Staff Swap Announcement

Ace Trainer

Staff Swap Announcement

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:32 pm

Hey.

So, if you look to the left, you'll see my name isn't quite as green as it normally is. And you'll also see that a few of our higher staff are no longer staff. This is all intentional. :)

So, I more or less made this decision on my own. I discussed it briefly with my peers, some agreed and others ignored me, so I acted executively. So I want to explain to everyone what I did, and why I did it.

I've demoted all the of the GM and LM, save Director and Ginja who have been promoted to LM. I left myself as a GM ONLY because I want to be able to assist with the transition. It is in my opinion that NSRP has been struggling the past 6 months or so. Part of that is on me, as I've dealt with various difficulties in my real life I've been unable to properly give the forum the attention it needs and deserves from me. My peers have all been facing similar struggles. We, for the most part, joined NSRP when it was a very different forum, with different rules,and different people. We all love the forum for different reasons, but NSRP has changed abundantly since its conception 9 years ago.

This change definitely takes a drain on us, both as members and moderators. We have 9 years of various rules stuffed in our brains, some of them no longer relevant. We have friends we've lost, feuds we've had, and all sorts of things, and as time goes on, many of us remain for nostalgia and not for duty. I'm not saying anyone specific is like that, but some of us are. Over all, I personally feel that while I have done a lot of good things for NSRP as an administrator, and as the leader of the current administrative team, I think that its time for us to hand over the reigns, as our leadership at this point, I believe, is doing more harm to NSRP than good.

Director and Ginja are both relatively new to the forum in terms of the big picture, but have been an enormous help to the staff. They have showed comprehensive understanding of the rules, a willingness to go above and beyond to do whatever is needed to get things done. They both have natural leadership skills, good intuition on how to manage the forum, and have lots of ideas. They are knowledgeable about our memberbase, and are popular among you all that leaves me confident that they'll be able to do a good job.

I am quitting, more or less, and my final act was to do what I personally felt was the best move for the forum. I'll remain as a GM for a month or so, to just help smooth over the transition, provide any insight to Ginja and Director they may need from me, and do anything in my power to ensure NSRP is going in the right direction.

They'll be posting an announcement sometime in the next couple of days to give you their own little leadership introductions, and announce changes they plan on making outright.

As always, you all are welcome to post in this topic to ask question, discuss, criticize, or voice any opinions you have. You can also reach out to me on the cbox, via PM, on skype, or however else. I trust that you all will treat Ginja and Director with the same respect that you've given me to make this experience as an admin a delight.

Thank you all. Love you.
Ace Trainer
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Nick

Staff Swap Announcement

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:14 pm

#GunshanksForOverlordAdmin

But seriously, thank you guys for everything you've done and will do.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Valkier

Staff Swap Announcement

Post by Valkier » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:54 pm

Gunshanks:
Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 pm
But seriously, thank you guys for everything you've done and will do.
Couldn't have put it better myself. Thanks to those of you stepping down for all your hard work & dedication over the many years! I'm sure I'm not alone in the community in saying that I really appreciate it, and wish you all the best in wherever you go from here.

Much love.
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Takumi

Staff Swap Announcement

Post by Takumi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:30 pm

Thank you, Onu, for everything you did for this place. You created a place I fell in love with. Even though I'm a bit of an outsider, you always entertained my criticisms and questions, even when you could have easily dismissed them. Although I didn't always agree with your decisions, I do believe you were a great admin. If it weren't for you and Vyr, I certainly wouldn't be here. I'm sad to see you step down as lead mod, but I'm excited for the future. I have faith in the new wave of leadership because I trust your decisions.

Return to “Announcements and Information”