One With Nature, or Is Nature With The One?

Ibuku and Fanho

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:22 pm

Deep in the forests behind Konoha's walls, Fanho awaited at a secluded training field buried deep in the forest with overgrowth strewn across. The Hokage sat in the nook of a large tree root, legs kicked up, head knocked forward as he rested his eyes. Learning iijutsu Fanho really didn't sleep anymore, he constantly kept his body refreshed when it felt tired, and from there he never felt real fatigue. The world was a much dangerous place than when Fanho had come from. Shinobi-hood was never a safe endeavor, but even now things were much different. A grand war was waged, nations established, nations disappeared, and now they even chose to wage war further. Despite the massive blood shed, the losses, it seemed like when the world had just got done tearing itself apart it was gnawing at the chance to do so once more.

For this new world he'd prepare Ibuku the best he could, but he wouldn't try to overly push the kid. It was hard enough being trusted with the literal equivalent of a WMD as a teenager, let alone with world leaders baring down on you for perfection, and adherence to their ideals. He simply would show Ibuku his way and provide guidance. He wasn't a dad so figuring this stuff out was mind boggling even more so than international politics. However, he'd try his best, mistakes and all, nothing would go with bad intentions.

Even while Fanho sat, despite not napping or sleeping, he did find himself in deep thought almost akin to a deep slumber. At this point sleep and thinking weren't really just good for his brain, but a small piece of solace for him to retreat to parse it all out. A mind palace he could organize his thoughts, ideas, plans, and knowledge stored. For now he was just thinking how the heck do you train someone whose domain is literally nature. What were even the limitations on that? Would he kill himself straining too hard to control nature? On second thought Fanho didn't want to really have that worry nagging him.
Last edited by Director on Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:14 am

Ibuku had woken up in the morning, fairly normal all things considered. Check in with whoever was the handler this morning, get some breakfast, walk around the house slowly and water the plants that had basically taken over his home at this rate. He had always liked plants but from the influences of Shizen, he found a little more fulfillment in watching life grow and take form, properly treating it of decayed parts and helping to shape it all together. He was ruminating as he watered a small aloe plant, as his handler had mentioned that Fanho wished to see him and he was going to be led to where he was when Ibuku was finished with the morning. Once he was dressed, a task that had grown more difficult with he addition of the antlers that sprouted from his head, he took a moment to prepare himself mentally for this as he looked towards his handler who waited patiently for him and he gave a nod of affirmation.

Unlike how he thought, his handler pulled something from his pocket and made a small set of seals before grabbing Ibuku. Much like how Fanho himself performed it, suddenly he was in the forest, considerably deep as far as he could tell. There was a musty scent all over, decay but naturally occuring. His eyes peered around as it seemed only he was transported, before he caught Fanho sitting up in a tree and he seemed to be asleep so he cleared his throat. "Hokage-Sama." He called out to him as he was watching him, curious as to if he was asleep or simply thinking hard... It honestly seemed like both.
Last edited by FluffyGinja on Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hitoke, Ibuku - Genin - Konohagakure No Sato - #00A5DB
Ogata Amiya - B Rank - Iwagakure No Sato - slategrey

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Oct 31, 2023 11:59 pm

Fanho's eyes awoke as his vision darted down towards Ibuku, before he stretched his back in place reaching up to the heavens. "Oh hey. Had a feeling you'd make it over here quickly. We're still in the village, just less walking." The Hokage swung his legs over the edge of the tree before hopping down to the ground to join Ibuku. He locked his fingers together and pushed them forward in-front of himself cracking the air pockets that laid in wait between his knuckles, before settling on cradling the back of his head as he cocked his head projecting the confusion he assumed Ibuku had about the meeting.

"Today, we train. You've got a unique power, and you gotta learn how to use it. How do we do this? Put you through the paces." The Hokage turned his upper torso and gestured with his elbow the entirety of the forest. They'd be using the entire span of the forest, after all Shizen was the nature genma, so it only made sense to put Ibuku amongst nature. He had theorized Shizen wasn't much good among the hustle and bustle of Konoha, surrounded by people, mechanations that hummed and buzzed, and least of all modern infrastructure. Putting the genma back among his element would most likely bring out the best for training, at least that was his theory, and now they would use the scientific method to determine if he had the right idea.

"We're out here amongst the nature, doing naturey things. I want to try and get you to feel the earthly sense around you. A lot of people can do sensory, myself included. I listen out, feel the chakra in the air, see the chakra in the air, and by training I can read it to find out some neat things. Like..." Fanho pondered deep in his brain as he used his sensory skills to read over Ibuku, however it was muddled, and basically read like the world around him. He flubbed his lips and scratched his head as he dropped his hands. "Huh, I can usually read that stuff. But your whole chakra just blends in with the world."

He grimaced before an idea sprung up in his head like a light. Fanho smirked and snapped his fingers as his hand swelled with maroon chakra. "Apologize to Shizen for me, I just need to do this for a minute and then I'll release it." The Hokage playfully karate chopped Ibuku in the head lightly as the maroon chakra quickly dissipated over Ibuku, and suddenly he would feel shizen's presence disappear. The Awai reached out once more with sensory and could sense the genin's chakra again. It stood out like normal as if he were never a jinchuriki. With a quick read Fanho had a good idea of Ibuku's statistics, his chakra control, how much chakra he had, and his varying physical capabilities. With a quick flare of maroon chakra to his hand Fanho then unsealed Shizen's abilities back to Ibuku, his chakra signature fading back into the surrounding nature.

Fanho relaced his hands behind his hand as he started to ramble off Ibuku's information, "Average strength, average speed, but decent jutsu aptitude and better than average chakra capacity." The Hokage shrugged as he now could resume his explanation of sensing the world around one's self. "I think you can get the picture. Since you're the nature guy, you just got to get in-tune with Shizen, and feel out through the nature itself like I reach out to the chakra in everything."
Jutsu UsedShow
Shizumeru • [Spirit Disruption]
B-rank Tenkujutsu (Nin)
Fanho channels chakra to his hands, and upon making contact with a Jouri or its ability casted he is able to disrupt its ability to be used for the next 5 posts.This chakra coating lasts for 5 posts unless used.

*[Sensory Style • Augmented Evaluation]
A-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: 30 Control, [Sensory Style • Augmented Sense], [Sensory Style • [Target Lock]
After activating both prerequisite jutsu, the user will channel additional chakra. Once finishing the jutsu, they focus on their target channeling. Doing so will give them knowledge of the targets Control, Chakra Pool, Speed, and Strength stats.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:42 am

While Ibuku was glancing around the area, he was taking a mental note of each of the small thing around him. The leaves that had fallen down, the slight moisture in the grass, the little bits of insects that were priming to flee for the upcoming frost and winter. He listened to Fanho even if it seemed like he wasn't actively looking towards him. This place felt different. Being surrounded by nature is easy for Ibuku, he is around it a lot but there was something odd about the forest. While the shadows were deep, they weren't threatening. It almost felt like there was a slight inviting aspect to the earth around him, as if to remind him of what resided inside of him. When he looked back towards the Hokage, he gave a slight nod of determination. "It feels different than a normal forest here. It's been around for a lot longer and it's almost... familiar. If that makes sense." His voice was quiet as he was looking towards Fanho now with a curious expression. If he was going to be training out here, he had a feeling it was going to be far easier than he expected it to be. As he was listening to the explanation, he could see the frustration around his face before the chop to the head. Even if it was soft, it felt like a hammer and he winced, rubbing his head slightly from the movement.

This was a newer experience though. The absence of the spirit that resided within him, even if not truly gone, felt... strange. Lonely even. When it was released, there was a slight wave of relief across his whole body as he went to shake himself a small bit, adjusting to that sensation of increased chakra once more. As he did so, he was listening to the idea being presented to him and he took in a momentary breath as he went to focus more on the world around him.

Fanho could see that swirling chakra, the slight changes in it starting to become apparent as the fall months were growing colder. Less a cacophony of autumn colors and now starting to grey out. As that chakra pulsed around him, Ibuku could begin to gather how he could flow chakra into small things. Blades of grass that swayed even if no breeze present. As he was gathering more of this chakra up around him, even the ground began to give off small tremors as he was adjusting the strength of this technique ever so slightly each and every moment. Figuring out what his control over Shizen would allow for him to do. It was weak, the most faint hints of being able to sense another presence within the aura around him but it was there. With that in mind, now he took it a step further. Increasing the flow, the sensations of the world coming to life in his presence, the sounds of nature being used as fuel in its own strange way. 'Take your time... this is difficult. You've never done sensory... You can learn this, but you must focus. Fanho is a massive source, it makes it easier.' He could hear his own voice mixed with that of the spirit residing inside of him, his own encouragement as he began to pick up on a few more specifics around him. At first, it was simply Fanho himself, a large signature that was nearly overpowering, but soon it was minor things. Things he didn't wish to sense. Insects of all types, even the grass itself. 'Too much chakra, bring it back, focus it, refine it.'

Once more, adjusting himself in his focus, nature responded. Now, it grew still. Less chakra, more focused control, more forceful intent. It spread over the entire field that Shizen naturally occupied before rebounding back to him and now, singular information. Just Fanho. There was a slight huff of breath, his brow growing with sweat just a small amount. His lack of control over the spirit was his current biggest hurdle in this moment and he was struggling to bring forth a new idea that he barely had time to understand properly. Even if sensory was simply ninjutsu, it was foreign to him but he was thankful for the Hokage being here to allow him to train within the presence of someone who was able to explain it simply before he himself had to complicate it with what he was. As he let out the breath he didn't realize he was even holding, he reopened his eyes and gave a slight nod of his head. "That was... awkward in a way. It is less of a broad thing and more of a focused thing. The chakra I exude naturally is... everywhere and this was trying to get it to listen to me which... isn't easy yet." He muttered for a moment at the end there, almost ashamed of himself as she stared at the earth and brought up small pillar with a slight movement of his hand, watching it rise before it collapsed and reformed back to nothing but the natural ground it was. "It doesn't... last yet."

As he went to stretch himself out a little, standing on his tiptoes, he was looking around the whole area. "I... met Taiga recently. Mmmhh... no, rather... Sukairaa... Taiga isn't doing well it seems and I got to speak to his spirit. He wishes to help train me as well. He said something that... I've been mulling over. 'When you've got one of us in you... everyone is your enemy.'" Ibuku gave a pause as he had left his mouth open to say more but didn't know how to proceed for a second before clearing his throat. "I'd like to change that... as best I can. I understand that all of this... being a shinobi and choosing this spirit is going to be difficult but I'd hope I can... make things better in some way." As Ibuku went to finish what he was saying, he gave an apathetic shrug, as if he had not convinced himself of this exact notion.
Jutsu TrainedShow
400/400

Jishou • Simple Sensory
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Focusing his chakra of the kinesis field generated by Shizen, Ibuku can sense chakra sources within the radius of the field. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to pinpoint any specific sources outside of 10m. This only gives Ibuku an idea of how many entities with chakra are present.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:56 pm

The Awai watched Ibuku. While he may not be able to read Ibuku's chakra, he was at least able to read the body language of Ibuku and see the tremendous focus he had. Listening in to the nature around him, getting in-tune with that source and extending his own senses through it. A oneness with nature monks had tried to emulate to reach nirvana, but for Ibuku he could truly grasp that concept. While only shinobi and civilians alike could emulate it. He could see Ibuku's body tense as it reached past the natural limit, grasping at more greedily, until he refocused his efforts and concentrated on what he knew. Ambition was good, its what drove people to better themselves. However, focus was what would bring about that growth to change. Back to basics, and build upon that once it was second nature.

Ibuku lamented his own inability to control the genma just yet. A sense of shame washed over the boy before Fanho karate chopped him once more in the head, and blew a short mocking raspberry at the kid. "Don't compare yourself to finish line. Compare yourself to how you were yesterday. We're you able to sense through nature yesterday? We're you able to make a pillar the other day?" Fanho just kept bopping poor Ibuku in the head as he rattled off wise proverbs to make Ibuku understand failure and growth were one in the same. At least it sounded wise to Fanho at the time.

He halted his assault as he retreated his hands back to their domicile in his pants pockets. "There's no shame in growing. Your effort is enough. Its like all the plants in your house, do you think they're ashamed at starting as a wee little seedling? Or do you think they focus on growing into a blooming flower?" The Awai walked over towards the big tree he was resting on moments early as he reached up with his hand tracing some old gouging scratch scars embedded in the tree from years ago. That were still healing over from the incident, but certainly showed signs of vibrant growth despite the setback. "Even despite setbacks they continue to grow, so don't sweat it too much. Just persevere and forge on like this big ol' tree."

The Hokage listened as Ibuku spoke on about meeting Taiga. It seemed like the meeting he had arranged between the two went in a direction he hadn't anticipated. He'd figure some brotherly advice Taiga could give, but instead it came from Sukairaa, not so brotherly and a lot more... profanity laced advice. A genma seeing everyone as his enemy was certainly not new, but it was somewhat worrisome this was Sukairaa's perspective. He had no fear that Taiga didn't have Sukairaa in check, but more so Sukairaa would suggest such an idea to Ibuku, one it seemed at least Ibuku rejected the premise of.

The Hokage rubbed his chin as he quickly thought how to proceed and respond to Ibuku's question. It was filled with youth naivety and hopefulness. One Fanho wished to embrace, but in the world climate as it was he felt more reserved than he otherwise would be. Cynicism had started to peck away at his overly optimism, and made him more wary of the world. Ibuku had pure intentions, Taiga had pure intentions, Fanho had pure intentions, but those outside of the circle of trust? Whose to say Tatsuo who had disrespectfully treated Takeo on the battlefield would say to such a thing? Kiri's nature was blood and guts, whose to say they'd accept those ideals with open arms, and now Hayate scarred by battle would be even more skeptical than Fanho.

He nodded as he turned around to face Ibuku, he reached up taking off his glasses to give the kid his full attention. "I would like to change that too Ibuku. But some people I thought I could trust turned out the opposite." His thoughts turned to Zao, and how there on the sands he put the man to his eternal rest. However, what didn't feel his heart was anger, rage, or any other mounting emotion that made his blood boil. It was just pity at the situation. The desperation, the greed, and the wasteful usage of two lives in pursuit of some miracle cure. "So let's prepare you at least for that journey before you try to make it. There are some people in this world that aren't reasonable and those that just want more in this world that isn't theirs to take." His thoughts then turned to the recent Wind Country Invasion, the deaths of Takeo, disappearance of Zakuro, Noeru, and Yozei. A mounting tragedy that seemed to get worse with every passing day Fanho thought upon it.

"So bear with my overbearing protective nature until we get you there, alright? Then I'll be your number one fan in your quest." He gave a wink at Ibuku and a wide grin. He hadn't wanted to snuff all hope out of Ibuku, but at least introduce reality into it. Tamper expectations and assure his own growth before blanket supporting such a goal. Anything productive Fanho wanted to support, but for now he wanted Ibuku in a much better place, at least for what the world they lived in now was.
Last edited by Director on Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:58 pm

Ibuku listened to the words being spoken to him. In a way, he wanted to believe what was being said to him. It was Fanho's attempt to get him to see past the fact that he was slow when it came to learning. Each impact wasn't a lot of force but his head ducked down each time, the different thoughts that swirled in his head being given less time to plant seeds. When Fanho had stopped bonking Ibuku, he went to pause and follow after the Hokage, staring up at the large tree. There was a strange resonance to it, at least to Ibuku. Carefully he reached first and placed a palm onto the tree, an odd sensation rushing through him as if he had an idea, a strange epiphany, or if it was just nature allowing him to understand. "It's all connected..." He would mutter under his breath before he went to look back towards Fanho and continue to listen to him.

It was a strange thought to Ibuku, at least, the idea of preparing for the worst. That seemed to be what was being applied in this instance. The matter of the war and what surrounded it wasn't something fresh in Ibuku's mind but he felt it's aftermath of whatever had caused it. Like a world weariness that he was consistently exposed to. Plants felt tired, people weren't outwardly scared but they stayed inside more often than before, animals watched with a keener eye than before. "Lord Hokage... I wanted to ask something and I am sorry if it is fresh but... What was it like... The war, that is." There was a momentary pause as Ibuku debated whether that was the right thing to say but his resolve was hardened from what has been said to him earlier. "If I'm going to try to change anything, I need to know what the world is like first and I need to try to start now..."

As Ibuku was waiting to either hear more about the subject or be told a firm rejection, he was contemplating what he had heard. The previous Hokage had died, he feels he recalls it was the Tsuchikage of Iwa, along with a number of other shinobi either missing or dead. There wasn't much more information he could recall but he wanted more of an idea than he had now.
Last edited by FluffyGinja on Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:03 pm

Fanho breathed deep and sighed as he chewed on his lower lip pondering how to answer Ibuku's question. To be honest, Fanho wasn't present for the great war, or the Wind Country invasion that happened right after. Before that he was traveling the world gaining experience, after that he went to take Zao down, and then defend the village in the event of a two pronged assault. He simply wasn't present for it, and Taiga's words rang inside his head once more.

You didn't even know it happened, and you weren't here to get the village back. I'm glad you had a great time dining with fat cats and training with legends, and I'm sure your stories are interesting, but before you try to give me a motivational speech let me tell you about some stories...

The Hokage hid his thoughts behind a stone faced expression much different than his usual happy nurtured one. In truth those words embedded themselves somewhere deep inside. He felt as the Hokage he was the right man for the job, able to talk his way out of any situation, but being asked about it before hand. What it was like? When he wasn't even there? It only made those words from Taiga cut a bit deeper. Despite his happy-go-lucky attitude and good nature, he was still human, and humans doubted themselves.

"Hmph." A simple muttering under his breath as he focused back on the task at hand. Asked to recollect something he didn't even experience. "I can't tell you about the war cause I wasn't there. I was out traveling the world, gaining experience. While it raged on I was on some isolated corner of the world and missed it. But I'll tell you the story of Soul Country and Masami, the jinchuriki before you."

He stroked his chin as he looked out into the forest his face softening a bit into his more relaxed usual look. "Soul Country had a lot of doom and gloom over a single island. Kiri wanted the territory, a little island close to Kumo. Funny thing is, it isn't even good land. But they wanted it, and so if the big wigs say so, they do so. It was brutal, hand to hand combat, and little room to maneuver. We won it, but why did there even have to be a battle for it in the first place." Fanho reached up and scratched his head just thinking about the battle and how pointless it all was.

"Then Masami. She was killed by who we thought was a friend, an ally, but it ended up being fruitless. It didn't save his wife like he thought it would. He killed Masami and her husband, leaving their kid an orphan. For an unproven chance at pulling off a miracle. The world isn't pretty, even nature is brutal at times to people."

Fanho let Ibuku's words ring a bit in his ears as he finished explaining the dangers in the world. If I'm going to try to change anything, I need to know what the world is like first and I need to try to start now... He nodded as he let his words seep in before continuing on from his last point. "I told you all the bad, but I never explained the good. What we have, what we share with others, and what they share with us is worth fighting for. The close friendships we hold. The people we care for. The ideals of changing perceptions, ideals, beliefs, and grudges is something worth fighting for. Your heart's in the right place. I just need to build up your fighting skills so you can fight for it. Make sense?"

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:36 am

That was a surprise to Ibuku. One that brought a small amount of clarity to his mind. 'Not there... I'll have to ask someone else about it.' It wasn't like he faulted Fanho for simply not being around, he had no reason to and didn't see how he could. There was a lot to contemplate for the time being but Fanho was right. He was here to train after all and he might as well attempt to learn something more than what his spirit could do. Albeit, Fanho could help with that, he didn't want to fully rely on something he had no way of properly controlling yet. There was also the notion that he might not always be able to utilize it and Ibuku would prefer to be well rounded and able to take on a variety of threats with a variety of tools. "It... makes a lot of sense to me. Hokage-sama, for what it is worth, not everyone can be everywhere." He didn't really elaborate on that but a lot of Ibuku's upbringing was a reminder of that bitter fact.

"Well, to round out my combat ability, a little more basic Taijutsu or Genjutsu could assist. I've been learning more Ninjutsu and... I have an idea for what I could do with Shizen's ability. It has been changing a little more and... adjusting to what my body can do. It's very different from other Ninjutsu but it will be handy..." He was tapping at his own temple a little as he did his best to explain what he thought he needed. "I only know a little bit of Genjutsu and a small amount of strong fist style, enough to have helped me through school. If you know anything about either, that would help a lot." As Ibuku was speaking to Fanho, he was going to take a few steps to either side, pacing in a small back and forth. "I could also use more ninpou techniques, supplement what I can do with what is simple."

There was a slight shrug from him as he looked towards Fanho with an expression that showed his uncertainty and indecisive nature, not knowing where to even begin in actual training. Outside of what his spirit was capable of, he didn't want to always rely on it and he certainly didn't want to admit that he wasn't as certain as he was a moment ago, starting to realize more and more how dangerous this world was at its core.
Last edited by FluffyGinja on Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:26 am

Ibuku seemed to take everything in stride. Nodding along, all the negative, the bad, the good, the training, it was a lot to process for him. He was just given a super weapon inseparable from his body, given direct attention from some of the most notable people in the village, and was already developing life long goals for himself. To be fair the Hokage would be surprised if Ibuku had taken it any other way.

He nodded along with Ibuku's comments, even trying to reassure Fanho's own ego and conscious. He chuckled and shrugged, on the surface agreeing with Ibuku's comments as under his breath and buried in his brain he thought to himself, Heh, problem is I can be just about everywhere.

The Awai listened to Ibuku list off what he was interested in studying. Fanho twisted his body and stretched his legs and arms. He spread his arms wide as he took a wide legged stance leaning from one leg to the other stretching them out. He noted what he could help with, ninjutsu, genjutsu, and taijutsu. The holy trinity that made a shinobi.

"Well, for Genjutsu you better ask Taiga. I've got zero skills in that department." The air began to swelter with purple chakra becoming dense, different from fuuton it felt like a different presence all together. A presence that made everything feel heavier. The light darkening in the area crackling with unbelievable energy as purple chakra arced between the trees across the forest "But Ninjutsu and Taijutsu are some of my specialities."

"Maybe some nintaijutsu will be beneficial to you." As Fanho reached out with his hands and cracked his knuckles, the chakra sweltering in the air dissipated as he reined all the swirling chakra in. In a flash the world turned back to how it was before Fanho decided to show off.

The Hokage clapped his hands together as he flashed a big grin at Ibuku. "Well try this move on for size, it's a good nintai to get your feet wet." With a snap of the fingers some sandbags were placed a good 10 meters away from Fanho and Ibuku stacked on-top one another. By clapping his left hand on-top of his right hand Fanho reared his fist low and ready. His right fist swelled with purple chakra as he threw that right fist forward with his fist peeking at the maximum of his arms reach a purple ethereal fist also reached out slamming into the sandbags with such force it obliterated the target.

He began dusting his hands as he placed them on his hips. "Simple but effective. Makes your close quarters skills a solid medium range." With another snap of the fingers Fanho dropped a few more sandbags on-top of the graves of the last few. "First swell the chakra in your fist. Shroud it and then think of your fist as about fifteen meters longer than it really is. Then when you throw your punch just focus on releasing that sweltering chakra. Your opponent will think you're gonna blow something up and not mail them a punch from another zip code. Give it a try."
Jutsu UsedShow
Konoha Smash • Reaching
D-Rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver
By channeling chakra, when Fanho throws an attack he can extend the reach of his attack by 15 meters.
Last edited by Director on Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:38 pm

His eyes were watching Fanho the whole time, the Hokage a focal point to keep his mind from wandering further than before. The change in pressure in the air was easy to notice right away, the chakra being channeled and displayed making it a little more difficult to breath from the sheer amount of it. As he was listening to what was being explained to him, he was formulating a few ideas in his head about what to expand upon his own arsenal this whole time. What he was being shown and told was definitely a different application than he would normally think to try and he nodded his head once as he went to take a brief moment to get himself in a steady stance. This wasn't going to be too difficult, he thought to himself, as he was already starting to the process of channeling chakra through his whole body.

He was able to easily keep his breathing steady as he was adjusting the control of his chakra. All of the forest around them, ancient and everlasting as it was, was affecting how well he could access the chakra locked away inside of him. As he was building the chakra around his body, he was steadily funneling it towards his fist. With each passing moment, the amount of it grew and he could feel those reserves of chakra of his building to a steady climax. With a practiced precision, he began to channel that chakra towards his fist, starting with the shoulder and steadily working down his arms until the strange, winter colored chakra was surrounding his fists.

As he shot his fist forward in a quick punch, he saw the chakra extend a little further away from his fist but not much further than a foot away. He began to let his chakra flow more and decided to just throw a few more punches while altering the flow of the energy through his body. Each one had different results, some wildly far away, others barely an inch and with a vicious burst of chakra, but Ibuku was beginning to hone in on the technique and adjust the amounts for each of them, now changing to some crude kicks that he knew, working on allowing it to be his whole body instead of just one set of limbs and soon, without a lot of of effort, he was throwing similar punches with the extension similar to Fanho. He took a moment to pause and breathe a little bit, brushing some of the loose hairs from his face.

"Hokage-sama... I have an idea... may I try something while you are here?"
Jutsu TrainedShow
429/400

Konoha Smash • Reaching
D-Rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver
By channeling chakra, when Fanho throws an attack he can extend the reach of his attack by 15 meters.
Last edited by FluffyGinja on Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:41 am

Ibuku seemed to take to the lesson quickly. Grabbing the concept of manipulating chakra and releasing it to extend his moves. Giving him that reach when opponents seemed just out of range. Whether he used a weapon or not, it was quite the useful lower ranked move to catch someone off guard. He watched as Ibuku's chakra control started out a bit shaky, but with time and feeling he understood when to retract, when to push, and when to hold it to build up the perfect release. It was hard to describe this feeling to people when teaching Ninjutsu, instead opting to let others try it repeatedly so they can get a feel for it. For some it came much more naturally than others.

He had a few more up his sleeve he had intended to teach Ibuku, but the initiative instead came from the jinchuriki student before him. The Hokage inquisitively peeked over his glasses as he raised an eyebrow at Ibuku, his curiosity peaked at what new move or idea the boy had just cooked up. Fanho's hand firmly planted on his hips in a heroic stance as he gave a nod to Ibuku. "Shoot bud." A reaffirming grin to backup his words. He was interested to see what Ibuku was thinking. After all it seemed like clockwork for the next generation to surprise the older generation.
Last edited by Director on Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:38 pm

Steadying himself mentally, Ibuku strode over to the large tree they were near. Ancient, all-knowing, all-seeing, and a pillar of the forest around it. He placed one of his hands on it for a moment before he took a seat against it, closing his eyes as he made sure to take measure of his breathing, keeping it at the correct pace to meditate on what he wanted to attempt. It wasn't much at first, at least from what Fanho could see. Simple meditation. Maybe it was to help further his connection to the world itself and create something but it was difficult to tell at first since he couldn't exactly peer inside of Ibuku's head while he did this. The sounds that Ibuku could hear were beginning to fade away as he retreated inwards, seeking wisdom from the source of his power now as he had a feeling that he could grow stronger should he choose to tap into it. After all, he had heard about Taiga and the former host that he was alongside, that they could... change. Transform? It was just a rumour he had heard but he believed in it.

As the world fell silent around himself, he found himself once more in the void, floating above it all and watching how it all looked. A breathtaking sight, the hues of cerulean and verdant life before him in a way that forced him to take pause. Alongside him, his constant companion loomed over his shoulder. No words needed to be exchanged at this moment. There was just feelings. He understood Shizen in a way that was a little more personal, his care for the natural world without a hint of care for what was made by humans. Inside of Ibuku, he could feel that coldness of his own. He did his best to be kind to people but deep down... He hates people. People had taken his family away. People had brought fear to the world. People had caused all the problems. Maybe... Not all the people... Certainly not the Genma... Not the animals, the plants, the natural world...

'Secure the connection... Take on my power and understand it all...' It was both a voice and not. It was all-encompassing and omnipresent. Ibuku would look up at the spirit for a moment, staring at Shizen's featureless facade. Without a second thought, he reached out and drew in from the world he was staring down at it.

Outwardly, Fanho steadily began to see change in Ibuku. The amount of chakra in his body was steadily increasing and beginning to flow out of him, that arctic cold looking chakra surrounding him as the wood that his antlers was made of began to spread downwards. It grew over his face and down his arms, cracking and popping in a way that sounded like splintering trees but did not show any pain. It appeared to elongate around his head and take on the form of a skull, decrepit looking, almost that of a skeletal head of a deer while his arms were coated in the same wood, all the way down to his fingers that sharpened out. It wasn't like Shizen might have appeared to be, it was something different. It contained that same wood, but it almost felt as if Ibuku was dictating the form more than the spirit was.

Inwardly, Ibuku could feel himself growing in strength suddenly. He had begun to accept his place as the host of this spirit and simultaneously, he was trying to accept his feelings about people. He didn't want to admit it to himself, even if he knew it. Which only clashed further as he could hear something different in this void now. A scream. Primordial, more so than anything he had felt. It stung, it raged, it begged and it recoiled all at the same time. It made the hairs on Ibuku's neck raise. As if he was being viewed by a predator that he could not see... and was not strong enough to confront in this moment. Which forced Ibuku to halt his progress and his mind began to flood back to normal.

The sounds of the forest returned, the feeling of the air on his skin, the crisp air that tickled at his skin... and this new feeling. Newfound strength and understanding alongside a new way to better utilize what was given to him by the Genma spirit.
Last edited by FluffyGinja on Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:52 pm

The Hokage quietly stood a way away. Letting himself blend into the surrounding nature, Fanho used his experience with nature chakra to let himself sort of disappear into the surrounding area. He was no stranger to the same energies Ibuku was surrounding himself with, but what took months of learning and perfecting came natural to the genin. The somewhat docile and patient beast within was a bit more giving than the others it seemed. Taking a liking to him, and showing him a path. It was a brief pause, one that let the still of nature fill the empty air as birds chirped, and winds filled the still air. This moment of peace quickly turned into a swirling mass of power that shrouded the genin as his body began to take on a new form akin to that of the genma.

He was recognizable still, the young genin Fanho had spoke to before was clearly visible through the genma visage, but the wood deer appearance took over growing over his human appearance. Not devouring, but making him different than before. As if exploring some other personality of Ibuku that was within. Perhaps something he tried to hide within, but with another spirit residing beside your own there were no secrets between the two.

After another brief respite, silence filled the air as Fanho watched intently his gaze hidden behind his shades, and his thoughts further disguised behind his stone face as he watched. He remained quiet, ever so trying to blend into the background as much as he could to get Ibuku focus. He cocked an eyebrow as he silently lifted his feet gently placing them in the dirt paying attention to not drag his feet, not stomp, or to displace the dirt even. Carefully he stepped until he could get a real good look at Ibuku's first stage. So this was unlocking a form of the genma?

Admittedly the Hokage was not all too familiar with the Genma, when he arrived at the rank of Bannin the two jinchuriki at the time had all but conquered their forms. The only memory that resided with Fanho about their forms was the rampage of Mino in the Awai compound before Masami. Then with the ANBU shrouded Hokage Fanho helped quell him as a young fresh Specialist Jounin, but it was different now with a deeper understanding of chakra, the way the world worked, and what he could study about spirits and their formations.

In a hushed whisper Fanho muttered to himself, "Huh... Interesting."

The Awai cocked his head as he studied Ibuku's transformation. Just standing before the boy before he came out of his trance, taking in the surroundings once more, and seemingly having new sensations tingling throughout. Fanho would wait until Ibuku's gaze met his own. He hadn't wanted to interrupt the process and instead let Ibuku take the wheel. He trusted the boy, he wanted to give him a chance to make his own decisions, and let him interact with the genma. He'd provide guidance, be a mentor, but overbearing would be a burden that would only lessen the trust Ibuku and the spirit had towards Fanho. "Whole new world right? A new fantastic point of view?"
Last edited by Director on Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FluffyGinja

Post by FluffyGinja » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:01 pm

"It's... a lot louder... Like I can hear a lot of voices all at once... But that my own voice is... even louder than that?" Ibuku's normal quiet, almost raspy voice had a hint of the spirit's wizened tenor, one of his hands supporting him as he went to stand up. He was looking around the area and feeling the slight changes in his form. Everything around him felt more... in sync than before. He swore he could almost hear the breathing of plants around him, a genuine whisper in the wind, the soft hum that the world had... Music to his ears and the song of his soul. He was looking all over before a slight, ever so slight, smile caught his face for a brief moment as he went to breathe in the air.

He let his chakra flow freely around him and into the ground, across the air, through the trees and roots, this clear coating of winter coming from him. It was like a localized snow fall as he was steadily getting a feel for the new power that he was sensing within his body. As he stood there, he let his chakra centralize around him and downwards into the ground. He was carefully adjusting it's usage until he was able to get the right feeling. Several distinct spots, four in total, that he could grasp firmly with his unique brand of chakra before lifting them up out of the ground.

Fanho would be able to see these four heavy chunks of rock suddenly lift up around Ibuku, floating within the air around him. Ibuku seemed to be focusing on them and with one of his hands, he formed a firm fist, these chunks of rock beginning to shrink. Slight at first, as if he needed just a bit more power, before he reached out to one of the orbs of rock and tensed his hand with a little more firmness. There was a visceral crunching sound as these small orbs of rock compressed even further into tiny spheres that looked nice bigger than an orange. Each one looking a strange tinge of red, as if they were heating up within their core and he was looking them over as they floated around him in a small ring like circle.

He went to quickly do a few signs and bring forth a few clones of himself before backing up and flinging forth one of these small meteors with a single seal. It seemed to go straight towards the target, not deviating all that much and upon impact, the stones burst open and let a heavy chunk of molten rock impact across the target, sizzling and bubbling away for a few moments before hardening back to the same sort of rock it came from. There was a nod of his head as he fired off the last ones, letting them do the same before he looked towards Fanho, having forgotten he was there for a moment and without realizing just how... otherworldly he might seem in this moment. "It's... a lot more than before... it isn't like... lava but it is similar... This all feels so... different and... it feels like only the first step... Didnt you grow up with Taiga... Did he... have the same sort of feeling? I should ask him..."

Director
Hokage
Hokage

Post by Director » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:16 pm

Fanho bobbed his head from side to side as he took a brief second to think to himself. He nodded confirming Ibuku's suspicion. "I think all Jinchuriki's feel that way. It starts out with baby steps and grows from there. I mean in all fairness everyone feels that way too. Its natural as you come to understand your own strength in the world, your feelings you feel like you take baby steps as you grow. New sensations, new feelings, new ideals to contend with."

The Awai walked towards the target as he knelt down and observed the lava and volcanic rock before him. Much akin to Youton but not exactly. He grabbed a stick as he stuck it in the lava as it quickly caught fire on that end. "By all means, seek him out for an authority on the genma. He's a good man. Even if he's a little rough getting his point across." The Hokage flashed a smile back at Ibuku. The Hokage looked as if a kid playing in sandbox with a stick in his hand crouched down next to the lava rapidly cooling. "But certainly remember in all this, you're still a teenager. There's not just the genma to master, but you're a growing boy. You may not feel this way, but I want to make sure its clear. You don't have to have this all figured out or rush this. You've got years to figure it out, even us adults certainly don't have it all pieced together."

The Awai lifted the rock as he blew lightly on it hastening the cooling process as the rock solidifed around the stick. With a firm grasp of his other hand he snuffed out the flame as he made what could be considered modern art, a stick with volcanic rock at the end. The Awai walked back towards Ibuku as he placed his hand on the wooden deer skull that engulfed Ibuku's head. Wherever his hair was, Fanho just pretended to ruffle that spot like a parent would. "Enjoy your time, live it up. Make friends. Make mistakes. I know I've given you a lot of responsibility you never asked for, but you've got people to share it with. Don't ever feel like its only your burden to bear. That's what us adults are here for." The Awai chuckled as he held out the stick for Ibuku to take, a reminder of his new found talents and conquering of the first form.

"You're on your way to greatness. Just remember us little people when you're at the top alright?"

Guardianship didn't come easy. Fanho really was left on his own with his siblings and he seemed to turn out fine. He had brief moments in the back of his mind if he knew what he was doing. He knew Taiga's frustration with Takeo, feeling left out and ignored as the Earth Jinchuriki. Fanho hadn't want to give Ibuku that same impression. Make him feel like he was just some vessel. While he wanted to trust the boy and give him a sense of independence. He also needed to give him some kind of role model. In a cosmic way, while Fanho acted like 'good cop', Taiga fulfilled his role as 'bad cop'. In reality neither were a foil to the other, they both worked for Ibuku's best interest despite their differing methods. Perhaps the balance would be good for Ibuku, only time would tell as they watched the Genin grow into his own person.

As he was now, a malleable ball of teenage hormones, maturity, and nuclear armed individual. It was certainly a task that the two had took up. However, it was a task well worth the time and effort.
Last edited by Director on Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”