Pogonophile

[Accepted]Day 15 Mod

Post by Pogonophile » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Application: viewtopic.php?f=85&p=4161349
Change: Adding jutsu listed below, add them to the Byakugan tab :D
Payment: viewtopic.php?f=107&p=4162528#p4162445

[b][color=antiquewhite]Byakugan :: Signature Detection[/color][/b]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
By studying the flow of chakra that passes through a target’s body, the Hyuuga is able to determine a vague, yet overall, power level of said individual. This is done by averaging the target’s Stamina, Strength, and Control stats together.

[color=antiquewhite][b]Byakugan :: Tracking[/b][/color]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Path of the Eight Trigrams
Utilizing her ability to peer around herself in 360°, Himiko will utilize her Byakugan to analyze her surroundings as she looks for footprints, disturbances within the foliage, signs of travel, etc. This allows her to plot out the movement made by others within her Eight Trigrams. She can then utilize this knowledge to determine the general direction in which targets have moved towards, especially when attempting to hide or flee.

[color=antiquewhite][b]Byakugan :: Clear Sight[/b][/color]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Increasing her visual clarity, Himiko has trained her eyes to pierce through most obstacles she comes across. This allows her to see through techniques, veils, and objects that otherwise would obscure vision and hinder her ability to see. This additionally allows her to see those who are using techniques to render themselves invisible.
Last edited by Pogonophile on Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hyuuga Himiko - 66 Stats The Leaf’s Inescapable Wildfire #a84642
Wanna Plot? Message my discord: Pogonophile#6662

Nick

Day 15 Mod

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Byakugan :: Advanced Elemental Detection << Affinities are only for the 5 elements. If someone has access to supers, advanced, etc, it wouldn't show on their person in any way.

Byakugan :: Attuned Reading << Someone's chakra fluctuations would have nothing to do with their emotional state, and the only thing you'd be able to see in terms of an attack coming was if they were beginning to channel a jutsu, which is clearly visible even without any form of chakra sensory.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Pogonophile

Day 15 Mod

Post by Pogonophile » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Quote:
Byakugan :: Advanced Elemental Detection << Affinities are only for the 5 elements. If someone has access to supers, advanced, etc, it wouldn't show on their person in any way.
So, by you saying that, since I have a prior technique that would allow me to see the 5 Basic elements, Himiko as a character could see that say a Hyouton (Ice Release) technique was used, I could see that it was performed with both Suiton & Fuuton? Or Kouton being made of Doton? Or Ash using Katon and Fuuton? Because that is mainly what I'm going for, using her Eyes to see what Advanced and Super releases are constructed out of.
Quote:
Byakugan :: Attuned Reading << Someone's chakra fluctuations would have nothing to do with their emotional state, and the only thing you'd be able to see in terms of an attack coming was if they were beginning to channel a jutsu, which is clearly visible even without any form of chakra sensory.
Why can't the chakra system be used to detect things such as that? It'd be a bodily system just like any other. Blood Pressure changes when under stress. Why wouldn't one's chakra react similarly? Why couldn't a Byakugan see when muscles are surging with chakra to perform Taijutsu or Katon is gathering in one's chest in preparation for it being expelled?

Nick

Day 15 Mod

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:13 pm

@Elemental Detection: Not really. Elemental affinities are like a blood type, everyone gets one of the 5 basics. The only exception are elemental clans, because again, like bloodtypes, they get their fusion as their affinity, but that is the only exception. You would not, however, be able to tell someone had something like Kuuton or Kouton, because those can't be affinities, the knowledge of them isn't something ingrained, it's something trained and taught. Breaking down the chakra construction of a jutsu to see that ash was a combination of fuuton and katon wouldn't really be in the wheelhouse of the byakugan either.

@Attuned reading: Because that's just now how it works. Peoples chakra doesn't just do stuff without them telling it to, that's why nin/genjutsu are such big secrets that your average nobody doesn't know, because if you don't know how to mould it, then it just sits in you and doesn't do a whole lot. There are, of course, some exceptions to this, like if someone has some kind of chakra mutation ability. In reference to taijutsu, their chakra wouldn't really tense up either. Despite that our characters can reach the super inhuman mountain crushing status, they're not really moulding chakra to do it, even if chakra does flow through them greatly to cause such things.

In reference to seeing a katon jutsu welling up in their chest, I never said you wouldn't be able to see it, I said that anyone without a byakugan could see that as well. When someone channels a technique, it's very visible that chakra flares up around them. The same is not true for handseals though. However, we've had rulings on being able to recognize jutsu types via their chakra signatures or the handseals used on them before, and the general rule is that you need a jutsu for each type you want to be able to read; IE you'd have one specifically for katon, one specifically for fuuton, etc, in order to be able to successfully recognize what it was.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Pogonophile

Day 15 Mod

Post by Pogonophile » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:57 pm

Removed Advanced Elemental Detection and Attuned Reading. Replaced them with two other techniques.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Day 15 Mod

Post by Niro » Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:42 pm

Byakugan :: Signature Detection
C-Rank Ninjutsu
By studying the flow of chakra that passes through a target’s body, the Hyuuga is able to determine a vague, yet overall, power level of said individual. This is done by combining the target’s Stamina, Strength, and Control stats together. <-Should be the average of their Stam, Str, Control

Byakugan :: Tracking
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Byakugan :: Familiarity
After viewing a sample of an individual’s chakra signature, Himiko is able to use her eyes to see the residual chakra they have left behind. Similar to how canines can follow scents, the Hyuuga may use her Byakugan to follow her target’s general direction and potentially hunt them down, especially if they are trying to flee or hide. Doing so makes her vision very narrow and telescopic as she concentrates on her task. <-I assume this would be used in combination with the ~Byakugan: Telescopic Vision? If so, you should list it as a prerequisite to determine just how telescopic her vision is
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Pogonophile

Day 15 Mod

Post by Pogonophile » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:41 am

Edited :)

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Day 15 Mod

Post by Niro » Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:48 pm

1/2
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Yura

Day 15 Mod

Post by Yura » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:56 am

Byakugan :: Tracking <--- There should be a post length of some sort related to how old the chakra is before you can't see it anymore. Like if someone moved 15 posts ago, would you still be able to see the residual chakra? I suppose another way to ask this is, how long does the residual chakra remain in an area in such a way that you can see it? It honestly shouldn't be terribly long imo
CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
SadakoGeninIwagakureTeam 13[color=#90D2D8]
Enkouten, MitsuoBanninIwagakureTeam 18|Jousai[color=#ff2200]
Retired CharactersShow
NameRankVillageTeamColor
Nara, ShikariBanninKonohagakureMamorinuku[color=#fb8a00]
Takara, MorikoGeninIwagakure[color=#ffeb66]
Inji, AyakoC-RankWaterfall[color=#8080ff]

Pogonophile

Day 15 Mod

Post by Pogonophile » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Gave Tracking a Nin+Instinct/4. This makes it similar to the normal stamina cost of the Byakugan while also focusing on the technicalities of it (Nin for eye usage, Instinct for using her smarts to follow the chakra).

Sanjuro

Day 15 Mod

Post by Sanjuro » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:40 pm

To be honest tracking reads as Sensory and Signature is borderline. The Byakugan has 360 Degree, Telescopic, and Penetrative vision that let's them see Tenketsu but not Chakra outside the body. She definitely requires the Sensory concentration to be able to use the Tracking technique.

Assuming you add Sensory, for Tracking, at max stats that is 25 posts which is still a bit long. Honestly, I'd suggest tying it to the Signature technique. Add a list or table that specifies how long a trail lasts, and things with a weaker Signature would leave a smaller trail that doesn't linger as long whereas more powerful Signatures would last longer and be easier to follow. Should also specify that people with Anti-Sensory techs that hide their chakra shouldn't be able to be tracked by this, just to be sure.
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Pogonophile

Day 15 Mod

Post by Pogonophile » Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Completely removed the ability of Tracking to see residual chakra (you guys are boring :P) and instead made it a result of seeing physical markers that lead her towards finding a target.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Day 15 Mod

Post by Niro » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:22 pm

1/2
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Valkier

[Accepted]Day 15 Mod

Post by Valkier » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:06 pm

2/2
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Return to “Completed”