Higher Education

Tenzin sets up an appointment to meet Kokou and one of his professors Akito

Texas

Higher Education

Post by Texas » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:26 am

A university? Higher form of learning past the academy process? Tenzin gazed upon the paperwork at his Anbu Office as he read the debrief of this organization within Konohagakure no sato. It had seemed like there was a Dean/Principle of some sort and then a few professors. The silver haired commander couldn't help but grin at the opportunity that arise from such an institution. Granted the Anbu had already vetted out Academy students that had potential, but the thought of vetting out shinobi that have progressed and proven them wrong... would be great science. Even the built in amenities that the school had gave a great chance and an almost unlimited supply of potential subjects. The shinobi lifted up the papers and smacked the bottom against the desk so they all lined up together. After swiftly placing them back in their folder and leaving it on his desk, the man stood up and started to walk out of the facility.

He had put in a request to meet with the head master and one of his trusted professors. Tenzin wanted to gain from this conversation, but would only seek information and make requests if they were trusted enough. The man was a little bit more loose with his role in Konoha due to his future plans of testing out his cloning capabilities on himself.

The man had made his way to the University, which was this large beautiful structure. It had a fresh new look to it and although Tenzin would never admit it, he was rather impressed by the progress the village has made as a whole. Tenzin would enter the building and start following the signs to the Dean's office. What was an entrance without a little test? The Banin started walking normally, but did so in silence. The shinobi was curious about the capabilities of the staff in this facility and there was no better way than testing two things: Their perception and their sensory. As the man silent walked through the halls, his body would naturally leak chakra. If anyone was able to sense his chakra or his presence, they would feel a little bit sick to their stomach.

Would Tenzin be stopped in the halls or would he be able to walk right into the Dean's office?

Jutsu UsedShow

[Way of the Ninja • Silent Step]
B-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Pre-Requisite: [Way of the Ninja • Survey]
Using skills gained over time, the user has developed a technique of walking silently. By avoiding noisy obstacles and taking a path that would ensure silence as long as the target doesn't have a technique of the same rank or higher.

[Blurb from Tenzin's Ability: The chakra itself is black in color and when sensed, it gives a sickly feeling to the stomach]
Characters
NameVillageRank
Hatake, TenzinKonohagakure no SatoBannin - [color=#BF0000]Text Color[/color]
Ishiguro, AkihikoKumogakure no SatoChuunin - [color=#FF4080]Text Color[/color]
Kisama, GinjiroHeart EmpireNatsubushi - [color=#80BF80]Text Color[/color]
MurasakiIwagakure no SatoGenin - [color=#FF8040]Text Color[/color]
Test Thread

Drak

Higher Education

Post by Drak » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:21 pm

“Akito-san,” Kagura, Akito’s assistant said, opening the door to his office. Akito’s preference would have been for last names, but since he and Kokou shared one, the staff had settled on using their first names. “Someone just set up an appointment with Kokou, and he also requests you attend. It’s a meeting with Tenzin Hatake – the bannin.”

Curious. What could he want with the University? A position, perhaps?

Akito raised his eyebrows. He recognized that name. He was, of course, a bannin which would be reason enough to recognize him. Additionally, he and Akito had the slimmest of personal connections. Tenzin was a year his senior, and they had been in the Academy at the same time. Akito remembered looking up to him then, even if they had never been close. Additionally, when Tenzin graduated and became a genin, he had been placed on a team with one of Akito’s Hyuuga cousins.

Why did Akito remember that? Placement of recently graduated Hyuugas was always big news on the clan compound: reason to celebrate even. At the celebration, he vividly remembered the girl’s father sitting her down, pointing to Akito and his parents, and telling her “You must be careful around your new teammates. If you get too close to them, you will end up like Shigure over there, with a half-breed child. Be cordial, yes. Work with them, yes. But remember that you are Hyuuga and as such are above such base boys.”

“Very well, Kagura-san,” Akito said. “Put it on my calendar, and I will be there.”

When the day of the meeting arrived, Akito was neck deep in developing his new Ink jutsu. He had perfected summoning small creatures and having them report their findings to him. He had also spent some time figuring out how to create larger creatures. Specifically, he had been experimenting with large snakes. His desk was littered in papers with drawings of them ranging from crude to elaborate. If one was not familiar with Ink Release, one would assume that he was some snake-obsessed art professor.

One common theme he had found in his research was combining sensory jutsu with Ink Release. Akito had tried many times to ‘see’ through the eyes of his creatures, but with limited success. As the hour of their meeting neared, Akito finally began to make some progress: he summoned a small, ink black cat and with great focus was able to cover one of his eyes and ‘see’ what the cat could in his mind’s eye.

Akito let the cat return to its scroll and glanced at the clock. He wanted to try that a few more times, but he would need to meet Kokou and Tenzin soon.

If I knew exactly when Tenzin was arriving, I would have plenty of time to get to Kokou’s office before him.

A light bulb went off in Akito’s head. He grabbed a sheet of paper and quickly sketched a crow on it. With a few hand seals, he brought the crow to life and tasked it to keep watch for Tenzin. When it saw him, it was to return to Akito’s office and let him know. Akito opened his window and the crow flew out. Akito tried creating a few other creatures: rats, birds, spiders, and seeing through their eyes. He was starting to get the hang of things.

Akito’s next idea was to try to sense chakra through his creatures. He had plenty of experience sensing chakra: not only had he dabbled in sensory jutsu, but his chosen type of taijutsu was predicated on being able to literally see chakra. As he pondered how he might use this to his advantage, he heard flapping outside his window. The crow he had sent back glided in and alighted on the sheet of paper it had been summoned from, before melting back onto the paper, its inky body forming the words “Tenzin is here.”

Akito quickly gathered some paper and pens into a folio and rushed out of his office. He was wearing his usual formal attire: black tunic, heavy navy hakama, and a white haori. His long, black hair was tied into a topknot, and his Konoha headband was fastened neatly on his forehead.

“I have something to show you,” Akito said as he entered Kokou’s office, where they were slated to meet with Tenzin. Taking one of the chairs opposite Kokou, Akito laid his folio on Kokou’s desk, opened it, and produced a drawing of a snake. With a longer than usual series of hand seals, Akito bade the snake come to life. It leapt from the page, and slithered across Kokou’s desk, down one of its legs, and out of the room.

“Forgive the snake on your desk, but I have discovered how to see through the eyes of my ink creatures, and if my hypothesis just now is correct, I may also be able to sense chakra through them as well,” Akito said, placing his pen down and covering his right eye with his hand.

Akito watched in his mind’s eye as the snake wound its way up a pipe. The snake curved with the pipe, holding on and corkscrewing around it as it became parallel to the ceiling. After a minute or so, the snake located Tenzin and began tailing him, making sure to stay up high and keep out of sight.

Akito focused further, hoping that his hypothesis was correct and that he would be able to sense chakra through the snake. A few deep breaths, and Akito could begin to feel something: a strange uneasiness, and a sick feeling in the pit of his stomach. For a moment he thought he had made a mistake, but when he moved his focus away from Tenzin to another student, the feeling lessened.

Curious. I wonder what sort of jutsu he is using to induce this effect. Something to avoid detection perhaps? I wonder if he will notice the snake following him at such a distance.

Akito continued to observe Tenzin as he wound through the corridors of the school to where he and Kokou were waiting.

“He is turning left now. He has paused to check a sign. Now he is continuing on his way.” Akito excitedly narrated Tenzin’s progress to Kokou. “He does seem to have some sort of repellent jutsu active on himself which is making me somewhat nauseous.”

Akito continued to narrate the man’s movements to Kokou as he approached the office.

“Seeing through the eyes of this snake is certainly different. It is not quite as disconcerting as the omnidirectional vision of the Byakugan was the first time I activated it, but it is certainly unusual. As it winds its way around the pipes above the halls, I experience its vision tumbling in my mind’s eye.”

When Tenzin reached the door to Kokou’s office, he would hear Akito’s voice from behind it.

“Soon, soon, aaaaaand now,” he would say as Tenzin reached for the door. Upon opening the door he would see Akito seated in one of the room’s chairs, turned around in his seat, a hand over one of his eyes, and a look of contemplation on the rest of his face.
Jutsu LearnedShow
WC: 1202/(400 + 400 + 400 = 1200)
Remote Viewing
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Sensory Proficiency
With some additional hand seals, Akito will be able to see through the eyes of any summoned Ink creature in his mind's eye as long as he keeps one hand over his eye. For creatures with powerful senses of smell or hearing, Akito will be able to absorb information from their hightened senses.

Beast Imitation Drawing: Serpent
C-Rank Ninjutsu
After drawing a snake onto a paper and channelling chakra into it, Akito can make hand seals over the paper and bring the creature to life. The snake can be up to five meters in length. It can move with Speed [Control/2], constrict enemies with Strength [Control], and bite enemies with a necrotic poision.

Chakra Sensing
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: Sensory Proficiency, Remote Viewing
With some additional hand seals, Akito will be able to sense the chakra of any people or jutsu within 25 meters of an Ink creature which he is currently using for Remote Viewing unless it his hidden with a jutsu of higher rank.
Akito HyuugaKonohaJounin#008080

Jirou Kisama
Heart EmpireAkibushi#BF4000

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

King of Cats
User flair: DM for RP

Higher Education

Post by King of Cats » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:54 pm

The life of a university dean was not the life that Kokou had seen for himself as a youth. He expected himself to be a great hero by the age of sixteen. He figured he would be married and maybe raising a son by now, but here he was in the office with Akito, waiting for the esteemed arrival of the Bannin, Tenzin. The professor, Akito, was wildly intuitive with his studies and had served the university with great papers so far, so he had been chosen as a representative of the University. While his main research topic, a Body Transfer jutsu scroll lost to a crpyt in Fire Country, had yet to be investigated fully, Akito was beyond his years in book smarts and intrigued Kokou deeply. The man had read as much as Kokou and that was certainly impressive. As he came into Kokou's office talking about his latest breakthroughs, Kokou found himself surrounded by the warmth of knowledge. Kokou listened intently to what Akito told him. Akito had some inspiring works to read about and had reignited an interest in fuuinjutsu in Kokou so he was respected in the office of the dean. He silently listened to his elder and continued sitting at his desk. He was writing up a request for the village.

"Dear Councilwoman Marra, the University of Konoha writes to the Board of Finances once again with the most sincere of introductions..." Kokou wrote. He was giving it to them good. The University has just begun study on cadaver cells and needed a pay raise. It was important, but not as important as the happenings of the day. When Tenzin arrived Kokou put his pen down put his smile on. "Welcome to the University."

The mystery of Tenzin's dark aura wasn't lost on Kokou, but he merely knew he wouldn't be able to study it under such circumstances. He kept quiet about his suspicions and soaked up Akito's commentary. The young man was truly a card. With Tenzin in the room though, Kokou focused his attention on the ANBU commander. As a jounin Kokou knew that Tenzin worked closely with Konoha's most trusted, his work had made him privy to such knowledge. It did not however tell him everything he would have liked to know. Kokou was laregely uninformed of what Tenzin's purpose was, or even who he was really. He had heard of him but that was it really. Kokou knew he was in the war. The young dean of the University was eager to get to know Tenzin.He was eager to share with him the work of the University.

With plenty of time to prepare an introduction for when they met, Kokou began speaking his organized speech. "As you know I am Kokou Hyuuga, and this is Akito Hyuuga. I am the Dean of the University, and Akito is my trusted professor. We are here to serve Konoha's future by putting forth the finest examples of modern science. We perform a variety of studies at the university. From gene splicing to studying jutsu scrolls, we truly do a bit of everything. We have a wide array of staff whom are versed in various aspects of jutsu, science, mathematics and history; and we are here to ultimately serve the people. We comb through the village to find the brightest minds, like Akito here, and work our hardest to provide answers for the people." Kokou took a deep breath in and held his hands out. "How can we sere you Tenzin? Kokou's pink eyes looked deeply into Tenzin's, it was clear that Kokou was looking to connect with Tenzin over the University.
Nara, Shiroyasha • Genin • Konohagakure no Sato
Kaguya, Renji • Chuunin • Kirigakure no Sato
Hyuuga, Kokou • Jounin • Konohagakure no Sato
Takumi, Hiroshi • Jounin • Sunagakure no Sato
Shuryo, Roku • Harubushi • Heart Empire

Texas

Higher Education

Post by Texas » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:37 am

The man's scarred fingers gripped the handle and opened the door. Upon entering the room he would glare with his turquoise eyes, the setting within the room. 'Great, two Hyuugs.' he thought as he saw one with pure white eyes, black hair, and some scars on his face. It was a familiar face. Although to Tenzin, almost all the Hyuuga looked alike. Those people really didn't have much.... diversity in the looks department. The man wondered if he had met him before, but unless they really broke down their past, there wouldn't be a great way to put a finger on it. Tenzin would then shift his attention ever-so-slightly to another man standing there with the same kind of eyes... but pink? How did someone like this get past his radar. Those eyes would certainly be something Tenzin would have loved to... "learn" about.

The silver haired man walked in with a smile that contradicted his chakra. He would slightly lift up his right elbow with his hand up in the air. "Good morning gentlemen." It wouldn't take long before Kokou lead with introductions and divulged more information before Tenzin could even ask. This university was everything the young man wanted to learn. It really didn't take Tenzin long to hear the magic words of "gene splicing". If the university was going to participate in that kind of behavior, then their limits of research could hold no bounds. In fact, this also meant that any and all research could be protected under the umbrella of "academic research". All things that favored the young bannin.

Tenzin would place both of his hands in his pockets and look back and forth between the two men. It was a shame Tenzin had decided to further his own personal research for the time being. He would have liked to spar with the two Hyuuga Clan members. However, coming back to the university as a student to research their progress was also a future potential as well. "I see you guys are really going to expand your academic studies for the sake of Konoha." The turquoise eyed Hatake shifted his body position slightly to lightly lean to the right as his arms raised and folded over his chest. "I came here to get a better understanding of your facility. I intend on sending my nephew here and wanted to get a gauge of not only the dean," he said as he glared at the pink eyed man. "But also the facility as a whole and it's staff," Tenzin finished as he shifted his attention to Akito.

After looking at both of them with his arms folded Tenzin continued. "If you don't mind giving me a little tour and telling me about yourself.. I would appreciate that." Tenzin would take a mental note of their process. It was interesting to him that they were combing the village for the brightest minds and unique abilities. It seemed like the Academy was almost a breeding ground for potential Anbu Operatives that were missed at a young age.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

Drak

Higher Education

Post by Drak » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm

Akito lowered his hand from his eye and stood up to face Tenzin.

“Good afternoon Hatake-san,” Akito said with a bow. “I am Akito Hyuuga, one of the professors here. We have met before, in passing, but never formally like this. My current research project involves tracking down certain jutsu scrolls,” Akito turned his head to gauge Kokou’s reaction; to see if he should feel free to reveal more. “And beyond that, I have been working with elemental and sensory ninjutsu.”

Akito covered his eye with one of his hands again and immediately walked over to the door.

“In fact, you are going to see one of my projects right now,” he said, as he opened the door slightly to let in a jet black snake about two feet long. Akito closed the door behind it, and the snake slithered up Kokou’s desk and onto a large piece of paper spread out on the desk. Akito made a hand seal, and the snake began to melt back into the paper. Akito walked back over to it, blew on the paper, and glanced over it.

“A combination of Ink and Sensory jutsu. I was watching you make your way here through its eyes,” Akito said, as he handed Tenzin the paper. On it was a detailed account of Tenzin making his way there, including a note about the sickening chakra he was emitting. “It is relatively simple now, but I am exploring how I might push Ink into the realms of scouting and surveillance. Better stealth capabilities would be the obvious next step."

Akito stopped himself from rambling.

"While I was observing you, I could sense some sort of unpleasant chakra aura coming off of you. What was that? Some kind of weak anti-sensory jutsu?”

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

King of Cats

Higher Education

Post by King of Cats » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:29 pm

When Tenzin introduced himself Kokou found his hands folded together, elbows resting on the table. His clasped hands were pulled to his lips and Kokou sat in silence. He was listening to Tenzin. Kokou had great respect for him as a ninja. Tenzin came from the upper echelon of important people in Konoha. Perhaps only jinchuriki were held so closely by the powerful, but Kokou didn't know enough of Tenzin to comment on that. He did find it unusual that Tenzin's chara carried such an off-putting vibe. The scientist in Kokou wanted to dissect Tenzin's chakra network and discover what it was that caused such an anomaly. Kokou knew of few ways that chakra could be altered. Natural energy was one way, his own had been altered in such a way. As well extreme modifications of the bdy, involving jutsu, could alter the tenketsu and give the chakra an abnormal quality. Kokou had never seen it, but the theory had jumped in and out of his head over the last few years. Kokou couldn't help but wonder what it was that altered Tenzin's body, but he didn't lose his focus over it. He kept his attention on Tenzin and paid heed to what he said.

"But the whole facility and it's staff." Tenzin had said. Kokou wondered what he meant by that. He decided he wouldn't try to talk his way around it, he was curious but it was obvious that Tenzin wasn't there to mince words. Tenzin was there, supposedly, texting the waters for his nephew. Kokou set it in his mind that he would make Tenzin feel welcome at the university. Now Kokou had his hands clasped together on the table. His mouth was visible and the pink eyed Hyuuga spoke confidently. "We would be more than obliged to take in your nephew as a scholar. We offer lessons for those still studying the art of science. Likewise if he has comparable skills to my staff as a scholar we could accept him as a professor. The pleasure would be ours Tenzin." Kokou paused for a second and stood up. He walked over to his book shelf and pulled a small book out. It was probably three hundred pages long. Kokou set it on the desk and pushed it to Tenzin, then he sat back down.

"Before that though you must learn of me, and from where I come from." Kokou was smiling still, and his pink eyes were looking directly into Tenzin's turquoise eyes. "Well as I have said, I am Kokou Hyuuga. I have been the dean here for exactly 7 months and three days, as long as the university has been open. As a ninja with prodigious talent I was blessed to be recognized by the village for my work, and using my influence I founded this institution out of my desire to share knowledge with Konohagakure. I am a fierce loyalist of our village, and I intend to protect it to the best of my ability. By studying chakra and learning new ways to interact with it we can improve the quality of life for everyone. From solving hunger, to curing diseases," Kokou lifted his eyebrow, curious if that was something that led to Tenzin's sickening chakra. He quickly put it down though, it was almost unnoticeable. "To more peaceful wartime solutions, this university is designed to tackle problems the village faces. Make no mistake though, this institution is mainly a wartime focus. We dedicate a lot of time and money to the military." Kokou lifted his hand in Akito's direction. "For example.. Akito here is working on a project involving the fabled Body Transfer jutsu. I have a theory that with this mysterious jutsu's secrets unraveled, the Yamanaka clan will be able to implement new techniques into the villages espionage work. He is the head of this study. He is going to make breakthroughs on Consciousness Control that the Yamanaka clan hasn't seen in decades. And the fact that it will come from the University, a non-partisan party in the village, will speak volumes to other nations. By working together with the village as scientists we will make amazing progress for Konohagakure, and by extension Fire Country."

Kokou paused and then looked at the book he had set in front of Tenzin. "As you may have noticed, I am a unique case among the Hyuuga. My eyes are pink, and my Byakugan is beyond the norm. That book contains all of the known data on my pink Byakugan. Something you surely haven't read, and you may find useful. My eyes are a cut above the typical Byakugan." Kokou activated his Byakugan without handseals. The pale pink eyes in his head focused and veins began to bulge around Kokou's temples. "I can shrink things with these eyes." Kokou focused his sight on the book he had passed to Tenzin, and then he began channeling his chakra into the book. In jus ta second the book began shrinking down to the side of a match. It was unreadable now, but Kokou quickly resized it. "A useful ability. Though I'm sure it is merely a parlor trick compared to the feats your eyes have witnessed." Kokou laughed and nudged the book closer to Tenzin. "For your eyes only, but keep it. A reminder of your time spent here today." Kokou's voice sounded scratchy and he softly growled out a cough to clear it.

"Now! A tour!" Kokou stood up and motioned for Akito to stand as well. The young dean sounded exceptionally excited for this part of his meeting with Tenzin. "Today I recieved some miraculous word of a study that is going swimmingly." Kokou walked over to the door and before he opened it he said, "This particular study is my current favorite. I would like to share it with you both. We are going to see the progress made on Ashfar, a demon sword recovered from deep in the underground tunnels of Wind Country." Kokou was still smiling wide, his excitement turning up with every word he spoke. "Previously it was unknown what this sword could do. But we have found someone capable of wielding it and they are prepared to put on a demonstration for us." Kokou opened up the door, waiting for everyone to get ready to leave the office.

Texas

Higher Education

Post by Texas » Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:03 am

The shinobi looked upon Akito as he informed Tenzin about his skills and what he was trying to progress in. Sure goals are always made set to be made, but his Anbu nature kicked in and there was only shock going in his brain. Maybe it was because he was a professor, but the shinobi was interested as to why the techniques he was working on were being divulged to him. It wasn't that Tenzin didn't want to hear it, it was more that he believed that all shinobi should keep their techniques were private. If Tenzin was to go rogue he would have a fighting chance of countering the man. With that being said, he was thoroughly impressed by the combo. There was hope other than the Anbu Blackops and that alone made Tenzin's decision to make true alterations to his body even more solidified.

The shinobi gazed upon the average looking Hyuuga as he spoke about his technique, his past, and even his comments about his chakra. The Anbu Commander didn't like the way his chakra emitted, it almost defeated the purpose of his covert counterpart... due to it being so different. With a slight smile, he would interact with Akito a little bit. "Ahh what a wonderful combination of techniques. A unique way to utilize Ink, I would love to know in the future how you master it fully." The man would keep his arms folded before continuing. "I knew you looked familiar, maybe we saw each other in different settings, but I tend to do missions alone. Especially since I was a genin." A slight sigh as his right arm moved up to rest on his folded arms, the hand itself out rest on Tenzin's chin as if he was thinking. "Yes this chakra of mine. Unfortunately, it was an experiment gone wrong. I plan on fixing it in the near future." He would simply put his arm over his chest. "I am glad to see a Hyuuga expanding the boundaries of their abilities. You both are born with such a great asset, it only makes sense to make it stronger."

As he finished his sentence, he would turn his attention to pinkie. Although Tenzin was interested in his background, his intrusive surgical nature picked up on several different techniques and studies that were said out loud. This caused the man to think more in depth of what they were looking to do. What caught Tenzin's attention the most was Kokou's fascination with the Yamanaka House. Sure they had an incredibly unique technique, however to understand it further... it was an interesting fascination. Tenzin would turn slightly to gaze upon the book that was shrunk.

After watching and listening, he would return his attention to the two. It was clear by their words and by their techniques, that they had to be watched. All of this talk of other clans, scientists, and further research was a very fine line that could easily be crossed. Regardless, the Bannin kept a straight face while. "Well Kokou, it seems as though you and Akito have truly expanded your abilities. I am excited to see just how they evolve further. But yes, Lets go!" The shinobi would leave first since he was near the door, however he would wait for the other two and follow them. When the exited out, Tenzin would shift his attention slightly. "Akito, what go you interested in higher education?"

Scientifically, Tenzin's interest was not slated within Konoha. He would love to get his hands on the outside techniques, abilities, etc that the other world had to offer. The mention of the demon sword was interesting, but it being in wind country was more interesting. The man held his arms crossed, but flexed his muscles a little bit. With a sharp gaze towards the two of them as they walked, the tone would appear as light. Although in the back of the Bannin's mind, if he didn't like the answer, he would have to do something about this. "I would love to see a demonstration. How did a school located in Konoha find a sword in wind country? Especially with a war going on?"
Last edited by Texas on Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

King of Cats

Higher Education

Post by King of Cats » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:57 pm

As they walked the group chatted. The halls were relatively empty, most professors weren't allowed to disturb Kokou during the day. There were a few squirrels that went by though, a study being performed by one of the professors. The squirrels had the ability to produce exploding acorns out of their bum, but currently it killed them so the study wasn't going far. The squirrels made excellent pets though. Kokou paid them no mind as he walked with the group.

Answering Tenzin, Kokou slowed his walk down a bit. He was leading the group and he didn't want to run into anybody as he talked about highly confidential information. Kokou activated his Byakugan and peered around the corners of the hallway. Once he was sure it was safe Kokou kept his Gyakugan active and said to Tenzin, "A most curious turn of events. The sword possessed a bandit and he carved a path of destruction to Fire Country. Upon entering the nation Konohagakure sent out a very large team of ninja to dispatch the bandit and collect the sword. Wind Country has no desires for the cursed blade, so we are free to keep it." Kokou picked up his speed again and deactivated his Byakugan. He really didn't like flexing his ocular prowess during the common hours.

Kokou remained silent the rest of the walk, himself thinking about what kind of wonder the group would see when they came up on the sword.

The group made their way to a large, steel door. It was locked behind a Fuuinjutsu seal and Kokou unlocked it. He gestured for the group to come in. As they entered the room they would notice the place to be exceptionally empty, save for a few desks littered with notes and books. In the middle of the room there was a short, red haired girl. She looked to be dressed in a lab coat, and her toe nails were painted orange. The young woman was holding a black sword. It has long spines extending out of the spine of the blade, sort of like a mohawk, and the blade had a wide set hand guard with spokes in it. At the end of the handle was a round eyelet that seemed to be welded to the sword. In the middle of the eyelet was an ominously green, slit pupil eye. The woman raised the sword to the group and waved, "Kokou! And company! Welcome!"

Suddenly there was a voice that filled the room. "Yes, welcome to my nightmare." The voice sounded terribly bored, and it's scratchy voice sent chills down the average persons spine. The woman, remarkably, sheathed the sword and walked over to the group.

Drak

Higher Education

Post by Drak » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:07 am

“Truth be told, my interests lie more with research than education. With the threat of war, I had been engaged in independent jutsu research. Much of my time was being spent in the Hyuuga library, which was where I met Kokou. He quite literally recruited me straight from there. Excuse me one moment.”

Akito put his hand on Kokou’s shoulder as the squirrels ran by them.

“We need to get rid of those squirrels,” he whispered to Kokou, hoping he wouldn’t be overheard. “They are an embarrassment. They are going to explode in front of the wrong person,” he gestured with his head to Tenzin. “And cost us funding or worse.”

He let go of Kokou and turned back to Tenzin.

“Apologies. That was a matter of housekeeping and,” Akito paused for a second, seemingly wondering how much he should say. “Pest control.”

“Tenzin, you mentioned that you were exploring the possibility of sending your nephew here. What can you tell us about the boy? Academy performance, skills, affinities, interests? I may be able to speak on some of the work being done here that might be of interest to him.”

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Texas

Higher Education

Post by Texas » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:03 pm

With a slight cock of his right eyebrow, Tenzin gazed upon the two as they whispered together. Tenzin hated secrets. No, Tenzin hated secrets he didn't know about. After a few seconds, the man changed his face back to normal and started looking around at the corridor they were walking through. The school itself was rather impressive. He didn't think there would ever be something like this within the walls of Konoha. Maybe this was a good sign that the village as a whole was progressing.

As great as this academy was.... it was a very slippery slope. Which is why Tenzin took it upon himself to take a gander at this school. It is also why, he plans to continuously keep an eye on this academy. Tenzin nodded and looked at each of them as they spoke. He made a point to look at each of their eyes as they informed him of different information, introductions, back stories, but most importantly questions. At this point, the Anbu Commander was taking tabs and notes on both of these individuals.

The shinobi looked at Akito as he apologized for the some kind of "Pest Control" per his words, then why whisper it? Before Tenzin could inquire about his behavior, Akito asked him a rather annoying question in Tenzin's Eyes. However, it does make sense since he did offer information like that his nephew was joining.

"Meh, he isn't my son, but I suppose he has potential. I want him to join here so he can maximize whatever he has. My hopes aren't necessarily high, but if he is going to look similar to me due to being the in family, then I want him to at least contribute one way or another." Tenzin would pause for only a moment. "He probably won't have any direction, at least none I have heard of. That's why he would benefit from here. Maybe you could look after him and try to make something out of the boy. What is your process when tapping into the potential of others?"

Although Tenzin was only a teacher for Academy students, he had an understanding at training and tapping into those before him. It was a quick snap question, but one that should have been thought about.... unless he was ready for that question. Which as a professor, he very well could be.

Tenzin was looking into the pink eyes of the College's Dean as he spoke about the coincidence of finding this sword. While hiding his skeptical thoughts, the shinobi simply replied with "What a great coincidence for Konoha. I would love to take a deeper look. Have you guys made any headway with what it necessarily can do?"
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

King of Cats

Higher Education

Post by King of Cats » Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:28 pm

Talking to Tenzin about what the sword could do was as slippery of a slope of Kokou could tread upon. The initial findings of the sword were basic. It seemed to be no greater than the average enchanted sword, besides the fact it could see and speak. Upon further studying it would come to find out that the sword could actually read people's mind. Kokou wished to keep that a secret, for now. After all, he was bringing Tenzin to see the sword so that Tenzin could be amazed for himself. Kokou nodded to Tenzin when he asked if they had found out what exactly the sword could do. "Ashfar has an amazing powe One you see so rarely it is always worthwhile to study it." Kokou was smiling a most innocent smile, the smile of a scholar.

Inside of the room, Vanil, the professor working with the demon sword, rushed over to greet the group. The sword was sheathed but it's eye was wide open and attentive. It was watching everyone in the room with it's eerie gaze. Kokou u was used to it however. He had often spent time in the swords presence, the eye of Ashfar only slightly unnerved him. Kokou greeted Vanil and then turned to the group. "Alright so here we are. This sword is a product of the spiritually active desert of Wind Country. It's very exotic. Unfortunately I can't let you wield it, Ashfar has incredibly powerful possession abilities and a dangerous penchant for chaos." The eye of Ashfar was fixed on Kokou. "Vanil here, however, is willing to give us a show of the sword. Of course it can fire deadly wind blasts, we didn't gather to see that. I'm sure you yourself, Tenzin, could even produce such epic feats. No, instead what we have come to observe is Ashfar mind reading ability." Kokou paused. His smile was wide and he was looking at Vanil. She was smiling widely too. "That's right, Ashfar can read minds. Of course only the present thought you are thinking, but still it is a very powerful ability." Kokou motioned for Vanil to stand next to him. "Before we begin, any questions?"

Drak

Higher Education

Post by Drak » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:57 pm

Something about his answer isn’t quite sitting right with me. Nothing sticks out as a red flag, but he seems oddly disinterested in his nephew for someone personally touring the school to make sure it’s up to his standards. Oddly vague about the boy’s skills too. Probably nothing.

“Generally, someone coming to the university has an area of research in mind already. That can be as general as Genjutsu or as specific as, well,” Akito lowered his voice. “A certain demonic sword.”

Akito’s voice returned to its usual volume. “That said, if the boy is really as directionless as you say…” Akito’s voice trailed off and he paused for a moment. “This is not the academy. This is first and foremost an institution of research. It may be beneficial for him to gain some more experience, some more exposure to the wider world before he comes here. That said, if he is truly set on being here, we can arrange something. A rotational assistantship perhaps: give him fixed intervals assisting faculty with a wide variety of interests.”

Akito saw that they were approaching the door behind which lay the sword.

“We can speak about that later though. When we meet the boy in person we can ascertain which faculty would be best matched with him. For now, you should save your attention for what we have to show you.”

When they entered the chamber where Vanil was holding Ashfar, Akito activated his Byakugan and calmly kept his white eyes fixed on the demon sword. This was only his second time laying eyes on the thing. Between how much the sword unnerved him and its penchant for possession and mind reading, Akito thought it prudent to be ready.

Jirou Kisama

Hanzou Fukusha
IwaGenin#800080

Texas

Higher Education

Post by Texas » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:44 pm

The useless shinobi took pleasure in touring this facility as a whole. The man had been locked up between the Anbu hideout and wars lately, he really hasn't had a chance to take a true break. Also, it didn't help his free time was dedicated to preparing his clone. These two were very interesting to the ever more increasing crazy silver haired Bannin. He truly wondered if both of them had the same intentions of being part of this University. The man was also confused by the Pink Byakugan and the man asking a lot about his "Nephew". They were scholars after all... so questions and research were all intertwined by the expanding dedication to education.

With that in mind the truly impressive thing was not the sword itself, but the lengths they would go to get it. It seemed that there was no limit to where they would go in the name of science/education and this truly please the shinobi. Especially considered he had dabbled heavily in dissecting and changing the human body. Upon gazing at the sword, Tenzin heard Akito's words and shot him a look with no emotions as explained how someone directionless wouldn't be the best fit. "Well, at the very least you could seek him out and see for yourself if he would fit. Just because he is directionless, doesn't mean he doesn't have high aptitude to learn. Not all of us are born in clans or houses that give us a starting point." The shinobi hid his distain for clans and houses with his tone, but in truth, the hate ran deep. Maybe it was jealousy, maybe it was frustration that sometimes people born with gifts don't use them, but one common denominator was Tenzin not fully grasping why someone within a clan could ever fall behind of another. As someone who had to teach, due to his own lack of direction, the man wasn't the biggest fans of entitlement that came with some of the youth's from prestigious clans. "I know I just met you Akito, but based on what I've seen, I trust you have the right characteristics to not only push others, but push yourself too. Maybe you can learn the more you teach." A final couple of words, before Tenzin's full attention went to the sword.

The man listened to the swords capabilities. It was interesting and a feat unlike other weapons. This sword had similar characteristics to a crown Yoru once wielded. An interesting concept for an item or a weapon to hold. Something Tenzin would love to see at first hand. He would shift his attention to Kokou and simply mutter, "No, please continue." The man would fold his arms and look forward towards the sword and the scientists near it. What an exciting moment to see how this weapon worked. What Tenzin didn't expect, was for Akito to utilize his Byakugan. If he was to look at Tenzin, he might see the black chakra emitting from him instead of the normal blue.
Characters
NameVillageRank
Test Thread

King of Cats

Higher Education

Post by King of Cats » Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:56 pm

With the sword still sheathed, Vanil was smiling brightly as she listened to the men talk. Tenzin seemed to believe that his nephew would make a good fit, and Vanil was curious if his suspicions were correct. She hadn' theard the whole conversation though, and kept quiet. Kokou overlooked what the two said. As a contemporary Kokou trusted Tenzin's judgement. He was, however, glad to hear what Akito said. The man respected the institution, the university, that Kokou had built from the ground up. It was endearing to hear the two talk about the hopefulness of the University of Konoha.

"Now then, with that settled, let's see what Ashfar is capable of." Kokou said to the group and then gestured for Vanil to grab the sword. "Most people, upon wielding Ashfar, are possessed by the spirit inside the sword. Horrible circumstance, we tested it. Vanilla seems to have an immunity to Ashfar possession, also, curiously, her mind couldn't be read by Ashfar. We aren't certain why, but we suggest it to do with hormone treatments Vanil undergoes monthly. Regardless, she is the only one able to wield Ashfar. Do not ask, even if you are tempted by the sword." Kokou gestured once more for Vanil to pick the sword up into her hands.

The professor, Vanil, promptly grabbed Ashfar, and it's eye opened back up. She began to swing the sword around playfully, as if she were buttering her toast. Kokou continued, "At this moment Ashfar is drawing on Vanil's chakra to read all of our present thoughts, and of course, she can also 'hear' our thoughts. I should note; Ashfar can also read emotions. So if you desire to remain incognito, practice your greatest show of willpower and you may be able to hide yourself from the sword. Now, let's see if Ashfar will speak to us." Kokou stepped closer to the sword, without fear. "Ashfar, what kind of thoughts do you have to report? This is-" Kokou was following the sword swing through the air when he was interrupted by Ashfar.

The Sword cut off Kokou with a snap. "I know who you are Mr. Hyuuga. You seem to be brave today.. fancy picking me up?" Ashfar growled as his voice filled the room. It was a most impactful voice, and Kokou couldn't help but be reminded of the first time Ashfar had tempted the Dean to pick up the sword. "Your heart shuns our past. Grow up, Kokou. If you desire power, you desire me." Vanil stopped swinging the sword, she was still smiling though. "And you! Yes, the Hyuuga." Ashfar locked eyes on Akito. It was reading his thoughts and emotions now.
OOCShow
Control the sword and reveal some thoughts/emotions your character may be feeling.

Return to “Konohagakure no Sato”