Archives

[Family] Kyoukan

Post by Archives » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:30 pm

Kyoukan Family

General Information Type: Family
Village: Kumogakure no Sato
Size: Small
Traits:
  • Kyoukan members tend to have pale skin and an unusual hair colors varying from shades of red-brown to matte pink.
  • Kyoukan tend to have "larger-than-life" statures: members are generally taller than average and can bulk easily.
  • Kyoukan members commonly have verbal tics that they end sentences with.
  • The Kyoukan are a very altruistic family in nature and generally go out of their way to help those less fortunate than them.
  • The Kyoukan tend to be rather spiritual, their roots coming from Shrine Priests that historically lived in the Kumogakure provinces temples.
Traditions:
A History of Medicine
While the hidden technique of the Kyoukan need not necessarily be used for medical applications the Kyoukan find Iijutsu to be extremely complementary to it. For this reason the family's culture has always had a strong emphasis on medicine and caregiving with many Kyoukan becoming first-rate medics and doctors. This is evident in the Kyoukan to a point where while those who do not follow a path of medicine are accepted, they are seen as rather boisterous, abnormal personalities within the family- such as the 8th Raikage, Akino.

Keepers of the Shrines
With roots as Shrine Priests, the Kyoukan tends to carry a lot of symbolism of the shinto religion, particularly seen in their clothing and weapon choice: clothing strikingly similar to shrine priests and staves. Family members also often visit shrines for various reasons like child birth or praying for good luck on examinations.

At least once a year all Kyoukan members make a pilgrimage to the ruins of their once great northern shrine. No longer occupied by barbarians, it serves as a tranquil retreat for the Kyoukan to rest their spirits. Generally, people make their pilgrimage during the start of the new year, or on solstices. These are symbolic times for the human spirit.

Influence: Pacifistic in nature, the Kyoukan in general do not participate in the politics of the village, though despite their lack of participation and their small size, they maintain a high level of influence in to the village due to their history of producing strong medics who have turned the tides of battle.

The Kyoukan have in the history of Kumogakure produced one Raikage, the fallen 8th Raikage Kyoukan Akino.
History The history of the Kyoukan family is fairly short within Kumogakure but their roots can be traced back to even before the establishment of the five Shinobi Villages. Throughout what is now Lightning Country and some of Tree Country Kyoukan shrine priests built grand shrines to their shinto deities while also performing altruistic tasks such as taking in weary travellers. In doing so they often spread their believes and adopted new priests into their orders.

Around the advent of Ninjutsu, many of the priests utilized traditional medicine to treat their communities and also peddled talismans, called Omamori, with Kanji characters and symbols written on them as a way to ward off "evil spirits" and bad omens. These talismans were more or less primitive forms of Fuuinjutsu.

After generations of being under these practices and beliefs, the Shinto priests began to notice an odd series of occurrences within their ranks. The people often assigned to heal others began to have wounds of their own on their bodies while the person they had been tending to was suddenly without any of the previous injuries they had arrived with. Many of the priests were afraid of this and began to fear that evil spirits were about but unbeknownst to them, they had developed secret techniques that allowed their tenketsu to bind with others, inadvertedly absorbing their damage.

During these awful tribulations, a member of the recently risen Kumogakure was traveling nearby and came to these priests in their time of need. This member of the shinobi forces of Kumogakure began to explain to these priests that what was happening was not the fault of cruel forces at work. This shinobi began to enlighten them on what chakra was and how it flowed through them and it had changed over recently. The Shinto priests, stalwart in their beliefs, were skpetics for a time but began to understand what this shinobi meant and began to embrace it.

Not long after this though... a greater tragedy befell the Shinto temples. Barbarians from the northern edge of Lightning Country were rowing along the coast and their eyes immediately locked onto the lavish and beautifully built temples. With thoughts of riches within their minds, they plundered these temples, killed many of the worshippers and brought prisoners with them. They would continue on this brutal warpath, attempting to loot each and every temple. In their hour of need, the shrine priests went to the only place they knew that had assisted them before.

With the aid of Kumogakure they were able to push back invaders and protect the temples. In exchange, Kumogakure requested the Kyoukan send an envoy to become part of the village. Over time, this envoy would grow much larger, spreading their religion in the village and bringing fresh blood into the family as they grew to become one of the staple families of Kumogakure.
Shinobi Information Definitions:
Tenketsu Tethering:
Kyoukan family members possess a hidden technique that utilizes special ninpou to "link up" other's tenketsu to their own via ninpou. Commonly referred to as a "tether", the Kyoukan can perform unique jutsu through the tether that allows them to do things such as absorb damage meant for comrades or even passively transfer damage from themselves to their enemies.

Those linked to a Kyoukan will find themselves covered in a strange veil of a reddish-pink hue smoke-like chakra that is perfectly see-through. This layer is known as the "spirit shroud" and can be further manipulated by the Kyoukan for a variety of effects.
Requirements:
  • Above average [Chakra Pool] and [Control].
Concentration:
[color=#d67082][b]Hidden Technique: Tenketsu Tethering[/b][/color]
Over 7 generations ago, the Kyoukan family gave birth to a unique hidden technique that allowed them to link their tenketsu to the tenketsu of multiple parties around them through ninpou. This allows the Kyoukan family member to transfer, share, or absorb the physical statuses of those they are linked to. Links can even be used as a delivery method for other jutsu such as Iijutsu or powerful Raiton shocks.

Willing targets can break the bond at any time they so will it while non-willing targets must have higher control than the opponent to resists or break a bond.
Clan Jutsu
Tenketsu Tethering: Link Up JutsuShow
~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Link Up I[/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan clan member will make physical contact with their target by touching them. When they lift their hand a pink whisp of chakra will be extend out from the target to themselves. This tether can stretch up to [Control] x 2 meters and lasts for [Control]/5 posts. When stretched further than this range, the tether remains but will be unusable as a medium for tether techniques.

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Link Up II[/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will make fire off a pink whisp of chakra from themselves at a target at a speed of [Control] and up to [Control] meters away. If contact is made, a tether will form. This tether can stretch up to [Control] x 2 meters and lasts for [Control]/5 posts. When stretched further than this range, the tether remains but will be unusable as a medium for tether techniques.

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Link Up III[/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninpou[/i]
Sacrificing maximum range and duration for the ability to quickly connect too many targets quickly, after a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will release a pulse of pink chakra in a 35 meter radius around them. Any living thing the chakra touches will have a tether formed between itself and the Kyoukan member. The formed tether can stretch up to [Control] meters and lasts for [Control]/10 posts. When stretched further than this range, the tether remains but will be unusable as a medium for tether techniques.
Utility TechniquesShow
~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Status Check[/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninpou[/i]
[i]Requires:[/i] [color=#40FFBF][Iijutsu][/color]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will check the vitals of all those they are connected to at that precise moment. While not exactly precise, this will give them a relative feel on a 5 point scale of the core vitals (temperature, oxygen rate, blood amount, and heart rate) of their connected targets.

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] State of Mind[/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will check the mental state of all those they are connected to at that precise moment. This will give them information on if the connected target is currently undergoing any form of mental trauma ([i]for example: high levels of fear/anxiety, or extreme stress[/i]) and how relatively strong that mental trauma is. This does not include if the target is being influenced by [i]genjutsu.[/i]

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Minor Heal[/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will channel chakra into a specific tether delivering a pulse of healing chakra. This chakra will heal superficial damage and clot blood almost instantly however deeper but small wounds, cuts, bruises, will take up to a post to regenerate.

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Greater Heal[/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will channel a generous amount of chakra into a specific tether delivering a pulse of healing chakra. This chakra is capable of healing small wounds or less instantly. Larger wounds like open gashes will gain a faster regenerative property allowing them clot and prevent further damage instantly and to heal completely within 2 posts.

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Snapshot[/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member closes their eyes and checks the current view of all those they are connected to at that precise moment. This will give them just a quick, single snapshot of what their linked targets see at the point of activating the jutsu. For the Kyoukan member this plays the image in their head, each for a second or two. Opening their eyes before each snapshot plays cancels the feedback.[/i]

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Communication[/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will activate the ability to pass communication along their link in the form of audio. This allows them to talk to and listen to their linked companions for up to 5 posts.

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Visual Link[/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will close one of their eyes then hone in on one of their links specifically, connecting their sense of vision to their link. This allows the Kyoukan family member to see through that persons eyes for up to 5 posts. Opening their eye at anytime during the duration of the technique will cancel the technique.

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Protect[/color]
[i]A-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will channel into one of their links specifically. This will cause a pink barrier of hard chakra just a few inches larger than the target to form around them at a speed of [Control]. The barrier has a strength of [Control] and if not destroyed or cancelled by the caster lasts up to 5 posts.

~[color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Surveillance[/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will close both of their eyes, then connect themselves to the vision of all current links they possess. A mentally taxing technique, the clan member must possess a sharp mind capable of weaving together the different sets of vision, but those capable can unlock an outstanding field of vision and view of the battlefield around them. Kyoukan family members may keep this technique running for up to [Willpower]/10 posts. Opening their eyes at anytime during the duration of the technique will cancel the technique.

~[color=#d67082]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Sacrificial Shield[/color]
[i]A-Rank Ninpou[/i]
After a set of hand seals, the Kyoukan family member will place all five fingers delicately on their heart and with the other hand touch all the tethers they wish to target. Those targeted will find themselves covered in a strange veil of pink smoke-like chakra that is perfectly see-through. This layer is known as the "spirit shell" and with the full-fledged tether complete, this will make those effected temporarily invulnerable at a dark cost... Weapons, or any thing that would damage those guarded by the spirit shell seem to "phases" through them. However, the damage will appear in relativity on the Kyoukan clan member's body. This means that stabbing a linked person in the chest will do nothing to them, but their Kyoukan clan member will suddenly gain a stab wound in their chest as if they were stabbed by the blade itself. This effect can last up to [Control]/5 posts.

~[b][color=black]Kinjutsu[/color][/b] [s][color=#d67082][b]Tenketsu Tethering:[/b] Tethered Fate[/color][/s]
[i]S-Rank Ninpou[/i]
A technique forbidden by the elders to prevent young Kyoukan family members from recklessly killing or endangering themselves, after a set of hand seals the Kyoukan will touch up to [Control]/10 tethers, making the touched tethers targets. Targets and the Kyoukan will be shrouded in a veil of red smoke-like chakra that is perfectly see-through. This layer is known as the "corrupted spirit shell" and has the a partially reverse function of the normal spirit shell. Weapons, or any thing that would damage the shell seemingly "phases" through them. Wherever they were damaged however, the damage will appear in relativity on both the Kyoukan clan member and the linked opponents bodies. This means that stabbing the Kyoukan clan member or the linked opponent will cause all the parties to gain the exact wound as if they were suddenly stabbed by the blade itself. This effect can last up to [Control]/5 posts.

Return to “Kumogakure Archives”