determined to stay on top of him. She quickly rushed forward, dropping into a roll to cover the last of the distance and coming out of it to try and bring a knee right up into his groin if he didn't block it, and if he did, she'd try to capitolize on it by again throwing the elbow of her unlocked arm into his face or side of his head. "Some of mom's too." she replied with a huff of effort. Of course, getting in close to him again meant trying to capitolize on the lack of space between them and channeling chakra into her chest and mouth, and exhaling sparks towards her brother's face.

She could clearly see he had gotten faster and stronger than she had, and she hardly had to pull any punches as she sparred against him. "So, tell me about this 'Ets'." she teased, having caught the first part of the woman's name, and of course the way her Twin had blushed at the near mention of her name. Yet even as she spoke, she resorted to more of her Ninjutsu, her bracers heating up as she channeled the chakra required to heat them up so he hopefully couldn't grab at them again.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Krav Maga • The Art of Rolling]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A fundamental skill for Kaori’s more deadly and unpredictable maneuvers, through rigorous practice a user can perfect the skill of rolling, serving a variety of purposes. This particular style of rolling focuses on fast paced combat, used offensively or defensively the user can seamlessly drop low into a roll, forwards, backwards or sideways from a standing or running start or even in response to being forcefully shoved backwards. Naturally due to the high amounts of force the user must be adept at dispersing the impact of the roll, this is done by dropping into a squat, then distributing the impact momentarily at the knee then across each shoulder in quick succession.

[Krav Maga • Elbow strikes]
D-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A vicious close-range tactic, Kaori has incorporated the use of her elbows to deadly efficiency. Once in close range Kaori can lash out with elbow strikes from a multitude of angles at a rapid pace. Due to the ferocity of the strikes and the density of the elbow it is quite common to cause deep cuts to the face and if Kaori's strength is 5 or more higher than her opponents she can easily crack an opponent’s jaw or break their nose. These strikes are especially deadly if the opponent has been brought into a clinch and have either their head or arm trapped.

Katon • Flickering Sparks
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After channeling Katon chakra through her chest and into her mouth Kaori will exhale, producing a breath of hundreds of minuscule Katon sparks. These sparks while only capable of minor first degree burns can easily set aflame combustible materials. The maximum range of this technique is 10ft and they travel at a speed of 5.

Katon • Searing Vanguards
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Utilizing the properties of Katon and Chakra infusion Kaori can heat her bracers while coating her skin in a protective layer of chakra, causing the metal to glow red-orange. The immense heat radiating from the guards are enough to burn through most flammable materials as well as cause burns, strength of the burn is based on the User's [Control]. Prolonged contact with weapons will also heat them, potentially damaging opponents weapons with repeated strikes. This technique can last for a maximum of 4 posts.

Izanagi

Deep Rooted

Post by Izanagi » Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:00 am

As usual his sister was relentless and not willing to let him create distance so easily. Though realistically in close combat he could better pull his punches without worrying about accidently hurting his sister. At least not too badly, some bruising at least was expected and commonplace.

He chaneled chakra into his left hand, delivering another air palm strike which Kaori rolled under to close the distance. Reacting quickly he adjusted, having to use his right hand to block the knee. This left his head exposed to the follow-up elbow, but it was still the preferable strike to succomb to.

His sisters elbow impacted hard but despite Takeshi's well kept and formal appearance he was quite sturdy. The elbow dazed him but even at Kaori's full strength it wouldn't be enough to knock him out or do any serious damage beyond a lingering headache and a tender bump. It wasn't the first time she had landed this combo on him, and he had blocked his fair share too but the mention of Etsuko affect him somewhat. It was much easier when he was the one homing in on his sisters secret crushes rather than the other way around.

The sparks flew in his face but he covered with his left arm and sleeve, the fabric would catch fire but it was something that could be managed. Chanelling chakra he summoned forth a powerful vortex of wind that would form laterally between him and Kaori, strong enough to blow out the flames despite the elemental weakness, as well as knock each of them back. Fortunately these winds were designed specifically not to cut so they could be used for more simple utility purposes and friendly spars.

The vortex would persist for some time, creating a 15 meter long, 5 meter wide barrier that ran horizontally between them. Fortunately they were far enough away from the house at this point that he had managed to not aim it back toward their home. "I dont know what you're talking about!" He feigned ignorance as she pressed on about Etsuko. It was nothing really, an infaturation for a beautiful woman a fair bit older than himself. But she had saved his life and the age difference was still considerably less than between his own parents. There was a naive hope that perhaps one day he could catch her eye.
Jutsu UsedShow
~Jyuuken :: Void Palm Strike
After channelling chakra into their palm, the user will thrust their palm toward a target. This technique extends the range of their palm thrust by firing off a shell of chakra in the direction of the palm thrust, moving a speed and strength and Speed equal to [10] moving up to 25 meters.

Fuuton • Wind Tunnel (size increased due to above D rank control, 15 meters, 5 meters wide)
D-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
After forming a brief series of hand seals Takeshi will build up chakra manifesting a wind tunnel from within 10 meters of him. The stream of air will follow a funnel pattern that can be manifested in a variety of shapes but not manipulated after creation to serve a variety of purposes. The length of the tunnel is up to 10 meters long and 2 meters wide. This jutsu moves at a Speed and Strength equal to [12] but does not contain the cutting passive of Fuuton. The wind tunnel will last for 2 posts after creation.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”