Shinobi Teams, Storytelling, and Elemental Bodies

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Yuuuge Update So a few of these updates have been completed for a while now. I've just now had time to add them in, and update the rule pages for them. There are many more discussions going on in the staff chats which I will address in the bottom to keep you guys filled in. For now read below on what the update is about!

Elemental Bodies
Elemental bodies now have an active regen rather than passive regen based on the tables. All elemental bodies must conform to this change immediately. The reason behind this is that we state in the rules Elemental bodies must have more of their element to regen, but then we add in that its passive. Not to mention that elemental bodies passively regen without the - stamina requirement like normal regen people take. So to balance this out they must pay chakra per regeneration. Not only that but they regenerate at a speed equal to the rank of the jutsu casted to regenerate. An example of this would be say you're in a fight and lost your arm. If you don't mind a slight wait then cast a C-rank and have it cost a little less chakra but it regains at 6 posts. If you care about the speed then cast an A-rank regen that costs a good bit but it regains at 3 posts. I specify better the averages of the regen here. You can even mix and match and add debuffs to speed up the time for a lower rank. IE debuff your speed to buff c-rank regen to 5 posts possibly.
viewtopic.php?&t=5925420/1/#new

Shinobi Teams
As a part in combating the slow trotting feeling you guys have about the system taking a bit too long. Now when you RP with consistent partners you gain rewards faster with each PB completed. So essentially its just bringing the teams system back, long story short. However this is a bit more intuitive, and prevents abuse of its system by requiring work before you get anything out. So its an interesting little system meant to benefit those repeat writer teams.
viewtopic.php?&t=8098491/1/#new

Storytelling
So to promote storytelling and providing an apt challenge. Everyone is encouraged to storytell for someone unless specified otherwise by the moderating team, all PBs are storytellable by anyone. The only time you wouldn't be able to storytell for a PB would be those involving high reward PBs or world changing plot unless specified otherwise. However any kind of PBs can be story told, and this gives an increase reward to the storyteller to provide a little incentive. This such thing is a 1.25x the original points awarded (rounded up). So you get a nice lump of points in exchange for being a director of a PB and not getting stats. However there is a caveat where if it is discovered or it looks like you didn't provide an apt challenge for the rank of the PB you won't be awarded the 1.25x
viewtopic.php?&t=5899684/1/#new
What's Goin' On With the Staff So I'm glad you asked whats going on with the staff. So to provide a bit of insight and transparency for all to see let me give you a brief rundown/update of whats going on. As you can tell the mod team has increased and apps are running well, but lets be real you don't care about that. You wanna know those changes we're discussing or trying to bring. So I'll provide a little insight into each however this comes with a disclaimer that is very important. All these changes were working on may change or be dropped entirely. So do not be disappointed if it doesn't come to fruition or isn't the way you thought it'd be. This is entirely meant to be transparent with you guys as requested, and not any sort of "This will happen in the future". With that out of the way, lets get to the core of it.
  • We're currently working on a way to redo a character once per member if it were messed up. This isn't intended for old members at all. The point of this is to help newbies who make a character and mess it up now being dissatisfied with it. However they're all too emotionally intertwined with them and don't wanna get rid of them, yet they're an eyesore anytime they do use them so they have this love/hate relationship. This sucks for a new member and drives their activity low. So its important to give them a saving grace once overall to fix it, and from there they have to be smart or suffer the consequences. Some disagreeances here, but it appears largely in favor.
  • We're discussing ways to decrease the grinding feeling of rping on the site. However we have to strike a balance between a good pace that doesn't make insta-Bannin or S-ranks, but that feels achievable and not so grindy. Not a whole lot here, sorry!
  • We're discussing a way to provide an alternative to death called reincarnation. This doesn't entirely mean your character gets revived and etc, blame Onu for the name. However its an alternative to the way death works currently which is just 50% of your points earned. It tapers the way you earn it by giving you a percentage of the total worth of your character. However to earn almost up to all of it you have to slog through the ranks to unlock more of the total percentage your character is worth up to 90% of it. We're undecided on it believing its too rewarding and will prompt a larger advantage older members would have over newer members, while some believe the rank tapering will prevent an insta-benefit suggesting most won't even achieve it. Its still in the air for debate.
  • The January Event is coming along well, however I'm not elaborating on this. Instead I'll provide some hint images and let you cipher through it.
Image 1Show
Image 2Show
  • We're currently discussing the history. A lot of its in the works, and by a lot of it I mean the entirety of it. Here I'll give a little teaser as to 5 events that have occurred during the current draft of the history, like the images above, decipher it.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:32 pm

Regen speed swapped to posts instead of jutsu speed.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:51 pm

yeah those changes are ridiculously stupid to elemental regen rates.

An elemental body works off of kinesising an element with your chakra in it. Regening an arm shouldn't take any jutsu pursue, it should just take an arm's worth of material with chakra in it that you can kinesis-connect to your body.

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:23 am

Hayate:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:51 pm
yeah those changes are ridiculously stupid to elemental regen rates.

An elemental body works off of kinesising an element with your chakra in it. Regening an arm shouldn't take any jutsu pursue, it should just take an arm's worth of material with chakra in it that you can kinesis-connect to your body.
IIRC this is how it was always meant to be in the first place.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:33 am

That would make sense if kinesis was a prereq, but its not. This makes sense given the current rules for ebodies
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:34 pm

It is a pre-req. Ebodies can use pseudo-kinesis till the user has actual Kinesis. THis was done to stop the ability fro being cock-blocked to end-game characters only, as it originally was. This means that you have "kinesis" when it comes to anything that is shaping the element into your body/completing your body and form. It's what allows you to even move/work. So, if it's in relation to your body, like shaping an arm, it'd funciton exactly the same.

Anyone with an Ebody is supposed to get Kinesis eventually too, mind you.

EDIT: Apparently this was removed... >.>

Why was it removed, rundown pls?

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:36 am

My biggest gripe was that E-Body got regen + elemental body, making Regen only characters weaker and basically useless since they could survive getting their heads cut while regen users couldn't. That plus be able to turn your body to lava.... Like, for the same cost? Not cool in my book. I get why this can suck for E-Body users but I like this way better, to differentiate between the two. Especially since you don't need Kinesis to use the e-body.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:02 pm

Rules have been clarified and updated concerning regeneration and elemental bodies.

There was some misunderstanding on the wording when we discussed things. it's been made more clear.

Additionally, if you have -5 or -10 stamina for your elemental body that requirement doesn't exist as per current rules. Please feel free to take this off in a mod, unless you want passive regeneration.

Return to “Announcements and Information”