[House] Yamanaka

Archives

[House] Yamanaka

Post by Archives » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:14 am

Type: Clan
Village: Konohagakure no Sato
Size: Small

Traditions: The Yamanaka are very intelligence oriented as well as celebration of the mind and conscious. This has led them to create celebrations centered around their children enrolling in the academy as a momentous occasion.
The Blooming Festival is a momentous occasion for the Yamanaka clan as they celebrate their children enrolling in the academy. These Festivals are hosted at the Yamanaka compound for the next generation enrolling in the academy as they are typically gifted books, scrolls, or other items with knowledgeable information hosted within. The celebration is held as the Yamanaka hold intelligence in high regard as well as the importance of training the conscious so they gift the children with books to educate themselves even when not in class.

Influence: The Yamanaka hold an important role in Konohagakure as they serve mostly in sensor units as they have a natural affinity for producing some of the best sensor ninja. They also serve as long range communication units through the use of their permeating conscious abilities. They've proven their utility to the village, and are regarded as one of the best sensor families in Konohagakure.
Definitions:
  • Consciousness is the conscious mind. The Yamanaka are capable of attaching theirs to chakra. Doing so allows the Yamanaka to send their consciousness out of their body and this is the basis for many of their techniques. While a consciousness is outside the body, the subconscious will continue the body's normal activities, like breathing. Because the consciousness is completely immaterial, it cannot be noticed by any traditional senses. However, because it is attached to chakra, the consciousness can be noticed by sensors.
Traits: Over the years, members of the Yamanaka clan have developed physical similarities. All members have pale skin, coming very close to being more accurately described as white rather than pink or peach. While Yamanaka members' hair comes in a variety of colors, they are always a pale hue, like blond, grey/silver, or cappuccino. The combined paleness of their hair and skin gives Yamanaka members an overall appearance rather lacking in contrast. Most Yamanaka members allow their hair to grow long, though this is not required. Likewise, the majority of Yamanaka members have light blue colored eyes, though light green isn't unheard of.
Conscious Control:
The Yamanaka have created a secret series of ninjutsu techniques that allows the user to seize control, manipulate, and erase information from a target's conscious mind by overwhelming it with their own. This is most commonly used to take control of the target, allowing the Yamanaka to gain a situational advantage in battle. It can also be used to read the mind of a target, and create mental blocks in their thinking process.
Requires: Above average Control. While supplemental techniques can be of any rank, techniques that involve the manipulation of consciousness must be at least D-rank. Additional guidelines:
  • A Yamanaka cannot perform any jutsu their opponent knows, even while in possession of their body.
  • A Yamanaka can perform their own jutsu while in possession of an opponent, provided the opponent's body is compatible with the technique (Example: A Yamanaka with Katon ninjutsu can perform said jutsu through their opponent if the opponent has the Katon concentration). The only exception to this is Yamanaka Clan techniques, which can be performed regardless of the opponent they are possessing. This drains from the Yamanaka's chakra pool, not the opponents.
  • A Yamanaka cannot do anything that would explicitly damage an opponent under their control, such as stabbing themselves with a Kunai, without damaging their real bodies as well.
  • A Yamanaka does not have inherent access to a possessed target's memories or thoughts, and must use a separate technique to gather such information.
Any jutsu that requires the full use of the user's consciousness will cause the body to go limp, while any jutsu that uses a piece of the consciousness will elicit a Will Power debuff based on Rank for the duration of the technique:
  • D-Rank: -1 Will Power
  • C-Rank: -3 Will Power
  • B-Rank: -6 Will Power
  • A-Rank: -9 Will Power
  • S-Rank: -12 Will Power
The effectiveness of Yamanaka techniques are dependent on the Will Power stat of the target:
The formula for this calculation is: Control versus the opponents Will Power.
If the user's Control is higher than the opponents Will Power, their technique will be successful.
No-CodeShow
[quote=Conscious Control]The Yamanaka have created a secret series of ninjutsu techniques that allows the user to seize control, manipulate, and erase information from a target’s conscious mind by overwhelming it with their own. This is most commonly used to take control of the target, allowing the Yamanaka to gain a situational advantage in battle. It can also be used to read the mind of a target, and create mental blocks in their thinking process.
[i]Requires:[/i] Above average Control. While supplemental techniques can be of any rank, techniques that involve the manipulation of consciousness must be at least D-rank. Additional guidelines:
[list][*]A Yamanaka cannot perform any jutsu their opponent knows, even while in possession of their body.
[*]A Yamanaka can perform their own jutsu while in possession of an opponent, provided the opponent's body is compatible with the technique. (Example: A Yamanaka with Katon ninjutsu can perform said jutsu through their opponent if the opponent has the Katon concentration). The only exception to this is Yamanaka Clan techniques, which can be performed regardless of the opponent they are possessing. This drains from the Yamanaka's chakra pool, not the opponents.
[*]A Yamanaka cannot do anything that would explicitly damage an opponent under their control, such as stabbing themselves with a Kunai, without damaging their real bodies as well.
[*]A Yamanaka does not have inherent access to a possessed target's memories or thoughts, and must use a separate technique to gather such information.[/list]
Any jutsu that requires the full use of the user's consciousness will cause the body to go limp, while any jutsu that uses a piece of the consciousness will elicit a Will Power debuff based on Control for the duration of the technique:
[list][*]1-9 Control: -1 Will Power
[*]10-19 Control: -3 Will Power
[*]20-24 Control: -6 Will Power
[*]25-34 Control: -9 Will Power
[*]35 Control: -12 Will Power[/list]
The effectiveness of Yamanaka techniques are dependent on the Will Power stat of the target:
The formula for this calculation is: Control versus the opponents Will Power.
If the user's Control is higher than the opponents Will Power, their technique will be successful.[/quote]
In the beginning of Konoha, many clans and ideas were merged to create one of the Great Ninja Villages. After a few generations, a few individuals developed new techniques and skills, forming the Yamanaka clan. The clan began a relationship with the Senju clan after the fighting had ceased between the two Fire Country families, bonding closely as they came to form Konohagakure no Sato. Despite pressure to teach their techniques to the village as a whole, the Yamanaka managed to keep their techniques a secret while serving the village to their utmost abilities. While the clan never became one of Konoha's strongest military powers, the clan proved its worth and loyalty while pulling its weight in the village the years that followed.

Tensions between the Hyuuga and Yamanaka could be classified as simply strained, however the struggle runs deeper as before the Hyuuga became a part of the village there was no Hokage to create a unified treaty. Instead the council was run by the Yamanaka and Senju which only half of the council, the Senju, signed a treaty formally recognizing the Hyuuga. The Yamanaka held sentiments about allowing the Hyuuga to join, and to this day have not yet signed a treaty with them. This has caused tension among the two clans spanning from the year 453 to now 121X. The two have a mutual agreed respect, but do not associate past necessary relations.

The Yamanaka clan play an important role in Konohagakure's sensor shinobi division as they help the Senju sense incoming threats towards the village in the trees. Other things about the Yamanaka clan and their history is that they have special relationships with Akimichi and Nara Clans. For generations, members of these three families have formed "Ino–Shika–Chō" trios, named after the first part of the names of the members with the Yamanaka members being the "Ino" in the trio.

It's relatively small size allowed them to maintain their secretive techniques as they continued to develop amazingly useful jutsu for the less battle intensive aspects of ninja life such as spying and interrogating. And for this reason, the clan has become well respected among the Leaf Village, and around the world.
House JutsuShow
E-rank Ninjutsu (2):
[b]~Ninjutsu • Absent Mind, Rigid Body[/b]
[i]E-ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
As the Yamanaka's consciousness leaves their body, they'll force chakra throughout their body in order to make it rigid, preventing it from falling over while their mind is absent. This drains a negligible amount of chakra every post due to being such a low ranked technique.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Consciousness Return[/b]
[i]E-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
A staple technique to the Yamanaka Clan, by channeling a small amount of chakra the Yamanaka can expel their consciousness from anything or anyone that it currently inhabits, returning all pieces of their consciousness to their body over the course of a full post.
D-rank Ninjutsu (6):
[b]~Ninjutsu • Mind Lapse[/b]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka will project a portion of their consciousness at a target at a speed of [Control] and a range of 10 meters. If the chakra makes contact with a target and the target has less Will Power than the user's Control, the target will forget whatever they were doing or had planned to do. However, it doesn't prevent future processes.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Stow Away Mind[/b]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects their consciousness at a target in at a speed of [Control] and a range of 10 meters. The Yamanaka does not attempt to take over the target's body, instead they sit in the background experiencing everything that the target does, causing the target to feel a strange presence while affected. This jutsu only functions properly if the target has less Will Power than the user's Control. Since this does not take control over the target's body, the Yamanaka will not receive any damage that the target receives. Lasts for 4 posts, during which the user's body goes limp.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Thought Insertion[/b]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the hand seals, the Yamanaka sends a portion of their consciousness out at a speed of [Control] and a range of 10 meters. If it makes contact with the target, the Yamanaka can insert a single thought into the target's head. Things such as "this is a bad idea", "Don't go in there" and "attack this." The target will be unable to discern where the thought appeared from if they have less Will Power than the user's Control. The user has a -1 Will Power for the duration of the technique.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Piece of Mind[/b]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the hand seals, the Yamanaka sends a portion of their consciousness out at a speed of [Control] to a range of 10 meters. If it makes contact with the target, the Yamanaka will elicit a debuff of -1 Will Power as they fill a portion of the target's consciousness with blank thought to slow down the target's thought process. This causes -1 Will Power in the Yamanaka themselves for the duration of the technique. The target will be unable to clear the blank spot if they have less Will Power than the user's Control

[b]~Ninjutsu • Memory Exchange[/b]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the hand seals, the Yamanaka will place their hand upon the head of a willing target, and summon up one of their own memories to be transferred into the target's brain. They can only exchange one memory, and it is a one-way transfer as the user can only transfer one memory and cannot receive any other memory. The target will only receive the visual experience of the memory, and will not feel the physical or mental effects of the memory. After the memory has been transferred the technique ends.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Over Sensitivity[/b]
[i]D-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the hand seals, the Yamanaka will shoot off a piece of their consciousness that travels at a speed of [Control] at their target. If successful the conscious will begin to overwork the target's senses, and overload it by working their senses double time making them hyper sensitive and susceptible to powerful lights, smells, temperatures, and etc. This technique endures for 3 posts while impeding a -1 Will Power penalty to the user as they focus overloading the target's conscious.
C-rank Ninjutsu (5):
[b]~Ninjutsu • Mind Body Change[/b]
[i]C-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects their consciousness towards a target with a speed of [Control] and a range of 25 meters. If this makes contact, the mind of the victim is forced to watch as the Yamanaka controls their actions. If the target has more Will Power than the user's Control, they can overpower the intruder and force them out of their body. Control allows them to control basic movement. It should be noted that any damage the possessed opponent suffers will be reflected on the Yamanaka's original body. If avoided or resisted, the consciousness takes one post to find its way back to the body. Lasts for 5 posts, during which the user's body goes limp.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Mind Body Wander[/b]
[i]C-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, a Yamanaka will anchor their consciousness to an inanimate, chakra-less object. While anchored, the Yamanaka's consciousness must remain within 25 meters of that object and is capable of seeing and hearing what is going on around them. If said object moves, the Yamanaka will be forced to move with it up to a speed of [Control] or take an entire post for the consciousness to find its way back to the body. Lasts for 5 posts, during which the user's body goes limp.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Communion of Mind with Mind[/b]
[i]C-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects a portion of their consciousness with a speed of [Control] and a range of 25 meters. If this makes contact, the Yamanaka and the target will be able to relay their thoughts to one another. Only works on a willing target. Lasts for 5 posts, eliciting a -3 to Will Power for the duration.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Forced Thought[/b]
[i]C-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects a portion of their consciousness with a speed of [Control] and a range of 25 meters. If this makes contact, the Yamanaka can force the target to conjure thoughts based on a single subject or memory. If the user tries to force the target to think of something they have no knowledge of, the jutsu will have no effect. Only works on the target if they have less Will Power than the user's Control. Lasts for 5 posts, eliciting a -3 Will Power for the duration.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Mind Reading[/b]
[i]C-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects a portion of their consciousness with a speed of [Control] and a range of 25 meters. If this makes contact, the Yamanaka can read the target's conscious thoughts. While typically this technique can only be used to learn the target's current thoughts, when used in conjunction with [b]~Forced Thought[/b], this technique can serve as a valuable interrogation method. Only works if the target has less Will Power than the user's Control. Lasts for 5 posts, eliciting a -3 Will Power for the duration.
B-rank Ninjutsu (3):
[b]~Ninjutsu • Mind Transfer[/b]
[i]B-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects their consciousness towards a target with a speed of [Control] and a range of 40 meters. If this makes contact, the mind of the victim is forced to watch as the Yamanaka controls their actions. If the target has more Will Power than the user's Control they will be able to fight off the Yamanaka's control. Control allows them to control movement, speech, and jutsu control based off of the restrictions of the Yamanaka. It should be noted that any damage the possessed opponent suffers will be reflected on the Yamanaka's original body. If avoided or resisted, the consciousness takes one post to find its way back to the body. Lasts for 6 posts, during which the user's body goes limp.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Memory Rip[/b]
[i]B-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka places their hand upon the target's head as they pull a memory from the target to visualize and experience. From here the Yamanaka copies the memory for themselves being able to recall it at any time as if it were their own. However the Yamanaka may be resisted if the target has less Will Power than the user's Control. This will cause a painful disconnection for the Yamanaka as they are yanked out of the target's consciousness.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Radio Frequency[/b]
[i]B-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka will fall limp as they begin to communicate with a large body of people. They will be able to transmit messages to people of their choosing within [Control]*2 meters radius one way for 4 posts to a number of people equal to their [Will Power].
A-rank Ninjutsu (3):
[b]~Mind Takeover[/b]
[i]A-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects their consciousness towards a target with a speed of [Control] and a range of 65 meters. If this makes contact, the mind of the victim is forced to watch as the Yamanaka controls their actions. If the target has more Will Power than the user's Control they will be able to fight off the Yamanaka's control. Control allows them to control movement, speech, jutsu control based off of the restrictions of the Yamanaka, and the ability to see memories. It should be noted that any damage the possessed opponent suffers will be reflected on the Yamanaka's original body. If avoided or resisted, the consciousness takes one post to find its way back to the body. Lasts for 5 posts, during which the user's body goes limp.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Mind Destruction[/b]
[i]A-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects a portion of their consciousness at [Control] speed at an opponent with a range of 65 meters that systematically halts the opponent’s ability to conjure any techniques making them unable to conjure ninjutsu, taijutsu, or genjutsu. The user must have more Will Power than the opponent’s Control. This inability to cast jutsu lasts for 4 posts, and elicits a -9 Will Power debuff on the user.

[b]~Ninjutsu • Living Rent Free[/b]
[i]A-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects a portion of their consciousness at [Control] speed at an opponent with a range of 65 meters that stores a portion of their consciousness to sit besides the target’s consciousness processing and reporting back to the Yamanaka’s consciousness of their opponent’s moves and thoughts revealing it all in real time. The user must have more Will Power than the opponent’s Control. This ability to read an opponent’s moves lasts for 5 posts eliciting a Will Power debuff of -9 on the user.
S-rank Ninjutsu (1):
[b]~Ninjutsu • Remote Control[/b]
[i]S-Ranked Ninjutsu[/i]
After the necessary hand seals, the Yamanaka projects a portion of their consciousness at [Control] speed at a target with a range of 80 meters that takes control over that target remotely allowing the user to still be in control of their own body. This remote however comes with some limitations in that the user cannot control the opponent’s speech, access their memories, or cast other ninjutsu. They can only control the target’s movements. The user also must have more [Control] than the opponent’s [Will Power]-5 For the duration of this technique the user’s Will Power is debuffed by -12. This remote control only lasts for 4 posts.

Return to “Konohagakure Archives”