-
-
 General Information
-
Type: Clan
Village: [Kirigakure no Sato]
Size: Very Large, 40+ Families

Traits:
The Aisu are well known for their natural good looks. Women of the clan are famed for their immaculate beauty. The same can be said for many of the men, for whom androgyny is not uncommon. Most Aisu have naturally fine, silky hair as black as the feathers of a raven, contrasted with soft, porcelain skin that shows neither vein, tan, nor blemish. The Aisu often have notably bright and clear eyes, even when comprising of a darker colour such as brown. Clan members display some inherent resistance to low temperatures, and are able to endure extremely cold conditions or substances for short periods of time without any apparent discomfort. While many may be uncomfortable with heat, their bloodline Gift is often used to keep them cool. It is incredibly rare to see an Aisu sweat.

The clan consider their hair and appearance to be a symbol of their pride and strength. Cutting the hair of an Aisu is an affront to the clan and the surest way to anger the victim. Members wear their hair in a wide array of styles, however most prefer a formal look; men commonly wear their hair pulled back, tucked into a bun or tail, while many women prefer to leave it flowing freely or ornately styled. The Aisu, being nobility and proud of it, are encouraged to dress well and be presentable at all times. They often wear formal robes, haori, yukata, kimono, or neatly pressed gi with traditional ornamentation. Ostentation is rarely among an Aisu's primary concerns.

Traditions:
The Aisu are proud to a fault. They know their history and their strength, and will never let doubt shroud the calibre of their line. They value loyalty and place great significance and honour on the concept of duty; one must do as one must. While outsiders may consider them aloof or entitled, in truth the Aisu simply understand the weight of their birthright.

Aisu families are typically strict, conditioning their children from almost from birth to understand the weight of their name and the wider responsibility—to their family, to their clan, and to their village—that carries. They are taught to not shy from challenges and hardship, to never fail in one's duty, and to excel at all times. In accordance with the edict of the Sandaime Mizukage, the first born child (at least) of every Aisu family is inducted into Kirigakure's Academy One for mandatory shinobi training, and it is no wonder, given their upbringing, that very few ever fail. To be dropped to a lower academy would be a blemish on the family name.

Like many other clans in Kirigakure, and perhaps most fervently of them all, the Aisu maintain the Blood Purity pact, requiring all clan members to be pure of blood. If an Aisu is born of impure blood they are killed without hesitation. Additionally, the Aisu do not allow any children born in poor health to be left alive.
-
 The Night of Tears
The Night of Tears is an annual memorial day among the clans of Kirigakure, and especially so among the Aisu who so strongly embody the ideals of the Blood Purity pact. It commemorates the night, around 250 years ago, where the clans began the bloody culling of all their half- or weak-blooded members.

Taking place in June, the Aisu dress in black and exercise a traditional hour-and-a-minute of silence beginning at noon. It is the one day that Aisu permit themselves to openly grieve for their lost ancestors and lost children, new or old. The day is a holiday for Kirigakure, but among the Aisu the festivities are typically subdued and respectful. Traditionally it is also a day to honour and learn about the history of the clan, the hardships they have endured, and the strength of their collective spirit.

The day after the Night of Tears is typically one of change within the Aisu, where the clan looks to the greater future attained through their tough actions and decisions in the past and present. This day is commonly when shifts in leadership or direction occur, and the start of a new annual stage in the education of the clan youth.
Influences:
The Aisu are technically members of the Great House Hirohito, though many consider it more of an equal partnership within Kirigakure. The Hirohito are larger and hold considerably more political influence across Water Country as a whole, but within the walls of the hidden village, few would question the authority of an Aisu. As a display of their status and loyalty, the Aisu alone are permitted to wear a silver ring on one thumb as the symbol of the great house, standing out from the iron rings of the commoners and branch family members.

The Aisu are fierce and driven in combat as it is thought that not giving everything you have in battle is disloyal to yourself and to your family. They are stark supporters of almost everything that Kirigakure does; the village echoes many of the values that are venerated by the ancient clan. While an Aisu wouldn’t be considered bloodthirsty, the concept of loyalty is very broad for an Aisu, and is a motivating factor in everything they do. To not give all of yourself into a cause or something you believe in would be to disloyal to yourself and that cause.

-
-
 History
-
The Aisu clan is one of the few families able to trace their roots back through the centuries to the beginning of known history to a collection of warring nomadic tribes that fought for freedom and control in the wake of the Genma's dominion. Residing throughout the regions today known as the islands of Water Country and the western coasts of the northeastern continent, Reikou Taishuu, the clan were known for their ruthless expertise and pragmatism in times of conflict. Supposedly originating from a brother-sister pairing, a genetic deviation long rooted in the clan's ancestry granted a privileged few the innate ability to manipulate the temperature of their surroundings with chakra. They learned to turn the weather to their advantage and to weaponise the natural world around them. One way or other—through survival of the fittest, the strength of their genes, or simple selective breeding—the Gift of the Aisu soon became dominant among its clan members and helped them survive and excel in the chaotic first years of history. Throughout the ages, the legacy of the Aisu has been writ in ice and blood.

In the modern era, the Aisu were eventually convinced by Gasidou Genjaa, the Niidaime Mizukage, to trade their nomadic lifestyle for a privileged seat of power in the newly formed village of Kirigakure no Sato. Despite protests from the clan youth and villagers alike, both the Aisu leadership and the Niidaime Mizukage could see the way the world was moving, and knew that unification was necessary and inevitable for either entity to prosper in a world becoming dominated by militarised shinobi powers. To secure their place within Kirigakure, the Aisu formed a pact with the Hirohito family, one of Water Country's two most dominant political families and themselves newcomers to the village.

During the early administration of the Sandaime Mizukage, Senagariku Hoyu, tensions and power struggles throughout the various factions in Kirigakure eventually culminated with the death of a young Aisu child in the midst of the Water Festival national holiday. A terrible blizzard, almost unknown in the tropical climate of Water Country's islands, descended across the village and sowed civil war in its wake. Hoyu's neglect of the issues, and his answering and indiscriminate rampage across the village, tested the tradition of loyalty among the Aisu. A rift formed within the clan, with many following the Mizukage's newly proposed legislation and caste system, and others wishing to leave and return to the clan's independent roots. The latter faction were quickly eliminated by the loyalists. The remaining Aisu were strong advocates of the new Kirigakure, and strong proponents in particular of the Blood Purity pact which had already been part of their own traditions. They have forever since stood at the pinnacle of Kirigakure's caste system, being both noble by right and producing some of the village's finest shinobi in each generation.

In the years since, the Aisu's strength culminated with the ascention of Aisu Shira to the seat of Rokudaime Mizukage, a breathtaking beauty and paragon of the shinobi arts. On the day of her eighteenth birthday and thus eligibility to the seat of Mizukage, Shira froze the entire Mizukage's tower at the beginning of her assault on the widely admired Godaime, Yamai Yumara, summoning a now-portentuous blizzard and tearing the Basics Genma from the corpse of her predecessor as she proclaimed herself the youngest ever Mizukage. Despite killing the beloved Yumara, Shira embodied the ideals of Kirigakure to the highest decree, and proved herself a strategic mastermind guiding the village to victory through the years of the third great shinobi war. Her time in office empowered Kirigakure and Water Country as a whole, renovated much of the village, and strengthened its ties to its allies. Shira lived to be over a century old, guiding the village into the longest period of prolonged peace in history, and remained in office until the moment of her death. She is generally regarded as one of the last great kages, and is still honoured among the village and the Aisu themselves as one of their finest.

Shira was not alone in her greatness. The clan leaders of the Aisu have consistently retained the title of bannin for over 180 years, and all held considerable authority and respect within Kirigakure. This is a remarkable accomplishment, and the clan are widely regarded as one of the most powerful and dangerous clans in existence. The current clan leader is Aisu Haruka, who accepted the role for a second time after the untimely death of her successor, Aisu Hiroto. Haruna is a firm and determined woman whose grace and energy belies her advanced age.

-
-
 Shinobi Information
-
Definitions:
Hyouton:
Hyouton, or Ice Release, is the fusion release of the Aisu clan and is a combination of [Suiton] and [Fuuton] elements. Hyouton is a non-traditional element without physical substance which has an active cooling effect, able to dynamically reduce the temperature of anything, including entities and areas around the user, and elicit effects such as freezing, frostbite, and hypothermia. While Aisu are naturally resistant to decreased temperature, even they can succumb to the biting frost of their techniques. The temperature decrease, and the area they can decrease, is determined by the rank of techniques, with more talented Aisu able to create snap freezes that can kill with ease.
-
Hyouton is strong (+5 strength) when interacting with: Hyouton is weak (-5 strength) when interacting with:
  • Katon
  • Suiton
  • Yugeton
  • Chiton
  • Mist
  • Hiton
  • Mokuton
  • Shouton
  • Garaton
Kekkei Genkai:
Hyouton:
Hyouton Chakra Element
By fusing together :suiton: Suiton [Water Element] and :fuuton: Fuuton [Wind Element], members of the Aisu clan are able to create and use :hyouton: Hyouton [Ice Element] to produce an active cooling effect. Hyouton is a non-traditional element without physical substance by itself, however can be combined with other physical media to produce a variety of results. Users with the Suiton concentration can further recombine it with Hyouton to directly create solid ice as part of a technique. Hyouton occupies one Concentration Slot, and can only be taken by members of the Aisu clan.
Active Effect: Cooling:
Hyouton has the ability to dynamically cool anything, rapidly decreasing the temperature of entities and areas via techniques and producing effects such as freezing, hypothermia, and frostbite (e.g. numbing, blistering, swelling, shivering, loss of co-ordination, necrosis). The magnitude, speed, and extent of the temperature decrease is determined by the Control of technique, with more talented Aisu able to create snap freezes that can kill with ease.
Concentration NocodeShow
[spoiler=Hyouton][color=skyblue][b]Hyouton Chakra Element[/b][/color]
By fusing together [color=dodgerblue] :suiton: Suiton [Water Element][/color] and [color=lightgreen] :fuuton: Fuuton [Wind Element][/color], members of the Aisu clan are able to create and use :hyouton: [color=skyblue]Hyouton [Ice Element][/color] to produce an active [i]cooling[/i] effect. Hyouton is a non-traditional element without physical substance by itself, however can be combined with other physical media to produce a variety of results. Users with the [color=dodgerblue]Suiton[/color] concentration can further recombine it with [color=skyblue]Hyouton[/color] to directly create solid ice as part of a technique. [color=skyblue]Hyouton[/color] occupies one Concentration Slot, and can only be taken by members of the Aisu clan.
[quote=Active Effect: Cooling]
[color=skyblue]Hyouton[/color] has the ability to dynamically [b]cool[/b] anything, rapidly decreasing the temperature of entities and areas via techniques and producing effects such as freezing, hypothermia, and frostbite (e.g. numbing, blistering, swelling, shivering, loss of co-ordination, necrosis). The magnitude, speed, and extent of the temperature decrease is determined by the Control of technique, with more talented Aisu able to create snap freezes that can kill with ease.[/quote][/spoiler]
Clan Jutsu
Hyouton NinjutsuShow
[b][color=skyblue]~Ice Senbon[/color][/b]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: [[color=dodgerblue]Suiton[/color]] concentration[/i]

The user will thrust a hand forward while preparing this technique, forming a set of five senbon in front of their fingertips. The senbon can be collectively fired at any time over the next three posts at [Control] speed to hit with [Control] strength.

[b][color=skyblue]~Frost Burst[/color][/b]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Holding a throwable object or weapon in one hand, the user will channel hyouton chakra into it to prepare this technique. Once thrown during the next three posts, the temperature of the item will rapidly drop until it explodes, shattering into frozen shrapnel with the force of a single tag upon impact or at a 'kai' release from the user.

[b][color=skyblue]~Morning Chill[/color][/b]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will inhale deeply and saturate their breath with hyouton chakra before slowly exhaling to perform this technique. As they breathe out, the area within a 15 metre radius of their body will rapidly drop in temperature to freezing conditions. This technique will freeze any natural moisture in the air or any airbourne particulates created with less [Control] and create a veil of ice that distorts vision in the area.

[b][color=skyblue]~Chilly Day[/color][/b]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user prepares a quantity of hyouton chakra within one of their limbs or weapons to begin this technique, and then attempts to make contact with an target. Upon striking, the hyouton will surge through the point of contact and into the target's body, shocking them with a distracting burst of intense cold and taking their breath away.

[b][color=skyblue]~Ancient Wind[/color][/b]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user channels a thin current of cooling hyouton into the air around them, mixing and weaving it around the warmer natural air to create a localised pressure differential and natural gusting wind. This can be used to push at and deflect airbourne entities within 10 metres of the user with [Control] strength, however is believed to be one of the oldest forms of hyouton ninjutsu ever devised by the ancient Aisu, who used it in a non-combat manner to master the waves and sail the oceans at speed.

[b][color=skyblue]~Arctic Soul[/color][/b]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user channels a small pulse of hyouton chakra throughout their own body, carefully reducing and controlling their internal body temperature to prevent overheating through any external means. This jutsu has no range and can only cool down the user's body to the point that it can cause first degree frostbite on contact. This technique can last for five posts.

[b][color=skyblue]~Frozen Breath[/color][/b]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will prepare a quantity of hyouton chakra into their throat to begin this technique, then exhale with icy breath onto an inorganic target. Any material within the area of the breath will be rapidly chilled to the point of brittleness, weakening it by [Control] strength.

[b][color=skyblue]~Breath Away[/color][/b]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user prepares a quantity of hyouton chakra within one of their limbs or weapons to begin this technique, and then attempts to make contact with an target. Upon striking, the hyouton will surge through the point of contact and into the target's body, shocking them with a painful burst of intense cold and rapidly cooling the air within their lungs, resulting in a loss of -3 strength of the next four posts.

[b][color=skyblue]~Frozen Barrier[/color][/b]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu

The user will prepare hyouton chakra before drawing unleashing the chakra forwards in a rectangular shape, producing a wall of ice in that shape up to 30 x 30 metres in size. The wall is approximately half a metre thick and has [Control] strength, forms at a speed of [Control], and will remain in the air until broken.

[b][color=skyblue]~Frost Fire[/color][/b]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user creates a circle in the air with motions of their arms or hands and unleashes a wave of prepared hyouton chakra through them at [Control] speed, attempting to intercept any katon or related techniques of equal or lesser strength. Upon making contact, the target technique will rapidly decrease in temperature to the point that it fizzles harmlessly out.

[b][color=skyblue]~Cryoshell[/color][/b]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user prepares a shell of hyouton chakra around their body, bringing the temperature of an isolated pocket of surrounding air to subzero conditions for the next five posts. So long as the user does not move faster than [Control], they will retain the frigid air shell and be able to apply its cooling effects with taijutsu strikes or to incoming strikes that have a Strength lower than [Control].

[b][color=skyblue]~Tundra[/color][/b]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will prepare a large amount of hyouton chakra and unleash it into an area of ground within 30 metres of their location at a speed of [Control]. From the point of impact, the ground will rapidly freeze and turn into an icy tundra, spreading for up to 30 x 30 metres in a direction of the user's choice during casting. Plant life within this area will wither and die, the ground will become frozen to a hardness of [Control] strength, unable to be broken except by stronger techniques, and footing will become slippery and unstable for anyone without an appropriate traversal technique of equal or higher rank.

[b][color=skyblue]~Frozen Water: B Class[/color][/b]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu

After performing a Suiton jutsu, the user will channel hyouton chakra and rapidly freeze that technique. While the technique may lose it’s ability to permeate and envelope, it will become solid in quality, gaining +[Control] strength in impact force. This technique is useful for trapping in the event the suiton technique has already enveloped something.

[b][color=skyblue]~Freezing Corruption[/color][/b]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
When fighting a clone, the user channel hyouton chakra before striking the clone. The air around the clone will rapidly condense, freezing the clone and permeating its artificial skin, causing the clone to burst. Any clones struck this way will be unable to explode with any force upon death.

[b][color=skyblue]~Blizzard[/color][/b]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will channel hyouton chakra while inhaling, and then slowly exhale. Over the course of the next post, the temperature in a 60 meter radius of the user will rapidly drop to an extreme, biting cold, able to freeze bodies of water at [Control] speed. Any beings within the area of the technique will suffer from extreme exposure, with their bodies cramping, slowing, and shivering uncontrollably. Remaining exposed in this area for consecutive posts can result in a loss of coordination and a confused state of temporary amnesia as the cold begins to suffuse the brain. Additionally, katon techniques used in this area will cost 2x as much chakra to prepare.

[b][color=skyblue]~Hypothermia[/color][/b]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will prepare hyouton chakra and inhale deeply. The process of breathing in will rapidly freeze their body, dropping their core body temperature to that of a corpse. Their bodies functions will come to a near complete halt, their heart beat reducing to approximately 1 beat every minute. The user will appear dead to any medic assessing them unless they have an advanced assessment technique. This allows the user to effectively pass as being deceased. After 5 hours, the users body will return to it’s proper temperature, and the user will “return to life”.

[b][color=skyblue]~Ice Storm[/color][/b]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu

The user will raise both hands in the air and unleash a wave of hyouton chakra, before quickly dropping down to touch the ground. The air above them will suddenly freeze and condense, creating around 500 senbon 9 meters above the user. Through hand movements, the user is able to direct these ice senbon for up to 5 posts and launch them at any target within 100 meters of them, striking at [Control] speed and strength. While performing this jutsu the user cannot perform any other jutsu, but is free to move around and continue combat.

[b][color=skyblue]~Frozen Touch[/color][/b]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will gather hyouton chakra into their hand(s) before touching or gripping an organic target within the next 5 posts. Upon making contact, the hyouton chakra will leap to the target and freeze any moisture at the point of contact, causing instant severe frostbite even to deep tissues below the contact area. The frostbite will spread 1m every post contact is maintained. While the frostbite itself is extremely painful, blunt impact to the area will actually cause the flesh to crack and shatter, allowing the user to remove entire chunks from the opponents body. Areas left untreated are likely to experience permanent tissue death and require amputation for the target to survive.

[b][color=skyblue]~Void[/color][/b]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will channel a large quantity of hyouton chakra before clapping their hands together, unleashing a wave of chakra that spans out up to 100 meters. The wave of chakra will rapidly freeze all liquid in range, and will cause all targeted inorganic objects with less than [Control] strength to freeze to the point that it shatters, exploding with [Control] force. Anything producing heat in the area will have the heat rapidly drawn out of it until it fizzles out. Organic beings within range of the technique will suffer from -6 speed for 6 posts due to their muscles cramping and seizing, and will find themselves extremely cold. Due to the nature of this technique, projectiles not tempered with chakra are typically destroyed.

[b][color=skyblue]~Brain Freeze[/color][/b]
[i]S-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user channels a concentrated surge of hyouton chakra into a hand before attempting to grab a target. Upon making physical contact, the chakra will surge into the victim and course through their body to gather in their brain, rapidly freezing it with intense cooling from within their own body. If the target is unable to reverse the temperature drop, they will experience severe disorientation, lack of control and weakness as their brain begins to shut down, and they will die on the second post after contact. As moisture within the brain freezes it will rupture and destroy the frozen organ so thoroughly that any regeneration or recovery will not longer be possible, nor can any information be retrieved from it, making this the perfect technique for typing up loose ends.
Falling Snow TaijutsuShow
Sekisetsu Style [積雪 Falling Snow Style] Developed by the Aisu and most recently popularised by Aisu Haruna, Sekisetsu was derived from watching snow flurries dance through the air. Sekisetsu involves constant swaying back and forth, while switching a bladed weapon from hand to hand, and from standard position to a dagger-like inversed grip position. Practitioners of Sekisetsu rarely stay still for longer than a few seconds during combat and are constantly surging back and forth in an attempt to find an opening in an opponents' defense. Sekisetsu can be used with a variety of weapons, but typical practioners prefer tanto, wakizashi, and/or katana.
Required Concentrations: [Sword Weapons], [Deft Hands]
NocodeShow
Developed by the Aisu and most recently popularised by Aisu Haruna, Sekisetsu was derived from watching snow flurries dance through the air. Sekisetsu involves constant swaying back and forth, while switching a bladed weapon from hand to hand, and from standard position to a dagger-like inversed grip position. Practitioners of Sekisetsu rarely stay still for longer than a few seconds during combat and are constantly surging back and forth in an attempt to find an opening in an opponents' defense. Sekisetsu can be used with a variety of weapons, but typical practioners prefer tanto, wakizashi, and/or katana.
[i]Required Concentrations[/i]: [Sword Weapons], [Deft Hands]
Non-Aisu characters must learn Sekisetsu in-character, and may not start with it. The Sekisetsu Ougi must be trained in Water Country, from the Aisu clan, or from someone who knows it.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Blade Shift][/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline[/i]
Blade Shift is a maneuver learned after hours of training, and allows the user to switch from a standard sword grip to a downwards dagger grip, and back again, seamlessly with either hand or between hands, and even in the middle of strikes or full maneuevers. This core element of Sekisetsu converts a practitioner into a highly unpredictable and opportunistic opponent.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Swaying Winds][/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Taijutsu Stance[/i]
The most basic stance of Sekisetsu, the user of Swaying Winds sways side to side, and back and forth, mimicking the way a snow flurry moves and preventing obvious telegraphing of movements or strikes. Opponents will find it incredibly difficult to interpret or predict the user's next movements unless they have a visual perception technique of equal or higher rank.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Leaping Winds][/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Prerequisite: Blade Shift[/i]

The user will bring their blade upward from their hip in a wide, diagonally arcing slash, before immediately flipping the blade and slashing back down along the same path.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Rebuke][/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre[/i]
The practitioner will use the pommel of their blade to attack their target by slamming it into them, usually aimed at weak spots on their body.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Ambidexterous][/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline[/i]
Through hours of rigorous training, the user has learned to not only wield a blade in either hand, but has also learned to dual wield two blades at once in any grip position, and can adapt learned manoeuvres, stances, and disciplines to function with either or both weapons.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Snowblind][/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Prerequisite: [[color=skyblue]Hyouton[/color]] concentration[/i]

The hyouton practitioner blend chakra into their mouth and then attempt to spit in their opponent's eyes, using the super-cooled saliva to temporarily blind the target and afflict the target with frostbite. They will then immediately follow-up with an upward slash to the target’s abdomen.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Layer of Ice][/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline

The hyouton practitioner will run their finger or tongue along their blade in an intimidating fashion, while simultaneously imbuing the weapon with hyouton chakra. For the next six posts each strike of the blade will cause frostbite equal to the scaling strength of the user's [Control].

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Shifting Blades][/b][/color]
Prerequisite: Blade Shift; Ambidextrous[/i]

A staple of the Sekisetsu Kenjutsu style, Shifting Blades allows the user to swap weapons between grips, and shift them between hands while dual wielding, simultaneously without any delay, even in the middle of a strike or maneuver. The user has become so seamless and proficient in the action that this can often occur without an opponent noticing, with targets being unable to follow the switching nature of blade positions without a visual perception technique of equal or higher rank.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Icy Hands][/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline[/i]
Icy Hands is a technique developed for use when cutting, and stabbing, an opponent is not an option. The user will fold their hands around the blades of their weapons, with their thumbs resting on the spine of the blades. This allows the user to utilize the hilt of their weapons as blunt maces, without cutting themselves from holding the weapon in a strange fashion. Experienced users with a [Speed] in excess of an opponent's can also use this technique to safely counter incoming strikes by grabbing the backside of a swung blade.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Shifting Winds][/b][/color]
Prerequisite: Shifting Blades[/i]

As the wind shifts around any obstacle, so to does the user’s blades. Shifting Winds is the trained reaction of redirecting one’s own attack mid swing without losing momentum. Should the user’s Speed stat be great target’s, the target will be unable to follow the movement.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Deflect!][/b][/color]

By constantly changing the grip on their blade, the user is able to deflect a multitude of projectile weaponry with minimal effort. If the user's Strength exceeds that of the opponent, deflected weapons can instead be directed right back at the opponent to counterattack.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Snow Flurry][/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Prerequisite: Shifting Blades; Ambidextrous[/i]

The user will bring their blades upward from their hips in a wide, arcing slash, before slashing downwards in an X formation. The user will then shift their grip to a downwards dagger grip, and will attempt to slice through the abdomen of their target in a scissoring attack.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Bloodletting][/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre

The hyouton practitioner will cut their body in an non-lethal fashion, or channel into an existing wound, causing their chakra-infused blood to spray out in the desired direction. Anything touched by the user's blood will be super-cooled and inflict frostbite on contact equal to the scaling strength of the user's [Control].

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Engulfing Winds][/b][/color]

Engulfing Winds consists of a myriad of ever-changing strikes. The user will begin by bringing their blades down in parallel slashes down the length of the target, and will chain together four various attacks from multiple angles.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Rolling Winds][/b][/color]

Rolling Winds is the active blocking of an incoming physical attack by using a grip change to redirect the attack in another direction by guiding it in another direction with the blade, possibly back towards the original target to turn their own manouevres and strikes against them.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Spreading Snow][/b][/color]

Using their knowledge of swords and various grips, the user is able parry and steal an opponent's sword for themselves if they are without. When the opponent comes in for a strike, the user will move from the strike and immediately push down on the flat of the blade with one hand while at the same time striking at the opponent's hands in an effort to get them to drop their weapon, or by wrestling the opponent's weapon itself using *[Sekisetsu - Ice Hands]. If this were to succeed, the user can reach down as the weapon falls and grasp it.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Snowfield][/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Taijutsu Stance

The hyouton practitioner will enter a state of constant movement and release an aura of cooling hyouton in a shell around them. As they move, the aura dissipates into the air around them, causing the air temperature within a twenty meter radius to drop dramatically for the next six posts. This sudden change in temperature causes the joints of those within “Snowfield” to begin to lock up, as their body succumbs to the cold. After a single post of being inside Snowfield, those affected will have first degree frostbite on all exposed skin. After two posts it will worsen into second degree frostbite, and their speed stats will drop by two. During the second post, clothed skin will begin to suffer from first degree frostbite. After three posts the frostbite on exposed skin will worsen to third degree, while clothed skin will suffer from second degree frostbite, and the speed stats of those affected will be decreased by three points rather than two. This stance can be maintained for [Endurance/2] posts.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Freezing Man][/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre
Prerequisite: [Heavenly Body Control] concentration[/i]

The user will attempt to cleave both of their blades into the collarbones of their target, and then kick them in the chest. However, as their blades move through the air, the speed of the blades will chill the air around them to such a point that it causes third degree frostbite, if their attack is successful. As they kick the target in the chest, the user will rip their blades out of the target’s body. Flesh affected will begin to turn black from the severe cold, and all feeling will be lost after 2 posts of gestation.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Snow Covered Forest][/b][/color]

The user will start by continuously shifting their grip on their blades at a high rate of speed. The air surrounding the blades, and the user, will drop below freezing due to the high rate of speed. The user will then direct these freezing winds with their blades towards their target in the form of an X. This X, from corner to corner, is four feet long. Should this technique make contact with the target it will cause third-degree frostbite in addition to cutting at [Strength]. This causes the skin and flesh beneath to blacken and lose all feeling at the point of contact for four posts.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu - Frozen Fury][/b][/color]

Frozen Fury is a state of mind the user enters when they wish to be at their best. The user remains in a constant state of motion, changing between offensive barrages, and defensive counters, all the while spinning their blades. Due to the constant state of motion, the user's body builds up an immense amount of windchill, causing each contact with their blades to cause 2nd degree frostbite on their target. This stance can be maintained for [Endurance/2] posts.

[color=#48D1CC][b]~[Sekisetsu Ougi - Frozen Hell][/b][/color]
[i]S-Rank Taijutsu Manoeuvre

The pinnacle of the style, this requires the user to stay in constant motion. The user will build up an immeasurable amount of windchill, and then begin to shift both of their blades in unison. This creates two spiraling, icy dragons that encircle the user for five posts, inflicting third degree frostbite on all who get within fifteen meters of the user. The dragons keep a three foot distance from the user, creating a safe zone around them.
Last edited by Kabu on Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Kirigakure Archives”