The Hyuuga and the Senju (Social)

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:57 pm

Laughter and talk rose into the air, permeating through wooden walls, filling the dark with jovial lightheartedness. Inside, the festivities were at a height, a multitude of men and women gathered, sitting by round, oak tables. The bar was decorated finely, with two six feet statues, one of a male and the other a female. A large jar stood at the southern end, opposite of the door, holding multicolored flowers, their sweet scent filling the nostrils. A red haired female barkeep stood behind the counter, leaned over, supporting the head with her palms. Deep green, striking eyes were set into her face above a thin, elegantly chiseled nose. Several men sat by the counter, wide grins spread across their faces as they spoke to her. The other figures within were varied in appearance, some dressed gracefully while others appeared ragged and worn. It mattered not this day, for the joy was all that mattered.

Hiyato entered the Konoholic, dressed entirely in white with rigid ankle length trousers and a shirt whose sleeves reached down to the wrists. A flamboyantly large, feathered had decorated the Hyuuga’s head, slightly slanted to the right. A yew lute, quite miniscule, was strapped to his back, covered in a thick, leathery cover for protection. With a blade attached to the belt hanging from the left hip the man was armed quite well. Yet, he appeared to seek no violence, for a broad grin extended across his face. The Hyuuga stepped through the crowds, several gazes drifting towards him. He was dressed gaudily after all. After several moments he arrived at the counter and sat on a chair, back leaning against the wood. Playing music was something Hiyato took great pleasure in. Perhaps even he would meet an old friend here.

Yamanaka, Ryo Genin Konohagakure no Sato Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 Points: 0/0

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:18 pm

The bar was bustling as usual, though it calmed the samurai. He disliked silence, so the quiet chatter of its occupants coupled with the slight clanging of dishes and mugs made for a nice atmosphere. He sat far back in the bar, rather alone but in a peaceful manner, observing the patrons as he drank tea slowly. He had recently returned from a reconnaissance mission. He usually came to the Konoholic to relax after a mission, as it was his favorite place within the confines of the village. It had been years since he had gone on a group mission. He mainly stuck to solo tasks now, which he did not mind. Though he was calm and often friendly, it was hard for him to find someone to get along with. Hell, the last person he had considered a friend was a young Genin. It had been years, back when Kaien had just become a Jounin.

A new person entered the busy bar. Well, new people had been coming in frequently, but this one was quite noticeable from the bright outfit he wore, coupled with the stares he got as he passed through the crowd, quieting the bar down a few notches. The man had a vague familiarity to him, almost feeling like Deja vu to Kaien. He could not look away, knowing he knew the man from somewhere, but where? That's when it hit him. He smiled and stood up, approaching the man. "This seat taken?" He asked, gesturing to the seat next to Hiyato.

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:51 pm

The minstrel Hyuuga unstrapped the lute from his back to lean towards the counter further without damaging the instrument, resting it upon the lap. Shifting a brunette gaze, eyes lingered on Mala the barkeep. Hiyato raised his angular chin towards the ceiling and laughed heartily, the sound escaping from the belly to conjoin with the racket within the Inn. With a flick of the right wrist Hiyato lifted the hat off his head for but a moment, feather fluctuating, tipping the headpiece in greeting.“Fine dress you are wearing there, Ma'am. Like that color there. White’s a fine shade, fits with everything. Well, that is what I say at least! Some tend to disagree. But they have no taste!” The minstrel’s eyes shifted downwards, lingering on the leather cover. Thin fingers at a move, he removed the protection to reveal the lute in its full grandiosity. The polished yew gleamed beneath the lights, casting a reflection into the room. The strings, crafted from thin steel, were also polished, not a sign of stain upon them. What broke him from the daze was completely unexpected. A man walked over to him and said "This seat taken?" This through the man off...He knew that voice from anywhere. "Kaien-Sensei?" The young man looked up at his mentor from when he was just a young Genin. A smile and a rush of happiness overcame the young Hyuuga. He stood set his lute down stood up and gave the man a handshake which then went into a hug. "I'm glad to see you again Kaien-Sensei." He then pointed to the seat, "No, it's not taken. Please sit, we have much to catch up about."
Yamanaka, Ryo Genin Konohagakure no Sato Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 Points: 0/0

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:03 pm

He smiled when Hiyato stood up, shaking his hand and then pulling him into a hug. It was nice to see his young pupil again, all grown up and on an equal level now. "Good to see you too, Hiyato. Please, just call me Kaien now." He sat down at the bar and held up his hand to the bartender who instantly knew what he wanted; a bottle of sake. "So, how have things been going for you? It's been, what, six years? A lot has changed since then, no?" He smiled as the bartender brought over the bottle and two glasses. He poured both of the glasses and handed one to Hiyato.

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:27 pm

The festivities continued at their height, laughter, cheering, and conversation taking not a moment pause. More folks had come in, some sitting at their own time while others joined the already gathered. The young Hyuua smiled and laughed at Kaien, "Yeah six years now. To begin, I became a Jounin. And I finally mastered the Gentle Fist style. Perhaps some time I could show you, in a friendly spar." With a single hand, while keeping the other on the lute, Hiyato grabbed the drink, taking a rather lengthy, time consuming gulp. Returning the cup to the counter, the hand immediately moved back to the lute, strumming the strings in a rather festive tone. While the surroundings were rather loud those in proximity could hear without much problems. The tune was one of fluctuating rhythms, growing before dropping again to create a melody. Fingers of the left hand danced across the fret board while the right caressed the strings. Many people began to clap while he played. The minstrel spoke again as he played, ”So, old friend. What brings you here? See folks here often. Their reasons for coming are different, and I am always curious, looking for a story to hear! Anything special?" The Hyuuga turned to the barkeep again. "Oh, and fine dress! Yes, I’ve said that already, but nonetheless.”

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:35 pm

"Well I'm proud of you." He gave a friendly smile to Hiyato. The young Hyuuga which he had known while he was still a child had grown up quite well- both physically and mentally. "I'd like to spar you sometime. I've increased my own skills as well." His eyes adverted to the lute which the Hyuuga held. As he began to play, he demonstrated intricate finger work that took years of practice. "Play Freebird!" He shouted, jokingly. "You're making me jealous that I never took up a musical instrument." He laughed. "Anything else happen worth mentioning?" He downed the glass of sake in about 2 seconds flat, pouring another for himself, as well as refilling Hiyato's.

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:35 am

Smiled at hearing that his mentor was proud of him. He wondered if his father was alive...would he say the same thing? Would he be proud of him as well? Since his father died when he was a baby Kaien was the only father figure that Hiyato had ever had in his life, something Hiyato was very grateful of. Hiyato stopped playing his lute and started a more serious tone. "Well, I still haven't found any more information on what happened to my father on that ANBU missions years ago...I've been visiting the library every day trying to find some sort of...clue on what happened." Hiyato grabbed the glass of Sake and drank a little bit.

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:38 am

Kaien tilted his head down, his finger moving around on the glass, making patterns in the condensation from the cool drink inside. It was a shame to hear that Hiyato had still been unsuccessful in unearthing any clues as to what happened to his father, but it was not unexpected. ANBU missions were secret tasks carried out. Their details, even their existence, were often kept from the public. He sighed, picking up the glass and taking a few sips before setting it back down. "Have you tried asking the Hokage? Perhaps he would give you the information, being his son and all." It was a silly suggestion, but it could work.

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:14 am

"Yes, I tried...He is not willing to disclose any information on what happened during the mission. The only thing I know right now is that the mission took place in Water Country...Other than that, I have no more information. And the only way I can get out there is sneaking out there or accepted a mission that is going on in Water Country, neither of which is available at this time." The Hyuuga noticed some noise pick up on the other side of the bar. A man and a woman were in a verbal argument, nothing major just a tad bit distracting. "Anyways, you never answered my question earlier, what brings you into the bar? Just get back from a mission and want to relax?"

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:24 am

"It's a damn shame." He gave Hiyato a smile and patted him on the back. "I'll give a look around for you if I go out there." He finished his glass and poured another, preparing to get drunk. It had been a while since he had drank any alcohol, and he rather missed the feeling. "Sorry, it must have slipped my mind." He responded to the Hyuuga's next question. "Yes, I recently got back from hunting a young Genin who thought it would be fun to wander out of the village. I come here to relax after missions."

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:37 am

Usually the young ninja didn't care what happened to other ninja but it was a genin from his village. "So, what happened to the ninja? You didn't kill him or anything right? You just brought him-" Out of the corner of the Hiyato's eye he saw the couple start to get physical, the woman slapped the man. And then the man went to retaliate. He sent a right fist towards her face. But before he could connect Yato Shunshin'd over to the man and grabbed his arm before he could hit her, moving so fast it looked as if he disappeared and reappeared. "Leave the girl alone." "Don't tell me what to do boy. This isn't your business." The man took his other fist at this point and tried to throw a hook at Hiyato which Hiyato instinctively ducked under and while coming back up sent a sweep kick to the man sending him to the ground, falling flat on his back. The Hyuuga picked the man up as the Konoha Military Police came in and handed him over to them. "This guy was trying to beat on that woman over there", pointing to the woman assaulted. "Sorry about the trouble." "It's okay Hiyato-san, thanks for helping out again."

Hiyato nodded and smiled, and then made his way towards Kaien. "Sorry about that. Anyways, would you like to get out of here? Maybe get some fresh air?" The Hyuuga quickly grabbed a glass gulping it down.

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:51 am

As he opened his mouth to respond to Hiyato's concern, he was cut off by the arguing couple in the corner. By the time he looked over at the couple, Hiyato was already standing there, holding the man's arm, preventing him from striking the woman. Hiyato really had grown, easily dealing with the situation and dispatching the man. He then returned to Kaien, offering to go outside. Kaien smiled and nodded. "Yeah, this place is becoming a bit too noisy." The two of them exited the bar and into the fresh air. "And to answer your concern, I did not kill the Genin. I didn't even have to unsheathe either of my swords to capture him."

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:53 pm

As they walked outside Hiyato was actually relieved that his mentor had not killed the Genin. Hiyato looked at Kaien. Man it's been six years yet nothing has changed about his old friend. He still looked the same. His black long sleeve shirt with that high collar, still hiding the scar he has. His always black and long pants wit the red straps hanging in an X shape in the back and a the bandana hanging out of his right back pocket. The most stubborn thing, was that he always wore black boots instead of your typical Shinobi sandals. What intrigued Hiyato the most was his two katanas. The main reason Hiyato started training in Kenjutsu was because of Kaien. He became very good in it as well. Possibly even better now than his mentor now. The young hyuuga took off his own robe and sealed it in his scroll, revealing his attire. A ANBU black ops vest that was his fathers, his Katana on his back and his two custom made arm guards. Hiyato wondered what his mentor would think of his Katana..."Hey Kaien-Sens...Kaien...?" The Hyuuga paused and waited for his mentor to respond. "What did you think of my father? I'm sure you knew him when you were a Genin."

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Kaien smiled, thinking back for a moment. "Your father was a good man. He was strong and kind." He looked at Hiyato. "I looked up to him, much like the way you look up to me. Or at least how you used to, as I'm not sure if you still do." He gave a little bit of a laugh. "Though he and I had very different skill sets, he definitely helped increased my hand to hand skills. If it were not for him, I would be defenseless without my Katana if I ran out of chakra. I took it quite hard when he died. He was almost like a second father to me." When he spoke, his tone did not sound saddened or emotionless, but as if he were talking about a normal subject. It was not because he did not care, but because it was his way of paying the man respect. He would not sit and sulk about it, but honor the man.

He looked over as Hiyato removed his robe and sealed it, observing his new attire. "You look good in your father's ANBU gear. You're almost the spitting image of him." He gave a smile, patting Hiyato on the back. "You do well in carrying on your father's legacy." Though he was not the man's son himself, he felt as if a part of him was carrying it on as well. Upon further investigation of Hiyato, he noticed the katana on his back. "When did you start using a sword? Taking after me?" He gave another chuckle. "I am now really looking forward to our spar later."

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:28 pm

The Hyuuga hung on every word that Kaien spoke of his father. Happy to hear he thought well of the man. "I'll always look up to you man." He looked at Kaien when he mentioned the Katana. Yeah...we will have to. The Hyuuga continued to walk until they reached there old training grounds. The very place Kaien taught him how to fight. Taught him how to react and use his mind...Taught him...how to be a ninja. "About that spar..." The Hyuuga looked away staring off into the sky. It was getting dark, but still about an hour of light left...Hiyato activated his Byakugan and noticed Kaien out of the corner of his eye. He drew his Katana, and with speed not matched by many appeared behind his mentor with a Shunshin sending a direct slice to the back of his head. Looks like the spar was coming earlier than mentioned.

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:46 pm

They reached the training grounds; a place that held so many memories for Kaien, as well as Hiyato and possibly many other people within Konohagakure. It was the place where Kaien's father taught him the swordsmanship of a samurai, where Hiyato's father had taught him had to hand combat, and where Kaien had taught Hiyato combat as well. It was a place that seemed to be the seed of strength for many ninja in Konoha. He smiled when Hiyato said that he would always look up to Kaien. The feeling of having someone look up to you was quite invigorating. It was a sign that he had done good with his life so far. It was part of what inspired him to be the man that he was and to continue along this path.

"About that spar..." He heard Hiyato trail off, staring up at the sky. But Kaien knew better. He knew what the young Hyuuga was thinking, knowing that he had most likely already activated his Byakugan. Just as he suspected, Hiyato disappeared with a flash, reappearing right behind him via a Body Flicker. Kaien ducked under with just barely enough time to avoid the strike. "He's gotten fast..." He thought. He drew Whiteout and spun, swinging the sword towards Hiyato's legs, still crouched.

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Hiyato figured his attack would be dodged, just like he remembered Kaien-Sensei, always fast and quick to react. Before the Hyuuga could think any further he swung his sword for Hiyato's legs, but it seemed slower then he remembered...maybe he had just gotten faster. While the attack came, Hiyato did a back flip, sticking his sword in the ground to not only block but provide stability for his back flip. After he blocked the attack the young ninja would engage in Kenjutsu combat with his mentor. Sending attacks, while blocking his mentors attacks. They were really going at it for about five minutes when Hiyato sent a strike for Kaiens head, however Kaien was a bit quicker than he expected and sent a sweeping kick for Hiyato sweeping the young ninja off his feet and onto his back. The ninja quickly got back onto his feet as another attack came for him this time in the form of a slice motion directed towards his head. Hiyato rolled under the attack and quickly pivoted his body to the right sending the Katana right towards his mentors neck but stopping right before hit. The Hyuuga was much stronger than the little boy Kaien knew from years ago.

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:13 pm

The fight went on, the two of them exchanging blows for a while. Hiyato had gotten much faster and more skilled than he remembered, even rivaling Kaien. Part of him actually began to think that, perhaps, Hiyato was more skilled than he. Though, he knew that his Ninjutsu skill would be higher than Hiyato's, but this was not the point of this spar, so he would not bother breaking it out. He stopped as the Hyuuga froze, his blade pointed right at Kaien's throat. "You've gotten much better." He smiled, sheathing his own sword. "I'm proud of you." Hiyato had indeed become quite skilled in his swordsmanship, proving he had rigorously trained since the two had been separated. He clapped his hands together. "So, any luck with the ladies?" He joked, laughing a bit.

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:38 pm

The Hyuuga smiled, "Thanks boss. You're still really good yourself." The hyuuga sheathed his own sword, and realized that his mentor only used his one sword the whole fight. He was stronger than his mentor, but who knew what would happen if he were to use both swords, something he was very strong in. "Ladies? Well I met a girl in the library she was in her late twenties, but she had...the body of a 12 year old." The hyuuga started laughing. "Quite strange, tho. How about you? Any luck winning over the girls"

Riku Tensei

Post by Riku Tensei » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:56 pm

"Thanks." He replied. Hiyato had become exceptionally skilled in swordsmanship. Had the fight been a serious one, Kaien would've been in serious jeopardy. Either Hiyato didn't realize how good he had gotten, he was just being smug but polite, or he still respected him still and understood that their skills were a bit different still. He figured - and hoped - that it was the latter. He laughed about Hiyato's comment about women. "Glad to know that you didn't grow up to be a pedophile." He patted Hiyato on the back in a friendly way. "I haven't had time to even think about women, though there's a few girls I have my eyes on." He smiled, looking up at the now rising moon. "What do you say we go get blasted drunk? My treat." What better way to hang out with an old friend.

Castiel

Post by Castiel » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:36 am

The Hyuuga smiled, yeah I'll go out for drinks. His mentor, his friend. He was glad he was able to meet him again, it was...nice to be able to spend time and even spar him. He was still curious as to what he had up his sleeve, Kaien was always talented when it came to Ninjutsu, so maybe he still had quite a bit planned if it had been a serious fight...only time would tell. Hiyato remembered something Kaien told him when Hiyato won the Chuunin exams...
[Flashback] "Hey, Kaien-Sensei I won!" "I saw pal! I knew you could do it! I'm very proud of you. But don't ever forget. A Warrior of the Light does not rely on strength alone, he makes use of his opponent's energy too. When he enters the fight, all he has is his enthusiasm, the moves, and the strikes that he learned during his training. As the fight progresses, he discovers that enthusiasm and training are not enough to win: what counts is experience. Then he opens his heart to the Universe and asks the universe to give him the inspiration to turn every blow from his enemy into a lesson in self-defense.His companions say: "He's so superstitious. He stopped fighting in order to pray; he even shows respect for his opponent's tricks." A Warrior does not respond to these provocations. He knows that without inspiration and experience, no amount of training will help him. Don't ever...forget that." "I won't Kaien-Sensei." [Flashback End] The Hyuuga recalled the bit of advice he gave him years ago. "Without inspiration and experience", he would let his mentor finish the rest. Before long they arrived at the bar. Before walking in Hiyato slowly turned his head to look at his Sensei. "Kaien? Do you think, we will ever go on a mission together?" After he would answer the question seemingly satisfied with the answer they would both walk in the bar...to have fun teacher and student...one...last...time.

{End of Social}

Return to “The Konoholic”