Round 4

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:20 pm

Tousha was stricken by a wave of nostalgia as he walked through the entrance of The Konoholic, everything from the rock and roll music blaring out of the large stereo systems littering the bar's ceiling to the smell of an assortment of drinks to choose from. But he didn't have time to stand around enjoying the trip through memory lane.

The kage made a beeline for the stairs that led to the balcony above the dance floor, there it would be relatively quiet because it was basically blocked off from the rest of the bar and the loud noises then ensued. He made it to the top of the stairs and was relieved to see that it was empty. But then his face became somber when he realized that this is where he had first met Keiko, the fiery Senju kunoichi that he had become great friends with in a matter of moments. It had been nearly a month since he had seen the kunoichi, and even longer since he had spoken to her.

Then he looked up at the ceiling and grinned, remembering the damage they had caused trying to break up a bar fight that night. "Surely, it was a night to remember." the old shinobi thought to himself as the bitter sweet memory consumed his attention.

Snap out of it. Twilight's booming voice demanded. You aren't here to think about "the good ol' times," you're here to recruit one of your little guardians.

Tousha sat down at the nearest table and leaned back against his chair, propping the legs of the chair into the air as he placed his feet on the table. "Don't worry, I know what I'm doing." Tousha replied smoothly, a smug grin on his face.
CharacterShow
Former Hokage • Konoha • Nara Tousha

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:22 pm

"Ehhh?" Makoto seemed to have ran the entire way as her breath was slightly off. "Talking to one's self is the first step to insanity Baka... Ermm, Hokage-sama!" With a giant cheerful smile, Makoto gave a mock salute before climbing up the rest of the stairs. Makoto was in her casual attire as it was her day off.

Her clothing consisted of a long white t-shirt with purple borders and a pair of black shorts. Her long black hair was tied to her back in a high ponytail in contrast to the loose ponytail she usually wore during her work days. She wore a pair of black and white sneakers. Makoto didn't wear goggles either, nor did she have a lollipop in her mouth. Instead a light glitter told of a lip gloss. Her odd colored eyes had a strangely cheerful look, although if one looked close enough, they may notice something strangely empty.

Makoto probably looked strange to the Kage as he had never seen her in casual style. Makoto almost looked... Very feminine somehow. It was a contrast to her usual tomboy self although her personality was still of one. It was amazing how few details could change a person.

"So what did you need me for?" Makoto asked as she tossed a paper swan. The paper was a note summoning her here and it had once been in a shape of a simple bird. The swan was well folded and was obvious that it was more for a show rather then design. "Oh yea, by the way~" Genjutsu user smiled as she raised a green bag. There was a box in the size of a regular square bento box bulging out from it. "Baked them this morning, so it's slightly cold." She flashed an apologetic smile as she put the package down onto the table. "Two fruit tarts with strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries, and four almond tea cakes."
Neatness, information, junk, etc. and maybe a bit more.Show
GeninKirigakureYukarin, Raika Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 GeninKonohagakureHishon, NicheMissions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 B-Rank Kumogakure Ude, Naka Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 Special Jounin Sunagakure Kotenta, Sora __ Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Do not click please.Show
You have been warned, go back.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
Tis was a random discovery from deviantart.
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
Regret clicking the spoiler tabs now?
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:41 pm

"I wasn't talking to myself!" Tousha said defensively, his face becoming serious and lined with visible wrinkles across his forehead and around his eyes. But his face became that of a surprised and excited child once Makoto placed the green bag of desserts on the table.

It was strictly prohibited to bring food purchased outside of the bar up to the balcony, but that thought didn't come anywhere near crossing his mind as he opened the package and pulled out one of Mako's delicious tea cakes.

The kage tore a large chunk out of the cake and engulfed it in a matter of moments, sighing with joy as he did. "Oh my god." he said, gesturing for Makoto to sit down in the chair acorss from him, "I haven't had anything to eat all day, thank you so much."

CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:50 pm

"Ne, thought so." Makoto sat across from the Kage and laughed. "You were probably too busy with your work." She had a slightly sarcastic tone. She then sighed and leaned back on the chair. The music still could be heard although faint. It definitely wasn't her taste in music and she sighed.

She allowed few minutes to pass while the Kage ate. Makoto wasn't hungry, actually she was full. Full enough to believe that she will throw up if she even held a lollipop in her mouth. She played around with her long ponytail with a bored look apparent on her face.

Time was passing too slowly now and Makoto couldn't stand it anymore. "So the reason I was summoned was...?" Makoto asked with a slightly interested and yet bored look on her face. She seemed to clear, transparent to her feelings. Such lies. When had she ever been transparent? The thought nearly brought out a laugh, however she contained it perfectly.
GeninKirigakureYukarin, Raika Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 GeninKonohagakureHishon, NicheMissions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 B-Rank Kumogakure Ude, Naka Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 Special Jounin Sunagakure Kotenta, Sora __ Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:06 pm

"That look suits you." He said through a mouthful of part tea cake and part fruit tart, although the food didn't seem to hinder the kage's words in the slightest. How he had learned to speak so clearly with food in his mouth was unclear, but it was still sort of impressive.

The Kage's comment had been a random one, but he had never been one for staying on topic for very long. He was even worse when he had a few drinks in him. "Are you planning on going clubbing with your friends after this or something? Surely you couldn't have got all dressed up just for me."
CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Makoto blinked. It was soon replaced by annoyance. "This is what I always wear during my day offs." She seemed to be ticked off somehow. "And no, I just went shopping, dropped everything off at my house, and came here." She sighed dramatically. Her eyes seemed to scream idiot and seemed to reflect her thoughts; why was she here again?

"So, will my question be answered now?" Makoto smiled dangerously. It was almost similar to the time when the unfortunate Kage intruded upon her kitchen. It was obvious that Makoto didn't feel much for small talks. She was silent for a while as she watched the Kage stuff himself. Then a slow smile spread across her face.

"I won't give you any more pastries if you don't answer." Makoto proclaimed cheerfully. Perhaps too cheerful. Yes, definitely way too cheerful. It made her seem eager to do such and see what small change it would bring. One look in her eyes told that she would only be too glad to do such.
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Tousha's eyes widened at the thought of having to go through life without another bite of Makoto's famous tea cake. "Touche..." the kage thought to himself as he finished off one of the tea cakes and leaned back in his chair once more.

"I appreciate the self sacrifice you've been put through to be here, I'm sorry for disturbing your day off." Tousha said truthfully, if he had known that Makoto was off duty he would have scheduled the meeting for another time. But there was no use crying over spilled milk.

"I've asked you to meet me here today so we could discuss something that you should find very interesting." Tousha said slowly as he dug into his back pocket. He produced a small white square of cloth and placed it on the table. As he unfolded the fabric he continued explaining.

"I'd like to talk about your future as a Konoha shinobi." He was about halfway through unfolding the sash in his hands when a red symbol came into view, Konoha's seal. "That day you and I fought in the park I went back to my office, after I made sure your injuries were well tended to, and did a little research."

Tousha placed the completely unfolded guardian sash on the table and slid it across the table, when his hand stopped the white and red sash was halfway between the two shinobi.

"Since you seem like you're in a rush, I'll save you the heartfelt talk and cut to the chase. Your skill in genjutsu is almost second to none as far as Konoha ninja go, and I feel like I could trust you with anything I might order you to do. I'm offering you a spot on my squad, the Guardians."

Then the Hokage touched the center of the Konoha seal with his index finger and added, "If you want a chance to make Konoha a safer place, this is it."

CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:01 pm

At the part in which Tousha claimed regarding the injuries being tended, Makoto mumbled something that couldn't be heard. However her expression shouted out the words clearly. 'Yeah, of course poor Kage.' She wasn't being mean, she was just being truthful.

She twitched slightly at the near second to none comment. She couldn't help it, she was competitive in sections she liked. Yet she knew it to be true, so she passed on with a sigh. However she froze as the offer continued, eventually she sighed.

"I do hope you know who you are asking." Makoto sighed the words out. Her voice was low and almost in a warning tone. "Do you honestly think that someone like I will be able to protect Konohagakure?" The words were sickening to her. She shouldn't have eaten so much earlier.

She sighed as she used her right hand to support her head as she stared down at the symbol. It wasn't that she didn't want to. It was just that she couldn't. She was too unstable. She was... Just not the right one. And yet she knew she could if she tried, if she was ordered. She sighed.
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Tousha's face became emotionless as Makoto asked him what he assumed was a rhetorical question. Several long moments passed by, all the while the Hokage stared at the jounin in front of him and tried to understand what she was thinking.

Finally the old shinobi spoke, his voice low and his eyes hard, "What are you so scared of, Mako? I don't think confidence is the problem. I've seen the way you fight and act, you're a strong woman."

Then the kage leaned forward and met the kunoichi's gaze. "Please, tell me why you don't think you can protect our village."
CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:08 pm

Makoto forcefully tore her eyes off from the Hokage's. Strong, yea right. Confident, of course. Makoto had so many thoughts going on. It was mostly depressing, so she just left some alone and attempted to find a positive outlook of the entire future situation. It didn't work out so well.

"Genjutsu users are usually unstable." Koujaku seemed to be quoting from a book. Her voice was almost timid and reluctant. "Especially if the user is sensitive to emotions." Koujaku sighed as she finally met her eyes with the Kage's. "Both meets the criteria for becoming insane, doesn't it?" She had that round-around way of talking in which she used only for these kinds of situations.

Her eyes still held that cheerful glare, however it looked fake due to that slight hint of emptiness. That cheerfulness, it was fake. There were other things within her eyes as well. Trivial things such as her stubbornness and confusion. "I don't think someone on the borderline of being insane and sane can protect anything."
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:22 pm

Tousha leaned back in his chair and sighed deeply, scratching the back of his head as he tried to think of a way to prove Makoto wrong. But he did admit, the kunoichi had a few good points. Genjutsu users had been known to be more mentally unstable than other shinobi, and anyone who knew Makoto for more than five seconds knew that she was a very emotional woman.

Of course that wasn't saying much.

Tousha put on a sad smile and chuckled to himself. "Do you think you're the only one who's worried about their sanity?" the Kage asked seriously, though he still had that sad grin on his face. "I'll let you in on a little secret, Mako. I'm not exactly the most stable minded person in the world either."

There's the understatement of the century. Twilight muttered nonchalantly.

"Well excuse me if I'm not exactly right in the head, how else am I supposed to react to being followed around by some dead chick every moment of my life."

I'm not dead. Or a chick.

Tousha ignored the kami and continued speaking, "Even if I wanted to tell you what I've been through you wouldn't believe me. So I'll just say this, if someone like me can defend a village you can too."

CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:02 am

Makoto chuckled softly. She had figured something was wrong with the Kage, however still respected him so. Afterall, he tended to space out, mumble to himself and the likes. However this still wasn't very convincing to her.

"You never know until you tell me, right?" She chuckled lightly again. "For all I know, you could have been haunted by a ghost and no one would have realized." Koujaku stated after a moment of silence. "This entire world is twisted," Koujaku waved at the air around her and spoke again, "Anything can happen and they do occur." There was a moment of silence again as Koujaku stared at the symbol.

"Genjutsu is an immoral thing." She sighed. "It messes up with a person's mind and drags out the darkness within them." Koujaku then thought about her words before continuing. "It uses that small hint of gray and creates a black sword of it." She smiled, it held something unknown. "And it is used rips the victim apart." Koujaku straightened up and smiled at the Kage. "Genjutsu users are masters of turning the victim's mind against the victim him or herself." A small something flashed across her face, however she hid it well. "It's just a masterful control of betraying without trace."
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:34 pm

A wide grin spread across Tousha's lips as Makoto made a crack about him being haunted by a ghost. She was so close to the truth that it was scary, but the Kage held his composure well and continued to listen to the kunoichi's opinions on genjutsu.

"So that's it." Tousha thought to himself as Makoto finished speaking. "She thinks she's an immoral person."

The Hokage rubbed the bridge of his nose with his index finger and thumb in deep thought. He needed to think of a way to convince the kunoichi sitting across from him that she was guardian material. It was hard to change anyone's opinion of himself, but it was damn near impossible to change a stubborn woman's mind about anything.

"I don't believe that you're a bad person, Mako." Tousha said finally. He placed his elbows on the table and clasped his hands together in front of his face before continuing. "I just think you're scared of something. I don't know what it is yet, though." Tousha admitted by shrugging and flashing a sad smile.

"How about you take a little time to think about it." the kage said with his usual crooked grin. "I know I kind of blind sighted you with my offer, but maybe after a few days you can come to a decision."
CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:40 pm

Makoto kept her silence for a while until the Kage finished speaking. She held an empty expression, almost as if she wasn't sure what to think or as if she had put a wall there to guard herself. She practically glared at the Kage. Something seemed to have annoyed her.
"I still want to hear about it." Makoto pouted. "So, is it a ghost?" That was it. That was all that had ticked her off. She then sighed and slumped into her chair.

"You are right though, I am scared." Makoto admitted. "I am just scared that I will end up hurting someone." She was very honest when she stated so. "It would be a lie to say that I am not scared for myself going insane," she sighed, "I am frightened of that as well, yet..." She pouted again. "Somehow I end up worrying more about others whom I may hurt in the future."

Makoto paused and then had that glare on her face again. "Now, I am really curious. So is it a ghost or not?" She practically shoved her face in front of the Kage. Her expression was honest at the least, however it was rather confronting. She had that look on her face too, 'you tell me, I will tell you more' kind of look.
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:32 am

The Kage leaned backwards in his chair in an attempt to escape Makoto's curious glare, but he knew it was a futile effort. Once she was intent on finding out something Mako was relentless. It was only a matter of time before she discovered the truth.

I'm not a ghost. Twilight said, sitting in the chair beside the Hokage. The kami had chosen to manifest in its female form, and it was sitting with its legs crossed and its arms placed on the table as if it was a normal human being. The sight of a fully armored woman sitting in a bar seemed funny to Tousha, but he couldn't help but drop his jaw at the kami's sudden appearance.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?" Tousha said, his tone both accusing and hushed as if he was trying to keep a secret from someone.

This woman won't join your little team until her questions are answered. Twilight said simply. Tousha opened his moth to disagree with the kami but the armor clad female cut him off, No one else is around at the moment so she will be the only one to see me. I'm doing you a favor, so if you would kindly shut your mouth it would be appreciated.

Tousha sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose again, knowing that there was no point in hiding his secret from Mako any longer. The kage waved his hand in the Avenger's direction and said, "Mako, this is my emotional baggage. Baggage, meet Mako."

The pleasure is all mine. Twilight replied politely.

CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:44 pm

Makoto strangely seemed fine. No, she was more than fine. She seemed as if seeing something materialize from thin air was the most normal thing in the world. In which, for her, it was. Kind of... Makoto smiled as woman conversed with the Kage. She guessed the woman to be a kami of a sort if not a ghost, in which the woman had proclaimed she wasn't, and found herself in a strange comfort.

She was just used to the genjutsu too much. She nodded as the Kage introduced the woman. "No, the pleasure is mine." She was intrigued, saying not would be a lie, however she was controlling herself pretty well. She looked rather calm now. "May I ask you for your name though?" She tilted her head. "I doubt that your name would be 'Baggage'." She paused for a moment. "Personally, I think that you look too significant to be the owner of the name."

She was ignoring the Kage now. She couldn't help that though, it wasn't everyday in which one talked with a kami of a sort.
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Tousha scoffed to himself and grabbed another tea cake as Makoto addressed the kami sitting beside him. He gorged himself on the delicious dessert while Twilight conversed with the jounin.

No, my name is not baggage. And yes, I am too significant. Twilight replied in a smooth, bell-like voice. Before she could continue Tousha scoffed again, this time not so quietly.

The kami ignored him and continued, My full name is The Avenger of Twilight, but I prefer Twilight for short. I'm here to make sure he doesn't get killed before he becomes useful to us. she gestured towards Tousha, who was too busy scarfing down another half of tea cake to notice.

Now I have a question. You seem surprisingly calm for someone who is talking to something that just spawned to life right before your eyes. Is this not your first time talking to something like myself?
CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:44 pm

She nodded in agreement at the Kami's remark about her significance. She was totally ignoring the Kage now, she was too interested. The interest perked up even more at the Kami's words. Useful to us... Now, wasn't that interesting? She pitied the Kami though. To take care of the Kage... Poor, dear, Kami. When the Kami motioned her hand towards the Kage, she noticed the old shinobi wolfing down cakes. She had no words to say. "Well, Twilight-sama. In a way, I feel slightly sorry for you for taking care of BakaKage." She smiled.

'Now I have a question. You seem surprisingly calm for someone who is talking to something that just spawned to life right before your eyes. Is this not your first time talking to something like myself?'

Makoto paused to think about it. "No, this is the first time." She smiled. "Seeing that I am a genjutsu user, I am not very startled with abnormal events." She giggled lightly as she spoke. "I did have a habit of engaging the ghost actors within a haunted house to small talks though." She nodded as she relished the memory. She was such a brash child then. She still was, however she was still more mature. Or so she hoped. "However even without it, I still have much experience from getting trapped within a genjutsu to be startled by what would be considered the opposite of normal." She simply concluded at that.

"Twilight-sama, I am curious though." She inquired with a slight apologetic smile for her rudeness. "The only Kamis I knew before today were those from the picture books and legends." She drew out on her question. "How would you describe yourself and the other Kamis?" The question may have been rude, however there was a sincere look in her eyes. They were not of false either.
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Twilight chuckled to herself at the "bakakage" comment, it looked like Mako had given the kami a new nickname for her acolyte. She was enjoying herself more than she thought she would, so instead of simply disappearing from sight once more Twilight answered Mako's question without giving too much away.

Kami are the spiritual embodiment of objects from your world, as well as others. the Avenger explained to the kunoichi. The weaker kami of my realm tend to manifest as hideous, mindless monsters. But the stronger spirits, such as myself, are able to control our appearance.

The kami ran her hands along the armor surrounding her body and said, I choose to take this form because it pleases me somehow. I think it is because I enjoy intimidating people.
CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:17 pm

Makoto listened quietly and attentively. The weaker kami of my realm tend to manifest as hideous, mindless monsters. But the stronger spirits, such as myself, are able to control our appearance. The sentence intrigued her. So there was a clear difference in their ranks? Her thoughts swarm again. There was such a clear line, at least according to what the Kami had spoke. The clear line in which somehow made it even more interesting. She wanted to ask more, however she decided against pressing it further. More and it would be rude.

I choose to take this form because it pleases me somehow. I think it is because I enjoy intimidating people.
She paused for a second and allowed a light silence to fill the gap. Only after that did she speak. "I am going to have to agree on your form being intimidating Twilight-sama," it was true as the armor did intimidate Makoto slightly, "However I think it's more beautiful than intimidating." She commented. The armor was both intimidating and beautiful to Makoto. It seemed to have been crafted with fine craftsmanship with attention to both the details and functions.

"Twilight-sama, you should try enticing people one day." Makoto smiled. "It might prove it to be more amusing." She giggled lightly. "Humans tend to act in unexpected and strange ways when enticed with something." She suggested lightly. "After all, humans are very volatile."
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 pm

Why thank you. Twilight replied politely to Makoto's compliment about her armor. The kami chuckled to herself at the jounin's next comment, though. The kami gestured over towards Tousha and said, Yes, I an see how enticing someone can have amusing results.

The Hokage, of course, was still too busy stuffing his face to pay enough attention to notice that he had just been insulted. In fact, if Tousha had a glass of tea and a nice hammock under some shade he probably wouldn't have noticed if his arm got chopped off.

Say one thing about Tousha Umezawa, say he was a man who knew how to relax.

The kami continued the conversation with the kunoichi by saying, I try to distance myself from humans as much as possible. A majority of them are nothing but dim witted, slack jawed morons that wouldn't know the meaning of decency unless it walked up and kicked them in the face.

There was a long pause and then Twilight coughed, Present company excluded, of course.
CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:52 am

Makoto listened attentively and had to stifle a laughter. She didn't do a very good job of it though, as she ended up giggling anyways. She was now officially ignoring the Kage. She didn't mean to, it was just that the Kage was just so... strangely easy to forget. She didn't mind the kami calling the humans being dim witted and the likes.

Why? Because that is what she thought as well.

"You don't need to include that." She sighed and shrugged. "The Kage's a BakaKage and I am just a fool anyways." She smiled. "Humans are all fools in one way or another." She leaned back against her chair with a light giggle. "And also dim-witted as well." After a light pause, she concluded. "That is why it is easy to manipulate them into believing anything."
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:47 pm

For the first time during the entire conversation, the kami sitting across from Makoto turned to Tousha and said, "I like this one. She hits the nail on the head with everything she says. Especially the Bakakage stuff."

Tousha glanced over at Makoto for a moment, pausing as he ate the last of the tea cake in his hand. Then he stared at Twilight and said, "She must be something else if you're acting like this. You're nearly bearable now." he added in with a smirk.

Twilight ignored the comment and made one of its own. "Plus she isn't like any of the women I usually see you with. What's the deal?"

Tousha's eyebrow arced high across his forehead. "Have I ever told you that I think it's incredibly creepy how you watch every little thing I do?"

The kami flashed a very rare grin and said, "Yes, many times. But it's kind of my job."

Tousha scoffed at that. "It's still freakin' creepy." Then he looked over at Makoto and said, "Now can you see why I'm so messed up in the head? I've got to deal with this for every waking moment of my life."

CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:36 pm

Makoto simply laughed. She had noticed the Kage once more, however his presence seemed more of linger than anything else. Normal, sane person does not go through this and laugh at the end. No, they would probably shiver in fear by the end of it all and put if off as a nightmare. Not her. She wasn't sane.

"Well, as long as it keeps you alive, you shouldn't complain." Makoto smiled. "Sanity is a small price to pay for living, ne?" She was only half joking, but it was okay. She was almost equally, if not overly, messed up in her head as the Kage's head was. However perhaps that was how she's been able to go on living for so long.
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:19 pm

Tousha glared over at Twilight and muttered, "I guess." Though sometimes he would rather die than listen to Twilight's lectures. Then the kage crossed his arms and gazed at Mako, his expression serious once more.

"So do you still have doubts about taking me up on my offer?" He asked simply. Twilight stared at Mako as well, though the kami's face was far more expressionless than Tousha's. "Or do you need some time to think it over?"

CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:20 pm

The Kami now looked like a doll. A rather pretty and detailed looking doll, yet nonetheless dead in expression. She didn't shiver, no fear was there. It was as if there was an empty shell in front of her. Now the Kage. His face was serious. The contours of this facial lines adding the shadows, causing him to look somewhat strangely melancholy.

"If you believe I am capable enough." Makoto left the sentence linger for a while. Obviously she was having conflicts. But then, didn't she only have one life? How did that come into the view? Oh well. "Then I no longer need time to think." She allowed a very honest and yet tired smile. "I would be honored to be a part of the Guardians."

Ah, wasn't she acting rather rash now? So accepting, so convinced. Just another fool, thinking that life wasn't so hard and unforgiving after all. Wouldn't she regret this? Doubts, doubts, doubts. She locked it away. Packed it so tight that it wouldn't escape, then threw it into the most secret part of her mind. What was done will be done. And it was rather trivial decision, isn't it? Just a rise in rank if you could call it so. So many conflicts still...
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Tousha's face suddenly became cheerful once Mako agreed to join the Guardians. He slid the Guardian headband closer to the jounin and said, "I think you're more than capable, Mako. You just have to allow yourself to reach your full potential." Then the kage stood up and dusted the loose breadcrumbs off of his clothing and added, "You're the only one holding yourself back, dream big, yadda yadda, I'm sure you've heard it all before."

Then Tousha reached his hand across the table and said, "So I'm just going to spare you the long, heartfelt speech and say welcome to the team. We're glad to have you aboard."
CharacterShow

Jeviherei

Round 4

Post by Jeviherei » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:48 am

[ooc: I thought it was a sash, not a headband...]

With a slight hesitant motion, she took the white and red cloth. She was still conflicting. However what was ther eto conflict so much about? She was just being all paranoid. Obstructing herself, as the kage said, and not allowing her to be who she may be. Pathetic. She sighed and shook her head within her head.

She listened on. Not seeming to know how to react and yet somehow it didn't seem very awkward at all. She stood up, it seems that whatever she's been called for was done and finished. "Kage-sama, I honestly think that even you'd fall asleep in your long and heartfelt speech." She's proclaimed sarcastically as she took the kage's rough hand. "And it's my honor to join."

Formal and yet perhaps not. She held a light childish smile. "And now, I can probably nag you on and on about the hospital fee, ne?" She chimed lightly as she gathered the bento box and stuffed it in the bag. "Oh, and don't think that you will be getting anymore cakes for free." She stuck her tongue out lightly as she started to leave.

Then with that, she was gone. She had things to do today. For one, she had to catch up on her manga reading list. Second, she wanted to train for at least 3 hours. Third, she wanted to bake some soft almond cookies for the granny living next door of her apartment. Fourth, she needed to bake a triple chocolate cake for her landlord. Ah, she was just trying to rid of that hesitation. That hint in which told her that something will go wrong and she will be broken. Heck, she was broken. What was there to break her even further?
Do not click please.Show
Like now.Show
Warned you....
It's by Claindelune.
.-.
failShow
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
...▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀

Toshi

Round 4

Post by Toshi » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:44 am

(OOC: It could be either, I guess.)

Tousha held his heart and fell back into his chair when Mako said she wouldn't bake him any more cakes. "Cruel, cruel world. How will I ever go on?" Twilight sighed beside the kage before disappearing from sight, leaving Tousha alone on the Konoholic's second story dining area.

He leaned against the wooden railing of the balcony and watched Makoto as she made her way out of the bar. The kage definitely didn't have any second thoughts about asking the emotionally unstable jounin to join the Guardians, in time he would convince the kunoichi that she wasn't nearly as bad off in the head as she thought. Or maybe she was right, maybe there was no use in trying to convince her otherwise.

But for the moment, Tousha pushed the uncertain thoughts to the back of his head and descended the stairs and slipped out of the bar unnoticed. "Four down, four to go." Tousha said to himself before he began whistling tunelessly and spinning his jitte on his index finger.

CharacterShow

Return to “The Konoholic”