Chalk Style

NSRP

Chalk Style

Post by NSRP » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:22 pm

Chalk Style
[img=80,80]https://narutosaigen.com/forums/images/smilies/Chalk.png[/img]

Style Description
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Chalk, an extension composed of Fuuton and Doton, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require Chalk. Chalk style has a releasing effect. You must be a current or former Iwagakure shinobi, and have both Fuuton and Doton to utilize this concentration.
NocodeShow
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Chalk, an extension composed of Fuuton and Doton, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require Chalk. Chalk style has a [b]releasing[/b] effect. You must be a current or former Iwagakure shinobi, and have both Fuuton and Doton to utilize this concentration.
[spoiler=Passive (Releasing)]Chalk Style techniques have a [b]releasing[/b] effect. Chalk Style particles come into contact with opposing jutsu or areas affected by an opponent's jutsu and cause the chakra to be forcibly released from the impacted jutsu, thus decreasing the overall duration of multi-post jutsu, such as area of effect techniques, and shortening the range of single post jutsu, such as direct offensive jutsu. These particles can also be condensed and drawn over fuuinjutsu, reducing their overall strength and difficulty to disarm the fuuinjutsu. If the Chalk Style technique reduces the post duration of a multi-post technique by an equal amount to or greater amount than the effected technique, the technique is destroyed outright.

Chalk particles produced by these techniques must cover at least a significant portion of the area of effect (~40%) of the jutsu it's interacting with to be effective. Below is a table detailing the post limits for Chalk Style techniques, based on the Strength rating of the technique: [list][*]1-14 Strength: -1 post duration (multi-post); 5-meter range reduction (single post/constant).[*]15-24 Strength: -2 post duration (multi-post); 10 meter range reduction (single post/constant).[*]25-34 Strength: -3 post duration (multi-post); 20 meter range reduction (single post/constant).[*]35+ Strength: -4 post duration (multi-post); 40 meter range reduction (single post/constant).[/list][/spoiler]
Chalk Style is an elemental extension that combines Doton and Fuuton to make a particulate style. Chalk Style techniques have a releasing effect. Chalk Style particles come into contact with opposing jutsu or areas affected by an opponent's jutsu and cause the chakra to be forcibly released from the impacted jutsu, thus decreasing the overall duration of multi-post jutsu, such as area of effect techniques, and shortening the range of single post jutsu, such as direct offensive jutsu. These particles can also be condensed and drawn over fuuinjutsu, reducing their overall strength and difficulty to disarm the fuuinjutsu. If the Chalk Style technique reduces the post duration of a multi-post technique by an equal amount to or greater amount than the effected technique, the technique is destroyed outright.

Chalk particles produced by these techniques must cover at least a significant portion of the area of effect (~40%) of the jutsu it's interacting with to be effective. Below is a table detailing the post limits for Chalk Style techniques, based on the Strength rating of the technique:
  • 1-14 Strength: -1 post duration (multi-post); 5-meter range reduction (single post/constant).
  • 15-24 Strength: -2 post duration (multi-post); 10 meter range reduction (single post/constant).
  • 25-34 Strength: -3 post duration (multi-post); 20 meter range reduction (single post/constant).
  • 35+ Strength: -4 post duration (multi-post); 40 meter range reduction (single post/constant).
D-Rank Techniques
*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Diffusing Cloud[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user will stomp the ground and cause a 10-meter x 10-meter x 10-meter cloud of Chalk to rise up in front of the user at [Control] Speed and Strength. The Chalk particles from this technique linger in the area for up to three posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Breaker Wave[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user slams their foot down, sending out a 3-meter x 3-meter x 1-meter wave of Chalk, travels at [control] Speed and Strength. This leaves Chalk on the ground along its path that will stick to anything that steps on it, interfering with jutsu it intercepts. The wave will then crash down and expel a 6-meter x 6-meter x 6-meter cloud of Chalk that will persist in the area for up to three posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Smoke Bomb Spike[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user creates a 2 meter long, six-inch radius spike of Chalk that they then launch forward up to 5 meters away at [Control] Speed and Strength. When this technique strikes an opponent or target area, it spreads additional Chalk particulates in a 3-meter x 3-meter x 3-meter cloud that will persist in the area for up to three posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Suppression[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user fires a 3-meter diameter stream of Chalk at the opponent up to 10 meters away. This Chalk stream strikes with [Control] Speed and Strength. Upon reaching the end of its range or upon hitting an opponent or surface, the Chalk diffuses into a 3-meter x 3-meter x 3-meter cloud which will persist in the area for up to four posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

[color=silver][b]*Chalk Style • Basic Trace[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, Chalk particles will begin to form along with the inscription of a target fuuinjutsu (or the top most fuuinjutsu if there are multiple fuuinjutsu layered over each other, such as trap fuuinjutsu). This technique does not disarm the fuuinjutsu, but it does place a [control] penalty on the Control threshold required to disarm the fuuinjutsu, meaning it is easier to remove or disarm. This technique does not apply the releasing passive to other fuuinjutsu with a single-use and must be applied to each fuuinjutsu if weakening multiple fuuinjutsu.
C-Rank Techniques
*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Whitewash Trap[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user causes Chalk to flow into all-terrain within 25 meters of their location at [Control] Speed. This causes the terrain to become a large explosive trap, the Chalk laying just below the surface. Any pressure on the terrain that is faster than normal walking speed or that is not protected by some other form of countermeasure will trigger a blast in the area with [Control] Strength, launching Chalk particulates 10 meters into the air throughout the entire 25 meter area. This technique lasts for four posts or until otherwise triggered. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to four posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Silty Grip[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user quickly draws Chalk up from the ground at [Control] Speed and Strength to bind the opponent's body. Should the opponent break the binding, the Chalk binding expanding out to cover an X-meter x X-meter x X-meter space with Chalk particulates, where X is the difference between the jutsu Strength and the opponent's Strength. This Chalk cloud will persist in the area for up to three posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Choking Smog[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user forms a 3-meter diameter orb of Chalk and launches it at [Control] speed up to 25 meters away. This cloud has no actual striking strength, but after it is launched, it begins immediately discharging Chalk out to 10 meters away in every direction. The chalk is thick enough to obscure vision. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to four posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques acting with [Control] Strength]

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Deception Barrier[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user will summon a barrier of chalk measuring 5 meters x 5 meters x 3 meters at [Control] Speed and Strength. If this barrier is destroyed, the impact will spread Chalk particles up to 25 meters away in all directions. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to four posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Trailing Avalanche[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user will summon Chalk particles already on the battlefield within a 25-meter diameter toward their location at a Speed equal to [Control]. For up to the next four posts, these Chalk particulates will follow the user wherever they travel, the passive working at [Control] Strength. The Chalk particles from this technique will have their post limit refresh and persist in the area for up to four posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.
B-Rank Techniques
*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Particulate Dragnet[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user will form a wide square net measuring 20 meters x 20 meters to launch forth up to 40 meters away at [Control] Speed and Strength, trailing Chalk particles behind it. If the net reaches the maximum distance before coming into contact with the opponent, it will simply fall apart into a cloud of Chalk particles. If it makes contact with the opponent, it will quickly wrap around them and coat them with Chalk particles before detonating with no Strength and spreading Chalk in a 10-meter x 10-meter x 10-meter cloud. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to five posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Chalk Blizzard[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user sends out a 25-meter x 25-meter x 25-meter cloud of chalk in front of them at [Control] Speed. This cloud has no Strength, though it applies the debuff as if working at [Control] strength, but is thick enough to obscure vision and is constantly in motion. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to five posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Whitewash Clap[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, two 20-meter x 20-meter x 5-meter slabs of chalk will burst from the ground on either side of an opponent within 20 meters of the user's location, looking to crush them with [Control] Speed and Strength. Regardless of whether the target is crushed by this technique, Chalk particles are spread within a 15-meter diameter cloud in all directions. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to five posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.
A-Rank Techniques
*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Blinding Valley[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user infuses a 20-meter x 20-meter area of terrain within 20 meters of their location with volatile Chalk. If someone steps on the affected terrain within six posts of casting this jutsu, the area will explode, sending Chalk particles and other debris at opponents at [Control] Speed and Strength, spreading Chalk particulates up to 20 meters high within the entire targeted area. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to six posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Chalk Rockslide[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user summons five 20-meter diameter boulders of Chalk that will float and follow the user at [Control] Speed. For the next two posts, the user may fire each of these boulders at [Control] Speed and Strength. Upon launching these boulders and after making contact with the opponent or a hard surface, they will trail Chalk particles wherever they move. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to six posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Mine Collapse[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user will quickly infuse volatile chakra into a solid structure produced by Chalk Style techniques or another piece of terrain already infused with Chalk. At the end of the post or unless otherwise triggered, this technique will cause the formation or terrain to detonate with an explosion moving a [Control] Speed and Strength. If the terrain is already set for an explosion, the explosion created by this technique is set as the primary explosion, and the technique's original attack is set as a secondary explosion. Aside from these forces, this technique also spreads additional Chalk particles in the area of the explosion. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to six posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.
S-Rank Techniques
*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Erupting Cloud[/b][/color]
[i]S-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user produces a 30-meter x 30-meter x 30-meter twister of Chalk that erupts from the ground at [Control] Speed and Strength anywhere within 30 meters of the user. This causes the entire diameter inside this cloud to be buffeted and attacked by harsh, crushing chalk. This twister lasts for five posts or until otherwise destroyed. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to seven posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

*[color=silver][b]Chalk Style • Whitewash Burial[/b][/color]
[i]S-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After forming hand seals, the user raises both hands up and causes a 40-meter x 40-meter x 10-meter area of sand-like Chalk to erupt from the ground within 40 meters of the user's location. The Chalk will compact and crush the opponent(s) with [Control] Speed and Strength. This technique may be held by the user to continue crushing its targets. While this technique is active, the Chalk constantly produces Chalk particulates around it within a 10-meter vicinity of the technique itself. The technique normally lasts for four posts, but if the user focuses on the technique, they may have it last for as long as they wish, though it will continuously drain chakra, and the user will be unable to use other techniques. The Chalk particles from this technique will persist in the area for up to seven posts. The passive debuff from this technique stacks with those of other Chalk Style techniques.

If you need help, please contact a moderator through the Naruto Saigen Discord or private message one of our Moderators on the forum.

Return to “Elemental Styles”