[Accepted]The Ol' Switcheroo

Possibly my easiest mod yet?

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:16 pm

Application: Aimi Kaguya

Change: So, I was recently informed that Iaido got an archive update and was sequentially informed that any and all of the old archives that I had were out of date and so now needed to be resubmitted either as customs, or I had to trade in the archives that I currently had for new archives of equal rank. I am opting to do the latter, and trade in all of these:

Trading In:
*[Iaido • Swift Draw]
D-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 5 Taijutsu, 8 Speed
With the most widely recognized attack of Iaido style, the user draws their katana at a very quick speed, making a powerful slash in tangent with the draw. This technique is dependent on the user's overall reaction speed as it is usually only used when an opening presents itself or when the user needs to draw their sword quickly.

*[Iaido • Block]
D-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 8 Speed
A technique developed out of need to protect himself from other weapon users, Block is simple in its use, but highly effective when used right. By partially drawing their sword, the user of this technique is able to use the back of their blade to block incoming weapon attacks should they time it correctly. The user must be careful when using this technique, should the attacker have a high enough strength, this technique could very well shatter the user's weapon.

*[Iaido • Hilt Strike]
D-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
A simple technique, Hilt Strike is designed for moments when the target is to close for the user to fully draw their sword. Gripping their hilt in a downward dagger position, the user will quickly draw their blade out as far as they can, and use the butt of the hilt to strike their target in an attempt to push them back and set them up for their other attacks.

*[Iaido • Cutting The Eyes]
D-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
A simple, yet very effective technique, Cutting The Eyes is a Line Draw aimed at the target's eyes. The user attempts to horizontally slash the target's eyes in order to remove their eyesight.

*[Iaido • Line Draw]
D-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
The technique is recognized by its signature stance of one hand just below the opening of the katana sheath and the other firmly on the sword. Drawing the sword in one swift motion, the user creates a horizontal or vertical slash in front of themselves before sheathing the sword, often chaining these strikes together for greater effect.

*[Iaido • Clash Draw]
C-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 15 Speed, 10 Instinct
In this technique, the user assumes a firm stance and then draws their weapon in an upward arc. This sort of draw makes it easy to bat away projectiles moving at a Speed equal to or lower than the user's Speed and Instinct stats. This also enables the user to cut through advancing techniques or to clash with an opponent's weapon. This movement, however, may leave the user without the ability to sheath his weapon for some time, limiting the effectiveness of their techniques until they can

*[Iaido • Double Back Draw]
C-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 15 Speed
The technique realizes the concept of a draw's momentum increasing attack speed rather than the technique of drawing itself. With this concept, the user draws their weapon and then makes an upwards slash followed by a second downward slash, and then an immediate re-sheath. This causes two deep diagonal cuts in the direction of the draw and re-sheath that happen near instantaneously.

*[Iaido • Snap Draw]
C-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 15 Taijutsu, 15 Speed
With a honed body capable of producing torque within the user's muscles, the user is capable of achieving a 'Blurred Sword' effect in an attack. The user draws their sword with such speed and power that the strike itself is incredibly difficult to notice without a high amount of instinct.

*[Iaido • Breakneck Sheath]
B-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 25 Speed
Through incredible amounts of practice the user of this technique has gained such a vast knowledge of Iaido and their sheath in particular that they have perfected the art of sheathing their sword. As such, they can sheath their weapon single handed if need be, and can do so with the same blinding speed that they would deliver a slash with, allowing them to chain together attacks with even more speed than before.

*[Iaido • Execution Draw]
A-Rank Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 30 speed, 30 Taijutsu
In a single moment, the user of this technique delivers a series of six blindingly fast slashes, all aimed at specific vital locations. First the user unsheaths their blade in a diagonal slash aimed to bisect their chest, then using the same momentum for the next five slashes, twists their wrist to bring the blade back across the stomach, throat, thighs and chest before finishing the assault with a slash aimed to bisect the pelvic cradle before immediately resheathing the blade in the same motion as the final slash. By twisting the wrist and maintaining momentum throughout the combination attack, each slash is made as if the blade had just been unsheathed, and the entire attack occurs in less than a second. If even one of these slashes land solidly it could easily prove to be fatal.
... With all of these.
All of These:
*[Iaido • Ambidexterity]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
After practicing for a long amount of time with the concept of using both of their hands with equal skill, the user has developed a level of ambidexterity that allows them to utilize both hands equally and as effectively without any penalty. This extends to other methods of combat or simple everyday life as well

**[Iaido • One with the Sheath]
Prerequisite(s): 8 Speed, 8 Instinct.
The practitioner has learned how to more quickly and efficiently sheath his blades. The practitioner can now seamlessly transition from drawing their blade to slash to sheathing their blade, allowing the practitioner to sheath their sword in half the time, up to a maximum speed equal to their Speed score, for the more rapid execution of Iaido techniques.

*[Iaido • Mantra]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A simple yet potent defense, especially against other weapons users, the practitioner partially draws the sword from its scabbard and blocks incoming attacks with the back of their blade. This technique is ineffective against opponents with higher Strength than the practitioner's Strength.

*[Iaido • Last Rites]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A defensive technique particularly useful when an opponent is close to the practitioner or is clinching them in a grapple, the practitioner grabs the hilt of their sword with a reverse grip and rams the butt or pommel of the hilt into the opponent's body, pushing the opponent back a number of meters equal to the difference between their Strength scores. Conversely, against opponents with higher Strength than their own, the practitioner can use this technique to push themselves back a number of meters equal to their own Strength score. The speed and simplicity of the attack can push opponents away and give the practitioner the needed space to set up additional attacks.

*[Iaido • Clouding Eyes]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 8 Speed.
A simple technique meant to cripple the target's vision, the practitioner draws the sword from its scabbard and aims a quick slash at the eyes. This technique can be done in any single direction to either target one or both of the opponent's eyes.

*[Iaido • One with the Sword]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): *[Iaido • One with the Sheath].
The practitioner has learned how to more quickly and efficiently sheath his blades even without the use of both hands. The practitioner can now sheath the blade just as quickly with one hand as could be done with two hands, and so long as the scabbard remains on their person, the practitioner will always have an exact knowledge of the position of their scabbard.

*[Iaido • Death’s Gate]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Speed, 15 Instinct.
Drawing upon the superlative speed of Iaido, the practitioner momentarily torques the muscles in their body to draw their sword from its scabbard and deliver a blindingly fast slash before sheathing their blade. Properly reading this attack requires the opponent to have an average between their Instinct and Speed score, rounded up, higher than the practitioner's Speed. Otherwise, they cannot accurately read the attack and will be unlikely to completely avoid the attack, if at all.

*[Iaido • Peace in Death]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Speed, 15 Instinct.
An abnormally aggressive technique in Iaido, this technique serves as a preemptive counter, attacking the opponent in the split moment between drawing back to prepare an attack and launching said attack. Violently torquing the muscles in their legs, the practitioner more quickly accelerates to their maximum speed (or instantly accelerating to their max speed if their Strength is equal or higher than their Speed) than with normal movement. With this movement, the practitioner bolts toward the opponent and launches an attack, cutting the opponent as they pass to their side. This technique can be used while moving to immediately change direction instead before launching the attack. This technique is ineffective against opponent's with an average of their Taijutsu and Speed stats, rounded up, higher than the practitioner's Speed stat.

*[Iaido • Silent Passing]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): *[Iaido • Death’s Gates].
Unlike most of Iaido's techniques, Silent Passing is not particularly useful in the heat of combat. Instead, it is an attack meant to be executed from a standing position, such as while casually walking towards an opponent. Once in close enough proximity to the opponent, the practitioner draws their sword, strikes the opponent's opening, and sheaths their blade with such speed, it appears to the untrained eye that the practitioner continued to simply walk past their target. Properly reading this attack requires the opponent to have an average between their Instinct and Speed score, rounded up, higher than the practitioner's Speed. Otherwise, the opponent will not be capable of fully avoiding this attack if they are in range without some sort of passive defense.

*[Iaido • Sword Spirit Draw]
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Overwhelming the opponent with a literal shower of high-speed slashes, the practitioner torques the muscles in their arm to draw their sword and continue to assault the opponent's defenses with a seemingly unending wave of slashes. By torquing the muscles in the arm and twisting the wrist when changing the direction of the slash, each strike of the sword is as fast as if it had been drawn from its scabbard. This technique can be used while moving, and the practitioner can feint strikes within the flurry to throw the opponent off-guard. This technique can be used for up to three posts.
... And while I'm at it, I"m gonna go ahead and buy these two 'cause they're cool and I want the complete set.

*[Iaido • Fading Touch]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
An extension of the disabling effects of Clouding Eyes, the practitioner draws the sword from the scabbard and slashes at the opponent's arms or elbows. Landing this technique can sever the muscles and tendons connecting in their arm, rendering the opponent's arm useless. This penalty lasts until the opponent is able to receive medical attention.

*[Iaido • Deathly Weight]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
An extension of the disabling effects of Clouding Eyes, the practitioner draws the sword from its scabbard and slashes at the back of the opponent's leg, severing the muscles and tendons responsible for walking and supporting their weight., rendering the opponent unable to walk on the targeted leg. This penalty lasts until the opponent is able to receive medical attention.

And that's it! It's just a lot of copying and pasting, no reviews needed. :)

Payment: Kao said I could in the Q&A section on Discord :) And also 4 points off of my profile for the 2 D ranks.

NocodesShow
*[color=#8B658B][b][Iaido • Ambidexterity][/b][/color]
After practicing for a long amount of time with the concept of using both of their hands with equal skill, the user has developed a level of ambidexterity that allows them to utilize both hands equally and as effectively without any penalty. This extends to other methods of combat or simple everyday life as well

*[b][color=#8B658B]*[Iaido • One with the Sheath][/color][/b]
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]8 Speed, 8 Instinct.[/i]
The practitioner has learned how to more quickly and efficiently sheath his blades. The practitioner can now seamlessly transition from drawing their blade to slash to sheathing their blade, allowing the practitioner to sheath their sword in half the time, up to a maximum speed equal to their Speed score, for the more rapid execution of Iaido techniques.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Mantra][/color][/b]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A simple yet potent defense, especially against other weapons users, the practitioner partially draws the sword from its scabbard and blocks incoming attacks with the back of their blade. This technique is ineffective against opponents with higher Strength than the practitioner's Strength.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Last Rites][/color][/b]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
A defensive technique particularly useful when an opponent is close to the practitioner or is clinching them in a grapple, the practitioner grabs the hilt of their sword with a reverse grip and rams the butt or pommel of the hilt into the opponent's body, pushing the opponent back a number of meters equal to the difference between their Strength scores. Conversely, against opponents with higher Strength than their own, the practitioner can use this technique to push themselves back a number of meters equal to their own Strength score. The speed and simplicity of the attack can push opponents away and give the practitioner the needed space to set up additional attacks.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Clouding Eyes][/color][/b]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]8 Speed.[/i]
A simple technique meant to cripple the target's vision, the practitioner draws the sword from its scabbard and aims a quick slash at the eyes. This technique can be done in any single direction to either target one or both of the opponent's eyes.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Fading Touch][/color][/b]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
An extension of the disabling effects of Clouding Eyes, the practitioner draws the sword from the scabbard and slashes at the opponent's arms or elbows. Landing this technique can sever the muscles and tendons connecting in their arm, rendering the opponent's arm useless. This penalty lasts until the opponent is able to receive medical attention.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Deathly Weight][/color][/b]
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
An extension of the disabling effects of Clouding Eyes, the practitioner draws the sword from its scabbard and slashes at the back of the opponent's leg, severing the muscles and tendons responsible for walking and supporting their weight., rendering the opponent unable to walk on the targeted leg. This penalty lasts until the opponent is able to receive medical attention.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • One with the Sword][/color][/b]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#8B658B][i][Iaido • One with the Sheath].[/i][/color]
The practitioner has learned how to more quickly and efficiently sheath his blades even without the use of both hands. The practitioner can now sheath the blade just as quickly with one hand as could be done with two hands, and so long as the scabbard remains on their person, the practitioner will always have an exact knowledge of the position of their scabbard.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Death’s Gate][/color][/b]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]15 Speed, 15 Instinct.[/i]
Drawing upon the superlative speed of Iaido, the practitioner momentarily torques the muscles in their body to draw their sword from its scabbard and deliver a blindingly fast slash before sheathing their blade. Properly reading this attack requires the opponent to have an average between their Instinct and Speed score, rounded up, higher than the practitioner's Speed. Otherwise, they cannot accurately read the attack and will be unlikely to completely avoid the attack, if at all.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Peace in Death][/color][/b]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] [i]15 Speed, 15 Instinct.[/i]
An abnormally aggressive technique in Iaido, this technique serves as a preemptive counter, attacking the opponent in the split moment between drawing back to prepare an attack and launching said attack. Violently torquing the muscles in their legs, the practitioner more quickly accelerates to their maximum speed (or instantly accelerating to their max speed if their Strength is equal or higher than their Speed) than with normal movement. With this movement, the practitioner bolts toward the opponent and launches an attack, cutting the opponent as they pass to their side. This technique can be used while moving to immediately change direction instead before launching the attack. This technique is ineffective against opponent's with an average of their Taijutsu and Speed stats, rounded up, higher than the practitioner's Speed stat.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Silent Passing][/color][/b]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite(s):[/b] *[color=#8B658B][i][Iaido • Death’s Gates].[/i][/color]
Unlike most of Iaido's techniques, Silent Passing is not particularly useful in the heat of combat. Instead, it is an attack meant to be executed from a standing position, such as while casually walking towards an opponent. Once in close enough proximity to the opponent, the practitioner draws their sword, strikes the opponent's opening, and sheaths their blade with such speed, it appears to the untrained eye that the practitioner continued to simply walk past their target. Properly reading this attack requires the opponent to have an average between their Instinct and Speed score, rounded up, higher than the practitioner's Speed. Otherwise, the opponent will not be capable of fully avoiding this attack if they are in range without some sort of passive defense.

*[b][color=#8B658B][Iaido • Sword Spirit Draw][/color][/b]
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Overwhelming the opponent with a literal shower of high-speed slashes, the practitioner torques the muscles in their arm to draw their sword and continue to assault the opponent's defenses with a seemingly unending wave of slashes. By torquing the muscles in the arm and twisting the wrist when changing the direction of the slash, each strike of the sword is as fast as if it had been drawn from its scabbard. This technique can be used while moving, and the practitioner can feint strikes within the flurry to throw the opponent off-guard. This technique can be used for up to three posts.
Last edited by Golnax on Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ace Trainer

The Ol' Switcheroo

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:00 pm

1/2
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

The Ol' Switcheroo

Post by Niro » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:27 pm

If you're buying the last two won't they have a cost whether it be points or a training thread?
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Kao

Post by Kao » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:26 pm

Doesn't take your 1/2. Accepted