[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Rain21199 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Application: viewtopic.php?&t=5953983/1/

Payment: Pre-approve this please!

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

" A 7 for Zangy for example, is different from a 7 from Envy who is not quite a nuanced writer as Zangy is (sorry Envy), which is different from a 7 for Rain, who has English as his second language." - Onu 2016

Rain21199

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Rain21199 » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:55 pm

Ability Slot 1Show
When the Barankami assimilated itself into Zakuro, it change the makeup of his body completely. Instead of creating chakra, his body now creates a physical energy that can be used to increase Zakuro's physical capabilities beyond those previously thought possible. However, this did not come without side effects.
Due to this happening, Zakuro has lost all ability to manipulate chakra making him unable to perform even the basic jutsu that all shinobi learn. As well as that, it split his personality into two halves, his Yin and Yang. While the ability is completely inactive, Zakuro will exhibit no signs of abnormal behavior, but while the ability is active,
he will jump between a calm and collected person to an absolute berserker intent on destroying everything that stands in his way.
Ability Slot 2Show
Balance of The Light and Dark
Chi:Yin:Yang:
10The Tiger's Hide:

The user gains the ability to harden their skin. This results in their skin becoming extremely durable and able to take attacks that are less than the average of their strength and stamina. Their skin can be hardened at a speed equal to the user's Chi stat and gives the user dark grey, almost black skin with lighter stripes on their ribs akin to those of a tiger. This can be active for 1/5th the user's stamina. Making this armor costs the equivalent of an A-Rank jutsu.
The Dragon's Hunt:

The user has become like the ultimate hunter, the Dragon. By using their chi to amplify their senses, their senses are put over those of any normal human being. While enhancing their senses, the user's pupils will turn into slits. Through the use of various taijutsu they will be able to enhance their hearing, sight, sense of smell, sense of touch, and even their ability to taste. This also grants the user the perception concentration.
25The Tiger's Roar:

The user can manifest their Chi to heal various wounds. When wounds heal they will be shrouded in a black fire while they are being repaired. This regen follows Advanced Regen rules, but the regeneration is not always active. While it is active, The Tiger's Hide must be deactivated and the user takes a -5 to stamina.
The Dragon's Wings:

The user's back sprouts two wings made of a white fire-like energy. The user can utilize these wings in any way they wish, but their main function is flying. During flight, they follow all of flight's rules, and they move at the speed of the user's Speed. These wings have the physical endurance of the user's strength and requires a hit stronger or equal to it to cut them off.
35The Tiger's Fury:

The user conjures a fiery black suit of armor around themself. The armor has six arms in total, mirroring the god Asura. The likeness of the armor is that of a tiger, with claws on each hand. Each arm is controlled by the user and has the strength and speed of the user. This armor has the endurance of the user's [Chi + Strength / 2], and it is also formed at the speed of the user's Chi. When damaged, the suit slowly repairs itself. It is able to repair the user's [Chi / 3] in2 per post. The suit of armor can last a number of posts equal to half of the user's stamina, and costs an A-Rank worth of stamina to create.
The Dragon's Claws:

The user is able to use their chi to conjure a weapon that appears to be made of pure white fire. This ability is controlled via jutsu, all costing the equivalent of C-Rank jutsu. The weapon will have the physical endurance of the user's strength, and will be conjured at the same speed as the user's.

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

" A 7 for Zangy for example, is different from a 7 from Envy who is not quite a nuanced writer as Zangy is (sorry Envy), which is different from a 7 for Rain, who has English as his second language." - Onu 2016

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Niro » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:36 pm

Interesting, I like the concept. I take it this is to be a 9th stat?

I'd like the unlocks to be done one at a time. So the first one you'd get at 10, then 15, etc. E.g Tiger's Hide @ 10 Chi and The Dragon's Hunt @ 15, Everlasting Tiger @ 20 and The Winged Dragon @ 25, and Tiger's Fury @ 30 and The Dragon's Talon @ 35.

The Everlasting Tiger:

The user can manifest their Chi to create a wall of black energy. They can form this wall within 50m of themselves, and it forms at a speed equal to their own, with a strength equal to their own. The user can make as many walls as they want, however they must wait three posts in between making a barrier. <-Feel like this should rely on the 'Chi' stat rather than speed or strength as it is being produced by it.

The Tiger's Fury:

The user conjures a fiery black suit of armor around themself. The armor has six arms in total, mirroring the god Asura. Each arm is controlled by the user and has the strength and speed of the user. This armor has the endurance of the average of the user's Strength, Stamina, and Taijutsu, and it is also formed at the speed of the user's speed. When damaged, the suit slowly repairs itself. It is able to repair one fifth of the user's tai inches squared each post. The suit of armor can last a number of posts equal to half of the user's stamina. <-Why is taijutsu within the formula? Suggest replacing it with 'Chi' as well and having it's formation speed reliant on 'Chi.' "It is able to repair one fifth of the user's tai inches squared each post." Suggest changing taijutsu for 'Chi' as well here and having it read as "It is able to repair itself up to one fifth of the user's Chi in squared inches per post."

#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Rain21199

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Rain21199 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:08 am

I'll budge on the regeneration speed of the armor but it needs to be able to take a 50 strength hit. I made it rely on those three stats for extra balance so it would be harder to get the resistance up to 50. As for the wall, I'll made the edits on that

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Taiga » Sat Dec 30, 2017 5:50 pm

Effects and created things need times they last for.

The hide is a bit OP, since it gives you a permanent full-strength shield that doesn't sap your stamina or require jutsu to use.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Rain21199

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Rain21199 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:54 am

Okay, added a permanent stamina drain to the physical shield, added a clause that states the weapons require jutsu to make, change the chi wall thing to adv. regen, and added a clause that states Zakuro is no longer able to use nin or gen including the basics essentially turning him into a samurai.

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

Kabu

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Kabu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:29 am

The Tiger's Hide: <- Should rely on Chi for strength.

The Tiger's Fury: <- Forms at a speed equal to Chi.

And I'm with Niro on the unlocks being done one at a time. Starting at 10 and then going in intervals of 5.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Rain21199

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Rain21199 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:37 am

Okay, first of all, I don't see the difference between unlocking two things every 10 stats and unlocking one thing every 5. Second, I'm not using the Chi stat for anything else. I feel like I have enough drawbacks in this ability to balance it with out needing to use Chi and give myself anything less than 50s. I'm not budging on that.

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

Valkier

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Valkier » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:38 pm

Good ability - I think it's almost there :)

I also don't see the need to stagger the unlocks - clearly you're aiming for high chi either way, so it doesn't really matter when things are unlocked.

One thing that isn't clear to me is if these abilities are constantly active/uncontrollable, or whether they are things that Zakuro can choose to enter into as & when desired. The Tiger's Fury and The Dragon's Talon imply he can conjure those when he wants them, but the other four could be read as being always active. Either way works, I just think it would help to clarify.

@ Everlasting Tiger: You have it following the advanced regen rules, which specify a -5 stamina requirement because they're "always active". Is that right? Or (as above) is it something you can activate when needed? To follow that regen table though it will need to include a stamina drain while active. You might already be accounting for this as part of the rules but I'm not sure since it's not stated.

@ Tiger's Fury: I do think the formation speed should be based on chi too. Imo you could boost the regen speed to (chi/4) or (chi/3) in2 without it being too strong. I don't think the formation speed is really a balance change, since if Zakuro's speed is greater than his chi, he can still keep moving to avoid danger while the armour is forming - it just makes more sense based on the flavour of the ability, as all of this is manifest by the power of Barankami & Zakuro's ability to manifest/control that (chi).
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Rain21199

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Rain21199 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:46 am

I made edits on every part besides The Dragon's Hunt and The Dragon's Talon

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Niro » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:37 pm

Why would this take up two Ability slots? This description you have under Ability Slot 1 doesn't seem nearly enough to have to take enough another slot.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Valkier

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Valkier » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:31 pm

While the "ability slot 1" and "yang" parts of the ability wouldn't by themselves take an ability slot, the "yin" component is beyond what a single ability slot should be able to do - hence he's using two for everything. With the latest rework I think i'm mostly happy with it all - and while I still think the Dragon's Claws would make more sense forming at a speed related to the Chi stat, I understand Rain's reasoning & don't think it's too strong as it is. I'm happy to defer to the accepting mod for the final decision.

So... 1/2!

Edit: Though I guess for clarity you could combine it all into one spoiler called "slot 1 and 2". But that's just cosmetic so meh, up to you!
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Accepted]Ability Time!

Post by Niro » Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:14 pm

Accepted

This application has been accepted. Congratulations! Any necessary changes will be handled by the moderating team.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Return to “Completed”