The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Drak

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Drak » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:31 pm

It had been a long day for Akito and it was not yet even one in the afternoon. He had been called away from a Hyuuga clan function – where food was to be served – to join a last-minute war planning meeting – where that was not the case. That had run long, and he was only now free to continue back about his day. Akito stalked his way out of the village headquarters. His formal clothes – white kimono tunic, indigo hakama, and black haori emblazoned with the Hyuuga mon – contrasting with the sea of flak-jacket-clad shinobi about on official business, as well as with his own well-worn forehead protector.

Very well, if [REDACTED]. [REDACTED] and [REDACTED] are going to be defending the West Wall together that will serve as an excellent bulwark against what is likely to be the hardest-hit section. Still, I worry about the wisdom of placing [REDACTED] in the South–

His train of thought, still very much preoccupied by war planning, was interrupted by his growling stomach. Akito looked around. He was in a part of Konoha he had passed through a thousand times going between the Hyuuga estate and HQ, but had rarely, if ever, stopped in. The smell of food wafted by, eliciting another growl from his empty stomach. Akito stopped and looked around. About a block away was a sign indicating a cafe.

Akito approached and looked at the cafe’s menu. It was not the traditional food he tended to eat at the Hyuuga estate, but it smelled good nonetheless. A bell on the door rang as he pushed it open and walked inside. A windowed front wall let in shafts of natural light, which reflected off of the polished wood of the floor and tables. Akito stood in the entryway, waiting for someone to seat him and looking no less out of place than he had in the headquarters.

Across the cafe, a waitress was standing facing away from him. She was much shorter than Akito, and slim, with long, blonde hair. From what he could see, she was very pretty.

Still, she seems somehow familiar. I pass this way often so maybe I’ve seen her along the same route, but I have the sneaking feeling that I’ve not just seen, but met her before…

"Excuse me. Miss?"
Akito HyuugaKonohaJounin#008080

Jirou Kisama
Heart EmpireAkibushi#BF4000

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Kabu » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:40 pm

It had been a long day at the cafe, a busy morning leading into an even busier afternoon. However... despite not having gotten a moment to rest Inokara couldn't be happier about it. Perhaps it was due to the looming threat of war but there seemed to be a cloud of gloom hanging over the village of late. Here however there was a moment of peace, of happiness, to be found.

With that said.. she still found herself shuffling from table to table, taking orders and exchanging brief pleasantries with the customers before running off to the next. She had just finished serving a table and was on her way to the next when someone called out to her from the entrance-way. Normally they would have had someone waiting at the door but their greeter was currently in the kitchen, helping to prepare orders. And so the waitresses were all acting in that capacity with whoever happened to be nearby at the time being the one to answer.

"Coming!" she called out, turning and skipping over towards the entrance. "i'm sorry about the wait. We've been very busy but I think we have a table free if you would just follow me." she spoke to Akito, her perfect manner being as it would be for anyone else. It was just a moment though before she blinked and her smile brightened. She recognized this man. They had only met once before and not for very long but in her eyes that alone was enough to make them acquaintances at the very least.

"Oh Akito-san, what a pleasure it is to see you again. Once again I am Yamanaka Inokara. I do hope that I was able to be of assistance the other day."
Last edited by Kabu on Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Drak » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:07 pm

“I guess the Yamanaka have fallen on hard times if their jounin have to serve as waitresses,” is what most Hyuuga would have said in the situation, and it would be lying to say that the thought didn't cross Akito’s mind.

“I-Inokara-san,” Akito said in actuality, clearly a little taken aback by her warm greeting. “Good day. There was no wait at all.”

She’s the woman from the training the other day. The Yamanaka representative. What is she doing here? The Yamanaka do have a tradition of this sort of entrepreneurship: maybe she or her family owns the cafe?

“Yes, the training…mishap with Nakano. What an unfortunate incident.”

An awkward pause fell over the burgeoning conversation as Akito recalled the events of the other day. He endeavored to change the subject.

“I must have passed this establishment a hundred times, but I have never stepped inside, and had no idea that it was staffed by kunoichi.Is this a family business?” he asked, trying to work out why Inokara was working here.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Kabu » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:57 pm

"It is quite surprising isn't it? Seeing a clan member and a Jounin no less working as a waitress." Inokara responded to Akito's inquiry with a smile and a light giggle. She could practically tell what he was thinking just from the look on his face and the tone of his voice. She was well aware of the general disdain between their two clans but she had been around enough Hyuuga in her time for it to not really affect her.

"I'm simply here of my own volition, no familial connections. I have a dream and in order to make it happen I need both money and experience." She was aware that she was being just a tad evasive but in all honesty it was still a bit embarrassing to admit even after all these years. Especially to someone that she really didn't know all too well... Not that she would really be opposed to telling him if perhaps they were to get to know each other a bit better.

With that she led the way through the packed building and towards an open table, gesturing for him to take a seat. "Now, what would you like? We specialize in tea and cake but we do have more savory options if you are looking for something closer to a meal or have a distaste for sweets." she spoke, effortlessly slipping back into 'waitress mode' as the boss had come to call it. She did wish they could chat some more but she was still on the clock and she needed to be a professional, or at least as much as she could be.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Drak » Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:57 pm

Akito smiled in response to Inokara’s comment about a Jounin working as a waitress. His eyebrows raised slightly when Inokara mentioned her dream. He wanted to ask her more, but decided against it. The cafe was busy and Inokara was already walking off towards a small table. He walked after her.

It was not a fantastic seat. Most of the view of the street was blocked by other patrons, and the next table over was clearly home to a first date that was going poorly. But it was so to speak, the only seat around. With a formality and grace that would have been more at place at a state dinner than in a neighborhood cafe, Akito pulled his chair out, adjusted his hakama, and sat in one fluid motion. He sat there perfectly straight, his back not touching the chair’s backrest.

I couldn’t imagine a Hyuuga waiter having anywhere near this level of friendliness towards a Yamanaka customer. Well, I could never imagine a Hyuuga waiter, but were such a thing to exist in reality, I could never see the inverse of this situation. And yet here we are. I would likely never hear the end of it were the elders to hear that I was here.

As Inokara described the food, a loud growl emerged from Akito’s stomach. Slightly embarrassed, Akito put a hand to his belly. “I have not eaten anything today, so a meal is definitely in order.” Akito took a brief look at the menu. “I will try the Hayashi Rice. And some green tea as well, please.”
Last edited by Drak on Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Kabu » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:20 am

Inokara couldn't help but let out a light giggle at Akito's clear embarrassment as he made his order. "Got it, we'll have that to you lickety split." she responded. With that she turned and headed over towards the kitchen, popping her head inside to quickly relay the order before heading back to her rounds. Business was slowing down, less customers were trickling in and many were finishing up and preparing to leave, but she still had work to do nonetheless.
A short while later she had returned to the back with more orders when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She tilted her head as she turned around to find her boss in front of her with a tray in hand, two servings of Hayashi Rice and two cups of green tea atop. "Kara, why don't you break for lunch? You've been on your feet all day and I'm sure you're tired and hungry." the woman spoke, gently smiling.

Inokara really wanted to say she was fine but she could feel the fatigue building up and so she sighed. "Fine, with business slowing down now is probably a good time."[/color] She had been swamped and she WAS glad to have a chance to rest. It was just that she felt a bit guilty leaving her coworkers to deal with the crowds. With that said however... she couldn't help but look back over towards where she had left Akito.

With a knowing smile the boss handed over her tray. "Deliver this for me, would you? I'm sure you know where to take it." she spoke, mischievously smiling all the while. "By the way, after your break I need you to go pick up some things for me, it's all already been paid for. It may be a bit heavy to handle alone..." she added almost as if an afterthought, scurrying away before the baffled Yamanaka could even respond.

Letting out another sigh Inokara shook her head, though a subconscious smile came as she walked back over towards Akito. "Sorry for the wait, here is your order." she spoke, placing his rice and tea on the table in front of him.

With that she took a seat herself on the other side of the table. "I hope you don't mind me joining you. Boss said I needed to take a break and I would feel lonely eating by myself." Of course in some ways it was an excuse but in others it was the absolute truth. Having grown up as something of a social butterfly she always had been a fervent believer that these kinds of things were best enjoyed in the company of others. Besides, she wasn't about to turn down an opportunity to potentially make a new friend, no way no how.
Last edited by Kabu on Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Drak » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:05 pm

Akito watched as Inokara walked away. For a moment, it looked like she might turn back around, and Akito realized how it would look for her to turn and see him staring at her. She didn’t end up turning around, but Akito looked elsewhere anyway.

I would have figured there would be more animosity. Growing up, I always heard that the other clans – the Yamanaka in particular – had nothing but disdain for us and that we should act the same. She’s probably just doing her job, but still, it seems like every single Yamanaka I’ve met has treated me better than any Hyuuga. Well, any Hyuuga but Takeshi and Kokou.

Between the war planning, the University, and the machinations of the Hyuuga clan, Akito’s had a lot going on. Throw his current hunger into the mix and his thoughts were a mess. Akito shook his head and endeavored to think about the war plans, not that that line of thinking was any less stressful. Still, no matter how many times he tried to go over squad positioning or tactical synergies, his thoughts always seemed to end up elsewhere: his position in the Hyuuga clan and the seeming impossibility of escaping his predetermined role, Nakano and Takeshi no doubt defying the wishes of their respective clans, why Inokara had been so friendly.

As he thought, Akito had closed his eyes and was resting his head in one of his hands, fingertips rubbing his temples. He opened his eyes, fixed his posture, and rolled his neck a few times. He caught sight of Inokara talking to someone, then coming back with a tray of food.

Curious. It looks like someone ordered the same thing I did.

When she put both plates on the table, and took a seat, Akito just stared in puzzlement for a moment. Nakano’s comment from the teahouse weeks before flashed through his mind:

”I don’t know what the secret is, but the Hyuuga really know how to make them. Why do all of you Hyuuga have to be so damn pretty?”

In all honesty, I could say the same of the Yamanaka. With everything going on the last time I saw her I hadn’t noticed, but she is very pretty. Tha flak jacket was also a less than flattering item. If she looks this much better without that, I wonder how she looks without-

Akito put a stop to that train of thought. He had probably been sitting there silently for slightly longer than was socially acceptable, and didn’t want to be the man who sat there slack-jawed and gawking.

“Oh, no problem at all. It would do me some good not to eat alone either,” Akito said with a weary smile, refocusing his mind on the person sitting across the table from him. “Apologies. I was a little lost in thought. I just came from a war planning meeting, and that sort of thing has a way of weighing on a person.”

Not quite a lie, just not everything that was on his mind. With so many disparate thoughts swirling around, one would think Akito could grab hold of one and find a way to start a conversation, but he was coming up blank. Instead, he lightly clapped his hands together and took a bite of the food in front of him.

“This is delicious!” Akito beamed, his expression becoming much brighter. “The beef is falling apart, the vegetables are soft but not mushy, and the sauce is rich and umami.”

As he took another bite, Akito noticed something strange in the corner of his eye. He turned and saw a woman – clearly another worker at the restaurant – peering over a booth at them from across the dining room and… rubbing her hands together?

Why do I feel like a zoo animal? For once I would like to go out somewhere and not have something strange happen.

“I don’t mean to alarm you,” Akito said, leaning in closer to Inokara across the table. “But one of your colleagues is acting oddly. She has been standing over there staring us.”
Last edited by Drak on Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Kabu » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:42 pm

Inokara tilted her head as Akito silently stared at her, a strange expression on his face. She had never been the type to really ever feel particularly shy or nervous but even still it was... strangely embarrassing, a light blush crossing her cheeks at the thought. More than that she was a bit worried. Perhaps she was in the way after all? She had just made the decision to join him on her own after all...

Before her thoughts could begin to spiral she was brought back to reality as Akito finally spoke. She had to resist the urge to sigh in relief as he welcomed her to join him though nonetheless she did find herself smiling brightly at the affirmation.

"Well, I'm happy to help in any way that I can. And the food here really is quite good." As much as she loved to cook she wasn't particularly good at it and so she was admittedly a bit jealous of her coworkers in that sense.

Speaking of her coworkers... As it was brought to her attention that they were being stared at she grabbed a salt shaker and turned in her seat, throwing it with all her might towards their unsuspecting watcher. "Get back to work! And tell that to the kitchen crowd too, I see that crack in the door." she loudly called out, letting out an annoyed 'hmph' as she turned back around, not feeling the least bit guilty as the impromptu projectile nailed her victim in their forehead.

"Sorry you had to see that. This isn't the first time something like this has happened with this crew, never thought I would be the one subjected to it." she sighed, at that moment suddenly remembering the errand that had been requested of her. She knew for certain now that she was being set up, in what way she wasn't sure, but nonetheless...

"After our meal would you be willing to assist me? The boss requested me to pick up some things and she said she ordered quite a lot." She strangely wanted to take the boss up on the kindness she had shown, even if she still wasn't totally certain what was actually going on here.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Drak » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:44 am

Akito took a sip of his tea as he settled back into his chair. It was good – not quite up to the standards of the imported tea served at the Hyuuga estate, but good nonetheless. As he did so, he watched Inokara pick up the salt shaker and throw it across the restaurant. His eyes went wide when he saw her wind up her arm and throw the salt, and he watched it sail across the cafe and winced slightly when it hit the voyeuse square on the forehead.

That display already had several patrons staring at her, and the gazes of the patrons who had missed it were attracted by her yelling. The distribution of moods behind their stares were interesting. Some had expressions like Akito’s: eyes wide, mouths open, brows knitted in shock. Others were more amused: Akito could hear a few snickers and what were no doubt snide remarks being whispered. Others still hadn't reacted at all, and simply watched the events unfold dispassionately.

Without skipping a beat, Inokara sat down and asked him for help with an errand. Akito was still looking at her with an expression of shock and confusion. He blinked twice.

“I-” Akito trailed off. He was about to refuse but…

I suppose it was too much to ask to go out and not have something strange happen: first the coworker, then the salt shaker, and now this. I don’t know why I should help her with a work errand. Doesn’t she have coworkers to help her with that? Could it be some sort of emergency? Or maybe a personal favor from a friendly boss?

On the other hand, why shouldn’t I? The elders will probably want a word with me for leaving the clan function earlier, but that need not be today. There is always more strategizing or training to do, but that was never my plan for today. In all likelihood the rest of my day will be spent reading and doing shogi puzzles. Alone.

She also came running when I needed her help much more urgently than this. I can help her with something small. Even if this errand is somewhat nebulous.

Akito composed himself, wiping the look of shock from his face.

“I see no reason why I could not help you with that,” Akito finally said, pointing to where Inokara’s coworker had been watching them. “As long as I will not have anything thrown at me. I get enough of that on missions, and I left all my armor bar my headband at home.”

Akito picked up his spoon and took another bite of his food.

“What was that about anyway?”

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Kabu » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:18 pm

While she did her best to hide it from time to time Inokara would find herself feeling anxious and uncomfortable in her dealings with others, those feelings currently being very present as she awaited Akito's response to her request. He seemed to be quite troubled and for not quite the first time she found herself wondering if she was overstepping her boundaries... They did barely know one another and their clans didn't quite get along after all... She couldn't blame him for thinking of her as a nuisance and just leaving or telling her to go away.

Out of the corner of her eye she could see the boss still watching them, a vaguely concerned look on her face. She was one of the few that knew of her struggles and perhaps that was why she was trying to meddle in her affairs. It was annoying but it wasn't entirely unwelcome. sometimes the assist was needed and she had accepted that... even as much as she didn't really like it. With that said even if she did appreciate the act of kindness she still really didn't appreciate being watched over like she couldn't handle herself.

She didn't have long to think on that as just a moment later, though in truth it felt like an eternity, Akito responded affirmatively, Inokara unable to help but giggle as she broke out into a smile. "Not to worry, I only throw things at people who annoy me." she spoke, glancing over towards the boss whom averted her gaze.

She tilted her head as she returned her attention to Akito, a bit confused by the question he asked. "Hmm? If you mean the fact that we were being watched, my coworkers are just nosy. They always get like this with unusual pairings and well... we would qualify, given the relations between our families..." she responded, blushing as she took a deep breath. "If you mean that projectile incident... well... I've been told that I get emotional very easily and have trouble with keeping said emotions in check. I felt a surge of annoyance at being watched like I couldn't handle myself and... you saw the result."
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Drak » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:06 pm

“I will make a note not to annoy you,” Akito said with a chuckle. It was a mostly genuine laugh, with just the slightest sheen of nervousness around the edges. “Like I said, I get enough of that on the clock.”

As Inokara replied to his question, Akito took a few rapid bites of his food. From youth, his table manners had been drilled nearly as intensely as his skills as a shinobi. He was used to a stern rap across the back of the head from a Hyuuga auntie for shoveling food into his mouth, so – like many Hyuuga boys – as a teenager he had learned how to quickly devour a meal with all the poise and precision of a trained dinner guest.

Akito was never enmeshed with his peers enough to join on the competitions, but young Hyuuga would sometimes call it Eight Trigrams: Sixty Four Seconds of Food, and would compete to see who could down a course the quickest without attracting the ire of the elders. The problem with activating that jutsu was that it left one open to sudden surprises. Usually that meant being caught by an elder, but Inokara’s comment about odd pairings certainly qualified, and it came close to sending a cube of beef straight down Akito’s windpipe. Akito cleared his throat and tapped his chest, diverting a disaster, and chewed his mouthful of food properly this time, reaching for his tea after swallowing.
Between the comment and how close he had come to choking on his food, Akito could feel a warm redness sneaking its way up his neck, enveloping his ears, and spreading out onto his face. He hoped that Inokara hadn’t noticed everything that had just happened.

I was right to feel like a zoo animal; right to feel odd about the whole situation. Still, I told her that I could help with her little errand, and it would make me look bad to renege on my offer now. Besides, just because her coworkers put her in this situation doesn’t mean she wanted it. Like she said, the relations between our families alone should be enough to disqualify that. An ordinary man in ordinary circumstances should be overjoyed to get set up like this. Me though? When all the powers that be keep me from taking advantage? Then again...

Akito noticed that Inokara was blushing too. He cleared his throat again.

“I… um… mostly meant the former,” Akito said with a slight stammer, looking away for a moment. “But the latter was… good to know too.” He ended with a slight upward pitch, almost like he was asking a question.

There was a short pause.

“For what it is worth, I thought you handled yourself admirably the other day, when you were summoned to the training grounds. I think your emotions won that day.”

Akito smiled at her, and again, against his wishes or -- he thought -- his better judgement, he felt a redness begin creeping up his neck.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Kabu

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Kabu » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:18 pm

As the pair continued to converse Inokara could feel herself blushing, it honestly made her want to run away and hide. Being so openly candid like this was just so very embarrassing, a sensation that she hadn't really felt before now. It was somehow both ticklish and utterly shameful. "I uh... thank you." she simply spoke, occupying herself with her food as she fell into silence.

From there silence reigned as the pair finished their meals, Inokara for perhaps the first time in her life having found herself to be lost for words. What was she supposed to say now? It wasn't like she could look to the boss for help, the woman having skipped off sometime ago.

Surely Masami-Sensei or Souta would know what to do..." she thought to herself, slowly shaking her head as the thought occurred to her. No, she knew how that would go down. Masami would maybe give her a hint but otherwise leave her to figure it out on her own, and that was exactly what she was going to do. Thinking too hard about things like this had never been her strong suit, largely because it just often led to a spiral of negativity. She was much better suited to thinking on her feet and reacting to new situations as they came to light.

And so with that in mind she cleared her plate and turned her attention back towards Akito, standing up from her seat once he had finished his own meal. "So, shall we get going? By the way... I apologize if this has all been embarrassing. I really would still like for us to get to know one another and be friends. she spoke, clearly still embarrassed but otherwise having regained her footing as it were. At this moment there really was nothing more that she wanted than to become friends, and this excursion was the perfect way to make that happen. It may involve a diversion or two but she was going to do this on her own terms and nobody was going to get in her way.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Drak

The Mid-Day Cafe Shift

Post by Drak » Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:51 pm

This is going… poorly? Akito thought as they ate in silence. Maybe that was the wrong thing to say. She seemed distressed that she lost control like that, and I felt the need to console her. She’s still blushing, but she’s also looking around. Hoping for a rescue?

A waitress walked behind Inokara. She slowed down just enough to give Inokara a piteous look, and Akito an angry one before rushing off.

I suppose I deserved that. That path of consolation was obviously the wrong one. Still, there must be a way to salvage this. Some stratagem I can deploy. Although… maybe there isn’t a need. It will make it a less pleasant experience, but I needn’t do more than help her with a quick errand and be done with it. That said, I want this to go well…

Why though? Despite the wishes and machinations of her colleagues, she doesn’t seem to want this to turn into… what? A date? It’s probably better that way.

Akito thought back to a few days prior, when he had eavesdropped on a meeting of the Hyuuga elders. Not only had he learned that they never planned to arrange a marriage for him, but he heard them openly hope for his death either at the hands of the Crescent invaders or in the mountains of Rock Country.

But, if given no other option, then why should I not let the sins of the father follow into the second generation?

When the pair finished their food, Inokara stood and invited him on the errand.

“We shall,” Akito said, reaching into an inside pocket from which he produced a ryo bill. Leaving it on the table, he stood and brushed himself off.“What is the nature of this errand, anyway?”

Or maybe this is fine. The meal was awkward near the end, but she seems to be just about back where she was: earnestly friendly. A relief to find here.

As the pair walked out, Akito reached up and undid his formal topknot. His straight, shiny, ink-black hair cascaded down just past his shoulders before Akito caught it and tied it back behind his head, folding his ponytail up along the back of his head to keep it out of the way.

“If we are going to get to know one another,” Akito said as he adjusted his hair. “We should probably share… something about ourselves.”

I hope this one goes better than my last attempt at conversation. If not, I don’t know where else to go. In many ways, this is foreign territory for me.

“I specialize in long-range reconnaissance and intelligence gathering and close combat…” Akito trailed off. “Apologies, that is my mission introduction. You probably don’t want to hear that. Outside of missions I like um… shogi and calligraphy.”

Was that a strange thing to say?

“Other than being a jounin who works in a cafe, what goes on in the world of Inokara?”
Last edited by Drak on Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”