[Inactive]Arashiyama, Saiga

Archives

[Inactive]Arashiyama, Saiga

Post by Archives » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:16 pm

Username: SasukeRyotai
ARASHIYAMA, SAIGA

The battle you don't prepare for is the one that kills you.

General Information Age: 17
Height: 4'11"
Weight: 107 l/bs
Physical Features: Mid-back-length dirty blonde hair is always pulled back into a hasty ponytail. Saiga's eyes are a bright vibrant green, and always alight with some hidden, unperpetuated mischief. Olive skin is marked with a faint tracery of tattooing, thorned rose stems, knotted vines, even some tribal designs across the small of her back. Thin and lithe, she moves with an excess of frenetic energy, almost as if she is perpetually nervous.
Clothing/Accessories: Saiga wears close fitting clothes, not tight enough to restrict movement, but close enough that they don't get in the way of her motions. Shorts, halter top, and nearly knee-length boots are her normal attire, with a sheath strapped to her left thigh, and three pouches hanging from her belt. Between the two pouches on her left hip, there is a small metal breakaway clip. Gloves with metal backing are donned for expected combat, and a long scarf is wrapped around her neck, able to be pulled up to cover her face if needed.
Personality: Bright, bubbly, and energetic, Saiga is almost always in motion, even if it's nothing more than what seems to be nervous fidgeting. She talks with about the same amount of energy, rapidly and with no wasted breath. This, however, does not reveal an air-head personality, but rather an eagerness to be part of the community at large around her, though it is often mistaken for the former. This comes, in large part, from the legacy she comes from, a mother and father that both made themselves absolutely indispensable in the village. There's no pressure on her from her parents to live up to that reputation, but she still strives to not only meet their reputation, but exceed it. However, she worries - never audibly - that she will fall short and bring shame to her family.
The energy of her normal personality carries over into her combat style as well, her movements always rapid strikes and withdrawals. Her style is also adaptive, since she carries enough weapons that she can shift methods at a moment's notice. However, even as she gives her all into combat, she is wise enough to know that when the odds start to look irreversible, a hasty retreat may be the very best option one has.
Battle Information Village: Kumogakure No Sato

Stats: (0/50)
  • Ninjutsu: 5
  • Taijutsu: 5
  • Genjutsu: 4
  • Stamina: 4
  • Control: 10
  • Strength: 4
  • Speed: 4
  • Instinct: 4
Equipment: Ninja-to (Right hip)
Ninja-to (Back)
Kusari-gama ('Clip' holster between pouches)
Kunai (15: 3 in thigh sheath, 3 in upper arm sheath both arms, 3 in boot sheath both boots)
Senbon (15, special case in right boot)
5 smoke bombs (Front pouch, left hip)
5 shrapnel bombs (Back pouch, left hip)
Shuriken (30, spaced around the belt that holds the pouches, bands around the wrists, and tucked into folds of the ribbons on her boots)
Companions: (0/1)
Affinity: Ranton
Abilities and Concentrations
Abilities
First Ability
Ranton:
Ranton [Storm Release] is a unique elemental affinity exclusive to the Arashiyama clan. By mixing their natural affinities for Raiton [Lightning Release] and Suiton [Water Release] the clan is able to create a liquid-like plasma called storm.
Second Ability---------
Third Ability-------------
Concentrations
Ninjutsu
Raiton:
Raiton Affinity
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Raiton, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require the Raiton affinity. Raiton has a shocking effect.
Iijutsu:
This concentration allows for the user to user chakra to affect the biological processes of a living creature. This includes modifying, speeding up, or slowing down the biological processes. Iijutsu is known for it's advanced nature and requires precise chakra control to work effectively. It can be differentiate from normal techniques by the faint light green colour of the chakra used in Iijutsu techniques.
Taijutsu
Acrobatics:
The fundamental skill of [Acrobatics] includes the user’s ability to contort their body into unfamiliar positions in order to avoid attacks, as well as the user’s ability to fall safely and perform Ukemi and other feats of gymnastics. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Sword Weapons:
The fundamental skill of [Sword Weapons] indicates the user’s proficiency with swords and sword-like weapons such as knives, daggers, sword-breakers and the like. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Genjutsu
Touch Initiation:
This user has learn to use physical sensations to initiate genjutsu. Allowing them to physical touch the target, or touch them with objects to capture their targets in genjutsu.

Jutsu
NinjutsuShow
RaitonShow
*Raiton • Conductor
D-ranked Raiton Jutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will coat a weapon they are holding in Raiton electricity for 5 posts. This causes the shock effect to be produced on any contact with a target, while also granting blunt weapons the ability to cut through skin to produce shallow wounds. This also works for thrown weapons, however if the projectile remains out of contact with the user for more than 2 posts the technique will dissipate early.

*Raiton • Shock Double
D-ranked Raiton Jutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will create a copy of themselves out of Raiton chakra. The clone will be able to move with the stats labelled below, while also exploding with the force of a single exploding tag upon death (which also applies the raiton passive effect). The clone will only last for 3 posts.
Taijutsu: 2
Stamina: 1
Strength: 1
Speed: 2

*Raiton • Stun Gun
D-ranked Raiton Jutsu
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will channel Raiton chakra to two of their fingers. They will then be able to fire up to three total bullet sized balls of concentrated lightning from their fingertips. These bullets will travel at 5 speed, but will not have any physical force. Instead, they will apply light electrical burns similar to a sun burn and will apply Raiton's shocking effect.

*Raiton • Static Shroud
D-Ranked Raiton Jutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user covers their body in a layer of visible static which crackles around them for 4 posts. Anything which comes within 6 inches of their body will be repelled with a force of 5 strength and have the Raiton Shocking effect applied.

*Raiton • Bright Bolt
D-ranked Raiton Jutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will extend two fingers toward a target. A bolt of lightning will jump up to 10 meters from their fingers at a speed of 6, striking with a strength of 4.
IijutsuShow
*[Iijutsu • Chakra Gloves]
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
When real latex gloves are not on hand, the *[Iijutsu • Chakra Gloves] technique comes in quite handy. After forming a single handseal, the user will focus chakra into his/her hands to form a thin layer of chakra around them. This chakra will help to protect other objects against the bacteria on the user's hands if sterilization is not an option before beginning a procedure. This technique can be held as long as the user has chakra.

*[Iijutsu • Chakra Mask]
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
Not unlike the *[Iijutsu • Chakra Gloves] technique, *[Iijutsu • Chakra Mask] shines when the real deal is not on hand. After forming a single handseal, the user will focus chakra into the area around his/her mouth and nose to form a thin layer of chakra around them. This chakra will help to keep the user from breathing bacteria onto a patient during procedures. This technique can be held as long as the user has chakra.

*[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
As sanitation cannot always be guaranteed in field operations, this technique provides a quick substitute to traditional sterilization methods. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will channel the chakra throughout his/her upper body (torso, arms, hands, face). This chakra will chew away at harmful bacteria and other foreign bodies on the skin, cleansing it until it is thoroughly sterile, and can be spread to objects, most commonly surgical tools. Of course, this takes both concentration and time, and in order to sterilize the entire upper body, it will take a duration of one (1) post. Users of this technique can also choose to sterilize certain parts of their upper body or the wounds of another person instead for a lesser concentration period. Once they are sanitized, they remain this way until coming in contact with more bacteria.

*[Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
When traditional stitching supplies aren't available, *[Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching] truly shines. After performing a short set of handseals, the user will gently place his/her index finger at the base of the patient's wound. Once this is done, the user will lift his/her finger and touch it to the other side of the wound, causing a visible 'stitch' of chakra to appear. This is repeated until the wound has been pulled together. Although precision is key, this technique can still be performed relatively quickly. Small to moderate wounds take very little time to stitch, while large wounds will take one (1) post of work to mend. This technique drains a minuscule amount of chakra from the person it is attached to in order to keep the stitches going, theoretically, ad-infinitum, and can be cancelled at any time by the user with a single handseal. Any intensive or strenuous movements will cause the stitches to break.

*[Iijutsu • Bandage Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: *[Iijutsu • Sterilization Technique]
A simple yet vital medical technique, the *[Iijutsu • Bandage Technique] provides its users with the ability to create makeshift bandages out of any suitable material they desire. After channeling chakra into an object (such as a leaf, piece of cloth, etc.), the user is able to apply it to the wound of a patient. Once applied, the selected object will adhere to the flesh around the wound, protecting it from bacteria and other harmful foreign bodies. Objects used for the bandage technique are automatically sterilized in the process. These bandages drain a minuscule amount of chakra from the person it is attatched to in order to keep them stuck on, theoretically, ad-infinitum, and can be cancelled at any time by the user with a single handseal. While not as effective at stopping bleeding as the [Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching] technique, they hold on much better in the case that strenuous movement is necessary.
RantonShow
*[Ranton • Nano Jet]
D-ranked Ninjutsu
After performing a string of handseals, the user focuses storm chakra into their mouth and pools liquid in it. The user is able to shoot the liquid in a straight line with a speed of 5, a strength of 5, and a range of 5 meters. The liquid bursts into 3 ribbons on impact, with 3 strength and 5 speed that lunge for the target up to 1.25 meters. This technique will pierce surface skin, but causes mostly superficial (albeit rather painful and bloody) wounds and inflicts tingling and acute numbness to the impacted areas.

*[Ranton • Nano Bomb]
D-ranked Ninjutsu
After performing a string of handseals, the user focuses storm chakra into one of their hands to create a ball of liquid about an inch in diameter. The user is able to place the ball wherever he likes, even leaving it suspended in the air. After three posts, or after the user performs the single trigger seal, the liquid will burst into 3 ribbons with 3 strength and 5 speed that lunge for the target up to 1.25 meters. This technique will pierce surface skin, but causes mostly superficial (albeit rather painful and bloody) wounds and inflicts tingling and acute numbness to the impacted areas.

*[Ranton • Nano Sylph]
D-ranked Ninjutsu
After performing a string of handseals, the user focuses storm chakra into one of their hands to create a ball of liquid about an inch in diameter. The ball can then be launched with a speed of 5 and a strength of 5. The user is able to freely control this ball up to a range of 5 meters, but must remain stationary. On impact, the ball will burst into 3 ribbons with 3 strength and 5 speed that lunge for the target for up to 1.25 meters. This technique will pierce surface skin, but causes mostly superficial (albeit rather painful and bloody) wounds and inflicts tingling and acute numbness to the impacted areas.
NinpouShow
*[Ninjutsu • Hidden Needles]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will focus chakra into their mouths and into up to five senbon within 3 feet of their position. The senbon will be summoned from their persons or nearby into the user's mouth, where they will be spit out aided by chakra at a speed of 6 and strength of 4. The senbon can be shot up to 7 meters away.

*[Ninjutsu • Wall]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user causes a thin 3x3 meter flat barrier to form directly in front of them at a speed of 5. This barrier can take a hit of up to 5 strength before shattering, otherwise it lasts for 3 posts.
TaijutsuShow
Place Taijutsu in here
GenjutsuShow
*[Genjutsu • Pins and Needles]
D-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
After performing the hand seals and pricking the opponent with some sort of small weapon (usually senbon), the opponent feels their arms and legs fall asleep. It feels as if the blood flow to these appendages has basically stopped, making their movements a tad sluggish and just all around uncomfortable. This jutsu doesn’t really hinder a person, but it makes everything they do feel off. For those who are attuned to the way their body feels during battle, it can be extremely distracting. Lasts 3 posts.

History
Historical AccountsShow
I was born as most folk were: mother and father were ecstatic, though I only found out later - two years ago, actually - that it was tinged with sorrow, because my brother had just been declared Missing, and a team set to keep an eye out for sign of him.

Of course, as I said, I didn't find out for years. I grew up raised partially by my parents - both Academy trained themselves, my father an Arashiyama by birth - and partially by those that lived around us. While they were on missions, I learned many of the things the workers needed to know: how to tend crops, tend to livestock, even working with my hands. But when my parents - either of them - were around, I was taught many of the things future Academy students would need to know. How to focus on one's chakra, how to extend it to get external effects - no practical lessons there until I entered the academy - and the history of the Great Villages.

The last lessons were continued when I entered school with the rest of the children, into the primary schooling that was the tradition for Kumogakure no Sato. I admit now, I didn't really apply myself as fully to the basic lessons as I could have. I was more interested in the lessons I was still receiving at home. But I did fairly well with a minimum of effort, as most of the lessons had already been covered at home.

At nine, when the offer was made, I jumped at the chance to attend the Academy. It was no surprise, of course, being a member of Arashiyama Clan, and known as such. It was what I'd been waiting for since my parents told me, at three, that the offer would be made one day. And, of course, I was immediately slightly overwhelmed by the difference in the lessons. It took me the better part of three months to adapt to the sudden and direct 180 from the way I'd been learning to that point.

No surprise to the Academy teachers, I already had a remarkable control over my own Chakra, as well as an awareness of it that goes with such control. But while I had a remarkable advantage there, not so much in learning the more diverse methods of utilizing that Chakra. Genjutsu, to this day, remains something I don't have much of a knack for. In the Academy, it was all but impossible for me to manage even the hand seals, my fingers constantly tangling with each other as I practiced.

Ninjutsu and Taijutsu, though, I was pretty much with the rest of the class. What came as a bit of a shock - even to me - was that I had inherited my mother's propensity and understanding of Iijutsu, the Medical Arts. That landed extra work on my shoulders, work that I may have resented at first. I was already struggling with Genjutsu, and now had another style to work on added in on top of it.

But I dove into my work, and gradually became stronger and more adept. I finally at least managed a basic Genjutsu seal chain, so they paired me up with two other students for our exams. We almost didn't make it. One of my teammates got a pretty bad injury, but thanks to the Iijutsu I'd picked up, I managed to keep it sterile long enough to bandage it, and we all made it through.

A year later, Raijin attacked the village. My brother returned to help, but both he and my father were killed, my brother crushed by a bit of falling debris as he tried to evacuate one of the houses, and my father fighting alongside the Kage. My mother... everyone thought she'd shut down and just... close herself off. I didn't think she would, and she didn't. Though I hardly see her anymore, as she now devotes all her work tending to the injuries and illnesses of our village.

I've taken the last year helping out as well, working within the village to help with those selfsame injuries and illnesses. But I am a Genin, and it's high time I begin my journey to greater levels of strength.

Return to “Inactive Archives”