Archives

[Clan] Jinrai

Post by Archives » Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:46 pm

Jinrai

Type: House
Village: Kumogakure no Sato
Size: Medium (25 Families)

Physical Appearance
Jinrai are born with smooth, pale skin. Scars and similar wounds appear especially grizzly and gruesome in contrast. Their hands tend to be larger than average, with long slender fingers. Jinrai either have dark brown or black hair, and they tend to be tall and thin. Clan members are typically expected to be fashionable and maintain a high degree of personal upkeep, with perfectly maintained hair, nails, hygiene, etc. In a sense, they are expected to live their life as if they are always performing. They tend to wear high quality fabrics and silks with ornate embroideries and richly dyed colors. They tend wear muted colors and more practical clothing when on assignment, but are still expected to maintain a strong and practiced appearance. Basic shinobi dress, such as black clothes and a flak jacket, would be an odd choice of attire for a Jinrai.

Penchant for Performance
Members of the Jinrai clan are expected to practice at least one performance art, and are typically quite skilled at it. While usually expressed through musical talent, it's not uncommon for the Jinrai to pursue other performance arts such as dance, storytelling, or acting. While it is very common for the Jinrai to become shinobi, they are defined by their art. It is required by their culture that they be performers. Any Jinrai who refuse to practice a performance craft would be excommunicated from the clan and not taught the hidden techniques of the Jinrai.

Zankyō
The Jinrai's Zankyō is seen as their most valuable possession or trait: the thing that facilitates their performance. Meaning "reverberation", the term Zankyō comes from the early days of Jinrai history when the clan was but a small group of traveling singers. It referred a particular quality of singer's voice that allowed them to stand out among the choir, such as a strong vibrato or large vocal range. As time passed and the Jinrai's artistic talents became more diverse, the term Zankyō became more generalized. A Jinrai's Zankyō could be their voice or a musical instrument, while a ribbon dancer may consider their ribbons as Zankyō. The Zankyō is intensely personal and is seen as a sort of core of the person's existence, even when the Zankyō is an external object. The destruction or loss of a Zankyō would cause great emotional distress. A Jinrai's Zankyō should have a very significant presence in a character's personality and history.
HistoryShow
Before the age of hidden villages and shinobi houses, the Jinrai were a troupe of skilled singers who were typically unrelated. They would travel to various villages within Lightning Country to perform, often making barely enough to keep themselves alive. In a world where farming, trade, and craftsmanship were the leading economic forces, the Jinrai were seen as little more than lazy bohemians. In some parts of the country they were even regarded as thieves and opportunists and would not have been allowed into some of the more xenophobic villages. The history of the Jinrai is one mostly steeped by economic hardship. In some of their harder years, it was not uncommon for many of the Jinrai to succumb to hunger or the elements as they made their way from village to village.

A key turning point in the history of the Jinrai was the birth of a boy named Kenkō, whose singing talent was unparalleled even among the Jinrai. It was said that the tone of his voice could fill a space physically as well as audibly, and those who witnessed his performances would often describe a tingling sensation on their skin and a release of tension in their muscles as he sang. As a result, Kenkō became the de facto leader of the Jinrai and under him they began to prosper in ways that they had never before. They were able to bring in more money, which allowed them to keep better health and appearances. Kenkō also opened the troupe to other methods of performance, such as play actors and dancers. No longer were the Jinrai looked down on and ran out of town, but were often actively sought out by some of the more prestigious villages for ceremonies and private performances. Kenkō had, within a few short years, transformed the Jinrai from a roaming choir into a reputable performance troupe with his talents and leadership.

After several years of prosperous performance with Kenkō at the helm, the Jinrai were invited to perform in fairly new, incredibly remote village located in the mountains of Lightning Country: Kumogakure no Sato. It was said that this village was founded by former slaves from Rock Country, and was barely older than Kenkō himself. Despite the fact that the invitation clearly stated that they could not afford to pay the Jinrai for their performances, Kenkō accepted. Having grown up during some of the roughest years of the Jinrai, he couldn't help but feel a sort of distant kinship with these mountain men. He knew the struggles of building something from nothing and a little hard work. One night, after the performance, Kenkō was approached by one of the leaders of Kumo and explained that he believed the strange qualities of his voice were a rudimentary form of chakra manipulation.

The man invited the Jinrai to stay in Kumogakure to Sato, and offered to train Kenkō and the others in the ways of Ninjutsu. They agreed that this relationship could be mutually beneficial: the Jinrai would have a stable home and the opportunity to further their skills, and the presence of the Jinrai would breathe some cultural and economic life into the young village. Many of the Jinrai were opposed to this, of course, and set off on their own as they refused to give up their nomadic way of life.

With a stable home, the Jinrai were able to grow and hone their skills to an even further degree: less roaming meant more time to practice and train. Many of them, including Kenkō, took on Ninjutsu lessons with some of the other members of the Kumo. After some time, Kenkō was able to gain enough awareness over his singing skills that he was able to pass teach others to do the same. These chakra vibrations became a hallmark of the group, and the few who were able to master this art became leaders of their own, smaller troupes. The Jinrai were constantly rotating in and out of Kumo, traveling to all corners of Lightning Country to perform. This brought a large amount of wealth into Kumo, which helped to jumpstart its young economy.

At the age of 90, Kenkō had seen both the Jinrai and Kumogakure grow up around him. He had taken them from a group of poor, nomadic singers and transformed them into a cultural powerhouse renowned across the country. Some of his grandchildren had even become shinobi, using their art to protect their home. While on his deathbed, Kenkō was visited by the leader of the village, the Raikage. He offered to make the Jinrai one of the few officially recognized Houses of Kumogakure no Sato, and proposed Kenkō as the house's surname. Kenkō accepted the offer, but with a caveat: the surname was to be Jinrai, rather than Kenkō. While he acknowledged that their current status was due in large part to his skill and hard work, that none of if it would have been possible if not for the many members of the Jinrai troupe that came before him. He wanted to be remembered as part of the whole. And so he died not as Kenkō of the Jinrai, but as Jinrai, Kenkō.
Shinobi Information Requirements:
  • At least 5 higher than average control at all times.
  • At least 5 higher than average chakra pool at all times.
  • The Jinrai's Zankyō must be detailed as part of their history and personality.
  • The Jinrai's performance art must be detailed as part their history and personality.
Shindōton [Vibration Release]
Shindōton is a Ninpou concentration that allows the user to create intense vibrations in pure chakra. While the Shindōton chakra has no distinctive form or color, it is clearly visible as it causes intense visual distortions in the air around it. While often coupled with sound due to the Jinrai's culture, sound is not necessary for the use of Shindōton. Shindōton has a passive disrupting effect, as those hit with these jutsu are not accustomed to having their chakra vibrated and find it more difficult to control.
  • 1-14 Control Requirement: -1 Control for the remainder of the thread.
  • 15-24 Control Requirement: -2 Control for the remainder of the thread.
  • 25-34 Control Requirement: -3 Control for the remainder of the thread.
  • 35+ Control Requirement: -5 Control for the remainder of the thread.
Shindōton CodeShow
[color=#de2c9b]Shindōton[/color] [Vibration Release][/big]
Shindōton is a Ninpou concentration that allows the user to create intense vibrations in pure chakra. While the Shindōton chakra has no distinctive form or color, it is clearly visible as it causes intense visual distortions in the air around it. While often coupled with sound due to the Jinrai's culture, sound is [b]not[/b] necessary for the use of Shindōton. Shindōton has a passive [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] effect, as those hit with these jutsu are not accustomed to having their chakra vibrated and find it more difficult to control.
[list][*]1-14 Control Requirement: -1 Control for the remainder of the thread.
[*]15-24 Control Requirement: -2 Control for the remainder of the thread.
[*]25-34 Control Requirement: -3 Control for the remainder of the thread.
[*]35+ Control Requirement: -5 Control for the remainder of the thread.[/list]
Clan JutsuShow
D-rank:
~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Quaver[/color][/b]]
D-rank Ninjutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user will send out a blast of Shindōton 2 meters in diameter, with [Control] speed and strength and a range of 10 meters. If struck, this skill will cause the target's eardrums to vibrate which in turn causes a sharp pain in the ears and head lasting 3 posts. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].

~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Tremor[/color][/b]]
D-rank Ninjutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user can coat their hands in Shindōton in order to combine its effects with physical strikes. In order to impart Shindōton effects, physical contact must be made. Duration is [Control]/4 posts. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].

~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Impede[/color][/b]]
D-rank Ninjutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user can create a stationary field of Shindōton within 2 meters of themselves, the size of the field being 8 meters in diameter. This can be used defensively or to lay a trap. Duration is [Control]/4 posts. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].

~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Pulse[/color][/b]]
D-rank Ninjutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user will extend a pulse of Shindōton from their body in a 5 meter radius at [Control] speed and strength. This is typically used to attack those attempting to fight the user at close quarters. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].

~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Delayed Pulse[/color][/b]]
D-rank Ninjutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user will impart dormant Shindōton chakra into an object that they have physical contact with. This chakra can be released with a single handseal as long as long as the object remains within 10 meters of the user, causing a pulse of Shindōton to extend from the object 2 meters in all directions with [Control] strength and speed. If not triggered within [Control]/4 posts, the Shindōton will dissipate and the chakra will be wasted. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].
C-rank:
~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Intense Quaver[/color][/b]]
C-rank Ninjutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user will send out a blast of Shindōton 5 meters in diameter with [Control] speed and strength and a range of 25 meters. If struck, this skill will cause the target's eardrums to vibrate intensely which in turn causes a sharp pain in the ears and head, as well as 50% loss in hearing lasting 3 posts. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].

~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Dynamic Impede[/color][/b]]
C-rank Nintaijutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user can create a dynamic field of Shindōton within 5 meters of themselves, the size of the field being 20 meters in diameter. The field locks to the user, following them as they move but staying in the same relative position. Duration is [Control]/4 posts. Inflicts disrupting based on [Control].

~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Repeating Pulse[/color][/b]]
C-rank Nintaijutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user will extend a pulse of Shindōton from their body in 12 meter radius around themselves at [Control] speed and strength. The pulses will reoccur at the start of the next two posts. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].
B-rank:
~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Disarming Quaver[/color][/b]]
B-rank Nintaijutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user will send out a blast of Shindōton 5 meters in diameter with [Control] speed and strength and a range of 40 meters. If If struck, this skill can cause the target to drop whatever is in their hands if their strength is less than [Control]. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].

~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Full Impede[/color][/b]]
B-rank Nintaijutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user can create a dynamic field of Shindōton that surrounds them in a 20 meter radius. The field locks to the user, following them as they move. Duration is [Control]/4 posts. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].
A-rank:
~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Concussive Pulse[/color][/b]]
A-rank Ninjutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user will extend a pulse of Shindōton from their body in a 30 meter radius. This pulse can cause severe pain in the head and ears, as well as an 80% loss of hearing lasting 3 posts. Additionally, this skill can cause the target to drop whatever is in their hands if the target's strength is less than [Control]. Inflicts [i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].
S-rank:
~[[b][color=#de2c9b]Requiem[/color][/b]]
S-rank Ninjutsu
After performing the required handseals, the user will thrust their hands to either side of their person and extend a massive pulse of Shindōton with a range of 80 meters. This pulse can cause debilitating pain in the head and ear as well as an 100% loss of hearing lasting 3 posts. Additionally, this can cause the target to stumble and drop any held items if the target's strength is less than [Control]. Inflicts [[i][color=#de2c9b]disrupting[/color][/i] based on [Control].

Return to “Kumogakure Archives”