Type: Clan
Village: [Konohagakure No Sato]
Size: Large 30 Families
Traits:
  • Dark Brown or Black Hair
  • White Eyes (Byakugan Doujutsu)
Byakugan Doujutsu
Dormant EyeActive Byakugan
The normal eye of a Hyuuga clan member differs from that of a normal human eye. The iris and pupil are barely discernible, with both appearing a milky white in color. The pupil itself is larger than the average human being and is outlined by a black region. The sclerotic remains normal, except the larger size of the pupil reduces one’s ability to view it.When the eye is fully activated, the hidden iris becomes more apparent and the eye gains far more definition. Also, when providing blood and chakra for the eyes' bloodline vision, the veins on the user's temples near the eyes will bulge laterally towards each eye.
Traditions:
Respect of EldersWhile all shinobi eventually retire, the Hyuuga pays particular respect to elders who were once leaders of the clan who retire. These Elders have all their needs met by members of the clan, food is prepared for them and delivered, errands are run for them, families within the clan taking turns to care for them until the day they die. Towards the back of the clan compound is a large stone wall, on which have been carved small representations of the Hyuuga Clan Elder’s faces. Similar to the Wall of the Hokage, though on a much much smaller scale, these faces being about half the normal size. Beneath each is a single shelf where a candle may be placed and lit or flowers left out of respect for the particular Elder, their name carved under their face. Respect to the Elders is very important among the Hyuuga. While the Elders are not worshipped, they are often the receiver of ‘wishes’ or ‘thoughts’ of clan members when they find themselves in hard times. Reaching a status as Elder requires going through several years as a Clan Leader (Clan Leader being an active shinobi, not retired) and achievement of the rank of Bannin. Elders are not combatants, retired from the life in the full sense of the word.Arranged MarriageWhile some in the clan of course are not fans of it, Marriage is a vital part of the clan lifestyle. Getting married and having children is considered the responsibility of every member of the clan, in the interests of furthering the clan bloodline in its purest form possible. While marrying outside of the clan is not completely unheard of, it is not accepted by most members and is a good way to put oneself out of the clan’s favor as a whole.Rite of PassageSome may not see the Hyuuga as the type of clan to have any kind of Rite of Passage, however they in fact, do, and it is considered a highlight of a shinobi’s life (and should be mentioned in a Hyuuga’s character history). This Rite of Passage is as simple as a celebration, for the most part. Gaining the ability to control the Byakugan and use it in a fight is considered vital to a shinobi Hyuuga’s life, and this is what triggers the rite of passage. For most members they gain access to their doujutsu between the ages of 8 and 11, a few not until 13 however those are considered fairly unlucky. If they never achieve it, they never have their Rite of Passage and are in fact viewed as cursed or unlucky by the clan as a whole. However once they do, if they do, achieve the use of their Byakugan the clan member will then study the Elders who have come before, and choose one they feel they identify with. For the rest of their life they will try to emulate that individual, train to be as like them as they can be. At their actual Rite of Passage, the Clan Leader will be there to hear the member tell of who they wish to emulate, and how they see their future among the clan. It’s as simple as that, a party of sorts which the Leader will attend, simply a moment to show they are a “true” member of the clan. (Elders will not be listed and so members, when writing histories, may make up an elder or ask the OOC’s for assistance on making one up for mention in their history)
Influence: The Hyuuga Clan was the third to become apart of the Village of Konoha, and as such has become an integral part of life in Konoha, it’s day to day, it’s politics, the members of this clan currently or in the past have held influential positions. As one of the first three, they’re presence is seen as necessary for the village, much like the Senju and other clan’s of great import and influence.
When the Hyuuga first came to Konohagakure No Sato, it was not in peace and most certainly not quiet. Back in those days, they were nothing more than a large tribe or family, coming upon Konoha which had already been founded by the Senju and Yamanaka and the Hyuuga did not immediately make friends. Their life in Konoha began on the outskirts with small raids and attacks for food and other resources. These attacks continued for at least ten years before members of the Senju clan were able to approach the Hyuuga peacefully and begin to settle the dispute.

The Senju made clear to the Hyuuga that they were more interested in cohabiting than continuing a pointless feud that often brought only death and despair to both parties. As such a peace treaty was reached and over the next decade the Hyuuga slowly integrated into the culture that was Konoha.

To this day, while there is no real ‘problem’ between the clans, relations between the Hyuuga and the Senju are very formal. However because of the way things went and how the Yamanaka were not initially involved in the treaty, things remain rather strained between the Hyuuga and Yamanaka to this day. While they naturally keep a peace, members of the clan, under no circumstance, inter-marry and rarely are clan members friends with one another. The ties between the two remain at best, calm and professional.
Definitions:
Ability:
Byakugan Doujutsu
One of the most famed doujutsu in the world, Byakugan is the bloodline limit of the Hyuuga Clan. When active, the clan member gains 360 degree vision and Penetrative vision, allowing the Hyuuga clan to see the Tenketsu of their enemies. Their telescopic vision can be activated via jutsu. As such, the Byakugan is capable of ability channeling, allowing the Hyuuga to activate their Doujutsu techniques without hand seals. It should be noted that while using their telescopic vision the Hyuuga experiences tunnel vision, making it difficult to see their surroundings.

Prolonged usage of the Byakugan is strenuous and requires a high level of endurance. The maximum operating time a user can utilize their Byakugan at a time is equal to their Chakra Pool stat divided by 4 rounded down, to a minimum of one post. Upon reaching the max duration, the stress of using their Byakugan to it’s limit causes a cooldown period of 1/2 of the duration time, to a minimum of one post. During this cooldown period, the Byakugan cannot be activated and attempting to do so will cause physical pain. Duration is based off total posts where the Byakugan is activated, meaning users can turn it on and off to have a shorter cooldown.
Ability NocodeShow
[quote=Byakugan][i][color=AntiqueWhite]Byakugan Doujutsu[/color][/i]
One of the most famed doujutsu in the world, [b][color=antiquewhite]Byakugan[/color][/b] is the bloodline limit of the Hyuuga Clan. When active, the clan member gains 360 degree vision and Penetrative vision, allowing the Hyuuga clan to see the Tenketsu of their enemies. Their telescopic vision can be activated via jutsu. As such, the Byakugan is capable of ability channeling, allowing the Hyuuga to activate their Doujutsu techniques without hand seals. It should be noted that while using their telescopic vision the Hyuuga experiences tunnel vision, making it difficult to see their surroundings.

Prolonged usage of the Byakugan is strenuous and requires a high level of endurance. The maximum operating time a user can utilize their Byakugan at a time is equal to their Chakra Pool stat divided by 4 rounded down, to a minimum of one post. Upon reaching the max duration, the stress of using their Byakugan to it’s limit causes a cooldown period of 1/2 of the duration time, to a minimum of one post. During this cooldown period, the Byakugan cannot be activated and attempting to do so will cause physical pain. Duration is based off total posts where the Byakugan is activated, meaning users can turn it on and off to have a shorter cooldown.[/quote]
Requirements:
  • Clan Members must have above average Control at start up.
Kekkei Genkai:
Hyuuga:
Byakugan Doujutsu
Born into the Hyuuga Clan, this shinobi is able to use the Byakugan Doujutsu and its related functions to see the chakra systems of their enemies. This also allows for other effects through the use of techniques related to the Byakugan.

Note: Byakugan eye techniques fall under the Ninpou Pyramid
D Rank ~Byakugan: Telescopic Vision
D Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling a small amount of chakra to the Hyuuga's Byakugan, the clan member uses their doujutsu to zoom in like a telescope, allowing them to see much farther away. In doing so, the Hyuuga member is able to see up to 250 meters away as though they were mere feet away. It should be noted that while using their telescopic vision the Hyuuga experiences tunnel vision, making it difficult to see their surroundings. This jutsu can be maintained as long as the Hyuuga channels chakra to their eyes.
C Rank ~Byakugan: Telescopic Vision
C Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling a small amount of chakra to the Hyuuga's Byakugan, the clan member uses their doujutsu to zoom in like a telescope, allowing them to see much farther away. In doing so, the Hyuuga member is able to see up to 500 meters away as though they were mere feet away. It should be noted that while using their telescopic vision the Hyuuga experiences tunnel vision, making it difficult to see their surroundings. This jutsu can be maintained as long as the Hyuuga channels chakra to their eyes.
B Rank ~Byakugan: Telescopic Vision
B Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling a small amount of chakra to the Hyuuga's Byakugan, the clan member uses their doujutsu to zoom in like a telescope, allowing them to see much farther away. In doing so, the Hyuuga member is able to see up to 1 Kilometer away as though they were mere feet away. It should be noted that while using their telescopic vision the Hyuuga experiences tunnel vision, making it difficult to see their surroundings. This jutsu can be maintained as long as the Hyuuga channels chakra to their eyes.
A Rank ~Byakugan: Telescopic Vision
A Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling a small amount of chakra to the Hyuuga's Byakugan, the clan member uses their doujutsu to zoom in like a telescope, allowing them to see much farther away. In doing so, the Hyuuga member is able to see up to 2 Kilometers away as though they were mere feet away. It should be noted that while using their telescopic vision the Hyuuga experiences tunnel vision, making it difficult to see their surroundings. This jutsu can be maintained as long as the Hyuuga channels chakra to their eyes.

~Byakugan: Permanency
A rank Ninjutsu
A technique that few in the Hyuuga clan attain, this jutsu requires dedicated time and practice with the Byakugan as well as a ritual to unlock its full power. By performing said ritual, the Hyuuga member with this jutsu is no longer bound by the cooldown period of the Byakugan; they can turn it on and off at will without regard for any time limits. However, this comes at the hefty cost of -3 Chakra Pool permanently devoted to powering the ever active Byakugan.
Taijutsu Style:
Jyuuken
Jyuuken, also known as ‘Gentle Fist’ is the NinTaijutsu style the Hyuuga Clan has become notorious for. It’s moves appear like a graceful dance to the naked eye, though some of these moves can be quite deadly. Most strikes are aimed to close the tenketsu of the target’s body, limiting their jutsu use and damaging their chakra network. As every move requires Channeling this style follows the basic channelling rules.
Requires Deft hands
Jyuuken Style NocodeShow
[color=antiquewhite][i]Jyuuken[/i][/color]
Jyuuken, also known as ‘Gentle Fist’ is the NinTaijutsu style the Hyuuga Clan has become notorious for. It’s moves appear like a graceful dance to the naked eye, though some of these moves can be quite deadly. Most strikes are aimed to close the tenketsu of the target’s body, limiting their jutsu use and damaging their chakra network.
[i]Requires Deft hands[/i]
Jyuuken Style Jutsu:
D-rank Ninjutsu (5):
~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Palm Dance of Divination[/color][/b]
[i]D-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver[/i]
The fundamental basis of Jyuuken, the user will focus chakra into their hands. For three posts the user is able to inject the chakra within the opponent’s body upon successful contact, dealing damage to the internal structures of the body rather than the external. This has a painful effect on the muscles and blood vessels within the body, causing bruising at the touch.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Palm Guard of Divination[/color][/b]
After channelling chakra into their palm, the user will guard a strike to them. If this strike is empowered by Ninjutsu of D-rank or lower, it will guard against the effects by the user bursting their own chakra into it. Otherwise the chakra will enter the opponent’s striking appendage and damage their chakra system, causing them to lose 1 control for 4 posts.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: White Haze Dance[/color][/b]
After channelling chakra into their palm, the user will strike harder than usually performed in Jyuuken. While normally the softest touch is enough to inject the chakra to damage the internal structures of the body, this technique is designed to accompany the user's attack with a blast of chakra, throwing those with a [Strength] less than the user's [Control] back 10 meters through the air.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: White Haze Dagger[/color][/b]
After channelling chakra into their hand, the user will skillfully dodge an incoming strike performed with an arm. The user will then strike the place where the bicep and triceps meet on that arm, injecting their chakra between the muscles for a painful effect. The body will then have its strength reduced by 1 for 4 posts.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Twin Striking Palm[/color][/b]
Often used as a finishing strike, the user will charge chakra through their palms before they deliver the blow. They will then strike with one palm inverted over the other into the opponent’s abdomen. The chakra that is injected directly into the opponent’s solar plexus causes significant pain and stands a very large chance of winding the opponent providing their [Strength] does not exceed the user’s [Control]-5.
C-rank Ninjutsu (5):
~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Pricking Lock[/color][/b]
[i]C-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver[/i]
Used as a method of immobilizing an opponent, the user will charge chakra into their hands before wrapping their free hand around their opponent's arms locking it in place before striking with the charged hand injecting it with chakra straight into the tenketsu temporarily locking their opponent's arm into that position. This move can be resisted if the opponent has more [Control] than the user. This arm lock lasts for 3 posts.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Void Palm Strike[/color][/b]
After channelling chakra into their palm, the user will thrust their palm toward a target. This technique extends the range of their palm thrust by firing off a shell of chakra in the direction of the palm thrust, moving a speed and strength equal to the user’s [Control] moving up to 25 meters.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs Heavenly Rotation[/color][/b]
After channelling chakra through all the Tenketsu in their body, the user will begin to spin rapidly on the spot. This will cause an orb of chakra to expand from their body at [Control] speed, pushing away incoming projectiles, ninjutsu and people with [Control] strength. This technique can last a total of 2 posts, and the orb expands a maximum of 5 meters.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Twin Lion Fists[/color][/b]
After channelling chakra through their palms, the user covers their palms in casings resembling two roaring lions. For the next four posts, whenever the user strikes an opponent the lions will strike also, closing tenketsu points to cause -3 control for up to 6 posts.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs 32 Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
[i]Prerequisite: Byakugan Active[/i]
The weakest form of Jyuuken’s Ougi, this technique combines a sharp mental image with precise strikes. The user first envisions the symbol of the eight trigrams on the ground beneath them to gauge the distance between themselves and the target with the aid of the Byakugan. The master of this technique then channels chakra into their hands and dashes in to engage with the opponent. Using their calculations and precise strikes, the user will then swiftly perform a combination of blows equalling 32 in number; each blow closing a tenketsu point. This technique causes widespread damage to internal tissues, resulting in a lot of pain and damage to the body; while the closed tenketsu reduces the target’s Control by 3 for 6 posts.
B-rank Ninjutsu (3):
~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs Mountain Crushing Palm Strike[/color][/b]
[i]B-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver[/i]
After channelling chakra to their palm, the user will thrust it toward an opponent. They will let forth a wave of chakra on contact which spirals around and through the opponent’s body, assaulting their chakra system as well as the rest of their body. This will cause their body to suffer extensive damage to its musculature, reducing strength and speed both by 3 until medical assistance is received.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs Sixty Four Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
[i]Prerequisite:[/i] ~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs 32 Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
A weaker form of Jyuuken’s Ougi, this technique combines a sharp mental image with precise strikes. The user first envisions the symbol of the eight trigrams on the ground beneath them to gauge the distance between themselves and the target with the aid of the Byakugan. The master of this technique then channels chakra into their hands and dashes in to engage with the opponent. Using their calculations and precise strikes, the user will then swiftly perform a combination of blows equalling 64 in number; each blow closing a tenketsu point. This technique causes widespread damage to internal tissues, rupturing several blood vessels and tearing muscle tissues; while the closed tenketsu reduces the target’s Control by 6 for 8 posts.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Tenketsu Binding Strike[/color][/b]
After channeling chakra to their hand the user will encapsulate their hands in a bright layer of chakra of which they’ll aim for their opponent’s center mass of chakra encasing it with the chakra on their hand.. When striking their opponent this chakra will stick to the opponent in that center mass with a strength of the user’s [Control]. This stuck binding of chakra will begin to debuff the user’s Control by -3 per post it is attached to a max of -9 Control. This binding lasts for up to 5 posts.
A-rank Ninjutsu (3):
~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: One Body Blow[/color][/b]
[i]A-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver[/i]
After channelling chakra through all of their tenketsu, the user will release it in a mighty surge with [Control] strength and speed, travelling up to 65 meters. The chakra will assault the chakra system of any hit, reducing their Control by -9 points. After 3 posts the disruption will dissipate however, as specific tenketsu were not struck.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: True Heavenly Dance of Divination[/color][/b]
After channelling chakra into their palms, the user will be able to unleash devastating attacks over the next 3 posts. Not only will each strike of their palms disrupt the opponent’s chakra network, causing -9 control for 5 posts; it will bypass the outer layers of the body to assault the internal organs directly. Depending on the places stuck, this can have devastating effects on the opponent’s body.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs One Hundred and Twenty Eight Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
[i]Prerequisite:[/i] ~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs Sixty Four Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
An incomplete form of Jyuuken’s Ougi, this technique combines a sharp mental image with precise strikes. The user first envisions the symbol of the eight trigrams on the ground beneath them to gauge the distance between themselves and the target with the aid of the Byakugan. The master of this technique then channels chakra into their hands and dashes in to engage with the opponent. Using their calculations and precise strikes, the user will then swiftly perform a combination of blows equalling 128 in number; each blow closing a tenketsu point. This technique causes widespread damage to internal tissues, causing internal bleeding in internal organs and devastating the opponent’s muscles; while the closed tenketsu reduces the target’s Control by 9 for 8 posts.
S-rank Ninjutsu (2):
~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs Two Hundred and Fifty Six Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
[i]S-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver[/i]
[i]Prerequisite:[/i] ~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs One Hundred and Twenty Eight Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
An almost complete form of Jyuuken’s Ougi, this technique combines a sharp mental image with precise strikes. The user first envisions the symbol of the eight trigrams on the ground beneath them to gauge the distance between themselves and the target with the aid of the Byakugan. The master of this technique then channels chakra into their hands and dashes in to engage with the opponent. Using their calculations and precise strikes, the user will then swiftly perform a combination of blows equalling 256 in number; each blow closing a tenketsu point. This technique causes widespread damage to internal tissues, causing serious damage to internal organs and causing cracks to appear in most bones; while the closed tenketsu reduces the target’s Control by 12 for 10 posts.

~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs Three Hundred and Sixty One Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
[i]S-rank Nintaijutsu Maneuver[/i]
[i]Prerequisite:[/i] ~[color=Antiquewhite][b]Jyuuken :: Eight Divination Signs Two Hundred and Fifty Six Palms of the Hand[/color][/b]
The complete form of Jyuuken’s Ougi, this technique combines a sharp mental image with precise strikes. The user first envisions the symbol of the eight trigrams on the ground beneath them to gauge the distance between themselves and the target with the aid of the Byakugan. The master of this technique then channels chakra into their hands and dashes in to engage with the opponent. Using their calculations and precise strikes, the user will then swiftly perform a combination of blows equalling 361 in number; each blow closing a tenketsu point. With every tenketsu point on the opponent’s body closed, their body cannot function and they spiral into death should the combination of blows be completed.

Return to “Konohagakure Archives”