NSRP

Doton Style

Post by NSRP » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:18 pm

Doton
Earth Release

[img=80,80]https://narutosaigen.com/forums/images/smilies/Doton.png[/img]
Elemental Information:
Doton Affinity
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Doton, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require the doton affinity. Doton has a passive enduring effect.
NocodeShow
[quote=Doton][color=saddlebrown][b]Doton Affinity[/b][/color]
A character with this concentration is able to utilize Doton, and can make and use any custom or archived jutsu that require the doton affinity. Doton has a passive [color=saddlebrown][i]enduring[/i][/color] effect.
[spoiler=Passive (Enduring)]Doton has a passive effect of [b]Endurance[/b], which means that it's power is retained throughout the entirety of the jutsu. All of a single doton jutsu retains the strength of the jutsu, even after the jutsu has been destroyed, and unlike other jutsu, doton does not fade when destroyed. This means that if a doton barrier with 25 strength is cut in half and falls to the ground, a part of that barrier could be picked up and carried as a hand held shield which would still have 25 strength, despite being a fractured part of a jutsu. This creates incredibly potent defenses, making doton a popular affinity among defensive fighters.[/spoiler][/quote]
Doton, the elemental affinity of earth, is a stable element with a variety of purposes. Doton has many uses, and can serve as a powerful offense, mighty defense, or modify the terrain to favor the user. Doton has a passive effect of endurance, which means that it's power is retained throughout the entirety of the jutsu. All of a single doton jutsu retains the strength of the jutsu, even after the jutsu has been destroyed, and unlike other jutsu, doton does not fade when destroyed. This means that if a doton barrier with 25 strength is cut in half and falls to the ground, a part of that barrier could be picked up and carried as a hand held shield which would still have 25 strength, despite being a fractured part of a jutsu. This creates incredibly potent defenses, making doton a popular affinity among defensive fighters.

Below is a list of jutsu of varying rank to explore the different uses of Doton techniques
D-Rank:
*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Earthen Ninja Tools[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a set of up to 10 basic projectiles, such as kunai, shuriken, or senbon, in their hand. These tools have [Control] strength.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Binding Formation[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After channeling doton chakra into their foot the user will slam the ground within 5 meters of a target's feet with their heel, causing a formation of rock to shoot upwards at [Control] speed binding the target's feet at [Control] strength

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Dirt Cloud[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a 1 meter diameter ball of loose dirt in front of them, launching it off up to 10 meters away at [Control] strength and speed. Upon impact the ball of loose dirt breaks apart forming a vision-impairing cloud of dirt with a 5 meter radius.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Wall[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a solid stone wall up to 5 meters away from them at [Control] speed. The wall has [Control] strength and is 3x3x1 meters large.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Trip Fault[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals, the user will cause a 1/2 meter pot hole to appear at [Control] speed somewhere within 5 meters.
C-Rank:
*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Landmine[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will tap their foot on the ground charging a 25 meter radius around their foot with explosive chakra. This is armed at [Control] speed. For the next three posts if anyone other than the user steps on the area it will explode with at a [Control] Strength explosion.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Harden Earth[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user places their palm on the ground, channelling chakra into it and increasing the density of the earth beneath them in a 25 meter radius around them. This earth is extra resilient to digging and takes strength stat equal to [Control] in order to even dent. Falling on this section of ground without a proper landing could also potentially increase damage.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Manica[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
By channeling doton chakra into their arm, the user will form rock from their shoulder downward, encasing their forearm and hand in rough and simplistic layered plates of stone. The stone passes over the hand on the back-side but leaves the palm-side uncovered allowing full dexterity of the hand for seals. This essentially resembles a manica, which is a segmented armor that spans the length of the arm. The armor has [Control] strength and speed.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Tremors[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals and holding the last one, the user will stomp their foot on the ground, releasing their chakra in it and causing it to tremor violently for one post. The tremors radiate out from the user in a 25 meter radius, knocking down anyone standing on the ground without a stability taijutsu technique of a rank equal to [Control]. Lasts as long as the last seal is held, for up to 3 posts.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Spike Shot[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a stone spike directly in front of them roughly 1.5 meter long and 1/2 meter in diameter at it's thickest point before launching the spike forward up to 25 meters away at [Control] strength and speed.
B-Rank:
*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Enduring Maze[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a series of walls in front of them at [Control] Speed, closing the top off. This maze covers a 7mx7mx3m area and the walls have an endurance of [Control] Strength.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Moving Earth Core[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user places their palms on any earthen ground, channeling chakra into it allowing them to lower or raise any 5x5 meter segment of the ground within 40 meters at [Control] speed and strength. The maximum distance the segment can be lowered or raised is 40 meters. The user must keep their palms on the ground during the course of the jutsu. If they remove their palms at any time, the jutsu will end and they will not be able to raise or lower it any further without redoing the technique.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Stone Maw[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a nondescript 2x1x2 meter jaw complete with a dense row of spiked teeth. They will then launch the head at a target for up to 40 meters traveling at [Control] speed. During the course of it's travel at any time the user can perform an additional hand seal, causing the jaw of spiked teeth to close shut, clamping and impaling whatever is within it at [Control] strength.
A-Rank:
*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Earth Dragon Bullet[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals and holding the final seal the user will form a dragons head directly in front of them. So long as they hold the seal they will be able to rotate the head and fire up to 20 meter long stone spears, one at a time, up to 65 meters away from the mouth of the dragon. The spikes fire at [Control] speed and hit with [Control] strength. While using this technique the user has to stay immobile and any movement will cancel the technique.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Earth Coffin[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form two gigantic slabs of earth around 2 cubic meters in size 65 meters away from either side of a target. The two slabs of earth will then lurch forward at [Control] speed attempting to crush the target between them at [Control] strength. This technique is slow, but powerful, and tends to work better on bigger targets who have less wiggle room to dodge.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Earth Corridor[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will form a dome of earth at [Control] speed, up to 65 meters away. The dome has a diameter of 15 meters and it's walls are nearly a meter thick, having [Control] strength. This can be used defensively or to surround/trap an opponent in a location ideal for earth style techniques.
S-Rank:
*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Earth Flow Divide[/b][/color]
[i]S-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Said to have split even mountains, after performing the correct hand seals the user will slam their palm down on the ground. Their chakra will violently rend the ground tearing it apart in 80 meter line [Control] speed and strength. The tearing is 5 meters wide and 7 meters deep, shooting dangerous rubble, rock, and everything on the ground into the surrounding air during the technique. Over all this causes great destruction and being even near the path of this technique is quite dangerous.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Birth of a New Mountain[/b][/color]
[i]S-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
Myth says this technique was said to have been used by some of the worlds most skilled earth style shinobi over the course of that past eight-hundred years to create and shape the mountains of today. After performing the correct hand seals the user will hold the final seal and become immobile as they begin to form a mountain beneath them. Should the user break the last seal for any reason, the mountain will stop forming. The mountain forms with [Control] strength, making this extremely devastating to terrain and capable of rewriting entire maps. The mountain forms at a rate of 7 meters for length and 3 meters for height for every 10 points of control the user has put into the jutsu, per post, growing out from the user which is it's epicenter. This technique can be used for a maximum of 5 posts, however it is very rare for anyone to hold such a taxing technique for such an extended period of time, due to it taking the full amount of stamina from the technique. The mountain formed has a single peak, the rest of it being a ridge.

*[color=saddlebrown][b]Doton • Soften Ground[/b][/color]
[i]S-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
After performing the correct hand seals the user will place their hands on the ground, channeling their chakra into it. Beyond a 2 meter diameter radius around the user, the earth in a 80 meter radius around them will soften into extremely fine dirt at [Control] speed and to a depth of 1.5 meters. Anyone caught in the pit will begin to sink rapidly, however those with at least 35 Speed will be fast enough to move before the fully begin to sink into the earth.

If you need help, please contact a moderator through the Naruto Saigen Discord or private message one of our Moderators on the forum.

Return to “Elemental Styles”