The Southern Konoha Teahouse

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:43 am

The Southern Konoha Teahouse.
A new Tea house opened on the southside of Konohagakure no Sato. It was sometimes a miracle in certain parts of town that anything ‘new’ could even be built considering the incredible lack of real estate. Konoha was a city that wasn’t lacking for room but there was one glaring fact - the village was contained in walls. This meant that expanding had to be done creatively. So here on the south side of Konoha there was a district that was hyper dense, which made little hole in the wall Tea Houses like this which were in a residential area difficult to find. Hole in the wall was an apt description, because aside from having to navigate a maze of alleys the entrance to this little quaint tea house was also in an alleyway. It was a place that was often overlooked because of the dark and brooding atmosphere, but there were some people who weren’t scared of the dark.People like Nakano. For her, she considered the trek to this place a part of the experience. She couldn’t help but be attracted to dark and dangerous places and dark and dangerous people.Yes the alleys here were unclean and full of shuffling homeless, ruffians, and all the other outcasts of society.

The inside of the Teahouse did not very much match its outside. It was clean, and it clearly had some effort into the furniture and decorations. It was all Locally sourced, meaning that everything was made by locals of Konoha - the art, the furniture - everything. Still, it was a small place almost more akin to a hallway than a tea house. On one side of the narrow hall were booths that could sit about four people per booth. On the opposite side was a counter with bar stools, and behind the counter were shelves of tea and the tools to make it. It was an offensive blend of traditional and modern - just like how Nakano liked things. The Teahouse even sported a little stage, although calling it a stage was somewhat generous as it was more like a square the size of a shipping palette. It had carpet on it though to give it some regality as if it was more noble than a simple wooden frame covered in carpet to hide its imperfections.

Why did a place like this have a stage? The reason was simple - the owner of this little abomination enjoyed Poetry and would host Poetry nights, where guests would be invited to share their own poetry and stand on the stage and be given. The whole of it was irresistible to Nakano, and so she had decided to attend having created some poetry of her own. She had invited Takeshi to come with her. She liked being in the company of dangerous men, especially men as considerate a lover as Takeshi was. A place like this was no doubt a foreign land to a noble Hyuuga… but it was at the same time as close as one could really get to seeing into the mind of Nakano without having the abilities of a Yamanaka.

So Nakano waited at the entrance of this quaint little Tea house. She wore something a little special for the occasion; a little black dress that was tight on her body. It had a low cut to show off her ample bosom and sheer fabric for sleeves and the back. She came with stockings and heels as well along with a smart looking clutch (no pockets after all) where she had the poems she had wrote herself. She had her makeup on as well. If someone said Nakano didn’t wear make up - they would be mislead. She always wore makeup, just normally she tried to go for a charming natural look. Tonight she was dolled up. Red lips like scarlet and eyeliner to kill. She had stopped dying her hair so the roots of her hair were blonde as her natural hair color had begun to grow out

She hoped Takeshi would find this place, and she hoped that he wouldn’t get scared away. Did she actually have feelings for him? What Nakano felt wasn’t anything like how people described love or romance. She couldn’t put her finger on it, but she wanted Takeshi to see her. She wanted to tease him, and see his reactions. She also liked how Dangerous Takeshi was. Those dangerous hands had held her close once, and she was filled with… anticipation… that they would again.

”Welcome to the dark and oft-forgotten side of Konoha. I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay. I hope I didn't surprise you too much, but its poetry night here.”
Last edited by HotelBravo on Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drak

Post by Drak » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:03 pm

Slightly earlier that day…

As soon as he walked through the doors of his room, Akito removed his sweat-soaked gi and tossed it to the floor. As he entered his bathroom, he took his hair down from the topknot that he usually kept it in. After all of the kata he had been practicing, a shower would do him some good. He had plans to visit a new tea house that had opened, and it wouldn’t do to show up in his current state. When he emerged, he donned a yukata with a pattern of alternating indigo and white triangles and a pair of wooden geta. He left his hair down to dry. Grabbing the book he had been reading from his low reading desk, he went out the door.

The Southern Konoha Teahouse was in a less savory part of town. Still, Akito walked with confidence. Even were it not for his white eyes that marked him as a shinobi of the Hyuuga family he would cut an imposing figure. Akito was already a tall, broad man, and his geta made him appear even taller. His choice of garment revealed a hint of his well-muscled chest, and a glance at his face made it clear that he was not at all unfamiliar with violence. Akito had a fine, delicate face, but one that was punctuated by several small scars, a slightly crooked nose, and hints of cauliflower ear.

He rarely came to this area of town, which made pathfinding annoying but not truly challenging. After ducking through a narrow alley, Akito saw the sign for the establishment and went inside. The proprietor informed him that it was poetry night.

It seems I’ve come unprepared, Akito thought as he surveyed the interior. Maybe I can come up with something, or just recite a classic. He spotted an empty seat near the bar and began walking towards it. As he moved towards the bar, Akito spied someone in the corner of his vision. He turned and saw a pretty, young woman standing there. He let his eyes linger on her for a moment.

It took Akito a moment to recognize her. He had only ever seen her in uniform and with far less make-up than she had now.

Wait... that's Nakano! What is she doing here? I wonder if she'll recognize me out of context.

Akito paused for a moment, then turned and walked over to where she was standing.

“Nakano?”
Last edited by Drak on Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akito HyuugaKonohaJounin#008080

Jirou Kisama
Heart EmpireAkibushi#BF4000

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:10 pm

Takeshi’s life had certainly taken a dark turn as of late. Nearly everyone he cared about had been killed or permanently scarred from the conflicts in Wind country. He had distanced himself from most, grown cold and focused as he processed his own grief. It was rare to allow himself moments of happiness and he had nearly declined the invitation to go out with Nakano. But there was something about her that fascinated him, a dark allure that spoke to understanding. She wasn’t like most women. Perhaps he should have kept things professional now that she had been inducted into the ROOT program, but he realized that he simply didn’t have it in him to care about protocol when it came to her.

And so, he relented. A night out wouldn’t hurt him, especially in the seedier part of town where he didn’t have to pretend to be the prim and proper Hyuuga his relatives demanded of him. It had always been a façade and he was growing tired of maintaining the ruse. Dressed in black pants, a tight royal purple shirt and a silver haori adorned with the likeness of hawks he set out into the night. His hair was tied back into a ponytail, the sides shaved defiantly against the clan’s expectation of a formal appearance. On the middle finger of his left hand, he wore a ring that seemed to hum with ancient allure and power. Its black steel was engraved with runes of a long-dead civilization and in the center lay a striking blood-red jewel, a ruby or perhaps a garnet or even a red diamond. It was hard to say for certain and truthfully, he couldn’t care less for he had no intention of ever selling the priceless heirloom.

He felt on edge without his sword at his side, he had hardly parted from the blade over the last few weeks, even sleeping with it in his grasp. His command of the weapon had nearly reached perfection and he felt it tugging at his soul even now. But the ring sated him somewhat. Moving through the dark streets with confident grace he felt completely in control of his surroundings. He knew the alleys of Konoha intimately and often ventured into abandoned buildings and seedy bars and shops. Many were access points for the vast network of tunnels that secretly existed beneath the village. As a child he would never dream of venturing into such areas alone but now he felt more comfortable alone in the darkness than in a bright room full of people.

While he had never been to this particular tea house before he was familiar with the area and was able to find it without much trouble. Approaching, he observed Nakano waiting for him, looking stunning as ever. His pulse quickened at the sight of her, and his body yearned to hold her close once more. It had been over a month since the Iron Banner festival, though it felt much longer. Too long. He smirked at her introduction. “I welcome your surprises Nakano. I would never have guessed you were interested in poetry. You really are more than meets the eye. Beautiful as ever by the way” he said, reaching out to gingerly touch her hair. “Trying a new style?” he wondered, though upon closer inspection he realized that the blonde wasn’t dyed but rather her natural colour coming through. She certainly was full of surprises, he had no suspicion that she was actually a natural blonde. Taking her hand he led her inside, opening the door for her before moving swiftly toward the bar to get them some drinks. “What’ll you have? I’ll grab you something. See if you can find us a seat” he said, realizing how crowded the small space was. As he was getting the drinks and she branched off he noticed another man approach her, someone he recognized as a fellow Hyuuga. For the moment he would simply observe while sizing the man up and assessing the situation.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:32 am

Just moments before Akito approached Nakano.

”Poetry is a way to bare the soul, and I’d like you to look at me.” She paused and a wry smile crossed her face as she posed for Takeshil, ”Even the parts of me you can’t see with those pretty Hyuuga eyes.” she replied. She let him reach out and touch her hair. She like Takeshi’s touch, as likely to snap her neck as gently run through her silky strands. It excited her. ”I just haven’t cut it. My natural color is growing back in. Do you like Blonde’s Takeshi? Or is some other color your favorite?” The thought didn’t even need to cross her mind. She knew that if he said anything she would go dye her hair that color as soon as she could. ”I was recently told by my Mother that I’m actually a Yamanaka. The Clan even agreed to teach me some of their techniques. Would it scare you if I said I want to see if your mind is as beautiful as your body?” She reached out with a hand and touched his chin.

”I don’t really know much about Tea - perhaps you could pick something for me?.” She replied to his offer for drinks.That was a lie, she knew plenty about tea - and the smug look on her face made it plain. She was tempting him. What would Takeshi do with her drink? Would he put something in it? Maybe he wouldn’t. But the thought stirred something in her logical mind. She could feel her mind pressing against the seal that had been placed in it. What was pressing against the seal? The truth is that thoughts that did press against the seal were unknowable to her. She didn’t even know that she had thought such thoughts but she could feel it. Like pressing against a scar or a burn wound. Nakano realized that a part of her was hidden away even from herself, and that she didn’t know whether that was a good thing or a bad thing. The seal had been set in a manner that her mind was manipulated to NOT want to even try breaking it, and it was convenient because she hadn’t even considered. The Yamanaka clan as a whole may not have been aware of Nakano’s proclivities, but unbeknownst them that training her in those mental arts meant giving her the power to break the seal and blocks on her mind. If Takeshi asked she’d break the seal.

She didn’t know what was hidden under that seal, but given the nature of her other thoughts it honestly made the logical mind pause for a moment and honestly wonder ’What is wrong with me?’ She barely felt anything but the darkest of emotions, she couldn’t remember what monster was hidden under there. Would it be beautiful as well? A new wave of apathy the seal produced a burning sensation. No she didn’t even want to touch it. But maybe if Takeshi asked…but he didn’t know about the seal, and so he never would, but it didn’t matter. She didn’t care enough to try.

She blatantly admired Takeshi’s form as he walked away.

Standing now in the Teashop alone.

She looked at the cramped space. Given the locale and the venue, the place wasn’t incredibly populated, but it didn’t take many people to fill up all the seats. There was one booth that seemed unoccupied, and she was about to make her way over when a voice caught her attention. She paused mid step and turned to who had spoken her name. It was Hyuuga Akito. He had been the lead on a mission she had gone on. It had honestly been out of her league, she couldn’t really say how much assistance she had been on the mission. Akito was a full foot taller than her, and he was heavier than Takeshi. His hair was allowed to be loose today which naturally drew the eyes to that broad chest. Nakano admired that chest. He approached and Nakano put on a charming smile.

”I don’t know what the secret is, but the Hyuuga really know how to make them. Why do all of you Hyuuga have to be so damn pretty?” Nakano shook her head. ”I wasn’t expecting to see you here Hyuuga-san, are you a fan of poetry as well? Or perhaps the tea? You’re not dressed for a mission but your looks could kill alone. Its honestly a shame, I’d gobble you up if you weren’t off limits.” The seal was burning in her mind. She could only wonder what unthunk thoughts had been trapped there hidden. Ah, but the apathy was greater than her curiosity. While Nakano wasn’t opposed to women, she had to be open minded after all in her line of work, MEN just did something for her. The way their muscles were sculpted and there figure. Strong bones and jawline. The hard angles on their bodies.She wanted to touch that body that looked like someone made a man from chiseled stone. Nakano Examined Akito shamelessly like she was looking at a piece of fine art work. She walked in a circle about him to get a better look at his assets. She could appreciate it all the more. They weren’t currently on a mission, so she was allowed to look at least. ”But I approve.”

It was a small venue, so with a glance she could see that Takeshi was watching. Impassive. Curious even. Tease him a little? She gave him a mischievous look, like a fox that was eyeing the hen house. She turned back to Akito and pressed herself against him. She knew what women did for men. The idea of Takeshi and Akito fighting over her - now that was a thought she was really enjoying. She kept an eye on Takeshi out of the corner of her eyes. ”Why don’t you get some tea and sit down with us Hyuuga-san. I’m sure I’ve got some poetry you might like.” She reached around and grabbed at Akito’s rear to give it a hearty squeeze.

She appreciated Akito’s body the way only a woman could appreciate the men of the Hyuuga.

She didn’t even care about the consequences. Perhaps he didn’t like to be touched. Perhaps he’d kill her. Takeshi and him Arguing over her corpse? In a weird way she thought it would be beautiful. The seal in her mind was burning again. ’If these are the kind of thoughts that are allowed by the seal…’ she considered, ’What are the thoughts on the other side?’ A strong wave of apathy came over her and washed away the curiosity again, along with the thoughts of two pretty men fighting over her. She moved out of Akito’s personal space.

”Over here.” She invited, moving to the empty booth.

It didn’t have a very good view of the stage - which was likely why it had gone unclaimed still, but that didn’t matter in her opinion. Good poetry didn’t need you to look at the presenter after all. She sat down and scooted over to make room for one of the men. Who would sit next to her and who would sit across? She would let them decide amongst themselves.

Had she made Takeshi jealous? She hoped she had. She sensed that there was a darkness in him that wasn’t there before and it really attracted her. She could see it in his facial expressions and the way he moved. He carried something on his shoulders. She knew she was playing a dangerous game with him but that was what excited her. She wanted to peel everything back and look at it. IF he was jealous that meant that Takeshi didn’t want to share her, and that possessiveness was attractive to Nakano.

But Maybe dancing between two Hyuuga would be more than she could handle. We'll see., she thought. the seal was burning in her mind. A wave of apathy.
Last edited by HotelBravo on Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drak

Post by Drak » Wed Jan 24, 2024 6:32 pm

Quote:
”I don’t know what the secret is, but the Hyuuga really know how to make them. Why do all of you Hyuuga have to be so damn pretty?” Nakano shook her head. ”I wasn’t expecting to see you here Hyuuga-san, are you a fan of poetry as well? Or perhaps the tea? You’re not dressed for a mission but your looks could kill alone. Its honestly a shame, I’d gobble you up if you weren’t off limits.”
“I… um, thank you,” Akito stammered, not embarrassed, exactly; more confused. He had gone into this conversation with no real expectations, but Nakano’s response had already long broken free of whatever rails he had thought the conversation would follow. The only question now was how it would land.

“I came for the tea. The poetry is just a nice surprise, although it…seems like I came… unprepared…” Akito trailed off. Nakano was walking around him, looking him up and down. This was far and above the kind or the intensity of female attention that he was used to. Akito kept an eye on her, turning his neck as she circled him. She’s very pretty, he thought. But a little young. And... untraditional. Not to mention a poor match in the eyes of the clan.

When Nakano got far enough around that he couldn’t follow her by turning his neck alone, he whipped his body around to regard her over the opposite shoulder. It was then that he saw someone staring at them.

He recognized the man as Takeshi Hyuuga. They were kin of some degree, but had never been especially close. Akito was five or six years older, so Takeshi had been a toddler when Akito and his parents returned to the Hyuuga estate, and Akito was already a genin when Takeshi started his academy training. Takeshi was also a half-breed like he was.

Perhaps we might find some common ground over that, Akito thought. Although I would guess that growing up the son of the Hokage and a Hyuuga mother is quite different from being the son of a Hyuuga father and mother from a minor family. Akito studied the man another moment. Or perhaps we won’t. There’s something unpleasant about the way he’s looking at me after all. Suddenly, I’ve got a bad feeling about this whole situation.

Akito was shaken from his reverie when Nakano pushed herself against him. He looked down at Nakano just in time to see her grab at him; he swatted her hand away lightly in such a way that could be mistaken for an accident -- a casual movement of his arm. She was glancing over at Takeshi. Akito knew he was being put in an uncomfortable situation, but wasn’t quite sure of why until Nakano’s next words.
Quote:
”Why don’t you get some tea and sit down with us Hyuuga-san. I’m sure I’ve got some poetry you might like.”
‘Sit down with us.’ ‘Us.’ Suddenly, Akito had a better idea of what was happening. His working hypothesis was that the two of them were there together and that Nakano was using him as a pawn to get at Takeshi for something. Or possibly get back at him for something. Akito felt like a pawn forked between two other pieces. Still, there was a way out of this. There was always a tactic.
Quote:
”Over here.” She invited, moving to the empty booth.
I could just leave, Akito thought. But how would that look? No, I should proceed with my evening here; running now would look damn foolish. I can always just sit elsewhere. Furthermore, I should talk to Takeshi; see if I can get gauge his mood. I'll need to order something regardless of where I sit, and doing so will bring me right up to him...

Akito raised a hand towards Nanako in acknowledgement. “I will order myself something. Looking forward to hearing what you have to read!” He turned and walked over to the counter where Takeshi was standing.

“Good evening Takeshi-san,” Akito said with a slight bow. When he came up, he had a calm smile on his face. "We have met before I am sure, but it must have been a while.”

Akito turned slightly towards the counter to see the offerings, crossing his hands and leaning his forearms on the table. He scanned over the many jars of tea to see if anything caught his fancy. This position also had the benefit of hiding his face from Nakano.

Quieter this time, he followed up with “And if I may be so bold: what on God’s green earth have I stumbled into the middle of?”

Akito offered up a small prayer: Let this greeting be accepted less oddly than the last.
Last edited by Drak on Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:40 pm

“I’d like to see you” the young man replied as his deadly fingers trailed from her hair to cup her chin. His gaze fixed on her lips, and then her eyes. Their dark allure captivated him. So much of her remained hidden to him, and he found himself desperate to know her entirely. Being in Nakano’s proximity was electric, his senses were heightened, and his heart raced. He didn’t suspect the depth of her darkness, but he was compelled to reach it all the same.
Quote:
“Do you like Blonde’s Takeshi? Or is some other color your favorite?”

“I do. In fact, I’d say blonde is my preference. But not too long. Not much more than shoulder length” he decided as he envisioned the new look on her. His fantasies would adapt accordingly. His brow raised, head tilted slightly as she revealed a hidden lineage. He had managed to refrain from looking through her file despite seeing her name added to the Anbu roster. She intrigued him but he wanted to discover her secrets on his own, but now he wondered just what else her file might reveal. Anbu’s screening for new recruits tended to be quite thorough. Often days of monitoring and detailed notetaking. It was unfortunate he had been on bereavement leave at the time. He could think of no better assignment than keeping watch over her. He wondered how long it would be until they met in uniform, and she learned of his double life. ROOT members were rarely privy to the identity of squad captain’s, but he was willing to bet she would recognize him even behind a cloak and mask.

“A Yamanaka? Well, aren’t you full of surprises” he huffed in amusement, smirking. “The clan elders would hate to see us together” he considered, recalling the family feud between the clans that spanned back to the days of Konoha’s founding. “But some things are more important than the opinions of entitled old men” he said defiantly. His hand moved toward the nape of her neck, tracing light patterns against her skin before grasping her more firmly as she touched his chin. He inhaled sharply and moved half a step closer. “It would only be fair I suppose. We could see each other completely. The darkest parts we try to hide. One day” he promised, smiling softly at the prospect. If she were willing to let him in, he would do the same. But not tonight. There was still time yet to grow to know one another through conventional means.

He nodded slowly, maintaining eye contact as he released his grasp on her. “I’ll see what I can do” he said with a dip of his head and a graceful turn as he moved swiftly with a slight spring in his step. It had been a good idea, coming here, being with Nakano. He needed this. As he approached the counter he scanned the extensive menu. Many options he recognized, fortunately, his mother was something of a tea connoisseur and he had grown up trying all manner of expensive and rare imports as well as more common strains. Truthfully his home was likely equally well stocked and with even more exclusive blends. Perhaps he would have Nakano over some day, but then he had been thinking about getting a place of his own. But he couldn’t quite bring himself to leave his mother and his sisters in such a time of mourning.

As he considered options, the young man found himself observing his partner of sorts. Naturally, there was already another man quick on approach. She had a way of attracting such attention and even actively seeking it out. He had known this before, but it had never bothered him as strongly as it did now. Despite telling himself their arrangement would be purely physical, he couldn’t help himself from forming an emotional attachment. He wanted more with her but was afraid to ask about anything official or exclusive. It seemed contrary to who she was as a person and selfish of him to expect her to change for him. After all, they had only spent the one night together, and a handful of other occasions before that as friends.

His brow narrowed as he caught the glint in Nakano’s eye. She was enjoying this, she wanted him to be jealous. Was she testing him? Perhaps. Takeshi leaned back against the counter and made his order, settling on a Sencha Fukamushi for himself and a Gyokuro for Nakano. It felt the most fitting for her, grown in more darkness than any other variety and yet full of sweet umami flavor. The Sencha on the other hand was consistent, deeply steamed and balanced in flavor. He would demonstrate restraint and control, but mentally he was sizing up the man and dismantling him piece by piece. He was powerful, a Jounin certainly and skilled in close-quarters fighting like most Hyuuga. But there were many ways to break down such an opponent and Takeshi was undaunted by challenge. He was certain he would be the victor if they were to come to blows, so long as he kept a level head. Fortunately, it seemed it wouldn’t have to come to that. He observed the way the broad Hyuuga became flustered and dismissed her advances. By his body language it was clear he wasn’t a current or former lover at least.

Takeshi turned back to the server as the man approached, paying for the drinks and thanking the server politely as the two cups of tea were poured. He glanced toward the man as he spoke his name, though unfortunately, the recognition was not mutual. Despite both being members of the extensive branch family, Takeshi’s involvement with other Hyuuga was minimal. He had never lived in the compound, instead residing in a large home in the Northwestern region on a large plot of land between the Inuzuka and the Nara districts. He trained with his uncles from the main family twice a week, but was discouraged from lingering too long. Likely they had briefly mingled at the rare family ceremonies that Takeshi was invited to or seen one another in passing on his way to lessons, but there was not enough familiarity to recall a name. “Forgive me, it’s been quite some time. Your name is?” he began cautiously. It was easy to slip back into formality when approached by a clan member who was both older and likely higher ranked. But there was still an unmistakable tension, a tightness of his lips and an assessing gaze.
Quote:
Quieter this time, he followed up with “And if I may be so bold: what on God’s green earth have I stumbled into the middle of?”
Takeshi chuckled lightly, suddenly put at ease by the candidness. “You seem to know Nakano, but perhaps not too well. You’ll get used to it. But keep your hands to yourself” he warned leaning closer and slapping the man on the shoulder in a friendly gesture. But there was weight to the strike, more power than one might expect from Takeshi’s lean frame (25 Strength). “I recommend the Sencha” he said, calmly retrieving the two cups he had ordered before making his way toward Nakano’s booth. His eyes met hers as he approached, territorial but confident. He didn’t mind the idea of keeping her on a tighter leash and fighting off other potential suitors. Slipping into the spot next to her he gracefully placed the cups on the table. “For you, my dear let me know what you think” he said with a slight bite to his tone. His gaze returned to the man who he now knew as Akito. “I see you like to make friends. I hope you’re not under the impression I like to share” he stated firmly, while waving the man over. But that didn’t mean he couldn’t be polite and entertain the idea of playing into whatever game Nakano was trying at. Regardless, he was curious to learn more about this Akito and better assess whether or not he was a threat or even a potential new training partner.
Last edited by Izanagi on Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Fri Jan 26, 2024 10:45 am

Nakano narrowed her eyes in suspicion as she regarded Akito’s smile, as he deflected by deciding to get something for himself to order. She had a gift for making people uncomfortable, but Jonin’s were practiced in hiding their outward expression. Was he lying through that beautiful smile? It wasn’t possible for her to tell. The Deflection was still a deflection though. She’d let him go as she found her seat and watched him approach the counter near where Takeshi was. Much to her disappointment he decided to turn towards the counter so she couldn’t read his expression. Takeshi had also turned back to the server as well, how banal. If there would be an exchange they intended that she not be privy to it. She had her clutch on her lap, to which she opened and looked at the folded hidden pages of the poetry she had written waiting inside the dark. Perhaps she should write a new poem while she waited? She pulled out page of her original poem and turned it over to its back and a pen.

I wonder what conversations two pretty men have in the dark
Do they cooperate like men have and do?
Like men who founded nations and culture
Like men who build and nurture

Or do they holler and bark
Like beasts come unglue
Like men who wandered and lived in caves
Like men who kill and fight to graves

She looked up, feeling the movement in the room and locked eyes with Takeshi. She examined his face for any clue as to what the conversation had been about, but he didn’t seem bothered, or sufficiently teased to her taste. Takeshi slipped to the spot next to her, and she looked up from her work and coyly hid it back in the clutch and put the pen away. The cups placed on the table. Takeshi perhaps intentionally let his words drip with some sharpness as he placed emphasis on some of his words. Emphasis on ‘my’. It didn’t go unnoticed by Nakano.She followed his gaze back to Akito. ”Now Takeshi, I didn’t think you were the type. You’d really not share the Hyuuga men with me? Unless…? ” Nakano put on a faux posture of being hurt, but the act was quickly dropped. As she shifted and leaned into Takeshi.

”Perhaps you meant something…else?” She knew he had meant something else, but she wanted him to be more direct. She liked this aggressive Takeshi. The territory marking male. It appealed to her base woman. He was strong too, and as a Hyuuga was politically relevant. It helped that he was a good lover as well, very considerate even. She looked at him intensely waiting… waiting… would he stake his claim? Be bold. Or would he prove a coward? Could she take him seriously or was he too timid?

She liked men, she really liked men. They were beautiful creatures, a blessing from the kami upon this poor world. Sculpted muscle and sinew. Those fatherly instincts, to nurture and protect - and they were hard with that sharp side. Thats what she liked about men. They were dangerous, and Nakano liked Dangerous things, especially when they had the choice whether to be dangerous or not. Women could certainly be dangerous as well, and Nakano did like women, but it was just a natural fact that they built muscle in different ways - and the ways that men did were /very/ appealing to her.

If Takeshi didn’t say anything the moment would lapse, as a speaker stepped onto the stage and addressed the room. ”Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you all for coming here tonight. Before we start I will be setting some ground rules.Each poem must be of the poets own creation. You have 3 minutes to share your poems. Staff will ring the bell when your time is up. We expect no heckling If you must have a conversation during the set please keep your voices low so the audience can hear the Poet. This is open stage format, that means one performer on the stage at a time. When the stage is empty you may step onto the stage and your time will begin. Please do continue as well to enjoy the tea and atmosphere - again we thank you for coming to the Southern Teahouse tonight. With that, I leave the stage open.”

The speaker, who was one of the servers from behind the counter stepped down off the stage and returned to his post behind the counter. Nakano picked up cup of tea/ ”It would be a shame if this was poisoned or spiked.” She spoke in a low voice before taking a ladylike sip leaving the stain of her lips on the rim of the cup. ”Hm? Pity.” She wore a surprise expression as if she had expected to be poisoned and was disappointed she hadn’t been. ”Well, then I suppose I will get this night started.” She deliberately slid across Takeshi’s lap to escape her seat on the booth and gave him a coy look before taking to the stand.

fighting in battles can indeed at times be beautiful
Who can put a price on a man’s life?
Do his deeds give one man more value than another?
His wealth?
All men are equals before the blade.

Fight, struggle, survive
The beautiful conflict of mankind
A conflict where both winner and loser
Are equal and without limit in their value
Priceless

A brief blaze of fury
physicality at its peak
The emotions of those who fight
They are beautiful
For whom do they fight

And so when a soul is lost
Something priceless is lost
The world will never be the same
Changed forever

Like all beauty
conflict burns bright
And fades with time
Only remembered
Only held for a brief moment

In the eye of the beholder

Nakano stepped down from the stage and returned to the booth, looking to see if Takeshi would scoot over again, or if he was inviting her squeeze past him to get back into her spot. She was more then fine with either way.

Drak

Post by Drak » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:57 pm

Quote:
“Forgive me, it’s been quite some time. Your name is?”
“Apologies,” Akito said with a small chuckle. “Where are my manners?” He stood up straighter and turned his shoulders to face him . “My name is Akito. Hyuuga, but you knew that already. It seems like I have fallen into the trap wherein older relatives assume younger ones remember meeting them as a child. I swore I never would, and yet here we are.”
Quote:
"You seem to know Nakano, but perhaps not too well. You’ll get used to it. But keep your hands to yourself” he warned leaning closer and slapping the man on the shoulder in a friendly gesture.
“Or what?” was what Akito wanted to say. It was a knee-jerk response to Takeshi’s poorly-hidden threat.

But what then? What goal would I achieve thereby? What end would responding in kind serve? All that would do is start a fight. I suspect my Jyuuken is more advanced than his, but I don’t know what else he has up his sleeve. Additionally, I would have to act non-lethally to avoid escalating things, but he might ot have the same compunctions if he feels that I’m encroaching on his lover. In that case I should focus on strikes to the joints of the arms to lame them and open him up to techniques outside of the Jyuuken arsenal – perhaps a shoulder lock into… Akito shook himself out of battle planning mode. Again though, for what? What could I possibly gain here by fighting? A smile from a pretty girl? A more carnal reward? After reading her file that is the last thing I want. Hmm… instead a better response would be…

“Easy there cousin, I wasn’t planning on it,” he said, his voice friendly overall, but with a acrid tinge around the edges. “The use of hands should always be a last resort.”

Akito turned back to the counter just as one of the proprietors came out with a fresh wok full of toasted rice. His eyes brightened. “A small pot of the genmaicha please,” Akito said to the woman at the counter; he wanted a relaxing tea, all the better for keeping a level head. “And three pieces of the persimmon yokan.” A little snack, and an effective peace offering.

While Akito waited, he remembered the weight of the book he had brought with him. It was a book of shogi puzzles. A nice reminder of how to approach this situation. He pondered while his order was being prepared.

Forked between two pieces indeed. Which means that this has become a question of strategy, not tactics. As… unpleasant as it was to back down in the face of Takeshi’s threat, that was the right call. Sacrificing a small piece – some minor pain – for larger gain later; that’s what I just did.

Akito saw that he was being waved over to the table with Nakano and Takeshi.

Hmm, Takeshi is seemingly friendly here, but nonetheless he clearly feels threatened and is therefore threatening. Right now we are in equilibrium. Further interaction will be a repeated game of social back-and-forth, however Takeshi’s apparent territoriality and Nakano’s penchant for chaos make it an unstable equilibrium. Any nudge into physicality will push us irreversibly into an unfortunate but stable equilibrium. Avoiding a physical altercation – that is to say staying in the unstable repeated game – is clearly optimal. I have no reason to attack him. I’m not actually interested in Nakano. He is. Again, if he was really set on a fight, one would have started already. What does that mean for me?

The woman at the counter had measured out the leaves for Akito’s order and she was slowly pouring hot water over them. A plume of fragrant steam began to expand and rise out of the open top of the teapot. Akito watched it and a tree of possible futures expanded similarly in his mind’s eye.

There are two sets of consequences to consider here: the village, and the Hyuuga. The consequences of the village government will be relatively straightforward. Unsanctioned fights between shinobi are frowned upon, and any relevant ordinances and statutes should disfavor the aggressor. This is a witness-rich environment, so I should strive to sow the seeds of context and attention in a few of them. That will ensure that I can’t be painted as the aggressor. Akito glanced casually from side to side. The proprietress here and the old man on the barstool next to me should serve that purpose well.

The consequences from the Hyuuga clan are less clear. They are likely to expect that sort of behavior from a pair of half-breeds, but I should be able to keep a favorable position. As the elder cousin and the higher-ranking shinobi, the elders will be partial to my version of events, if only a little. That will only go so far though. Nakano is his true weakness as far as the clan elders go. Striking an elder cousin would be bad. Striking one over a woman, worse. Over a non-Hyuuga – and a Yamanaka at that – that would be a true nail in the coffin. He conceivably might claim that I was also pursuing her to try and cast some aspersions my way, but that is an easily surmountable obstacle. For one, it will reek of desperation. Additionally, I have an alibi for our interactions, so to speak. I was on mission with her, and as such would have reason to interact with her. Masayoshi can attest that there was nothing between us on our mission, so I’m protected on that front. Depending on what he says, it might even paint her as a loose woman: all the more shameful for Takeshi. The truth that I was here to unwind at a new tea house after training when I ran into Nakano and greeted her – non-romantically, as a subordinate – will be an easy sell. Takeshi will have no such defense. Even if he claims that he was here for another reason and accidentally ran into Nakano he won’t have any reason to attack me without a relationship with her. In the unlikely event that an alteration occurs, I will come out okay in the long run as long as I can avoid being maimed or killed in the initial conflict, which is doable.

Akito removed the shogi book from an inner pocket in his robe and placed it on the bar. “It’s funny,” he said, making small talk with the man next to him, and ensuring that the proprietress could hear as well. “I came here just to read my book, and then I was faced by two surprises. First was poetry night, but I ran into a subordinate and a cousin. I think they arrived together, but now they want me to join them. The funniest things can happen!”

“Huh, yeah… funny that,” the man grunted, clearly uninterested in small talk.

The woman had finished making his tea, and handed him the small pot, a teacup, and the plate of yokan.

“Thank you,” Akito said cheerfully, tucking the book under his arm and handing a couple of coins to the woman. “If I’m going to spend an evening with those two, I might as well act the elder and bring them some sweets. That should pave nicely over any awkwardness from me joining them on what seemed like it should be their time alone.”

That was an odd way to say all of that, all the better to stick in their minds. Now I’ll have some potential witnesses who will know the bones of the situation. They also saw the book. Who would bring a shogi book along on a tryst? Should it spiral from here they’ll have a statement to make. That should be enough insurance. Of course, Nakano’s unpredictable behavior makes this situation harder to predict. However, being privy to her games makes them easier to avoid. With how she acted on the way to the mission, I'll be able to avoid flirting back. I also should avoid being too dismissive. I wouldn’t want to insult Nakano and have her call Takeshi to defend her. Not as pressing a concern, but one nonetheless.

As Akito turned around, order in hand, one of the staff got up on the small stage and made a call for poets. As Akito walked over to the booth, he saw Nakano slide herself over Takeshi to get out.

“Break a leg!” he called out as Nakano walked up.

He placed the small plate of confections in the middle of the table. “My treat,” he said, smiling. He could keep a cool face even when the gears and engines of his mind seemed to him like they would drown out all sound in the room. He gently set the teapot and book down on his side of the table and slid into the booth with a grace that seemed almost out of place for such a large man. He sat directly across from Takeshi, the plate of yokan between them.

Speaking of her games, I wonder if Takeshi knows. I was privileged with the information in her dossier, so I can’t very well just tell him, but I can try and suss out what he knows about his little girlfriend. But first thing’s first: I need to take charge of this situation somewhat and do my best to make all of that planning for naught. Takeshi and I would do much better as friends than enemies. Doubly foolish to end up as enemies over a woman only he wants.

With careful, measured movements, Akito placed his left hand over the top of the teapot and quickly grabbed the handle, tilting it carefully until a steady stream of toasty golden-green liquid poured out.

“Takeshi, I know what you must be thinking. Let me set your mind at ease. Nakano and I were on a mission together recently,” Akito said with a calm, almost serene tone as he poured his tea, eyes focused on his cup. “I was surprised to run into her here, that is all. ”

When his glass was full, he righted the pot and set it down without a sound. The room began to quiet as Nakano reached the stage. Akito picked up the cup and inhaled its aroma – grassy, nutty, with the slightest hint of smoke. He took a slow sip of his tea as Nakano began her reading. A small plume of steam rose up from Akito’s cup, disappearing into the air above.

Hopefully the need for any of my plans disappears so easily, Akito thought, shifting his thoughts from scheming and strategizing to the words of Nakano’s poem.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:56 pm

The young Special Jounin could practically see the gears turning in the man’s head. He was thinking intently and sizing him up. Growing up, trained by two Bannin parents, Takeshi had been taught to rely on his instincts in combat and that overthinking was often a weakness that could be exploited. Part of him was curious to put their contradicting styles to the test. But despite his recent rebellious streak, the teenager still retained enough decorum to realize that he couldn’t go around starting fights in teahouses. He still had a reputation to maintain and an ever-uphill battle to gain respect from the Hyuuga clan elders, as complicated as that would be if he was seen with Nakano. Perhaps that was why he felt so on edge being observed by another Hyuuga. The only solace was that they were both members of the branch family, which usually instilled a sense of camaraderie and mutual disdain for the haughty main family that controlled their lives.
Quote:
“Easy there cousin, I wasn’t planning on it,” he said, his voice friendly overall, but with a acrid tinge around the edges. “The use of hands should always be a last resort.”
Takeshi exhaled slowly and nodded curtly, “Yes, of course. Let calm minds prevail” he agreed. ‘What am I doing? This isn’t like me’ he realized. He had always been protective and had a strong sense of justice, but he wasn’t one to threaten or disrespect anyone who didn’t truly deserve it, especially not both an elder and a superior. His gaze shot toward the buxom seductress awaiting him in the booth. Was this what women did to men, manipulating their baser natures for entertainment? He had never dated before and Nakano had been his one and only intimate experience. ‘She’s dangerous. A distraction, maybe even a liability’ he realized suddenly as he approached her and steadied his gaze. He couldn’t give in to her manipulations too easily. But he couldn’t deny that she had a hold over him and he wanted her for himself. He sat down and inhaled the aroma of his tea after making his stance clear.
Quote:
”Now Takeshi, I didn’t think you were the type. You’d really not share the Hyuuga men with me? Unless…? ” Nakano put on a faux posture of being hurt, but the act was quickly dropped. As she shifted and leaned into Takeshi.

”Perhaps you meant something…else?”
His hand slipped under the table, placing it firmly on his companions thigh. He leaned toward her, inhaling slowly and savouring her intoxicating scent. “I only want you, Nakano. I know the work you specialize in, I don’t care about what you need to do in service of Konoha, but this is different” he spoke in a quiet yet firm tone. After all that he had lost, what he needed most was a sense of stability. He couldn’t afford to let his personal life affect his work performance, nor have them blend in a way that could get either of them killed.

Further conversation on the matter would have to wait it seemed as Akito approached the booth and a speaker addressed the audience. Takeshi exhaled slowly before raising his cup of tea to his mouth and drinking slowly. The earthy flavours soothed his body and mind, flooding him with memories of happier times, moments when he had truly felt at peace with himself. He longed for those days, when his family had been whole and full of love and laughter. Now there was only pain and isolation. A void that he attempted to fill with duty, and the rare comforts of a woman who might be more trouble than she was worth. Snapped out of his reverie, he dipped his head respectfully, “Thank you” he said simply as Akito set down the plate of yokan. As Nakano moved passed him, brushing against him rather intimately, he inhaled sharply as he found himself easily aroused by her movements. He couldn’t help but stare as she walked towards the stage.

Shaking his head slightly, he attempted to clear his mind once more as he reached for the small treat that had been offered. An awkward silence hung between the men for several long moments, until the elder of the two spoke up. Takeshi ate slowly and then took another deep sip of tea as he listened to Akito’s explanation. Placing the cup down softly, the younger Hyuuga nodded. “I understand. Perhaps I judged too harshly. I like her, a lot. It is…difficult to see how she acts around others” he admitted, he knew that was simply her personality, she liked to tease and play games. Even when he first her, tending to his wounds in the hospital, he had sensed a seductive allure beneath even the most subtle movements. It had been naïve to think she could ever focus on one man alone. And yet he wanted to rise to the challenge, to reign her in and reserve any genuine affections for himself alone. ‘I’m making a mistake, aren’t I?’ he questioned as he listened to her words. Like the men in her poem, he would forever be fighting for her affections, to no avail. Would he only hold her for a brief moment, after all? But he was a shinobi, to fight was all he knew. Surely, it would be worth the pain if only he persisted.

He smiled softly as she returned. She knew exactly what she was doing. He would have to fight her for control every step of the way, but he decided he would win her over one way or another. Moving over to the side he would make room for her to sit next to him. As much as he enjoyed her closeness, he was a gentleman at heart. “You’ve given me something to consider, Nakano” he said as she sat. “As shinobi, we will forever be caught in an endless cycle of pain. There will be another war, and even if I get my vengeance, what will it all matter in the end?” he considered solemnly. Would he even feel better? Even if he killed the Tsuchikage himself? Unlikely. The pain of loss was not so easily remedied. And yet he had to do something with all of the anger that festered in his heart.

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:59 pm

Takeshi’s words about what he wanted definitely weighed in her mind. It felt good to be wanted, but she needed to test and make sure. She had often thought of herself as incapable of feeling certain emotions, but pain was certainly one of them. It was something that she couldn’t help but want to avoid, and who would not heed the call of pain and break away from its source? It was a universal truth after all. But there was something beautiful in it, and she wanted Takeshi to know who she really was before anything else. There was one fear and one fear along in Nakano’s heart of hearts. The fear of rejection. To that end she always pushed people away and refused to allow them to become important to her. In a case like this, where Takeshi had made it clear that she was what he wanted, she had decided that it would be fine to take a chance. That was the purpose of all of this after all. Why had she brought Takeshi to the Poetry event? She had wanted him to know the real her, not just the ‘fun’ Nakano, but the real Nakano. She had to give him a chance to reject her. She had to give herself a chance to be hurt by that rejection.

She had reclaimed her seat next to Takeshi. He began to explain how her poem had given him something to think about. She wasn’t capable of empathy, but she didn’t like the solemness that Takeshi was exuding like an aura about him. In a very un-Nakano like gesture she reached her hand and placed it upon his back, rubbing in. She leaned in close to him and rested her chin on his shoulder. ”I’m sorry you feel that way Takeshi. I really am.” It was as good of a time for truth as any.

”I don’t think that your feelings are wrong, because you can ask that same question about all human existence. What will it all matter in the end? Even if you set your vengeance aside, what will it matter in the end? Our nature is to burn for bright brief existences. Give up your vengeance if it makes you happy Takeshi or don’t… just don’t you ever call what you feel wrong - that is all that I mean by this.

In the background another speaker took to the stage and began their set, and so Nakano lowered her voice so as to avoid the appearance of being rude and drawing the ire of the audience and staff. ”My reason for coming here, Takeshi was to share who I am with you. I know my mind is a difficult place, the Yamanaka don’t like being there, so while I could show you, I don’t want to. Instead I read a poem and let you see a reflection of how I think. If you want me I’ll be yours, but also know that I have limitations Takeshi. I don’t feel the way others do. I’m not capable of certain emotions“ she wanted to tell him about the Yamanaka seal but she wasn’t able to. It was classified and a wave of apathy came over her every time she thought about it. ”For example, I don’t think I’ve ever felt a “crush” or what people call romantic love. The closest for me is lust .I’d like to continue our relationship, I see plenty of reasons to commit to you aside from the sex. So if you still want this relationship I’m happy to commit to following your rules.

Nakano glanced over in Akito’s direction. She had her suspicions that all of this doubt had come from him and it made her evaluation of her drop considerably in her eyesight. She gave him a look that seemed to demand that he not interfere with this.” ”If love is a factor Takeshi you should find another woman, I just don’t know how to reciprocate a foreign emotion, but if loyalty and Obedience is all you need than I’m capable of that much. So what do you say Takeshi? Will you be my lover? My Alpha.”

Even Nakano knew that there were a million reasons for her to not be with Takeshi. She knew about the Hyuuga feud with the Yamanaka and never thought that she would somehow be caught in the middle of it. The Feud aside, there was also the reason that she was foreign blood to the Hyuuga, and she had seen how she had been treated at the Hyuuga compound. Nakano knew though that after spending a night with Takeshi, she really liked him and wanted to be with him more. These obstacles were frustrating enough that were it not for her seal she’d probably destroy both clans… a wave of apathy came over her and she shook off the though and turned back to Takeshi.

Drak

Post by Drak » Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:12 pm

Quote:
“I understand. Perhaps I judged too harshly. I like her, a lot. It is…difficult to see how she acts around others”
Oh, I know well enough. I had to travel with her for while. Akito sighed as he let the intrusive thought pass. For all his bluster earlier, it was clear something was eating at Takeshi.

“I was your age once, too,” Akito said, setting his teacup on the table and nestling it between his hands. At 24, he was hardly an elder, and without siblings or students rarely had to act one. He didn’t want to sound pretentious, and he very much didn't want to sound vapid. “It is a hard age to be. The guidance you have had until now tapers off, and you have to decide for yourself what it is you really want. That process is hard. Made harder by how suspicious a lot we shinobi tend to be.”

He glanced over. Nakano was striding back to the table.

That is what I will leave you with for now,” Akito said, lowering his voice slightly as Nakano approached. “But, you are welcome to seek me out another time. We half-breeds of the Hyuuga clan should stick together.”

Any hint of guile that had been present in Akito’s voice earlier in the evening had dropped out completely. His words for Takeshi were clearly earnest ones. Leaving Takeshi with his revelation, Akito’s demeanor shifted suddenly.

“Bravo,” he projected as Nakano sat down. “Very well done. Very authentically… you.”

Akito settled back against the wall of the booth, raising his teacup up and taking a sip.
Quote:
“As shinobi, we will forever be caught in an endless cycle of pain. There will be another war, and even if I get my vengeance, what will it all matter in the end?”
Akito was about to interject his thoughts, but then Nakano placed her hand gently on his back.
Quote:
”I’m sorry you feel that way Takeshi. I really am.”
This is… different from the Nakano I’ve seen. This earnestness is unusual for her. Of course, this could be a mere change in tack. Another one of her games. Or maybe there’s more to her than meets the eye. Or rather, more to her than I saw on our mission.

As their conversation progressed, Akito began to wish he were elsewhere. He filled his teacup again, and reached over for one of the yokan. As he ate it, he began to tap the index finger of his left hand on the table. It was rhythmic, but not to the meter of the poem being read, or to match any of the natural rhythms present in the room. It almost looked like a shinobi code, but decoded in that way, it would have been nonsense. While he was trapped in a small booth with two teenagers discussing the bounds of their new relationship, it was clear that his mind was elsewhere.

When Nakano shot a glare over at him, he returned her gaze. His was an expression of total indifference. Akito considered putting on an expression of mock surprise and pointing at himself, but decided against it. As silly as some of their confessions sounded to him, he decided that he wouldn’t get involved. Instead, he turned his eyes away from Nakano’s and rose up from his seat.

“I think it is my turn to read,” he said, before heading over to the stage. “I have been composing a little something.”
Quote:
"So what do you say Takeshi? Will you be my lover? My Alpha."
That’s a teenage confession if I’ve ever heard one. It’s easy to forget that they’re still almost kids…

Akito got up on the tiny square of a stage and looked out over the audience. He couldn’t really see Nakano and Takeshi from here.

All the better.

He took a deep breath, and began.

Good evening all here
A cast in three short haikus
A minimal play.

Cowherd boy, or prince
Now conflicted. For how long?
King says ‘Waters, rise.’

Weaver girl, spins mesh
Earnest now, perhaps for naught.
Magpies flock to see.

Celestial plough,
With might to furrow or bridge.
How will this all end?

Akito looked out over the packed teahouse.

Well, the patrons don't seem to have hated it. It wasn't my favorite work, but not bad for off the cuff. It could have used a shamisen chord between each stanza. I do wonder how that will go over with my companions. Then again, they might have more important things to worry about right now. And after all, it’s a poem about a classic folk tale….

“Thank you,” Akito gave a small bow, stepped off the stage, and walked back to the booth.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:49 am

Takeshi listened to Akito apprehensively. He wasn’t sure yet if the man was to be a friend or a rival, perhaps both. But he hadn’t expected to find a mentor in him. Part of him wanted to shut the man out, his elder brother had been the same age as Akito before he was killed by Iwagakure just a few short months ago. But so too did he yearn for that connection. He thought of Yozei often, thought of how much he had missed him when he left to fulfil his duties and serve in the great war. It had been Takeshi’s dream to prove himself to Yozei and one day stand as his equal, fighting beside one another and making their father proud of the men they had become. But he would never see that dream come to fruition. His eyes threatened to water as he thought about the guiding figures in his life that were taken from him forever. “It is hard. I don’t know who I want to be anymore, not since…” he began. The pain in his eyes and slight crack of his voice alluded to what he spoke of. Most of the village had seen Takeshi standing next to his father’s coffin, the 17th Hokage who had led Konoha for 20 years, slain in battle by the Tsuchikage. What few knew was that there weren’t even any remains left to be burned. He had never gotten any closure, never got to truly say goodbye to his brother or father. The last time he had seen them had been the morning after his 18th birthday. Takeshi had left to train in Kumo and Yozei and Takeo prepared themselves for the defense of Wind country. Despite knowing the danger he had never imagined that they would both be killed.

Taking another sip of tea, he took a moment to collect himself as Nakano returned. Her hand against his back brought the teenager an immediate wave of comfort. He sat up straighter, lifting his chin higher as he inhaled. Even more so than the soothing affects of tea, her touch helped to heal the loneliness and pain that clawed at him from within. Despite appearing of average build at first glance his back was dense with tightly coiled muscle, brimming with tremendous power. He hardly slept, waking well before the sun and training for hours each day and then working late into the night. His calloused fingers held the delicate teacup gingerly. He contemplated her words, staring into the deep green liquid as he gathered his thoughts. He smiled wryly, “You’re right” he said looking at her with an appreciative gaze. His free hand moved to gently caress her cheek. Despite his strength he preferred tender, delicate moments over those of raw displays of power. But there was always the potential to unleash the honed weapon that he had become. “We’re young. We should burn bright and enjoy life, follow our passions and truly live. For there is no certainty beyond the inevitability of death. Right now, in this moment you are what makes me happy and that’s all that matters” he decided. Vengeance or not, he would decide when the moment came, but there was no need to dwell on those thoughts tonight. There was more to his life than simply training in the art of murder.

He placed the cup of tea down, leaning his forehead against hers. He felt Akito fade into the background as the man respectfully focused his thoughts elsewhere. With one hand on her cheek, the other moved to take her hand in his.
Quote:
”My reason for coming here, Takeshi was to share who I am with you. I know my mind is a difficult place, the Yamanaka don’t like being there, so while I could show you, I don’t want to. Instead, I read a poem and let you see a reflection of how I think. If you want me I’ll be yours, but also know that I have limitations Takeshi. I don’t feel the way others do. I’m not capable of certain emotions“
“I see you. Thank you for letting me in. I know there’s darkness in you. Something that feels broken, I feel broken too. I want to help you, as much as I can. You’re already helping me more than you know” he whispered, speaking from the heart and savoring every moment of closeness with her. The logical part of his mind told him that he couldn’t afford the distraction or the ire of the clan, but his heart begged him to give her a chance and to give in to these emotions that swelled within him. She went on to continue, to explain further about the feelings she lacked. It stung to hear, but he realized immediately that this was not her fault nor his. He knew already that he could easily fall for her and was prepared for the hurt of those feelings not being reciprocated. “I would be happy to accept you as you are. Thank you for being honest with me” he pulled back slightly as she turned her head, checking in on Akito who continued to tap the table and seemed to continue to mind his own business. Takeshi smiled, nodding as he realized just how respectable Akito truly was. His ears tried to parse the pattern the man was tapping, thinking it was similar to the morse code he had memorized as part of his training. But while he recognized a few letters if it was a message, it would have needed a specific cipher to determine. More likely it was simply idle gibberish but indicated toward advanced training nonetheless.

Turning his attention back to Nakano, he looked deep into her eyes, searching for any hint of deception. Instead he saw what he believed to be longing and genuine intent. She was a professional in her art, but so was he. It was difficult to fool his perceptive ability, at least when he had a mind to actively look for deception. Akito stood from the table and moved toward the stage. “I trust you, and I want you. That’s enough” he determined, leaning in to kiss her to affirm the decision. The kiss would be brief but meaningful. Akito had already endured enough, he didn’t intend to get too carried away. But his young blood was pumping and he felt more alive than he had in months. His head was abuzz and his attention fixed on Nakano alone as he enjoyed the few brief minutes they shared alone with one another after affirming the start of their relationship. ‘Don’t let me lose her too’ he prayed to a nameless God. He wasn’t sure how much more loss he could take. He knew happiness was fickle and fleeting, a handful of water on a summer day, so easily lost; spilled, consumed or evaporated. And yet so precious that even a drop could sustain life. One day at a time.

HotelBravo

Post by HotelBravo » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:57 pm

The look in his eyes, she liked the way he looked at her. It made her feel beautiful. Wanted. As he agreed with her she let him caress her cheek. She didn’t really care how it looked or seemed to Akito as Takeshi had set his own cup of tea down to lean and press his head against hers. He whispered to her an acknowledgement of her - the dark part of her. The one that her parents rejected, that was so often rejected. That people cowered in fear from. It was a part that she had so often been afraid of sharing with others. Her greatest fear. She had come to rely on herself so much that she had essentially become hyper individualistic, and this had only served to inflame those murderous desires she had in the past. She gave Takeshi an appreciative smile.

Akito was sitting across from them trying to mind his own business despite having been invited to the table. She caught Takeshi checking on the man. There seemed to be some kind of mental calculations happening behind Takeshi’s eyes.Not all shinobi had been trained on morse code, and Nakano was still in all technicality, a trainee. That was what it meant to be a genin afterall. There would come a time when she would put into practice the infiltration techniques that she had learned. It would be dangerous. IT was a job with a low life expectancy, but for the moment she would just enjoy her time. She wasn’t too concerned about dying, and she couldn’t really explain why. It made her think about how angry Takeshi would be. Would he take revenge for her if she was killed on a mission?

She spared just a glance for Akito who had stood and moved to the podium to give his speech. As if Takeshi was taking the opportunity for himself he leaned in for a kiss, and she reciprocated. Brief. Meaningful. It was romantic, but it left Nakano hungry for more. Her eyes lit up like a predator. She crawled onto his lap and grabbed his chin. A wicked smile on her face as she pressed down for another kiss. ”I’m moving in with you.” It wasn’t a question. She held his chin still and put a finger to his lips to keep him from interrupting her. ”We’ll need to establish rules for this relationship. I need to know where the boundaries are. What lines I can’t cross. I might tease those boundaries - its just in my nature, but I will never cross them.”

Akito was returning to the booth having finished his set. Nakano could see him doing so, and thus she returned to her seat from Takeshi’s lap and wrapped her arm possessively around his waist, with a pleased look on her face like a cat that just caught the canary. She didn’t care what Akito thought, or no, she did care - but more she wanted him to know. Takeshi was hers now. ”I’m sorry Hyuuga-san, I was a little distracted and couldn’t hear your poem very well and - Oh!” She glanced at Takeshi and couldn’t contain a girlish giggle at seeing how her lipstick had smeared on his lips. She took a napkin out of her clutch and wiped off Takeshi’s face so it was clear of lipstick.. ”One of my rules Darling Dear, only I get to wear the lipstick in this house.”
Last edited by HotelBravo on Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Drak

Post by Drak » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:45 pm

As Akito returned to the booth, he could tell that there was some sort of not quite commotion, but movement happening in there. Akito slowed his stride and sighed.

I could just leave. In fact, I probably should leave. This evening went oddly to say the least, and I don’t see it getting any better for anyone if I stick around. I think my tea should be just about out anyway, I’ll finish it and leave those two to their… business.

Akito turned the corner of the booth to Nakano, staring at him proudly, her lipstick smeared over Takeshi’s lips. A stifled exhale of a laugh escaped from him as he sat back down.

Yes, I should definitely leave.
Quote:
”I’m sorry Hyuuga-san, I was a little distracted and couldn’t hear your poem very well and - Oh!”
“That is a shame to hear, but you missed little. It was not one of my better pieces,” Akito responded as Nakano wiped her lipstick from Takeshi’s face. “But from the looks of things, I can see why you might have been preoccupied.”

Akito poured himself some tea, but at this point, he was left with the dregs of the pot and a fine sediment of tea leaf fragments that slowly spiraled down to the bottom of his cup.
Quote:
”One of my rules Darling Dear, only I get to wear the lipstick in this house.”
Akito did a bad job of suppressing another laugh as he drained his teacup. He placed it gently down on the table and stood up again.

“The tea is out, and with that I believe it is my time to leave,” Akito looked at Nakano. “Nakano, it was lovely to see you. I am glad that you are doing well after our mission.” He glanced over at Takeshi. “And Takeshi, it was good to finally meet you as an adult. Think about what I told you. And I meant what I said: seek me out. You can find me most days at the Hyuuga estate or the village HQ. Good evening.”

Akito placed his hands into the opposite sleeves of his yukata, bowed slightly, and walked out of the shop into the evening air.

Better to give those kids some space right now. Falling in love at that age is hard enough; especially for those two: a half-breed Hyuuga Hokage’s son and a reformed-by-brainwash killer Yamanaka. The last thing they need is some aged voyeur observing all of the fine details of their navigation.

Akito shivered slightly and nestled his arms closer against his body. It was colder than when he had left, and he found himself wishing he had brought his haori.

Gods, a Hyuuga and a Yamanaka. It could be a play on stage. In fact, it sounds like one I read once. How did it go? “Two clans both alike in dignity, in fair Konoha where we lay our scene…” Something like that. All of my upbringing should lead me to disapprove, perhaps even to interfere, but I can’t find it in myself to do so. I’d go so far as to say that I’m rooting for them. I wonder if that is how my parents were? Young and in love enough to defy all of the censure of the Hyuuga clan. I find myself almost jealous of them. I’ve always hoped for a marriage in the clan, but if that was going to happen–

Akito took a deep breath and exhaled it with a quiet roar. Better, he thought, not to go there. He continued his walk back to the Hyuuga compound, to the lonely quarters at the edge where he had been relegated. Akito tried to refocus his thoughts on remembering the poem that had started that play, but as he tried to tease the lines from the archives of his mind, a thought echoed throughout it.

If that was going to happen it would have happened already, half-breed.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”