Skitter Step Style

NSRP

Skitter Step Style

Post by NSRP » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Skitter Step The Skitter Step is a style that relies heavily on the user's senses. The style itself is a mesh of quick, fast, and wild punches, kicks, and jumps. Due to the user altering their senses, every bit of movement is heard and, since they can start to respond to things instinctively, they can respond to things that normally wouldn't have been able to be heard/seen/done. In addition to the heightened senses, users are normally in a "paranoid" state, where they start to suspect things that aren't always there. Skitter Step is composed almost entirely of Disciplines, meaning that the user often does no have control of how they fight or attack, even in the case of friends.

If overused, the style can lead to paranoia in individuals, along with constant fidgeting, making experts in the style quite well known for these activities.
  • Requires: [Acrobatics] and [Perception]
  • Requires: *[Skitter Step • Senses Open] prerequisite to learn any other jutsu.
NocodeShow
[quote=Skitter Step][color=#EF2B2D][b]Skitter Step[/b][/color]
The Skitter Step is a style that relies heavily on the user's senses. The style itself is a mesh of quick, fast, and wild punches, kicks, and jumps. Due to the user altering their senses, every bit of movement is heard and, since they can start to respond to things instinctively, they can respond to things that normally wouldn't have been able to be heard/seen/done. In addition to the heightened senses, users are normally in a "paranoid" state, where they start to suspect things that aren't always there.

If overused, the style can lead to paranoia in individuals, along with constant fidgeting, making experts in the style quite well known for these activities.[list][*][i][b]Requires:[/b] [Acrobatics] and [Perception][*][b]Requires[/b] [b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Senses Open][/color][/b] prerequisite to learn any other jutsu.[/i][/list][/quote]

E-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Stop][/color][/b]
E-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
[b]Prerequisite: [/b]Any form of Senses Open used.
The user will make a fist with their right hand, and place it against their palm with their left hand, against their chest. This calms the users senses and returns them to a centered state.
D-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Back Jab][/color][/b]
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite:[/b] [i]A form of Senses Open used.[/i]
After using any form of "Senses Open" when the user hears motions behind them, they'll instinctively kick a foot back behind them to strike whatever the source of the sound was.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Inside Dodge][/color][/b]
The counter Discipline to Outside Dodge. Having mastered this Discipline, when the user is actively using Skitter Step, should they be in close quarters combat, their body instinctively dodges to the inside of an attack which keeps them centered on their opponent's torso. These dodges are only successful if their average [Tai+Instinct+Speed/3] is greater than the speed of the attack.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Outside Dodge][/color][/b]
The counter Discipline to Inside Dodge. Having mastered this Discipline, when the user is actively using Skitter Step, should they be in close quarters combat, their body instinctively dodges to the outside of an attack which forces them to be constantly moving around their opponent. These dodges are only successful if their average [Tai+Instinct+Speed /3] is greater than the speed of the attack.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Reject][/color][/b]
The counter discipline to Accept. When faced with an extended limb, may it be an arm or leg, a master of this discipline will always bat at the extended limb with full force, typically aiming for the joint of the limb in order to cause it to collapse.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Accept][/color][/b]
The counter discipline to Reject. When faced with an extended limb, may it be an arm or leg, a master of this discipline will always reach to capture the extended limb with one hand, typically aiming for the most distal portion of the limb. This gives them an opportunity of controlling their opponent.
C-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Senses Open][/color][/b]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
The main jutsu of the Skitter Step, Senses Open does exactly what the name states. The user takes a moment to focus their bodies, then releases it. While in this stance, the users sensory input is increased, allowing them to receive more information quickly. This causes a +2 in Taijutsu, and a +4 in speed, but a -3 in Ninjutsu and -3 in Control. This stance will remain in effect until deactivated by [Stop]. Practioners of this technique will find themselves fidgetting and constantly moving, which can make it difficult for them to use this style while on stealth missions.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Instinctive Draw][/color][/b]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Should a user learn this Discipline, any time a projectile is launched at them is picked up by their senses, the user will instictively draw their a weapon of their own and bat at the weapon to knock it away. If their average [Tai+Instinct+Speed /3] is greater than the speed of the projectile, they'll succeed.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Snap Kick][/color][/b]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
The user performs a quick snap kick forwards, or, if needed, a snap kick to either side by bringing their leg up and kicking outwards. If "Senses Open" was previously used, the user is able to quickly and instinctively kick out in about any direction and even able to do a turn on their heel, then kick what was behind them.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Pounce][/color][/b]
Because of the Skitterer's paranoid nature, they can slightly sense things around them. At a slight hint of an attack, the user will jump out of the way in the opposite direction of the attack, letting them dodge projectiles or jutsu.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Roll][/color][/b]
Masters of this discipline are recognize the importance of evasion, and have trained their bodies to roll naturally. When faced with an attack from the chest up, that cannot be deflected, the user will naturally drop their body into a roll and roll to the right or left, which ever grants the user better positioning. This dodging technique only works if the users [Taijutsu+Instinct+Speed/3] is greater than the speed of the attack.
B-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Total Senses Open][/color][/b]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
An advanced version of "Senses Open." The user floods chakra to their senses, which expands their usage even more, causing them to hear every minute sound, but a loud sound won't cause them to go deaf or anything of the like. The user also can start to hallucinate if they stay in this stage too long (5 posts). Everything that is able to be heard, the user hears. Everything that is able to be seen is able to be seen. The user, to anyone else, will appear to have gone completely crazy. This causes a +4 in Taijutsu, +5 in Speed, but a -4 in Ninjutsu, and -5 in Control.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Aerial Dance][/color][/b]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Masters of this Discipline have taught their body to function, always, regardless of position. This means that even while in the air the user is able to functionally react with any disciplines they've trained, so long as they don't require footing.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Counter Strike][/color][/b]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite:[/b] [i]A form of Senses Open used, Inside Dodge or Outside Dodge[/i]
An advancement of their previous disciplines, Counter Strike focuses on combing a dodge with instantly attacking. whenever Inside dodge or Outside Dodge are activated, the user will instinctively strike as they dodge, throwing a punch into the openings created by the dodge.
A-rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Advance][/color][/b]
A-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite:[/b] [i]A form of Senses Open used, both Inside Dodge and Outside Dodge Disciplines[/i]
The user has trained their bodies to track opponents to keep close quarters with them, always maintaining a body's interval with the opponent. This means that once the user has entered close quarters range, the users body will naturally and passively maintain this interval. Should the opponent take a step back, the user naturally takes a step forward. So long as the user is physical capable of matching the opponents speed, they will always stay within that interval of the opponent, allowing them to mantain close quarters.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Lessons on Instinct][/color][/b]
The user has taught their body to adapt through this discpline. This allows the user to instinctively draw conclusions on the opponents fighting style. Masters of this discipline, unconsciously learn how their opponent's fight, and upon seeing a technique used twice, naturally recognize it's execution. While a master of this discipline cannot consciously recognize the movements that telegraph attacks, their bodies instinctively pick up on them, which grants them a +4 in taijutsu and speed in terms of reacting to the attack.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Tribute][/color][/b]
[b]Prerequisite:[/b] [i]A form of Senses Open used,[/i] [i]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Accept][/color][/i]
An advancement of the [Accept] Discipline, for those who prefer close range encounters. Rather than capture the extended limb with a single hand, the user passively collapses their arms around any extended limbs, bringing them into their body, then grabbing with their free hand. So long as the user has more strength than the opponent, their bodies will instinctively hold onto the extended limb, and hyperextend it at it's joint. If successful, the joint will snap, maiming the opponent.
S-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Perfect Senses Open][/color][/b]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
Often mistaken for Drunken Fist, this Taijutsu Stance forgoes conscious thought for completely instinctive action. The user stands with their arms at their side, their hips slightly tilted with one foot slightly more forward than the other. They'll take a deep breath in, then out, and close their eyes. Once in this stance, the users body will twitch occasionally, their eyes fluttering between open and closed. Unless they have Disciplines for attacking, the user will only move when attacked, responding based on the Disciplines they have. They gain +9 speed and +6 Instinct, but -7 Ninjutsu and -8 Control. This Stance lasts for 10 posts, and cannot be turned off, often making the user combative even after combat. Because they attack based on all their sensory information, and are not fully conscious, users of this Stance are often immune to genjutsu unless they effect all 5 senses. They do not talk, or actually process any sounds they hear beyond the location they are coming from. The user cannot use any ninjutsu or genjutsu while utilizing this Stance.

If you need help, private message Niro, Valkier, or the nearest online Moderator.

Return to “Taijutsu Styles”