Zantou Kenjutsu

ShinobiTruth

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:20 pm

Application: N/A
Change: I’m submitting this style for submission to the archives.
AppearanceShow
Zantou Kenjutsu
Style Description
The ancient warriors of the Frost Country, battling both against harsh, unforgiving climates and constant attacks from outside forces, developed Zantou, a special style of Kenjutsu to fight back against invaders while defending even the strongest of arctic gates. Unlike most other styles, which often make use of highly technical swordplay, elaborate footwork, and blinding speed, Zantou attacks the mind of the opponent and defeats him both in body and in soul. Zantou is unique amongst the traditional kenjutsu styles in that it mandates the use of twin swords. While most practitioners opt for pairs of kodachi or ninjato for superior defense while maintaining a strong offense and adequate reach, any pair of swords can be used with this style. A combination of intense mental focus, quick and powerful strikes, and harnessing one's will to influence themselves and their opponents using [i]Kiai[/i], Zantou brings the body, mind, and soul of the warrior together in a fierce union, becoming an embodiment of the blades they wield.

Requires: [Sword Weapons], [Perception], [Deft Hands] Concentrations.
NocodeShow
[center]The ancient warriors of the Frost Country, battling both against harsh, unforgiving climates and constant attacks from outside forces, developed Zantou, a special style of Kenjutsu to fight back against invaders while defending even the strongest of arctic gates. Unlike most other styles, which often make use of highly technical swordplay, elaborate footwork, and blinding speed, Zantou attacks the mind of the opponent and defeats him both in body and in soul. Zantou is unique amongst the traditional kenjutsu styles in that it mandates the use of twin swords. While most practitioners opt for pairs of kodachi or ninjato for superior defense while maintaining a strong offense and adequate reach, any pair of swords can be used with this style. A combination of intense mental focus, quick and powerful strikes, and harnessing one's will to influence themselves and their opponents using [i][nocode][i]Kiai[/i][/i], Zantou brings the body, mind, and soul of the warrior together in a fierce union, becoming an embodiment of the blades they wield.

Requires: [Sword Weapons], [Perception], [Deft Hands] Concentrations.[/center][/nocode]
D-Rank Techniques
*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Winter Solstice][/b][/color]
D-Rank Taijutsu Stance
The basic Stance of Zantou, the practitioner holds one blade forward, parallel to the ground, and holds the other high over the head, pointing toward the opponent. The low blade grants the practitioner the ability to quickly defend against an opponent's attack while the blade raised overhead allows the practitioner to either quickly attack or counterattack with a powerful downward swing or thrust. This pairing of defense and offense serve as one of the cores of Zantou's swordsmanship. Drawing in a deep breath, the practitioner also gathers up their energy and releases a [i]kiai[/i]. This Stance allows the practitioner to ignore non-critical distractions and minor environmental factors, such as small amounts of excess heat, small amounts of excess cold, or even small amounts of pain, allowing them to focus entirely on their opponents' movements and the tasks at hand. While in this Stance, the practitioner is conferred with a +2 increase to Strength and +1 increase to Instinct but suffers a -3 penalty to Taijutsu. The practitioner may end this Stance whenever they so wish.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Ambidexterity][/b][/color]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
After practicing for a long amount of time with the concept of using both of their hands with equal skill, the user has developed a level of ambidexterity that allows them to utilize both hands equally and as effectively without any penalty. This extends to other methods of combat or simple everyday life as well.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Winter River Flows][/b][/color]
The physical training and mental focus encouraged by Zantou allows for the practitioner to adapt quickly and take advantage of opportunities to attack when they present themselves in combat. This Discipline represents the practitioner's ability to alter the direction of their blade mid-cut. This can be used to work around a block, or simply to act as a powerful feint and strike all in the same motion without stopping. This Discipline can make a Zantou practitioner’s movements difficult to predict in a fight.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Eyes of the Snow Owl][/b][/color]
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Ambidexterity][/i][/color].
The practitioner of Zantou must be capable of both defending and attacking within the same movement. This Discipline represents the practitioner's training and capacity to block an attack with one sword while simultaneously attacking with the other while wielding two or more weapons, making it more difficult for opponents to adequately block or counter the practitioner's attacks.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Shifting Winds][/b][/color]
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Ambidexterity][/i][/color].
Complete control of the weapons one is wielding is a necessity to ensure a practitioner of Zantou is proficient in the style. This Discipline represents the practitioner's ability to switch either one of their swords (or both, if they wish) from standard grip to reverse grip reflexively, the movements to do so firmly trained into their muscle memory. This allows the Zantou practitioner to ensure that the cutting edge of their blades are always facing the opponent whenever they want them to be. This Discipline can make a Zantou practitioner’s movements difficult to predict in a fight.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Cold Snap][/b][/color]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Winter River Flows][/i][/color].
While slashing an opponent, the practitioner twists their wrist while simultaneously channeling the momentum of the first attack into another slash in a different direction, allowing the practitioner to attack another area of the opponent's body with the same sequence of movements.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Falling Icicle][/b][/color]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Winter River Flows][/i][/color].
This technique can be performed as a standalone technique, often supplemented by feinting a slash, or can be linked to another attack. The practitioner twists their wrist and channels their momentum into a downward thrust, lodging their blade into the opponent and potentially pinning them to the ground or another surface. The opponent can force the practitioner away if their Strength stat is higher than the practitioner's Strength stat, but doing so hastily can cause additional damage as the blade continues to expand the wound even further. Conversely, the practitioner can opt to twist the blade in the wound and pull it out, causing further damage to the opponent and possibly severing important tendons or veins.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Crashing Snowstorm][/b][/color]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Shifting Winds][/i][/color], *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Eyes of the Snow Owl][/i][/color].
A technique making use of the simultaneous defense and offense provided by Zantou, the practitioner parries an opponent's attack down and away from the opponent's center mass with one of their swords. Using their opposing hand, the practitioner will momentarily spin the second sword in the hand before thrusting the blade at the opponent, the spinning motion creating a deceptively fast and potent thrust. The first sword will be free to protect against potential counterattacks during the downswing of the second sword.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Rising Snowstorm][/b][/color]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Shifting Winds][/i][/color], *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Eyes of the Snow Owl][/i][/color].
A technique making use of the simultaneous defense and offense provided by Zantou, the practitioner parries an opponent's attack up and away from the opponent's center mass with one of their swords. Using their opposing hand, the practitioner will momentarily spin the second sword in the hand before cutting the opponent, the spinning motion creating a deceptively fast and potent slash. The first sword will be free to protect against potential counterattacks during the upswing of the second sword.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Snow Owl's Claws][/b][/color]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]8 Strength, 8 Instinct,[/i] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Eyes of the Snow Owl][/i][/color].
A technique making use of the simultaneous defense and offense provided by Zantou, the practitioner launches a flurry of six alternating thrusts with their weapons, each thrust attacking a different part of the opponent's body, making it less likely that the opponent will successfully parry every strike. By drawing one of the blades back while launching the next attack with the opposing weapon, the practitioner will be in a position to parry or block an attack with one of their weapons while the other continues to strike the opponent.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Frigid Gust][/b][/color]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]8 Strength, 8 Instinct.[/i]
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to cause the opponent to falter. Intentionally clashing with the opponent's weapon at a weak point, the practitioner immediately torques the muscles in their arm to violently push and twist the weapon in a single direction. An opponent affected by this technique must have a Strength higher than the practitioner's Strength to avoid losing their grip on their weapon or being disarmed entirely. The practitioner can immediately follow up on this opening with a slash with the other weapon if they so wish.
C-Rank Techniques
*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Winter Snow][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Stance
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Winter Solstice][/i][/color].
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance further builds upon further sharpening and refining the practitioner's capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand. The practitioner holds one blade forward, parallel to the ground, and holds the other high over the head, pointing toward the opponent. The low blade grants the practitioner the ability to quickly defend against an opponent's attack while the blade raised overhead allows the practitioner to either quickly attack or counterattack with a powerful downward swing or thrust. This pairing of defense and offense serve as one of the cores of Zantou's swordsmanship. Drawing in a deep breath, the practitioner also gathers up their energy and releases a [i]kiai[/i]. While in this Stance, the practitioner can more easily ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore moderate heat, moderate cold, and even a moderate amount of pain. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning more accurately in this stance, and they are able to read both the direction and the type of an attack that is imminent. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if the average of their Taijutsu and Speed stats is higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat. While in this Stance, the practitioner is conferred with a +2 increase to Strength and Instinct but suffers a -2 penalty to Taijutsu and Stamina. The practitioner may end this Stance whenever they so wish.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Wolf Pack Paradigm][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Much of a human's movements are inefficient and waste energy, especially in regards to combat. The practitioner has learned how to fully synchronize and harmonize the movements of their body in and out of combat. This Discipline represents the practitioner's knowledge and mastery of kinetic linking, the efficient movement and transferal of potential energy from one part of the body to the other, eliminating potentially wasted physical stamina and chakra and allowing the practitioner to last longer than ordinary in a fight.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Wolf Pack Prowl][/b][/color]
The practitioner carefully scrutinizes his opponent's defenses and attacks whatever openings present themselves. This Discipline represents the practitioner's capacity to quickly recognize the base effective range of an opponent's weapon and inherent weaknesses in their defenses, including if there are none. This technique does not provide supernatural insight into an opponent's techniques which could alter those parameters, but this technique can be used in conjunction with other information the practitioner has to build a complete mental profile on the opponent's capabilities.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Wolf Pack Fangs][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Using the opponent's own guard as an avenue for attack, the practitioner will feint as to clash against the opponent's defense. Then, as the blade's edge is about to make contact, the practitioner will twist said blade and push the blade forward as the flat of their weapon makes contact against the opponent's guard. This allows the practitioner to initiate a slash or thrust against the opponent by sliding the flat of the blade along the opponent's guard. This tricky technique can allow the practitioner to exploit inherent weaknesses in the opponent's guard and even push through an opponent's defenses to attack them.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Wolf Pup Bite][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
As opposed to most attacks, which aim to do as much damage as possible as in few movements as necessary, this technique aims to slowly whittle away an opponent from the outside in. Whenever an opponent parries or blocks an attack, the practitioner can quickly sidestep, dragging the weapon along the opponent's guard and making a small incision somewhere along their outer extremities. While the cuts themselves are shallow and may appear superficial at first, continued use of this technique against an enemy can result in significant blood loss. Each successful applications of this technique will leave a wide, shallow cut which will increase the pace at which the opponent loses blood and, in turn, physical stamina.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Twisting Blizzard][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Ambidexterity][/i][/color], *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Shifting Winds][/i][/color].
The practitioner uses their skills with their weapons to obfuscate their next attacks. By constantly spinning the blades with their hands and fingers, randomly switching directions, the practitioner can reflexively choose not only what kind of strike to use and which direction to launch the attack from, but also whether to use standard grip or reverse grip the split second before launching the attack. This can make the practitioner very unpredictable in a fight. This technique can be used in conjunction with other techniques to help mask the practitioner's intentions.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Crashing Blizzard][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]15 Strength, 15 Instinct, Strength must be equal to or higher than Speed[/i], *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Wolf Pack Prowl][/i][/color].
Primarily used as a counter-attack, the practitioner reads his opponent, waiting for the opponent to initiate his attack. As the opponent commits to the attack, the practitioner torques the muscles in their arms and legs, accelerating the next series of movements to their maximum speed. The practitioner starts by parrying and forcing the opponent's blow away from their center of mass, leaving their torso exposed. Then, they rush forward in a shallow leap, instantly accelerating to their maximum speed, and attempt to run their opponent through with a violent, twisting thrust. Should the practitioner's attack not hit their mark, they will pivot their bodies and land facing the opponent, minimizing the potential opening to be exploited. This technique is ineffective against opponents with Strength higher than the practitioner's Strength.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Rising Blizzard][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]15 Strength, 15 Instinct, Strength must be equal to or higher than Speed[/i], *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Wolf Pack Prowl][/i][/color].
Primarily used as a counter-attack, the practitioner reads his opponent, waiting for the opponent to initiate his attack. As the opponent commits to the attack, the practitioner torques the muscles in their arms and legs, accelerating the practitioner to their maximum speed. The practitioner sidesteps and slams the back of the opponent's weapon with their swords, violently overextending the opponent's strike. Then, they lunge at the opponent and attempt to strike their opponent with a powerful, upward slash. Should the practitioner's attack not hit their mark, they will immediately jump back while crossing their blades in front of them, minimizing the potential opening to be exploited. This technique is ineffective against opponents with Strength higher than the practitioner's Strength.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Wolf Pack Howl][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]15 Strength, 15 Instinct, Strength must be equal to or higher than Speed[/i], *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Frigid Gust][/i][/color].
An uncharacteristically aggressive technique with a heavy commitment, the practitioner momentarily torques the muscles in their body. Then, accelerating to max speed, the practitioner rushes into the opponent's guard before attacking them with a flurry of wide, quick slashes as they constantly press forward. The practitioner aims for the points of the weapon closes to the opponent's hands, causing violent vibrations to travel through the weapon into their hands and wrists while also causing the weapon to violently shift and twist in their hands from the force of the blows. An opponent must have a Strength higher than the practitioner's Strength to avoid having their hands be strained to the point of having their guard batted aside or to avoid being disarmed outright.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Wolf Pack Bloodlust][/b][/color]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]15 Strength, 15 Instinct,[/i] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Frigid Gust][/i][/color].
A technique that can be added onto the end or at the beginning of another Maneuver for a more potent attack string, the practitioner momentarily torques every muscle in their body before attacking with a flurry of vicious, alternating thrusts. Each thrust is targeted at a wildly different part of the opponent's body, making it difficult to properly defend against each thrust. The opponent's average of their Speed and Strength, rounded up, must be higher than the practitioner's average of their Speed and Strength, rounded down, to fully defend against every attack.
B-Rank Techniques
*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Winter Blizzard][/b][/color]
B-Rank Taijutsu Stance
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Winter Snow][/i][/color].
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance further builds upon further sharpening and refining the practitioner's capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand. The practitioner holds one blade forward, parallel to the ground, and holds the other high over the head, pointing toward the opponent. The low blade grants the practitioner the ability to quickly defend against an opponent's attack while the blade raised overhead allows the practitioner to either quickly attack or counterattack with a powerful downward swing or thrust. This pairing of defense and offense serves as one of the cores of Zantou's swordsmanship. Drawing in a deep breath, the practitioner also gathers up their energy and releases a [i]kiai[/i]. While in this Stance, the practitioner can very easily ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore high heat, deep cold, mild oxygen deprivation, and even a severe amount of pain. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning more accurately in this stance, and they are able to read the direction, the type, and the timing of an attack that is imminent. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if the average of their Taijutsu and Speed stats, rounded up, are higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat. The practitioner may end this Stance whenever they so wish.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Polar Bear Conservation][/b][/color]
B-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Wolf Pack Paradigm][/i][/color].
The Zantou practitioner has learned to more precisely control their physical stamina expenditures through the use of controlled and precise breathing. This Discipline represents the practitioner's proficiency at constantly using efficient breathing techniques both in and out of battle, further conserving physical stamina and chakra. This Discipline ensures that only the exact amount of energy needed for each movement is expended, not a single iota more. This allows the Zantou fighter to endure and persist in battle long after other fighters would have passed out. This Discipline also allows the practitioner to function normally in oxygen-deprived environments, such as very high altitudes and vacuums. The practitioner can hold their breath on-demand for a number of posts equal to their Stamina stat.

*[Zantou • Polar Bear Claw]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
One of the few full committal techniques of Zantou, the practitioner momentarily torques the muscles in their arms. Then, in a single, explosive release, the practitioner looses a [i]kiai[/i] and two crossing diagonal slashes from opposite sides. Opponents within fifteen meters of the practitioner must have a higher average of their Strength and Stamina, rounded up, than the practitioner's Strength stat to resist the [i]kiai[/i] effect. Otherwise, the opponents will suffer from minor disorientation from the disruption of the equilibrium, resulting in a -6 penalty to Taijutsu for the next three posts. At the center of the attack, the second blade crashes into the back of the first, driving the first blade deeper into the opponent's guard, weapon, armor, or body. This technique is effective at breaking an opponent's weapon, armor, or defenses. The disorientation effect from this technique can be stacked with other disorientation effects and refreshes the post limit for any disorientation effect currently imposed on the opponents.

*[Zantou • Polar Bear Pursuit]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Frigid Gust][/i][/color].
An uncharacteristically aggressive technique with a heavy commitment, the practitioner draws in a small breath before unleashing a stream of [i]kiai[/i] against the opponent before attacking them with a powerful series of alternating slashes and thrusts. must have a higher Stamina stat than the practitioner's Strength stat to resist the [i]kiai[/i] effect. Otherwise, the opponent will suffer from minor disorientation from the disruption of the equilibrium, resulting in a -6 penalty to Taijutsu for the next three posts. This disorientation can allow the practitioner to overwhelm the opponent's senses and defenses to land any number of serious, if not fatal, blows. The disorientation effect from this technique can be stacked with other disorientation effects and refreshes the post limit for any disorientation effect currently imposed on the opponents.

*[Zantou • Polar Bear Roar]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]35 Strength, 25 Instinct.[/i]
Reflexively torquing muscles around the body, the practitioner releases the pent up energy with a fierce [i]kiai[/i], the amount of energy released so potent that it violently stirs the air up around the practitioner in a space of ten meters in all directions with wildly alternating wind currents. This technique is able to destroy bindings and repel attacks, projectiles, and ninjutsu with a strength equal to 1/2 of the practitioner's Strength stat, rounded down, often simply diverting these attacks around or away from the practitioner instead.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Frostbitten Howl][/b][/color]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]25 Strength, 25 Instinct,[/i] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Frigid Gust][/i][/color].
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to cause the opponent to lose hold of their senses. A more advanced version of its parent technique, the practitioner unleashes a mighty [i]kiai[/i]. Opponents within fifteen meters of the practitioner must have a higher Stamina stat than the practitioner's Strength stat to resist the effect. Otherwise, the opponents will suffer from a minor blurring of their vision and minor disorientation from the disruption of the equilibrium, resulting in a -6 penalty to Taijutsu for the next three posts. The disorientation effect from this technique can be stacked with other disorientation effects and refreshes the post limit for any disorientation effect currently imposed on the opponents.
A-Rank Techniques
*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Winter Maelstrom][/b][/color]
A-Rank Taijutsu Stance
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Winter Blizzard][/i][/color].
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance further builds upon further sharpening and refining the practitioner's capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand. Drawing in a deep breath, the practitioner also gathers up their energy and releases a [i]kiai[/i]. The level of skill the practitioner has attained allows the practitioner to effectively attack and block from a neutral stance without any detriment. While in this Stance, the practitioner can effortlessly ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore extreme heat, extreme cold, moderate oxygen deprivation, and even extreme pain. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning very accurately in this stance, and they are able to read the direction, the type, the timing, and the speed of an attack that is imminent. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if the average of their Taijutsu and Speed stats is higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat. While in this Stance, the practitioner is conferred with a +4 increase to Strength and Instinct but suffers a -4 penalty to Taijutsu and Stamina. The practitioner may end this Stance whenever they so wish.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Frost Dragon's Flight][/b][/color]
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]30 Taijutsu, 30 Instinct,[/i] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Winter Maelstrom][/i][/color].
The practitioner has learned to strike and defend with movements that shift suddenly and ferociously. This Discipline represents the practitioner's knowledge and mastery of movement and muscle control, to the point that their movements, attacks, and techniques have no telegraphing signs until they are already in motion. This makes it much more difficult for opponents to properly react to the practitioner's actions in combat. Opponents must have a higher average of their Taijutsu and Instinct stats, rounded up, than the practitioner's Taijutsu stat to adequately read the practitioner's movements, attacks, and techniques.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Frost Dragon's Claws][/b][/color]
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Frost Dragon’s Flight][/i][/color].
A technique specifically designed to help the practitioner fight against an army, the practitioner breaks into a dash, weaving through their opponents. Using the principles learned from Frost Dragon’s Flight, the practitioner quickly launches sudden cuts and thrusts aimed at vital areas of the body, all while dodging incoming attacks, allowing the practitioner to potentially dispatch a large number of opponents with ease. The practitioner can keep attacking and dashing without stopping for a number of posts equal to half their Strength stat, rounded down, though they may end the technique whenever they so wish as well. The practitioner may use other techniques while executing this technique as well.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Frost Dragon's Fangs][/b][/color]
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]30 Strength, 30 Instinct,[/i] *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Winter Maelstrom][/i][/color].
Torquing the muscles in their arms, the practitioner unleashed a relentless flurry of twisting slashes and thrusts. With controlled twisting of the wrists and arms, the practitioner can immediately change the direction of any of these attacks, even to the point of converting a slash into a thrust and vice-versa. The unpredictability of this technique, complemented by the practitioner’s already muted movements, makes this one of the deadliest techniques in all of Zantou.

*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou • Frost Dragon's Roar][/b][/color]
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]30 Strength, 30 Instinct,[/i], *[color=#6F6E73][i][Zantou • Frostbitten Howl][/i][/color].
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to cause the opponent to lose hold of their senses. A more advanced version of its parent technique, the practitioner unleashes a mighty [i]kiai[/i], which bombards the opponent with violently vibrating air currents entering their ear canals. Opponents within fifteen meters of the practitioner must have a higher Stamina stat than the practitioner's Strength stat to resist the effect of this technique. Otherwise, any opponents in range of the technique will lose all sense of orientation, balance, and proprioception, resulting in a -9 penalty to Taijutsu for the next three posts in the form of disorientation and extreme nausea to the point of uncontrolled vomiting. This technique can be used in conjunction with other techniques. The disorientation effect from this technique can be stacked with other disorientation effects and refreshes the post limit for any disorientation effect currently imposed on the opponents.
Ougi
*[color=#6F6E73][b][Zantou Ougi • Eternal Winter][/b][/color]
S-Rank Taijutsu Stance
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]39 Strength, 39 Instinct, must be learned in the Frost Country Dojo or taught by someone who trained there, 10[/i] [color=#6F6E73][i][b]Zantou Kenjutsu[/b][/i][/color] [i]techniques[/i].
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance sharpens and refines the practitioner's already considerable capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand to the finest point. The level of skill the practitioner has attained allows the practitioner to effectively attack and block from a neutral stance without any detriment. Drawing in a deep breath, the practitioner also gathers up their energy and releases a [i]kiai[/i]. While in this Stance, the practitioner can effortlessly ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore all environmental conditions, all forms of pain, and operate within a vacuum or oxygen-void environments up to a number of posts equal to their Stamina stat. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning with pinpoint accuracy in this Stance, and they are able to read the direction, the type, the timing, the speed, and the strength of an attack that is imminent. They are also able to read sudden shifts in muscle contractions very easily, able to perceive almost any feint. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if the average of their Taijutsu and Speed stats, rounded up, is higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat. The practitioner may end this Stance whenever they so wish. Most important, however, is this Stance’s ability to break illusions which plague the practitioner’s mind. By channeling and releasing a powerful [i]kiai[/i] targeting themselves, the practitioner momentarily forces their brain into unconciousness while locking their muscles to prevent themselves from falling during this function, breaking any genjutsu they may currently be under but leaving a short opening that can be exploited right before they wake up. Doing this immediately ends the Stance and abruptly awakens the practitioner. Using this function of the stance immediately ends the stance and imposes a -10 Stamina penalty on the practitioner for the remainder of the thread.
Payment: I’m hoping for payment, but if not, it’s from the goodness of my heart.
Last edited by ShinobiTruth on Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Kao

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by Kao » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:49 pm

Quick phone check but before I can really check this, all of the flowery language in the techs need to be removed. They don't add anything to knowing how the technique works and it makes them unnecessarily wordy. Things like:

*[Zantou • Winter Solstice]

The practitioner has trained to be as persistent and everlasting as the chill of the Frost Country from whence their frigid blades..

*[Zantou • Wolf Pack Paradigm]
Much of a human's movements are inefficient and waste energy, especially in regards to combat. Much like the coordinated and efficient hunting methods of wolves, the practitioner has learned how to fully synchronize and harmonize the movements of their body in and out of combat.

*[Zantou • Twisting Blizzard]

Just like the unpredictable and chaotic snow storms of Frost Country, the practitioner uses their skills with their weapons to obfuscate their next attacks.

*[Zantou • Polar Bear Conservation]

Polar bears, active both during the mild spring months and the harsh winter months, have learned how to finely control the energy they expend, for each iota of strength is a precious resource. The Zantou practitioner has learned to emulate this trait, through the use of controlled and precise breathing.

Zantou • Polar Bear Claw

One of the few full committal techniques of Zantou, the practitioner drives into the opponent with the ferocity of one of Frost Country's fiercest predators.

*[Zantou • Frost Dragon's Fangs]

The Frost Dragon, a creature of grace and beauty, is still the deadliest of predators. In the space between a heartbeat, it can already have its prey between its jaws.

*[Zantou • Frost Dragon's Claws]
The might of the Frost Dragon of legend was said to be unparalleled, a mere rake of its claws stirring up blizzards and burying armies foolish enough to stand against it with snow and unforgiving ice.

[Zantou • Frost Dragon Flight]
The unrelenting, ironic beauty of the frozen tundra of the Frost Country is awe-inspiring, even beautiful... until it isn't.

*[Zantou • Eternal Winter]

Though in other lands, the seasons may change, Frost Country’s winter is eternal

That's not all of them, but I'm on mobile and can't do much. But stuff like that, along with the lines about harnessing the inner warrior, aren't needed. Archives should just say what the technique does.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

Kao

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by Kao » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:12 am

Still going to check this a little bit at a time because it’s a lot.

>All of the techs require above average tai. This needs to have techiques that only need average tai. needing above average tai in archives should be the exception, not the norm

> remove all “taijutsu score” etc or change “score” to “stat”

Winter Solstice:
> remove “The practitioner has trained to be as persistent as the chill…”
> ignoring that much is more C rank than D rank. you’d be able to ignore some minor distractions but not moderate anything.

Ambidexterity
> does not really need the 5 instinct

Falling Icicle:
>change/remove “score”

Frigid Shout:
>change/remove “score”

Invigorating Chill:
>not sure why enemies wouldn’t be affected by the kiai. usually can’t choose targets with sound; other mods might disagree though.
>Boost needs drawback

Energizing Chill:
>you can’t split debuffs like that. the number of stats you debuff has to be less than or equal to the number of stats you buff. since you’re only buffing one stat you can only debuff one stat

Winter Snow:
> Ignoring high heat etc isn’t C rank but is more B rank

Wolf Pack Paradigm:
> remove “much like the coordinated and efficient hunting methods of wolves”
>what exactly does this do

Wolf Pup Bite:
>I’m pretty sure we don’t allow things like “every hit is a -1 debuff.” also it doesn’t make sense that small cuts would cause a debuff in stamina

Invigorating Cold:
> Same as Energizing Chill. You can’t split debuffs like that

Winter Blizzard:
>Ignoring extreme cold etc would be A rank.

Polar Bear Conservation:
> remove/change “score”

Invigorating Freeze:
>Can’t split the debuffs.

Energizing Freeze:
>Can’t split the debuffs
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

ShinobiTruth

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by ShinobiTruth » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:13 pm

>All of the techs require above average tai. This needs to have techiques that only need average tai. needing above average tai in archives should be the exception, not the norm <==== Made edits to some of the techniques for more lenient stat requirements.

Winter Solstice <==== Edited.

> remove all “taijutsu score” etc or change “score” to “stat” <===== Edited.

Ambidexterity > does not really need the 5 instinct <===== I've edited, but I'd like to point out that the Yoshin style, which also has Ambidexterity, has a 5 Instinct requirement. I know I'll be reworking that style soon, but as it stands, that requirement is listed on an archived jutsu with the same function.

Falling Icicle/Frigid Shout <==== Edited.

Invigorating Chill/Energizing Chill <==== Edited. Per the drawback section in the advanced rules section on stat boosting and debuffing, loss of a major sense, such as touch, is considered a -3 drawback. If possible, I'd like to get additional input on the selective targeting of the shout buffs. I'll edit them to be personal buffs only if selective targeting is not an option.

Winter Chill <==== Edited

Wolf Pack Paradigm <==== Edited. Also, the purpose of this technique is physical stamina/chakra (if applicable) conservation for Taijutsu by maxing out the efficiency of their movements in combat. Essentially, it means that the practitioner doesn't use quite as much energy with each movement or attack because they've learned how to move more efficiently and not waste any potential energy being expended.

Wolf Pup Bite <==== Edited.

Invigorating Cold <==== Edited.

Winter Blizzard <==== Edited.

Polar Bear Conservation <==== Edited.

Invigorating Freeze <==== Edited.

Energizing Freeze <==== Edited.

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by Director » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:48 pm

Quote:
*[Zantou • Winter Solstice]
D-Rank Taijutsu Stance
The basic Stance of Zantou, the practitioner holds one blade forward, parallel to the ground, and holds the other high over the head, pointing toward the opponent. The low blade grants the practitioner the ability to quickly defend against an opponent's attack while the blade raised overhead allows the practitioner to either quickly attack or counterattack with a powerful downward swing or thrust. This pairing of defense and offense serve as one of the cores of Zantou's swordsmanship. This Stance allows the practitioner to ignore non-critical distractions and minor environmental factors, such as small amounts of excess heat, small amounts of excess cold, or even small amounts of pain, allowing them to focus entirely on their opponents' movements and the tasks at hand. The practitioner reads the opponent's muscle contractions to determine the direction from which an attack is imminent. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if their Taijutsu stat is higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat.
I'd remove being able to mask your movements if the person's taijutsu stats is higher than the user's instinct. Feel like that's a bit too advance being able to predict moves as a D-rank.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Crashing Snowstorm]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Shifting Winds], *[Zantou • Eyes of the Snow Owl].
A technique making use of the simultaneous defense and offense provided by Zantou, the practitioner parries an opponent's attack down and away from the opponent's center mass with one of their swords. Using their opposing hand, the practitioner will momentarily spin the second sword in the hand before thrusting the blade at the opponent, the spinning motion creating a deceptively fast and potent thrust. The first sword will be free to protect against potential counterattacks during the downswing of the second sword.

*[Zantou • Snow Owl's Beak]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 8 Taijutsu, 8 Instinct, *[Zantou • Eyes of the Snow Owl].
A technique making use of the simultaneous defense and offense provided by Zantou, the practitioner parries the opponent's attack with one weapon and launches a thrust through the opponent's open guard with the other at the same time. This technique primarily targets a major joint attached to the attacking limb, but the practitioner can opt to instead thrust at a more vital area if the opportunity arises, such as the heart, liver, kidney, lung, etc.
These are essentially the same. The first is just more descriptive and has more flare.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Frigid Shout]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 8 Taijutsu, 8 Instinct.
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to cause the opponent to falter. The most basic of Zantou's kiai techniques, or force shouts, the practitioner channels their will into a violent cry. Opponents within five meters of the practitioner must have a higher average of their Taijutsu and Instinct stats, rounded up, than the practitioner's Taijutsu stat to resist the effect. Otherwise, the opponents will momentarily falter in their movements. This reflexive twitch or sudden lack of coordination and resolve can create an opening for the practitioner to exploit.
Taijutsu that causes twitching or lack of coordination would be higher rank, and I don't see how you can determine how a person becomes startled. It'd be better to make this scale with the loudness of the person screaming via strength of the scream.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Invigorating Chill]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to boost their physical prowess and that of their allies. One of the most basic of Zantou's kiai techniques, or force shouts, the practitioner channels their will into a violent cry, fortifying their muscles through willpower. The practitioner and all allies within five meters of them will experience a +3 Strength boost for the next two posts. This boost has the drawback of temporarily deadening the practitioner's sense of touch for the duration of the boost. The practitioner can refresh the post duration by reapplying the technique if they so wish, and they may end the boost at will if they so wish.

*[Zantou • Energizing Chill]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to boost their physical prowess and that of their allies. One of the most basic of Zantou's kiai techniques, or force shouts, the practitioner channels their will into a violent cry, fortifying their muscles through willpower. The practitioner and all allies within five meters of them will experience a +3 Speed boost for the next two posts. This boost has the drawback of temporarily deadening the practitioner's sense of touch for the duration of the boost. The practitioner can refresh the post duration by reapplying the technique if they so wish, and they may end the boost at will if they so wish.

*[Zantou • Invigorating Cold]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Taijutsu, 15 Instinct, *[Zantou • Invigorating Chill].
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to boost their physical prowess and that of their allies. One of the most basic of Zantou's kiai techniques, or force shouts, the practitioner channels their will into a violent cry, fortifying their muscles through willpower. The practitioner and all allies within ten meters of them will experience a +6 Strength boost for the next two posts. This boost has the drawback of temporarily deadening the practitioner's sense of touch and placing a -3 penalty on the practitioner's Taijutsu stat for the duration of the boost. The practitioner can refresh the post duration by reapplying the technique if they so wish, and they may end the boost at will if they so wish.

*[Zantou • Energizing Cold]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Taijutsu, 15 Instinct, *[Zantou • Energizing Chill].
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to boost their physical prowess and that of their allies. One of the most basic of Zantou's kiai techniques, or force shouts, the practitioner channels their will into a violent cry, fortifying their muscles through willpower. The practitioner and all allies within ten meters of them will experience a +6 Speed boost for the next two posts. This boost has the drawback of temporarily deadening the practitioner's sense of touch and placing a -3 penalty on the practitioner's Taijutsu stat for the duration of the boost. The practitioner can refresh the post duration by reapplying the technique if they so wish, and they may end the boost at will if they so wish.

*[Zantou • Invigorating Freeze]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 25 Taijutsu, 25 Instinct, *[Zantou • Invigorating Cold].
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to boost their physical prowess and that of their allies. A more advanced version of Zantou's kiai techniques, or force shouts, the practitioner channels their will into a violent cry, fortifying their muscles through willpower. The practitioner and all allies within fifteen meters of them will experience a +9 Strength boost for the next two posts. This boost has the drawback of temporarily deadening the practitioner's sense of touch and placing a -6 penalty on the practitioner's Taijutsu for the duration of the boost. The practitioner can refresh the post duration by reapplying the technique if they so wish, and they may end the boost at will if they so wish.

*[Zantou • Energizing Freeze]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 25 Taijutsu, 25 Instinct, *[Zantou • Energizing Cold].
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to boost their physical prowess and that of their allies. A more advanced version of Zantou's kiai techniques, or force shouts, the practitioner channels their will into a violent cry, fortifying their muscles through willpower. The practitioner and all allies within fifteen meters of them will experience a +9 Speed boost for the next two posts. This boost has the drawback of temporarily deadening the practitioner's sense of touch and placing a -6 penalty on the practitioner's Taijutsu for the duration of the boost. The practitioner can refresh the post duration by reapplying the technique if they so wish, and they may end the boost at will if they so wish.
Screaming will not buff those around you. Also I'll ask that you provide an actual -stat, preferably -Instinct stat however it doesn't have to equal the full buff, but just closer. This jutsu would only buff yourself.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Winter Snow]
C-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Winter Solstice].
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance further builds upon further sharpening and refining the practitioner's capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand. The practitioner holds one blade forward, parallel to the ground, and holds the other high over the head, pointing toward the opponent. The low blade grants the practitioner the ability to quickly defend against an opponent's attack while the blade raised overhead allows the practitioner to either quickly attack or counterattack with a powerful downward swing or thrust. This pairing of defense and offense serve as one of the cores of Zantou's swordsmanship. While in this Stance, the practitioner can more easily ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore moderate heat, moderate cold, and even a moderate amount of pain. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning more accurately in this stance, and they are able to read both the direction and the type of an attack that is imminent. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if their Taijutsu stat is higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat.
I think you should probably take a penalty for the check considering its low ranked. Also any higher ranked perception techniques will see right through this.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Wolf Pack Paradigm]
Much of a human's movements are inefficient and waste energy, especially in regards to combat. The practitioner has learned how to fully synchronize and harmonize the movements of their body in and out of combat. This Discipline represents the practitioner's knowledge and mastery of kinetic linking, the efficient movement and transferal of potential energy from one part of the body to the other, eliminating potentially wasted physical stamina and chakra and allowing the practitioner to last longer than ordinary in a fight.
Probably able to eliminate moderate stamina loss, but overall I'd say not all. Just a small clarification.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Wolf Pack Howl]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Taijutsu, 15 Instinct, *[Zantou • Frigid Shout].
An uncharacteristically aggressive technique with a heavy commitment, the practitioner draws in a small breath before unleashing a stream of kiai against the opponent before attacking them with a flurry of wide, quick slashes. The force and suddenness of the shouts causes the opponent to falter, temporarily inflicting a -3 Strength penalty on the opponent for the remainder of the post. The penalty may potentially allow the practitioner to slam the opponent's guard aside and attack the opening. This penalty can only be applied to the same opponent once every three posts.

*[Zantou • Wolf Pack Bloodlust]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Taijutsu, 15 Instinct, *[Zantou • Frigid Shout].
A technique that can be added onto the end or the beginning of another Maneuver for a more potent attack string, the practitioner draws in a small breath and unleashes a powerful kiai against the opponent before attacking with a flurry of vicious, alternating thrusts. The force and power of the shout will startle and distract the opponent, temporarily inflicting a -3 Instinct penalty on the opponent for the remainder of the post. The penalty may potentially allow the practitioner to catch the opponent off-guard and attack sudden weaknesses in their guard, preventing a timely response to their attacks. This penalty can only be applied to the same opponent once every three posts.
Same issue as the D-rank one. I don't believe you're gonna be able to debuff people unless you have a strength requisite, and I don't think you're gonna be doing it at C-rank. Probably a B-rank minimum, and you're gonna debuff them minor with hearing damage rather than debuffs. Essentially cause you can't force someone to fear you unless you're directly influencing their emotions. I recommend the hearing damage because that is unavoidable if loud enough.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Winter Blizzard]
B-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Winter Snow].
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance further builds upon further sharpening and refining the practitioner's capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand. The practitioner holds one blade forward, parallel to the ground, and holds the other high over the head, pointing toward the opponent. The low blade grants the practitioner the ability to quickly defend against an opponent's attack while the blade raised overhead allows the practitioner to either quickly attack or counterattack with a powerful downward swing or thrust. This pairing of defense and offense serve as one of the cores of Zantou's swordsmanship. While in this Stance, the practitioner can very easily ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore high heat, deep cold, mild oxygen deprivation, and even a severe amount of pain. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning more accurately in this stance, and they are able to read the direction, the type, and the timing of an attack that is imminent. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if their Taijutsu stat is higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat.
Speed also plays a role due to being so fast the user can't keep up. I'd advise making this the opponents [Taijutsu+Speed]/2 against the user's Instinct.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Polar Bear Claw]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Ambidexterity].
One of the few full committal techniques of Zantou, the practitioner drives into the opponent with the ferocity of one of Frost Country's fiercest predators. Momentarily torquing the muscles in their arms, the practitioner quickly builds an impressive amount of force. Then, in a single, explosive release, the practitioner looses a kiai and a pair of simultaneous diagonal slashes from opposite sides. Opponents within fifteen meters of the practitioner must have a higher average of their Taijutsu and Instinct stats, rounded up [(Tai+Inst)/2], than the practitioner's Taijutsu stat to resist the kiai effect. Otherwise, the opponents will be stunned for the remainder of the post. These slashes immediately accelerates to the user's max speed, and at the center of the attack where the two swings converge to a single point, the second blade, crashes into the back of the first, driving the first blade deeper into the opponent, treating the attack as if it were used with an additional five (5) strength. Both the posture and muscle torquing required to execute this technique cause strain on the practitioner's body, leaving a small opening that the opponent can punish if this attack is avoided or otherwise negated.
Can't stun people with a shout at B-rank, at A-rank possibly pending a strength requisite. Follows the same issues as other Kiai. Also instantly accelerating is a no unless your strength equals your speed as the two pend acceleration. You'd be better off doing something like body flicker, but it'd be an A-rank technique. Also can't give yourself +5 addition strength in an attack as its a buff without a debuff.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Polar Bear Pursuit]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Frigid Shout].
An uncharacteristically aggressive technique with a heavy commitment, the practitioner draws in a small breath before unleashing a stream of kiai against the opponent before attacking them with a powerful series of alternating slashes and thrusts. The power of the shout is so potent that the opponent suffers a -3 penalty to Strength and -3 penalty to Instinct for the remainder of the post. This penalty can allow the practitioner to overwhelm the opponent's senses and defenses to land any number of serious, if not fatal, blows.
Kiai issues follow here.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Frostbitten Howl]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 25 Taijutsu, 25 Instinct, *[Zantou • Frigid Shout].
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to cause the opponent to lose hold of their senses. A more advanced version of its parent technique, the practitioner unleashes a mighty kiai. Opponents within fifteen meters of the practitioner must have a higher average of their Taijutsu and Instinct stats, rounded up, than the practitioner's Taijutsu stat to resist the effect. Otherwise, any opponents in range of the technique will be highly disoriented, their vision and hearing distorted and their equilibrium disrupted to the point of inducing vomiting. This effect lasts until the end of the opponent's next post.
Too much of a strong effect for its rank. I'd advise dropping it down to minor disorientation, and needs a strength requisite.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Winter Maelstrom]
A-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Winter Blizzard].
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance further builds upon further sharpening and refining the practitioner's capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand. The level of skill the practitioner has attained allows the practitioner to effectively attack and block from a neutral stance without any detriment. While in this Stance, the practitioner can effortlessly ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore extreme heat, extreme cold, moderate oxygen deprivation, and even extreme pain. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning very accurately in this stance, and they are able to read the direction, the type, the timing, and the speed of an attack that is imminent. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if their Taijutsu stat is higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat.
Don't see why this is needed since the B-rank does this exact thing, this just allows them to ignore stronger distractions. Seems largely irrelevant to keep a string of these. I'd advise just keeping the B-rank move reading jutsu, and then a high rank discipline for ignoring distractions.
Quote:
*[Zantou • Frost Dragon's Roar]
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 30 Taijutsu, 30 Instinct,, *[Zantou • Frostbitten Howl].
Zantou harnesses the inner strength of its warrior to cause the opponent to lose hold of their senses. A more advanced version of its parent technique, the practitioner unleashes a mighty kiai, which overloads the opponent’s senses with violently vibrating air currents entering their ear canals. Opponents within fifteen meters of the practitioner must have a higher average of their Taijutsu and Instinct stats, rounded up, than the practitioner's Taijutsu stat to resist the effect of this technique. Otherwise, any opponents in range of the technique will quickly lose consciousness, passing out completely by the end of the post.
Gonna say no to making people lose consciousness when they hear you shout. That's too strong for an A-rank, should require a strength requisite, and a strength/stamina battle if they'll make it or not, that scales damage based on the opponent's stamina. Going unconscious should be reserved for weak people about 15 stats and below.
Quote:
*[Zantou Ougi • Eternal Winter]
S-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite(s): 39 Taijutsu, 39 Instinct, must be learned in the Frost Country Dojo or taught by someone who trained there, 10 Zantou Kenjutsu techniques.
Building upon its parent technique, this Stance sharpens and refines the practitioner's already considerable capacity to focus on the opponent and the task at hand to the finest point. The level of skill the practitioner has attained allows the practitioner to effectively attack and block from a neutral stance without any detriment. While in this Stance, the practitioner can effortlessly ignore non-critical distractions, focusing solely on the opponent(s). They also are able to ignore all environmental conditions, all forms of pain, and operate within a vacuum or oxygen-void environments up to a number of posts equal to their Stamina stat. They can read the opponents' muscle contractions and body positioning with pinpoint accuracy in this Stance, and they are able to read the direction, the type, the timing, the speed, and the strength of an attack that is imminent. They are also able to read sudden shifts in muscle contractions very easily, able to perceive almost any feint. The opponent can still effectively mask their movements if their Taijutsu stat is higher than the practitioner’s Instinct stat. Most importantly, however, is this Stance’s ability to break illusions which plague the practitioner’s mind. By torquing every muscle in their body, the practitioner can momentarily place pressure on every single nerve ending and cluster in their body. While this can cause excruciating pain, being equivalent to the pain of death, this can allow the practitioner to break free from all genjutsu except for Overlay genjutsu. Using this function of the Stance immediately ends the technique, and while the practitioner still remains concious and able to fight, the practitioner cannot use this technique for a number of posts equal to their Taijutsu stat due to extreme muscle fatigue and mental strain.
If you're going to put yourself on death's door via muscle strength alone then this needs to be a heavenly taijutsu. Also should take a stamina penalty for the rest of the thread that's fairly hefty, like maybe -10 stamina for being able to kai out. Also needs the stat battle user's Instinct vs opponents [Taijutsu+Speed]/2, and even if you can read it it does not mean they'll be able to react.
Feel free to DM me with any questions, I know its quite a lot, and we can work through it piece by piece.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by Niro » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:33 pm

Crashing Blizzard

Rising Blizzard

Wolf Pack Howl <- All three mention accelerating to max speed instantly which requires a Str ≥ Spd requirement

Polar Bear Claw - should be their [stam+str]/2 vs your str, should have the disorientation just be a tai debuff appropriate for the rank.

Polar bear pursuit - same as claw

Polar bear roar - should be based on str not tai

Frosrbitten howl - same as claw/pursuit

Frost dragons fangs - remove last line, it is implied

Frost dragons roar - same as claw/pursuit/howl
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

ShinobiTruth

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:15 pm

Alright, so edited all of the Blizzard techs, the Wolf Pack tech, Polar Bear Roar tech, and Dragon Fangs tech. For the rest of them (the disorientation debuff), I need to clarify why I'm specifically going for the disorientation instead of a simple debuff.

So the -Tai debuff, while technically causing the opponent to be less dextrous, isn't the effect that I'm trying to achieve with these techniques. To put it simply, I'm not trying to impact the opponent's ability to react or defend based upon their muscle coordination. I'm trying to impact the opponent's ability to properly move, defend, and evade by targeting their very sense of balance, proprioception, and equilibrium. Essentially, the strategy is to give the opponent an increasingly worsening case of vertigo with each technique stacking the buff until their heads are literally spinning and they're too busy vomiting/are unable to see clearly because their entire world is spinning. Doing a simple -Tai debuff doesn't accomplish that same effect.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by Niro » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:22 pm

Users' sense of balance and propioception would fall under their Taijutsu stat. They would have to role-play out the stat debuff as the disorientation.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by Niro » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:31 pm

1/2
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Rain21199

Zantou Kenjutsu

Post by Rain21199 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:39 pm

2/2

Mamoru Gerudo
Konohagakure - D-Rank

Resu
Owl Country - D-Rank

" A 7 for Zangy for example, is different from a 7 from Envy who is not quite a nuanced writer as Zangy is (sorry Envy), which is different from a 7 for Rain, who has English as his second language." - Onu 2016

Return to “Completed”