A Day With The Hokage

King of Cats
User flair: DM for RP

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:40 am

Sitting at the bench Akira was patiently waiting. She was nervous to meet the hokage but she had worked very hard to get where she was. She was sitting in the Hokage's office. His assistant had walked Akira into the office and sat her down. She had earned a day of shadowing the Hokage and was there to collect her day with him. She had been waiting for weeks to find time off her work as Genin but she finally had. She sat in her magenta colored training clothes. She hoped to impress him with some of her footwork on the training grounds if she could, the girl was hopeful but she knew the man was certainly tired from his long days ruling over Konoha.

Akira was waiting patiently, humming to herself a song she remembered from her mother. Her mother was always singing and it was something she carried into her life. Akira hummed away and looked over the hokage's office. He had loads of paperwork on his desk, the assistant must have just brought it in. Akira wondered to herself and continued to sing passively. She was a patient girl and the little blonde was doing her best to wait. There was a fire growing inside of her, the Will of Fire was strong in her and Akira had dreams of becoming the Hokage one day. She made sure to mark this legendary day on her calendar.
Nara, Shiroyasha • Genin • Konohagakure no Sato
Kaguya, Renji • Chuunin • Kirigakure no Sato
Hyuuga, Kokou • Jounin • Konohagakure no Sato
Takumi, Hiroshi • Jounin • Sunagakure no Sato
Shuryo, Roku • Harubushi • Heart Empire

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:35 pm

Fanho walked along the top of the Hokage monument as his mind paced the duties of Hokage-dom. A burdensome role that he had sought out and now sitting in the seat still felt unreal in some ways. He'd often look to the sky for guidance, a presence of friends gone, and those far away tasked with important things away from home. It was comforting to know at least he had reliable friends in the village to fall back on. Truly the home he fought for and thought about when making decisions. Despite not being able to meet and speak with every villager he at least had memorized the names and faces of everyone on the Konoha roster, shinobi and citizen alike. His brain storing it deep in the recesses of his cerebral cortex, he felt it his duty at least.

Today however, his desk brought more personable tasks to hand rather than the geopolitics he was forced to play. Senju, Akari, a Genin insistent on meeting the Hokage? Of course Fanho had to indulge. A young girl with her own mind set on the hat that sat on every Hokage's head. It brought a toothy smirk to his face as be balanced on the edge of the monument watching the village hustle and bustle above. If the Awai's brain searched deep, he remembered it was around this time that she should be waiting in his office. "No time to waste, I'm even a minute or two late." Fanho sensed below in his office where Akira was sitting, a seat just across his desk where a convenient second one sat next to her.

A clap of his hands a smirk on his face, Fanho would silently disappear from the monument, and quietly sneak up as Akari had turned her head the opposite direction. Fanho reappeared sat in the chair with his legs crossed and fingers splayed out and hands put together as if he was in deep thought. Oh the simple benefits of being the Space/Time master.

Differing from most Hokage traditions, Fanho was absent of all the Hokage drab. He dressed simply in his regular clothing garb of a black t-shirt, white hakama pants, and black martial slippers, a relaxed fit for a day out. He yawned as he looked towards Akari through his swirling mirrored purple sunglasses, "Waiting for the Hokage, huh?" Fanho craned his neck on the back of his chair until he was looking at the office door upside down.

The Awai snapped his neck back to its normal upright position as he used the force to push his glasses to the edge of his nose, looking over them as his blue eyes met Akari's and a grin formed across his face.

"I dunno about you, but I don't think hes gonna come through that door."
Last edited by Director on Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:53 pm

Thinking of her mother Akari was humming away. She almost got lost in what she was doing in the moment but then suddenly she felt the presence of someone next to her. She was watching the door with every ounce of patience she had flowing through her blood. Nothing would stop her from her goal, but maybe her absent mindedness would throw her off. When the Hokage teleported into the room and spoke to her Akari threw her hands into the air from her lap and shrieked. She was totally shocked and her heart was racing like a deer that had just been shot with a bow. Akari was feeling the Will of Fire as her heart jumped into her throat and she started going from a shriek to a gasp.

The Senju couldn't believe it. The Hokage of all people was with her, and seeing him in person was amazing. He was really everything she had hoped, and more than what rumors would have suggested. Akari grabbed her mouth and she stopped her screaming. Akari could barely pull herself together in the aire of such a handsome and powerful man, but what was truly impressive to her was how he had instantly appeared to her. Only a master of Space-Time Ninjutsu could teleport like the Hokage just had and Akari was in love. She hadn't seen it coming but her heart melted in her throat like a small chocolate. She could taste love on her tongue as she whispered to Fanho, "I don't think so.." Akari had a soft, velvety voice that was deeper than one would expect from a little girl.

"What if I sound funny..?" Akari thought to herself and her heart jumped again in her chest. This time it hurt and she grabbed at her chest gently as if something were crawling on her. She felt so awkward and looked down at the ground, then back to Fanho. Akari was falling apart quickly. She had never been so impressed by such a good looking man, and he was charming too! Akari couldn't believe it.

"I take it you know who I am, and why I'm here, Mr. Fanho." Akari's lips trembled when she spoke but her voice was confident like normal. She was looking the Hokage in the eye when she spoke to him and she had never felt such weakness before.

Akari looked at Fanho's mysterious glasses and couldn't help but notice he was dressed rather plainly. She smiled at the thought of someone as illustrious as the hokage dressing so modestly. She wondered if she would wear a proper robe when she became Hokage.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:30 pm

A grin crept across Fanho's face as he held his hands up as if caught red handed, "Well you caught me." He chuckled to himself as he leaned in his chair resting his chin on his knuckle as he watched Akari become star struck. He watched as she beamed with enthusiasm and excitement. For all the doom and gloom the Hokage had to deal with in the world, this moment was a nice reset for him. Taking him back to a time before the world reached more dire circumstances. It reminded him of what was and what could be.

As Akari continued composing her voice and self, she spoke trying her best to put on a cool face, and act like she hadn't just been star struck. He nodded along with her words before shrugging and smiling once more. "I would say I do but it'd be rude of me to not let you introduce yourself, but also today is about you. So you tell me what you want to do, what you want to see, and we'll make it happen." He held his hand out gesturing for her to take the wheel on today's crazy adventure. Steering the ship in the direction she wanted to set sail towards.

If it was a training session at the fields, so be it. If it was a walk around the village, so be it. A day in the life, so be it. A chance to play a quadrillion questions, so be it. He'd do everything within his power to make it happen. After all today really wasn't about him, but rather what Akari wanted. In his mind anyways that's how the priorities skewed. The paperwork on the desk could wait and worst case he'd finish it up at the end of the day in ten seconds. That included being generous in time and double checking that his signature was legible on the documents where needed.

"Also you don't have to call me Mr. Fanho or use honorifics. I'm not that traditional of a guy." He blew a raspberry as he laughed and leaned back in the chair. He just simply didn't jive with the whole sir and ma'am structure. The respect he garnered was earned not expected.
Last edited by Director on Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:54 pm

The more pressure she felt the more Akari shrunk in front of Fanho. When he told her the day was about Akari the girl was both incredibly overjoyed as a ninja, and horribly embarassed as a girl. She expected a big strong man to take the wheel, Akari wasn't shocked though. She had a good general idea what to think about men, her mom always giving her the what have you about her father. Akari knew this mans tricks and wouldn't let herself be caught in them. She listened to him as a ninja, she was in a completely business mode now. Deep down she was shaking, crying and throwing up from the big, handsome, powerful man putting all the pressure on her. Somewhere in that complexity she called her emotions Akari was secretely very excited. All the pride she had while waiting for Fanho was confirmed. "I am that good aren't I.." Akari thought to herself and stared blankly at Fanho.

She spoke with confidence, in fact there was a bit of cockiness in the way she referred to herself. Akari was high on the hog. "Okay Fanho. I will decide our route for today." Fortunately for the two of them Akari had high expectations of her Hokage. She definetely had plans for what she wanted to do with Fanho in the Hokage shadow. Akari couldn't have been more thrilled. She cracked a smile. ""Of course I plan on impressing you as a ninja, but first I want you to enlighten me. Tell me. What does the Hokage do for our village? What do YOU do for our village?" Akari felt pretty full of herself.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:23 am

Fanho watched as Akari took another minute, parsing her thoughts, letting the fan girl feelings wash over her. Regain and grip the confidence within her. He watched in the stadium alone as Akari put on her best face to continue the show. In that stadium he bore witness to her second wind.

He watched Akari took a file breather, and then expelled words laced with sturdiness the Senju were known for. He watched with a grin from ear to ear as Akari took charge. He was honest when he said the day would be about her. Questions she had, techniques she wanted to train, secrets she wanted to unravel, he'd bore through it all with her if she decided so. He would've took charge if she decided to see his own thought processes, but it felt more of a good mentorship opportunity to let her make her directing debut.

The Hokage listened to Akari's question as he rhythmically tapped his fingers together making a duck face with his lips out as he collected his thoughts in a brief second. "Well, lots of things." Fanho brought his hands apart as he channeled chakra shrouding Akari and himself in a purple swirl of jikukan chakra, teleporting them to where he was moments before atop the Hokage monument. Still sitting in the chairs that resided in his office. Now the wind gently brushing their hair. He gestured to the space above and around the village. "To be pragmatic of it all, let me clear the boring stuff out of the way. The defenses, from the sensory barrier to the shifting defensive forest, I helped design to keep the village safe. I do the negotiations with the Lightning Empire and Sunagakure." Fanho shot a finger gun towards a window that gave a live view of those territories as he spoke, a literal portal into those parts of the world that exposed the misty and rocky cliffs of Kumo where a slight cold front washed over the two. Then a heat flash as the desert dunes of Suna whisked across the rising warmth. With a snap of the fingers he closed the portals, leaning into his hand as he rubbed his chin thinking to himself letting a beat pass.

"Then there's all that paperwork I do, because my assistant forbid it if I let her sign on my behalf." Fanho tossed his head back as he laughed at his own reluctance to do the paperwork despite it being a mere couple of seconds of his day.

"Then there's the fun part, you guys. Foster your skills, spend time, listen and be there when needed. I think the greatest thing the Hokage can do is to train and inspire the rising generation." A slight smirk formed in the corner of Fanho's mouth as he gave a half shrug holding one hand up. "We'll see what all I accomplish, I'm quite new to the position really. But the biggest thing is you can't change the world on your own right?" He flashed a wink at Akari as he shrouded the two in Jikukan chakra once more bringing them back to his office where they once were seconds ago.

His eyes resat themselves just above the frames of his glasses as he looked at Akari with his blue eyes. A sly grin on his face and his eyes laser focused.

"So let me hit you with a question, what do you think makes a Hokage?"

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:46 am

Akari was mystified as she was teleported for the first time. Suddenly her hair was blowing in the wind and she was before a portal. She was amazed by what she saw and the Hokage was certainly greasing her wheels. Akari was very impressed once again. When the Hokage was done talking and they were back in the office Akari was smiling wildly from ear to ear. "Well jeez." The girl spoke softly and was staring into Fanho's glasses.

Akari had never experienced ninjutsu like Fanho wielded. She was completely fascinated with all that he showed her and what he said was like chocolate after coffee, sweet and complimentary. Akari was entranced by Fanho's words and was sort of speechless. She sat there for a second and gathered her composure. Akari's heart was beating wildly, she was bubbling over with glee. To be one of the special few who Fanho dedicated his time to make a change in the world was special, she felt special. Akari was easily two years away from falling in love with this man.

"Okay, yeah, you can't change the world on your own. But you can change what's in your hands. So I guess what makes a Hokage is what is in his hands. You're doing pretty good from the looks of it." Akari always had a sense of wisdom about her that she was naive to. She was still sitting in the chair, again, and started kicking her feet. Her brain was cooking up something good.

"I want to be the Hokage one day. Maybe by charming the world I can control the same level of power as you, one day." Akari was talking about her budding skill with Genjutsu. She had recently been studying the possibilities Genjutsu had in battle and it prompted her to practice, a hidden talent she was saving for the Chunin Exam. "So you think I could do it? You know I've awakened a rare Senju Mokuton based release. Satoton. I'm basically a prodigy, think I got it in my Fanho?" Akari smiled a slick grin and stood up from her chair. She rubbed her two palms together as she waited for Fanho to respond.

Akari was trying to get Fanho geared up to see her Sugar Release. Everybody loved Sugar and she had lots of it. More than that she wanted his opinion on something. She had been flirting with disaster and applying fire to her Satoton, creating a caramelization and strong fragrant smell. She wondered if the Hokage knew anything about using scents for Genjutsu. She had read it in a book, but the application was still slipping by her.
Last edited by King of Cats on Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:51 am

Fanho chuckled at Akari's compliments. She seemed to be on the right train of thought. It was the same as the adage the world is what you make it. He affirmed Akari's answer with a nod as he leaned his head into his right hand listening intently to the genin. His fingers and thumb framing his chin and side of his face while his pointer finger shifted his glasses from below his eyes to above them. With his other hand Fanho glanced at it as he splayed his fingers before gripping the open air before looking and pointing at Akari's hands.

"And being someone with only two hands is where I trust the village to help. Seems like you've got it figured out." A playful grin formed as he spoke.

He listened as Akari explained her goal to be Hokage, very reminiscent of himself. The two were different where as Takeo never planned to be Hokage from a young age but rather found himself called to at an older age. Taiga even for that matter never saw himself as a Hokage until he became frustrated with the leadership. Both admirable reasons, but much different than the beginning aspirations Fanho and Akari had both strove for the position at a young age. Both of them setting their sights to the highest position in all the village from the start.

"Well charm can only get you so far. I think I've found the limits to how far I can get away with it." His eyes drifted towards the paperwork on his desk awaiting his review. The one inescapable force that plagued all leaders, bureaucratic paperwork so all decisions had a trail. The Hokage rolled his eyes as he flubbed his lips at the paperwork.

His eyebrow perked as he listened to Akari's skills. A rare extension of mokuton? Sugar release? While Fanho was from one of the famed Konoha clans himself, he focused more in the arts of pure ninjutsu than elements. However, he was aware of some clan members who had experienced an awakening of some advanced skills in their elements but not Satoton. Curiosity once more drew a smile on Fanho's face. "Confidence is one aspect of it. But why don't we see if you've got the skills to back it up?"

The Hokage formed a single hand seal as he teleported them once more into a private training ground. It was surrounded by trees on the border, and left an empty compacted dirt field for the two to stand in. Like the ones Akari would've seen plenty of times before, it would be familiar once more. "So Satoton, huh? Don't tell me the secret of it, that'd spoil the surprise. Instead I'd rather you use it against me. Let's see if I can't figure it out. Maybe you can think of some things on the fly to surprise me." The Hokage grinned as he reached up and flipped his sunglasses down hiding his gaze.

To those that didn't know him he'd look like a big ol' goofball with his hands buried into his pockets, pitch black purple swirling sunglasses, and an ear to ear smile across his face.

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:40 pm

Once again Akari was suddenly whisked away. It was different than how she expected, and not from who she expected either but she was begining to enjoy the fading in and out of reality as her body was pushing through time and space. Akari was standing in a clearing and it looked quite familiar. There were trees lined up around her so she figured she was somewhere in Fire Country. She looked around as Fanho was declaring that there would be a show of her Sugar Release. The Senju quickly memorized the lay of the land and refocused her attention on the hokage.

"Okay get ready for a surprise.." The normally confident genin was feeling a bit underwhelming. To someone her rank the stickiness of her Satoton was a dangerous factor in battle, but to the Hokage Akari knew he could break out of it easily. She watched his muscles shine in the daylight. He looked pretty strong. Akari figured he planned on going easy on her and was hopeful she would have the chance to show off some of her ingenuity. She had an idea that might catch the Hokage off guard.

Akari walked over to a reasonable place in the middle of the battlefield. She was literrally shaking in her boots. Akari had never faced off with someone of a high caliber, let alone the highest caliber. Fanho was the strong man in all of Fire Country, and Akari suddenly felt like she had a lot to prove. Which she did, it was typical of her to come to the realization after the fact.

"I've got show HIM my skills?!" Akari thought to herself and stood where she expected the battle would begin. She put together a quick series of handseals and then spit into both of her hands. Her spit was exceptionally shiny as it soared through the air and when it hit her flesh the sugar crystals began to grow. Quickly they formed into 10 shuriken. She threw four into the ground and then brandished six in both hands. Holding her hands up she was ready for battle.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:08 am

Fanho watched as Akari formed hand seals as globs of spit materialized into a crystalline structure that glistened in the sun. The Hokage would be lying if he said he we're not intrigued. He pulled his hands out of his pockets, purple chakra swelling around them as he held one hand up fingers splayed apart. Akari would witness her own jutsu materialize in Fanho's hands, an exact copy of her Satoton shuriken. Four of them in-between his held up hand's fingers primed to be thrown, and the other six tucked safely away in his other hand. He twirled the unique shuriken in his hand as he examined it, and could feel the sticky material tug at his skin.

"I know its cheating really to steal your jutsu, but I was just so curious. I see why its so useful. This stuff is really sticky."

He grinned as with a flick of the wrist he launched the four prepped for throwing in his hand sending them flying far out to the right before curving in slamming into the four Akari herself lodged into the ground for later usage. Now the shuriken slammed together creating a sticky mess on the ground that was unrecognizable. At the least he had managed to disable four of her potential weapons, and with six palmed in his other hand he was ready to make the girl start thinking on her toes.

"Alright I won't use that trick again going forward, but interesting style you got there. Definitely useful." He reached up with his now free hand to adjust his glasses as he looked at Akari with a playful grin across his face.
Jutsu UsedShow
Recycle Space: Copycat
A-rank Ninjutsu
Fanho will channel Jikukan chakra and then can copy a jutsu as they concentrate on any jutsu existing currently, and begin replicating a duplicate of it. This jutsu can only copy any jutsu up to A-rank, and follows standard jutsu recycling rules. When copying a jutsu it will follow the rules of that jutsu as it exists, creating an exact copy of it at its current state but for Fanho's sake. I.E. If copying an armor jutsu that is already damaged, Fanho's newly replicated jutsu will have the same damage and post limit.
Jutsu CopiedShow
Sugar Release: Sugar Weapons
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
The user performs a series of handseals and spit. From their spit sugar crystals will take the shape of 10 kunai, shuriken, senbon, or makibishi at 7 Speed. These tools have 7 Strength. If the weapons are lit on fire they will produce a sweet smell.
Konoha Smash • Curved Strike
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Fanho has perfected the art of throwing a projectile to the point he can naturally cause it to completely perform up to a 90° curve. He can cause it to curve anytime within his Strength*2 meters.
Last edited by Director on Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:21 am

Akari was absolutely dumbfounded. She didn't know much about Jikukan and what she knew was limited to portals and stopping time. What she saw Fanho do was absolutely incredible. She never imagined she would have Satoton used against her. Akari had a frumpled brow and was frowning deeply. "Ok. Glad you approve.." Akari was annoyed but she was genuinely impressed with herself. The Hokage gave her a great compliment. She used her forearm to wipe the sweat that was collecting on her brow and tried to focus once again on the matter at hand.

Not much of a strategist Akari was typically good for about three different formations in battle. She was a one dimensional fighter who focused on frontal assaults, but that wasn't to say Akari wasn't incredibly smart. She took a deep breath in and then exhaled. Akari was ready for battle. She was hoping to catch Fanho off guat with the sticky shuriken. She figured he would teleport to her eventually and get stuck but it seemed that wouldn't work without the element of surprise. Akari had to think of something else.

The Senju put together a quick series of handseals and a tree formed in the ground to her right flank. Akari smiled and broke a serious sweat. Her chakra reserves were limited and she was pushing it with this jutsu but she knew she would need to have some sort of diversionary tactic. The wood clone formed out of the tree Akari created. The living wood guardian went charging at the Hokage with it's fists up. As the clone charged Fanho Akari released one hand of three sugar shuriken at Fanho then the other came flying at him on the other side . The shuriken were flying just behind the clone.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:45 am

Fanho watched as Akari formed a wood clone with a barrage of Satoton shuriken. With the other six Fanho had on backup palmed he quickly splayed out the shuriken in hand. He slung his hand forward aiming them at the clone to strike it into the shuriken Akari directly threw at him taking out two birds with one stone, and then he threw one of the three at an angle so it would strike the three coming from the side in one swoop.

With two remaining palmed in his hand Fanho threw the last two in a sneaky format, hiding one underneath the other in its shadow. He leveled these two sugar shuriken at Akari's feet aiming to glue her feet to the ground turning her own jutsu against her. Even if she had seen the one and blocked it, the second one hiding would be a neat surprise. Perhaps a good learning lesson for her to take in, and use on her own to heighten the effectiveness of her Satoton.

"Lots of potential here, glue substance makes it the perfect entraption tool. Just need to be sneaky about it." Fanho slipped his now free hand back into his pocket awaiting Akari's next move.
Jutsu UsedShow
Konoha Smash • Death Lies Within
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
By throwing a projectile, Fanho has mastered the art of hiding another projectile within the shadow of the first to fool opposing enemies. If the enemy doesn't have a perception tech ranked higher than the speed of the projectile. They won't notice the projectile hiding in the shadow of the other one. I.E. D-rank perception tech for 5 speed, C-rank for 10 speed, and etc
Last edited by Director on Sat Oct 21, 2023 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:00 am

The shuriken came flying at Akari and hit her feet. She was stuck to the ground by the sugar glue. Foiled by the Hokage Akari was at a loss. She was only good for a few more jutsu before collapsing from exhaustion, and standing off with the Hokage meant she didn't have a lot of options. She briefly considered engaging him but quickly realized she couldn't do anything stuck to the ground and she didn't have the strength to easily break free. She was all but defeated though she had an idea.

Akari put together some hand seals Akari formed a Bakuhatsu Nut in her hand and lugged it at the Hokage. It was a small little nut, something the Hokage was familiar with, and soared through the air seemingly harmless. As it was flying in the air Akari put together more handseals and took aim carefully. Whichever direction the Hokage would dodge the nut she would shoot a stream of tan colored caramel out of her mouth at the Hokage's chest. As the caramel stream proceeded out of her mouth it gushed into a small river 10 meters wide and sloshing right for the Hokage. If it hit him it would push him back and Akari would have the time to free her feet, but she didn't exactly suspect Fanho would be slow enough for her Caramel River jutsu.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:03 pm

He would play along just to see what all tactics she had cooked up. After all if he just completely washed her out there wouldn't be anything to learn from this spar. She'd simply have to keep tasking Fanho, show her skills, her tactics, and display her prodigy skills she boasted about. The goal was to get her to try and think two steps ahead. Anticipate his movements and persevere against the odds.

The caramel shot out as Fanho skipped to the side the stream following behind him, he moved with just enough speed to keep out of pace from the sticky substance, but not to be too fast so Akari would have a chance to react. He'd show off a little, do his own thing, give her a chance to shine now. At the very least he could impart some pointers to her style, but she was doing good in her own right. Distractions, follow-ups, thinking quickly on her stuck feet. The trick was to keep moving, and utilize what you're good at. "A lil distraction, huh? Throw a lit grenade and then follow it up with a stream of satoton." The Hokage grinned and nodded encouragingly towards Akari. "Keep it going, I see what you're doing here."

Expanding the versatility of satoton, Akari could become a battlefield controller, and fight director. The sugar's sticky capabilities would be an excellent tool to layer a battlefield, cover one-self in to prevent an enemy from trading blows, or even using it as she is now. Explosion, smoke, obfuscation, and then blast satoton against them when they have little time to react. Perhaps fuuinjutsu may be a good angle for her to direct her skills. Seal satoton within, attach it to jutsu, and watch them blast in an explosion of sugary mokuton. There were possibilities here, but it all hinged on what Akari wanted to do, that was the most important.
Last edited by Director on Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:24 pm

While Fanho dodged the river of sugary sweetness Akari kicked herself free from the shuriken that had stuck her to the ground. The sugar cracked with a "SNAP!" Akari was free and she immediately put some distance, about 10 meters, between her and fanho. Perhaps out of instinct as she really had no plan of attack from here or maybe fear of the Hokage's adaptability to her attacks. She was hoping the caramel would stick him and she could finish him off but he was simply too fast. If she wanted to get him off guard she would need a good strategy. Akari furrowed her brow as she quickly scanned her mind for battle strategies to use against the Hokage.

Smiling Akari was thrilled. She had an idea. Free from the sugar gave her some ground to walk on and she would have to cover about 15 meters between her and Fanho. Akari began running to Fanho's flank putting the river of caramel between her and him. As she ran she grabbed a kunai from her pouch and an exploding paper tag too, she stuck the two together and threw the kunai in the ground as she was running around the river. With the kunai in the ground she was certain Fanho would be choked off at the other end of the river and that was just what she was hoping for. The explosive seed was still primed and ready too in case he went thru the river. She had an advantage. She knew where he was coming from and that was just right for her.

Akari finished running and faced Fanho down. She was still 15 meters from him, but now she was on the other side of the caramel and there were two explosives ready for Fanho. Akari put together some handseal and created another wood clone. A tree grew from the ground next to her and the clone formed. It was getting exhausting for Akari to keep performing jutsu but she had it in her still to keep fighting. She was sweating profusely though. The clone drew a kunai and charged across the way heading toward the far end of the caramel river where there were no explosives. Akari had a plan. She was ready to put together handseals once again as she watched her clone charge after Fanho.
Last edited by King of Cats on Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:40 pm

Fanho's eyes tracked the entirety of the battlefield. His eyes darted to and fro with great speed hidden behind his glasses. The data parsed in his mind like a well organized archive. Mokuton grenade in the syrup, Akari fifteen meters away separated by the syrup, kunai at the end of his path with an explosive tag pinning him on the other side, and now a clone formed running from the other side. It was an effective pincer move, the only way for Fanho to move would be backwards.

Fanho shook his hands and did a little boxers dance as watched the clone crest the end of the caramel river and begin to approach him. A wide grin plastered on his face as his body glowed with dense swirling chakra. The clone and Fanho we're separated by about five meters before the Awai suddenly shortened the physical space between himself and the clone in an instant. He was still moderating his strength to not overwhelm Akari, but at the least he had a hankering for showing off just a tad of why he was the baddest around town.

As if shadow boxing he threw a straight jab square at the chest of the clone with blazing fast speed. A transparent bubble of purple chakra left latched onto the chest of the clone, yet no force was felt, it was as if it looked just shadow boxing. With the bubble lodged Fanho hopped backwards, backpedaling to his previous position to let Akari parse his moves. If she could figure out what had happened, maybe analyze the technique used, and make assumptions of what could occur. He wanted to task her with figuring out what he had done, and if she could anticipate his next move for her plan to go off without a hitch. The Hokage glanced towards Akari flashing her a cheeky grin as his eyes peeked out from above his dark glasses.

"Let's see what you're cooking up." So far Akari had demonstrated excellent trap setting skills. Something a lesser shinobi would certainly be overwhelmed by. The trap within the caramel river, the trap at the end, and the clone baring down on the other avenue. Leaving only retreat or for one to go over the entire thing, of which gave Akari the opportunity to counter then and there. A perfect storm of lay and wait. With some tuning she'd certainly be a force to be reckoned with.
Jutsu UsedShow
Tighten Space: Short Step
C-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver
By Channeling chakra, Fanho when throwing a strike will tighten the space between himself and his target, so long as its no farther than 5 meters it will instantly shorten bringing his strike into contact with his target. This maneuver is utilized in tandem with others to build off on them.

Close Time: Lagged Palm
C-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver
As Fanho channels chakra he throws an attack at his opponent focusing jikukan chakra on the attack. Just before it impacts Fanho will close time on the impact of the attack making the target feel no strength behind it as it lands. However this causes the attack to attach itself to the opponent where they were struck, frozen in time for the next 5 posts or until Fanho opens time on it.
Last edited by Director on Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:15 pm

Still fifteen meters away from Fanho and seperated by the caramel river Akari watched from a distance as the Hokage performed a strange nintaijutsu maneuver. Akari was begining to understand Jikukan a little and could tell by the purple chakra that Fanho was manipulating Space-Time to fight the clone. She wasn't sure what he did but the girl was eager to find out. She watched her clone brush the attack off easily with a blow of purple chakra around where Fanho had struck it. Akari was quite curious what the technique Fanho was using could possibly be. She didn't understand the concepts of opening or closing time and would be sure to be in for a shock when Fanho released his technique.

Akari watched her clone fight with Fanho. Fanho had returned to his original position so the clone had a bit to travel but while it did it put together the handseals for another exploding nut. In it's hand the clone kept the nut while it punched and kicked at Fanho. Akari was waiting for the right moment to explode the nut. She was safe for now at a distance and liked it that way. She was basically out of options at this point, but if she could blow the nut off at the right time Fanho would be swept off his feet.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:11 pm

He watched as the clone approached ,its hands weaving the same set of seals as earlier as a nut sprouted from its palm. Explosive after explosive, it really felt like she wanted to blow up the Hokage. Usually people with reverence for the Hokage didn't want to do t hat, most people kept their nuts under control from exploding like that. As he slowed his back pedal as to not leap right into the path of the trapped kunai, the clone came forward ready for a flurry of strikes. Of which Fanho dipped, ducked, dodged, dived, and dodged he took advantage of a high kick thrown by pressing forward and sliding under Akari's duplicate's leg.

The Awai waited for the clone to turn around and face him putting her back to the exploding kunai just in range of it. The Awai made a finger gun gesture as it flared with purple Jikukan chakra, with a high whistle Fanho smirked and emulated the recoil to his fingers. "Its Highnoon." The floating orb of purple chakra that had latched onto the clone with vibrate before thrusting itself into the clone's chest sending it flying back into the kunai at the end of the caramel river. The purple chakra orb emulated Fanho's straight jab from earlier letting all the kinetic force from his earlier fake-out punch now resume its time sending the clone in a direction most opportune for the Hokage.

He planted his feet and blew off the smoking purple chakra from his finger as he playfully re-holstered the "pistol". "Its time for the offense. Hope you're ready for it." The Hokage leapt forward still moderating his speed, but instead of taking his new path he just made he opted to leap forward over the caramel roughly where he assumed the nut to be. He'd give her the opportunity to set something up with it, at least try and catch him midair with more than just the nut. Leaping through the air his body glowed with purple chakra before transferring to his rings. He'd at least hide a trick of his sleeve as a get out of jail free card.

Fanho aimed to build that tactile knowledge of attacking, defending, the back and forth of combat. This was also a good gauge of her skills, seeing her strengths, her weaknesses, and what potential future she could take as a shinobi. The dance of fighting often told someone more than a person could explain about themselves. After all, the immediate nature of combat and lack of thinking needed sometimes relies on the baser instincts and helped harden them the more they were tested, pushed, and pulled to build that grey-matter. If he could prepare the younger generation with that knowledge, then he'd rest a little easier at night knowing the kids were alright.
Jutsu UsedShow
Open Time: Resume
C-rank Ninjutsu
Fanho will channel chakra, then focus on anything they’ve Closed Time on. Time will resume for that target, no longer Closed.
Jutsu Held in RingsShow
Open Space: Blink
C-rank Ninjutsu
Fanho will channel chakra to his body as he focuses on a place within [Control]x2 meters of him. As long as he focuses on that place he can open space around himself and anything he is touching to teleport there instantly.
Last edited by Director on Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:26 pm

Akari wasn't surprised to see the glowing purple chakra reemerge a the hokage's behest. She readied her next action as Fanho put his finger guns back in their holster. The clone went flying and as it hit the ground it deformed into the misshaped figure of a tree trunk growing level with the ground. She wondered just what kind of cringe Fanho was capable of and watched in horror as the S-Ranked ninja moved in her direction. Akari didn't hesitate though, she was prepared for her next move.

As Fanho jumped over the caramel river Akari realized that it had been too long and her Bakahatsu Nut was no longer active. She thought she was going to explode the nut and cover Fanho in sticky caramel but that was simply not in the cards for her. Instead Akari drew two shuriken from her back pouch and launched them at Fanho. "Dodge that!" Akari was expecting Fanho to teleport. He was in the air and had no other means of dodging as far as she knew. Akari watched her shuriken fly towards Fanho and began casting handseals. She wasn't sure if she had it in her for another strong jutsu but she was certainly going to try.

When Fanho teleported out of the way of her shuriken Akari would try to hit him with another caramel river shot. If she was quick, and might lucky, she would be able to get a good hit on the Hokage and end this battle. She was incredibly exhausted and as she was molding her chakra through her hand signs Akari noticed she was at a dangerous threshold in her reserves. This would definitely be her last chance to hit Fanho and she was giving it all she had. Akari wasn't sure if he would teleport behind her or where exactly but she felt like she had a pretty good shot of hitting Mr. Cool.

While she was preparing for her last shot Akari thought back on the night before she met Fanho. She had expected so much from the Hokage but she had no idea that would deliver such an incredible show for her. She knew for sure she would pass the fuck out, she had never exhausted her chakra reserves like this before, but she was happy to mark this moment down as one of the best of her life. Akari was impressed by fanho's dedication and skill, he was truly an idol shinobi who Akari looked up to. She wondered if she would ever get to his impressive level of mastery over ninjutsu.

As the shuriken flew ever closer to Fanho Akari slowly grew a devious smile across her face. She was getting delirious from the exhaustion of using all her chakra and suddenly she felt ever so confident in herself. She was pretty sure she could cover Fanho in his sweet caramel river jutsu. All it would take is a bit of focus and some luck. Akari was over flowing with confidence and took a deep breath to expel caramel.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:29 am

Just as Akari predicted, her eyes darting around looking for where he would teleport next. He began focusing his chakra within as he prepped for his next jutsu. The Hokage used his teleport as popped up just before Akari as his left hand clamped down on her mouth to prevent her from spewing any caramel or using anymore chakra. He began to swell with jikukan chakra as he brought his other hand up to his mouth placing a single finger to his lips. "Shhh... Use anymore and you'll miss the best part."

His right hand pulled away from his lips as it formed a single handseal. Reality seemed to tear apart as it revealed a vast cosmos with purple star dust lingering in the sky and twinkling stars out in the far distance. The only thing recognizable this close up was the floating platforms that dotted this vast arena. Space what was thought to only be able to catch glimpses of and if lucky at the top of a tall mountain were now before Akari's very eyes. Fanho's hand would release Akari's face as he gave her a playful flick to the forehead and stuck his tongue out at her.

"You did good. You'll be a real threat getting people stuck to the ground like that. Just make sure you make some techniques that keep you from getting stuck." He thought about it for a moment before shrugging and continuing on. "Unless you wanna fight up close, I guess keeping your feet stuck to the ground might be helpful from getting blown away. Just some ideas, feel free to use them but I may require royalties for it." He chuckled to himself as Fanho walked to the edge of the platform looking at his own Space/Time realm. Even though he had seen it a million times it never really got old to be fair.

Seeing the cosmos this close up was special in its own right. He'd take this opportunity to let Akari get a breather and enjoy the vast realm. See the epitome of Space/Time ninjutsu, and perhaps continue their conversation from before. He had seen her skills, unique talent, and combat aptitude. However, was her attitude up to snuff to be Hokage? After all, a village needed someone that could link hearts and minds. "So why do you want to become Hokage?"
Jutsu UsedShow
Open Space: Blink - Ring jutsu
C-rank Ninjutsu
Fanho will channel chakra to his body as he focuses on a place within [Control]x2 meters of him. As long as he focuses on that place he can open space around himself and anything he is touching to teleport there instantly.

Kuchiyose • Open Space: Ryōiki Tenkai
S-rank Tenkujutsu (Nin)
Prerequisites: Open Space: Seeking Truth
By channeling chakra Fanho will open space around him up to 160x160x160m, Fanho summons his own realm by overlaying his space/time realm over the real world. While in this space, it will turn into Fanho's realm and be coated by a large transparent Deep Violet Hue veil that designates the area and can be left at any point by crossing the barrier. While doing so Fanho gets the benefits of being in his realm with no penalty for people within the realm. However this cross of realm is difficult to maintain and can only last for 7 posts. Once this jutsu is over the space goes back to how it was originally.
Last edited by Director on Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:55 pm

The chakra within Akari simmered down and she relaxed, then before she knew it Fanho had opened up a new dimension before her very eyes. All around Akari was the brilliant swirl of cosmic radiance and she could see for as far as the light would let her. It was amazing and she had a great big smile plastered on her face. Fanho was truly amazing and the little genin was absolutely impressed. Traveling from here to there was one thing, but altering the very landscape around them to become the heavens was absolutely brilliant. Smiling from ear to ear Akari collapsed onto the floor and let out a big sigh of relief.

"I didn't think I had it in me, but i was sure going to try.." Akari said to the Hokage and slowly got back onto her feet. She was pretty exhausted and the young ninja was shaking at the knees but she tried her best to look strong. Akari had nearly completely exhausted herself. She had never trained so hard in her short life and though it was exhilirating she was totally gassed. Panting she tried to muster up some words for Fanho but she just let out a little squeek instead. The young girls giggled nervously and looked directly at Fanho.

After a second of some metered breaths she regained her composure and replied to the Hokage, "I think I would be a good leader, duh." Akari stuck her tongue out back at Fanho plaufully and giggled again, this time with more oomph behind it. "And I want to help the world Fanho. The people of this world need someone like me to iron out the woes of life with a good taste in their mouth." Akari was grinning and she turned her head away from Fanho to look at the space around her. It was truly beautiful.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

A Day With The Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:31 am

Fanho sat down on the edge of the floating platform within his realm. Despite it not being the real cosmos, its beauty was still amazing. He patted the ground next to him inviting Akari to take a seat and have a breather after their spar. It seemed to had taken its toll on her, but fought valiantly she did he thought. He chuckled as Akari acknowledged her own efforts of digging deep and having to try and make an attempt. "That's how you find it in you. You first gotta try, try, and try until you over come the barrier. Its only up from here."

As Akari gave a cocky answer, one he himself would've also given when asked. He flubbed his tongue back at her as revenge, and laughed with the girl. The Hokage bit his thumb as he listened Akari give a more serious answer, he nodded as his eyes glanced at her from the corner.

"And I want to help the world Fanho. The people of this world need someone like me to iron out the woes of life with a good taste in their mouth."

A smile crept to each corner of his mouth as he gave a slight impressed sigh at her youthful optimism. "Heh, that's the spirit. Though it takes a lot to iron the problems out of the world. There's bad guys like you wouldn't believe. But all the more reason we need good people like you around right?"

He playfully bopped Akari on the top of the head before ruffling her hair, in a flash the two were removed from the void of the cosmos and instead sitting in a pair of chairs within the Senju compound grounds. A meager "Eek" before a mulled "Ugh" was heard as a Senju woman was sweeping her porch when the two surprised her. She gripped her broom and walked back inside slightly ticked off, a soft "I hate it when he does that, at least Takeo walked places", rang out from the home.

The Hokage splayed his hands out welcoming Akari back home to the compound, "Keep training, keep firm in your belief to help people. Some people are unique in the way they help people, but just remember they share the same goal as everyone else in the village." His own thoughts rang back to Taiga and their misunderstanding of each others beliefs. Some of their practices even rubbing off on one another. "I won't bore you too much with a monologue about Hokagedom, leadership, or training. But I think I should let you get to resting this training off. I don't suspect this will be the last time we'll talk, my doors always open, but..."

His chin nestled in his right hand, with elbow on the arm of the chair he cocked his head at an angle curiously at the Senju, "Any final questions before I part to my Hokagely duties?"
Last edited by Director on Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

King of Cats

A Day With The Hokage

Post by King of Cats » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:41 pm

Sitting next to Fanho in space was quite amazing. The young girls head was filled with sugar drops and lollipops as she watches the stars dance in the black sky of space. What the Hokage was saying to her seemed to echo in her mind, each word hanging into the last like ants forming a bridge. Skari couldn't help but get annoyed when Fanho stuck his tongue out at her. He was so cocky. How dare he! She squinted her eyes at him. She was tood tired to speak up when he did that, but she didn't let her attention stray from Hokage Fanho. The girl was truly in heaven, literally. She wondered what Fanho named this place.

When they appeared back in the Hokage's office, Skari was shocked by the sudden transportation. She gasped and held her loose hair from getting in her eyes. That damn Hokage! She kind of liked him and the idea of it had her blushing. She could barely focus on what Fanho was saying and Akari started making a racket, huffing and puffing as Fanho talked to her. "It's hard to focus when you pop me in and out. Damn guy.. anyways Fanho. I must thank you for your time. You taught me a lot and you pushed me to my limit. I hope I made the same impression on you as you did me. I don't have any questions further from you. I just have one more thing to say." Akari paused for dramatic effect, hopped up and spun a full three hundred sixty degrees
she had her finger pulling her eye downward and her tongue was out once again. "Your odor reminds me of a dog that has taken a shower." Akari giggled and then promptly stood at attention. She gave the Hokage a wink, then s bow.

Akari quite liked Fanho

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”