[Accepted]+1 Gen Jutsu technique

Post by Legacy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:51 am

Application: Mitsurugi, Gene
Change:
Add to C-rank Status GenjutsuShow
[ think it over]
C ranked Status Genjutsu
Prerequisites: Sound initiator, 10 Genjutsu
Description: By uttering the phrase "You should think about the path" after performing hand seals, Gene is able to influence whomever is afflicted by making them second guess their own intensions if they hear the trigger words. For the next 3 posts those affected will think twice about doing or saying something harmful to the jutsu castor, this technique works as a useful and subtle way to buy time as it spurs the afflicted to second guess themselves for briefly.
Payment:Payment
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:05 am

This would be a status genjutsu (needs to state that type please) and would therefore be C-rank minimum. Your training will need to increase to 580 to relfect the higher rank tech being learned also.
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Legacy
User flair: Conflict begets Growth

Post by Legacy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:16 pm

Done and done.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Fake

Post by Fake » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:52 pm

You don't need to put 10 Genjutsu in the requirement; that's implied by the rank of the jutsu. You'd also need to have advanced Genjutsu channeling to channel that jutsu. Additionally, the effect that you're trying to achieve is B-Rank.
NameVillageRankOrganizationTest★ YATO ★KonohaA-RankThe God HandTest★ AYATO ★Knowledge CountryC-RankKobushi KaishuuTest

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:01 pm

No, it isn't. I literally just looked up the C-rank description of what a Status Gen would affect and this pretty much fits that.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Fake

Post by Fake » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:52 pm

B-Rank Status:
Slightly more powerful, these status genjutsu can evoke specific thought patterns, making people recall memories, or place ideas in their head. The emotion they evoke is strong enough to alter the course of battle, and can be used to sway people in moments of indecision
Note "sway people in moments of indecision", "evoke specific thought patterns"

Note " this technique works as a useful and subtle way to buy time as it causes the afflicted to hesitate briefly", "For the next 3 posts those affected will think twice about doing or saying something harmful to the jutsu castor"

If the status was just toned down slightly it would be a C-Rank. Although you worded it as an inclination, there are effects with a similar degree of strength in B-Rank archives, like this:

*[Genjutsu • Fear]
B-Ranked Status Genjutsu
The user will do a series of hand seals, the wink at their target. Should the target see them wink, they'll be caught in the genjutsu. For the next 4 posts, the target will have a sense of fear originating from the user and things they do. If the user takes a step forward, the target will be more inclined to take a step back, threats will have a higher efficacy, and they'll be more inclined to simply do what they can to avoid having to fight the user.

If you still disagree, feel free to consult other staff; I have no problem with that. Regardless, you should remove the bit about channeling.
NameVillageRankOrganizationTest★ YATO ★KonohaA-RankThe God HandTest★ AYATO ★Knowledge CountryC-RankKobushi KaishuuTest

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:13 pm

Removed the portion about channeling. Slightly altered the description of the technique.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:30 pm

Need to add that you must do handseals, you need to remove the "10 Genjutsu" pre-requisite as thats already implied. Meth asked you to do this the first time.
Jutsu Emulated:
*[Genjutsu • Doubt]
C-Ranked Status Genjutsu
The user will do a series of hand seals, then whistle, initiating the genjutsu in anyone who hears the whistle. For the next three posts, the victims of this technique will feel tinges of doubt when listening to other people talk. While the doubt isn't strong, it creates a slight feeling that can be used to dissuade them from following instructions of other people if utilized properly.
This is the jutsu you're trying to emulate, but you cannot force anyone to do anything. You can insert thoughts of doubt, or that they now have more of a chance to second guess themselves. But you cannot say "They will second guess themselves".
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:13 pm

Why can I not say that they will second guess themselves if that is what the technique is designed to do (on a scale relative to the rank obviously) under the right conditions? It's not like this in any way affects the person's ability to break the Genjutsu which should be taken into consideration.

Edit: IT is also not necessary for me to remove the prerequisites. If I want to list the bare minimum requirements for the technique big-whoop. I literally list the prereqs for any technique that Gene has whether I have to or not.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Kao

Post by Kao » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:25 pm

• Please edit in that he performs hand seals. You still haven't added that in.

• Tbh this could probably work as C rank if he specifies the second guessing is pretty brief. @ Pr I don't think there is much difference between "the victims of this technique will feel tinges of doubt" in that archive and "...whomever is afflicted by making them second guess their own intensions" in Gene's technique
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:42 pm

Edited.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:28 am

Technique looks fine to me now, but unfortunately I'm only counting 520 words of the 580 you'll need (1600 - 20(13+38)) = 580
CharactersShow
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am

Weird. I added more to it but at this point it's just barely avoiding changing something major in the thread; I'm at 792 with the word count from what I see and the better part of it deals with the technique in question.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 pm

1/2

You're still over the required @ approx 680 but I see what's happening - so to save any future grief I'd suggest not trusting the forum wordcounter too much. It only counts spaces, and includes formatting tags etc., plus the technique descriptions/training counts in spoilers won't count to the RP text count. Takes your 792 down to 680ish (via https://wordcounttools.com/) or 688 (via MS word) - plenty enough.
CharactersShow

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:32 pm

I just learned something new and useful lol. Thanks man.
ACTIVE CHARACTERShow

Nick

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Accepted

This application has been accepted. Congratulations! Any necessary changes will be handled by the moderating team.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Return to “Completed”