Fuuinjutsu

NSRP

Fuuinjutsu

Post by NSRP » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:07 pm

Fuuinjutsu Fuuinjutsu is a unique type of art used throughout the shinobi world. Fuuinjutsu, known as Sealing Arts, makes use of symbols to channel and control chakra in the absence of an actual shinobi channeling the chakra. Fuuinjutsu are extremely powerful as they forgo the need to perform hand seals, channel chakra, or otherwise focus on the implementation of a technique.

All Fuuinjutsu can be grouped into one of two schools: Storage & Force, Charge & Augment Below we'll explore the two different types of fuuinjutsu, their effects and limitations. Note: While there are two types, fuuinjutsu is 1 pyramid.
Storage & Force FuuinjutsuShow
Concentration Information:
Storage & Force Fuuinjutsu
This user is able to utilize Storage Fuuinjutsu and Force Fuuinjutsu, making it possible for them to utilize any jutsu with the Storage or Force Classification. Storage Fuuinjutsu can be used to store supplies, weapons, armor, or anything in between. Force Fuuinjutsu are used to release, counteract, and capture energy.
NocodeShow
[quote=Storage & Force Fuuinjutsu][color=#444F51][b]Storage & Force Fuuinjutsu[/b][/color]
This user is able to utilize Storage Fuuinjutsu and Force Fuuinjutsu, making it possible for them to utilize any jutsu with the Storage or Force Classification. Storage Fuuinjutsu can be used to store supplies, weapons, armor, or anything in between. Force Fuuinjutsu are used to release, counteract, and capture energy.[/quote]
Storage FuuinjutsuShow
Storage Fuuinjutsu are the most common type of fuuinjutsu, found all around. Storage Fuuin are used to keep objects within them, may it be for hiding, transportation, or simply convenience. Storage Fuuin are easy to use, and can be learned by anyone who is willing to take the time. Storage Fuuinjutsu, while easy to utilize, are time consuming to create, which means they have limited combat capabilities. Due to this, most practitioners of Storage Fuuin use it to supplement their other skills, its convenience to store weapons makes it popular among taijutsu users who specialize in weapons proficiency, as it allows them to carry a wide array of weapons on their person. Storage Fuuinjutsu take up chakra to create, then cost again to release, though their long term usage means users often recover chakra between creation and release. Below are various rules surrounding Storage Fuuin.
  • Storage Fuuin cannot be used to store anything living, or anything with an active chakra source, with the exception of plants that are not aspects of jutsu.
  • The quantity a fuuinjutsu can store is designated by it's size, and how large of an item it can store is designated by it's rank. This means a D-rank Storage Fuuin could fit on your palm, and store 10 kunai, but you would never have enough body mass to store 200 kunai, even if you had an appropriate jutsu. The size determination is left at the discretion of the moderator, and is expected to be within reasonable boundaries.
  • Chakra Kai works on a storage fuuin in two manners.
    • When the item it's designated to store is placed on it, performing Chakra Kai stores the weapon within the Fuuin.
    • When a Fuuin is full, performing Chakra Kai or it's counterparts ejects whatever is stored within the fuuin.
  • A destroyed Storage Fuuin will eject everything stored within it, without force.
Force FuuinjutsuShow
Force Fuuinjutsu are Fuuinjutsu that create energy, counteract, and capture energy. These Fuuinjutsu are more offensive, and are most commonly witnessed as Exploding Tags. Force Fuuinjutsu come in many shapes and forms, and are developed for combat. Like Storage Fuuinjutsu, Force Fuuin can be learned by anyone who takes the time to develop their skill in it. Force Fuuinjutsu on its own requires a surface to be written on, most commonly tags. Force Fuuin are more or less Storage Seals that are only effective against Energy, which comes with advantages and disadvantages. Like Storage Fuuinjutsu, they take up chakra to create and to activate. Below are rules for Force Fuuinjutsu:
  • Force Fuuinjutsu cannot store anything solid.
  • Force Fuuinjutsu do not release their energy when destroyed unless they are burned. Burning one of any nature will always release that energy if it has any in it.
  • Force Fuuinjutsu get larger the more strength they store. This means that after a certain point, it is unreasonable to carry tags for Force Fuuinjutsu, as they would be excessively large. This means that high ranking force fuuinjutsu must be made on the spot.
  • Force Fuuin can be designed to work in conjunction with each other to act as pathways for energy.
  • Force Fuuinjutsu work in 3 ways with Chakra Kai
    • When the Fuuin is empty, Chakra Kai sets it as "open", where the Fuuin will absorb force up to it's capacity then close itself.
    • When the Fuuin is full, Chakra Kai unleashes, which activates it and releases it's force.
    • If Chakra Kai is used on two linked Force Fuuins, it will "open" both, allowing energy to enter one Fuuin, then exit the other immediately.
  • Force Fuuinjutsu are designed to store energy, and a specific type of energy. A Raiton Force Fuuinjutsu could not be used to store energy from a Katon jutsu. Additionally, a Force Fuuin used to contain kinetic energy could remove the energy from projectiles, but the projectile would simply fall flat, and would remain where it was (often this would destroy the fuuin regardless, negating the process.)
Charge & Augment FuuinjutsuShow
Charge & Augment
Concentration Information:
Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu
This user is able to utilize Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu, making it possible for them to utilize any jutsu with the Charge Classification. Charge Fuuinjutsu are used to create jutsu-like effects using seals. Augment Fuuinjutsu are used to enhance or limit the power of whatever they are placed on.
NocodeShow
[quote=Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu][color=#444F51][b]Charge& Augment Fuuinjutsu[/b][/color]
This user is able to utilize Charge & Augment Fuuinjutsu, making it possible for them to utilize any jutsu with the Charge & Augment Classification. Charge Fuuinjutsu are used to create jutsu-like effects using seals. Augment Fuuinjutsu are used to enhance or limit the power of whatever they are placed on.[/quote]
Charge FuuinjutsuShow
Charge Fuuinjutsu are a type of Fuuinjutsu used in place of normal ninjutsu, bypassing the need for hand seals. They are powerful in their ability to be set up in advance, used on the fly, or anywhere in between. Charge Fuuin are extremely powerful, and when combined with other Fuuin types make incredibly potent combinations that can completely alter the course of combat. However, they are costly in execution, and complex, making them extremely difficult to master. Charge Fuuin cost double the chakra of a normal ninjutsu, costing once to design, then again to execute. A Charge Fuuin can create reasonably any effect that could be created by ninjutsu. This means a fuuinjutsu that erects a barrier would fall in this category, as would one that shoots out a fireball, or creates vines to capture people. Below are the rules for Charge Fuuin.

A user does not need to know the normal form of a jutsu to create a fuuinjutsu with its effect, and having a fuuinjutsu for it does not assume the user can perform it without the fuuinjutsu.
  • Charge Fuuin always release jutsu or sustain jutsu. They cannot be used to capture, act as pathways for Space/Time jutsu, or create an "effect" like Augmenting Fuuin.
  • Charge Fuuin size is determined by the amount of strength stored within it, while it may be an S-rank effect its casting, if the strength is in lower numbers the fuuinjutsu would shrink in size.
  • When written on something, the fuuin lasts until activated or destroyed.
  • A destroyed Charge fuuinjutsu has no effect.
  • Because these fuuinjutsu are controlled by the chakra within the seal, and not by the user, charge fuuin have to have pre-designated effects within their description. A Charge Fuuinjutsu cannot release a "controlled" jutsu that behaves at the whims of the user.
  • All charge fuuin are single use. They must be re-written once used, they cannot be "recharged".
Augment FuuinjutsuShow
Augment Fuuinjutsu are a type of fuuinjutsu that fill a role similar to Charge Fuuin, creating an effect on whatever it's placed on, rather than releasing a technique. These jutsu are mostly support based, but can be offensive. They're used to strengthen defenses of their own, or weaken defenses of opponents, to paralyze or weaken others, and grant boosts to their strengths. This ability makes them incredibly effective. The unique aspect of these fuuin is that they cannot be written on tags, they must be done directly onto the surface in which they intend on achieving the effect. This means often times Augment Fuuin cannot be prepared in advance. Below are the rules on augmenting Fuuin.
  • Augmenting Fuuin consume chakra when activated, not when written. The fuuin directs and circulates the chakra to sustain the effect.
  • Augmenting Fuuin once over are done, and need to be rewritten to cast their effect again.
  • Augmenting Fuuin can enhance defenses to the strength equal to the amount of Control they put into their reinforcement augment fuuinjutsu. The size of these Fuuin are dependent on the reinforcement strength, but in the context of the object being reinforced. For example, a 50 strength reinforcement jutsu would take up majority of a weapon's surface space, while 25 strength would take up roughly under half.
  • Augmenting Fuuin follow all rules that would apply to a jutsu achieving the same effect.
  • Augmenting Fuuin have no specific size requirements, but do have to be of a design to flow chakra, meaning they cannot be too small to see, and typically get larger with complexity.
  • If any portion of the augmenting fuuin is disrupted, its effect is canceled.
  • Augmenting Fuuin can store genjutsu to be initiated later.
  • Augment Fuuin cannot be used to remove post counts on ninjutsu or genjutsu.
  • Augmenting Fuuin glow for the entire time they are active, typically making them relatively easy to notice.
Fuuinjutsu ranks are based upon the complexity of the seal and how many things that seal can do. A seal that releases a raw explosive force may be labeled as a D-rank for how simplistic it is, while a seal that nullifies their chakra may be an A-rank because it's a chakra nullification based jutsu that is more complex than a simple explosion.

Fuuinjutsu, while powerful, has its size determined by the Strength of the seal as well. For example, the seal that releases the raw explosive strength may be the size of a single explosive tag however with the more strength added to it the larger it will become, but the seal that nullifies chakra on its target may be 1 meter in total length due to its lack of raw strength output.

Fuuinjutsu can be created 1 of 2 ways. First, they can perform hand seals, then place a hand on the surface the fuuinjutsu is being applied to, and a seal will form there. They can also be drawn, drawing a fuuinjutsu takes at minimum, the amount of time it would take to perform the hand seals. This means that all fuuinjutsu must be performed at close range. However, if you have a medium that can be used to drawn at a distance (Ink Release, Doton to kinesis to etch it into the ground, or a swarm that can take the shape), you can perform ranged fuuinjutsu by drawing them at a range with your medium. However this requires the Ranged Fuuinjutsu concentration below.
Ranged Fuuinjutsu:
Ranged Fuuinjutsu
By taking this concentration this user is able to use a medium to draw fuuinjutsu from long ranges, allowing them to place fuuinjutsu without being directly in contact with the surface they'd like to place the fuuinjutsu on.
NocodeShow
[quote=Ranged Fuuinjutsu]
[b]Ranged Fuuinjutsu[/b]
By taking this concentration this user is able to use a medium to draw fuuinjutsu from long ranges, allowing them to place fuuinjutsu without being directly in contact with the surface they'd like to place the fuuinjutsu on.[/quote]
Fuuinjutsu Removal

Removal Fuuinjutsu deals with the disposal, deactivation, and all around extermination of Fuuinjutsu. Removal Fuuinjutsu only requires the Fuuinjutsu concentration. The only requirement for removal of Fuuinjutsu is that the user has Control equal to that of which the Fuuinjutsu was created with and the Removal Fuuinjutsu in the archives. For example, if a user is attempting to remove a Fuuinjutsu created with 35 Control, they would need to possess 35 Control themselves. The only exception there is to this rule are Fuuinjutsu seals created with Tenkujutsu which require their own Tenkujutsu variant.
Fuuinjutsu (6D, 6C, 4B, 3A, 1S):
D-rank Fuuinjutsu (6):
*[color=black][b]Charge Fuuinjutsu • Air Seal[/b][/color]
D-Rank Fuuinjutsu
A truly unique move in that it can be used alongside other Fuuinjutsu, by channeling into their finger as they draw in the air directly in front of them, the user releases raw chakra the lingers for a small amount of time, allowing it to be used as a seal formula. Alternatively the user can also do hand seals and place their hands forward, causing a seal to burst to life in the air in front of them. This technique consumes chakra equal to the cost of the technique.

*[color=black][b]Fuuinjutsu • Removal[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user will hold their hand over a seal, and begin to remove it. This removal will be successful as long as the user has more [Control] than that of which the Fuuinjutsu was sealed with.

*[color=black][b]Storage Fuuinjutsu • Tool Storage[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After drawing a seal formula on a surface, ensuring it is large enough for the object that is about to be stored. The user will then begin placing the object into the seal. The user can only seal objects up to their ([Control]*2)m^3 in size.

*[color=black][b]Force Fuuinjutsu • Explosive Tag[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After drawing a ([Control]/5)x([Control]/5) meter seal formula on a surface of an object. The user will then arm it with their chakra up to [Control] strength with a concussive force explosion outwards from itself.

*[color=black][b]Storage Fuuinjutsu • Sealing Defense[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
By having an empty surface with a seal formula placed on it, the user is able to use the seal as a defensive measure. Holding a single, one-handed hand seal, the user attempts to block the incoming projectile with the surface. Right before contact is actually made, the projectile will be sealed into the seal. While strong, the seal must be the same size or larger than the projectile it is attempting to seal. This seal can protect up to the user’s [Control] in Strength. Once used to seal and then release again, the seal will need to be rewritten. The user can only seal objects up to their ([Control]*2)m^3 in size.

*[color=black][b]Charge Fuuinjutsu • Barrier Trap[/b][/color]
[i]D-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After placing four barrier tags in a square, the user draws a line connecting each of the tags. When kai'd, all the tags are set off simultaneously throwing up a barrier at a strength and speed of the user’s [Control]. This barrier lasts for 4 posts.
C-rank Fuuinjutsu (6):
*[color=black][b]Force Fuuinjutsu • Fiery Capped Grenade[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisite:[/i] [b][color=orangered]Katon[/color][/b]
After drawing a ([Control]/5)x([Control]/5) meter seal formula on a surface of an object. The user will then arm it with their chakra up to [Control] strength with a fiery [b][color=orangered]Katon[/color][/b] fueled explosion outwards from itself.

*[color=black][b]Storage Fuuinjutsu • Storage Strike[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
Used in conjunction with storage seals, the user forms the needed hand seals then touches the storage seal causing it to release up to three of the objects stored in it simultaneously, as if they were thrown at a strength of the user’s [Control]. The three objects will be released in a small spread, only a few inches apart from each other.

*[color=black][b]Storage Fuuinjutsu • Depth Seal[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After drawing a seal of appropriate size for the object but no larger than 1 meter, the user is able to store things at depth within this seal to near limitless lengths. The user is able to store up to [Control]/2 of the same item within this seal regardless of the depth of the surface.

*[color=black][b]Augment Fuuinjutsu • Secret Seal[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user will chant off a list of words, then they’ll then touch the target’s tongue as the seal forms on it. As long as the seal remains on the target's tongue, their ability to speak those words is removed.

*[color=black][b]Augment Fuuinjutsu • Strengthen and Enhance[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After drawing the necessary seals on the object, the user will imbue the object with a strength equal to their [Control]. The size of this fuuinjutsu is contextual in terms of the object it is applied to and the strength it is enhanced to. For example, if imbued with 50 strength the object will have 90% of its surface space covered, while if only imbued with 25 strength roughly under half of its surface space would be taken up by the seal.

*[color=black][b]Augment Fuuinjutsu • Link[/b][/color]
[i]C-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
By performing the necessary hand seals, the user will then touch their target’s ear and on the lips, this creates an audio link between themselves and any targets they personally place this seal combination on. While hearing is always active, channeling chakra into the seal allows affected targets to speak, their words being stored and transmitted to the other seals. The act of speaking charges negligent chakra.
B-rank Fuuinjutsu (4):
*[color=black][b]Force Fuuinjutsu • Explosive Reversal[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisite:[/i] *[color=black][b]Charge Fuuinjutsu • Air Seal[/b][/color]
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user will create two seals in the air with raw chakra in size equal to the user's ([Control]/5)x([Control]/5) in meters in-front of each hand. This seal will be able to withstand a strength equal to the user's [Control] taking explosive strength in one seal, and expanding it back out the other seal effectively sling shotting the attack back in whichever direction the seal is pointed.

*[color=black][b]Augment Fuuinjutsu • Mute[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
The user will perform the necessary hand seals then touch their target, a 10x10 inch seal on their target will form, completely removing their ability to speak until the seal is removed or deactivated.

*[color=black][b]Charge Fuuinjutsu • Binding Wires[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After drawing a seal formula in an area of desired size. If anything steps within the area of the seal it will trigger this seal formula to grow and shoot off of it's surface at a speed and strength of the user’s [Control]. After three posts the seal runs out of energy and fades allowing the target to move once more.

*[color=black][b]Charge Fuuinjutsu • Scarlet Fever[/b][/color]
[i]B-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
The user will perform the necessary hand seals, as they then touch the ground a [Control] meter box appearing around them with a seal in each corner. Once activated, the jutsu will create a perimeter. Within the perimeter, no one is able to hear or see anything, and is completely unable to talk. Exiting the perimeter immediately returns these senses, however. This perimeter remains in place for 10 posts, but destroying one of the seals will deactivate it.
A-rank Fuuinjutsu (3):
*[color=black][b]Augment Fuuinjutsu • Chakra Forbid Seal[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After forming the necessary hand seals, the user will have their hand glow with five seals on each of their fingers before they make contact with their target transferring the seals. This seals off the target's tenketsu, disturbing their chakra flow and blocking it, essentially making the target incapable of utilizing their chakra for jutsu as long as the seal is on them.

*[color=black][b]Augment Fuuinjutsu • Paralysis[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After forming the necessary hand seals, the user will have their hand glow with five seals on each of their fingers before they make contact with their target transferring the seals.This seals off the target’s ability to move their body and limbs disrupting their nervous system. This does not affect jutsu casting or ability to think.

*[color=black][b]Charge Fuuinjutsu • Doppelgänger Trap[/b][/color]
[i]A-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
[i]Prerequisite:[/i] *[color=#s][color=#s][b]Shadow Clone Technique[/b][/color][/color]
After drawing a 8x11 inch seal formula on a surface, the user forms the needed hand seals for the shadow clone technique then touches the seal. Next, they will place the seal on any desired surface then perform an additional set of seals locking it in place and arming the technique. If the seal is removed physically, the fuuinjutsu activates releasing a shadow clone of the person who removed the seal which proceeds to combat them, attempting to kill their original. This trap is best used in situations where the seal needs to be removed in order to achieve a separate objective. This usage of the Shadow Clone will not halve the user's Chakra Pool, and the doppelganger will poof after a two to three solid hit. The main strength though is the doppelganger knows the same moves at its user, making it hard to land blows on.
S-rank Fuuinjutsu (1):
*[color=black][b]Charge Fuuinjutsu • Draining Barrier[/b][/color]
[i]S-Rank Fuuinjutsu[/i]
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user will touch the ground creating a sprawling seal on the floor beneath them up to [Control]x[Control]m in size. This barrier has a strength equal to the user’s [Control], it also drains anyone who enters this barrier’s [Chakra Pool] by -8 per post dissipating it into the air outside of the barrier. This barrier lasts for 5 posts.
Last edited by Valkier on Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed mislabeled rank on *Force Fuuinjutsu • Explosive Reversal

If you need help, please contact a moderator through the Naruto Saigen Discord or private message one of our Moderators on the forum.

Return to “Ninpou Styles”