Ability, stats, and jutsu

For Akujin, good sized upgrade

Zao

Post by Zao » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:36 am

Application: Akujin
Change:

1.) Adding 14 Ryo from Aiya v Akujin genin fight (7 post x2 = 14 Ryo for lose)

2) Adding two Ink techniques

3,) Adding 4 (1->5) stats to will power

4.) Wanting update his Ink Passive to the one below (If I can do that)

5.) Wishing to add a second ability (see below)

Payment: 24 Ryo - 14 Ryo from fight and 10 Ryo from app for 4 stats and 2 D-rank ninjutsu.

Updated Ryo Total for App: 39/162

Ink NintaiShow

[Living Canvas]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Requirement: Ink technique
The user's has bypassed the need for a brush and canvas for their ink techniques, forming hand seals the user is able to summon ink stored on their person, or manifested through their chakra, directly onto their body or weapons they are holding. Allowing the user's chakra to 'draw' the creation(s) onto their body or weapon through their chakra, where it can move about their body/weapon under the user's control for the same number of posts as the normal technique's post count would have been until willed into action by the creator.

[Ink Splash]
D-Rank NinTai
Requirement: Living Canvas
The user will use the [Living Canvas] technique to manifest ink onto their body or weapon(s), then when the user launches at attack with the ink coated limb/weapon, launching the ink forward at the user's [Speed] and a strength equal to the [Control] of the ink technique used. Upon contact with the target or any surface the ink will manifest into the ink technique used, creating a delayed secondary attack.

Code: Select all

[Living Canvas]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Requirement: Ink technique
The user's has bypassed the need for a brush and canvas for their ink techniques, forming hand seals the user is able to summon ink stored on their person, or manifested through their chakra, directly onto their body or weapons they are holding. Allowing the user's chakra to 'draw' the creation(s) onto their body or weapon through their chakra, where it can move about their body/weapon under the user's control for the same number of posts as the normal technique's post count would have been until willed into action by the creator.

[Ink Splash]
D-Rank NinTai
Requirement: Living Canvas
The user will use the [Living Canvas] technique to manifest ink onto their body or weapon(s), then when the user launches at attack with the ink coated limb/weapon, launching the ink forward at the user's [Speed] and a strength equal to the [Control] of the ink technique used. Upon contact with the target or any surface the ink will manifest into the ink technique used, creating a delayed secondary attack.

Ink Passive - Please Replace the quote in the Ink spoiler with the one below.

Plastic Ink:
Plastic Ink

The ink Akujin is personally able to create has been altered through medical experiments during his time in root by his mimic chakra. Allowing for him to manifest a very unique type of ink in that itself doesn't have a passive like other elemental Ninjutsu, instead it has a innate moldable nature to mimic the passives of other elements that its user knows. Allowing for the that specific ink technique being used to take on a new elemental passive through the use of elemental infusion techniques. This is however done at an increased cost, costing 1.25x their normal cost.

[quote=Plastic Ink]
[b][u]Plastic Ink[/u][/b]

The ink Akujin is personally able to create has been altered through medical experiments during his time in root by his mimic chakra. Allowing for him to manifest a very unique type of ink in that itself doesn't have a passive like other elemental Ninjutsu, instead it has a innate moldable nature to mimic the passives of other elements that its user knows. Allowing for the that specific ink technique being used to take on a new elemental passive through the use of elemental infusion techniques. This is however done at an increased cost, costing 1.25x their normal cost. 

[/quote]

Example of infusion technique for Ink
Quote:
Raiton Mimic
E-Rank Ninjutsu
The member of the Sozo family is able to infuse their next ink technique with Raiton chakra, allowing for their ink technique to take on the Raiton Passive for its duration. Ink techniques infused with Raiton often have strips of yellow intermixed with the dark ink and can release sparks of lightning across their ink structure giving the technique the shocking passive of Raiton based on the strength of the technique.

Ability #2
Mimic:
[Body Mod/Doujutsu]

Through medical experimental on Akujin's body and his clan's uniquel ink via the resources provided to him as a member of the Root organization, the shinobi has had his chakra mutate developing an innate plastic nature, making [Akujin] an incredibly adept and quick learner of new styles of ninjutsu. As a byproduct of this [Akujin] is now also able to store other types of chakra within his body, and use them as a means to replicate those types of chakra. As such, if [Akujin] is able to come in contact with someone with a specific concentration, it is possible for him to take in their chakra, and consequently, learn that concentration. This happens through a combination of two means. The first is the manifestation of the [Mimic Eye] in the boy's right eye that allows for him to understand how the chakra is shaped from seeing it being used before him and the second is by being able to attach a portion of his own chakra to the chakra type in question which allows for the ninja to absorb a small portion of it into himself allowing for him to fundamentally understand the chakra nature. The doujutsu is able to be activated for [Control/5] posts and during that time it's wielder is able to extend that plastic nature chakra from a part of that body up to [Control] meters at [Control] speed and strength, allowing for it to interact with and absorb a small portion of any chakra nature it comes into contact with that is then stored within the user's body. Meeting both of these conditions allows for the shinobi to learn that concentration.

Limitations:
  • This does not allow the user to bypass the limit of 18 concentrations.
  • The user is unable to learn elemental concentrations that also require the user of an ability slot to use.
  • If the concentration obtained is an extension of another concentration the user must take that concentration also.
Doujutsu ImageShow

[quote=Mimic]
[Body Mod/Doujutsu]

Through medical experimental on Akujin's body and his clan's uniquel ink via the resources provided to him as a member of the Root organization, the shinobi has had his chakra mutate developing an innate plastic nature, making [Akujin] an incredibly adept and quick learner of new styles of ninjutsu. As a byproduct of this [Akujin] is now also able to store other types of chakra within his body, and use them as a means to replicate those types of chakra. As such, if [Akujin] is able to come in contact with someone with a specific concentration, it is possible for him to take in their chakra, and consequently, learn that concentration. This happens through a combination of two means. The first is the manifestation of the [Mimic Eye] in the boy's right eye that allows for him to understand how the chakra is shaped from seeing it being used before him and the second is by being able to attach a portion of his own chakra to the chakra type in question which allows for the ninja to absorb a small portion of it into himself allowing for him to fundamentally understand the chakra nature. The doujutsu is able to be activated for [Control/5] posts and during that time it's wielder is able to extend that plastic nature chakra from a part of that body up to [Control] meters at [Control] speed and strength, allowing for it to interact with and absorb a small portion of any chakra nature it comes into contact with that is then stored within the user's body. Meeting both of these conditions allows for the shinobi to learn that concentration. 

Limitations:
[list]
[*]This does not allow the user to bypass the limit of 18 concentrations.
[*]The user is unable to learn elemental concentrations that also require the user of an ability slot to use.
[*]If the concentration obtained is an extension of another concentration the user must take that concentration also.
[/list]

[spoiler=Doujutsu Image]

[img]https://i.ibb.co/GFW7c1b/download-2.jpg[/img]

[/spoiler]
[/quote]
Last edited by Zao on Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

TheLacarix

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:13 am

I think the ink passive is far too powerful for a simple concentration and seems to give you an unlimited number of elemental concentrations. (Though I assume it’s connected to the ability) but the way it’s written now, it seems as though you can just replicate any form of ninjutsu passive without limitation.

I think if I’m honest this ability is a little out of my depth, but I think this needs some limitations being able to absorb any and all elemental passives seems too much. Does this also work on supers and extensions or just the basis?
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Post by Zao » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:58 pm

Right now it does connect to the ability, but I could write it directly into the ability itself if that will help.

As for limitations, my thoughts were that it can allow the user to learn elemental passives that don't require an ability slots. One's any normal person could learn if they had access to the 'scroll' with the elemental chakra in them. Though if I need to put some other type of limitation on it such as he's only able to store a certain number of different passives (ones not from his home village), be a specific number or based on his stats, or something else that you think will help balance it then let me know.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Post by Das Kirb » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:27 pm

Alright, easy part first. You should probably add something to your jutsu concerning channeling or seals.

Now for the hard part. I'm personally alright with the mimic conc since it says it can just take the passive of any element YOU have. The ability is where I'm hesitant. As it stands, even though it's a limited time frame, I feel it needs to still apply to the conc limit. I would personally have the ability specifically lock off a number of concs in addition to what you're already doing and specifically use those conc slots to apply to the ability. If you lock off 3, you could get Katon, Fuuton, and Suiton but would need to apply it to a different person AND drop one of those to do anything else. That said, I would probably also give it either a cooldown, a thread long duration, or some other method of avoiding the potential to basically just swap concs on the fly. Normally I'd not be leery here but in combination with your ink passive I have to be.

Zao

Post by Zao » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:02 pm

First part - Fixed

For the Ink. I've re-written the ink and ability to be one in the same. The ability allowing for the ninja to develop and use the plastic ink. I built some limitations for it if you guys want to look at them and weight in to see if these helps to balance it a bit more. It always applied to the concentration limit, I figured that was implied, but I've also made a note of it in the ability limitations itself so there isn't any confusion that it could give him the ability to acquire more concentrations than someone else. Even with the ability when he learns a concentration it will still get listed in his ninjutsu concentration slot and count against his total number of concentrations. .
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:47 pm

Alright, I'm sure you can read the chat but Validus has cleared this as mostly alright and I lead you astray. You'd not be able to swap the concs out at all. Sorry man. Otherwise, looks fine.

Zao

Post by Zao » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:08 pm

I appreciate you taking the time to look at it man.

Edited now. Everything should be fixed now, I think.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:15 am

Alrighty then. 1/2

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:05 am

I'm not entirely sold on Plastics effect. There is a pretty big advantage in being able to swap your passive effectly freely like this. Especially if its just going to be an E-rank jutsu to imbue it. Can you either figure out some way to counter-balance that advantage, or convince me as to why this should be okay? lol
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Zao

Post by Zao » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:44 pm

The technique was just an example and can obviously be shifted to what sounds reasonable. Regular infusions for basic elements could start at D-rank while extensions being C-rank or maybe B-rank.

I'm open to suggestions. Being able to change passives is strong but not really that different from someone else who just switches between different elemental techniques. Still needs a jutsu and the chakra cost for either option is the same.

Are you looking for some form of cooldown between being able to switch to a different passives or what really?
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:25 pm

Well its less a tactical advantage and more a resource one, if all your jutsu can freely switch about, you can carry less jutsu. Now need for fireball, wind bullet, raiton bullet when you can just make a [Bullet] jutsu and embed whichever one you want in it. Which means more points to spend on stuff, etc. Having them be higher ranked would be nice, and a cool down would work too.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Zao

Post by Zao » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:16 pm

Makes sense. Perhaps it could be more taxing to do as well? Say 1.25x-1.5x the normal chakra to use

Does the C-rank for the base five elements and B-rank for extensions sound reasonable for infusion technqiues or would you prefer higher?

Post countdown: 1 or 2 posts?
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Gilak

Post by Gilak » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:50 am

This Plastic Passive honestly looks on paper to be similar to Force Fuuinjutsu. If need be we can update the passive to be similar since the passive stores chakra from a foreign jutsu.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
IwagakureFukusha, FudoGenin#FFED38
IwagakureUehara, OhtaGenin#FFCC1E
JinjekuEnkouten, MaketaD - Rank#D62100

Zao

Post by Zao » Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:42 am

I know it's in the middle of attempt a bit of a redesign for fuuin. Though did you mean charge fuuin?
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Gilak

Post by Gilak » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:43 pm

Correction, Charge Fuuin was what I was thinking of. I will let Onu make the final call on the jutsu itself, though I will be here to stamp a 1/2 on it when he sees it fit
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
IwagakureFukusha, FudoGenin#FFED38
IwagakureUehara, OhtaGenin#FFCC1E
JinjekuEnkouten, MaketaD - Rank#D62100

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:46 pm

I think it's fine, personally. With how control determines cost now, upping rank doesn't matter TOO much, but does change enough. Maybe doing the 1.25x cost is smart, but you don't need to do both, just one or the other, imo.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Zao

Post by Zao » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:25 am

Can agree with the thoughts on up ranking, just tossing out ideas at this point, I'd be fine with the 1.25x cost personally
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Post by Nick » Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:07 pm

Yeah bud, just pick one or the other. 1.25x makes the most sense to me in exchange for the versatility.

After that consider it 1/2.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Zao

Post by Zao » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:42 pm

1.25x Chakra cost it is.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:52 am

Accepted