Sage of Ego

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:18 am

Application: Aimi Kaguya

Change: Finally taking up my third ability slot with nothing less than a Sage Mode, an all original Sage Mode™ at that!

Additionally, as it is intrinsically linked to this third ability, I will also be adding a custom concentration to be evaluated - Ichimonji. I'll also be adding a couple of other concentrations that are required for it and also, while I'm at it, just basically be rounding off what few concentration slots I have left because let's face it I've got a lot on my plate and the most I can put into this mod the better.

I will not, however, be adding any custom jutsu to this mod. That can come at a later date. For now, I just want the concentrations added/subtracted as need be and the custom concentration/ability reviewed and preapproved. Yes I am aware that I'll need to do a thread of some sort to earn this, no I do not have a problem with that, yes I understand that even once I get this ability approved and the thread to earn it done and over with I'll have to train/buy the stats in order to use it. I. Am. Pre. Pared.

ALSO! Some superficial changes to Aimi's character, SUCH AS! Changing his points to Ryo on the app, thereby getting 2 extra Ryo (score!) and changing his age from 25 to 30 ALA the Great War Timeskip. Please and thank you!

Let the games begin.

Removing the following Concentration:
Projectile Weapons:
The fundamental skill of [Projectile Weapons] indicates the user’s proficiency with weapons designed to attack from afar, such as bows, shuriken, senbon, launchers and the like. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.
Had some cool ideas for this, but whatever, this is cooler. Can't have everything.

Adding the following concentrations:
Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu:
Charge& Augment Fuuinjutsu
This user is able to utilize Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu, making it possible for them to utilize any jutsu with the Charge & Augment Classification. Charge Fuuinjutsu are used to create jutsu-like effects using seals. Augment Fuuinjutsu are used to enhance or limit the power of whatever they are placed on.
Ranged Fuuinjutsu:
Ranged Fuuinjutsu
By taking this concentration this user is able to use a medium to draw fuuinjutsu from long ranges, allowing them to place fuuinjutsu without being directly in contact with the surface they'd like to place the fuuinjutsu on.
Adding the following custom ability:
Sage of EgoShow
Sage of Ego:
Senninka • Jiga no Kenja [Sage Mode Transformation • Sage of Ego/Identity]
After spending nearly a century trapped within the world of spirits, Aimi Kaguya has emerged permanently changed. His hair has reverted back to its’ original, natural color of golden blond and his chakra, too, has permanently changed colors from blue to metallic gold. In addition to these physical changes, Aimi has gained the ability to create and manipulate Sage Chakra, or nature energy, for the purposes of utilizing senjutsu and entering Sage Mode. When in Sage Mode, red tattoo-like lines appear on his body – namely his torso, right arm and left leg. Additionally, when gathering or utilizing nature energy for jutsu, the natural world around him reacts to his presence. This can be as subtle as grass bending away from him in his presence to causing stones to quake or the local weather to momentarily change.

In addition to these physical changes to his body and surroundings, Aimi gains the ability to utilize Ichimonji [One Written Character]. This release is one formed of pure sage chakra and thus has no elemental passive of its’ own, making it uniquely resistant to other forms of elemental jutsu while not being more effective against any other as well in the same way that Ninpou is. Finally, Aimi's chakra was changed on a fundamental level beyond the use of senjutsu as a "prank" of sorts by the Blind Idiot God. This change in chakra allows Aimi to use Kuuton ninjutsu without the need for Fuuton. These releases, and the use of senjutsu, are all linked to a new stat - Enlightenment. The amount of Enlightenment Aimi has determines both his Sage Mode forms and what rank of Senjutsu and Kuuton ninjutsu he can use, though in both cases jutsu are still primarily linked to his Control stat.
  • Sage of Ego Forms
  • Form 1 – 10 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower
  • Form 2 – 20 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength
  • Form 3 – 30 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed
  • Form 4 – 40 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed, +5 Endurance
  • Form 5 – 50 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed, +5 Endurance, +5 Control

• Enlightenment
  • 10 Enlightenment: Access to Sage Chakra
  • 20 Enlightenment: Access to C-ranked Senjutsu Techniques
  • 30 Enlightenment: Access to B-ranked Senjutsu Techniques
  • 40 Enlightenment: Access to A-ranked Senjutsu Techniques
  • 50 Enlightenment: Access to S-ranked Senjutsu Techniques
Adding the following custom concentration:
IchimonjiShow
Ichimonji:
Senpo • Ichimonji [Sage Art • One Written Character]
Aimi is able to utilize Ichimonji, a ninpou release that can only be used during sage mode. This release allows him to manipulate identity, reshaping reality in unique ways that are tied to names, the lack of a name and words for a variety of purposes, allowing him to manipulate the properties of of people, objects, jutsu or even the environment around them by way of writing on them. The ways in which reality can be altered can be categorized into three different forms: Curses, Commands and Compassions, detailed further below. However, much like Jikukan, Space/Time, ninjutsu, the universe is self correcting and these changes to reality rarely if ever have lasting effects. Additionally, the majority of Ichimonji senjutsu must be initiated by way of writing, much in the way of Fuuinjutsu, unless specifically stated otherwise. All Ichimonji senjutsu which requires writing to be activated have the same general characteristics; those characteristics include the following:
  • All Ichimonji senjutsu consist of a single calligraphic character. This means that full sentences cannot be written out, such as "Will break in 3 days". They are restricted to a single word. The only exceptions to this rule is when names themselves are written or erased, or when no writing is required for the jutsu in question.
  • Writing the word or name is not enough to initiate the jutsu fully. In order to fully initiate an Ichimonji jutsu, a circle must be drawn around the character or name as well, creating a seal that initiates the jutsu like the symbols used in Fuuinjutsu.
  • Once the character is encircled, the jutsu is activated and thus takes sage chakra from the user.
  • Ichimonji jutsu can only be one of the three types - Curses, Compassions or Commands. They cannot be "curse commands" or "command compassions" for example.
  • The reality altering effects of these senjutsu can be resisted to a degree in a similar manner as genjutsu, meaning that all Ichimonji senjutsu that impose an effect on a sentient, individual character can be resisted with the [Willpower] stat.
  • Ichimonji is an advancement on regular Fuuinjutsu and thus follows all of the same rules for each type of Fuuinjutsu as a base on top of its own unique rules.
  • As Ichimonji is a "super concentration" of Fuuinjutsu, Ichimonji senjutsu are subject to any sort of Fuuinjutsu removal techniques with the important difference being that should a form of ninjutsu be utilized the user must have greater than or equal [Willpower] than Aimi's [Control] to remove the seal. This does not mean that a specific variant of a Fuuinjutsu removal technique must be created and used but rather that an additional stat check is placed on the existing technique on top of any other conditions of the jutsu.
Because of the seal-like nature of Ichimonji as a medium for senjutsu, Aimi is also required to have Storage and Force Fuuinjutsu, Charge and Augmentation Fuuinjutsu, and Ranged Fuuinjutsu concentrations. Below are descriptions of the types of Ichimonji senjutsu.
  • Curses: Ichimonji senjutsu which can change the material makeup of the surface the character is written on temporarily. This enables the user to change the nature of objects and body parts that the user writes the single character on. Examples of this include allowing the user to change the makeup of their own skin into something harder to increase its defensive strength, or transforming a wall of earth into paper to reduce its strength. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows, and techniques which affect stats will apply buff and debuff rules as normal. These changes can be resisted through the regular Willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.
  • Compassions: Ichimonji senjutsu which can alter the properties that something possesses. This enables the user to change the way that a surface interacts with the world without changing the nature of the surface itself. Examples of this include using a single character Ichimonji seal to cause a sheet of ice to be hot to the touch, or causing a feather to be as hard as rock. These changes do not change the nature of the object itself, meaning if external heat were applied to the ice sheet it will still melt because it is still ice, and the feather remains flammable despite being as hard as rock, because it isn’t rock it’s just been given that hardness. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows, and techniques which affect stats will apply buff and debuff rules as normal. These changes can be resisted through the regular willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.
  • Commands: Ichimonji senjutsu which can alter the capacity that something has. This type of Ichimonji seal primarily is for use on sentient creatures. Commands are capable of sealing away certain capacities that a person possesses, with the rank of the technique creating the seal reflecting the importance of the capability that is hampered. Examples of this includes inscribing a command seal with the character fire to seal away the ability to manipulate flames, which may weaken a person’s katon techniques or possibly remove them entirely depending on rank and resistance. Another example may be the ability to remove the target’s capacity to tell friend from foe, causing them to forget whose side they are on. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows and can be resisted through the regular willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.
The following is a list of all styles of Ninjutsu, with or without stipulations, which Ichimonji senjutsu can affect:
SpoilerShow
Ash
Chalk
Chiton
Doton
Fuuton
Katon
Kouton
Mist
Raiton
Salt
Sand
Sankaton
Suiton
Youton
Garaton
Hyouton - specifically anything that's ice, rather than something temperature based purely
Yugeton
Mokuton
Webbing
Ranton
Fuuinjutsu - being a 'super extension' of Fuuinjutsu it only makes sense to me that Ichimonji could be used, potentially, to interact with the lesser forms
Shouton
Mud
Ink

Payment: No payment needed? This is basically just a pre-approval mod, to have this reviewed and ultimately put on my characters' profile once it's all understood and sorted out.
Last edited by Golnax on Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:11 pm

No codes:
Concentration No CodesShow
[quote=Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu][color=#444F51][b]Charge& Augment Fuuinjutsu[/b][/color]
This user is able to utilize Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu, making it possible for them to utilize any jutsu with the Charge & Augment Classification. Charge Fuuinjutsu are used to create jutsu-like effects using seals. Augment Fuuinjutsu are used to enhance or limit the power of whatever they are placed on.[/quote]

[quote=Ranged Fuuinjutsu]
[b]Ranged Fuuinjutsu[/b]
By taking this concentration this user is able to use a medium to draw fuuinjutsu from long ranges, allowing them to place fuuinjutsu without being directly in contact with the surface they'd like to place the fuuinjutsu on.[/quote]

[quote=Ichimonji][color=gold][b][u]Senpo • Ichimonji[/u][/b][/color] [b][Sage Art • One Written Character][/b]
Aimi is able to utilize Ichimonji, a ninpou release that can only be used during sage mode. This release allows him to manipulate [i]identity[/i], reshaping reality in unique ways that are tied to names, the lack of a name and words for a variety of purposes, allowing him to manipulate the properties of of people, objects, jutsu or even the environment around them by way of writing on them. The ways in which reality can be altered can be categorized into three different forms: Curses, Commands and Compassions, detailed further below. However, much like Jikukan, Space/Time, ninjutsu, the universe is self correcting and these changes to reality rarely if ever have lasting effects. Additionally, the majority of Ichimonji senjutsu must be initiated by way of writing, much in the way of Fuuinjutsu, unless specifically stated otherwise. All Ichimonji senjutsu which requires writing to be activated have the same general characteristics; those characteristics include the following:
[list][*]All Ichimonji senjutsu consist of a single calligraphic character. This means that full sentences cannot be written out, such as "Will break in 3 days". They are restricted to a single word. The only exceptions to this rule is when names themselves are written or erased, or when no writing is required for the jutsu in question.
[*]Writing the word or name is not enough to initiate the jutsu fully. In order to fully initiate an Ichimonji jutsu, a circle must be drawn around the character or name as well, creating a seal that initiates the jutsu like the symbols used in Fuuinjutsu.
[*]Once the character is encircled, the jutsu is activated and thus takes sage chakra from the user.
[*]Ichimonji jutsu can [i]only[/i] be one of the three types - Curses, Compassions or Commands. They cannot be "curse commands" or "command compassions" for example.
[*]The reality altering effects of these senjutsu can be resisted to a degree in a similar manner as genjutsu, meaning that all Ichimonji senjutsu that impose an effect on a sentient, individual character can be resisted with the [Willpower] stat.
[*]Ichimonji is an advancement on regular Fuuinjutsu and thus follows all of the same rules for each type of Fuuinjutsu as a base on top of its own unique rules.
[*]As Ichimonji is a "super concentration" of Fuuinjutsu, Ichimonji senjutsu are subject to any sort of Fuuinjutsu removal techniques with the important difference being that should a form of ninjutsu be utilized the user must have greater than or equal [Willpower] than Aimi's [Control] to remove the seal. This does not mean that a specific variant of a Fuuinjutsu removal technique must be created and used but rather that an additional stat check is placed on the existing technique on top of any other conditions of the jutsu.
[/list]

Because of the seal-like nature of Ichimonji as a medium for senjutsu, Aimi is also required to have [b]Storage and Force Fuuinjutsu[/b], [b]Charge and Augmentation Fuuinjutsu[/b], and [b]Ranged Fuuinjutsu[/b] concentrations. Below are descriptions of the types of Ichimonji senjutsu.

[list][*] [b]Curses:[/b] Ichimonji senjutsu which can change the material makeup of the surface the character is written on temporarily. This enables the user to change the nature of objects and body parts that the user writes the single character on. Examples of this include allowing the user to change the makeup of their own skin into something harder to increase its defensive strength, or transforming a wall of earth into paper to reduce its strength. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows, and techniques which affect stats will apply buff and debuff rules as normal. These changes can be resisted through the regular Willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.
[*] [b]Compassions:[/b] Ichimonji senjutsu which can alter the properties that something possesses. This enables the user to change the way that a surface interacts with the world without changing the nature of the surface itself. Examples of this include using a single character Ichimonji seal to cause a sheet of ice to be hot to the touch, or causing a feather to be as hard as rock. These changes do not change the nature of the object itself, meaning if external heat were applied to the ice sheet it will still melt because it is still ice, and the feather remains flammable despite being as hard as rock, because it isn’t rock it’s just been given that hardness. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows, and techniques which affect stats will apply buff and debuff rules as normal. These changes can be resisted through the regular willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.
[*][b]Commands:[/b] Ichimonji senjutsu which can alter the capacity that something has. This type of Ichimonji seal primarily is for use on sentient creatures. Commands are capable of sealing away certain capacities that a person possesses, with the rank of the technique creating the seal reflecting the importance of the capability that is hampered. Examples of this includes inscribing a command seal with the character fire to seal away the ability to manipulate flames, which may weaken a person’s katon techniques or possibly remove them entirely depending on rank and resistance. Another example may be the ability to remove the target’s capacity to tell friend from foe, causing them to forget whose side they are on. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows and can be resisted through the regular willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.[/list]

The following is a list of all styles of Ninjutsu, with or without stipulations, which Ichimonji senjutsu can affect:
[spoiler]Ash
Chalk
Chiton
Doton
Fuuton
Katon
Kouton
Mist
Raiton
Salt
Sand
Sankaton
Suiton
Youton
Garaton
Hyouton - specifically anything that's ice, rather than something temperature based purely
Yugeton
Mokuton
Webbing
Ranton
Fuuinjutsu - being a 'super extension' of Fuuinjutsu it only makes sense to me that Ichimonji could be used, potentially, to interact with the lesser forms
Shouton
Mud
Ink[/spoiler][/quote]
Ability NocodeShow
[quote=Sage of Ego][color=gold][b]Senninka • Jiga no Kenja [Sage Mode Transformation • Sage of Ego/Identity][/b][/color]
After spending nearly a century trapped within the world of spirits, Aimi Kaguya has emerged permanently changed. His hair has reverted back to its’ original, natural color of golden blond and his chakra, too, has permanently changed colors from blue to metallic gold. In addition to these physical changes, Aimi has gained the ability to create and manipulate [i]Sage Chakra[/i], or nature energy, for the purposes of utilizing senjutsu and entering [i]Sage Mode[/i]. When in [i]Sage Mode[/i], red tattoo-like lines appear on his body – namely his torso, right arm and left leg. Additionally, when gathering or utilizing nature energy for jutsu, the natural world around him reacts to his presence. This can be as subtle as grass bending away from him in his presence to causing stones to quake or the local weather to momentarily change.

In addition to these physical changes to his body and surroundings, Aimi gains the ability to utilize [b][i]Ichimonji[/i] [One Written Character][/b]. This release is one formed of pure [i]sage chakra[/i] and thus has no elemental passive of its’ own, making it uniquely resistant to other forms of elemental jutsu while not being more effective against any other as well in the same way that Ninpou is. Finally, Aimi's chakra was changed on a fundamental level beyond the use of senjutsu as a "prank" of sorts by the Blind Idiot God. This change in chakra allows Aimi to use Kuuton ninjutsu without the need for Fuuton. These releases, and the use of senjutsu, are all linked to a new stat - Enlightenment. The amount of Enlightenment Aimi has determines both his [i]Sage Mode[/i] forms and what rank of Senjutsu and Kuuton ninjutsu he can use, though in both cases jutsu are still primarily linked to his Control stat.

[list][b][u]Sage of Ego Forms[/u][/b]
[*] Form 1 – 10 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower
[*] Form 2 – 20 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength
[*] Form 3 – 30 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed
[*] Form 4 – 40 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed, +5 Endurance
[*] Form 5 – 50 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed, +5 Endurance, +5 Control[/list]

[list][b][u]Enlightenment[/u][/b]
[*] 10 Enlightenment: Access to [i]Sage Chakra[/i]
[*] 20 Enlightenment: Access to C-ranked [i]Senjutsu Techniques[/i]
[*] 30 Enlightenment: Access to B-ranked [i]Senjutsu Techniques[/i]
[*] 40 Enlightenment: Access to A-ranked [i]Senjutsu Techniques[/i]
[*] 50 Enlightenment: Access to S-ranked [i]Senjutsu Techniques[/i][/list][/quote]
Last edited by Golnax on Sun Jun 13, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ace Trainer

Sage of Ego

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 pm

Can you give examples of jutsu from the ability?

I also think you might benefit from doing this like Genma and having 3 "phases" you can move through, unlocking each type of Ichimonji as you move through them. I'm imagining you'll be buying all 50 stats so it won't matter but but I prefer the consistency of what would be expected if you didn't.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:55 am

I can, but only on the caveat that they aren't reviewed just yet! Free preview to give you mods an idea of what I'm on about.

I understand but I don't understand what you mean by the 3 phases exactly. Like I get that you think separating Curses, Compassions and Commands would probably help balance things and perhaps even further emphasize different parts of the sage mode, but I'm more confused on the how of doing that. Could you give an example or explain it further?

Here's 3 sample jutsu for Ichimonji.

Ichimonji Command • Calligraphy Ink
C-Ranked Senjutsu
Aimi channels sage chakra into a tool of some sort, be it a kunai, a brush, a sword, etc. The sage chakra manifests itself as a gold, ink-like liquid on the tip of the tool. This ‘ink’ can be used in further Ichimonji senjutsu.

Ichimonji Curse • Self-Name Curse
B-Ranked Senjutsu Discipline
Activated as soon as Aimi enters Sage Mode, immediately consuming a B-Ranks’ worth of sage chakra, this discipline courses nature energy in and around his body, making it so that anyone who is within 40 meters of the Aimi who speaks his name will be unable to speak for the remainder of the thread. Their vocal chords will still work and will vibrate if they try to speak, but no sound will escape their lips no matter how hard they try. This effect only takes place if Aimi’s [Control] is greater than the targets’ [Willpower].

Ichimonji Compassion • Limb Reconstitution
A-Ranked Senjutsu
Prerequisite: [Regeneration Arts: Focused Regeneration]
A variation on [Regeneration Arts: Focused Regeneration] using sage chakra, Aimi will focus his latent nature energy towards a single goal: healing. Where this healing takes place golden sage chakra will appear, covering the wound and taking the shape of what the body should be after it finishes regenerating. To initiate this jutsu, Aimi must channel his chakra and say the name of the body part he wishes to have healed – arm, leg, torso, etc. So swift and effective is this senjutsu that it can fully reconstitute Aimis’ severed arm in a matter of moments, seeming near instantaneous. This senjutsu reduces the number of posts required to heal any wound by -3.

So I present an example of each different type of Ichimonji senjutsu, Command, Curse and Compassion as well as highlighting the portions of the jutsu that deal with names, if indeed they do. Caligraphy Ink is a Command so it doesn't really do anything one way or the other in terms of altering reality, and the Curse and Compassion both are directly tied to names. This is how the vast majority of Ichimonji jutsu would work, changing reality based on names or descriptors. Also most of them need to be written like fuuinjutsu using a single kanji, single character, to initialize the jutsu. I understand that none of these have writing portions to them, but I felt they were good examples of altering reality based on names regardless.

Gilak

Sage of Ego

Post by Gilak » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 pm

So Basically you are using your 3rd ability slot as a Catch all to give yourself a few things that would come easily with a transformation.
The healing aspect you could pretty much do anyways so its mostly just a boost to how fast you can do it.
The self name curse is basically a AoE of what Danzo did in the show at a higher magnitude.
The calligraphy ink is literally just a way to make ninja tools and basically preform the Air Writing technique used in Fuuinjutsu.
i dont see really a issue with this ability or its related jutsu/concentrations
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
IwagakureFukusha, FudoGenin#FFED38
IwagakureUehara, OhtaGenin#FFCC1E
JinjekuEnkouten, MaketaD - Rank#D62100

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:46 pm

Unfortunately, yeah, I am using my third ability slot to more or less get what I want that I couldn't get another way.

I wanted sage mode so that I could boost one of my stats past 55. The additional Willpower is just cake on top of that.

I also wanted Kuuton... but I didn't have 2 concentration slots left for both fuuton and kuuton, so I'm trying to use this ability slot to get me kuuton still.

And I designed Ichimonji as a sort of 'super extension' for Fuuinjutsu, using its' rules and how it functions and more or less condensing it into a single concentration that can only be used during sage mode. I figured that having a different way to alter reality temporarily that wasn't Space/Time (because it'd be super lame to try and use an ability slot to get Space/Time when I already have Heavenly Body Control) or tenkujutsu could be cool and unique.

Yep, Limb Reconstruction is just a way to make my regeneration a bit better in sage mode at the cost of more chakra.

Uh, kind of yeah, that thing he did that kept Sasuke's throat shut or w/e. That seal was actually cool as heck, why didn't I think of making that?

And yeah, the Caligraphy Ink is just a way to turn a ninja tool of weapon or miscellaneous item into a catalyst for writing Ichimonji jutsu. I suppose I should clarify while I'm at it that the 'ink' make from this tech is meant to be used only with Ichimonji senjutsu, meaning I couldn't use it to write out fuuinjutsu of any other sort. Just sage mode stuff.

hobnob

Sage of Ego

Post by hobnob » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:13 am

The description of Ichimonji states -This release allows him to manipulate identity, reshaping reality in unique ways that are tied to names, descriptors and words for a variety of purposes, allowing him to manipulate the properties of of people, objects, even jutsu - does this mean that it gives you the ability to manipulate other peoples jutsu? Could we get an example if so please
KonohagakureShow
Senju, Noeru - Chuunin - A-Rank
IwagakureShow
Fukusha Kurai - Genin - D-Rank
KumogakureShow
Igarashi Ryoto - Genin - D Rank
SunagakureShow
Ikigai, Itoshii - Genin - D Rank - #C2B280

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:53 pm

Yes, it does mean I'd be able to manipulate other peoples' jutsu - provided certain conditions are met after all. I'll list an example of something I've written up and then go over said conditions.

Ichimonji Curse • Active Nullification
C-Ranked Senjutsu
Prerequisite: Ichimonji Command • Calligraphy Ink
After creating the ‘ink’ using Ichimonji Command • Calligraphy Ink, Aimi will channel sage chakra and swing whatever tool he used to create the ink and send it flying with [Speed] equal to Aimi’s [Strength]. The ink can travel as far and as wide as Aimi’s [Strength] in meters. Any elemental ninjutsu that the ink lands on will have the character “null” appear on it in gold ink before its’ active effect is nullified, rendering the active effect inert for a number of posts equal to Aimi’s [Control/5]. Examples of this would be the burning effect of katon ninjutsu, or the cutting effect of fuuton ninjutsu. This senjutsu is only effective against opposing ninjutsu if Aimi’s [Control] is greater than the targets’ [Control].

Alright so, first jutsu I wrote up for this sort of thing and as you can see I've highlighted how it effects ninjutsu and what needs to happen for that to take place. It only affects elemental ninjutsu, the ink has to actually make contact with the jutsu in question, and Aimi's control needs to be greater than the control of whoever cast the elemental ninjutsu.

Before it's brought up I should say that, yes, potentially I suppose I could theoretically write up an Ichimonji jutsu to effect something non elemental like, say, what the Yamanaka do. Theoretically. Thing about it is that Ichimonji is supposed to obey the rules of Fuuinjutsu for how it effects stuff, meaning that it actually needs to interact with things - IE make a seal, or have ink form a limb to help it regenerate, or say someone's name to keep you from speaking. I have no idea if Fuuinjutsu could be used in any way to effect something like the Yamanaka jutsu and I can tell you with 100% honesty that I have nothing written up that even attempts to go there, as I've only just now thought of the possibility as I'm writing this.

As of right now, I have only written up Ichimonji jutsu that affect other jutsu which are elemental in nature.

hobnob

Sage of Ego

Post by hobnob » Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 pm

Very interesting! How would it work when it came with contact with techniques that use 'natural' elements, for example Kirin - supposedly it can only be used on a rainy day as it requires the natural lightning from the clouds to work? Same thing about a natural fire? For example someone uses jutsu to dry up a forest, which then catches on fire and the user then uses that fire to create a jutsu?

With the Yamanaka thing, I'm sure it would be doable, but you would probably need to ICly figure out how the Yamanaka jutsu work before you can create a seal that will nullify its properties. But at same time, thinking about it, their only external jutsu I remember is the body, mind transfer; how do you modify someones spirit/consciousness?
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:23 pm

Yeah exactly. In theory I could maybe do some identity trickery to switch their target with someone else in the area? By again, that's just theoretical. I have no way of knowing how it would work and no plans in the immediate future to try and make it work.

As far as jutsu with "natural" elements to it... that's a decent question. I can certainly think of ways that Ichimonji jutsu COULD interact with these things, but as for if Active Nullification itself could affect them? I hadn't thought about it. I doubt it would work on Kirin since it's a natural bolt of lightning and would probably be too fast to actually do anything against. Even with 50 speed, sure, I could throw some ink on it but like... it's a natural bolt of lightning. Not a jutsu. It doesn't have an active effect as per the rules of raiton, it's a bolt of lightning. Pretty sure it'd just do what lightning does and that particular jutsu would have no ability to stop it or affect it in any way.

As for the area drying up one, again, that's an interesting question. I know Suna has that Heat clan and this would be something that they would do... but I don't think that you could place a seal on heat itself? I dunno. I suppose I would need to make something like an AOE version of Active Nullification to make it so that things in the specific area don't heat up? There by rendering the aspect of the jutsu "null"? But I'm not 100% sure. Again, I'm not certain that the Heat release has an "active" component to it. It simply is.

Edit: A further addendum to the above statement. There's plenty of stuff I haven't considered, but as for what things can and can't be affected by Ichimonji it becomes a question of the following: Does the jutsu in question have some form of "identity" that can be manipulated, or is it too ethereal for that?

Using Katon as an example, fire's "identity", in an abstract sense (as much of Ichimonji should be considered abstract when applying an identity or ego to something) would be heat, the color of flame, the shape of fire, etc. etc. All of the aspects that make up what a fire IS would be its' "identity", and thus would fall under what could or couldn't be manipulated. Same for Doton, Suiton, Raiton, etc. etc. etc.

More abstract things like Kaenton, Denjiton, Yamanaka jutsu, etc. etc. Would either be wholly immune to Ichimonji, or would need a specific jutsu designed to affect them in some way if indeed they can be affected at all.

If it would please the mods, I could go through the elemental releases and other types of jutsu on site and compile a list of all the ones I think could or couldn't be affected by Ichimonji? It would admittedly be a lot of work on my part, but whatever. When does anything I make not require a lot of work to make functional haha?

hobnob

Sage of Ego

Post by hobnob » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:18 am

Good idea! I'll let the mods comment on that, being able to divert a yamanaka jutsu onto someone else seems pretty serious.

AoE approach is pretty good when dealing with jutsu that don't have any sort of 'identity'. I feel like they would require a jutsu to deal with every type of 'noidentity' jutsu like Kuuton for example. Seeing as the only other metirc Kuuton has other than the usual str/spd based on con is the AoE, especially that Kuuton jutsu are only suppose to be used in an AoE fashion. The effects your jutsu would have on them would have to be reviewed on a per-jutsu basis as they would be pretty complex.

I think making a list of styles that would not be affected is a good idea, but to save you a lot of hassle, just make a list of styles that cam be affected, everything else can be dealt with, and added to the list in the future.

Last thing I wanted to touch on was the 'Commands' part of the concentration. Does this basically mean that you would, in effect, be able to take control of another persons jutsu? meaning 'ichimonji jutsu wraps itself around the great fireball and the user of ichimonji can then throw it back at the one who created the fireball in the first place'?
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:17 pm

No. Ichimonji "commands" are generally neutral in effect and don't actually take control of anything. They're like blanket statements or... facts. Case in point, as per the design philosophy of Ichimonji manipulating names, characteristics and identity, I could not wrest control of a jutsu from someone else using Ichimonji because the concept of "control" has nothing to do with identity in the abstract sense. "Control" is a different form of abstract that has nothing to do with ego.

To put more simply, no, I couldn't make a Ichimonji jutsu that takes control of Fireball no jutsu and redirects it at the original caster or any other variant there of. That's not what Ichimonji is designed to do.

Here is a list of all of the elemental jutsu that I believe Ichimonji would have an effect on:
SpoilerShow
Ash
Chalk
Chiton
Doton
Fuuton
Katon
Kouton
Mist
Raiton
Salt
Sand
Sankaton
Suiton
Youton
Garaton
Yugeton
Mokuton
Webbing
Ranton
Shouton
Mud
Ink
Going through those you should find that they all have common elements between them - that being they all have physical characteristics that can be manipulated in some way, form or fashion. They're not ethereal and all have distinct features that give them their "identity". It's these features that Ichimonji would be able to manipulate.

I'll go ahead and edit this list into the Ichimonji concentration so that it can be referenced from this point onwards.

hobnob

Sage of Ego

Post by hobnob » Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:27 pm

Looks good to me.
1/2
KonohagakureShow
IwagakureShow
KumogakureShow
SunagakureShow

Zangy

Sage of Ego

Post by Zangy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:05 pm

https://discordapp.com/channels/7657400 ... 4930860042
The conversation here sums up a lot of thoughts in regards to how open this ability actually is and how it definitely needs some definition before it is in a place for preapproval.
CodingsShow
Oohazure: [color=#AFAD00][b]""[/b][/color]
Yumegokochi: [center][color=#79CDCD][font=Georgia][big][[sub][/sub]][/big][/font][/color][/center]
Okuure Daisuke: [b][color=#BA7CBC]""[/color][/b]
Kouseki Kazouchi: [b][color=#007D4F]""[/color][/b]

Ace Trainer

Sage of Ego

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:17 pm

So reading through this thread, and I'm a little unclear on what exactly the ability does still. It seems like a pretty open-ended ability that acts as a catch-all. And the jutsu you posted, while a recognize are unrefined examples, do very little to give confidence in what they do. How its written seems to suggest you need to mark a person/area/thing for it to be subjected to the effects of the jutsu, but then you have jutsu that happen when you speak?

Regardless, you'll need some way for people to know what they can or can't do. i.e; if you want to make it so if they say your name, there is some consequence, you need some way to advertise to them that they can't say your name. This has historically been what has been used to balance these in the past.

Also not sure how I feel about an ability giving you access to Kuuton as a Kiri MN. Since Kuuton is a Suna ability. Going to say you're required to hunt for kuuton
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:27 pm

As far as the Kuuton thing goes, it's not so much that Aimi can use Kuuton like, automatically. I still fully intend to do a hunt thread for it or a heist or negotiation, something - a thread - in order to actually get him to learn about it and be able to do any jutsu. That's not what the ability grants in terms of Kuuton.

The ability lets Aimi use that WITHOUT the Fuuton concentration. That's what I meant by 'alteration to his chakra'. It's not that he automatically has knowledge of the release, and in fact in character he won't actually know for a while (until the aforementioned thread is done and over with). All I want the ability to do is grant Aimi the usage of Kuuton without the need for Fuuton. That's all.

As far as your concerns for Ichimonji go... well firstly I feel it's important to make it a separate distinction from the ability itself. The ability grants the following:
  • A sage mode (fluff and all)
  • The Ichimonji Concentration (which can only be used during sage mode)
  • The use of Kuuton without the necessity of Fuuton
In that regard specifically yes, I suppose you could say that the ability is a "catch-all", as limitation necessitates. Despite that, I feel the ability is fairly straight forward in what it grants.

I feel that it's the concentration, Ichimonji, that you're more stuck on and... fair enough. As a release it deals with an abstract concept, a concept arguably more abstract than either Space or Time (emphasis on arguably), through the medium of fuuinjutsu. I'll try my best to much more clearly express what the concentration can and cannot do below.
For Easier Reading Distinction, Use Quotes:
Ichimonji is meant to be a reality altering, somewhat metatextual senjutsu concentration in the same vein as Space/Time ninjutsu. It manipulates identity which, in this case, means names, descriptors and characteristics of people, objects, areas of effect and ninjutsu. As you pointed out, yes, most of them required to 'mark' a person/area/thing in order to activate. In this respect, Ichimonji is very much like Fuuinjutsu. There are some exceptions to this rule, of course, such as the above example jutsu Calligraphy Ink which facilitates the use of most every other Ichimonji senjutsu. I currently have others written up that also bend this rule, but those can be dealt with on an individual basis of course and are not relevant to this explanation. Any Ichimonji jutsu is, naturally, up for review and changes as need be when the time comes.

Let me further break this down to make it as clear as possible. What do I mean by 'manipulate names, descriptors and characteristics'? Say, for example, a character - let's say Kasai - had the name of another character - let's say Shio - written on them. For the remainder of the jutsu Kasai's name would be Shio, and everyone would think/know it is. That's not an example of a jutsu I've written up, it's just a theoretical example. Or, say Aimi uses the basic Fireball jutsu, but uses an Ichimonji jutsu to write "Cold" on it. This would be an example of manipulating descriptor or characteristic, and the fireball would be cold to the touch. A further example would be a jutsu writing "Soft" on a doton technique to make it soft and pliable.

I need to emphasize that, as intended, Ichimonji senjutsu individually affect a SINGLE trait of a person/object/jutsu at a time per application. It's in the name after all, Ichimonji - 1 character, character in this case relating to calligraphy. Similarly per each Ichimonji jutsu applied to a target at a time, one characteristic is changed. In the above examples, the fireball and doton jutsu, the type of damage - hot to cold - and the texture are changed - hard to soft - but the rest of the jutsu would remain the same. The Speed, Strength, shape, duration, trajectory, all that jazz would remain the same. Indeed for any jutsu I'm fairly certain that these aspects wouldn't change because they're mechanical in nature. They don't have anything to do with the concept of "identity".

To be sure I'm fully aware of how versatile this makes Ichimonji. Even with a whole host of limitations its' still quite powerful, but it has its' limits that are fairly clear. The concept is abstract, not unthinkable, after all. I wouldn't even say that its' necessarily any more versatile than any other concentration, though perhaps it is some more than others, as versatility is... well its' kind of like the eye of the beholder. Anyone can take just about any concentration and make it extremely versatile if they put their mind to it. Ichimonji is just inherently versatile is all. It can do a lot with only a little bit, but I mean... it's a concentration that can only be used during Sage Mode. 5 posts total in a thread. With that as an additional limitation, I'm of the opinion that it had better be powerful and versatile to be worth having!

I suppose I'm beginning to digress though. Let me just break down the full list of limitations as I see them and that should paint a better picture of the capabilities of this release:
  • Can only be used during Sage Mode (5 posts total)
  • Can only affect "Identity" in so much as a name, characteristic or descriptor of a person/area/object/jutsu
  • Cannot alter "mechanical aspects" of jutsu, such as Speed and Strength, as they are independent of "identity"
  • More often than not must be initiated via the writing of a 'character' on the target (a few exceptions apply)
  • Follows the same limitations of Space/Time jutsu in that the reality warping effects are temporary (a few exceptions apply)
  • Can only affect Ninjutsu, not Taijutsu or Genjutsu, and only specific concentrations as listed
I'm fairly confident that, at this point, I've said plenty about what I feel this concentration can and can't do, both here and on the discord server. If, after reading all of this, you still feel you don't fully grasp what Ichimonji can and cannot do, or rather than you have concerns about things it can or cannot do, perhaps you could give me some examples of what you think, given the full layout of limitations and descriptions above, Ichimonji can do, and I can further clarify if it is in fact something that it could or could not do?

Ace Trainer

Sage of Ego

Post by Ace Trainer » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:13 pm

Quote:
As far as the Kuuton thing goes, it's not so much that Aimi can use Kuuton like, automatically. I still fully intend to do a hunt thread for it or a heist or negotiation, something - a thread - in order to actually get him to learn about it and be able to do any jutsu. That's not what the ability grants in terms of Kuuton.

The ability lets Aimi use that WITHOUT the Fuuton concentration. That's what I meant by 'alteration to his chakra'. It's not that he automatically has knowledge of the release, and in fact in character he won't actually know for a while (until the aforementioned thread is done and over with). All I want the ability to do is grant Aimi the usage of Kuuton without the need for Fuuton. That's all.
Got it.

"I currently have others written up that also bend this rule, but those can be dealt with on an individual basis of course and are not relevant to this explanation."

I disagree with this. If it's taking this much to explain a concentration/ability that is, as you admit, extremely abstract, even more-so than Jikukan, having something that has rules that you're immediately planning on bending is pretty big. If they can be bent, you need to be clear on how they can be bent. You can't say 'They work like this....except when they don't!" and expect it to be approved.

" For the remainder of the jutsu Kasai's name would be Shio, and everyone would think/know it is. That's not an example of a jutsu I've written up, it's just a theoretical example. Or, say Aimi uses the basic Fireball jutsu, but uses an Ichimonji jutsu to write "Cold" on it. This would be an example of manipulating descriptor or characteristic, and the fireball would be cold to the touch. A further example would be a jutsu writing "Soft" on a doton technique to make it soft and pliable."

These are extremely different. Continuing on with the Jikukan comparison, Jikukan has 3 clear axii it works on. Erase/Recycle, Open/Close, Tighten/Expand, and then split into 2 types Space & Time. These are applied in different way, and have a wide variety of uses, but they all fall on these distinct axii. Making Doton soft & fire cold is in a completely different realm of what is effectively a genjutsu. And saying "identity" and "traits" is still abstract. Jikukan specifically defines what each of it's axii can do. You have compassions, curses, and commands but these are still super abstract, honestly, even with their definitions I'm not entirely sure what they do.

Finally,

"Can only affect Ninjutsu, not Taijutsu or Genjutsu, and only specific concentrations as listed"

This isn't true. If you wrote "broken" on someone's leg, their femur would break, yes? If you wrote "soft" on their skull, you could crush it like playdoh, yeah? If you can change someone's name, or change the texture of rocks, I see no limitation that prevents you from doing this. So.

I just need a lot more clarity on what this is actually doing. Being limited to 5 posts doesn't let you make jutsu that can do, very literally, anything.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:21 pm

Hm. Those are fair points, and I can work with that. Mostly, mostly.

I'm not objecting to any of your points to be clear, I just feel the need to point out that, to my knowledge, I have exactly one jutsu written up that I plan on being a stickler about when it comes time to fully review the jutsu and that jutsu is Calligraphy Ink up above answer can hash that all out in another mod in the future.

I'm going to take these notes given and tweak Ichimonji a bit to be more specific in plain writing so that it's more clear what it can and can't do. I am, however, on the verge of going to bed soon, so expect those changes to come in the next day or so with another post and probably a reminder on discord.

Thanks for the notes, I'll get back to you shortly.

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:43 pm

Ok so, I've written out and expanded upon Ichimonji further after taking another look at how both Fuuinjutsu and Jikukan are written respectively, and I feel like if nothing else I've gotten a step closer to completely ironing out what Ichimonji can and cannot do.

I wrote a whole lot and there's frankly a bit too much, I feel, to just plain summarize, but I can address the points you made at the very least:

Point 1: Stating that the rules can be bent without giving clear rules.
After looking at Fuuinjutsu and Jikukan, yeah, this was kind of a given. I've written out a list of rules for Ichimonji jutsu to follow that should include enough leeway in them to allow for jutsu like Calligraphy Ink to exist while also fleshing out and more iron cladding how it operates as an individual concentration.

Point 2: Better defining what a Curse, Compassion and Command is
Second verse same as the first. Took a second look at what I was basing the rules of Ichimonji off of, wrote out further details on what the "axii" of this concentration can and can't do. If nothing else the picture is clearer now than it was before.

Point 3: If a leg breaks when you write on it, does it automatically happen?
Ok so I hadn't actually considered just flat out writing "break" on an appendage and making it happen, but you're right. I could theoretically do that since that would be altering the characteristic of the leg in question. While I hadn't thought of doing this, I do have jutsu written up that are intended to apply a specific effect on a person/object. I actually had them written up so that, in these cases, a Willpower check was generally in place to balance these things out ALA resisting the change in reality (similar to a genjutsu, as you pointed out and hadn't really made the connection myself). However, just because I had that written up in the jutsu already, you're right, it was not implicitly stated in the rules. So, yeah. I made a rule specifically stating that effects can be resisted via willpower.

Now at this point I don't think this is quite finished yet. I think something still feels off about the wording but I'm not really able to put my finger on it, but I'm trusting you mods to go over it and point out things that you think could happen so that I can further clarify/update the rules for it if need be.

Looking forward to making this concentration as air tight as can be!

Oh yeah! I also slightly changed the mod to request that the points on his page be changed to Ryo and his age be changed from 25 to 30 to reflect the timeskip. That part should be easy, though!

Ace Trainer

Sage of Ego

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:16 pm

You can't add the Kuuton concentration unless you are a current or former Suna Nin, or have gone into the village to take the scrolls.

The addition of the Willpower restriction is nice and glad you added that. Should also be subject to fuuinjutsu removal techs.

Also, this isn't clearly stated but I believe you mentioned it previously, if the Ichimonji can only be used during the 5 posts the Sage mode is activated that should be specified.

If I'm being honest, this is still just, incredibly vague. I get conceptually what it does, but it doesn't seem to have any actual limits. Your description of curses goes from making people blind to removing them from everyones collective memory? Can you just write "Dead" on someone and instantly kill them? Like, you said you based it off the axii on S/T, but this is incredibly open ended.

So for example, Jikukan has Tighten & Expand, then Space + Time.

Expand Space has one function, to make the area between point a and point b bigger. Tighten Space has one function, to make the area between point a and point b smaller. Now this has a variety of uses, you can make it so that you're able to jump in the air and that launches you 200m into the sky by tightening the space above you, or someone is running away and you make the space in front of them bigger so they can't get farther away, or you pull someone towards you by tightening the space between the two of you.

Expand Time has one function, to make time move slower around something. Tighten Time has one function, to make time move faster around something. This also has a variety of uses, you can expand time around a sword that is about to break so that when you're swinging it, it doesn't break. You can tighten time around a wound so it heals faster. Or tighten time around a jutsu so that it ends faster.

But for these, regardless of what the function is being used for, it is one function that is very clear in what it is actually doing.

With Curses/Commands/Compassions, the function is really open ended. It does "Bad"/"Neutral"/"Good" which is ??

Really its more akin to fuuinjutsu, but fuuinjutsu is restricted by what ninjutsu can do. It seems yours transcends that and goes into more conceptual stuff. Usually, I would have a suggestion of what to do here, but honestly I'm kind of at a loss of what suggestion I can make. It seems you want to rewrite reality, but in a way that isn't really definable like Expand/Tighten/Open/Close/etc is. Maybe think about what the major functions you're hoping to achieve are and how they relate? If we're talking reality you could maybe do Construct + Deconstruct in terms of like, healing vs damage? I'm not sure..it doesn't necessarily need to be axii, but it does need to be something that is very straightforward in what its function is, even if it has a wide breadth of application.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:11 am

Alright. After weeks of deliberation and discussion with the lovely mods, I've made some changes that are HOPEFULLY functional now with how Ichimonji works. The description of Curses, Compassions and Commands have been updated, they each do exactly 1 thing now but that one thing is pretty versatile, so in total Ichimonji can do 3 things. Hopefully that's narrow yet open ended enough to satisfy all parties.

It's back to the mods to make the call.

Nafan~

Sage of Ego

Post by Nafan~ » Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:38 am

One Written Character Character < - typo in your ability description.

Other than that, this is in line with the discussion that we had on discord, and currently has a sufficiently defined scope of operation.

[1/2]

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku

Ace Trainer

Sage of Ego

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:32 pm

I don't know how I missed this before, or if it was change but...
Quote:
Sage of Ego Forms
Form 1 – 10 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower
Form 2 – 20 Enlightenment: +10 Willpower
Form 3 – 30 Enlightenment: +15 Willpower
Form 4 – 40 Enlightenment: +15 Willpower, +5 Strength or Speed
Form 5 – 50 Enlightenment: +20 Willpower, +5 Strength, Endurance, Speed or Control
You can't do "or" as boosts are static. You must specify exactly what the boosts are, and then you can be selective about the boosts upon reaching the cap.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Ace Trainer

Sage of Ego

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:32 pm

I don't know how I missed this before, or if it was change but...
Quote:
Sage of Ego Forms
Form 1 – 10 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower
Form 2 – 20 Enlightenment: +10 Willpower
Form 3 – 30 Enlightenment: +15 Willpower
Form 4 – 40 Enlightenment: +15 Willpower, +5 Strength or Speed
Form 5 – 50 Enlightenment: +20 Willpower, +5 Strength, Endurance, Speed or Control
You can't do "or" as boosts are static. You must specify exactly what the boosts are, and then you can be selective about the boosts upon reaching the cap.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Gilak

Sage of Ego

Post by Gilak » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:56 pm

1/2
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
IwagakureFukusha, FudoGenin#FFED38
IwagakureUehara, OhtaGenin#FFCC1E
JinjekuEnkouten, MaketaD - Rank#D62100

Ace Trainer

Sage of Ego

Post by Ace Trainer » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:29 pm

Accepted
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Sage of Ego

Post by Golnax » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:40 pm

Profile no code.
SpoilerShow

[center][big][big][b][url=https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=8003153/1/]Kaguya[/url], Aimi[/b][/big][/big]
"[i]Daimyo of Gold Country, Sage of Ego[/i]"
[img]https://i.imgur.com/hrknirl.png[/img]
[I Am, therefore I'll Think][/center]
[hr]
[center][b][big]General Information[/big][/b][/center]
[b]Age:[/b] 100
[b]Gender:[/b] Male
[b]Height:[/b] 5'8"
[b]Weight:[/b] 180 lbs.
[b]Physical Features:[/b]
[list][*][i]Face/head:[/i] Aimi's face is nothing short of beautiful for a male. His face is oval shaped, ending in a rounded, lightly cleft chin that juts out slightly, giving his jaw a strong look. He is clean shaven. His white hair is long, soft and light in the wind, reaching down to his lower back. His eyes are a sad blue color. His eyebrows are thin and curved downward slightly, only implicating more that happy\sad look upon his face. His nose is a smaller one, barely even extending out past his face. It is almost flat, but in an over all complimentary way. His mouth, a moderate size, houses a pair of small oval shaped lips. Upon his forehead is the distinctive symbol of his clan, the two red circles encompassed by black, which he wears proudly.
[*][i]Body:[/i] Aimi stands at a tall five feet eight inches with a slender, toned body and pale skin, as though he still had the skin he had worn when he was first born. His shoulders are broad and dip inward slightly, making a sort of U shape between themselves and his slender neck. He is very well in shape, his body an almost perfect balance of muscle and leanness. Certain features are quite feminine in nature - his long legs, curvy hips and smooth skin being the most prominent of these features.
[*][i]Notable Features:[/i] Aimi has perfectly smooth skin all over his body, unmarred by any scars thanks to his regenerative ability. The bottoms of his feet are very tough, almost like leather.[/list]
[b]Clothing/Accessories:[/b] On a day to day basis, Aimi will wear whatever sort of clothing is required of him. What he prefers to wear, though, is as little as possible. The only thing he prefers to wear is a white cloak which he normally wears around his waist, tucking the material into itself to make it into a sash which, when need be, can be undone and worn as a normal cloak with long sleeves and a hood. Aside from this, the only ting he wears is a set of wraps which he wraps around his lower legs, covering his feet, ankles and up to his mid calf. Around his waist he wears a black leather belt, using for holding his sword and butt-bag, which holds all of his equipment.
[b]Picture:[/b]
[spoiler][img]https://i.imgur.com/2K10kCX.png[/img][/spoiler]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[list][*][i]General:[/i] Aimi is an intelligent, charming, sharp witted, silver tongued, selfish man who lives for himself and only himself. If it does not bring him pleasure to do something, he will refuse to do it. Aimi is greedy; he takes what he wants when he wants it. Aimi is prideful; he is aware of his good looks, his intelligence, his ego - all of the positive aspects about himself and he revels in them. Aimi is gluttonous; he loves food, all different kinds and delights in trying new foods. Aimi is lustful; he has ambition, and desires passionately the things he wants. Aimi is envious; when he sees someone who is better than him, he admires that person, and strives to better himself to match or overcome them. Aimi is slothful; he doesn't bother himself with work that doesn't concern him or work he doesn't enjoy, just for the sake of working. Aimi is wrathful; his temper is foul, his anger implosive, and his fury is righteous. This is not, however, to say that Aimi is a bad person by any means. Where he is greedy, he is also charitable; should it please him, he will openly dote upon others. He will not take something at some one else's expense. Where he is prideful, he is also humble. He understands that he is not perfect, and may never be perfect, but that doesn't stop him from trying to be the best person he can be. Where he is gluttonous, he is also temperate. There is more to life than food and pleasure, he knows, and he seeks out the true nature of things always. Where he is lustful, he is also chastised. More than power, more than position, more than glory he seeks knowledge, which he believes will bring power, honesty, which will bring about true glory, and purity where it may be found. Where he is envious, he is also kind. He does not push himself onto others and offers to people what wisdom he can if he believes that it will help them. Where he is slothful, he is also diligent. Fortitude, persistence and ethics are no stranger to him. Where he is wrathful, he is also patient. If there is one thing he has in spades, it is patience. Understanding himself gives him the clarity required to read others, and to forgive them as necessary. In all things, himself most of all, he seeks a balance and strives to climb to higher heights in pursuit of this balance he so desperately craves.

All in all though, Aimi is a happy man. He lives life by his own rules and refuses to live for the sake of someone else. By prioritizing his own happiness above all others, he has rejected and thus prevented himself from being emotionally unbalanced. He smiles often, he sees the good in things, he's happy to interact with others, to help those as he sees fit - so long as it is his decision to do so, and not the whim of another. Conversely, Aimi is extremely socially awkward. Having been born and raised in an environment that values strength and effectiveness above all else, he has difficulty interacting with others properly outside of this sort of setting. Things which would seem ordinary and mundane if not polite, such as holding open a door for a cripple, are entirely lost on him and he would just as soon forget to hold open such a door as he would to tell the cripple to man up and open it himself.
[*][i]Hopes/Dreams:[/i] Aimi has many hopes and many dreams. To see the world, to become a world famous sword master, to love truly and be loved, etc. etc. What he wants most of all, though, is power and balance within that power, so as to not be over taken by it. Power to give and take as much as he wants, whenever he wants. That is his dream.
[*][i]Fears:[/i] Aimi fears little more than himself, or rather the things he could become.
[*][i]Combat Mentality:[/i] In combat, Aimi seeks to be the most dominant force on the field. In many respect, he's a terrible ninja. He doesn't like resorting to trickery and sneaking around if he can help it, his pride won't let him. He prefers an open field of combat, skill against skill. No tricks, no illusions, just might against might.[/list]
[hr]
[center][b][big]Battle Information[/big][/b][/center]
[b]Village:[/b] [s]Kirigakure[/s]
[b]Rank:[/b] Bannin

[list][*][b]Chakra Pool:[/b] 45 (50-5)
[*][b]Endurance:[/b] 50
[*][b]Control:[/b] 45
[*][b]Strength:[/b] 50
[*][b]Speed:[/b] 50
[*][b]Willpower:[/b] 5
[/list]
[b]Equipment:[/b] Aimi carries a simple long sword on his left hip, sheathed with a simple black leather sheath and held on his waist by a black leather belt. On his right hip, also attached to his belt, is a butt-bag containing 15 explosive tags, 45 shuriken and 45 senbon needles.
A multiple sword holster, capable of holding up to 20 standard long sword style blades in a 4x5 grid pattern, this holster is 35 inches in height, 8 inches long and 12 inches wide. 20 simple long swords, contained within a multiple sword holster. A 1 meter tall scroll, 2 feet in length, inscribed with the Underwater Basket Weaving Storage fuuinjutsu.
[spoiler=Worldslayer][b][WORLDSLAYER][/b]
[i]S-Ranked Special Weapon[/i]

[b]Description:[/b] A weapon to end worlds. A fragment of creation itself. A left-over mistake by the gods. A twisted mockery of anything living. All could be said of the Worldslayer. It’s origins are a mystery, ultimately to never be truly known but what is known is thus: It is ancient, far older than the creation of the first blade. It would not be unreasonable to assume that this is what all blades were based upon, in fact. There is a presence to it, a force or entity unknown which has no name, is silent and is malevolent in nature but subdued. It is a relic recognized only by the oldest and most powerful of spirits, it’s true nature and origin perhaps known only by the Genma themselves. Whatever it truly is, wherever it truly came from, whatever its’ true purpose might be, it is in the hands of Aimi Kaguya now, to do with what he wills.

Worldslayer is a “sword”, in that it is a bladed weapon with a singular handle. This is where the similarities end, however. The handle of Worldslayer is solid metal, as is the rest of the weapon, and twisted into a loose coil that ends in a ring. The guard is triangular in shape with dull, short, rounded arms hanging downward. At each angle of the triangle there is a thin blade that, like the handle, is twisted into a spiral. Each spiraling blade is further twisted over each other while never touching one another. Each blade is exactly 91 centimeters long and ends in a tapered point. The entire weapon is dark like unpolished iron with bits of what appears like red rust on either end of it and along the edges of the blades in patchy, uneven amounts. Despite its’ shabby appearance, Worldslayer does not have any rust upon it nor does it seem able to accumulate rust.

Worldslayer as a weapon has 50 Strength, making it nearly indestructible save for the strongest of forces known.

[b]Abilities:[/b] Everlasting - Worldslayer is a leftover fragment of creation. It has always been, since the beginning, long before any life existed in the world and it will remain long after life has ceased. Should Worldslayer break for any reason or by any means the broken parts will turn to ash and vanish, fading into the void from whence it came. Then, over the next few days, Worldslayer will reform itself. So long as a part of it exists, the rest will reform around it. Should for any reason the weapon be completely "destroyed", it will reform again somewhere in the world, waiting to be found. Should the weapon break in a thread it remains broken for the remainder of the thread only to reform at the start of another thread.[/spoiler]
[b]Companions:[/b] (0/1)
[b]Primary Affinity:[/b] Katon
[hr]
[center][b][big]Abilities and Concentrations[/big][/b][/center]
[table=2, Abilities][b]First Ability[/b][c] [b]Regeneration[/b] - Through various medical experiments, triggered by his initial surgery and the knowledge of it, Aimi has gained the ability to passively regenerate his body, following the [url=https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?&t=5925420/1/#new]standard Regeneration Abilities rules[/url]. This ability of regeneration is potent enough to even regrow limbs and internal organs given enough time. Additionally, his body no longer ages in the conventional sense, giving him a form of pseudo immortality but causes a permanent -5 Stamina determent.
[c][b]Second Ability[/b][c][b]Death Bone Pulse[/b] - A byproduct of the treatment for a congenital disorder, Death Bone Pulse is a Kaguya’s ability to control the ossification of their bodies to rapidly replace, grow, or produce bone from their bodies. This process is able to be consciously controlled as if it was a muscle. This allows the Kaguya to not only turn any part of their bodies into bone, but to grow new bones, or additional bones, or simply fashion things out of bone. This skill is actually a natural process that can be consciously controlled, making it a form of taijutsu, meaning all Kaguya techniques utilize the users Speed and Strength.
[c][b]Third Ability[/b][c][quote=Sage of Ego][color=gold][b]Senninka • Jiga no Kenja [Sage Mode Transformation • Sage of Ego/Identity][/b][/color]
After spending nearly a century trapped within the world of spirits, Aimi Kaguya has emerged permanently changed. His hair has reverted back to its’ original, natural color of golden blond and his chakra, too, has permanently changed colors from blue to metallic gold. In addition to these physical changes, Aimi has gained the ability to create and manipulate [i]Sage Chakra[/i], or nature energy, for the purposes of utilizing senjutsu and entering [i]Sage Mode[/i]. When in [i]Sage Mode[/i], red tattoo-like lines appear on his body – namely his torso, right arm and left leg. Additionally, when gathering or utilizing nature energy for jutsu, the natural world around him reacts to his presence. This can be as subtle as grass bending away from him in his presence to causing stones to quake or the local weather to momentarily change.

In addition to these physical changes to his body and surroundings, Aimi gains the ability to utilize [b][i]Ichimonji[/i] [One Written Character][/b]. This release is one formed of pure [i]sage chakra[/i] and thus has no elemental passive of its’ own, making it uniquely resistant to other forms of elemental jutsu while not being more effective against any other as well in the same way that Ninpou is. Finally, Aimi's chakra was changed on a fundamental level beyond the use of senjutsu as a "prank" of sorts by the Blind Idiot God. This change in chakra allows Aimi to use Kuuton ninjutsu without the need for Fuuton. These releases, and the use of senjutsu, are all linked to a new stat - Enlightenment. The amount of Enlightenment Aimi has determines both his [i]Sage Mode[/i] forms and what rank of Senjutsu and Kuuton ninjutsu he can use, though in both cases jutsu are still primarily linked to his Control stat.

[list][b][u]Sage of Ego Forms[/u][/b]
[*] Form 1 – 10 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower
[*] Form 2 – 20 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength
[*] Form 3 – 30 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed
[*] Form 4 – 40 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed, +5 Endurance
[*] Form 5 – 50 Enlightenment: +5 Willpower, +5 Strength, +5 Speed, +5 Endurance, +5 Control[/list]

[list][b][u]Enlightenment[/u][/b]
[*] 10 Enlightenment: Access to [i]Sage Chakra[/i]
[*] 20 Enlightenment: Access to C-ranked [i]Senjutsu Techniques[/i]
[*] 30 Enlightenment: Access to B-ranked [i]Senjutsu Techniques[/i]
[*] 40 Enlightenment: Access to A-ranked [i]Senjutsu Techniques[/i]
[*] 50 Enlightenment: Access to S-ranked [i]Senjutsu Techniques[/i][/list][/quote][/table]
[table=2, Concentrations][b]Ninjutsu (9)[/b][c][spoiler=Ninjutsu: Advanced Channeling][quote=Advanced Channeling]This user has superb chakra control, and has learned to perform jutsu by channeling, without the use of hand seals. The user can channel any Ninjutsu that is designed to be channel, and there are no specified parameters in which a jutsu must fall to be channeled by this method.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Iijutsu][quote=Iijutsu]This concentration allows for the user to user chakra to affect the biological processes of a living creature. This includes modifying, speeding up, or slowing down the biological processes. [color=#008b5e]Iijutsu[/color] is known for it's advanced nature and requires precise chakra control to work effectively. It can be differentiate from normal techniques by the faint light green colour of the chakra used in Iijutsu techniques.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Katon Concentration][quote=Katon][color=orangered][b]Katon Affinity[/b][/color]
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Katon, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require the Katon affinity. Katon has a passive [color=orangered][i]ignition[/i][/color] effect.
[spoiler=Passive (Ignition)]Katon's effect is [b]ignition[/b], which means that all katon jutsu, regardless of effect, start and spread fire from their source. Once a jutsu has been performed, the fire from the jutsu spreads at 1/3rd the speed of the technique, rounded down. That means a C-rank katon jutsu that moves at 13 speed would create subsequent fires that spread at 4 speed. These secondary fires require flammable material to continuously spread, otherwise they will burn out on their own.

Additionally, the strength of burns on organic material from katon jutsu is determined by the strength stat of the individual jutsu. [list][*]1-14 Strength Requirement: First Degree Burns[*]15-24 Strength Requirement: Second Degree Burns[*]25-34 Strength Requirement: Third Degree Burns[*]35+ Strength Requirement: Fourth Degree Burns[/list][/spoiler][/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Suiton Concentration][quote=Suiton][color=dodgerblue][b]Suiton Affinity[/b][/color]
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Suiton, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require the Suiton affinity. Suiton has a passive [color=dodgerblue][i]enveloping[/i][/color] effect.
[spoiler=Passive (Enveloping)]Suiton's effect is enveloping, meaning that suiton passively surrounds anything that it makes contact with. Suiton techniques that do not last over periods of times (i.e, exploding techniques) drench their opponents, but long term techniques will envelop anything they come in contact with and maintain a hold on it with the 3/4th strength of the technique, rounded down. This means that if a suiton wave is shot forward with 17 strength, it will envelope and move anything with it that does not have more than 12 strength to resist it. This allows Suiton to fill a very powerful role in eliminating tools from opponent's access and capturing targets.[/spoiler][/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Napalm Concentration][quote=Napalm][color=#1EB53A][b]Napalm Affinity[/b][/color]
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Napalm, and can make and use any custom jutsu that require the Napalm affinity. Napalm has a passive [color=#1EB53A][i]sticky[/i][/color] effect.
[spoiler=Napalm][color=#1EB53A]Napalm[/color] release is an extension that combines [color=orangered]Katon[/color] and [color=dodgerblue]Suiton[/color]. The user will typically use this to give themselves a field advantage and burn opponents with rapidly worsening burns, if left untreated. Napalm is a gelatinous fuel that is sticky and flammable. Its gelatinous nature also gives the fuel buoyancy, allowing it to float on water and other liquids as well as resist being snuffed out by them. Because of this gelatinous nature, [color=#1EB53A]Napalm[/color] is not weak to [color=dodgerblue]Suiton[/color] based releases but rather to [color=saddlebrown]Doton[/color] based ones, since burying [color=#1EB53A]Napalm[/color] is the most effective way of quashing the gelatin-fueled flames. [color=#1EB53A]Napalm[/color] is [b]sticky[/b] by nature, and will cling onto surfaces with a Strength equal to 1/2 the Strength of the technique rounded down. Additionally, when ignited, the gel itself causes burns which range from excessively minor to 3rd degree in addition to creating a green flame.

The strength of burns on organic material from napalm jutsu is determined by the Strength stat of the technique. If no Strength stat is present, then the passive defaults to the normal Strength of a technique based off of it's rank.
[list][*]1-14 Strength: Inconsequential burns
[*]15-24 Strength: First Degree Burns
[*]25-34 Strength: Second Degree Burns
[*]35+ Strength: Third Degree Burns
[/list][/spoiler][/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Storage and Force Fuuinjutsu][quote=Storage and Force Fuuinjutsu][color=#444F51][b]Storage & Force Fuuinjutsu[/b][/color]
This user is able to utilize Storage Fuuinjutsu and Force Fuuinjutsu, making it possible for them to utilize any jutsu with the Storage or Force Classification. Storage Fuuinjutsu can be used to store supplies, weapons, armor, or anything in between. Force Fuuinjutsu are used to release, counteract, and capture energy.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu][quote=Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu][color=#444F51][b]Charge& Augment Fuuinjutsu[/b][/color]
This user is able to utilize Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu, making it possible for them to utilize any jutsu with the Charge & Augment Classification. Charge Fuuinjutsu are used to create jutsu-like effects using seals. Augment Fuuinjutsu are used to enhance or limit the power of whatever they are placed on.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Ranged Fuuinjutsu][quote=Ranged Fuuinjutsu]
[b]Ranged Fuuinjutsu[/b]
By taking this concentration this user is able to use a medium to draw fuuinjutsu from long ranges, allowing them to place fuuinjutsu without being directly in contact with the surface they'd like to place the fuuinjutsu on.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Ichimonji][quote=Ichimonji][color=gold][b][u]Senpo • Ichimonji[/u][/b][/color] [b][Sage Art • One Written Character][/b]
Aimi is able to utilize Ichimonji, a ninpou release that can only be used during sage mode. This release allows him to manipulate [i]identity[/i], reshaping reality in unique ways that are tied to names, the lack of a name and words for a variety of purposes, allowing him to manipulate the properties of of people, objects, jutsu or even the environment around them by way of writing on them. The ways in which reality can be altered can be categorized into three different forms: Curses, Commands and Compassions, detailed further below. However, much like Jikukan, Space/Time, ninjutsu, the universe is self correcting and these changes to reality rarely if ever have lasting effects. Additionally, the majority of Ichimonji senjutsu must be initiated by way of writing, much in the way of Fuuinjutsu, unless specifically stated otherwise. All Ichimonji senjutsu which requires writing to be activated have the same general characteristics; those characteristics include the following:
[list][*]All Ichimonji senjutsu consist of a single calligraphic character. This means that full sentences cannot be written out, such as "Will break in 3 days". They are restricted to a single word. The only exceptions to this rule is when names themselves are written or erased, or when no writing is required for the jutsu in question.
[*]Writing the word or name is not enough to initiate the jutsu fully. In order to fully initiate an Ichimonji jutsu, a circle must be drawn around the character or name as well, creating a seal that initiates the jutsu like the symbols used in Fuuinjutsu.
[*]Once the character is encircled, the jutsu is activated and thus takes sage chakra from the user.
[*]Ichimonji jutsu can [i]only[/i] be one of the three types - Curses, Compassions or Commands. They cannot be "curse commands" or "command compassions" for example.
[*]The reality altering effects of these senjutsu can be resisted to a degree in a similar manner as genjutsu, meaning that all Ichimonji senjutsu that impose an effect on a sentient, individual character can be resisted with the [Willpower] stat.
[*]Ichimonji is an advancement on regular Fuuinjutsu and thus follows all of the same rules for each type of Fuuinjutsu as a base on top of its own unique rules.
[*]As Ichimonji is a "super concentration" of Fuuinjutsu, Ichimonji senjutsu are subject to any sort of Fuuinjutsu removal techniques with the important difference being that should a form of ninjutsu be utilized the user must have greater than or equal [Willpower] than Aimi's [Control] to remove the seal. This does not mean that a specific variant of a Fuuinjutsu removal technique must be created and used but rather that an additional stat check is placed on the existing technique on top of any other conditions of the jutsu.
[/list]

Because of the seal-like nature of Ichimonji as a medium for senjutsu, Aimi is also required to have [b]Storage and Force Fuuinjutsu[/b], [b]Charge and Augmentation Fuuinjutsu[/b], and [b]Ranged Fuuinjutsu[/b] concentrations. Below are descriptions of the types of Ichimonji senjutsu.

[list][*] [b]Curses:[/b] Ichimonji senjutsu which can change the material makeup of the surface the character is written on temporarily. This enables the user to change the nature of objects and body parts that the user writes the single character on. Examples of this include allowing the user to change the makeup of their own skin into something harder to increase its defensive strength, or transforming a wall of earth into paper to reduce its strength. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows, and techniques which affect stats will apply buff and debuff rules as normal. These changes can be resisted through the regular Willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.
[*] [b]Compassions:[/b] Ichimonji senjutsu which can alter the properties that something possesses. This enables the user to change the way that a surface interacts with the world without changing the nature of the surface itself. Examples of this include using a single character Ichimonji seal to cause a sheet of ice to be hot to the touch, or causing a feather to be as hard as rock. These changes do not change the nature of the object itself, meaning if external heat were applied to the ice sheet it will still melt because it is still ice, and the feather remains flammable despite being as hard as rock, because it isn’t rock it’s just been given that hardness. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows, and techniques which affect stats will apply buff and debuff rules as normal. These changes can be resisted through the regular willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.
[*][b]Commands:[/b] Ichimonji senjutsu which can alter the capacity that something has. This type of Ichimonji seal primarily is for use on sentient creatures. Commands are capable of sealing away certain capacities that a person possesses, with the rank of the technique creating the seal reflecting the importance of the capability that is hampered. Examples of this includes inscribing a command seal with the character fire to seal away the ability to manipulate flames, which may weaken a person’s katon techniques or possibly remove them entirely depending on rank and resistance. Another example may be the ability to remove the target’s capacity to tell friend from foe, causing them to forget whose side they are on. These changes typically last only as long as each individual technique allows and can be resisted through the regular willpower resistance applicable to all Ichimonji techniques.[/list]

[spoiler]Ash
Chalk
Chiton
Doton
Fuuton
Katon
Kouton
Mist
Raiton
Salt
Sand
Sankaton
Suiton
Youton
Garaton
Yugeton
Mokuton
Webbing
Ranton
Shouton
Mud
Ink[/spoiler][/quote][/spoiler][c]
[b]Taijutsu (8)[/b][c][spoiler=Bone Control][quote=Bone Control]A member of the Kaguya clan, this shinobi has mastered the gift of their clan and can consciously control their bone as if they were a muscle, forcing their body to ossify and grow as they see fit.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Close Quarters Combat][quote=Close Quarters Combat]The fundamental skill of [Close Quarters Combat] indicates the user's proficiently to efficiently utilize martial arts and advanced combat moves involving the body for example but not limited to, adv kicks, grapples, adv punches, etc.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Deft Hands][quote=Deft Hands]The fundamental skill of [Deft Hands] indicates the user’s proficiency with using their hands in very specific and complex movements, like sleight of hand and targeting very small and specific points on an opponent’s body. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu in various ways.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Rigid Structure][quote=Rigid Structure]The fundamental skill of [Rigid Structure] describes the user’s ability to adeptly position and lock in their skeletal structure to efficiently absorb blows with minimal damage to their person. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Medicine][quote=Medicine]The fundamental skill of [Medicine] describes the user’s mental and physical ability to perform traditional and mainstream medicinal practices. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Perception][quote=Perception]The fundamental skill of [Perception] describes the user’s practiced methods of more keenly focusing their senses for a short time. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Sword Weapons][quote=Sword Weapons]The fundamental skill of [Sword Weapons] indicates the user’s proficiency with swords and sword-like weapons such as knives, daggers, sword-breakers and the like. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu.[/quote][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Heavenly Body Control][quote=Heavenly Body Control]The fundamental skills of [Heavenly Body Control] cannot be mastered by those with less than 35 Endurance, Strength and Speed. These skills include those required to create almost ninjutsu-equivalent effects simply from the movement of one’s body such as animal shaped blasts of compressed air from especially positioned hands and other similar feats which are beyond reality. This facilitates their use of related Taijutsu, however taking this concentration means the user cannot take Overlay, Kinesis of Space/Time concentration[/quote][/spoiler][c]
[b]Genjutsu(0)[/b][c]---[/table]

[hr]
[center][b][big]History[/big][/b][/center][spoiler=Historical Accounts][b]The Life and Times of Aimi Kaguya[/b]

Aimis' story begins like most Kaguya's stories do, within the Kirigakure village. He was born to an ordinary set of miners who lived within the village, though they worked outside of it. The day that Aimi was born was the happiest day of their lives, though it was quickly snuffed out as they realized not long after his birth that he had the deadly congenial disease of the Kaguya clan.

For months his parents agonized over the choice, knowing the sort of life he would be forced to live if he were to be given over to the clan. Eventually, they could wait no longer as the disease approached it's critical point and took their child before the Kaguya elders. Aimi's parents made the hardest decision of their life to give up their child. Aimi was taken in. The surgery took place on his first birthday. His present that year was the gift of life.

Aimi was quick to recover from his surgery, getting up and walking within weeks after having temporarily lost the use of his legs. The Kaguya elders took it as a good sign, and as he grew up, they were pleased to see that he was a strong boy in both spirit and body. They trained him, molded him, made him into a boy warrior as all members of the clan were required to do. He was never told about his mother and father living within the village and was raised throughout his childhood in believing that his adoptive parents were all that he had. But, Aimi's one 'weakness' in the eyes of the Kaguya was his kindness.

This kindness was assassinated by the end of his academy exams, where he was forced to kill a prisoner, condemned to die. The event devastated young Aimi, and for many years as he was struck by puberty and he rapidly grew into the man he became, he would view the world as dark and twisted, full of potential but entirely out of his reach. He channeled his energy, his anger, his suffering into his work and the perfection of his mind and body, growing strong and staying strong. At thirteen he picked up a sword seriously for the first time and dedicated himself to learning how to use it. Years before this, he had been assigned to a squad and regularly went on missions with them. On his off time, when he wasn't sent out for a mission or wasn't working on perfecting his body, he would read; books, scrolls, newspapers, anything he could get his hand on. He learned quickly that a mind needed books like a sword needed a whetstone.

At fifteen, he participated in the chunin exams, and failed. He lost his match against the genin that he'd been paired up against to fight and so failed his exams, while his team mates went on to pass. He was later paired with another team and, a year later, put through the exams again. He failed once more, for the same reason. For the third time he was put onto a new team of genin, now the oldest member at seventeen. During the year between exams, though, he trained more furiously and became more adept at the art of being a shinobi than either of his team mates could hope to become at their age. On his third try, when once again faced with another genin, he was victorious. Overwhelmingly so.

He beat them into submission by beating them within an inch of their life, using guile, skill and raw power to his advantage. The Jounin watching him later told him that "He should have killed the poor sap; it would have been kinder." It was these words that sparked a second metamorphosis in him, though this one much slower burning. Over the course of the next 4 years, as he continued to train and work and, eventually, take and pass the Jounin exams, an idea was brimming in the back of his mind that grew like cancer. Then, not long after his twenty first birthday, the cancerous ideal burst forth in his mind like a paper bomb, and suddenly everything was clear to him. This explosion of thought is what lead to his current state of mind, as well as being reunited with his parents.

Of his own volition, on his own time, Aimi began to seek out his birth parents, having been told years back that his real parents lived, or at least had lived when he was a baby, in the Kirigakure. It took him a little over a week to find them, and the reunion was touching, to say the least. His mother was outside of her home, sweeping the walkway when she looked up and saw him. He saw in her eyes his own, and she froze when she saw him. When she ran forward and hugged him, Aimi thought it was the happiest moment of his life.

They caught up, the two of them, while they waited for his father to get home. His father, he learned, worked as an ore miner in a mine roughly fifteen miles away from the village. He learned that she had given up mining after having him and worked as a habachi chef in the village these days, having been freed from slavery some years back. He was told how they had watched him grow up from afar, seeing him after he graduated from the academy, when he'd run around the village with his team mates growing up, how they'd witnessed him passing the chunin exams, hearing of him from a couple of shinobi she served that he had passed the Jounin exams and everything else that she could get when she could get it. It was around the end of this explanation, well into the night, that Aimi's father came home, and what a giant of a man he was! His father easily towered over him by a foot, his mother by a foot and a half! Aimi had never felt more secure in his life than when his father held him in his arms for the first time.

From that day on, Aimi would meet with his family whenever he could. Being a Jounin, as well as a full grown man, he paid little mind to if the Kaguya clan elders cared that he saw his family or not. He was loyal to the clan who had saved his life and made him strong, and he had found a love for his family he never knew he had. He grew to know them, and they to know him, and all the while he continued working as a shinobi, his efforts now fueled with the idea that in going out on missions he was protecting not just the village and the clan but also his mother and father.

So it was, so it goes.

[b]The Finding of the Slayer of Worlds...[/b]

Midway through his life's journey, Aimi found himself upon a dark road in a wooded forest, for the clear path was lost. He was in transit, heading towards his mission in the fire country when he came across an unusually quiet, unusually still piece of forest. Immediately he could tell that something was wrong, the air was different here. He hadn't seen a sign of civilization for miles beyond the road he'd been travelling on, and in an episode of absent-mindedness, he'd strayed from the path and ended up there. The trees, the further he went in, were dead or dying, gnarled and twisted. Nothing seemed to be growing. The ground seemed to grow harder with each step, until all was seemingly dead.

Turning around a tree, he was stunned by what he saw. There, in the ground, buried almost to the hilt was a sword on fire with blue flame. Wrapped around the blade, the guard, the hilt and the pommel were scrolls, unwrapped, filled with writing. Sealing jutsu he was able to identify, but not what sort. Intrigued by this, he moved to approach and was repelled by pain, his flesh falling from his bones. That was when he noticed the red mist that surrounded the blade, making all smooth and death, repelling all life. It was only by the grace of his quick reflexes and regeneration that he was spared the same fate.

Aimi marked this location in his head, back tracking out of the dark wood to find where he had been on the road and remembering it well, going so far as to mark his passing on a tree. He went about his mission, doing it dutifully but his mind was on the sword and the mystery surrounding it. He found himself desiring the blade and it's mysterious power, wanting to unravel it's mystery and why it was sealed away there. With his mission a success, he sought out a blacksmith and requested a special sheath, claiming that his was only a temporary measure and not when he normally used. His own sheath was in disrepair, he claimed, and paid the blacksmith handsomely to get it done as quickly as possible. He requested that it be made of pure, heat treated, tempered iron.

Once the sheath was completed, he went back to the dark wood and there found the sword once again. He'd spent days thinking of how to retrieve it properly, and he put the plan into motion as swiftly and elegantly as he possibly could. He removed the seals from the rotted earth, he drew the blade from it's tomb, he sheathed the flaming sword and he coated the iron sheath in the myriad of complicated fuuin jutsu, using his own chakra to keep it in place. He feared that it was only a temporary measure, though, and so quickly spirited the blade away from that dead place.

On his way back to the Kirigakure, Aimi hid the blade where only he would know where to look, thoroughly covering it up and disguising its presence as best as he could. Once he was certain that it would not be disturbed, he left that place and returned back to the village, keeping the sword in the back of his mind for the day he might need it, naming it The Worldslayer.

So it was, so it goes.[/spoiler][hr]
[b]Username:[/b] [url=https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=4010317/]Golnax[/url]
[b]Ryo:[/b] 187/499
[b]Prestige Perks:[/b] 0/1
[b]Stat Trainings:[/b] (7/75)
[hr]

Nafan~

Sage of Ego

Post by Nafan~ » Thu Jul 01, 2021 11:26 pm

This is now complete.

"Tululila, Talila Tulula."
CharactersShow
Character
S-rankSunagakure no SatoHIzashi, Kougyoku