[Invasion] The Will of Fire

HotelBravo

[Invasion] The Will of Fire

Post by HotelBravo » Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:46 pm

It was perilous times in Konohagakure no Sato. Nation rose against nation, and the hearts of men failed them. The reason why? It was difficult for Nakano to say. The truth of the reason being that she hadn’t ever really minded politics too much. Since she hadn’t needed to. Now suddenly shinobi were scurrying back and forth across the village preparing defenses, mobilizing forces. Gathering supplies and distributing them. The village had never felt more alive, but at the same time there was a static in the air. A tension that one could cut with the edge of a kunai. Even Nakano was made aware of it despite how she usually didn’t perceive such things on account of having next to no sense of empathy. And yet, she was in the middle of said times. It was an urgent matter to get the forces in tip top shape. Very simply and plainly she had received a number of orders to report to training field 9 and begin exercises there in preparation for the war. It was a simple enough command that Nakano didn’t really have any issue with performing it.

What she didn’t expect is what she found at training field 9. Even as early in the morning as she had arrived, the field was already prepared with an obstacle course. There were chuunin staffers standing at each station, there to assist, time, and criticize the performance of the attendees. The people reporting tto training field 9 would need to solve the obstacle courses, using whatever jutsu and techniques were at their disposal, and it was the chuunin’s jobs here today to push the participants to ever greater heights regardless of how well one was doing.

The first course was called the Guantlet. The Gauntlet was a course that involved the most basic form of obstacles. It in effect looked like a straight path way with obstacles placed upon it, being very true to the nature of what an obstacle course should be. It started with several meters full of caltrops, then there was a wall to climb over. After that there was a stretch of barbed wire. Then there were a number a of hurdles that had to be crossed. After the hurdles there was a wooden construct with a rope which was then to be crossed via walking across a single strand of wire. For must shinobi this was a real academy level challenge, however it was complicated by the fact that the attending Chuunin would be launching attacks the entire time - a mix of ninjutsu, genjutsu, and dummy shurikens, which would most certainly bruise if they hit you.

The next course was an elevated sparring arena. Telephone poles and had been dug into the ground with a number of criss crossing pattern ropes and small platforms attached to them filled out another portion of the field. The intention here was to spar with an opponent but not ever touch the ground. As if to emphasize this, the ‘grass’ beneath the match here was actually a very large mat of short spikes. Too short to do any real damage to a human, but the fall and the pain from the spikes would remind anyone doing the course to not be so careless again.

Furthermore there was a medic nin station where aspiring medical ninja were attending and would be treating any injuries that occured on any of the courses in real time.Beside this was a trap team tent. Who would be actively sabotaging the course with their traps while an opposing trap team would be attempting to disarm them - and they were not going to spared the attacks from the course chuunin either.

Nakano had arrived prepared. Today she wore a white tank top that displayed a generous amount of her chest along with tan pants, her shuriken holster and weapons pouch. She carried with her an additional duffle bag as well full of other supplies like food and changes of clothes, and water. She knew that she was going to be forced to sweat here. She decided that she would stand in line for the obstacle course, wanting to give it her best try at least once. As the time inched closer to her turn she made sure to watch the efforts of those who went before her. They would dodge and fight back against the attacks while trying to make progress. Some of them had talent that Nakano did not think that she had the ability to match. She already prepared herself that she was going to make a fool of herself in front of everyone here and she hoped that at least she would look good while doing it.

The course started, she walked carefully through the field of caltrops, attempting to dodge and weave through a field of rubber shurikens. It was something that she did not have t he balance for and so she was getting quite beat up by all the attacks. She didn’t like pain and gritted her teeth and drew a kunai which she tried using to deflect some of the shurikens as she continued on her way. She reached the wall, and began to run up it using the wall climbing technique, but really did not expect to be hit with such a strong wind jutsu by the chuunin standing nearby. She clung desperately to the wall as she tried to power through the wind and make it to the top of the wall. Only now at the top and under tornado force winds did she realize that it would be a challenge for her to make it back down. She would have to cling and crawl just about the same way she had down so to get to the top, if she just let herself drop she would be blown away with the wind!

So Hanako used the wall climbing technique to slowly move her way down at a snails pace until she finally reached teh ground and the next stretch of the course.The barbed wire. She dove into the dirt and began to crawl through the barbed wire, all the while jutsu and shurikens flew over her head. It was probably the first time Nakano had ever doubted having such a large chest as she had to almost navigate herself and the ladies separately through the wire lest she get scratched up in very uncomfortable places. She could already feel the sweat dripping down her face from the heat of all the fire jutsu being unleashed on the field and honestly wondered how these guys had teh stamina to keep up with so many attacks.

It was another slow process but she finally escaped and maid it to the rope and the cat walk. Somehow, despite this seemingly normal looking course, her scratched and bruised body felt the burn in her arms as she climbed the rop and made it to the top of the wire catwalk. Most Shinobi had the balance where such a thing wouldn’t really slow them down, but after all the punishment she had experienced she was starting to feel like the injuries were catching up to her. She really needed more jutsu.

Group Training Bonus + Event

+2 strength = 1200/600
Last edited by HotelBravo on Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Drak

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Drak » Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:20 pm

By the time the trainees began to arrive, Akito had been at the training site for several hours. Although most of this training course was staffed by chunin, a few jonin were always called upon to supervise and referee the whole affair. Well, that and to jump in and provide an extra challenge should the situation warrant it. Most of the setup for the obstacle course had been done the night before, so Akito’s first order of business was to do a dry run – making sure that everything was working as intended. He surveyed the entrance to the Gauntlet, wearing his normal mission wear of ninja sandals, black joggers, and a blue turtleneck. He had opted to leave his jacket in the observation tower, along with a spare set of clothes. He was going to get dirty if he had to step through the whole course, and he wanted to present a clean, authoritative air when the trainees arrived.

A wave of nostalgia came over him as he took his first steps through The Gauntlet, stepping over caltrops to ensure that there were no overly easy patches.

This brings back memories. I don’t think I’ve been here since I was a chunin myself. The last time would have been what, five years ago when I was on the trap team. I’m not sure how much use I was actually laying the traps, but I sure could come up with some good ideas for them.

“Some more caltrops here, right at the end,” Akito shouted to a pair of the course chunin, gesturing to a spot right next to the transition to the wire crawl. “Make them either maneuver for a good spot up the wall, or take their time to clear a spot, then bombard them.”

Akito reached the end of the caltrop section. There was supposed to be a wall here.

“Speaking of the wall, where is the wall?” Akito asked the pair of chunin.

They looked at each other, confused. As if each thought the other was supposed to do it.

“No matter. I can fix this,” Akito said, making a few hand seals. He proceeded to crouch down and place each of his hands on the dirt below. A large wall sprung up from the earth below.

“Carve some holds into it, but not too many,“ Akito ordered, placing a foot on the wall and preceding to walk directly up and over it. He jumped down the other side and gazed over the wire crawl.This was always his least favorite part, ever since he had first done the course almost ten years ago. Akito sighed and started to slog his way through it.

Wasn’t easy for a big kid to get through. Harder still for a grown man, but I guess if I can move through it this easily now it’s a testament to how far I’ve come. The mud is still bad though. This is my mission right now though, and I have to do what the mission requires…

When he was finished, Akito’s front was fully coated in mud. He called over some of the chunin to make a few adjustments, and went over to the next stage. Akito looked over the wire bridge, inspecting the ropes leading up for defects. When he got up to the top, he reached down, grabbed the wire spanning the two structures and plucked it. It let out a deep, warbly noise.

Satisfied with the tension, Akito crossed it. Through the corner of his eye, he saw one of the chunin eying him, idly spinning a dummy kunai.

“I see you,” Akito warned. “First one to throw something at me gets to help me test the sparring arena. No need to worry too much though, the medic team will get here before you sustain too much damage.”

He passed to the other side without incident and continued his inspection of the grounds.

One of the course chunin approached him. “Sir, it uh… it seems that we’re short of the dummy shurikens.”

Akito signed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

“Very well.”

Hmm, I recently learned a jutsu for just such an occasion. Earthen Ninja Tools. I just need to stop the hardening process so that the resulting tools act more like clods of dirt in shuriken form.

Akito whistled loudly.

“Everyone who is idle right now, come here,” he bellowed.

A handful of shinobi rushed over.

“Raise your hand if you have a Doton affinity.” Two hands came up.

“You two, with me. Someone bring us a box!”

Akito led his makeshift squad just out of the grounds to a large pile of dirt that had been displaced while putting together the course.

“Do you two know how to make earth ninja tools?”

The two shinobi nodded.

“That is precisely what we are going to do now. However, we will not be making them metal. Rather, we will be stopping the process such that we create shuriken which look accurate and fly well, but which will disintegrate into dirt and rock on impact. Painful, but not deadly.”

Akito made a few hand seals and produced ten shuriken. To demonstrate, he took one and, with a bit of force, snapped it in two. The halves quickly crumbled back into dirt.

“Just so,” Akito said, dumping the remaining shuriken into the box which someone had brought. The three of them spent a while manufacturing dummy weapons. Form the seals, focus the chakra, harden the earth but not too hard, and repeat.

Once the box was full, Akito had his two assistants carry the box back.

That took time I didn’t have. I need to finish the inspection quickly and get changed before students start streaming in.

Akito rushed through the rest of the inspection, enlisting a few bystanders to help him. When he was done, he told a few close-by chunin to gather up the rest for a final check in.

When they had assembled, Akito stood up on a box, still covered in mud from his observation.

Damn. I wish there had been time to change before I had to make this announcement. Oh well, I suppose there’s nothing to be done now.

“Attention everybody, attention!” Akito announced. “I am Akito Hyuuga, one of the jonin supervising this exercise. Your role is to make this exercise as difficult as possible for the participants without killing them. With that in mind, try to keep any jutsus which inflict direct physical or psychological harm to C-rank and below. Furthermore, triple check all of your equipment. We have a variety of dummy projectiles, but it is always possible that a real one made its way in by mistake. The medical tent will be busy enough with injuries from the caltrops, barbed wire, falls, spikes, falls onto spikes, hard sparring, and traps. The last thing they need to deal with today is an honest to Kami-sama kunai wound. Speaking of which, the medical tent is also open to all of you in case of emergency. In case of a non-medical emergency which you cannot resolve yourselves, feel free to come find me. I will be in the observation tower for now, but I will be coming down to assist in the training. Dismissed!”

Akito could see the first students begin to trickle in. He jogged over to the observation tower and made his way up. Seeing as it was empty, Akito used the opportunity to change. He pulled his mud-soaked shirt over his head and let it fall to the floor with a wet plop, and turned around to where he had placed his clean clothes earlier.

Group Training Bonus + Event

1275/600 words => Control +2
Last edited by Drak on Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Akito HyuugaKonohaJounin#008080

Jirou Kisama
Heart EmpireAkibushi#BF4000

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Diatenshi

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:33 pm

Dressed in a dark grey hakama Masaru gazed out at the obstacle course he'd spent the past night helping prepare. He had been called in to lend a hand for running a training event for the genin to prepare them for the approaching war. Not so long ago the 4th great war had ended and the way things were beginning to turn out a 5th seemed to be on the horizon. He questioned silently to himself what the higher ups were thinking. Konoha had already been invaded once and we'd lost. Sticking our necks out after having been beaten once didn't sit right with him. Not that it was his place to criticize those in power. No he would focus his attention towards guiding the others into their strength and assist them so that they may survive the horrors to come.

“Some more caltrops here, right at the end,” a jounin directing the construction of the course would call out. Masaru shouted in confirmation and began making seals. Wooden caltrops would be made and scattered as instructed. Masaru carefully controlled the amount of chakra he used so the caltrops wouldnt be crushed by a simple step but also wouldnt grow to much as mokuton was want to.

As the jounin mentioned a wall Masaru turned and glared at the other chuunin. Masaru was perfectly capable of using jutsu to summon a dirt wall had he been informed to do so. His partner here had failed to inform him of this bit and now the jounin supervisor was looking at them like they were idiots. He shook his head and watched as the man created a wall himself not even giving Masaru the opportunity to correct the mistake. Sighing quietly in his head he'd listen for orders and then used mokuton to create a kunai with which he dug out hand and foot holds for the genin to use. He wondered to himself if it would've been better to leave a flat solid wall, make the genin use tree climbing jutsu to boost their familiarity with its use and application.

"Everyone who is idle right now, come here, raise your hand if you have a Doton affinity.”

Masaru heard the jounin's orders but was already given a task to help prepare the sparring grounds. Instead of making dirt weapons to be used as disposable distractions, he was tasked with producing a variety of wooden weapons for the genin to use during their spars. Personally he thought this type of training was too soft and that they should be using real weapons. However, he understood the higher ups were trying to avoid injuries amongst the fighting force and that injuries during training were an unnecessary risk. He just hoped no one would be stupid enough to use heated blade on the wooden weapons he was making.

Masaru kept working furiously, his chakra leaving his body at a prodigious rate. His hands mechanically formed the seals for his jutsu, his mind focusing on different weapons creating a number of swords, axes, spears, and such. The jutsu was simple enough and the weapons were blunt. Low risk of stabbing and dismemberment but bruising and broken bones were still a possibility. They would suit their purpose well and were solid and sturdy not likely to break with the strength most genin could display.

Once more the chuunin were gathered to listen to the jounin overseeing the operation. Standard safety brief stuff. Keep risk to a minimum. Medical. Non medical blah blah blah. He forced himself to focus and genuinely listen to orders. It was his lack of self control that had delayed his promotion for so long after all. Finally the jounin left and Masaru took his place . He'd been tasked with attacking the genin with jutsu.

As the genin took turns running the obstacle course Masaru would spit out fire balls, launching them at varying speeds to keep the genin on their toes. Despite, the differing speeds each fireball jutsu had uniform strength enough to scorch but not enough for life threatening burns. After the first few genin passed Masaru was swapped out to recover his chakra after all it would be a long day and even as a chuunin his chakra reserves were not endless. He stepped away from the obstacle course and moved to observe the genin as they fought on the sparring grounds.

Analyzing the terrain Masaru smirked a bit. The terrain favored futon specs a bit with the narrow footholds and raised platform. Doton specs wouldn't be able to tunnel through the ground and terrain based jutsu like trip fault wouldn't have much use. An idea crossed his mind and he headed to the jounin to explain his idea of creating more than one sparring arena so that the genin could experience fighting in a variety of scenarios. After all you rarely got to choose your battlefield and training on a variety could increase their chances of survival.

He knocked on the door then when given permission suggested they make three additional arenas. One an underground sparring zone to simulate Iwagakure's notorious catacombs. Another a small grove with tree cover. And finally, remembering the mud on the supervisor's earlier uniform, a muddy terrain that has chuunin giving a simulation of inclement weather to simulate combat during a storm. After giving his suggestions he'd silently await further instruction whilst berating himself in his head. 'If they had time to make all that prior to the event they probably would have. They already have their plans why are you wasting the jounin's time?'

Group Training+ event

931/600 Control+1
Last edited by Diatenshi on Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by HotelBravo » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:28 am

As Nakano finished the first course, she took a brief break. She marched over to a table where food and water was stationed and grabbed a bottle of water which she gulped down greedily. Whoever had set this up was just cruel. ”What is with this literal hog drinking all the water?” Nakano paused mid gulp and lowered her water bottle and tturned to look at the speaker. It was a woman, a genin who had been running the course like she had just moments before. She was lithe and athletic with the sculpted muscle of a trained shinobi, but she lacked in the figure department - Nakano keenly noted. This woman did have striking silver hair and wore a tank top and a set of spats. Nakano was much more curvy than this woman, and most of her physique was hidden under pleasing layers of fat. She had never heard someone so blatantly insult her before, and she didn’t like it in the least.

”Excuse me, I didn’t realize I was - ” Nakano decided to go for the tact approach and just apologize but she was cut off by the genin. ”Well, maybe if you paid more attention to your surroundings instead of stumbling through the course like a lost child, you wouldn’t be such a hindrance to the rest of us who are here to you know, actually practice for the up coming war.” Her voice was dripping with venom. Nakano recognized this girl. She had attended the academy with her, and had experienced this girl’s constant ire. It was also true that Nakano may have tied her up and tortured her, but those days were long past. She could see that the girl hadn’t forgiven her since those days. Her name was… What was her name? Miyuki. Thats what it was.

Nakano’s expression hardened as she regretted not Killing Miyuki back when she was tied up. She thought about killing Miyuki here and now, but a wave of apathy came over her and she felt the Yamanaka seal burn as it fed on her chakra to prevent her thoughts from straying into the murderous territory. With the apathy she no longer cared about killing Miyuki, but the woman was still being a pest. Nakano took a step back from the water station and Miyuki approached and grabbed a bottle for herself, twisted the cap off and drunk deep.

Nakano narrowed her eyes wishing it was poisoned, and not even in the sexy way.

”Miyuki, right? Need I remind you sweetheart that I’m also a kunoichi of Konohagakure no Sato. I’m here to train just like everyone else. Why don’t you avoid picking a fight before you wind up hurt?” If she wanted to talk with venom, Nakano was more than capable of returning the favor. Miyuki wiped her lips and smirked.

”I’ll prove it.” She stated. ”that you’re just a useless bag of fat. Let’s see who can complete the course faster. No interference, no distraction - just pure skill. Winner gets bragging rights.” Miyuki put her hands on her non-existant hips - what was she a boy? Nakano mused over the proposal. This whole thing was absolutely useless. What would even be the point of competing with this girl? If Nakano lost, this girl would never shut up about it. She might very well have to - the seal again - damn the seal! Nakano was half in mind to remove the seal from her own mind just so she could murder this girl. Her desires were actually overwhelming the seal and were leaking through. It was just enough that she was able to entertain that murdering this girl seemed like a good way to settle the score.

She would do it. She would do it right here, right now. The girl wasn’t expecting an attack from a fellow Konoha shinobi, and she had been so utterly uncordial - and Nakano hadn’t killed someone, something, in so long. Yes the dark desire needed to be slaked. Nakano didn’t realize how thirsty her need to murder had become. She hadn’t even been aware that it had gone unattended for so long. How had she let herself get to this point? To the point where she desperately needed to kill something? It would be so easy, and so beautiful. This girl wouldn’t even realize what had happened until she was gutted like a pig. Then she would show the innards to Takeshi and -

Nakano’s mind reeled. She felt the Seal finally gain ground and swallow up all of her impulses in apathy, as the thought of Takeshi broke her out of the spell. She had told Takeshi the truth when she admitted that she wasn’t really capable of having positive emotions. Things like love and joy seemed to escape her. Like a moth to the flame she was drawn to evil emotions. Lust, Hatred, Jealousy, Rage, Greed, Gluttony. Yes she knew those seven deadly sins so very well. She knew them so well that the Yamanaka had to place a seal on her to help her control herself.

And now as she considered Darling Dear Takeshi, and what he would think if she murdered someone in broad daylight, she could only do so with a logical mind. It was all likely if she managed to strong arm the seal she would captured and put on trial. Court martialed. Being executed was a very real possibility for her. She was too dangerous to be left alive, and if she could figure out how to escape such a powerful seal, what restraints would ever work on her. A tangential thought gave her some satisfaction about that, but overall it would not go well for Takeshi. She had made a promise, a commitment to him. Her time was his, her life was his. She remembered her promise to him and the rules that they had established. She liked Takeshi, and while she didn’t exactly have any love in her heart there was…something… there. Nakano didn’t know what it was, but there was some kind of fondness for the man.

The logical part of her mind warned her about going any further, because Takeshi accepted her in full, and he was loyal to Konoha. Despite accepting her worst - knowing what was in her mind - he was loyal to Konoha and would not be able to save her from her own sins. It wasn’t that she needed saving, but she couldn’t abandon someone who accepted her and her flaws like that. The rejection of the impulse to just straight up merc Miyuki here and now was enough to allow the seal to do its work and take hold of her mind again.

Nakano realized now how much she really needed this seal. While it was on, it was clear she was able to think more logically, but when it was off - it didn’t feel like her mind was in a fog, and yet… and yet…

”Fine Miyuki. A competition then. I accept the terms to your challenge, and kami help you if you lose because I’m never going to let you live itt down.”

1200/600 +2 Strength

Drak

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Drak » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:10 pm

Akito was standing in the observation tower, holding the sign of the snake. He could use the binoculars provided, but decided against it. For one, the binoculars were neither as detailed nor as controllable as the Byakugan which he used instead. Secondly, this allowed Akito to use this time wisely to train himself. The Byakugan could be activated with only a small amount of chakra, but it was a continuous small drain. Keeping it active for an extended period of time took a lot of chakra and required precise control of it. He normally didn’t need to make a hand seal, but it helped to better meter out his chakra.

Akito took deep, controlled breaths from his diaphragm as he used his doujutsu to zoom in on the obstacle course. He was coming up on the boundaries of his Byakugan mastery, but in doing so he could expand that boundary. His eyes were currently on the sparring arena, where two genin were engaged in a tough match. They were similar in ability, but with very different styles. One clearly relied heavily on his ninjutsu. He clearly had a strong affinity for Katon, since he had seen the boy send several fireballs his opponent’s way to keep him at a distance. The other genin, a girl, seemed to rely heavily on taijutsu. So far, the boy had done a great job of keeping his opponent at a distance, but his reliance on chakra-draining Katon techniques and inability to land a killing blow – so to speak – was clearly starting to wear on him. The girl was fast, but not quite fast enough to get past blasts of fire, so she was relying on thrown weapons to try and wear him down.

She let a kunai fly, which the boy dodged easily. However, she followed it up with a powerful jump off of a support beam. As she flew towards him, the boy made a flurry of hand seals and inhaled, clearly ready to breathe fire out at her. However, the girl produced two shuriken and launched them at the boy. They flew faster than the boy could exhale. One made contact on the boy’s right shoulder.

That probably hurt, and were it a real shuriken that would slow him down a bit. Still, it would be far from a death blow.

The second hit the boy square between the eyes and exploded into dirt, temporarily blinding him and sending the boy reeling.

And that one would be a blinding wound at best. Fatal at worst.

The girl landed on the platform, bending her knees to soften the landing. Then, as she came up, she transitioned into a spinning heel kick aimed at the boy’s head. He had recovered enough to avoid the worst of it, but he was already off balance and it landed squarely between his neck and right shoulder with enough force to knock him down. The girl pounced on him, pinning his right arm with her left and producing a dummy kunai with her right hand, which she held to his throat. The match was done.

Akito refocused his attention on the beginning of the course and saw Nakano weaving through the field of caltrops. Truth be told, it took Akito a moment to recognize her. While she did a good job of avoiding the caltrops, it seemed like that task took most of her concentration, leaving her open to the barrage of shurikens coming in.

Huh, she's a full-fledged blonde now. I can’t seem to get away from her…

Akito smiled as he saw her draw a kunai and use that to deflect incoming projectiles and gritted his teeth when she was nearly blown off the wall. As off putting and almost threatening as he found her sometimes, Akito couldn’t help but root for the girl. When she got to the top, there was a knock at the observation room’s door.

“Enter,” Akito called out, releasing the zoom of his Byakugan. The rest of the room came into focus.

A chuunin in a dark hakama opened the door. Akito recognized him as one of the course chuunin who had forgotten to put up the wall that Nakano was currently perched atop. Akito didn’t turn at first, instead observing him through his near-panoramic vision.

“What is it? If you tell me you need more shuriken so help me...”

Instead, the chuunin began to pitch him on three additional arenas. Akito stopped holding the snake seal. The chakra left his eyes, and they slowly began to take on the solid, white color of their passive state. Blinking hard a few times, Akito turned to the man. He was almost as tall as Akito, though not as broad, with long brown hair.

Why is he wasting my time with this right now? Was Akito’s first thought, but listening to the man it was clear that these were earnest suggestions, and ones that he had thought out. Akito liked a well thought out argument, even a slightly misguided one.

“Have a seat,” Akito said, hooking his foot around the leg of one of the simple wooden chairs in the
observation booth and sliding it over to the man.

Akito grabbed a chair from behind him and sat across from the man.

“I want you to think about the strategic objectives in play here. Or rather, the kinds of strategic objectives these genin will be deployed to further and the tactical situations that will entail. They are not heading for the front lines, attacking Iwa. That force is composed almost exclusively of very powerful, S-rank shinobi. In fact, I was dismissed from the attack force. That is why I am here.”

Akito gestured around at the observation booth before continuing: “No, the genin here, and in fact the course chuunin as well, will be defending Konoha if they are to see any action at all. We had discussed adding an underground portion, or some other set of obstacles to better replicate Rock Country, but deemed it would require too many ninja with Doton abilities too long to construct. Their time could be better spent shoring up the village’s defenses as combat engineers.”

Akito stood again and began pacing the room, clearly becoming engrossed in his explanation. “For the grove, that does better mimic a situation which genin might encounter in defense of the village. That said, I want you to think back to your time as a genin. Between rescuing stray cats and weeding old folks’ gardens, what was one of the missions you ended up on over and over? My bet is that it was a close-range scouting mission in the woods around the village. Additionally, when you did combat training with other squads, where did that tend to happen? In the woods, no? We don’t need to construct a simulation of what we have such a short distance away. Now, if you think that we should be running more exercises there, that’s a different point entirely.”

Akito stopped his pacing, furrowed his brow, and put his hand to his chin. He was quiet for a moment.

The man does make a good point about the inclement weather, but after watching Nakano struggle up the wall in the wind, I think we can invent a way around that issue without new construction.

Akito snapped out of his thoughts and looked Masaru in the eyes. “You make a good point about inclement weather training. However, I do not think we need any changes to the course to accommodate that. Enough chuunin with Fuuton, Raiton, and Suiton should be able to emulate a wide variety of the weather one might reasonably expect here in the Hi no Kuni. And that is something you can make happen yourself.”

Akito glanced back out the window.

I've been up in this tower for a while. I should probably go patrol some. Besides, Nakano has probably run through the course by now. She's been progressing so rapidly. Might be worth it to watch her spar.

Akito snapped his head back around to face Masaru.

“I think it is high time I went to observe the course up close. And I think you have some work to do on that inclement weather idea. Let us take a walk.”

With that, Akito left the booth and descended the stairs to the training field below.

Word Count: 1396/600 => Control + 2
Last edited by Drak on Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Diatenshi

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:37 pm

Masaru would quietly listen to the Jounin's explanation standing at attention. Much like he had thought before he knocked on the door they had their reasons and plans. The Jounin did seem slightly disgruntled at being disturbed however he didn't simply berate him but instead explained the flaws and drawbacks thoroughly so Masaru could understand the thought process of the higher ranks. It was enlightening to say the least.

The one saving grace he earned from bringing up his proposals was the jounin didn't entirely disregard the forest style training though that would possibly be done as a separate matter and that the inclement weather idea was viewed favourably. As the Jounin released him he shouted "Yes Sir! It will be done." he then left the observation deck behind the jounin branching off towards the other chuunin at the bottom of the stairs.

Masaru immediately gathered a few chuunin who were on stand by waiting for their turn in the rotation and explained the new task. Their task became more draining on chakra but that could be mitigated by isolating the weather simulation to small areas of the course. Less jutsu would be sent at the genin but those resting their chakra would now spend their recovery time throwing shuriken.

A small group consisting of six chuunin began summoning wind rain and lightning around the wall. The rain made the foot holds slippery and hard to hold on to. The wind made it harder to maintain balance even for those using the tree climbing jutsu. The small blast of lightning were actually d-rank jutsu being cast at weak levels. Upon a hit they would cause localized numbing and pain. Not lethal but would slow their procession through the course as a whole. His task of organizing a new challenge complete Masaru would resume his duties of challenging the genin with fireballs.

As the genin navigated the obstacle course, he prepared himself, channeling chakra within his core. With a swift movement of his hands, Masaru unleashed a barrage of fireball jutsu. The intense heat and swirling flames added an extra layer of difficulty, pushing the young ninja to adapt swiftly to the unexpected challenge.

Some of more timid genin hesitated, uncertainty flickering in their eyes as they faced the the mixture of fireballs and shuriken. But Masaru's gaze was unwavering, believing that they could overcome this adversity. "Focus!" he called out, his voice cutting through the crackling flames. "You can overcome this obstacle. Think things through on the fly. A moment of hesitation can be disastrous in battle. Trust in your training." He gave few words of encouragement to the few genin who stalled.

His words seem to light the will of fire in their hearts as they shook off their doubts and began charging through the muddy low crawl. He smiled seeing their determination his orange eyes aglow with confidence as he continued to launch fireballs at them.
Group training + event
Thread total: 1420/1200. +2 Control
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by HotelBravo » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:20 pm

Miyuki and Nakano both headed to the start of the first obstacle course. They stood side by side at the beginning, intending to proceed through this thing together instead of one at a time. The chuunin there tried to argue, but Nakano shut him down with a sharp word. ”Shut it. You don’t know what you’re trying to get involved in. Just run the course.” Nakano crouched into the ready position and so did Miyuki. Both of them were ready to go. ”Call time.” Miyuki demanded of the chuunin. He looked confused about what was about to happen and nervous to be participating in this.

”Uh…T-time?”

The challenge began. Both charged through the caltrops. Nakano formed a couple of handseals, she gathered water and chakra in the core of her body before exhaling a ball of water which morphed into a shuriken. She released the technique and the water exploded, blasting the caltrops in her path out of the way. She was already in the lead. Nakano chanced a glance back at Miyuki, who looked exasperated. She ahd been attempting the caltrops to move forward at speed but hadn’t used any techniques to clear her side of things. ”Th-thats cheating!” she complained. Nakano used the wall walking technique to get a start on the wall climb. ”No interference, no distraction, pure skill.” Nakano answered, mocking her challenge statement.

Much like before, Nakano found trying to climb the wall difficult in part because the chuunins had seen what was happening and decided to finally start doing their jobs by throwing the shuriken and the wind jutsu to try and slow her down. Miyuki was not much farther behind. It was true that the Gauntlet was a test that was far in Miyuki’s favor who had a much more athletic build. This time through the Gauntlet was different as the chuunin had begun to simulate inclement weather. In this case the situation. Once again, Nakano was forced to walk back down the wall on the other side as to avoid being blown off course by the new inclement weather simulation. Miyuki was not that far behind her. It would be difficult to deal with Miyuki’s athleticism, but Nakano had one thing one major advantage over the girl and that was her own strategic and cunning mind, she would would out think her on the course instead. Miyuki had already caught up and made it through the barbed wire course. Nakano pulled out real weaponry - two kunai with explosive tags.

”Hey wait a minute!” The chuunin watching this stretch of course looked the disaster that Nakano had become as she tossed both kunai into the barbed wire crawl and detonated it. The barbed wire went flying, having been cleared by the force of the explosion, and Nakano ran through a clear path catching up to Miyuki who pulled a face. ”I ignored the caltrops because anybody could just blow them away with a jutsu like you did - but that!” Miyuki had paused and scowled at Nakano.

”We’re kunoichi of Konohagakure no Sato. We make a path where there isn’t one. By the way, the Race is still on.” Nakano was about to move to the next obstacle in the gauntlet when her legs were swept from out from under her by Miyuki. As Nakano lay face first in the mud, Miyuki put her foot on Nakano’s back trying to force her down. ”We’re down with the course. It's clear that you don’t play by the rules.”

Nakano felt the seal grow hot. She needed it and she knew she needed it to hold back the urge to just kill and murder this woman, but she could feel the impulses. The Yamanaka seal was too weak. She had never really tested this seal before, and knew that if she did break the seal the Nakano without the seal would not want to put the seal back in place. She would need to fix the seal herself. But right now? Right this moment? She needed to punish this girl. Put fear in her heart so that she never thought about doing this again.

Nakano, reached for her back - she could hear Miyuki saying something - gloating probably and pulled the girl into the mud with her. Naknao entrapped Miyuki’s legs with her own. Miyuki was trying to force Nakano to change or release the leg lock but her eyes widened when she saw Nakano’s handseals. With an evil smile Nakano formed the final seal. Her body fell limp. Time stood still. It seemed the fight had ended. Miyuki stood up as the chuunin approached to investigate the fight that had been over in a virtual second. Miyuki formed several hand seals and with a morbid smile formed a chakra scalpel and proceeded to systematically dismantle the tendons and ligaments in her own legs, then the sensitive muscles around the eyes so that she no longer had the power to move her eyes or even her jaw, nor her legs. The chuunin witnessing what she was doing didn’t stop her, being unfamiliar with what technique they were witnessing and seemingly the fight being over they were trying to restore order.

Only then did Miyuki release her technique, and Nakano suddenly awoke. Nakano would have smiled if she still had control of her jaw as she heard the ear shattering scream of Miyuki who was now discovering all the parts of her own body that Nakano had disabled. Nakano had left her arms alone for the purposes of being able to form hand seals when she had returned to her own body and so she made the seals for the Mystical palm healing jutsu and repaired all the torn ligaments she had systematically done on Miyuki. Once she had completed her repairs, she stood, and the smile returned to her face. She had complete control over her own body with just a handful of jutsu. Nakano looked down in the mud at Miyuki pathetically trying to crawl away from her. Nakano grabbed the girl and flipped her over forcing her to look Nakano in the eyes with her eyes which had lost the power to blink or even look any direction other than that which gravity pulled them. Nakano grabbed Miyuki’s neck and put a little pressure - not too much to block breathing, but just enough to risk it. She could feel Miyuki’s fingers clawing into her wrists but Nakano didn’t release her hand. ”The only reason I don’t kill you is because you’re a member of Konohagakure’s no Sato’s Genin. But I hope you learned your lesson about what lengths I’m willing to go if you touch me or anything I own again. No Miyuki, I know we had a rocky history together - I was willing to forgive and forget your grudge because it was logical, but you pushed it too far. When I asked for forgiveness it was not out of a position of weakness. I Might not be as fast as you, or as strong as you, but I am - make no mistake about it - many times more dangerous than you ever could be - you useless piece of fodder.”

”That’s enough! Back off!” Nakano dropped Miyuki into the mud as a chuunin actually intervened and took charge of her confrontation.

”Unfortunately it looks like she got hurt in our confrontation, and is going to need medical attention. I recommend you take her there right away. Otherwise…She might never be able to walk again. She might not be able to talk again, hell, she might not even be able to blink.” Nakano’s face grew dark as she watched a horrified expression cross Miyuki’s slackened face - causing Nakano to laugh like an Ojou-sama. She wiped the tears from her eyes.

”Where do you think you’re going?” Nakano was about to walk away but a hand gripped her arm. She looked at the chuunin with an amused and equally dangerous expression, and the man let go of her. ”You’re coming with me.” He answered, although with a great deal less of confidence than he had just a minute before.

It seemed to Nakano that the chuunin was trying to find the leadership of this training gauntlet. He dragged her over towards one chuunin, and then to another asking the same question about if either of them had seen the jounin who was managing operations here. Eventually this line of questioning lead them to Akito.

”Sir!” the chuunin saluted. ”She blew up part of the course and got into a brawl with one of the other genin - the other genin had to be sent to medical tent to deal with extnesive injuries.”

Nakano looked at the man like he said an offensive word. ’/Extensive/’ ? Can’t you be more evocative with your descriptions? It was honestly a work of art.” Nakano looked up as if she could just barely see the vivid images in her minds eye. ”I severed her Vasus lateralis, then the vastus medialis obliquus and the quadriceps tendor. The patellar ligament, the lateral ligament collateral ligament and the medial collateral ligament. She won’t be able to move either of her legs, and she’ll be lucky if her kneecap stays in place. Ah nevermind. I forget that you buffoons only learn the organs that stop someone’s life. How rather dull.” Nakano began to explain to the chuunin. She honestly didn’t even feel like she was trying very hard but she can tell that she had frightened this chuunin so that he had began to take steps away from her and further away from Akito.

”S-sir!” the chuunin saluted.

She looked back at Akito. ”I did enjoy the softer look you had for the night life, but I can’t say I ever really get tired of seeing a fellow in uniform. I apologize about blowing up part of the gauntlet and also for what I did to the girl.” Nakano couldn’t really feel guilt, so how sorry was she was completely debatable, but she knew that she had ruined assets for Konoha and regretted her decision from a very logical position.

The ball would be in Akito’s court now of how he wanted to handle things. She was not a very easy woman to deal with, but Akito was already familiar with Nakano’s file and how there was a seal in her mind. It theoretically shouldn’t be possible for her to do what she had while the seal was in place, but despite the cruelty she hadn’t crossed the line of murder. It was already known that her mental health was being barely maintained by a fuuinjutsu. What would a jounin leaf do in this situation It certainly didn’t help that she was a Yamanaka, and while the clan held little love for Nakano - they would easily use it to politically strong arm the Hyuuga if the opportunity called for.

1800/600 = +3 Chakra Control

Izanagi

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Izanagi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:16 am

The air in Konoha was different lately, it was not so sweet and carefree. Passing faces had become resolute as citizen and shinobi alike found their conviction. A few short years of peace had been ripped away after the death of the Hokage some 4 months ago. And now scouts indicated Iwagakure was mustering forces to advance further into Wind country, with intel suggesting an intent to occupy Sunagakure itself. In response, the new Hokage, Awai Fanho had declared war on Iwagakure. Takeshi had been surprised, in his inauguration speech the 18th Hokage had spoken of peace and sustainability. They could have left Sunagakure to fend for themselves, and in fact, Anbu had recommended it. Leave them, secure only their clans if they looked like they might fall. This was an opinion Takeshi himself shared as a captain of the clandestine special forces organization.

But he couldn’t deny that he craved revenge. Kirigakure had taken his Grandfather, and Iwagakure had slain both his father and his elder brother. Takeshi was the last man standing in the shinobi lineage of the Natsuki bloodline. However, even as the village prepared for war, he had not been chosen to go to the front lines. It was with a conflicted sense of duty and desire to protect Konoha that he had accepted his role in standing as the first line of defense against Iwagakure or any of the allies that might test them. Truthfully, he wanted someone, anyone to come. It would not be like last time when Kirigakure invaded and forced him to hide and watch as the village was ravished. He was no longer a helpless child. This time he would fight. He only needed to steel his mind rather than let his anger consume him and lead him to a path of ruin.

Keeping a level head the teenage Special Jounin approached the training grounds. He had heard there was a special course set up, designed mostly to challenge Genin and Chunin but with an open combat arena available to those of Special Jounin and Jounin rank as well. He had dressed the part of a Hyuuga today, flowing white and blue robes, with his hair tied back and his hitae-ate across his forehead. Equipped with his sword at his hip and bow and quiver across his back he certainly looked ready for combat. ‘I wonder if there will be anyone strong enough to challenge me’ he thought. Growing up training with Bannin, it was rare that even Jounin were much challenge, but then he typically held back significantly among his peers, less he reveal his true strength and give an indication of his role within Anbu. He would attempt to present himself as no stronger than any other Special Jounin, as far as he was aware few outside of his family and his comrades within Anbu knew of his true strength.

He supposed he would have to let Nakano in soon and reveal his position within Anbu to her. Only a week prior had they decided to become a couple and he had intentionally been avoiding any Anbu training when she was scheduled. It was discouraged for ROOT members to know the identiy of squad captains and the commander, although Commander Sasaeru was fairly lax with policy within the compound. Nonetheless, Takeshi had his own squad of trainees that he was beginning to put together, a group of Genin prospects that he hoped to hone into deadly weapons. It would be a conflict of interest and far too personal to assign Nakano to be his direct underling. Commander Sasaeru or perhaps the newest squad captain would have to oversee her training. Takeshi wondered if and when Noeru would be restored his captain status and be cleared for active duty again. He was sure he could trust his closest friend to watch over Nakano on duty. It frustrated Takeshi that the commander still hadn’t allowed visitation with his former teammate who was still being monitored and cleared since being returned from capture. But throughout it all, Takeshi forced himself to remain focused. All would sort itself out in time, he need only be patient and trust in the process.

Still, he couldn’t deny that his life was changing rapidly. He had never imagined Nakano would ask him to move in with her immediately and certainly his mother and sisters hadn’t taken the news well. His twin, Kaori, especially had become distant and bitter. That wound hurt like no other, to have someone who was once inseparable look upon him with disgust and betrayal. Perhaps it would be beneficial to find some distance from his family, a new start. He had no choice but to commit all in towards this direction his life was going. This was what he surmised it was to grow up, to become a man. Would his father be proud of who he was becoming? He felt stronger, so perhaps he would.

Takeshi smiled softly as he thought of his father and his elder brother. It was often difficult to think of them without being engulfed in anger and despair, but he enjoyed the seldom moments he could recall their faces and smile. “I will protect this village, all these people. I have to” he vowed as he looked on at the training course and those working diligently to fight for their home and their families. It was then that he noticed Nakano getting into what looked like a heated argument with another woman. The teenager sighed. He wanted to intervene, but he was still a few hundred meters out and he wasn’t about to rush over a simple argument. Nakano was a grown woman, he was sure that she could handle herself. Or at least he figured it would be fine. He did however activate his Byakugan to watch her more closely however, though he maintained a steady stride toward the course.

Looking around briefly he recognized Masaru and Akito, each of them were new friends of sorts that he had made over the last week or two. How curious to see them both again so soon, but he supposed that was bound to happen more often if he continued actually training in broad daylight and at designated training grounds. His attention shifted back to Nakano as it seemed she and her rival were about to race one another. ‘This should be interesting’ he considered. He had seen the seductive Nakano and learned of the darker parts of her heart, even going as far as to read her file recently. But he hadn’t seen her competitive nature, from what he understood she tended to avoid direct confrontations and physical challenges.

It had started well, with Nakano taking an early lead and showing her aptitude for Suiton ninjutsu, but then the race quickly devolved into a fight in the mud following an unexpected explosion. A sudden pit grew in Takeshi’s stomach. Nakano was his girlfriend now, and he had agreed to move in with her as soon as they could find a suitable apartment to rent. But he worried about her greatly, he was responsible for her in more ways than one and ever since learning about her seal he had difficulty reconciling what would happen should it ever weaken or be removed. His eyes widened as he observed her mind transfer jutsu for the first time. “That’s enough Nakano, you’ve won” he muttered under his breath, moving into a jog as he approached; 150 meters. ‘Why aren’t they intervening?’ he noted, the silver-haired girl turned a chakra scalpel on herself. Akito at least was surely moving to action.

Dashing now, he closed to 100 meters in the time it took Nakano to heal her wounds. Finally, it seemed Akito and likely Masaru were beginning to intervene as Nakano straddled her opponent and grasped her throat. 50 meters, others were intervening, separating the women. Takeshi began to slow back into a jog. He exhaled slowly, glad it hadn’t escalated any worse, however glancing between Akito, Masaru and Nakano herself he found himself ashamed by her aggressive actions toward another Konoha shinobi. Now more than ever they each needed to fan the flames of the Will of Fire. They needed comradery and trust in one another. Tensions were high and some handled stress worse than others, perhaps it could be overlooked but he knew what he had seen. Nakano was slipping, the seal wasn’t holding as well as it should. He would have to report this to Commander Sasaeru, perhaps even have Inoairi take a look at Nakano. That was what he should do at least. But what if his commanding officer deemed her a lost cause, a liability? He wasn’t sure that was a risk he was willing to take.

With a stern expression he approached in such a way to avoid direct sight from Nakano, but he was sure Akito at least would notice him. 20 meters away and within earshot, he listened in on the damage report Nakano proudly rattled off. Her precision and medical knowledge was impressive, as expected of a Anbu trainee who had studied under the notorious Kyoukan Chiaki during the Iron Banner festival. He approached from behind Nakano, moving swiftly and silently as his father had taught him during their many hunting trips. His gaze locked with Akito’s, forlorn. He felt conflicted, he wanted to protect Nakano, but it pained him to see for himself how callous she was toward injuring one of her own. If it had been an Iwagakure or Kirigakure shinobi, Takeshi would have done far worse and not felt even the slightest inkling of regret or remorse, but he truly believed that Konoha shinobi should treat one another as family. It was a strong lesson that his father and elder brother had instilled in him and he hoped to keep their spirit alive within himself by maintaining their strength of will and character. That, he surmised was the best way he could honour their final sacrifices. “Nakano, was that really necessary?” he responded calmly. He couldn’t find it in himself to be angry with her, not over this. It was more a feeling of disappointment and concern. However, he would fall silent as Akito spoke and determined if a punishment was necessary. The man did outrank him, but Takeshi was still ready to step in and defend Nakano if needed. His sense of justice was strong, but even stronger was his sense of loyalty toward those he cared about.

1750/350 (+5 Willpower) *Scaled Sheer Determination
Jutsu UsedShow
Byakugan
Silent Movement
C-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
A fundamental skill in a hunter’s repertoire, Takeshi has learned to move at up to half his speed stat without making any discernable sounds. Even in thick foliage he can identify and navigate around fragile twigs and dry leaves and step on vegetation in a way as to not make a sound and similarly even draw weapons undetected unless the opponent has an applicable perception technique of equal or greater rank.

Lurking in the Shadows
C-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
This pseudo-camouflage technique doesn’t grant any form of true invisibility, simply it dictates Takeshi’s ability to approach and stalk his targets unseen or similarly retreat quickly. Much like the animals of the forest he can seem to disappear simply by stepping into foliage or the slightest forms of cover, knowing exactly how to navigate any natural or artificial obstructions that may present itself without exposing himself to visual observation unless his opponent has a visual perception jutsu of equal or higher rank.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Drak

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Drak » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:53 am

Akito was pacing the field, observing both the genin scrambling through the course as well as the chuunin who had been set against them. He admired the wide variety of techniques he saw applied to the challenges of the course. A young Fuuton user launched himself over the earthen wall, crawled through the mud assailed by Masaru’s fireballs, and then skated across the wire with ease. Another genin – clearly a budding taijutsu user from the bodysuit he sported – sprinted up the wall, took a flying leap into the mud of the crawl, and when he emerged, was able to use his speed to cross the wire while avoiding the shuriken lobbed at him.

Akito also watched many of the genin head into the sparring arena. He observed several matches there, making mental notes of any especially impressive genin.

Hmm, although it seems that this sparring format grants genin with a Fuuton affinity a major advantage. They can both better avoid falling to the spikes below and have more techniques for rescuing themselves should they plummet.

He returned to the obstacle course to watch Masaru’s weather plan go into action: three chuunin combined their efforts to produce an excellent simulacrum of a storm. The Suiton and Fuuton experts combined their forces to produce a driving rain, while a Raiton user peppered the poor genin with imitation lightning bolts.

The lightning may be a bit much. I’ve never seen a storm here send quite so much lighting down on such a small area, but it makes for good practice nonetheless.

As Akito began walking back to the sparring field, someone came sprinting up behind him. Akito turned to see a kunoichi rush up to him. She was sporting the beige uniform and bandana forehead protector favored by many chuunin for more clerical work.

“We have a situation, sir. Near the mud crawl,” she stated, seemingly confused.

“What happened?” Akito asked.

“I’ve been told there’s been a fight. They need you there right away.”

“Are the chuunin fighting? Why do they need me?”

“Two genin I think, but it sounds serious.”

Akito rushed over to the mud crawl, activating his Byakugan more out of habit in a crisis than anything. As he approached he could feel the mood getting more and more tense. Two medics ran past him, carrying a young woman on a stretcher between them. As he strode over, the small crowd that had gathered parted and a chuunin burst through, with a bristling Nakano in tow. Behind them in the crowd, Akito could make out the face of Takeshi.

Of course it had to be Nakano…. What was it that happened here? A fight over Takeshi maybe? Damn, why did it have to be the two of them?
Quote:
”Sir!” the chuunin saluted. ”She blew up part of the course and got into a brawl with one of the other genin - the other genin had to be sent to medical tent to deal with extensive injuries.”
Akito thought back to the girl he had seen on the stretcher. The other genin? What did she do to her? And how did all of this start?

Before Akito could ask the questions running through his mind, Nakano interrupted.
Quote:
”’/Extensive/’ ? Can’t you be more evocative with your descriptions? It was honestly a work of art. I severed her Vasus lateralis, then the vastus medialis obliquus and the quadriceps tendon. The patellar ligament, the lateral ligament collateral ligament and the medial collateral ligament. She won’t be able to move either of her legs, and she’ll be lucky if her kneecap stays in place. Ah nevermind. I forget that you buffoons only learn the organs that stop someone’s life. How rather dull.”
Akito’s eyes went wide, the increased contrast of his active Byakugan granting a new emotional depth to his face. There was shock there, and worry, but also disappointment. His mind immediately went to the ANBU dossier he had been provided at the outset of their mission together.
Quote:
The Konoha ANBU placed a seal inside of her mind to control her desire to kill and to ensure loyalty to the village. She will follow all legal orders given by her superior officers, and can’t take any action that would harm Konoha.The seal can be released if necessary, but re-engaging it would require the Yamanaka clan’s support.
This sounds like a failure or a release of that seal. Even if not, and this is expected behavior this is not something to be accepted. In either case, this calls for someone who is an expert on her mental seal. That means ANBU. Worse for me, that means the Yamanaka. Ugh, I don’t look forward to that meeting: even if she’s not fully integrated into the clan they may choose to side with her. And even though on paper I am a member of the Hyuuga clan, they might not choose to protect me. Why do I even go so far for them if they might not— no that’s a thought for later. Right now this situation needs my full attention.

I don’t need to make a final decision here: that’s for ANBU and the Yamanaka to make. The laws and customs of the village at large will protect me if I need to forcibly apprehend her, even if the fallout won’t be pretty. Hopefully, Nakano surrenders without any need for violence. If she doesn’t go peacefully, I can take her easily as long as Takeshi doesn’t intervene. With this many chuunin under my command around, we might be able to take him as well, but his strength is well-known, so that is far from a given. I need to work this situation to my advantage. First thing first: I need to call for ANBU and the Yamanaka, so Takeshi sees that I’m placing the situation into the right hands. Second: I’ll ask Nakano to surrender peacefully. If she does, I or one of the chuunin here can bind her and escort her to the observation tower to wait. If not, I will need to convince Takeshi not to come to her aid when I need to subdue her.

Akito sighed. He looked at the scared chuunin just behind Nakano.

“You,” Akito ordered, his face becoming stern. “Run to the village headquarters. Tell them what has happened here, and that they need to send ANBU, now. Tell them that we have already called for a representative of the Yamanaka.”

A murmur went through the crowd.
“Call ANBU?”
“Is this really that serious?”
“What is happening?”

Akito turned his head to the chuunin who had first called him over. “That will be your job. Go to the Yamanaka estate, tell them what happened and that they need to send a representative immediately.”

The two chuunin nodded their heads and departed, running hard for their respective destinations.

“Takeshi-kun,” Akito said, choosing the honorific to emphasize that he was the elder and the higher-rank shinobi. “I know you want to protect her, but please, I beseech you, do not interfere now. There are forces at play which you may be unaware of. Though our minds may be cloudy, I do not seek to deceive you, so do not let your heavy heart break now.”

He prayed that his reference to The Will of Fire – the words at the heart of Konoha’s whole ethos – would be enough to sway Takeshi.

Akito turned his head back to face Nakano, his brows furrowed and his gaze sharp and focused. He took a step forward with his left foot, turning it inward slightly as he settled back subtly on his bent right leg. His arms came up, palms facing out. Invisibly, chakra surged into Akito’s hands and fingers. He took a deep breath and settled into the Palm Dance Divination stance.

“Nakano,” he said, his voice threateningly calm. “If you do, truly, understand your transgression you also understand why I must do this. If you have any shred of trust in me, believe me when I say that I have no wish to harm you. But, also know that if you try to resist subdual and do further harm to any fellow ninja of Konoha, I will do so without a second thought. Now, if you please, surrender: kneel down, hands at your sides.”

Word Count: 1,206 / 600 => Control + 2
Jutsu UsedShow
  • Byakugan Active
  • ~Jyuuken :: Palm Dance of Divination
    D-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver
    The fundamental basis of Jyuuken, the user will focus chakra into their hands. For three posts the user is able to inject the chakra within the opponent’s body upon successful contact, dealing damage to the internal structures of the body rather than the external. This has a painful effect on the muscles and blood vessels within the body, causing bruising at the touch.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Diatenshi

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Diatenshi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:16 pm

Masaru was focused on his task and to be honest he did get a bit of joy when a genin would fail to notice a fire ball and get hit on the bum. It was a strange form of satisfaction he was unaccustomed to and after organizing his thoughts he realized it originated from Iburu. A strange sense of superiority that reveled in putting weaker lesser beings in their place. Astonished and revolted Masaru called for a swap and left his position and began analyzing the set up. 'Hey I was enjoying that! It's funny to watch them struggle and squirm. Kekeke.
Iburu complained within Masaru's head, causing the latter to scowl in distaste.

'Precisely why I left. It's not a laughing matter! These young men and women may be putting their lives on the line to defend our village. I will not have you make a mockery of their efforts.' Masaru quietly retorted in his head. The worse part of this was the shame. He had enjoyed it along with Iburu though not necessarily in the same manner. Objectively, watching someone get hit on the rear and grab their buttox while yelping was funny. But to feel a sense of superiority over them left him feeling guilty. Perhaps he'd been letting Iburu influence his mind more than he'd been aware of.

As he walked lost in his thoughts he found himself approaching the weather simulacrum. He paused in his step, noticing the high frequency of the lightning blast. 'That's a tad bit too much. And its from the wrong angle. Instead of from the side they should be coming from above...' He allowed the issue to distract him from his personal troubles and set about making a much higher wall for the raiton user to stand from to adjust the angle of his shots.

Focusing his chakra he'd slam his palms down on the ground after guiding his chakra with seals. A large tower like wall of earth would rise up opposite from the observation deck so as to not block the supervisor's line of sight. He gazed at his handy work and clapped his hands shaking loose the dirt that had soiled them. 'This should remedy the issue. That and telling them to decrease the rate at which they release lightning blast. I could also toss some weak wooden kunai down into the mix to substitute wind tossed twigs and the like being thrown about by the storm.'

He went over to the raiton wielding chuunin and noticed the smirk on his face. He wanted to reprimand him but couldn't find it in himself to do so after he just caught himself doing the same. Instead, he'd simply relay instructions. "We're going to have you stand up above so the angle of the lightning jutsu matches real lightning more closely. Also, use the jutsu less frequently. The only time lightning strikes like that is when it's manmade and were trying to simulate natural weather."

After giving instructions Masaru prepares to craft some wooden kunai to throw into the wind but was distracted by a gathering at another point along the obstacle course. He notices Akita handling a situation personally but the lower ranked personnel are clearly being distracted. It was then he noticed a genin being taken to the medical tent via a stretcher and realized someone had been severely injured, odd considering the obstacle course didn't present any risk that would result in such a full paralysis.

Masaru made his way over and rather than trying to saye his curiosity began ushering the others out. "Back to work. Nothing to see here. It's training time!" Masaru called out to the throng of soldiers, genin and even some chuunin. His voice seemed to fall upon deaf ears as they continued to gossip and stare the group of people only growing larger.

With an irritated growl he began forming the required hand seals. Seeing as his words had little effect he would resort to more physical means. He created a small series of walls cutting off the incident from the rest of the obstacle course. "I said move it! The time you're wasting gawking would be better spent training. Are you going to get distracted like this on the battlefield and gossip like ninnies!? Back to work. If anyone would like to voice a complaint they can meet me on the sparring arena for a one on one counseling." His chakra surged into his left hand and as he held up his fist, ignited, seemingly morphing his hand entirely into flames.
Group training+event
Thread total: 2185/600 +3 Control
Last edited by Diatenshi on Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by HotelBravo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:32 pm

”Takeshi…You are…distressed?” She was somewhat amused that he had been so sneaky. She actually really liked that he had snuck up on her. She wanted to learn how he did that, but the tone of his voice sounded… hurt. Disappointed. She didn’t want to hurt Takeshi. ”I don’t understand Takeshi. ” She went through the events that she had been so proud of not even that long ago. The race, the fight. She couldn’t find anythingg that her actions that didn’t make sense. The seal had slipped for a moment, but she had retained self control. She had managed to keep the beast at bay and didn’t claim the girls life, though she could sense that she had very much wanted to. She wished she could explain, but the seal prevented her from talking about the seal. Ah, but it didn’t stop her from thinking about it. She closed her eyes. ”Takeshi, my commitment to you extends to a promise to protect you as well, and I consider this to include you emotionally as well. Help me understand what I did wrong. I’ll share with you my memories so you can understand my perspective, and I need you to explain why you are distressed.” Nakano eyed the chuunin who had been escorting her, who backed off. She held out a hand and placed it on Takeshi’s head.She performed the memory exchange technique.

Normally this technique did not allow one to send one’s mental state and other sensations to the receiver. This was mostly to protect them as mental state and memories of injuries can cause trauma, but Takeshi had a strong mind. Nakano felt like he did at least. This was her first time ever touching minds with him before. She poured her memories into Takeshi. He would now have her memories - see what she saw, felt what she saw. It was a memory from Nakano’s perspective, and he would be able to feel the seal that was in her mind and how it performed during the encounter. With his knowledge of the seal he would also be able tto determine why the seal had slipped. She was allowed to defend herself. The seal purposefully let her protect herself, but what Nakano considered self-defense was much different than what someone else might. Once the transfer was complete she removed her hand from Takeshi.

Akito had been barking orders during this time, and now he addressed Takeshi directly. Nakano narrowed her eyes at him. Did he know about the seal? He had sent for the anbu and the yamanaka. She checked to see if the suspicious alone would loosen her tongue and allow her to talk about it. It did not. Well she wasn’t going to fight the seal right now, there was really no reason to. The appeal to the Will of Fire was very sentimental. Akito turned towards her and took a combat stance towards her. Nakano felt that she had been nothing but cordial with him. He hadn’t struck her yet, and so the self defense restraints were not yet released. She had to be sure.

”Hyuuga-sama…” She began, a threatening tone in her voice to match Akito’s calm. Nakano took a step and placed herself between Takeshi and Akito, she held a hand back defensively towards Takeshi, as one does when trying to keep someone behind them. To protect them. She didn’t take a combative stance herself but a cautious one. An undecided stance. She was ready to defend herself if she determined this man was actually an enemy. A hand hovered in the air - it was clear that she’d reach for a shuriken from her thigh holster if Akito didn’t back down and then she’d grab a shuriken. Only that was what her ploy was. She’d rely on the yamanaka jutsu, and the moment he charged he’d walk right into the mind body transference. But no, she wasn’t gathering or molding chakra yet - there was still doubt whether he was an enemy or not. She had become well aware from Takeshi’s distress that she must have done something wrong, and so his response was somewhat logical, and yet she found his reaction overblown. ”I recognize the Hyuuga Taijutsu stance when I see it. Are you preparing to harm me? Are you an enemy? I do not want to distress Dear Takeshi any further and I ask you to please stop threatening me and I will comply with your lawful orders.”

If he backed down, she would immediately comply and kneel down with her hands at her sides.

776/350 +2 control
Last edited by HotelBravo on Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izanagi

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Izanagi » Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:29 pm

Takeshi felt a wave of pity overcome him as he realized Nakano didn’t realize what she had done was wrong. It wasn’t her fault, there was something damaged about her mind, an inability to feel true remorse and empathy. He wished he could simply heal her mind, let her feel the full range of emotions that made a person truly human. “It was just a race. You didn’t need to harm a comrade just to win” he started, but he realized he was still not understanding the full picture. There was more to it than that. It had seemed personal, and there had been a look in Nakano’s eyes that indicated she enjoyed the other girl being at her mercy. He understood her craving for violence, at least he had read about it. But it was different to see it in person. He wanted to have a long talk with her alone, to truly understand her and help her realize where the line was. He knew in his heart that she could be redeemed, that she was still a loyal kunoichi of Konoha and someone that was deserving of love and compassion. He could help her; he knew he could. If only he had enough time and was able to stay at her side.

He frowned, glaring at Akito as the man sent for Anbu and a Yamanaka representative. “I can handle this” he growled, stepping forward next to Nakano. He wouldn’t let anyone harm her.
Quote:
”Takeshi, my commitment to you extends to a promise to protect you as well, and I consider this to include you emotionally as well. Help me understand what I did wrong. I’ll share with you my memories so you can understand my perspective, and I need you to explain why you are distressed.” Nakano eyed the chuunin who had been escorting her, who backed off. She held out a hand and placed it on Takeshi’s head.She performed the memory exchange technique.
The young man nodded, trusting Nakano completely as he opened his mind to her. As her memories poured into him he realized he had missed a key detail. Miyuki had attacked first. As excessive as Nakano’s response may have seemed she was simply defending herself by disabling her opponent, all while resisting the urge to kill her. That urge, he felt it through her, how hot it had burned. It was worse even than the corrupting impulses brought on by his cursed weapons. Takeshi recoiled slightly, he felt afraid. Not of Nakano, but rather for her. He exhaled slowly, centering himself as he pulled the woman into a tight embrace. He didn’t care that she was covered in mud. “I think I understand now. And I know about the seal. There are some things I haven’t been forthright about, but I ask you to trust me. I will protect you” he said to her softly, whispering into her ear.

Nakano moved in front of him as Akito settled into a Jyuuken stance. ‘Whatever darkness is within her. She does care’ he considered. It may not have been love, but it was something. Certainly he was infatuated, refusing to believe there was any possibility she might only be manipulating him for her own gain. Takeshi’s Byakugan still active, his hand moved to the hilt of his sword as he felt a wave of anger surge through him. “This doesn’t need to escalate. Don’t make me hurt you Akito-Senpai” he warned, flinching as he felt his sword calling him to action. Still, he acknowledged the Jounin’s words, his lawful orders. While this matter was more Takeshi’s jurisdiction than Akito’s, he couldn’t reveal his credentials here. He would have to ensure Nakano complied and then he could handle matters properly as an Anbu captain. The man insisted he had no desire to harm Nakano, and ordered her to stand down. Slowly Takeshi’s hand moved from his sword, “Do as he says Nakano. I won't let any harm come to you” he insisted. “She was only defending herself. Don’t take any action that could be perceived as an attack” he warned Akito. “I know how to get in contact with Anbu. My family often has them stationed on protection detail. I’ll be right back” he stated, it was a better alternative to the Chunin going through the Hokage and interrupting his busy schedule to get in touch with Anbu.

And with that, Takeshi sped off at a Speed of 25, easily catching up to and relieving the Chunin of his duties. With that, the teenager would be off, toward his family home located closer to the Inuzuka compound than the Hyuuga. Once he was well out of sight he would deviate toward the closest access point into the secret network of tunnels deep beneath the village. There he would enter the Anbu conclave, perform a shadow clone jutsu and change into his Anbu attire, while handing his sword and ring over to the shadow clone. He would also tie his hair up, activate a voice changer Fuuinjutsu in his mask and don his white robes signifying his position as a squad captain. Returning within the span of half an hour the Anbu operative in a red bird mask would arrive first on the scene, moving at a Speed of 30 while Takeshi’s shadow clone trailed behind, breathing heavily. “You did the right thing. Captain Tengu. I’ll take things from here. I was told a representative from the Yamanaka clan was called, where are they?” the masked operative stated after arriving on the scene. “Just whatever you do, don’t hurt her" Takeshi insisted, arriving several moments afterward. “You’ve done your part. Stand down. This is an ANBU matter. If she complies she will be released unharmed by the end of the day” the operative insisted.

886/700 (+2 Anger)
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Ninjutsu • Shadow Clone Technique]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user proceeds to create a number of clones of themselves (maximum is equal to 1/3rd the users Chakra Pool). Unlike the Clone Technique, these clones are actual copies of the user in both appearance and substance. The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each clone an equal fraction of the user's overall power. The clones are capable of performing jutsu on their own, be given complex commands, caught in genjutsu, and can even bleed, but they will usually disperse after one or two solid blows. The clones will be created in roughly the same condition as the original and any experience the clones gain during their existence is transferred to the user once they are dispersed. Given that the clones are an exact replica of the user, they share the same stats except for Chakra Pool, which is determined by the number of clones presently in effect.
Last edited by Izanagi on Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Drak

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Drak » Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:37 am

Quote:
“Are you preparing to harm me? Are you an enemy?”
Akito stood there, arms raised, in stance, thinking back to what he had read in the dossier.

I’m not privy to all of the intricacies of her seal, but I do know that self defense is the one stated exception to the seal’s powers. The specific nature of her questions and the fact that she hasn’t tried to attack yet makes me think that – maybe, just maybe – the seal hasn’t broken. But if that is the case, what happened earlier? Did the other girl start it? Or at least, did she strike the first blow?
Quote:
“This doesn’t need to escalate. Don’t make me hurt you Akito-Senpai”
“You are right, Takeshi. It does not. As long as Nakano complies and that sword of yours stays in its scabbard there will be no reason for any of this to escalate. ANBU and some Yamanaka will arrive, and we can all resolve this peacefully.” Akito’s gaze moved over to Nakano. “As I said, I have no desire to harm you, Nakano. But you must see how this looks. I would be a poor appraiser of the situation were I not ready to defend myself.”

Akito’s face remained calm, but his heart was pounding. His stance remained strong.

Nakano alone I could handle. It would be the speed of my attack against the speed of her Body Substitution jutsu. More specifically, the speed of her hand seals. Even if she throws something at me, if I can grab one of her arms, I can immobilize it with Jyuuken and prevent her from using more seals, or even from fighting effectively. If Takeshi takes her side, I doubt I can win. From my estimation, he’s at least as strong as I am, which would make going up against both of them a losing proposition. Even with the support of the chuunin here, it would be a tough fight, and that is if they are able to intervene quickly enough. My best bet may be to stand down. Even if the girl absconds, the blame for that will lay solely with her and with Takeshi.
Quote:
“She was only defending herself. Don’t take any action that could be perceived as an attack”
“Is this true?” Akito barked at the gathered chuunin. “Surely, one of you must have seen what transpired?”

“I- I did s-sir,” another one of the course attendants stepped forward. He pointed at Nakano. “She used explosive tags to blow the barbed wire away after the other one had gone through the crawl. When she ran through the cleared path, the other one tripped her and pinned her with a foot on her back.”

Then it was self defense, technically. Still, the scale of her response worries me and should not be cause to dismiss this. The fact that Takeshi volunteered to get the ANBU agents is suspicious. I suppose he could be plotting something to get her out of this situation, but that seems an odd thing to do for a new partner. I can file a conspiracy concocted on the spot between them as unlikely, even with whatever jutsu Nakano used. Most likely, Takeshi was telling the truth and he can fetch an ANBU agent quickly. Or, he is the ANBU agent who would be coming to handle this. In either case, it is out of my hands now.

Akito lowered his hands and stood up out of the Jyuuken stance, though his Byakugan was still active and – unknowably to anyone there now that Takeshi was gone – he was still focusing chakra into his palms, just in case.

Even out of stance, there are techniques which I can call on to end this quickly should she be lying.

“There,” Akito said, his normal, upright posture now fully returned. “Now, if you please.”

WC: 606/600 => Chakra Pool +1

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

HotelBravo

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by HotelBravo » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:56 am

Nakano had let Takeshi look directly into her mind. She was worried about what he would think about it. She was not someone who was vulnerable to petty insults, but this was the one place where she was the weakest - she feared rejection because of what went on in her mind. It wasn’t entirely in her control, but she feared that rejection and she had secretly braced for it. She was like tempered glass. Strong, resistant, but if hit in just the right way she would shatter into a thousand pieces. She had unknowingly given Takeshi her biggest weakness. Maybe he had realized it, perhaps he hadn’t.

He pulled her into a tight embrace. It was comforting to be cradled by strong arms. It made her instinctively feel security. She was able to resolve things on her own, but the fact that it seemed that he did not reject what he saw, reject what she felt. It was a great sense of relief, more than he could realize. For Nakano as well, she recognized that Takeshi was an Ideal mate. Someone who could be trusted. She hadn’t made a mistake in agreeing to be exclusive to him. She would reward him. She knew he probably felt more than she did in this moment, so lacking the reciprocation he needed she would think of some way to show that his loyalty had value to her. That his feelings did. Typically one did so simply by sharing those feelings, but lacking empathy, Nakano couldn’t do that, but she would think of something. “I think I understand now. And I know about the seal. There are some things I haven’t been forthright about, but I ask you to trust me. I will protect you” She couldn’t help by give him a genuine if not brief smile. ”Oh, I do like surprises. I’ll trust you Takeshi.” And silently she ~Ninjutsu • Communion of Mind with Mind to communicate to him mentally. The contact was brief, just a tease, but she showed him what she wanted to do to him, and what she wanted him to do to her, and it was things that were better left unsaid in the presence of polite company.

“You are right, Takeshi. It does not. As long as Nakano complies and that sword of yours stays in its scabbard there will be no reason for any of this to escalate. ANBU and some Yamanaka will arrive, and we can all resolve this peacefully.” Akito responded to Takeshi’s threat. To Nakano he seemed to maintain that infuriating calm demeanor. It was actually rather impressive how analytical that he had managed to be. In this situation Nakano couldn’t help but begin to realize that this nature of his had been his weakness. He was over thinking things.“As I said, I have no desire to harm you, Nakano. But you must see how this looks. I would be a poor appraiser of the situation were I not ready to defend myself.” It was all starting to come together. A realization, a dark and dangerous one took hold in her mind. Oh what fun what fun! Was he scared of her? She was practically chomping at the bit, but she decided to stand back and let Takeshi handle this. She took on an amused and very much smug expression, though it wasn’t for anything that Takeshi was doing.

“Do as he says Nakano. I won't let any harm come to you” She shot a side eye towards Takeshi. Doubt. Fear. She could feel these and she felt them when he spoke those words. It stung a little but at the same time she had agreed to trust him and he knew about the seal. She knew as well that his mind wasn’t broken like hers. She was trusting that he could see how to navigate through this situation peacefully, and preferably one that didn’t leave her either dead or in confinement. She knew the Anbu kept close tabs on her. She knew they had to. She didn’t blame them for what they did, she was dangerous.

”Alright Takeshi, I’ll do as you ask. Because I /trust/ you.” She was rarely scared but she let Takeshi know with the tone of her voice that she was worried about what would happen if she surrendered. She was giving up the option of defending herself. Nakano wasn’t necessarily afraid of death. She was more concerned that she might live. Live and be confined in a cell, or have her chakra removed, or have her mind tampered with even more. She didn’t want any of those things to happen and all of them became possibilities the moment she surrendered. She hoped Takeshi could see that with his Byakugan.

“She was only defending herself. Don’t take any action that could be perceived as an attack”

“Is this true?” Akito turned to the chuunin who had escorted Nakano to Akito. “She used explosive tags to blow the barbed wire away after the other one had gone through the crawl. When she ran through the cleared path, the other one tripped her and pinned her with a foot on her back.” The man had begun to explain back to Akito. Nakano could see the cogs turning in his mind already - processing… processing. “There,” He released his stance. “Now, if you please.”

Takeshi moved away from her and Nakano felt that warmth and safety leave. She didn’t like the sensation. She frowned at the brief realization before taking a neutral expression. Covered in Mud as she was, she knelt before Akito as instructed with her arms at her side. ”You like your girls on their knees I see.” She made a quick comment with that same teasing manner that she was known for. One wouldn’t know that she might be inches away from having her life turned upside down, although she certainly felt that fear in her gut like a cold ball of ice. It had been a while since she had felt fear. It wasn’t altogether unpleasant, but in the right amounts that is. She thought that the right measurements of fear and pain might even be fun. Takeshi was a bit too much of a boy scout for that but maybe she could stoke those darker flames… She had seen the hints of his anger just now. There was some kind of fire there, and again at the teahouse.

Nakano liked those flames.

. “I know how to get in contact with Anbu. My family often has them stationed on protection detail. I’ll be right back” Takeshi seemed to have calmed and began to reason with Akito. Nakano couldn’t help but note that they were both Family, so the whole “My Family” part of his sentence was an odd choice of words. Would Akito call him out? Takeshi had often said that he was a half breed, perhaps that was why he didn’t consider himself family with the main hyuuga? So that would be another thing that they shared. She recalled when she had met Takeshi’s uncle how… strict he had been. No more half breeds he had said, but Nakano couldn’t help but imagine a little child that was part of her and part Takeshi. Heir to both clans, but half breeds of both clans. She found a sudden instinct in herself that she wasn’t even aware of. It was a woman’s instinct to be a mother, and she had it. Somehow. That was weird. Her mind seemed to be becoming a stranger place by the day.

Time passes

“You did the right thing. Captain Tengu. I’ll take things from here. I was told a representative from the Yamanaka clan was called, where are they?” Captain Tengu as he was calling himself finally arrived. Nakano had been on her knees at this point for nearly a half hour. She was getting nearly to her limit and desperately wanted to stand and stretch out her limbs. It was only her discipline that managed to keep her from squirming. She didn’t want to scare poor little Akito after all.

“Just whatever you do, don’t hurt her" Takeshi called. He was… it was confusing to hear that kind of Desperation from him. It actually made her scared a little. She tried to look him in the eyes. She was searching for some kind of reassurance even as the Anbu addressed Akito. Nakano didn’t like it when Takeshi was scared. She liked when he was confident. Dominant. She liked to play hard to get and have him real her back in. It was a fun game. She liked Angry Takeshi, and Jealous Takeshi. That fire that burned in him. It was attractive. Scared Takeshi? Something must be wrong was the only logical conclusion. She needed reassurance, but those milky white Byakugan eyes were so hard to read when one wanted to be subtle.

1500 /350 +4 Speed
Last edited by HotelBravo on Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kabu

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Kabu » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:23 pm

What was the world coming to lately? So many things seemed to be going wrong in only a few years... First there had been a war which had taken a good many lives and then Masami-Sensei had been murdered and then Iwa had declared war on suna and their first invasion had resulted in the death of their Hokage. To make matters even worse she had been hearing talk of plans for even Konoha to declare war. It was almost enough to break even Inokara who for perhaps the first time found herself at a loss for how to approach the situation. Was her usual approach enough or as an adult and Jounin should she be treating it all with a bit more gravitas?

These were thoughts she found herself having as she dashed towards the training grounds, having been summoned to deal with a situation. It was a day off from the cafe and she had been thinking about training while she had the chance anyways so it was really quite welcome. The situation she was meant to deal with however was apparently very much not... She didn't know the full breadth of the matter as she had perhaps jumped the gun a bit and ran out of her house before the messenger had finished explaining but she did realize it was an emergency. She had gotten better about it through her years of being a waitress but patience had never really been one of her strong points. That was only amplified when she felt someone may be in trouble, which admittedly had led to she and her teammates getting into trouble which then had led to scoldings from Masami-Sensei.

Upon arrival she spotted several shinobi already on the scene, a fellow Yamanaka and both a Hyuuga and Senju as well as a masked man. There was definitely tension in the air, moreso than usual of late, and she really didn't like it. It felt like if she didn't step in then a brawl would break out at any second.

"Sorry I took so long, I got here as fast as I could. Now let's all just drop the hostility and try to talk this out okay? We already have enough to worry about without fighting amongst ourselves." she spoke as she approached. "I'm sure we can resolve this matter peacefully and without any fuss."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

[Open] The Will of Fire

Post by Drak » Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:40 pm

“You like your girls on their knees I see.”

An eye roll, more perceptible because of his active Byakugan, broke through Akito’s cool exterior.

Yes, Nakano, this was all a ploy to get you on your knees. As if there weren’t better, easier ways to-

Akito nipped his thought in the bud. Seeing that the threat had passed, he deactivated his Byakugan too.

If she tries anything, I can always reactivate it. Furthermore, I have plenty of other jutsus which I can apply.

“I really am sorry it came to this, Nakano,” Akito said. “Seeing you like this brings me no joy. I am glad that there was no need to come to blows.”

“If you want to get some of that mud off, I am sure one of the chuunin with Suiton abilities would be willing to help you with that,” Akito offered after a short time.

When Takeshi returned with the ANBU representative, Akito turned to greet them.

“Thank you for coming, Captain Tengu. I am Hyuuga Akito, jounin rank,” Akito said, taking a cue from what he thought was Takeshi. “Stop me if you heard all of this from Takeshi. While supervising this training, it was brought to my attention that there had been a fight on the course. Upon investigating, I saw that one of the combatants, a genin-”

Akito stopped his briefing suddenly. He spied a young, Yamanaka-blonde woman running towards them.

“Apologies for stopping so suddenly, but I think that is the Yamanaka representative rushing towards us right now. I would prefer both of you to receive the same briefing.”

Akito waited a moment for the woman to get closer. Her plea for a peaceful solution fell on sympathetic ears.

“Good afternoon Yamanaka-san. Luckily for all of us, the worst of the hostilities have died down. I have no desire for any additional fighting,” he said to Inokara. “My name is Hyuuga Akito, rank: jounin. Thank you for coming so quickly, even when summoned by the scion of a rival.”

Akito went back to addressing the assembled group.

“I was supervising the training exercise today. One of the course chuunin brought to my attention that there had been a fight on the grounds. By the time I arrived, it was over. One of the combatants, a genin named Miyuki, had been sent to the medical tent to treat her injuries. Her injuries were severe: Nakano-” Akito gestured to her “- used a Yamanaka mind control jutsu to take control of Miyuki’s body, and then used Chakra Scalpel to sever several muscle groups in her eyes and legs. We are still awaiting news from the medics on whether or not she will recover her functions to walk or move her eyes. Upon arrival, I assumed that the seal on Nakano’s mind – which I was made aware of during the course of a prior mission – had broken, and so I called for ANBU and a Yamanaka representative. Nakano surrendered when requested, and has been waiting cooperatively since then. While you were en route, it was discovered Miyuki was in fact the one to strike the first blow. However, from what I know of the seal, such a response still may indicate problems with it.”

Akito took a deep breath in through his nose and let it out in what was almost a sigh.

“If you have any questions for me, please ask them now. With that, I release Nakano into your custody. I would assume that means ANBU with supervision from the Yamanaka. Or vice-versa. Captain, will you need me to make a formal statement, or will my briefing suffice?”

WC: 602/600 => Chakra Pool +1

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”