Character Limitations Answer

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Wed May 24, 2017 12:08 pm

Sia:
Wed May 24, 2017 12:04 pm
Ace Trainer:
Wed May 24, 2017 3:00 am
Can we get a more thorough explanations of this? It seems a lot of counter arguments are being produced by the members that aren't being addressed by the staff. If the staff is against the change then so be it, but they should be able to present sound reasoning to it. That doesn't appear to be the case atm
Seemed like a lot of staff where on board also, at least looking at this thread so I don't understand how staff discussion turned to absolute no when staff seemed to like the idea in some way?
Like you can already do more with henchies, like not only can they do lonlies with you but they can do all the social and PB stuff that is suggested as one of the things not to be allowed to do this way with characters.
So if you can do lonlies, socials and PBs with your henchies, it makes sense that between characters you can at least just do lonlies.

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Wed May 24, 2017 5:45 pm

TyDie:
Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 pm
I'll give my two cents publicly on this: I'd be okay with the idea of character interactions between two RPCs controlled by one RPer as long as a few rules are in place:

-You cannot enter a PvP situation with two of your characters working together (Unless agreed upon by the opposing party)
-You cannot in any way use one of your own character to benefit another of your characters. If you are found trying to do this, your ability to interact with your own characters can be removed.
-You either get half points for both of your characters in the thread, or full points for a single character in the thread.

if these things are put in place (Particularly the first and second ones), I don't see a reason to disallow this. We went half way with the lifting of character limitations, we might as well go all the way. This is my opinion on the matter.
This seems incredibly reasonable
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Jinan B

Post by Jinan B » Tue May 30, 2017 12:25 am

Sia:
Ace Trainer:
Can we get a more thorough explanations of this? It seems a lot of counter arguments are being produced by the members that aren't being addressed by the staff. If the staff is against the change then so be it, but they should be able to present sound reasoning to it. That doesn't appear to be the case atm
also bump
Characters
NameRankVillageOrgColour
Karagata, Kinsue
Jounin
Kirigakure
HHD

Mediumseagreen
Kenitsuna, Ko’ichi
Genin
Iwagakure
None

Lightsteelblue
Test Thread Saigen Census V2

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue May 30, 2017 2:43 pm

If two of your own characters social which would be a lonely, or if they are in the same thread then let's have it so just one of them get's points! Problem solved?
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Sia

Post by Sia » Tue May 30, 2017 4:25 pm

Jinan B:
Tue May 30, 2017 5:25 am
Sia:
Ace Trainer:
also bump
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Wed May 31, 2017 1:46 am

Kitsui:
Tue May 30, 2017 7:43 pm
If two of your own characters social which would be a lonely, or if they are in the same thread then let's have it so just one of them get's points! Problem solved?
This for sure, like it would count as a lonely just like RPing with your henchies in a thread or just making up NPCs on the spot to make your lonely go somewhere.

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:23 pm

The reasoning is it would allow you to over power, and dominate in a social fight with two of your own PCs. Not only that, but allowing characters to interact can easily allow you to sway and control your own thread. Or totally change a characters likeness without needing outside interaction. This also allows them to make more changes easily without little to no effort put forth by them achieving a goal set by a PB with a story teller.

Henches are a different story as they are not characters on their own, but supporting characters of the PC. They do not achieve points on their own for use, and are not thought about as the same level. They are always inferior as they're not intended to be a PC.

Again interacting characters is still a no. We do not want to promote people utilizing their characters for benefits more than what is already allowed. It can be abused by people utilizing a character in benefit of another via a social by swaying their opinion, or by initiating a change within the character that otherwise would cause intervention of someone else to do. The prevention of character interaction is meant to also encourage RP with others rather than just yourself writing sets of lonelies or utilizing two characters. Like Chuck said, you can create multiple throwaways to benefit the main, or sacrifice others. While socials aren't intended to be used this way, it does not mean they aren't used for important character moments or important key parts of an org nor will it prevent people from trying to use it this way. Opening this avenue would provide more trouble than it would rp benefit, and something that's not going to be allow. The answer is still no, and its not gonna be swayed otherwise. We will stick with this ruling.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:04 am

Yeah but if you don't allow points for both characters nor allow the fighting, then that argument about swaying control or changing likeness is completely invalid and null.

Your own point about henchies completely goes against those points because that's exactly how it would work with 2 characters as well.
A henchmen or even a NPC can do just that and heck a NPC has no effort at all, just make one up on the spot and do your thread with the NPC pushing your character's story along.

So then, again, why can't 2 characters interact in this very same way you just said is allowed? Your argument and points counteract each other and simply say 2 characters interacting together like this should be fine.
Heck its more hard work than NPC or maybe even an henchmen since you still have to flesh out a whole new character with history and everything compared to an NPC and possibly henchmen.

Seems like you're latching onto this argument about fighting and points when everyone pointed out you can not allow them or limit them, then once that is sorted out it is no different than rping with NPCs or even Henchmen.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:41 am

DirectorPr:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:23 am
The reasoning is it would allow you to over power, and dominate in a social fight with two of your own PCs. Not only that, but allowing characters to interact can easily allow you to sway and control your own thread. Or totally change a characters likeness without needing outside interaction. This also allows them to make more changes easily without little to no effort put forth by them achieving a goal set by a PB with a story teller.

We've already discussed ways around the first issue, you're just reiterating the same drivel like 4 of us have counter-argued against. Okay? I hope you can control and sway your OWN thread? Wtf? Changing a characters likeness? Like what, their personality or dying their hair? You can have the same change done in lonelies. We've also talked about how NONE OF US WANT TO ALLOW THIS IN A PLOTBOARD SO IT ISN'T A VALUE POINT. If that's not what you mean then you need to really clear up what you mean by 'changes.'

Henches are a different story as they are not characters on their own, but supporting characters of the PC. They do not achieve points on their own for use, and are not thought about as the same level. They are always inferior as they're not intended to be a PC.
They're still solo rping, no? Which is what you're against? Why don't we just remove lonelies and henchmen/companions in general?

Again interacting characters is still a no. We do not want to promote people utilizing their characters for benefits more than what is already allowed. It can be abused by people utilizing a character in benefit of another via a social by swaying their opinion, or by initiating a change within the character that otherwise would cause intervention of someone else to do. The prevention of character interaction is meant to also encourage RP with others rather than just yourself writing sets of lonelies or utilizing two characters. Like Chuck said, you can create multiple throwaways to benefit the main, or sacrifice others. While socials aren't intended to be used this way, it does not mean they aren't used for important character moments or important key parts of an org nor will it prevent people from trying to use it this way. Opening this avenue would provide more trouble than it would rp benefit, and something that's not going to be allow. The answer is still no, and its not gonna be swayed otherwise. We will stick with this ruling.

You're completely ignoring the member base and a lot of the staff as well it seems for reasons we've already solved in this thread.

The scoop system works in a way so if the staff feels you cheated death to benefit or set it up, it's not rewarded as much. Same thing with this, moderator discretion [trustyourmods] is a thing and I'm sure any decent mod can go 'Oh wow, they're abusing this in this thread by having the throwaway do blahblah' and label it noncanon if they feel it's breaking the restrictions.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Sia

Post by Sia » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:28 am

Sia:
Wed May 24, 2017 10:45 pm
TyDie:
Mon May 22, 2017 8:10 pm
I'll give my two cents publicly on this: I'd be okay with the idea of character interactions between two RPCs controlled by one RPer as long as a few rules are in place:

-You cannot enter a PvP situation with two of your characters working together (Unless agreed upon by the opposing party)
-You cannot in any way use one of your own character to benefit another of your characters. If you are found trying to do this, your ability to interact with your own characters can be removed.
-You either get half points for both of your characters in the thread, or full points for a single character in the thread.

if these things are put in place (Particularly the first and second ones), I don't see a reason to disallow this. We went half way with the lifting of character limitations, we might as well go all the way. This is my opinion on the matter.
This seems incredibly reasonable
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:08 am

Personal character interaction will be allowed on the basis of.
  • No PBs utilizing two of your own characters.
  • You are not allowed to utilize two of your own characters in a social fight unless agree'd upon before.
  • This is only allowed for socials and lonelies.
  • You can either get half n half for each character. Or put all your points on one.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:57 am

Good job memberbase we did it!!
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:12 am

Now I can make my own ninja wife and RP a whole family so that I don't need to spend time with anybody!!! Wow. Zzzzz....
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:18 am

Wow, that's awesome! Allows for a much more involved environment and tons of fun plot options :)

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Return to “Announcements and Information”