[Graded] Discussion, Introduction, ABDUCTION?

Tenzin meets with the new Hokage, Fanho to relay information and keep him in the loop.

Texas

[Graded] Discussion, Introduction, ABDUCTION?

Post by Texas » Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:47 am

The new Hokage was the talk of the town. Although Takeo was equally spoken about. The death of the great Hokage for many years and yet selfishly Tenzin couldn't help but feel sorry for the entire situation. If he didn't jump the gun and use up all of his chakra in the war... maybe, just maybe he could have prevented a casualty as great as this. This very thing is what has motivated him to continue staying in the bowels of the Anbu base and practice on his experiments.

With all of the emotions appropriately buried , the silver haired shinobi walked towards the Hokage's building in his normal casual shinobi outfit. Oddly enough, Tenzin had never met Fanho... or even interacted with him. For the beginning of Tenzin's shinobi life, he was mainly at the Academy teaching. The other half he quite simply lived in the shadows as part of the Anbu.

The shinobi made his way up the stairs and throughout the building. Most of the guards knew him by now and if they stopped him it was strictly for procedure. By the time he actually got to the Hokage's office a slight flash of memories took over him. It took a few seconds of standing near the doorway before he knocked a couple of times. Tenzin would poke his head through the opening and simply address himself. "Lord Hokage?"
Last edited by Valkier on Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Hatake, TenzinKonohagakure no SatoBannin - [color=#BF0000]Text Color[/color]
Ishiguro, AkihikoKumogakure no SatoChuunin - [color=#FF4080]Text Color[/color]
Kisama, GinjiroHeart EmpireNatsubushi - [color=#80BF80]Text Color[/color]
MurasakiIwagakure no SatoGenin - [color=#FF8040]Text Color[/color]
Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Discussion, Introduction, ABDUCTION?

Post by Director » Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:13 pm

Fanho overlooked the village leaned against his balcony. What a mess he had inherited, huh? Takeo now dead, three missing shinobi, and an allied village on the brink of war. Hayate had sent him an abbreviated summary of their battlefield showing that Suna had displayed incompetence dooming the battle, and almost killing all the allied forces there. To say he was just feeling frustrated was an understatement. It was a torrent of emotions, decisions, and choices weighing on his mind. This all not even being his first week of official Hokage business, but rather the prelude to the coronation. A great way to start off one's position. Up the creek without a paddle or even a canoe.

"Where do you start with all this?" Taiga was off reconvening with the defense forces at outposts, ensuring the homeland security was tight, and anyone that dare try to take advantage of any sort of perceived weakness would be dealt with. Either Fanho personally or entrusted to one of their many Bannin. He turned around looking at the pictures on his desk, one with his siblings, one with Taiga, another with Zakuro, Takeo, Aina, and so many others who trusted him to deal with the situations laid out before him. The weight of responsibility all compressing on-top of him. It was quite the burden, one he had dreamed about, but never considered it would start out like this.

Thoughts of peaceful negotiations seemed to take a back seat in his mind where as anger and fury took the front. He'd kill all the aggressors himself if he had to, but at the cost of what? More of their friends and family? Almost inviting war to their home borders? The situation was entirely unfavorable no matter the move. Seen as weak if he didn't move, seen as too headstrong if he sent more to fight, but what other option lay before him? He pondered the situation before turning around to the village to take a deep breath and try to let go of what little stress his mind would allow him. It wasn't long before a voice shook him from his thoughts, as he cocked his head glancing out the door with his peripheral. The ANBU man named Tenzin, Fanho had heard of him in passing before he had considered Hokage. After being named the next Hokage for the last three months had its perks as he turbo learned everything necessary for the position, including Tenzin's file what little they kept on record and how further down it was buried to protect his identity.

"Lord Hokage?" The title almost seemed to fall on deaf ears as Fanho perceived it, but it rang a little hollow due to all the stress compounded on-top of him. It was a conversation that needed to happen, one Fanho would have regardless, but one he wished so desperately they didn't have to. The Awai turned around as he sat up on-top of the railing of the balcony as he gestured for Tenzin to come over and have a seat in a chair, on the balcony railing, wherever he wished to make himself comfortable.

"Just a forewarning, you don't have to do the honorifics every time. I'm not hamstrung on it like old people." He'd flash an inviting smile as he put in park all the stress he had let build up and weigh on his mind. The least he could do his give Tenzin his undivided attention, and exude the confidence his people needed. Reassurance that they'd find a solution and resolve the trials they faced today.
Last edited by Director on Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Texas

Post by Texas » Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:57 pm

When Tenzin walked into the office, he shut the door behind him indicating what he wanted to talk about would maybe be more private.... The shinobi had folder he had planned to burn after their conversation and walked up per the Hokage's gesture. As Tenzin unfolded his right arm to hand Fanho the folder he would address him properly, or at least try to. "Yes Lor-- Fanho, I can adjust." The man meant business. Based on his body language, Tenzin could tell that although Fanho's file had bold letters CARE FREE, this new position had a lot of pressure that could be potentially weighing him down.

The Anbu Commander had a slight soft spot for the role of Hokage, Takeo was a prominent part of the village for so long... how could he not? With both Tenzin's and Fanho's new roles, it was important that the both of them worked together to make sure that Konoha still stood as strong as it ever has. Which in truth, was partly why this meeting was more important than others. "Here, take a look at what was mapped out. I first want to just officially introduce myself. Tenzin Hatake" would be followed up with a respectful slight bow. "I came here for multiple reasons, other than just us meeting, I want you to know that we" (referring to Anbu) "at the end of the day, will have your back. You are not alone in this battle." Although this should have gone without saying, sometimes it is nice for someone who is stressed to be reassured that they are not alone.

Tenzin would pause for a moment in case that Fanho wanted to reciprocate an introduction. After waiting, Tenzin would continue while pointing at the folder with the same hand he had handed to him. "I did want to discuss the results of all of the battlefields, however by now I am sure you have been debriefed. In that folders are suggestions that we would suggest in the coming time."

Within the folder laid a further detailed plan, however the highlights are as such:

Sunagakure might be a lost cause. Due to them not being the strongest ally, it might be better to let them be taken over and continue Konoha's relationship with Kumo. However, Konoha wouldn't leave Suna completely.

The plan would highlight what Konoha could potentially do for Suna without fully getting involved. They could offer refuge to certain people of status. Provide a safe haven for a couple of people within certain clans and special abilities.

However, the most important part of the plan was the below statement that was bolded and underlined: At worst we could evacuate their Genma Hosts. If we dress up the Ninjas of special abilities in Anbu gear, they can be provided a safe haven and provide help as a mutual agreement.

By providing a safe haven for the special few, they could be trained in secret to fight their own battles in the far future and be able to retake Suna during a time that would be a little bit easier.

The only downside is how we look with our other ally and potential future allies. If we were to drop Suna and provide a safe haven for a select few, it would show how we treat our allies and also allow an enemy to be even closer to us.

Tenzin would continue as Fanho would be reading or after he was done reading depending on the situation. "Trust me, I would love nothing more than to retaliate, but calculated this might be a more Konoha based plan. You can of course take bits and pieces with your own twist, and if you would like to talk it out... we can as well." At this point, Tenzin was leaned up against the opening that lead out to the balcony. With a relaxed stance and his right leg crossed over his left, the gravity of the suggestion he made didn't really faze him. His compassion and focus was heavily towards Konoha than other villages.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:49 pm

Fanho grinned as Tenzin addressed him by his name. He had dreamed of the position for so long, but the honorifics were not apart of his lifestyle as noted by Tenzin. It was more just to air familiarity and to ease the tension most felt came with titles. Not so much for himself as it was for others to not feel so burdened by the need to straighten their niceties. That seemed to only bog down the conversation in his mind if people couldn't speak freely to and from himself. It also just felt pompous and that wasn't something Fanho wanted to begin including in his vocabulary.

He nodded as Tenzin introduced himself, and gathered the usual pleasantries of his new position leading over ANBU while Yoru took a more advisory role and training of the new agents. The Awai nodded as Tenzin assured their resilience and standing with the Hokage. "Fighting alone is quite.... Well lonely I guess you could say." Fanho gave a nod with a smirk as he knew the oddity in what he said. "And I have your back as well."

It didn't take long for Tenzin to cut to the business of their chat. The recent battles in Wind Country that had drastic results. Seems like tragedy struck every single battlefield with no short of casualties and damage done to the allied forces. It was too disjointed, a mess that allowed Iwa forces to take advantage. Even without backup from Kiri, Suna's inability to provide a sufficient strike team had drove a wedge between itself and Kumo, and left Konoha with a retired Hokage deceased, and so far three shinobi missing-in-action. Fanho took the folder as he thumbed through the suggested plans flipping through the plans with what seemed like no care, but in actuality he was just digesting the information at a rapid rate faster than most as he closed the folder patting it against his free hand.

"Your plans, lets tweak them." Fanho handed back the folder to Tenzin as he crossed his feet leaning forward his knees to his elbows as he put his hands together thinking. "Its under statement to say that the battle on the outskirts of Wind Country were a complete loss. Three missing, one killed, and what was a budding alliance now nothing more than contempt." Fanho sighed as he tossed his head back looking to the sky as he grabbed the balcony to keep himself from falling over. "We can't leave Suna alone completely. Its not within me to watch something unjust happen, but I can't send anymore of you to die for this. That's not within me either."

Fanho paused before completing his thought. While he didn't want to fight unless provoked he wasn't one to turn a blind eye to injustice. The world had changed drastically before he returned, and it seemed like some in the world were pressing for the war to continue even after it ended. It wouldn't be him to just ignore a village like Suna in need. However, they'd need to be tactical about it. "We couldn't bring only a select few. It'd have to be a full evacuation, as many as we possibly can. If its land Iwa wants, then they can have it without another drop of blood. However, we don't know the extent of their intentions other than it seems to just be this border territory for now, but with their forces mobilized how it is. Who knows if they'll keep pressing the advance."

The Awai looked as the clouds danced in the sky. There were multiple avenues, plays, but war involved people. Ones he didn't want to treat as pawns on a chess board. They were more than that, more to the people that they surrounded themselves with. Even an enemy had people like that, and they were only fighting for what they were told to do so. It seemed like a no-win type of situation. "A Konoha based plan is indeed what we're going with. The question is, is Suna even going to go with it. This is all contingent if they want to agree to harbor themselves here."

While Tenzin's compassion mostly lie with the village, Fanho felt conflicted on the inside as he didn't let it show. His start to Hokage-dom was most certainly more complicated than most. Perhaps a conversation with Tousha was needed. Someone who understood the burden of the role, and could provide insight on his own handling of hardship. With the air heavy with their political conversation, Fanho remained poised and calm. Despite the internal burden weighing, he would remain strong to instill trust and confidence within those around him. He was after all the new light and Fire Shadow of Konohagakure no Sato.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Texas

Post by Texas » Fri Jun 30, 2023 4:24 pm

Tenzin laid quiet, silent, and continued to listen intently. Due to not knowing Fanho that well, Tenzin wanted to take notes on how he talked and his mannerisms. A man completely different than the previous and in his own right commanded the room. As Fanho spoke, the silver haired man reached out to grab the folder. He wrote it down in full mainly to avoid talking out loud. However, if the Hokage was comfortable, Tenzin will vocalize his position on the matter.

All in all, this was a tough subject. On one hand, we want to aid our allies and not abandon them, but on the other... Tenzin believed that Konoha should look after Konoha. However, at the end of the day compromise and conversation is the key to a result. Tenzin reached out and took the folder as Fanho was speaking. The shinobi crossed his arms after grabbing the folder and held it in his hand. After nodding and processing what he was saying it was clear that this big decision was almost a lose lose.

After Fanho finished, Tenzin followed up with him. "Well, it seems we are in quite a crossroads Fanho." Tenzin adjusted himself from leaning against the opening, yet still had his arms folded while holding the folder with on of his hands. "Don't you think if Suna is informed we won't be aiding them in combat, but rather only willing to be a sanctuary for their retreat... they wouldn't have a choice." Tenzin would walk to Fanho’s desk and unfold his arms. With his free hand the shinobi would reach into his pocket and take out a lighter. With a couple of failed sparks, the third spark would ignite the flame, allowing the shinobi to move the folder over it. With a small flame at first, Tenzin waited for a response to his question before continuing. "The problem with mass evacuations though is organizing and intent. I do not trust the Iwa Shinobi and their leader and I do not put it past them to set their sights on the Fire Country if they hear what we are doing."

Although Tenzin was laying out some options here and there, the ultimate goal was to provide the safest result for Konoha. Hence why the Noah's Arc approach with Suna seemed to be the stealthiest way to have them live another day to fight. "Trust me, I would love to get my revenge for what they did to us and our previous Hokage. However, I would rather do it on our terms than be a secondary tragedy in defending"
Last edited by Texas on Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:24 am

Fanho thought as he rubbed his chin turning his gaze out to the village. It was true, it was a rough situation without a good answer to please all parties. Suna realizing Konoha would pull out wouldn't be good, however with the death of Takeo it would make sense that they'd at least pull out to deal with the matters at hand. Transfer of powers, mourning, and politics all being the holders of the forces that be. "Perhaps." The Awai tapped his fingers away on his chin before cutting his gaze back to the ANBU commander.

"We'd need Suna's approval no matter what we want to do. I also don't see Iwa liking it regardless if its in the dark or not. They'll figure it out one way or the other. Right now I think we can prevent outside assistance, Setsuzoku shouldn't be providing anymore assistance on the terms I've given Chikara. I'm sure their accomplice Enzaragi will see the same when we go to get Noeru, if not they're just mercenaries, and Iwa won't care if were to dispatch them from their perch. They don't know much anyways and won't be much help intel wise on Iwa."

In the end Tenzin and Fanho did agree. The safest approach for Konoha to keep war from their borders was what they desired. It was also out of the question that Kumo would provide anymore assistance in this fight. Suna had essentially sabotaged their own battle on their field, and turned it into a mess. With three shinobi reported dead, two under unlikely circumstances, and the other being Takeo confirmed by both Tenzin and Hayate. Perhaps their attention shouldn't be set so future focused, but more in the short term of recollecting what happened so they can better determine the next immediate steps needing to be taken.

"We have time to figure out a plan for Suna. Right now its just the border territory, but we'll come up with something soon. Tell me what happened at all the battle sites? I know you reported the Hokage's death, but what about Zakuro and Yozei's? Noeru is the only one alive from that site that I'm aware of, so I have my suspicions the others are still alive too. I have a feeling Setsuzoku will be useful to that end at least, and I'll beat it out of them if I have to."

If the two were going to gameplan the best for Konoha then finding out what happened to all of them would be the next steps. Their forces dwindled in the fight, and therefore they were at a deficit. Still believed to be more man power than Iwa, but they'd need more intelligence to better make those determinations. Perhaps this angle would both allow them to have a breather and focus on the Konoha first approach than worry about Suna's position. While Fanho did feel for them, he couldn't win their own war for them. They were a proud obstinate people, and let mostly Konoha fight this last battle for them at their loss. It was frustrating that it was a lose-lose situation. "While we're licking our own wounds lets better ally ourselves with the Heart empire and Kumo. The more allies we can better our situation and theirs. I'm sure Heart wouldn't want to ally itself with Iwa or Kiri at least. They're practically opposites."
Last edited by Director on Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texas

Post by Texas » Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:48 pm

To Tenzin, it was weird watching Fanho speak and his mannerisms. Both shinobi actually looked eerily similar. Tenzin was convinced if the two of them went somewhere together, they would be accused of being brothers. When the two locked eyes, Tenzin felt obligated to listen to the respected man in front of him. It was true, they had agreement on most things... well other than dealing with Suna, but the idea of Konoha first did sound like the right response. When asked about the battle sites, Tenzin cleared his throat a little bit before speaking.

"Yes, the battlefield I was on resulted in the previous Hokage's death. However, the other sites were losses as well. One site where Noeru, Yozei, and Zakuro were defending... well we actually haven't recovered any bodies or any sign of remains. They are presumed missing or, most likely, captured." This capture was bad on multiple fronts. One being, Noeru was recently promoted within the Anbu Organization. He had a few more secrets behind those ears than an average shinobi. The other one that caused Tenzin a little worry was Yozei. Tenzin was the one who helped implant his Iwa Clan organ. If information that both Tenzin was in the Anbu and that he could implant other's kekkei genkai into resident shinobi... then he would be given a larger bounty on his head. These were selfish based concerns, since the well being of the captives didn't fully bother him as much. His body slightly shifted to the left as if to lean a little bit before continuing.

"For the sake of what ifs, If they all have been captured it is reasonable to think that they will be questioned. My concern is the information that they would provide. Maybe in the future, if they were captured, and if we were able to get them back, I could just ask them a couple of questions." Tenzin wanted to make it sound as civil as possible. Unfortunately for those that were captured and potentially tortured, Tenzin had only full intention of cross interrogating them. If they had given out village defenses, identified members, gave information on shinobi's special abilities, Tenzin would have to extract that the easy way... or the hard way. However, after derailing himself from explaining the battlefields, Tenzin continued. "All though we lost all of the towers, there was one silver lining here. We were able to capture some Iwa shinobi. What we do with them is up to you Fanho."

Putting difficult decisions on the lap of the new Hokage. Not to try to put him in a bind, more or less to test what kind of Hokage he wanted to be. With that being said, Tenzin peered at the similarly shining blue eyes to himself and spoke up about allies. "I agree, the more allies the better. What I worry about is our decision with Suna. Not to harp on that, but if we were to make a decision that would move the target to us, it could affect these allies we want to strengthened bonds with. According to a few reports Heart and Kiri have had a few issues with each other, so I don't think it would be too difficult to create a strong bond with them as well."

Tenzin held the folder in his hand, he gripped it tightly. Alluding to the potential prisoners was imperative to tackle. If Tenzin was in the Tatsuo's position, he would get as much information as he could about Suna's temporary allies. If his intention was to eventually go for the Fire Country, or retaliate against a decision Konoha made, would put them at a clear advantage information wise.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:32 am

The Awai listened as Tenzin recollected on the battle sites. Their outcomes and what he thought on the results of them. It was a bit of an uncomfortable recollection as Tenzin was on the site where Takeo was killed. A heavy topic for Tenzin, one Fanho pondered if the ANBU commander felt responsible for the unfortunate outcome. Fanho internally sighed as he felt bad for Tenzin, but needed to remain strong for them. At least for the village's sake in their sore wound treating state. It was true they bled four shinobi, all relatively high ranking and strong that shortened the force. Tenzin was right, their interrogations wouldn't put us at any advantages, rather the opposite making it a tricky situation.

As the conversation turned towards the towers and some Iwa general shinobi captured, it was unlikely they held any information, and so in the ensuing conversations with Iwa, Fanho at least planned to use it as some sort of bargaining or show of good faith. It'd let him polygraph Iwa to see if they were doing the same. Tenzin continued explaining the ally situation circling back to the Suna situation. Fanho blew raspberries in the back of his mind as he knew he couldn't escape a solution to the Suna situation any which way he tried to pose it. It was just such a tricky one he kept thinking of how to balance the interests he had to maintain. One, Konoha's forces and own shinobi not being thrown in the war machine to be chewed and spit up, two, not relenting any more strong shinobi into Iwa's grasps, and three, trying to keep Setsuzoku at least from participating once more on any battles.

As Tenzin finished his explanation Fanho issued a loud hmmmm... As he pondered to himself rapping his fingers against his chin. It wasn't that he regarded such a conversation with disdain or disregard. Rather the opposite, it was just a really sticky situation, a prickly situation, the equivalent of meddling in a cactus coated in syrup, and no tweezers to remove the pricks. Once more another hmmmm... filled the air as he pondered harderer. "No, no, you're not harping. I can't say I see an easy way around this. For now we can at least placate Suna with supplies, our current situation with three shinobi gone, and a Hokage killed-in-action lets us have some leeway in pulling out from participating in direct action."

Fanho chewed his lip as he rolled his eyes thinking on how to explain on his plans a bit more so Tenzin would see the value behind it. At least to get across Fanho wasn't focusing on a way out of the convo, but stalling for time to consider all the angles. "I think at the least we can utilize the train's and create some space/time tunnel between a safe Fire Country location and the Scribes to move supplies would be best. We can also use it to funnel anyone out should Suna be attacked directly for your plan. It'd let us save face, but not have anymore shinobi fight on the front lines. I think it'd certainly be poor taste for Suna to ask more than that considering our losses. After all, this is a game of saving face right? Its not just us that have to consider that."

Texas

Post by Texas » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:23 pm

The white haired man listened to every detail of what Fanho was saying. It seemed his reputation and behavior somewhat differed when it came down to fully getting serious. The choices being made would effect the future forever. Enemies. Alliances. Neutrality. All choices would change and morph differing villages into these categories. Who would change where, how would the change effect Konoha, and why would they feel like that. As far as allies go, maybe it would behoove Konoha to get the attention of the Heart Empire. Although, Tenzin didn't want to do so if it meant causing the Heart Empire to have an automatic Enemy. Maybe that is partially why they allied with Kumo, it was a safer option... potentially.

Tenzin wanted to first address Suna, then he would like to pivot back to Konoha. He nodded when it came to our casualties seemed to be worse than theirs... "Well, We can start at least mapping out potential routes and locations in case they do need supplies or even sanctuary. It wouldn't hurt." With that in mind, Tenzin knew that if Iwa continued their march, Suna would eventually reach out to them. Or at least, he had hoped so. At the end of the day it was plausible they would just give up and hand over the land in response to less bloodshed. Meh, regardless, the transition to Konoha had started in Tenzin's mind.

"Fanho" he said with a little bit more sternness. The white haired shinobi would fold his arms, placing the folder in between his right armpit. "I think if we are going to focus on more tasks that are closer than later, maybe we should talk about the possibility of captives. It is fair to say, that with no sign of remains and the fact that some shinobi are missing, we have village ninja who could be captives. Purhaps our first line of action should be getting them back." At this point, Tenzin sat down in front of the Hokage's desk, he had enough of standing. At this point he was still a little mentally and physically drained from the war battle. On top of that, he hadn't stopped training since then.

"If negotiations are met and we are to send people to retrieve Konoha shinobi along with soldiers; then I have a few people in mind that I would feel comfortable if they attended." Tenzin would cross his right leg over his left, while temporarily placing the folder back on the table where he was sitting. There wasn't anything in there towards this conversation, but at this point the man was simply sick of holding it.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:59 pm

Fanho nodded along as Tenzin began discussing putting the plan together to create a pathway for exfiltration should the need arise. It was possible Iwa would stop at the border lands, simply seeking territory it once had. However knowing the beliefs of Iwa, and their deep seated hatred for Suna. It was more likely they rolled forward attempting to crush the country as a whole, further expanding Iwa's borders, but also weakening their own village due to being spread out. They had an impressive military force, but not enough to hold onto that much land. An easy advantage to exploit especially with a populace opposed to a standing occupation. Suna may have been passive, but less likely to roll over entirely with Iwa troops so close to home.

"There's a lot of land between Iwa and Suna for now. They'd also be stretching themselves thin getting to Suna. The invasion will slow down the closer it gets to Suna, that is if Iwa doesn't stop at these border territories. Regardless I concur, we prep routes, setup teleportation channels back here should the need arise." As the conversation turned to captives, Fanho quietly watched as Tenzin spoke.

It was true one was a confirmed capture, but as for the others only one other KIA was confirmed. Two others were reported as KIA by Iwa, but no one in the intelligence channels believed that. The site was too clean, no gore, no evidence of violence past a fairly brutal battle were found. None-the-less there was a survivor of the field, Noeru who would be returning. At the least they had one contact that was at the site to verify, and Fanho knew he'd come face to face with the person who would know more of what happened. If they chose not to tell all they knew, it was simple, Fanho would make Sovereign a brief checkpoint in the history of the world. That much of a promise he made to Chikara should they break the deal he unceremoniously forced upon Chikara. Despite this he believed at least he made the point that he'd play ball with them should they do the same, it was only if they broke his terms that he'd show them the consequences he had briefly demonstrated before Chikara.

"Well we have one discussion underway with Sovereign. I'm sure you'll want to attend that one, but I will be attending that one. There's certain terms I need them to understand well so that its not lost once we leave. Also anyone else that would be helpful rope them in on it as well, if it gets messy then the priority is to get Noeru out, and I'll clean up the mess." Fanho smiled as he held his hands up shrugging as he chucked to himself about the need to handle matters. "Main thing is to get Noeru out and then I'll handle the diplomacy."

Fanho's expression slowly straightened out as he scratched his non-existent beard. "I'm sure Sovereign has a lead on where the others are, Zakuro and Yozei. They're the missing link we need to connect to figure out the mystery of the other two. If they don't wanna turn in Iwa then those countries will go independent once more. Simple as that. No more Sovereign." Fanho's happy go-lucky nature was something he prided himself on, but it seems like his Kage reign would be anything but. Forced to turn into a more brutal shell of who he was, but at the least he'd try to keep that persona up on the outside. Avoiding all but outright telling Tenzin that Sovereign was dead the minute they stepped out of line, perhaps a mistake, but if he didn't make his point clear then they would assume they could break his deal so easily and walk away free of consequence. However, Fanho wouldn't take a such a simple sleight well, not after the unclear evidence that Zakuro and Yozei were still alive.

"If we do get Yozei and Zakuro back." Fanho held a pause as he thought to himself. "Like Noeru you'll have to clear them before they can fully return to the fold. I think we're in agreement on that. I'm sure Iwa will have some intel, in complete captivity it would be hard to fault them for such things, but what I worry is baggage they bring back. May have to steel ourselves that a Bannin and Daimyo-family son are complete losses. Not a fun possibility to consider, but given I'm an optimist I'm banking on the head start Sovereign may provide."

The Hokage flashed a reassuring smile at Tenzin. However given how serious the two had been, and how matter of fact Tenzin was perhaps it was best if Fanho played light with his usual antics. Alternatively Fanho could possibly break Tenzin into a more lighthearted mood, after all ANBU commanders don't typically get to enjoy the robust humor and joyful nature of usual limelight celebrity-hood Fanho had basked in since becoming a Jounin. Their work was all done in the shadows, hidden away from the public eye. Something at least Fanho had come to recognize as necessary, and throughout the convo appreciated Tenzin's pragmatic view on everything discussed.

Texas

Post by Texas » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:30 am

After their discussion, Tenzin could see that Fanho had Konoha as number 1 in his mind. All his actions were to be a passive ally, while at the same time try to reestablish that we as a nation wouldn't lose twice. Because of this, Tenzin was more comfortable in his decisions in the future. As long as Tenzin was comfortable with Fanho, he could take his crew within the Anbu and operate in the shadows without too much concern. With Yoru retiring and Takeo dying, it was up to the both of them to ensure the safety of Konoha.

With arms folded Tenzin nodded in agreement. "It is a lot of land to cover... and sustain. I wonder if there is a way to figure out what their true endgoal is. The only one I could think of is just an annihilation. Which would make one posit if it would simply stop there."

With an established route and plan of action, the silver haired jounin very much liked the plan enforced. Fanho seemed like a guy who was fun to be around genuinely, but also one that shouldn't be underestimated. However, there seemed to be a few things missing from his record that Tenzin would like to dive deep into in the future. There was an underlying edge to him that the shinobi could not shake.

Tenzin gazed upon Fanho and could see the man wanted to let his personality out, it was as if he was holding it in! "Sounds like we have a good starting point. I am going to start limiting the Anbu's foriegn missions and start focusing on reinforcing perimeters around the Fire Country. We will also be sending out an unidentified agent to help with collecting the captured war participants." Tenzin's matter of fact mentality was his way of being down to business. In truth, the man did enjoy lighthearted affairs' and people within the village. However, with this loss at such an unnecessary price, the man was frustrated.

The silver haired shinobi would stand up and give Fanho a half assed smile. Maybe if they had met in different circumstances they could have interacted a little bit different. This war was far from being over... it literally had just began. "This is a tough way to get started as the Hokage, but your decisions will solidify your place in the future. Like I said earlier, the Anbu have your back. Summon us, when you need us." Tenzin would bow his head down to Fanho out of respect, then lift his head up. In truth he had to start cleaning up his lab underneath the Anbu base before he could get started on missions, so that thought ripped through his head and caused minor anxiety.
Last edited by Texas on Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:50 am

Annihilating Suna is definitely a possible goal of Iwa. After all years of deep seething hatred fostered an irreparable divide between the countries. If anything the only thing a person could possibly achieve between the two is some form of neutrality border along the lines of Steam, but despite that who would predict when a proactive leader came into power to toss those agreements down the drain. The Awai posited the idea in the back of his head. A possible meeting between the two Kage may be beneficial to establish where they stand. After all its not like this was Konoha's land, and if Iwa wanted to fight a two front war they would've begun one by now.

"Bah, with as far back as their grudges goes who knows. Those two countries have hated each other since time started and the world began turning." The Awai flubbed his lips as he slipped back into his normal self. He had enough establishing himself as a serious figure to Tenzin. They had established a plan, and goals to hit at least on their end that avoided another direct conflict. If it came down to it, Fanho figured he could at least put himself on the line directly, and forbade anyone else from entering and assist Suna once more. However, he alone wasn't enough to win a war if that was what Iwa sought instead of just the territory.

"Well if any conflict crops up with other countries I'll see to handle it personally." The Hokage sat up as he crossed his balcony to his chair as he sat down leaning back resting his chin on his balled fist. His blue eye gaze meeting Tenzin's as a grin grew across his face. "But I doubt anyone would want to be made an example of at this time. So lets hope they err on the side of their better judgement." Fanho chuckled as he sat up from such a serious pose and devious grin as the two finished their conversation.

He softened his expression as he nodded to Tenzin's words about the rough start. "Yeah, its not ideal. Its a shame I'll miss all the opportunities he had to bust my chops about the role." Fanho gestured to Takeo's portrait on the wall watching over the two. "But there's an odd comfort to it. He was comfortable knowing the possible outcome, you have to think he was confident every thing was left in good hands or that it'd end up fine. So I aim to ensure that its well placed." The Awai tapped his desk as he crossed his leg and leaned back in the chair confidently and comfortably.

Not long, as if a lightbulb went off in his head Fanho leaned forward as he furrowed his eyebrows seriously and circled the air with his pointer finger as if lasso'ing a group. "That means confident in all of us." He shot blatant wink at the ANBU leader as Fanho leaned back once more grinning from ear to ear.
Last edited by Director on Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Texas

Post by Texas » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:05 pm

Tenzin took pride in that Fanho was able to loosen up a bit. They bore each other with a BDE showoff of who was more serious. It was relaxing to see him more like himself. Maybe he was adjusting mighty fine into his new role. It showed, his demeanor, his responses, but most importantly the confidence he exuded while holding his new found position. Tenzin would let a slight smirk creep from his face, not one he usually did. "Yeah, you're right."

The silver haired shinobi would turn around and start heading to the door leaving the Hokage's office. A surprisingly successful meeting in Tenzin's eyes, however he would love to get the opportunity to utilize the war to experiment on some Suna or Iwa shinobi. Maybe there will be a chance in the near future. With that in mind Tenzin continued to walk, but made a sudden halt at the door way. "See you around Lord Hokage" it was a not so sudden jab at Fanho, teasing if you will. The shinobi could be lighter in his demeanor but with the nerves and the situation, Tenzin wanted to show he meant business. With a larger smirk on his face, the man walked out of the office and started to make his way out of the building.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”