Old Blood, New Nature

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:50 pm

"S... Sarutobi-sama? Are... you okay?" The voice of Ibuku was gentle as he was staring at a strange sight. It had been his intention to meet this person but this was the worst way he could imagine. Late night, a simple stroll to enjoy the crisp fall air and the super of the night. Even if he knew that he was being watched and followed per the Hokage's orders, he found it increasingly easier to ignore as time went on. It was during this stroll that he had paused at a bench and had gone to sit down before he heard some incoherent speech behind him and there was a genuine feeling of the hair up the back of his neck standing on ends. He turned and tilted his head when the words came out suddenly, now seeing the shinobi that was many years and many battles his senior, halfway inside of the bench and seemingly inebriated from the smell that lingered briefly in the air.

"Uh... Is... there anything I can... do to help? I can... see about one of those guarding me to get some water..." There was concern and a small tinge of fear in his voice, wishing not to offend the man who may not be fully in his right mind.
Last edited by FluffyGinja on Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitoke, Ibuku - Genin - Konohagakure No Sato - #00A5DB
Ogata Amiya - B Rank - Iwagakure No Sato - slategrey

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by Taiga » Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:52 am

Taiga's hands wiggled as if something heavy was in them- two spherical objects to be precise. The corner of his lips pulled tight with a shit eating grin that showed nothing but joy. Drool began to drip out of the corner of his mouth. "Hey there..." Taiga mumbled. "careful..." ... "careful where you throw those two massive things around..." he muttered in his sleep. His sweet dreams continued. Unbeknownst to him, he was covered in the gin he had been drinking and phased half way through a bench. Good thing his lower body was in the ground. Taiga began to salivate practically as he made some gurgling strange noises and his head rolled back until finally he phased fully through the bench, hitting the ground with his upper body.

Like the exorcist his body moved in a weird fashion contorting back and forth, until suddenly his eyes rolled back in his head and he sat up, phasing back up above the ground and into a sitting position.

"S... Sarutobi-sama? Are... you okay?" a voice called out to the scene. The voice even offered water.

"Never been better shit cunt, welcome to the Genma world." a strange, smokey, and rough voice called out. It was the voice of Sukairaa. Taiga's eyes rolled back into his head as his neck turned and he shot a gaze at the new host- one with some strange Genma born of the remains of Atarasu. The voice almost sounded like an obnxious italian new-yorker who smoked four packs a day till he died, became a ghost, then haunted people when they called his ghostly number... not that any of those things existed in our world or setting.

"So... watcha do, frankenstein?"

Weirdly, Taiga's hand was still twitching, holding whatever those two spherical objects might of been. Where they walnut size? Were they basketballs? It was ambiguous, and up to you dear reader.
Last edited by Taiga on Fri Oct 20, 2023 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:20 am

There was a moment of pause as Ibuku had been pondering what Taiga could be doing in this unconscious state. 'Melons... They seem big enough... Could it be a large ball? Why would they knock him out... Maybe I'll look into iijutsu to assist him if this is common for him.' All of these thoughts and more were interrupted as he heard another voice call out this time. Far less like the barely conscious man that has been lying inside of the bench just a moment ago.

It was a brash voice, covered in smoke in sound and in actuality. Ibuku could gather from context that it was the spirit that was hosted inside of Taiga, controlling him since he was otherwise out of control at the moment. One of his hands reached up and nervously scratched near the base of one of the antlers rested on his head as it seemed to let a few small leaves drop from it, the goldenrod colored foliage fluttering away. "I... We... Mmmh... Shizen grants me the power to... shape the world... I'd also appreciate that you don't call him that..." His voice was a little more firm than before as he had stood up a little straighter after the small pause in between his sentences, but it was clear he was still wary of the situation.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by Taiga » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:24 pm

Sukairaa moved Taiga's head slowly towards his own hand. Even when he was in control, this runt still had a stronger will over his body. Tsch. His eyes looked to the hand, then back to Ibuku, before Taiga's free hand latched onto the wrist of the pulsating hand, pulling it down and exerting a grip that stopped whatever perverse motion had been going on. He cleared his throat and stared with the intensity of a thousand suns towards Ibuki as he rose to his feet.

"Well- Shizen" Sukairaa snarled with an extra tone of brash irony, "is made of the ashes and ethers of a being who was my brother for more milenia than you primitive humans have existed. That and, I suppose, whatever dirty energies fused with his remains from this world due to the magic of that cursed hedgelord..." Sukairaa said as he snapped his neck, then his fingers, and walked over to Ibuki.

"What's this Shizen, shaper of worlds sound like? He a pip squeak? Is he mentally a baby? Tell me, what is my new brother like, maybe you can let him come out and play a little?" Sukairaa teased as he moved around Ibuki, eyeing him up and down, phasing through him and around him as he inspected him potentially causing a "cold" sensation.

"It'd mean so much to me if you let me talk to my new sibling..." Sukairaa said with a poisoned honey tone. He was being totally honest though... he hadn't even met this Shizen who was now his brother, or something like that however the spirit world worked.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:20 pm

This was something he had read about. The Deigenma was one of the more rough around the edges spirits and it was clear that the lose of a sibling weighed heavily on them. Especially with how they spoke and acted alongside their overall treatment of Ibuku. Thanks to Shizen and their conversation, the Deigenma was only partially correct in this instance, but that would be something they could discuss between themselves if the spirit inside Ibuku so wished it. "A moment, I'll ask." However, before he did, he made a sharp whistle sound. It was more to alert the handler that followed him to watch carefully. After that though, he closed his eyes and had an inwardly conversation. Which allowed Sukairaa to watch as the energy around Ibuku built up slowly.

Even in the darkness, the vivid chakra of Shizen was easily seen, like falling autumn leaves that danced in pools of brilliant golds and reds. With that, Ibuku opened his eyes and less possession like and more like two minds melded for a moment. "This is the extent that I may speak with you, O brother mine. You asked many questions and yet, your stubbornness and arrogance act against your own wishes. I have always been here, since the beginning and I will continue to be here for many eons afterwards." Unlike the current, almost full manifestation of Sukairaa, Shizen had taken on a more wizened, slightly holier-than-thou form of Ibuku's voice. As if he had simply aged up rapidly. "You are not fully incorrect though. The former spirit is here, a part of the world once more, lending aid in its own way. You might call it imprisonment though. Although, you appear to fail at escaping often. Peculiar." Across Ibuku's face, there was a brief grin, one that almost looked like an elder looking down on someone for trying to act tough.

"You have a strong host though... Maybe you find enjoyment in watching someone utilize your power. Come now, O brother mine, speak your peace. I simply ask you do not harm my host."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by Taiga » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:19 pm

Taiga’s eyes narrowed swiftly to nothing but mere slits at the insolence of Shizen. He spoke rather grandiose for a pissant born yesterday who was lucky enough to inherit the energies of a former Genma. He squared his shoulders and mirrored Shizen.

The assumption or fear he would harm the child host was absurd. buku didn’t mean anything to him. He was just another human who wouldn’t make it to his next birthday under the mighty duress a genma put on their hosts. Procuring a cigarette from Taiga’s flack jacket he took a long drag and processed what the new old genma had said.

“You may come from Atarasu, but you are not Atarasu… and as such you are not our brother.” Sukairaa said in a new, calmer and more calculated tone as he released a ring of smoke. He removed the cigarette from his hosts mouth then trampled it beneath his feet.

Shizen was speaking far too familiar to him- they didn’t know each other- as ironic as that was for a chronic dipshit like Sukairaa.

“A tiger doesn’t hunt flies- your kid is safe. Besides, I respect my host enough to not kill his comrades, just as much as he respects my kin, which you are not…” he finished grinding the cigarette into the dirt and peered back up with his attention fully set to Shizen and Inuku.

“But you- well. I owe you nothing. You have to earn my respect.” he said peering back up to Shizen who was for the moment in control of Ibuku.

“You may know things from Atarasu but you didn’t experience them with us- the Genma… I would advise you add some humility before you meet my siblings for they are far less forgiving than I….” he said as he walked in a circle around Ibuku.

“I take it you have some dominion over nature by your choice of name. I need to know how to help your kid and more importantly how you’ll have my own boys back. What can you do? ” Sukairaa questioned.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:01 am

"You mistake physical age for actual one. I have always been and will continue to be, even if I was, as you put it, born recently. However, you are correct in that I did not experience what you all have, I was far less concentrated but nevertheless, I know you all to some degree." As he was responding to the small bits that concerned him, he seemed to pause and Ibuku's brow furrowed as if there was a quick conversation once more within his head. "Very well... I will show you. His capacity is limited but he is eager. To answer a question before I show an answer... He would like... a brother, as he puts it." As he went to adjust his stance, the chakra channeled through him with that same autumn shape and color before the ground rose up into the shape of a chair before slipping back to simply the ground, the air tugged around them in strange shapes before unfolding with ease, the water in the air condensed into a small sphere before falling away and the remaining ash from the cigarette that was smoke a moment ago flared to life before being snuffed right back out. "I imagine you'll find it useful with how I can shape all things natural, O br-" Once more, a sharp and poignant pause before he took a deep breath. "Hmm... Out of respect to you... My host is not used to this... This is as much as he can endure."

When the moment passed, Sukairaa would see Ibuku fully return. There was a thin layer of sweat dappling his forehead now as he was breathing a little heavier than before, a soft huff of air escaping into the night which was visible from the contrast of cooler air to far hotter breath. "Ah... Sorry... I... Just tried what... Felt natural... That is hard... You guys make it look so much easier. He... forgot to mention that I can also sense elemental natures. In this case, a lack of one for you." As he was speaking, he was doing his best to gather his breath, but it was clear the poor kid was worn out from the raw power he held for all of a scant moment.

As he was going to take a quick seat on the bench that Taiga had been embedded in a moment ago, he was looking at the ground and just working on catching his breath. "Did you have... anymore questions for him... or me? I can answer, since he likes to listen... Wait... You likely know all of this already..." Ibuku was sitting up more upright as he looked at Taiga being controlled still by the spirit inside of him. "I am... sorry on his behalf. Fanho... did tell me he could be a bit... overly wise."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by Taiga » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:18 am

How very interesting indeed... the Genma mused to himself as he watched this self-proclaimed old one take control of his host, as a Genma should, and syphon his powers to take control of the nature around them itself. It seemed he had a great ability to shape the nature around him, albeit limited due to his flesh container. Drawing another cigarette from his flack jacket he lit it and took a long drag, chuckling to the now freed Ibuku. "Funny how this human smokes these... he's just speeding up the time to my release..." he said with a pause as took another drag before eyeing Ibuku up and down. His brow glistened with a light sweat. He was pretty early into being a Jinchuuriki.

Following Ibuku towards the bench he took a seat beside him then crossed one leg, giving his elbow somewhere to prop as he took yet another drag of the cigarette and sighed, letting out a long pause.

"Nothing more for now. Look kid, I'll be honest. My kind is filled with a lot of assholes. Seems like you lucked out with Shizen- he's maybe less of a problem than Atarasu was..." the Genma said with a melancholy tone. "That asshole and Yoshimitsu considered themselves the strongest of our kin- they always talked down to me. The ego. And yet- somehow I feel bad. My kid kind of had a thing for his host and well, in the end that arrogant prick was my brother." The Genma looked over to Ibuki.

"This Taiga guy made me a little sentimental, so I'll tell you what. Just this once I'll pity the poor human who was made a container for a Genma to service his nation and I'll tell you stuff Fanho can't, cause well, honestly, I think you won't make it another year. And Taiga is an idiot and probably a worse mentor than I am." the Genma said with a wicked smile. It was a weird toxic friendship fiew could really grasp- but he did love Taiga even if he constantly gaslight him.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:30 pm

Now Ibuku understood just why Taiga was so out of sorts and a little more why Sukairaa was more defensive than he appeared to be. It was strangely humanizing now the spirit was acting, reminding the younger host that a bond was important and how he was somewhat lucky the bond between himself and Shizen was far more of a mutual thing. "I'll... keep that in mind and act as respectful as... is earned." He appeared to pause as he chose his words carefully. Ibuku wanted to be a better shinobi than he was and he had been trying to embrace that by sticking more up for himself first, or at the least... making sure to put himself a little more forward and less in the background. His eyes glanced at Taiga, seeing through the spirit for a second, seeing just how much a host can also affect a spirit... and giving a slight nod in both thought and understanding of the issue.

"I... don't know a lot about this. I'm sure of one thing though..." He paused for a second as he channeled a little chakra into himself before quite literally pulling a flower out of thin air, the strange wispy shape disappearing as soon as he let go of the control of it. "I'm going to last a lot longer than a year... With your help, hopefully even longer than I think."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by Taiga » Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:51 am

"I'm going to last a lot longer than a year... With your help, hopefully even longer than I think."

Tsk- the genma seethed through his teeth as he gently punched Ibuku on the shoulder with a shit eating grin. He nodded. "Alright kid- maybe you will. This one-" he said as he pointed to himself, meaning Taiga, "was a hard-headed, knuckle-headed dipshit with an indomitable will. That's actually the exact best people to put a Genma in." he said as he lamented the near hundred-scale amount of hosts he had inhabited in his time. Most of them died so quick that you couldn't help but be desensitized and distant.

Taiga was consistent. Consistent and resilient. And that was probably the trait that mattered.

"I'll help you- but not cause I like you or anything like that. I think Shizen would just be a good ally to have in case I ever need to tussle with our other brothers and sisters." he said as he grabbed at his size, suddenly interrupting his discussion.

"I think this dipshit's liver is starting to deal with that alcohol- he'll probably wake up soon. Before I go though, is there anything at all you want to know... about the genma? I'll tell you one thing. Then next time you're going to have to prove yourself to me if you want anything more."
Last edited by Taiga on Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:49 am

'Ow' Ibuku thought to himself as he rubbed his shoulder. There was definitely going to be a bruise there tonight but he listened to the spirit talk to him. Jaded would be the first word to come to mind. When you are old as these particular spirits, Ibuku was gathering how little these beings had interactions with humans that were at all positive. "I don't think I'm... stubborn or knuckle-headed. I've been told I'm... quiet, studious and... curious." He simply gave a shrug at the description given to him by other people as he was looking at Taiga for a moment, noticing the slight wince of pain from Sukairaa.

"Ah, oh... Hmm... I've heard about the other spirits only a little bit but I'm not sure who they are. Can you tell me a little about them? You said Atarasu and Yoshimitsu are arrogant and see themselves as the best among you all." He was genuinely more curious about the spirits that resided within the other hosts than the hosts themself at current.

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by Taiga » Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:17 am

The Genma-controlled-hosts eyes narrowed as he tilted his head.

"The Genma are all kind of different. Much like humans, yaknow?" he said with a hiccup as his eyes changed for a moment and his voice cracked, changing between the genma's rough and smokey tone and Taiga's husky voice. "The Soul Genma- he's really bad news. Even us other Genma are weary of him. Vorashu- uh, Body Genma- is a total knob. Yoshimitsu can be controlling. Atarasu- he viewed his mastery over so much of the world- so many elements... as something that made him superior. Though he was better natured, his arrogance was annoying..." Sukairaa said as he winced again and held his side. His face contorted a little.

"We all meet from time to time- our meat sacks have some form of kinship for eachother.?" he said as his voice stopped cracking and fully turned to Taiga's own for a moment and he slumped over in his chair, out cold... least for a moment till he perked back up and coughed.

"You'll meet them eventually, but you're not strong enough for that yet." he said as he turned and faced the kid.

"Atarasu- the one Shizen comes from. He died, and that mutt he was in, because of that meeting. The girl Taiga liked uh, the mutt, she was going back to Konoha after the Jinchuuriki all met and well... When one of us is in you..." Sukairaa said as his tone softened.

"Everyones your enemy." he said with a solemn tone.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:21 am

There was some twinges of concern on Ibuku's face as he could see the flashes of pain across Taiga's face, especially with the way that Sukairaa was slowly being shifted back inside of his host from how he was waking up. Ibuku was taking mental notes that eventually, he'd write down and make a little list and start to do more study into the different Genma spirits. 'Meat sacks... I wonder if he is saying that for a tough face since he said he liked his host... Hmm...' These thoughts were immediately dismissed when he heard more about the former host of the former spirit that used to be Shizen. Sukairaa could see the slight shock in Ibuku's eyes and less his face. There was that moment of genuine realization of what world he had gotten into before he seemed to reel himself inwards and pause for a second.

"Then... I'll strive to protect myself... Those around me and change minds. If I can't do that... I'll do what I have to do." There was somewhat of a coldness to him, possibly due to the fact that he had just realized how rough his life would be and maybe it was this small hint of the influence the Genma had over him. Nature, after all, isnt cruel or kind. It is simply nature and there was always a vicious side to it.

"I'll... go before Taiga wakes up. Based on the conversation, I'm the last person who may wish to see." With that Ibuku stood up and made another whistle sound to let the person who was watching over him know he was moving once more and there was a moment to pause as he looked back. "Thanks for the advice, I'll take it to heart."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by Taiga » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:01 am

Sukairaa, who had been uncharacteristically kind so far to Ibuku, nodded. Despite his toxic one liners and outward projections of crass character the truth was that he cared about Taiga deep down. It'd been his first connection in a very long time and the first host to prove him wrong in centuries. Closing his and Taiga's eyes, Sukairaa felt his consciousness fade into the backdrop merging like a layer of watercolor over an already painted picture.

As things faded to darkness, memories surged in his head. Memories of an era past. Of a great war amongst man and genma- and of Atarasu and Sukairaa. The two genma clashed blow after ferocious blow. On either side of them were humans. Their spears soared through the air. Their blades clanked against the armor of their opponents. It was the war of two great forces. His arm dipped into the ground as Sukairaa was surrounded in stone- armored to the tooth. His shoulder lowered he pouned into Atarasu knocking him into a wall and breaking right through it only for the soldiers of his side to roar...

Dreams, or distant memories?
Taiga, groggy, but surprisingly sober from the rate his body was able to handle the alcohol a woke on the seat bench... or half way through it. His body was sore and his head pounding. Phasing fully through and onto the bench he laid down, staring up to the sky, completely unaware of the scene that had transposed.

He let out a sigh as he pulled his arms behind his head and lost himself in his thoughts.

"Train the next genma host, huh?" he said with a pouty "puff" of smoke as he closed his eyes. It'd seem like Fanho and Tenzin had plans for the bannin.
Last edited by Taiga on Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

FluffyGinja

Old Blood, New Nature

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:05 am

Ibuku was left with a lot of thoughts as he walked through the night air. That sharp and crisp air kept his mind clear of distractions as he walked along. The words that Sukairaa had said to him rang through his mind with vicious precision, like it was all that Ibuku could think about as his body autopiloted back towards home. He'd mutter under his breath a lot about the issue, trying to find a way to think it over but no matter what he did... There was a new addition to the harsh reality of the world he chose to embrace. "Everyone could be my enemy..." There was a moment of pause at his door as he seemed to fumble for the key to enter his little apartment, placing a hand on the wooden frame. A chill ran up his spine at the thought of it before he managed to get the door open and stumble inside, closing it behind him with a soft thud.

With his back to the door, he debated with himself a little more before he forced himself off the structure and went to move towards his bed, neglecting to change clothes at all as he flopped himself into the mattress. "I won't accept that... I will do better than that. I won't just be something to be feared or seen as a threat." He muttered to himself as he was closing his eyes slowly. Sleep came easy but rest was difficult. The dreams were rough this night, constantly keeping his mind active and forcing him to continually reevaluate the stance he had just taken. Was this really worth all the effort, to become a human weapon unlike any other and to be the target of ire and hatred for someone...

The next morning was rougher of a start than usually. He woke up later, was slower in all his movements and overall, a little more exhausted than before. There was almost an energy that the plants in his apartment would give off to him, leeching off of his negativity passively as he went to each to make sure they had adequate moisture in the soil. "To hell with what he said... I'm not going to let it scare me into doing nothing or being scared." He muttered to himself, taking a deep breath before he brought his hands up and clapped onto either side of his cheeks, waking himself up with a grunt of pain. "I'll prove him wrong. No matter what."
Last edited by FluffyGinja on Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”