Sensory

NSRP

Sensory

Post by NSRP » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Sensory
Concentration:
Sensor
Sensors are shinobi who are able to activate a sixth sense which can locate and read chakra sources. Sensory is advantageous as it allows shinobi to perceive without using any of their conventional senses, which can easily be deceived. Sensors are able to collect a lot of information through the interpretation of this sixth sense.
Takes a single ninjutsu concentration
No-CodeShow
[quote=Sensory][b]Sensor[/b]
Sensors are shinobi who are able to activate a sixth sense which can locate and read chakra sources. Sensory is advantageous as it allows shinobi to perceive without using any of their conventional senses, which can easily be deceived. Sensors are able to collect a lot of information through the interpretation of this sixth sense.[/quote]
[Types] There are three types of sensory: Mind's Eye, Empathy, and Extension. For the purpose of the concentration, only Mind's Eye and Empathy take up the concentration slot. Extension types of sensory do not take up a concentration.

Mind's Eye - This is the most well known type of sensor jutsu, and also the most difficult to learn. This is done entirely without any medium involved, so they can sense anyone, no matter where they are hiding. The Mind’s Eye sensor evokes an image in the users mind of a black field, where bodies of chakra appear as blue flames, with more advanced techniques getting more specific. Being as Mind’s Eyes users are only able to “see” chakra through sensory, they are able to combine their visual field with their Mind's Eye sense.

Empathy – Empathy Sensors, are the opposite of Minds Eye users. While Mind’s Eye users can see chakra, and nothing else, Empathy Sensors can use a medium to see anything in contact with it, and nothing else. They can see the differences between parts, along with depth and pressure from whatever the user is channeling into. All empathy sensor jutsu must transfer through something, be it with the earth (doton), water (suiton), or something else of this sort. Fuuton, Doton, and sometimes Suiton are a bit harder to quantify, due to the ever existent quantity of the element. Because of such, all Doton/Fuuton/Suiton based empathy sensor jutsu must mold their chakra through the element, which moves at a speed equal to the user’s control, while the total range depends on the jutsu itself. Empathy Sensors see in snapshots, still images of the world based on the frequency of the vibrations they pick up. Being as Empathy Sensors cannot see chakra, they are not able to evaluate their opponent like a Mind’s Eye sensor can, but they can gather more precise information regarding the battle field.

Extension -Extension based jutsu involve directly channeling chakra and the sense (touch/taste/sight/hearing/smell) though a solid or liquid object and only through that object. For example, Gaara’s sand eye transfers his sight, letting him see, but it’s still his normal sight and through the sand that he already controls. These jutsu are not able to sense chakra levels, or do anything outside of the user’s own level. These also can’t sense presence or differentiate. For example, if a character is using Puppet Senses and the puppet is hit on the arm with an arrow, the puppeteer could tell it was hit, just not where it was hit, nor the exact force of the hit.

[Prerequisites and Notes] Sensory requires the user to have at least 10 Control in order to take the concentration. Additionally, sensor jutsu use a C-rank pyramid, not a D-rank pyramid like most other styles.

Minds Eye is its own pyramid, while Empathy and Extension fall into the pyramids of their respective styles or concentrations.
It should be noted that the basic sensory jutsu require extreme concentration, and typically cannot be used while the shinobi is moving around, or actively engaging in combat. You will need to make custom jutsu, with higher requirements, to be able to actively use sensory while in the heat of combat.

- Minds Eye - [b]*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses][/b]
[i]C-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisites:[/i] 10 Control
First performing handseals, this sensor jutsu is used by shinobi to feel chakra sources within a radius of 35 meters. While this jutsu is fairly helpful in sensing chakra, it is unable to actually pinpoint specific chakras outside of a 10m radius. This only gives the Shinobi an idea of how many entities with chakra are present in their general area.

[b]*[Sensory Style • Broad Sense][/b]
[i]B-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisites:[/i] [b]*[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses][/b], 20 Control
This jutsu is an extension of [Beyond Senses].After initiating this jutsu with handseals, a sensor can focus on individual chakra signatures to get a precise idea of where their opponents are at up to 25 meters. A general sense of the direction and number of chakra sources can be determined at up to 75 meters away. It should be noted that this jutsu requires intense concentration, often making the user shut their eyes so they can focus on the jutsu solely. Even with high levels of Chakra Control, this jutsu can be mentally taxing as it requires the user to sort through the individual chakra sources in the sensor’s range.

[b]*[Sensory Style • Augmented Sense][/b]
[i]A-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisites:[/i] [b]*[Sensory Style • Broad Sense][/b], 30 Control
This jutsu is an even further extension of [Broad Sense]. With this jutsu, a sensor sacrifices quality for quantity. After performing the necessary handseals, the user can view to much greater distances compared to a normal sensor, but their ability to differentiate between people starts to become muddled, meaning multiple people in close proximity will appear simply as a large chakra mass, without the users being able to distinguish how many people are there. By sitting down and meditating, they are able to start to sense further and further away. For each post of meditating, they are able to see 500 meters out, up to a max of posts equal to 1/2 their control (rounded up).

[b]*[Sensory Style • Perfected Senses][/b]
[i]S-Rank Ninjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisites:[/i] [b]*[Sensory Style • Augmented Sense][/b], 40 Control
As an extension of Augmented Senses, the ninja is able to increase the range and power of their sensor jutsu. After performing appropriate handseals, the ninja is able to view very great distances at not as much of a build up. They are able to pinpoint precise chakra locations at ranges of up to 75 meters away, while getting a general sense of directions and number of chakra sources of up to 300 meters away. It should be noted that this jutsu requires intense concentration, often making the user shut their eyes so they can focus on this jutsu solely. Even with high levels of Chakra Control, this jutsu can be mentally taxing as it requires the user to sort through individual chakra sources in the sensor's range.

- Empathy -

[b]*[color=dodgerblue][Sensory Style • Approaching Tides][/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will do a series of hand seals and place their hands to a body of water. Releasing waves of chakra out of their hands. These waves of chakra will bounce back to the user after traveling out 50 meters on the surface of the water. As the chakra returns to the user it will evoke an image in the users head of the surface of the body of water, anything on the surface, and anything up to 5 meters under the surface of the water. These are still images, not moving images, but can give the user a good idea of what is happening if they aren’t able to see otherwise.

[b]*[color=saddlebrown][Sensory Style • Approaching Tremor][/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will do a series of hand seals and place their hands to the ground. Releasing waves of chakra out of their hands. These waves of chakra will bounce back to the user after traveling out 50 meters on the ground. As the chakra returns to the user it will evoke an image in the users head of the immediate area around them, anything touching the ground and anything up to 5 meters underground. These are still images, not moving images, but can give the user a good idea of what is happening if they aren’t able to see otherwise.

[b]*[color=lightgreen][Sensory Style • Approaching Breeze][/b][/color]
[i]C-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will do a series of hand seals and place their hands in the air. Releasing waves of chakra out of their hands. These waves of chakra will bounce back to the user after traveling out 50 meters in the air. As the chakra returns to the user it will evoke an image in the users head of the immediate area around them, anything in the air and anything up to 5 meters in the air. These are still images, not moving images, but can give the user a good idea of what is happening if they aren’t able to see otherwise.

[b]*[color=dodgerblue][Sensory Style • Scholar of the Mer][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will do a series of hand seals, and then come in contact with a body of water. So long as they are already aware of an object or being in contact with that body of water within 80m of their position, they can send waves of chakra directly to that thing, sending the waves of chakra through them. This allows the user to get very precise imagery on how that person is fighting, what they have on their person, or what is within an object, or so forth. This jutsu can be maintained with movement, but does require some length of focus.

[b]*[color=saddlebrown][Sensory Style • Scholar of the Golems][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will do a series of hand seals, and then come in contact with the ground. So long as they are already aware of an object or being on the ground, within 80m of their position, they can send waves of chakra directly to that thing, sending the waves of chakra through them. This allows the user to get very precise imagery on how that person is fighting, what they have on their person, or what is within an object, or so forth. This jutsu can be maintained with movement, but does require some length of focus.

[b]*[color=lightgreen][Sensory Style • Scholar of the Angels][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will do a series of hand seals, and then place their hands in the air as the wind blows past it. So long as they are already aware of an object or being also being touched by the wind, within 80m of their position, they can send waves of chakra directly to that thing, sending the waves of chakra through them. This allows the user to get very precise imagery on how that person is fighting, what they have on their person, or what is within an object, or so forth. This jutsu can be maintained with movement, but does require some length of focus.

[b]*[color=saddlebrown][Sensory Style • Approaching Quake][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will do a series of hand seals and place their hands to the ground. Releasing waves of chakra out of their hands. These waves of chakra will bounce back to the user after traveling out 80 meters on the ground. As the chakra returns to the user it will evoke an image in the users head of the immediate area around them, anything touching the ground and anything up to 10 meters underground. These are still images, not moving images, but can give the user a good idea of what is happening if they aren’t able to see otherwise.

[b]*[color=dodgerblue][Sensory Style • Birth of Tsunami][/b][/color]
[i]B-rank Ninjutsu[/i]
The user will do a series of hand seals, focus a large amount of chakra, and then release it into a body of water. For the next 5 posts the body of chakra left in the water will act as an independent sensor. Releasing waves of chakra out 80 meters, functioning like an empathy jutsu. This will see out 80 meters, and up to 10 meters in depth, evoking flashes of images in the users head of the lay out, and things happening in the area.

If you need help, please contact a moderator through the Naruto Saigen Discord or private message one of our Moderators on the forum.

Return to “Ninpou Styles”