Prepare for War

Open Training

Diatenshi

Prepare for War

Post by Diatenshi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 11:37 am

In the wee hours of the morning before the sun had rose, Masaru awoke suddenly to his alarm. He quickly set about his morning routine getting dressed and having a small yet balanced breakfast.

'Good morning Iburu. I'll be counting on you to keep my body from falling apart later,' he said to the wildfire sealed within his body, an easy going smile gracing his face.

'As if anyone else could keep up with your lunacy. Hmph,' the father of rebirth snorted back in response. The two of them had certainly grown to trust one another and no longer had an antagonistic relationship, despite Iburu's blatant distaste for mankind and their civilizations. Masaru merely chuckled in response taking another bite off his apple knowing full well that was Iburu's version of "I've got your back."

Breakfast devoured, Masaru's orange eyes were firm with resolve as he stepped out on to the dimly lit streets clad in the traditional samurai styled garb of the Senju clan, the brisk winter air chilling his skin. He was going to put in the work and bust his ass training today. With war declarations all around, it was beginning to look like another great shinobi war in the making. In order to protect his home and keep casualties to a minimum, everyone had to do their part.

His was ensuring the genin were trained and to keep up with his own training as well. He'd sent out letters to various genin and other chuunin that would be responsible for village defense letting them know he'd be organizing a recon and combat oriented training in the woods around the village. Training bag in hand, Masaru ventured outside of the serene confines of the village into the woods just beyond, where the sounds of nature intertwined with slight bustle of village life.

Masaru was in top form as he began training alone, hoping to get a good warm up in before the others arrived. He started with dynamic warm-up exercises, each movement executed with precision and fluidity, preparing his body for the challenges that lay ahead. Today he planned to emphasize on speed both movement and reactionary. Quick reactions could be the deciding factor between a near miss and a knife to the throat. That when all else fails, get away and live to fight another day. That was the best message he could deliver to the genin. They were the future of Konohagakure and so long as they survived so to would the village.

He sprinted between the trees with lightning-fast bursts, his muscles coiling and releasing with the precision of a battle hardened veteran. He focused on enhancing his reaction time, anticipating and dodging imaginary opponents with well trained reflexes like a professional athlete. He practiced his acceleration, showcasing the art of explosive bursts of speed that could leave his enemies in the dust.

As the morning sun peeked over the tree line and cast its golden glow over the lush forested landscape of the Hidden Leaf Village, Masaru took a pause and checked his watch. The others should be arriving shortly, and he looked forward to the companionship and camaraderie training together could bring.

He took off the outer layers of his robes and let the frigid air cool him off, enjoying the feel of the cool breeze against his overheated skin. He could feel the slight tears in his muscles being healed by his regeneration factor courtesy of Iburu. Between his warmed up muscles and the heat being generated by his healing, steam billowed off the young man's well toned body. He pulled a towel and a water bottle out of his bag. Wiping the sweat off his face he'd lean back against a tree and slowly sip his water as he awaited the arrival of the others.
Group training+ Event
637/600 +1 Speed
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

Prepare for War

Post by HotelBravo » Thu Feb 01, 2024 9:52 pm

Another day, another training. It was incredibly important to prepare and get ready for the war that was on the horizon. Nakano. There were specific goals that Nakano had set for herself that she had as of yet met. She knew that she was many levels under what she would need to fight and defend the village. She needed to stop being lazy with her training and finish reaching the higher tier strength of chuunin, even if she had not been a chuunin for a very long time.With any luck maybe Akito or Takeshi would be here again. Nakano had heard about another training event occurring and needed to cross town to get here because she lived on the other side of the village.

She crossed through the streets and briefly stopped at a confectionary shop for a trio of sicks with Dango on them. Normally one would enjoy with some delicious tea, but she had places to go. Thus she walked while demolishing the dango - which had rather cute designs and cat faces. To be honest it would have perhaps pulled at someone’s heart strings to so mercilessly bit the head off of a dango cat, but Nakano didn’t really have those kinds of feelings in the first place, so it didn’t really bother her all the much. The Dango was good though. The texture reminded her of mochi, but the dango she had was larger and coated in a sweet soy sauce glaze. She couldn’t deny the appeal and so she enjoyed it on her way to the training grounds.

By the time of reaching the woods she had disposed of the three sticks holding the dango, having completed her makeshift meal. ”Hello!?” she called out into the wooded area. She didn’t really see anyone here, was there really going to be some kind of training event? What if it was a trap? Or worse - what if it was a trap that was secretly the training event?

There was supposed to be someone here right? She couldn’t have been the first person here. She flashed through a series of handseals and activated the Sensory jutsu. Her chakra spread out from her and she began to search the training field for signs of life. It didn’t long for her to detect someone was here after all. She manuevered her way through the trees until she was standing in front of Masaru.

He was taller than Nakano, brunette hair that resembled melted milk chocolate. It was a very delicious combination. He had tanned skin implying that he had spent time outside as well - probably training or traveling on missions given his line of profession. He had his village symbol worn like an arm band on his coat. There was certainly something that caught her attention and that was the man’s orange eyes. She had never seen a hue quite like that before. It cause her to consider what exactly it had meant.

”There somebody is… I was beginning to think I was all by myself here. Say haven’t I seen you somewhere?” Nakano inclined her head. She tried to remember where exactly she had seen this fellow but nothing was jumping out. How had she ignored such intense eyes before? ”Were you also here for the training? I like y0our eyes by the way, very pretty, very… unique - is that the word that I’m looking for? They really give you a sense of individualism - one of a kind. I really like them.” Nakano said to Masaru.

”Ah! Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Nakano - just recently learned that I’m a Yamanaka. Still getting the hang of being in a big family - I came from a small one personally so I’ve still been learning. How about yourself? Can I get your name? Got a big family? Ah sorry maybe thats a bit too personal. Well then how about some training then? Is there anything in particular you’re trying to work on?” Nakano was trying her best to be friendly with Masaru to create some level of rapport with him. Hopefully he reciprocated her attempts at making friends.

702 /350 = +2 control

Drak

Prepare for War

Post by Drak » Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:06 pm

“It would require too many ninja with Doton abilities too long to construct. Their time could be better spent shoring up the village’s defenses as combat engineers,” Akito said to himself mockingly, recalling what he had told a chuunin at a training event some days past. As it turned out, Akito was one of those ninja with Doton abilities, and as such he had been hard at work shoring up the village’s defenses. On one hand, it was a very different set of skills than he was used to applying. His expertise was in scouting and close combat, not engineering. That said, he liked a tactic, and when he thought of engineering fortification as the crystallization of tactical advantage it suddenly became much more interesting.

Although I would hardly call that fortification much of an advantage. That was little more than a safe-house that needed a new set of walls.

As he walked back to the main village, Akito practiced a certain jutsu he had recently discovered. It was an invention of the previous Hokage. On the surface, it was stupidly simple: allowing for control of a few small rocks. However, Akito had plans for how to use this skill to his advantage. He was starting with one rock. As he walked, he would toss a rock he had found up in the air and try to “catch” it with his chakra. It was an amount of precision he wasn’t used to needing for his Doton jutsu. However, as he walked, he got the hang of it: toss, fall, catch. After each catch he reached out his hand and grabbed the rock to restart the process. Once he could reliably grab it, the next step was throwing it with chakra. This step was much easier: it was a similar feeling to that of launching a spike shot. In fact, Akito was able to get it on his first try, although it sent his rock flying irrecoverably into the forest. He spent a few minutes finding another pebble, and practiced a few more times, with more control. When he found another pebble, he added it to his training. Two was harder, but soon he was able to catch and throw them with ease. After throwing them, he tried pulling them back with this technique as well, and it worked! He would have to practice with more rocks eventually, but this was a good start.

Once he had gotten the hang of two rocks, Akito decided to take a break. Learning a new jutsu was great and all, but it was delaying him more than he would have liked. He picked up the pace: first walking quickly, then jogging, and soon sprinting through the forest. He ran full tilt towards a tree with gnarled roots sticking far out of the earth and leaped over them like a hurdle. As he neared another tree, he brought a leg up and placed it right on the trunk. Channeling chakra through his feet and into the bark, Akito continued to run straight up the tree.

Reminds me of when I first learned this technique and Sensei had us run up trees to get a head-start.

Akito shifted his weight to run along one of the branches, and when he reached the end he jumped to the next tree. As he dashed through the branches, he heard a woman’s voice through the trees.
Quote:
”Hello!?”
He stopped and listened. He didn’t hear anything but the swaying of the trees around him. Akito activated his Byakugan and began to scan the forest in the direction that he had heard the noise come from. Eventually, he caught a glimpse of two people. One he recognized immediately.

Nakano. Why is it always Nakano? But who is that with her? It’s not Takeshi that much I can tell, but I’ve seen him before.
Akito waited for a minute, eyes narrowed, hand on his chin, studying the man from far off.

The chuunin from the obstacle course! The one who came up to the observation tower to make suggestions. Excellent, I was hoping to run into him again. With all that happened that day I never had a chance to follow up with him. But with Nakano there…

Akito took a seat on his high branch. The last time he had seen her she had attacked a fellow shinobi and maimed her severely. He had called ANBU and the Yamanaka on her to ensure that her seal was still in place.

Perhaps I should leave her be. I’m probably the last person she wants to see right now after that. Akito sighed. On the other hand, that might not be the case. The situation was resolved, and who knows what happened outside of my vision. Both of us are shinobi of the Leaf and will be defending the village together. We will need to get along, and extending an olive branch will only get harder with time.

Akito rose to his feet and continued traversing the treetops, leaping from branch to branch, this time in the direction of Nakano and Masaru. As he neared where he had spotted them, he slowed down.

At times like this, coming barrelling out of the treetops at them is probably not the best course of action. With the threat of invasion from the Crescent Coalition and my recent… incident with Nakano, I should probably not surprise them.

After walking more slowly along the trees neighboring the clearing, Akito finally saw the two with his unaided eyes.

“Good morning,” he called down from atop a nearby tree. “What are you two doing out here so early?”

Akito strolled down the trunk of the tree and onto the ground below.

“I am glad to see you are doing well Nakano. It is a shame that our last meeting had to go the way it did.”

Akito turned his gaze to Masaru. “And it is good to see you again as well. I never got your name during the obstacle course, but I enjoyed our little conversation about improvements to the course.”

Word Count: 1,012

600 to +1 Speed
400 to jutsu:
[Doton • Pebble Control]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After channeling chakra into the earth Takeo can control up to 5 small rocks, no more than 2 inches in diameter. Then with hand gestures alone he can launch them as a group at an opponent at a speed of 9 with an impact strength of 1. Takeo has limited control over the launch of the rocks, being able to send them in an arc or change their direction one time. They can be sent a maximum distance of ten meters and can only be controlled from within a 10 meter radius from himself.
Last edited by Drak on Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Akito HyuugaKonohaJounin#008080

Jirou Kisama
Heart EmpireAkibushi#BF4000

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kaitos10

Prepare for War

Post by Kaitos10 » Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:38 pm

Haruka had just recently gotten up and after getting dressed in her usual clothes with her fishnet armor underneath. After she came back from the land of runes and found out Takeo the Hokage died a while ago in a war defending Suna against iwa she would mourn him with the rest of the village. As well as dye her entire hair bright red. After getting dressed she would enjoy her breakfast having four bagels with lox and without any cream cheese.

After she happily finished eating them and savoring the taste she would head out to check on recent events to find out the crescent coalition had just declared war on Konoha. She never thought they were any better then kirigakure and Iwagakure. But after finding out they attacked and conquered the nice people in the land of runes it kind of became personal. So even though they were attacking during the war on Iwagakure she was having slightly mixed feelings were she wasn’t sure if she was happy or not.

She hoped that if they could successfully defend against the attack they would have a good chance to completely destroy them. Then she could free the land of runes and give them some good news. But first she had to get strong enough that she wouldn’t hold her fellow villagers back. So she quickly headed to the training area at top speed so she could begin to train.

When she got there she saw Masaru and Nakano talking to each other. Along with one new person she never met before. She knew Masaru for a long time but only recently met Nakano during the steam festival in the hot springs. She then remembered for some stupid reason she didn’t use her transformation jutsu in the hot springs. On one hand it did have a positive effect on her relationship with a certain pirate and she finally found someone who appreciated her height.

On the other hand multiple of her fellow villagers saw her and she didn’t want any more rumors to spread about her height or worse, for some of the rumors to be confirmed true and for everyone to find out her true height. She was very nervous what nakano would say when she saw her in her usual 4ft tall form. As she thought about it she got a idea on how to stop her from saying anything. So would quickly in a panic perform the hand signs causing the jutsu to activate and a 70m field of harmless static electricity would surround her.

Afterwards she would sigh with relief and if Nakano was inside the 70m field she would check to see what Nakano was thinking. If Nakano noticed her and was thinking anything related to her height and the time at the hot springs. She would quickly yell to cut her off and tell her to avoid saying one more word. If she didn’t notice her or didn’t say anything she didn’t want people to know she would wave at her and Masaru.

She would then say happily to them Hai Hai you to! How are you!?” After she was done talking to them she would begin training. Such as various chakra excercise’s such expending chakra then trying to quickly replenish it.

548-300= 248 and +1 to chakra pool
“jutsu used”Show
Mind zapper
A rank raiton ninjutsu
This jutsu allows the user to make a field of electricity that follows the user or a direct line in order to read the mind of all creatures capable of some form of vaguely intelligent thoughts the field is control vs will power the field can expand up to 70m while the line method has much further range but only works on 1 creature at a time works up to 100m she can even use the raiton chakra to send thoughts or memories to other people if she really wants to using this jutsu finally this jutsu only allows her to read the surface thoughts of other creatures The user can simultaneously read the surface thoughts of up to [Willpower/2] creatures before the mental strain of processing so many thoughts at once becomes unbearable. However when inserting thoughts or memories the user must be focused on only that one target. Lasts 7 posts this jutsu doesn’t have raitons passive
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Diatenshi

Prepare for War

Post by Diatenshi » Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:04 pm

'Does no one else understand the gravity of our situation? Or are they simply too lazy to put in the effort to ensure their own survival?' Masaru quietly wondered to himself resulting in a snort from Iburu. 'You humans are simply to settled and removed from the natural order of the world. Your lives too peaceful without the natural struggle for survival. Survival instincts aren't innate but honed and trained by living life in a constant state of struggle.' Iburu commented within his mind his voice thick with a smug superiority. However, just as Masaru was beginning to think no one was going to show, he heard a voice call out to him from the trees. ”Hello!?”

'You were saying? Masaru snubbed back internally to the fiery spirit sealed within him. He looked at the young lady approaching and realized he recognized her from the training that was being directed by the Hyuuga Jounin. He hadn't realized Nakano was her. After all, he'd simply looked through the names on the last training roster and sent out the invitations. He waved at her response and a warm friendly smile graced his face. From what little he'd been able to piece together, her incident previously was the result of a personal grudge between the two parties. The chances of her harming another Konoha shinobi in the same manner were slim providing she wasn't provoked. As such, he had no issues training with her. After all, aim that ruthless determination towards the enemy and even he got slight chills thinking of how she could break them.

He gave her a quick glance over and noticed her well developed body. However, his gaze was drawn not towards her ample bosom. No his interest was more analytical. His eyes observed the way her muscles moved beneath the skin as she approached. He didn't have much knowledge in the way of iijutsu but he could clearly see as any other that she'd spent considerable time working on her physique. Paired with her attire and makeup she made for a skilled and lethal kunoichi he was sure.

Despite his serious disposition he couldn't help but laugh softly as she bombarded him with questions, barely leaving a pause for him to answer before asking another. He smiled and waited for a proper pause before he could answer his mood lightening and his overall aura become more relaxed. "I organized the training sending out invitations to those that attended the last training held not too long ago. I was one of the instructors responsible for the obstacle course. Also yes, as a member of the Senju clan, I have a large family. My name is Masaru. I was..." his voice trailed off as he heard the approach of yet another person. Glancing towards the source of the sound he saw a person he hadn't expected. The Jounin incharge of the previous training.

By now the steam coming off Masaru's body had subsided though his body continued to radiate heat. Rather than soil his hakama he opted to leave his top off till after the training was completed. He listened to the Jounin's words and it seemed the two were decently acquainted. "Senju Masaru sir! As I was just informing Yamanaka-san I'd taken it upon myself to set up optional extra training for the genin and other chuunin. I... It would seem yet another has joined our training session." Once more Masaru would begin to speak but then hold his tongue as he directed attention to the small cat eared girl approaching. He recognized her having previously trained with her and Yozei. Though oddly she seemed a fair bit shorter than he remembered.

"Hey Haruka-san. Long time no see. I hope you've been well. I see you received my letter. And to answer your earlier question Yamanaka-san, the training I was going to do was agility training. Aside from the clear benefits of faster attacks and reflexes, in a situation in which one is out numbered or overpowered escaping to live to fight another day may be an appropriate tactic. At least that was what I planned to impress on the genin that gathered. Though I wonder how many more will be joining us..." He looked out to the forest then glanced towards the jounin wondering if he had seen anyone else approaching their location. He didn't want to waste his earlier warm up and the winter chill was starting to stiffen his muscles back up.
Group Training+event
1386/600 +2 Speed
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

Prepare for War

Post by HotelBravo » Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:17 pm

Nakano was not oblivious to where people trained their eyes. Part of her game had always been to study people’s faces and reactions, and now with Masaru she watched his eyes dance over his body. She liked when men looked at her body but lacked the… interest. It was a strange thing to Nakano who knew what kind of feelings she normally inspired in men, and liked that she did so. ”Come on, you’re a man, you don’t need to be so shy, just go ahead and look.” Nakano said it in a playful whisper as to not interrupt Masaru’s words. Nakano wondered if she could get more out of the young man if she struck a pose for him, and so she did. She wouldn’t let her eyes wander from Takeshi, was it against the rules of the relationship to let others look at her? She really enjoyed people looking at her - no - more accurately she enjoyed what other people looking at her felt.

"I organized the training sending out invitations to those that attended the last training held not too long ago. I was one of the instructors responsible for the obstacle course. Also yes, as a member of the Senju clan, I have a large family. My name is Masaru. I was..." Masaru began trailing off as his attention was drawn elsewhere. Nakano followed his eyes up into the tree tops and who should she see but Akito again. It seemed that they had a habit of running into one another ever since their mission together. He certainly did get around, and he was a Hyuuga and was so pretty to look at so she didn’t have any objections.

“Good morning,” Nakano met eyes with those pure blissful white orbs of the Hyuuga in the treetops.. It honestly shouldn’t be that surprising that an experienced Shinobi should be traveling by tree branch, but Nakano did start thinking that maybe she should consider having sensory techniques open more often so people stopped sneaking up on her. For some reason it was only charming when Takeshi did it.. “What are you two doing out here so early?” Akito walked down the trunk of the tree like it was a leisurely stroll. Despite how many times she had seen people do that, it was rarely ever lacking in spectacle. It just was opposite to what physics typically demanded that she couldn’t help but find the casual stroll down the trunk

"Senju Masaru sir! As I was just informing Yamanaka-san I'd taken it upon myself to set up optional extra training for the genin and other chuunin. I... It would seem yet another has joined our training session."

“I am glad to see you are doing well Nakano. It is a shame that our last meeting had to go the way it did. And it is good to see you again as well. I never got your name during the obstacle course, but I enjoyed our little conversation about improvements to the course.” Akito addressed Nakano and then his attention moved over towards Masaru, and he addressed the lad briefly as well. Nakano decided that she would interject and get her say in however.

”I’m not sure what you’re ashamed about. I’m not. I personally enjoy a little bondage and discipline, even if I’m the one getting disciplined. Although maybe next time I’ll tie you up and bend you over my knee - what do you think? Does it get you going?”] Nakano felt the sensation of static electricity. The sensation caused her to look about scanning for whoever may have been casting a jutsu on her. She eyed Haruka, and unbeknownst to Nakano Haruka was looking into her thoughts.

Nakano’s thoughts were a dark place but her thoughts were neat and organized. ’Is that not the girl from the hotsprings? Smaller. Either this is her true form or perhaps the other was her true form. Its too bad she rejected my offer. I would have loved to get to nuzzle myself in her bosom and gotten to know her more intimately.’ Nakano thought about just what she wanted to do to all the people here, which was a confused mix of a murder crime scene one which everyone was intwined together with a lot fewer clothes. Yet even in Nakano’s own mind she didn’t allow herself participate. She just watched longingly as Masaru, Akito, and Haurka - gave pleasure and pain to each other while Nakano wished so sincerely to join them. There was also a sensation that Nakano’s thoughts were being… manipulated. As this was only her surface level thoughts Haruka would not find out about the seal, but the obvious apathy that would suddenly come over Nakano in forced waves as if to stop different lines of thinking would be there. Just enough to let her know that something was wrong in Nakano’s head if that were not already obvious. In Nakano’s mind it seemed that she didn’t mind the Petite form of Haruka, and in fact was thinking of smothering the girl with her own affection.

”What a cute thing you are. I could almost… Gobble you up.” Girls were often disappointing to Nakano, because it was just their nature that most did not necessarily find other women attractive. They were competition more often than they were prey. Haruka may have been too shy last time she met but Nakano got the impression that she may not have been into girls, which was a pity. Speaking of women, she should ask Takeshi if women were considered against the rules or not. She didn’t mind either way, but there was something appealing about the soft feminine form as well.

I’m just Human sexual - Nakano thought. No, no… Anything that moves? That couldn’t be right either, after all she definitely found the idea of certain creatures as partners repulsive. She decided to drop the topic in her own head when Haruka approached.

“Hai Hai you to! How are you!?” Haruka said as she approached. Perhaps still processing what in god’s name she had found out from Nakano’s inner thoughts; a cabaret of blood and pleasure, and Haruka was invited..

”I see you’re feeling less shy now. Now why don’t you tell me what suspicious jutsu you were casting on me just now? Nothing dangerous I hope?” Nakano put her hands on her hips while she wore an amused expression looking at Haruka, and perhaps terrifyingly, Nakano had started to wander it would be like to inhabit Haruka’s skin. She was of a half a mind to see if she could try to take the woman out for a spin, but once again that seal in released a wave of apathy that caused Nakano to change topics in her own mind - she was aware that she was being forced to change her mind, but the apathy also made it so that she didn’t care that the seal was manipulating her.

"Hey Haruka-san. Long time no see. I hope you've been well. I see you received my letter. And to answer your earlier question Yamanaka-san, the training I was going to do was agility training. Aside from the clear benefits of faster attacks and reflexes, in a situation in which one is out numbered or overpowered escaping to live to fight another day may be an appropriate tactic. At least that was what I planned to impress on the genin that gathered. Though I wonder how many more will be joining us..." Masaru began to explain to Haurka and Nakano.

”I’m not sure I’m capable of escaping to fight another day. I would most certainly fight to the death and I don't think there is anything I could do to prevent myself from doing otherwise.” It had nothing to do with her speed or cleverness to escape, but everything to do with the primary goals of the seal in her mind. The Leash. Defend Konoha. Yes, she would fight to the death because of the seal, and for some reason it wasn’t that scary a thought. She found it beautiful actually, and it made her shiver when she thought of how pretty Takeshi would look crying over her own dead body. She almost wished that it would happen and that she would somehow be able to watch from a distance. By the Kami, it would be BEAUTIFUL

1400/350 +4 Chakra Pool

Drak

Prepare for War

Post by Drak » Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:25 pm

Akito sighed. Being propositioned the moment he saw her was very much in line with the Nakano he knew.

I’m glad it’s the same old Nakano. I was worried that something had permanently broken last time. Hopefully nothing snaps again…. What a way to greet someone, with an offer of ropes and whips and– Akito put a stop to that line of thinking. He didn’t want to go there. Anyway, what is going on with her and Takeshi? I have to admit the situation didn’t look especially wholesome when I walked up. If Masaru hadn’t been so quick to tell me what was going on it would have looked bad. Perhaps he saw that and wanted to get in front of it. No, no it isn’t my place to get involved with them and their affairs.

Akito opened his mouth as if to respond to Nakano’s question, then closed it again.

No, there’s no good way to respond to that. What am I supposed to tell her? “No thank you, maybe next time”?

Soon after, she shifted her attentions to someone who had just walked into the clearing. Akito looked over at the newcomer. She was a small, muscular woman with bright red hair. He couldn’t recall seeing her before. He thought about introducing himself, but when Nakano beelined for her, he decided to wait.

She’s on her own with Nakano. That will be a treat to watch. When I can introduce myself when whatever is about to occur finishes. In the mean time, I will talk to Senju. Good on him for organizing trainings like this. Hmm, Senju… wasn’t there a Masaru Senju with me in the academy? A year or two younger than me I think. I have a vague recollection of him injuring another student badly, but nothing concrete comes to mind. But if he’s the same person, then he’s only a chuunin? I suppose people advance at all speeds, but I could also be confused. He looks to be about my age, but I suppose he could be younger – more around Nakano’s age. It’s hard to say just based on looks alone. I should ask him.

As Akito walked up, Masaru called out to the newcomer.

Sounds like her name is Haruka. It still doesn’t ring any bells, but from the looks of things, the three of them have all met before. It also sounds like Senju wants to do agility training. That is nicely in line with what I want to do.

“Nice to meet you Senju Masaru. My name is Hyuuga Akito, in case you had forgotten,” Akito said, walking closer to the man. “And I appreciate it, but feel free to dispense with the ‘Sir’ today, Senju-san.”

When he was face to face with the man, he studied Masaru’s face for a moment.

He doesn’t quite look like anyone I remember, but it’s also been what, twelve years since I graduated? All of us have grown up since then. And I’m sure I would have melded into the group of Hyuugas. We are a homogenous bunch, with our black hair and white eyes.

“I think we were in the academy together, but a year or two apart. Does that sound right, or was there another Senju who I might be confusing you with?”

He paused for a moment before turning the subject back to that of their training.

“In either case, I am interested in agility training as well, so perhaps we can work together on that. And if you are open to it, we can fit in some light sparring. What do you say?”

WC: 602/600 +1 Speed

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kaitos10

Prepare for War

Post by Kaitos10 » Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:05 pm

Haruka would be surprised at what she learned about Nakano, in addition to the strange things in her head something was definitely off about her. She wondered if it was something her clan did to her. But regardless that was none of her business, plus she wasn’t about to go sharing what she just learned anyway. Though she was able to confirm something she was worried about, it seems Nakano did indeed remember her from then. But she wasn’t aware if her appearance then was because of transformation jutsu or if that was her true appearance and current appearance was a disguise. Which she had mixed feelings about, she wasn’t sure if it was a good thing or not.

There was definitely benefits and problems to both sides so for now she would just try and make sure that she wasn’t going to talk about it. She then heard Nakano’s comments as well as hearing Masaru response to her soon after.

She then turns to Nakano saying “people normally are less shy when they are fully clothed and aren’t being flirted with by people they never met before. As for the jutsu I used on you I can see why you would call it suspious by why dangerous? But since you ask it wasn’t designed to have any harmful effects and as far as I know it has none as well. Though if you think I’m lying and that it may have adversely affected physiology you are free to check with doctor saigo? “

Afterwards she would turn to Masaru and would then smile and say “I’m currently alive and in one piece so doing ok though a lot has happened since we last met. Though I did ask you first didn’t you hear me?”

She would listen to what he says and hear even more strange things from Nakano and even stranger thoughts. She was seriously starting to wonder if she was secretly insane. That said she figured if the higher ups thought she was a threat they would’ve done something by now. For now she would try to ignore the strange and possibly disturbing thoughts she heard and was hearing from Nakano

She then found the perfect distraction as she listened to the new person talk to and got an idea saying to Masaru “I’m personally trying to strengthen my chakra pool how about we train together? I know a good way that could help you work on your speed and help me work on my chakra pool at the same time.”

424+248=672 672-300=372 +1 cp 372-300=72 +1 cp for total of +2 cp
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Izanagi

Prepare for War

Post by Izanagi » Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:53 pm

Takeshi too had received the invitation to join Masaru on some recon exercises out in the forests. He smirked at the idea, he knew Masaru was part of an elite squad with his elder brother, Yozei. But they were famed for destruction, not stealth and recon. Of course, he knew his brother was skilled with Doton ninjutsu and surely a Senju had a few tricks up their sleeve as well. But compared to growing up in the woods, trained by the Fangless Hound and blessed with a Byakugan, Takeshi knew he had a distinct advantage.

Still, it was a good of a time as any to brush up on the techniques his parents had taught him. As he ran through the forests he assessed the foliage, noting several distinct patterns of tracks. His Byakguan activated, spreading his gaze out around him. At least four separate people had crossed through this area recently. Takeshi considered the idea of testing himself against each of those that arrived before him. He hadn’t been on a proper mission in months, not since he fought off a group of Jounin level opponents in order to claim Ignorance. How would his fellow comrades compare? He had a sneaking suspicion that Akito would have been invited as well and after their last run in he wanted to challenge the man more than ever. It had been some time since he had properly sparred with someone of his level. He had been focused on building up the ROOT program lately, though admittedly found himself somewhat distracted by his recent love interest. Would she be there as well? Perhaps. With the frequency this group was running into one another, he wondered if they might have potential to work together as a proper squad. No, it seemed unlikely that Akito would ever trust Nakano enough for that, certainly there was too much tension to work together seamlessly when it really mattered, even if they had performed a mission together previously.

As he continued to follow the trails various intertwining paths he began to decipher more distinct details about each individual. One of them was quite short, the stature of a child juging by the stride between track marks, but the weight of their impacts was substantial. Perhaps a skilled Genin training with weighted gear, or it could be someone in particular he knew to change their form. The other tracks were somewhat more generic, three adults, but their footprints indicated that one was most likely a woman.

417/400
Jutsu TrainedShow
Hunters Path
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Takeshi has spent many years learning how to track animals and man alike in a variety of environments. He can easily pick up on most trails, observing and analyzing footprints, scuff marks, broken branches and the like. He can determine the quantity, species, weight and other factors such as if the target is limping, running or moving stealthily. Unless heavily marred by environmental factors Takeshi can follow the physical sign of a trail even if it is several days or weeks old. In some rare instances where tracks have been preserved remarkably well this timeline can even extend to months.
Takeshi crouched, inspecting a disturbed branch that one shinobi had brushed against. He inhaled deeply, catching a whiff of a familiar fragrance. An alluring, seductive scent, it captivated and enthralled the senses. ‘Nakano’ he realized. She was among them after all. Ever since meeting her his sense of scent had become more heightened. He noticed the most subtle differences. Growing up his father had taught him the ways of the Inuzuka, how to detect scents on the air or across water. Samples of fur, or even blood were also easy to track if one trained for it. His nose had never been as strong as his father’s. Takeo had been only a half Inuzuka himself, watering down to a mere quarter for Takeshi, Yozei and Kaori. But nonetheless, those primal genetics were still a part of him, and that dormant potential seemed to have unlocked stronger than ever before.

The teenager stood, a young man and an increasingly skilled hunter. He felt deeply connected to his father in that moment, to his Inuzuka and Natsuki lineage. Inhaling deeply he smelled charcoal, a dry heat that he recognized he had encountered before. Masaru. It had been so subtle before, barely perceptible. But now he could smell it on the wind. The other two individuals were harder to pick out, masked somewhat by the stronger scents. Certainly, one was a man, and the other was a woman. There was a distinct difference in their natural pheromones. He furrowed his brow leaping from one cluster of tracks to another. Their paths each intercepted and deviated at various points but each was headed in the same direction. ‘I know these scents as well’ he determined, but he hadn’t paid too much attention to them before. “Could it be Haruka?” he considered, speaking lowly to himself as he examined the small, but heavy scuff mark and a faint lingering scent in the air. He nodded, trusting his intuition. That had to be it, then what about the other, the man he had scented. Deviating from the path slightly, he followed the 4th distinct trail. As he found some foliage the man had brushed up against he began to detect faint scents of ink and parchment but also a distinct earthiness. 'It must be Akito', he realized suddenly. Ah, yes. So then, it was in fact the usual group of his comrades and new friends that had answered Masaru’s call.

401/400
Jutsu TrainedShow
Fangless Hound
S-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Growing up surrounded by Inuzuka Takeshi has developed a nose keen enough to rival their own. He can pick up on faint scents that average shinobi wouldn’t even notice to the point where he can distinguish the individual body scents of people, able to determine various emotional states including detecting aggression, deception, fear as well as determine specific species of animals or gender even by just a strand of hair. The passive range of this ability is 100 meters though if he has picked up on a trail, he can continue to follow it to its source assuming there are still scent particles in the air or physical remnants of a trail.
Takeshi smirked, now that he knew who all had gathered he was curious to test himself against them. He hadn’t confirmed with Masaru if he would be attending, so it was reasonable to assume the others would begin their recon drills as a unit. This gave Takeshi the opportunity to test his own counter recon and stealth. As a member of Anbu, and especially as a squad captain it was imperative that he honed his ability to evade enemy patrols. He had the advantage of knowing who his mock opponents were while they would be unlikely to anticipate his involvement in such a way.

The biggest threat of course was Akito, his elder and a Jounin who was surely more skilled with his Byakugan. He would need to push himself much farther than ever before. Previously Takeshi had become comfortable keeping his scouting to a range of 250 meters, but it had been a number of years since he had attempted to push himself further. His most effective sniping range was within 200 meters so he hadn’t had much reason or need to extend it to the degree of some of the masters of the Hyuuga clan.

The teenage Hyuuga held still as the scents grew stronger. He was still getting used to tracking by scent and was unable to estimate how far away the group was by that alone. Activating his Byakugan his eyes bulged as his awareness spread out around him to a passive range of 50 meters. There were no significant chakra sources around him, only the faintest traces of unrefined natural chakra that existed in animals and plants. Focusing on the direction he had been pursuing, Northeast, he extended his awareness, searching through the forests and continuing to follow the slight signs of recent movement. Rapidly his vision spread to his comfort range of 250 meters and then with ease he pushed himself further. Despite only being a Special Jounin his chakra control was better than many Jounin, even rivaling some Bannin who were only moderately proficient in Ninjutsu for their rank. ‘It’s only an A-rank jutsu to reach 2 kilometers. I can do it’ he determined, deciding to push himself right past the B-rank variation on his first attempt. War wouldn’t wait for him to take step by step measures, he needed results now and he was content to cut corners wherever he deemed necessary.

400/400
Jutsu TrainedShow
~Byakugan: Telescopic Vision
A Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling a small amount of chakra to the Hyuuga's Byakugan, the clan member uses their doujutsu to zoom in like a telescope, allowing them to see much farther away. In doing so, the Hyuuga member is able to see up to 2 Kilometers away as though they were mere feet away. It should be noted that while using their telescopic vision the Hyuuga experiences tunnel vision, making it difficult to see their surroundings. This jutsu can be maintained as long as the Hyuuga channels chakra to their eyes.
Surely enough, the talented young Hyuuga managed to push himself to new heights. He smiled, content with himself as he finally sighted the group of shinobi. He hoped his mother would be proud of him, perhaps he could convince her to train with him soon. Despite being a renowned Bannin, Aina had retired from the life of a shinobi and after the death of her husband her mental state had suffered greatly. And with his eldest sister moved out and married to Aizawa Yoru, that left only Takeshi and his twin sister Kaori to fend for themselves most days. It would be difficult to move out, starting a new chapter of his life with Nakano, but he felt it was time and it would be good for Kaori to branch out on her own as well.

Takeshi shook his head, purging the thoughts of his family from his mind. He couldn’t afford to be distracted, not on the eve of battle. There was no telling when the group of rogue shinobi would attack, the same traitors that had captured and tortured his best friend. He needed to focus, calm himself, still his mind and body. Both his father and his ‘Uncle’ Yoru who was now technically his brother-in-law, had taught him how to move silently. But there were levels to the art of stealth and while he could walk or even dash silently he had never truly mastered the art to the degree his father had. He would become a true predator, stalking the group with expert precision, not a step out of place as he dashed silently through the forest.

Of course, it wasn’t enough to simply move silently, he had to also consider how to move without being seen. This meant using cover and only ‘exposing’ himself when absolutely necessary and moving swiftly while keeping low to the ground, often pivoting or even rolling. With his Byakguan active he could better determine when someone was looking his way to keep in their blind spots at all times, with four targets it would be slightly more difficult but not impossible by any means. Once again it was only his cousin with a Byakugan of his own that he anticipated to be truly problematic. The only obvious answer to address chakra sensing was to learn to mask his own chakra. But that was a skill that would be best saved for another day. It was unlikely he would require it when defending Konoha. His time was better served learning to detect enemies better.

423/400
Jutsu TrainedShow
Stalking Shadow
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Taking the art of hunting to the realm of combat Takeshi is able to stalk his target with professional skill, moving up to his full speed while shadowing their movements and moving with the utmost silence. So long as his targets doesn’t have a perception technique of equal or greater rank he is able to approach them undetected by traditional means. Often this means his target isn’t even aware of his presence until his knife is already pressed against their throats.
Approaching now to a distance of 1km, Takeshi began to attempt to hone his hearing. For years he had avoided training his naturally keen senses for fear of being more susceptible to genjutsu. And even now it was still a concern, but he had been reminded often enough that when it came to auditory genjutsu it was nearly impossible to avoid triggers even when one didn’t have enhanced hearing. Few people realized how much their ears actually picked up and processed as background information that the brain didn’t deem as relevant enough to focus on. If one had shinobi training and especially Inuzuka heritage then one was primed more easily than most to activate these background processes and bring them to the forefront.

One couldn’t always rely on the Byakguan, it did consume a steady amount of chakra and needed to rest periodically after all. But at a mid range, being able to discern the sound of weapons being drawn or thrown could make the difference between life and death, an extra precious few second to react an defend oneself. Moving closer at a speed of 20 while still remaining silent, Takeshi listened for the slightest sounds. However, even as he neared to 200 meters he still couldn’t clearly make out what they were saying. Still, the birds around him and even some of the insects moving in the ground could be heard clearly when he focused intently on his surroundings. That had to count for something at least. Perhaps he would test his enhanced hearing further at a later time. Despite being well versed in all ranges of combat he preferred to fight at a distance when he could, especially against multiple opponents.

Takeshi considered for a moment whether he should ambush them with a barrage of arrows. Perhaps too aggressive. They were all still his friends after all, and among them only Nakano was a fellow Anbu operative so it was best to not do anything too intense. He decided that for the moment he would continue to simply observe and stalk the group, gradually moving closer until he was within range to overhear their conversations clearly. He was somewhat curious how the group would interact without him present. He noted that Masaru was shirtless but he didn’t feel particularly threatened by the man. Ultimately, he trusted Nakano and the boundaries they had established. She was free to flirt as much as she wanted and she knew what lines not to cross.

414/400
Jutsu TrainedShow
Keen Ears
A-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Takeshi’s sharp senses allow him to pick up on slight sounds within a 75-meter radius of himself. This can range from the sound of a weapon being drawn, a projectile in flight or subtle footsteps and sounds of breathing. In terms of eavesdropping, he can discern a conversation at such a range as if he were standing next to the person who is speaking.
Last edited by Izanagi on Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Diatenshi

Prepare for War

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:44 pm

Masaru shook his head at Nanako's antics. She was amusing to say the least though it was hard to tell if the weight of their current situation had sunk in, or if she was simply covering her anxiety and nervousness with humor. Regardless of the reason, her presence added a bit of levity to the situation at hand and for the most part. He was a bit worried about her comment on fighting to the death though but it sounded as though there were other forces at play that was beyond his scope.

Akito asked a question that caught the young Senju off guard when he brought up the academy. He paused trying to think back over 10 years. However he couldn't quite recall ever meeting Akito prior. "It's certainly possible, but I can't say I remember you. He mostly remember getting into fights and training his ass off. Not much else stood out

Haruka was about as adorable as he remembered despite the inconsistencies with his memories. And he let out a soft chuckle as she asked her question again pointing out that she'd asked first. "Indeed you did. I've been good. Was finally allowed to take the Chuunin exam."

'Yes because your higher ups don't trust you. They still think I'll take over and burn this pathetic place to the ground. Kekeke.' Iburo snickered darkly within his mind but Masaru ignored him. The spirit was too presumptuous as usual assuming everything had to do with him. Though while he was indeed involved, he was not the direct reason. No, after becoming a jinchuuriki, Masaru's personality was heavily influenced by the fiery spirit, especially its anger. Suffering from severe mood swings and violent outburst he'd been assigned to vanguard to learn from more experienced shinobi who were closer in age. His time with them gave him an outlet for his destructive and violent behaviors whilst teaching what he was lacking as a leader. After all Masaru's power never stopped growing. Instead, he'd suffered delays in his mental maturity, thinking more like an angry child than an adult that could be entrusted the lives of others.

He looked at both Haruka and Akito. "I understand that we all have our own goals and focus when it comes to training and thay we each have our own circumstances..." he'd trail off glancing at Nanako. "Still I'd appreciate your help with training as working together often results in greater yields. Speaking of together, it would seem yet another has come to join our training. Akito, you hold the highest rank and have the most experience in coordinating soldiers. Would you like to lead the training?" Masaru would defer to the more experienced shinobi. Sure he'd taken the time to organize the group for training however, he was under no illusion that he was more qualified than a Jounin to instruct or train. His previous encounter had clearly shown that while his thinking had advanced he was still somewhat immature.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

HotelBravo

Prepare for War

Post by HotelBravo » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:22 pm

people normally are less shy when they are fully clothed and aren’t being flirted with by people they never met before. As for the jutsu I used on you I can see why you would call it suspious by why dangerous? But since you ask it wasn’t designed to have any harmful effects and as far as I know it has none as well. Though if you think I’m lying and that it may have adversely affected physiology you are free to check with doctor saigo? “ Haruka would begin with Nakano. Would Nakano just let that low hanging fruit go? She was incredibly tempted to give a retort but it would be unproductive. However, she had no idea who Doctor Saigo was, or who that was supposed to be. ”I assure you that when it comes to psychology, that the Yamanaka clan have a vested interest in my mental health.” Nakano was comment, but not put any force behind it as to allow the conversation to turn if it so happened that they would turn topics.

I’m currently alive and in one piece so doing ok though a lot has happened since we last met. Though I did ask you first didn’t you hear me?” Haruka looked over to Masaru with a smile. Very sweet. Nakano squinted her eyes reading into the smile more than it had any value to Masaru or Haruka. It seemed that they did have a good relationship at least. That was good, it was important to have friends after all. It was just something that she would have to keep on the back burner in case it came up later. She doubted that it would, things like this rarely did, since Konoha Shinobi tended to be on good behavior so their relationships didn’t need manipulating.

"Indeed you did. I've been good. Was finally allowed to take the Chuunin exam." Masaru responded to Haruka. In her short form, Haruka had to be looked down upon by Masaru. Nakano wondered secretly how the girl considered her height so offensive that she hid it? It was definitely a weakness and sore spot, one worth exploiting if Haruka ever stepped on the other side of the rules. For now she was safe and was off limits, practically boring by Nakano’s measure. Akito then moved to step in and introduce himself as well.“Nice to meet you Senju Masaru. My name is Hyuuga Akito, in case you had forgotten,” Akito said, walking closer to the man. “And I appreciate it, but feel free to dispense with the ‘Sir’ today, Senju-san.”

“I think we were in the academy together, but a year or two apart. Does that sound right, or was there another Senju who I might be confusing you with?” Akito queried back to Masaru. Nakano didn’t recall any of their faces either from the Academy. The boys didn’t seem that much older than she was. Though she had been on a unique behavorial track due in part to her inclinations to bullying others. By all means it didn’t really make sense that her training was complete, but perhaps it was done more to control her than to let her figure things out on her own. She was going to do it regardless, might as well teach her the rules right? Thus far those rules had served Konoha well in keeping her under control. Mostly.

"It's certainly possible, but I can't say I remember you. Masaru with the bad memory. Too bad. He was a charming lad though. Nakano looked over at Haruka who chirped up interrupted the union of the two men. You two are babbling on like a couple of grandpa’s. Although, the more mature kind of man has his own appeal, don’t you think, Haruka? Nakano stated bluntly and looked to Haruka for Support. As a fellow woman she should understand the appeal of older men right? It didn’t really matter, she was going to tease the hell out of the girl since she had shown a weakness by trying to hide her appearance.

I’m personally trying to strengthen my chakra pool how about we train together? I know a good way that could help you work on your speed and help me work on my chakra pool at the same time.” She stated. Nakano moved Closer to Haruka and stood side by side with her, trying to put an arm around her shoulder. ”I can help you out with that I think.” Nakano gave a mischievous smile, Why don’t we leave the boys to their training and us girls can have a bit of fun with our own training session, hmm?

“In either case, I am interested in agility training as well, so perhaps we can work together on that. And if you are open to it, we can fit in some light sparring. What do you say?” Masaru responded again. [color=FF40BF]Sparring doesn’t seem like a bad idea either? Why don’t we do a team spar? There is four of us here so we can split up 2 and 2. I call Dibs on Haruka for my team.[/color]

If Takeshi approached within 30 meters of their location, Nakano would detect him but no necessarily pin point him as she still had her chakra senses active.

Drak

Prepare for War

Post by Drak » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:00 pm

There is too much going on here. Masaru just put me in charge of his training. Haruka has a cryptic training idea. In the past minute Nakano has made an oblique pass at each of us and now wants to spar. And to top it all off I feel like I’m being watched.

Akito held up his hand for quiet and turned to Masaru.

“Masaru, if you have nothing prepared for today’s training," Akito began, a hint of disapproval in his voice. “Then I can take charge. Otherwise, I am happy to direct it.”

He turned to Haruka. “Haruka, was it? I am curious as to what your training idea is. Please, run it by me and we will see if we can integrate it. into the day's activities”

And to Nakano, still hanging off of Haruka. “Let us save the sparring until later. We should get warmed up first. We will also need to keep it light. The last thing we need is someone out of commission due to a sparring injury.”

Akito’s gaze lingered on Nakano for a moment, giving the impression that he had a thought that he wasn’t vocalizing.

Sparring would be good practice in this case, but I worry about Nakano going out of control again.

“Haruka, you first.”

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”