Hibana new Conc & Ability

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:49 pm

Application: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=8344130
Change: I’d like to add a new conc to Hibana called Koriton. [Hard Ice Release]
Koriton:
Koriton Affinity
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Koriton [Hard Ice Release] which is an extension of Hyouton and produces ice that has a passive [freezing] effect.
Koriton, the elemental extension of Hyouton, is an element that poses itself as a powerful offensive & defensive style. While it seems straightforward, Koriton has a variety of uses that makes it appealing to both close- and long-range users of many types. Koriton has the effect of freezing, which causes it's jutsu to freeze its target. In organic material, this can cause numbness, loss of sensation and eventually loss of limbs & tissue. In inorganic material, this means that the jutsu can freeze objects, but not jutsu unless that jutsu is firebased, that have strength that is lower than the [control] stat of the jutsu.

Additionally, the strength of the freezing effect on organic material from Koriton jutsu is determined by the [control] stat they fall into.
  • 1-14 Control: Organic materials suffer from frostnip. Your skin will become cold, numb and white and the area affected suffers from a loss of -1 Speed. Lasts for 5 posts.
  • 15-24 Control: You suffer from severe frostbite. As frostbite progresses, it affects all layers of the skin as well as the tissues that lie below. The skin turns white or blue-gray and you lose all sensation of cold, pain or discomfort in the area. Loss of -2 speed in the area affected.
  • 25-34 Control: You will suffer from severe hypothermia that includes intense shivering, slurred speech, loss of coordination and if not treated within 3 posts, you will suffer from gangrene in the area affected as you receive permanent tissue damage and your bones and tendon freeze. You suffer a -2 reduction in Speed & -1 in endurance in the area affected for the remainder of the thread.
  • 35-44 Control: The effects of 25-34 but with a -2 reduction to Speed AND Endurance in the area affected for the remainder of the thread.
  • 45+ Control: Joints or muscles affected will stop working for up to 3 posts as the area affected begins to shut down and die. You suffer a -5 reduction to Endurance and -2 reduction in speed in the area affected for the remainder of the thread.

*Debuffs can stack but can only apply debuffs from one tier of control at a time.
*Can only be healed with either Ijutsu that is meant to heal frostbite, or Ijutsu wielded by a user with a control stat higher than the user who caused the frostbite.

I would like to take the ability slot:

Quote:
Koriton Elemental Body

After being experimented on in the Land of Waterfall by Muramasa Maido, Hibana has advanced beyond her her kekkai genkai, becoming one with Koriton. (Hard Ice Release) After undergoing the grueling process of sealing herself into a crystallized rock the size of her heart, she was able to gather Koriton around herself to recreate her body. The crystallized rock is in her left thigh. This means that her body takes on the properties of [Koriton] at almost all times. Any damage sustained by the body is able to be recovered by gathering more koriton and is incapable of bleeding. While this gives Hibana a form of almost invulnerability, if the object that holds her true self is damaged it spells out almost certain death. Because the passive for Koriton is freezing, any contact with Hibana’s skin causes the freezing effects.

Takes one Ability Slot. Requires 15 or more Control
Payment:
Last edited by Suitonic on Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:13 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Current Characters
Reizoko AironSunagakure S-Rank Missing-nin ’The Drifter’#800000

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:17 am

Hi there! I only see Salt Release which seems to be in line with what you are trying to do here, but it seems like the effects are not in line with this particular element. Some suggestions before I 1/2 it:

Make the effects only equal -5 at the very pinnacle of the control stat. Remember these effects are in addition to any effects of the jutsu, so this would effectively break the system down as your 31+ is a 9 stat loss debuff with a D ranked jutsu.

make the pinnacle control stat 35+ rather than 31+ like the Salt release linked below.

the -5 should include the speed stat, and the endurance stat, so at 35+ it would look like: -3 speed/-2 endurance (etc).

I would also make your tiers 1-14, 15-24, 25-34, and 35+ rather than 1-10, 11-30 and 31+. 11 control is a very low stat for a -4 speed debuff and muscle and joint displasia.

https://www.narutosaigen.com/forums/vie ... &t=5932357
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:34 am

Changes were affected, 1/2
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:18 pm

Koriton Affinity <- The passive should scale accordingly to the debuff rules, starting at a -1 for the lowest tier. And for the 15-24 range, while it can definitely still have an effect on them, such as making them overall harder to move or function, stopping joints and muscles from working entirely is a bit much for that level of strength
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:36 pm

Fixed the scaling and also added a 5th tier where joins and muscles stop working at 45+
Current Characters

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:07 pm

1/2
~~My characters~~

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:43 pm

As mentioned on discord, but repeating here for visibility -- we're trying to avoid persistent, thread-long debuffs from passive effects. Could you update the debuff part of the passive with a duration measured in posts instead of 'for the remainder of the topic'?

It also feels like the highest level passive has too long of a duration too. For reference, the duration for Raiton's passive was recently updated to:
Quote:
1-10 Strength: Localised numbness and muscle spasms for 1 post
11-20 Strength: Diffuse numbness and spasms for 1 post
21-30 Strength: Localised paralysis for 1 post
31-39+: Diffuse paralysis for 1 post
40+: Diffuse paralysis for 2 posts
The high level effects here (Joints or muscles affected will stop working as the area affected begins to shut down and die) aren't quite as devastating as Raiton's total paralysis, so there's a bit of leeway, but it's similar enough that we should try keep it on the same sort of scale. Perhaps lower the 45+ effect to 3 posts? I'm happy to defer to other staff here if they feel differently (full disclosure—I've spoken to Suitonic about using this passive for the Aisu in general*, so I don't want to have the final say on the balance due to potential conflict of interest)

I think this would also work better if it debuffed one stat consistently, rather than jumping between them as you go up the control scale. Although that limits the versatility a bit, it makes the style much neater and avoids the strange scenario where your higher rank jutsu aren't dealing the more basic levels of the debuff to strength/speed.

Otherwise, all good to go.

* note for the future staff that Suitonic has clearance to later swap out this character's custom hard ice conc to be in line with the future aisu revamp, for free, if he wishes.
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:59 am

Still working on this?
~~My characters~~

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:49 pm

Working on this rn.
Current Characters

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:43 pm

Valkier:
we're trying to avoid persistent, thread-long debuffs from passive effects. Could you update the debuff part of the passive with a duration measured in posts instead of 'for the remainder of the topic'?
My apologies, I was wrong on this part. Thread-long debuffs are acceptable, so long as there is an accessible method of countering it (i.e. "can be healed by iijutsu or if the affected area/body is artificially warmed up to a stable temperature").
Just thought I'd post again to let you know while you're working on it!
CharactersShow
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Suitonic

Post by Suitonic » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:13 pm

Made the recommended changes regarding the debuffs specifically applied and added a caveat on how to counter.
Current Characters

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:38 pm

1/2!
~~My characters~~

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:50 pm

Currently, Hibana's ability slot is being used to hold the Aisu fusion - Hyouton. IF you'd like to have elemental body, you'll need to convert that to its constituent concentrations (Hyouton + Adv Channeling), which you're permitted to do with the rule change. Otherwise, you can't have an elemental body as Hibana only has one ability slot.

I'm assuming you'll decde to make that change, so if you just want to post the nocode with the changes I'll accept this.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:09 pm

One week Suitonic.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:36 am

Timed out unfortunately. Suitonic when you're around please feel free to message a mod to move this back to regs and continue with it!
CharactersShow

Return to “Completed”