Of Clay and Rocks

Haruka and Yaya

Servant

Of Clay and Rocks

Post by Servant » Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:09 pm

The sun was overhead, but its rays were dulled by the blanket of light grey clouds that covered the sky. Despite recently graduating from the Academy, Yamanaka Inoyaya wasn't just sitting at home waiting for information on his jounin sensei and genin team. Naturally, the curiosity of who his sensei would be was rattling around in the back of his mind, but he was taking the opportunity to train. Training is arguably more useful than pondering things I have no control over. Yaya's earthen feet tap tap tapped the ground as he tried to run at a speed that surpassed his normal ability. For the average shinobi, training speed involves running and increasing the muscles' capacity and output, a pretty basic idea that most of my fellow Academy graduates understood. But I am not average, I do not even have muscles: I am just a gem wrapped in rocks and dirt. Increasing my speed is more about increasing my capability to control the earth with my chakra.

Even though he acknowledged his 'body's' differences, he still felt like he lacked a suitable means to train his speed. Simply running about aimlessly likely will not produce the desired result. The little rock boy stopped running, obviously lost in thought. My ability to control chakra is sufficient... so what is keeping me from moving faster, is it some sort of mental block? His body remained motionless, just standing in the middle of the training ground; an onlooker may think him some sort of statue left by someone training their doton techniques. I am always controlling my chakra to hold my body together but my lack of physical strength must be a clue. I have never cared about being able to pick things up regardless of my ability to control my body to do so, thus it must be some sort of mental block.

His body remained motionless, the earth that made it up standing suitably well on its own while Yaya theorized inside his own mind. Without knowing why I have subconsciously placed a block on myself, I can only assume that my mind, once belonging to a regular human being, wants my body to develop in a manner akin to a regular human being which unfortunately means 'running about aimlessly' might very well produce the effect I desire. But that is just a theory, I must prove it with trial and error. The body which had been standing completely motionless for nearly three minutes jumped to life as Yaya began running forward. At first, the boy was full of energy, jumping over grass or puddles that remained from the rain that Konoha had received the night before. But as his run went on, it became a noticeably more laborious run. He now looked like a person who was being forced to run against their own desires.

It wasn't enjoyable running and Yaya still doubted that simply 'pushing himself beyond his limits' was an actual training method a rocky kid like him could use, but he was willing to try out his theory for a few days and if results came, they would speak for themselves. Otherwise, he'd have to ask for assistance, something he didn't particularly enjoy either. He enjoyed using his mind to solve his own problems. The diffused sunlight was a nice change to Konoha's normally bright sun, Yaya's little rocky legs continued to propel him forward, his large earthen feet seemingly stomping as he ran. At the moment, I am not too concerned with how loudly I run though adding some stealthy options may be necessary later. A slight grin crossed his lips as the rocks and dirt that made up his feet began to crumble and fall away as the genin ran. They essentially shrank to a slightly more acceptable size rather than the large protruding stumps they were usually. While this didn't increase his speed, it did make running a bit quieter and a little easier as he no longer tripped over himself.

He circled the training ground a few times, continually pushing himself to maintain the speed that his mental block had decided was maximum. There was no doubt that Yaya was beginning to feel tired, though he couldn't help but wonder if his 'feeling tired' was the same as regular people. Is tiredness just another mental block that my mind has placed upon me? It is not like my lungs are having trouble getting oxygen for my muscles, as regular people feel when they begin to tire. Whether or not it was a mental block, Yaya knew he would need to take a break and rest soon. Yaya wanted to finish strong though and pushed himself to do one more lap around the training ground. He couldn't be sure, but he even thought that he may have run even faster on that last lap than he had during the rest of his running. Though that's not likely, he mused as he plopped down onto the ground to rest.

speed - 834/800 words
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Kaitos10

Of Clay and Rocks

Post by Kaitos10 » Fri Jul 15, 2022 9:12 pm

Haruka had just recently got out of the hospital and had fully recovered like usual she was in her four foot tall form. Like usual she was wearing her leg weights, and a jacket. Currently she was wandering around wondering what to do. While she walked around wandering she absent mindedly thought of different ideas for how to improve her bomb jutsu she still needed plenty more of them. So after not being able to think of anything else to do she quickly headed over to the training area to begin training and testing out new bomb jutsu ideas.

She quickly ran there at top speed seemingly disappearing and reappearing inside the training area as if she teleported to most people. When she got there she saw a strange statue and decided it could be something someone was saving for later for training and maybe working on a transformation jutsu of some sort? So she decided to rest a bit as she stood there and channeled her chakra when suddenly she saw the statue come to life! Which was quite shocking she wasn’t aware of any doton elemental bodies in konoha. By now she had a pretty good idea of the other ninja’s here.
“jutsu trained”Show

Splinter bomber
D-rank Nendo Ninjutsu
This jutsu allows the user to split a nendo jutsu as well as combine them back together both splitting and combining requires one usage of the jutsu and when split the jutsu strength of the jutsu also splits in half. The two nendo jutsu will seperate from each other when used the distance the two sides are seperated or can be combined from equals 4 meters for every point of control stat. When split the angle of the two sides can also be changed so that the the new distance split doesn’t cause the jutsu this was used on to miss it’s target.
Does that mean he was a genin? That was also pretty shocking to see a new genin appearing as one. She wondered if she should say something to them. She had to admit she was pretty tempted to ask but then remembered why she came here as well as after recovering from the surprise. She thought for a bit before turning away and figured her training is more important at the moment and was better off not bothering the guy while he was doing his training. Besides she could always talk to him later about it when he was done training.

So she began focusing on her training first she practiced making her kunai then splitting them mid flight it was tricky getting them to work it either didn’t work or destroyed the jutsu but eventually she got it. She had the same problems with trying to rejoin the jutsu after it had been split. But like before she got it eventually the only thing left was now to figure out how to make a new bomb jutsu. She decided to make it in the form of a fly she didn’t have much trouble with that the problem was getting the explosives to work. But she would soon get it to work and after a few tries and would be testing it on a nearby rock cliff.
“jutsu trained”Show
Buzzing bomber
c rank nendo ninjutsu
This jutsu creates clay from the ground or some other external source to create up to 4 small fly sized clay bombs that fly around at control speed and explode at control strength. These flies explode on contact with something and follow construct rules
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Servant

Of Clay and Rocks

Post by Servant » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:29 pm

Now that he was sitting, allowing his earthen body to rest, Yaya decided to work on his chakra control. He didn't really need endurance to train that, so while sitting there, he focused on the chakra as it flowed out of his green gem. The gem housed all of what made Yaya who he was, including his chakra, consciousness, and mental capabilities, if it were to break, he would undoubtedly die. That wasn't his concern at the moment though, instead, he was focusing on controlling the chakra that flowed out of his core into the earth that made up his body. It has almost become subconscious, the chakra naturally flows out and maintains the form of my body. I remember back when I was younger when I would lose focus and my arm would fall off, or both of my legs would just crumble. I do not know if this subconscious control of chakra is due to my increased control over my chakra or my natural acclimation to this altered form.

His focus on the chakra also allowed him to move the chakra into the earth that his rear end was touching. In this way, he expanded his sense of touch to the earth around him. He'd developed this jutsu previously, it was some form of elemental body and empathy sensory. It was at this point as he focused on controlling the energy as it flowed throughout the earth that his concentration was broken. Sounds of explosions drew him out of his reverie, causing the young boy to duck his head out of fear. When he realized that the explosions were some distance off, Yaya relaxed a little. He watched for a moment, not really able to tell what the other shinobi was doing from the distance he was at. Naturally, the explosions seemed to occur on their own as he couldn't see the minuscule flies. It was interesting to observe, but Yaya went back to his own training, unaware that the both of them were using earth. Had he known, he may have shown more interest.

Yaya's earthen eyes shut as he went back to focusing on controlling the chakra that flowed out of his core. He felt the energy move through his artificial body, sending surges as he moved the energy around. He consolidated some of it into his abdomen before slowly using it to accumulate more earth into his body. He slowly moved the new dirt around himself, bulking his shoulders up considerably and adding a fun mo-hawk atop his head. The mo-hawk didn't last long as it eventually flattened out, seeming now more like a helmet atop his head. While it was an exercise in controlling chakra, it also was a bit of fun to rearrange his body into different forms. He took even more earth from the ground around him and slowly moved it along his body, appearing like ants crawling en masse. The dirt moved up his torso before piling itself into conical shoulder pads nearly a foot tall. They extended just above his head. He continued flowing chakra into the earth and causing the dirt around him to move towards him.

Forcing even more of his chakra into the earth that set around him, Yaya forced the earth to pick him up, causing his upper body to seemingly levitate atop the moving earth as his legs were fully consumed by the abundance of earth under his control. The earth began thinning slowly around where his his ankles and calves should have been. The calves were much more pronounced, almost appearing like a runner's calf. Then the dirt seemingly molded itself into large muscular-looking thighs. It soon became apparent that Yaya and the dirt was filling Yaya's body out to appear more human but also very muscular, like a body builder. The earth continued redefining Yaya's body as it sculpted itself into a strong waist before settling into washboard abs. Even by extra human standards, Yaya's new abs were ridiculous, only defined like an 14 pack. A little giggle escaped Yaya's mouth as the dirt continued to swirl around his body, reshaping him as it went.

His shoulders ended up being nearly four feet across with pectoral muscles that would put many strength focused shinobi to shame. The dirt swirled by Yaya's arms, forming impressive biceps before stopping and settling into the body. Yaya's revamp was now complete: where a 3 foot tall, abnormal looking earth boy once stood, there was now a seven foot tall Adonis with muscles for days. Of course, the new and improved Yaya didn't actually have the strength to match his appearance. No, the poor genin still had a strength that many Academy students could overcome, and maybe that was why Yaya got so much out of this exercise, because he knew that no matter how he looked, it had no impact on his actual skills.

Control - 817/800
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Kaitos10

Of Clay and Rocks

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:02 pm

After Haruka was satisfied with the results of the fly bombs, she would move on to her next jutsu and practice shaping the clay into moles which she would then send to tunnel underground 50 meters but since that was taking awhile she decided to play a game so she summons her bunny companion. Then makes a few more moles, explaining the concept of the game to Mister Fluffykins. They both then back up a few meters and Haruka goes first. The moles she has explodes in the right, left , forward, up, back, down, right.

Mister fluffykins would then think for a bit and repeat the pattern. Haruka would then make more moles for them both. Afterwards Mister Fluffykins would do his own pattern causing the explosions to go up, down, right, foward, left, which Haruka would match. After a few more rounds of the explosion matching game it would seem Haruka lost causing her to groan in annoyance. She wished she could try another game but she wasn’t sure if she had enough Chakra for a full game. She then thinks for a bit saying “should be done about now get ready Mister Fluffykins.” Haruka would then sit down so she wouldn’t have to worry about tripping.

Soon after a explosion control30 explosion would occur underground causing a big tremor to hit the surrounding area making the training fields shake a bit. She then felt as the training fields rumbled a bit and layed there using the shaking earth as a make shift back massage. Soon after a half a minute at most the tremors ended. So she started talking to Mister Fluffykins eventually getting the idea to practice Fuinjutsu. So next they discuss why kind of fuinjutsu she should work on and after a equally lengthy discussion as the last one she picks fuinjutsu removal.

So she makes a item storage seal then tries removing it. At first it doesn’t work at all, which is disappointing but she keeps working at it and gets slightly closer after each try. After a bunch of tries she eventually manages to get close to figuring out the jutsu. This causes her to start to get excited and she keeps trying to master the jutsu. As Haruka keeps trying she wonders how much more tries it will take to completely master the jutsu. She Keeps going for a bit longer as she notices the steady progress she is starting to make.
“trained jutsu”Show
Burrowing bombardier
C rank nendo ninjutsu
After the user performs a few hand signs the user will create clay from the ground or some other external source. The clay would be created in the form of a mole that has the power to burrow through the ground and can even burrow through stone and sand. When the mole reaches the target it can explode at control strength on contact or with Kai. The user of jutsu can choose which direction it explodes in at start of jutsu making it possible for excavation.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”