Archives

[Clan] Toukai

Post by Archives » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:43 am

Toukai

General Information

Type: Clan

Village: Kirigakure no Sato

Size: Large, roughly 20 families

Traits: Toukai have notoriously thick hair that seems impossible to grow more than a couple inches, giving them universally short hair styles, even with females. Their hair color varies within shades of auburn, orange, red, and strawberry blonde. Their most distinguishing feature are their bright yellow irises, universally distinguishing them as a member of the Toukai House.

Traditions: The Toukai are a violent, angry House, and have a variety of blood based rituals that mark various milestones in their lives. The most important is arguably the Turning Day. When a Toukai moves from Phase 2 to Phase 3 within the academy, during the week long break between the two phases the clan member is taken to an underground ritual chamber. There, the clan member is infected with the families virus that grants them their abilities. By the end of the 6 months of phase 3 within the academy, the young Toukai is expected to have mastered their virus, and unlocked it’s final stage, or died trying. Those who live the 6 months without mastering it are locked within the ritual chamber until the virus destroys their body, after which they are cremated and their ashes added to the ritual pit.

Among other family rituals are celebratory rituals for any clan members first kill, where they drink the blood of their victim. The Toukai have arranged marriages, and their marriage ceremony always occurs at night, with only candles as the lighting, where the to-be-weds will drink each others blood directly out of a wound they create on each other. Funerals involve the use of the deceased blood as face paint, and the cremation of their bodies. Additionally, Toukai are renowned for the use of a blood infused ink for tattoos, or simple scarification in place of tattoos.

Influence: The Toukai, much like the Kaguya, are influential within their own family due to their aggressive and war-loving nature. Their violent outbursts and tendency to force their hand makes them slightly more influential, though they are often put at ease by the Muramasa who act in the clan’s best interest. The Toukai advocate the violent nature of Kirigakure and will always be in favor of anything that results in blood shed. The Toukai are ridiculously profound tacticians, and despite what their anger-driven culture would suggest, have brilliant abilities and can coordinate large scale attacks with ease. Their behavior is often considered militant, not to exclude their jargon which is laced with military slang.
History It is a debate among historians, within and without the families, if the Kaguya or the Toukai came first, but it is agreed universally their births were closely linked. While the Kaguya used unique chakra to target a disease and take control of it, the Toukai came to be by infecting themselves with disease. Hundreds of years ago a virus plagued the world, though uncommon, when one became infected the virus triggered a cancer-like response, which caused cells within the body to grow rapidly and unrestrained under the body could no longer function and broke down. Many doctors would try to find a cure, and none would, until a single man came along.

Though he was surely brilliant, he was also twisted, and intentionally infected children to try and isolate a strain in the virus that could be negated to break down the process. The man would eventually succeed and develop a cure that would eventually be used to eradicate the virus. However, in his research he also developed an alternate strain of the virus, that would lay dormant in the patient’s fascia until stimulated with chakra. Though it would take years, he eventually found a way to control the virus, and directly manipulate how it was utilized.

He would infect himself, and children he abducted, and would, over the years, develop a small following of infected individuals. Eventually, he would die, his intentions forgotten, and a family formed. The Sandaime Mizukage would approach the clan and integrate them into the village. The Toukai felt at home with a leader who so strongly believed in strength, and the Toukai have remained a fixture within the village ever since.

After the night of tears, and the new legislation put in place by the Sandaime Mizukage, the Muramusa family were quick to see the potential of the Toukai. As a result, bonds were quickly formed, and so it came to be that the Toukai owe their allegiance to the Metalworking family today.
Shinobi Information Definitions:
Transformations:
Transformations are primarily decided by the user but there are a few limitations on "Forms". No transforming into an animal, you will be humanoid looking through it all. In terms of size, a character may only have an actual increase in size during a Full Transformation, but these increases only go so far. Other than that users are free to customize their transformations as they see fit. Allowing them to grow or increase anything from increased arm size to an extra pair of arms, from an armored carapace to a pair of wings, so long as the changes/growths are reasonable.

Claws, shields, arm pistons, vents for flights and such are traits for users character, therefore they must be made up by said user. This is done to give more freedom in the customization of their transformed appearance. Multiple people are allowed to have some of the same things(such as arm pistons, etc) in terms of traits, just don't go overboard with them.

As a final note on Transformations, there will be no feathers, fur, or any such things sprouting from your body. You can only produce fascia, cartilage, muscle, and so forth. For things like hair; members might immediately shed it all off and grew it back when they return to normal while others might have it grew longer or shift about to conform to their mutations. Bone can't be manipulated, hence cartilage is created.
  • Partial Transformations: Also known as local transformations, partial transformations involve the stimulation of the virus in a singular area of the body, causing the rapid growth of various tissue types at the whim of the user. Partial Transformations cause a minor shift in the user’s mental stage and tend to make them slightly more aggressive.
  • Half Transformations: Half Transformations are an early stage of global transformations, and tend to be used simply as a warning. They involve widespread activation of the virus, typically in all four limbs, or the upper or lower halves of the body. Half Transformations give way to very increased aggression and primal reactions, and tend to dull pain receptors. Half Transformations will cause the clan member to leak small amounts of blood red chakra. Like Full Transformations, half transformations are static, meaning someone’s Half Transformation is always the same.
  • Full Transformations: Global activation of the Viral Protocol, Full Transformations involve a complete body shift, releasing large amounts of fascia, cartilage, and tissue to dynamically alter the user’s appearance. Full Transformations can be Offensive, Defensive, or Mobility based, and are static, meaning someone’s Full Transformation is always the same. The global activation of the viral protocol results in hyper-aggressive responses, fits of rage, and dulling of pain receptors.
Builds:
Toukai come in three types of builds: Offensive, Defensive, or Mobile. These builds are often able to be seen based on the clan members normal appearance, however when their viral protocol is activated it becomes far more obvious. Builds are static, and do not change, meaning once someone Full Transformation is realized, that is their full transformation for the rest of their life.
  • Offensive: Offensive Builds are aggressive types that often create a multitude of body-based weaponry out of their growths. Typically slim in the core, with large limbs that will be covered in spikes, blunt protusions, or something to increase their power. Offensive builds are made mainly out of cartilage, and are considered the most flashy of the builds.
  • Defensive: Defensive Builds are typically more passive type builds, without any grown weaponry. They instead tend to grow large, rough exteriors, and grow in size, making them harder to strike. Defensive Builds use a mix of fascia to add bulk to their body, and cartilage to give them protective layers and shields.
  • Mobile: Mobility Builds are a mixed build, used to allow the Toukai to move with ease and cover large areas. Mobility builds are usually very slim, and have things like additional limbs such as wings or tails, use vents to fly, or even the creation of things like wheels or skates, and grips to make it easier to climb. Mobile Builds tend to use growth of muscle wrapped in fascia or cartilage to create their armor and new parts.
Requirements: Viral Protocol eats away at the chakra circulatory system, and there is no recorded history of a Toukai living more than 40 years following infection. Being as the latest one can join the academy is 18, this means the maximum age for any created Toukai is 58, and they’d be on the verge of death if created at that age.

Kekkei Genkai:
Viral Protocol:
Infected with a virus at a young age, Toukai are able to activate the virus locally, or globally, rapidly developing tissue and cartilage. While the local development can be rather easily manipulated for a wide variety of uses, global development tends to create highly specialized, and violent transformations that boost the overall abilities of the Toukai. The virus chews away at the chakra circulatory system as it does so, and causes blood to actually seep into the chakra system, turning the users chakra red when utilizing Viral Protocol. Viral Protocol operates in stages: Partial, Half, and Full, and stimulates the instinctual centers of the brain which tends to drive the Toukai further into primal rages with each stage.
Half Transformation DescriptionShow
Edit Here
Full Transformation DescriptionShow
Edit Here
NocodeShow
[quote=Viral Protocol]Infected with a virus at a young age, Toukai are able to activate the virus locally, or globally, rapidly developing tissue and cartilage. While the local development can be rather easily manipulated for a wide variety of uses, global development tends to create highly specialized, and violent transformations that boost the overall abilities of the Toukai. The virus chews away at the chakra circulatory system as it does so, and causes blood to actually seep into the chakra system, turning the users chakra red when utilizing Viral Protocol. Viral Protocol operates in stages: Partial, Half, and Full, and stimulates the instinctual centers of the brain which tends to drive the Toukai further into primal rages with each stage.

[spoiler=Half Transformation Description]Edit Here[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Full Transformation Description]Edit Here[/spoiler][/quote]

Clan Jutsu
Transformation JutsuShow
~[color=#826644][b]Half Transformation: Basic[/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Partially activating their viral protocol, the clan member will release their half transformation as detailed in their clan ability. The user also experiences a stat shift, as listed below. Those who use this technique can maintain the half transformation for up to half their stamina, after which their bodies will kick in an immune response to the viral protocol and cancel out the transformation. 5 posts must pass before they are able to reinitiate the viral protocol transformations, but they may still use partial transformations. Activating this transformation also begins the user's transformation into a more feral state of mind. The user of this technique is able to do a +6/-5 boost.
[list][*]Ninjutsu: +/- 0
[*]Taijutsu: +/- 0
[*]Stamina: +/- 0
[*]Control: +/- 0
[*]Strength: +/- 0
[*]Speed: +/- 0[/list]

~[color=#826644][b]Full Transformation: Basic[/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Partially activating their viral protocol, the clan member will release their full transformation as detailed in their clan ability. The user also experiences a stat shift, as listed below. Those who use this technique can maintain the full transformation for up to half their stamina, after which their bodies will kick in an immune response to the viral protocol and cancel out the transformation. 5 posts must pass before they are able to reinitiate the viral protocol transformations, but they may still use partial transformations. Activating this transformation also continues the user's transformation into a more feral state of mind. The user of this technique is able to do a +9/-7 boost.

~[color=#826644][b]Half Transformation: Advanced[/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Partially activating their viral protocol, the clan member will release their half transformation as detailed in their clan ability. The user also experiences a stat shift, as listed below. Those who use this technique can maintain the half transformation for up to half their stamina, after which their bodies will kick in an immune response to the viral protocol and cancel out the transformation. 5 posts must pass before they are able to reinitiate the viral protocol transformations, but they may still use partial transformations. Activating this transformation also continues the user's transformation into a more feral state of mind. The user of this technique is able to do a +12/-9 boost.

~[color=#826644][b]Full Transformation: Advanced[/b][/color]
[i]S-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Partially activating their viral protocol, the clan member will release their full transformation as detailed in their clan ability. The user also experiences a stat shift, as listed below. Those who use this technique can maintain the full transformation for up to half their stamina, after which their bodies will kick in an immune response to the viral protocol and cancel out the transformation. 5 posts must pass before they are able to reinitiate the viral protocol transformations, but they may still use partial transformations. Activating this transformation also completes the user's transformation into a more feral state of mind. The user of this technique is able to do a +15/-11 boost.
Partial Transformation JutsuShow
D Rank
~[color=#826644][b]Cartilage Needles[/b][/color]
[i]D-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Doing a series of hand seals, the user focuses chakra on a part of their body, causing 3 senbon of cartilage to grow out of their skin, then launch outwards at 5 speed, impacting with 5 strength.

~[color=#826644][b]Flesh Shackle[/b][/color]
[i]D-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Doing a series of hand seals, the user focuses chakra into their hands, causing their pores to open up and begin to push fibrous tissue out of their pores. The fascia will develop like a lock around anything it’s formed around, and hold those things together with 5 strength, allowing it work like a shackle.

~[color=#826644][b]Basic Cartilage Trap[/b][/color]
[i]D-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, the user will place their hands on the ground, as fibrous tissue comes out of their pores and enters the ground. The next person who steps within a 2 meter radius of the trap after the user steps off of it (the user included) will trigger the Jutsu. Once the Jutsu is triggered the cartilage will burst out of the ground at a speed of 5 and wrap around the target's feet, binding them to the ground with a strength of 5. The trap will remain active for 5 posts.

~[color=#826644][b]Cartilage Tool Creation[/b][/color]
[i]D-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, the user is able to cause a set off up to 10 basic projectiles (ie. kunai, shuriken, or senbon) made of cartilage to grow out of the skin of their hands. These tools have a strength of 5.

~[color=#826644][b]Flesh Vambrace[/b][/color]
[i]D-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, a small bulwark of flesh will grow out of one of the user's arms at a speed of 4. This flesh is capable of safeguarding the user from wounds with a strength of 6.

C Rank
~[color=#826644][b]Blade Below the Shoulder[/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals the flesh on the users predominant arm will grow into a 2 foot (60 centimeter) long blade extension. Once the Jutsu is complete it will appear as if a dagger has grown out of the back of the user's hand. The blade has a strength of 10 and lasts for 4 posts before receding back into the user's body.

~[color=#826644][b]Weighted Flesh[/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals the user will grow a small, but dense, ball of flesh out of their predominant hand. If the user is able to place this flesh directly onto the target, it will stick onto the target's body. The dense nature of the flesh will make it act like a weight, unbalancing them and causing a -3 to speed. This flesh can be torn off the target's body with a strength of 10. The flesh will lose it's strength and weight after 5 posts, and will no longer affect the target after that time has passed.

~[color=#826644][b]Cartilage Trap[/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, the user will place their hands on the ground, as fibrous tissue comes out of their pores and enters the ground. The next person who steps within a 4 meter radius of the trap after the user steps off of it (the user included) will trigger the Jutsu. Once the Jutsu is triggered the cartilage will burst out of the ground at a speed of 5 and wrap around the target's lower body, binding them to the ground with a strength of 15. The trap will remain active for 5 posts.

~[color=#826644][b]The Slaver's Whip[/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, the user focuses chakra into their hand, causing their pores to open up and begin to push fibrous tissue out of their pores. This tissue will form into a whip with a length of 3 and a half meters at a speed of 5. Once formed, the whip has a strength of 15 and can be used until broken.

~[color=#826644][b]Flesh Host[/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After using the required hand seals, the user will form a perfect copy of himself out of his flesh. The clone's flexible nature makes it a capable Taijutsu combatant, however, it is unable to use Jutsu. The close has the following stats:
  • [list][*]Taijutsu: 7
  • [*]Stamina: 5
  • [*]Strength: 7
  • [*]Speed: 8[/list]

B Rank
~[color=#826644][b]Advanced Cartilage Trap[/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, the user will place their hands on the ground, as fibrous tissue comes out of their pores and enters the ground. The next person who steps within a 8 meter radius of the trap after the user steps off of it (the user included) will trigger the Jutsu. Once the Jutsu is triggered the cartilage will burst out of the ground at a speed of 15 and wrap around the target's body up to their neck, binding them to the ground with a strength of 25. The trap will remain active for 5 posts.

~[color=#826644][b]Breastplate of the Abomination[/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, the users flesh will harden and form a protective layer over their torso and stomach areas. This layer will manifest over any clothes that the user is wearing, likely ripping them in the process, and will form at a speed of 15. Once the Armour has formed, it will protect the user with a strength of 25.

~[color=#826644][b]Flesh Implantation[/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Upon forming the correct hand seals, the user will create a small, but dense, ball of flesh in his hand. If the user is able to make place the flesh onto the skin of the target, the flesh will slowly break up and implant itself into the body of the target over the next 2 posts. The flesh can be removed from the targets skin with a strength of 20 before it implants itself, however it cannot be removed after this period is over. The implanted flesh serves as a base for future jutsu.

A Rank
~[color=#826644][b]Mounted Hellcannon[/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the pores on the user's forearm will open and push fibrous tissue out of the skin, forming a small object attached to the user resembling a cannon. For the next 5 posts, the user will be able to fire small "cannonballs" of flesh, up to a maximum of 15 over the 5 post period, in any direction that the user should desire. the cannonballs have a diameter of 18 inches (45 cms), travel at a speed of 15, and have a strength of 25.

~[color=#826644][b]Flesh Prison[/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will force fibrous tissue to push out from their pores and into the ground. This flesh will travel towards the target at a speed of 30, before busting out to form a 6mX6mX6m prison around them. The prison will hold together with a strength of 20, but will lose it's strength after 6 posts, allowing it to be broken easily.

~[color=#826644][b]Iron Maiden[/b][/color]
[i]A-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisite: ~[color=#826644][b]Flesh Prison[/b][/color][/i]
After capturing the target in the user's ~[color=#826644][b]Flesh Prison[/b][/color], the user will form a set of hand seals, and place his hand on the prison. This will cause the interior walls of the prison to sprout 20 spikes made of cartilage on each wall, each one with a diameter of 3cms. These spikes will proceed to grow out of the walls and impale everything inside of the prison at a speed of 20 and with a strength of 30.

S Rank
~[color=#826644][b]The Abomination Manifest[/b][/color]
[i]S-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, the users flesh will harden and form a protective layer over their entire body. This layer will manifest over any clothes that the user is wearing, likely ripping them in the process, and will form at a speed of 20. Once the Armour has formed, it will protect the user with a strength of 50. This armour takes on an incredibly misshapen form once manifested, and makes the user seem as if they are something other than human.

~[color=#826644][b]The Madman's Meteor[/b][/color]
[i]S-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming the correct hand seals, the user will release a ball of Flesh, about the size of basketball, high into the air. Upon reaching the height of it's arc, the flesh will split into numerous smaller balls, which will then bombard a circle with a 50 meter diameter around the user. This are has a "calm" spot, however, which is located in the exact center of the technique, where the user began it from. This small area of 1 meter radius will not be bombarded by the technique. The individual balls measure 45cms in diameter, travel at a speed of 35, and have a strength of 35.

~[color=#826644][b]Internal Execution[/b][/color]
[i]S-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisite: Flesh Implantation[/i]
If flesh has already been assimilated into the target through another Jutsu, the user will form a set of hand seals before focusing his control on the implanted flesh. Over the next post, the flesh will become active and will make spread itself through the targets body. After 2 posts have passed, the implanted flesh will form itself into spikes and tear through the skin and flesh of the target as it makes it's way out of their body with a strength of 35. This jutsu is capable of causing copious amounts of both bleeding, and is equally capable of rupturing key organs of the body.

Return to “Kirigakure Archives”