Regarding Mature Topics & ERP

Valkier

Regarding Mature Topics & ERP

Post by Valkier » Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:23 am

Hi folks,

I like to think of NSRP as a place where people can write any sort of stories they like, and I feel we've done a pretty good job of allowing this over the years. We've generally been quite lax regarding "mature" roleplay, comprising erotic or explicit content, but now and then occasional and valid concerns are raised by new or existing members. Staff have committed to finding a solution that works for everyone, allowing those who wish to see and write mature topics to continue to do so, and allowing a method to avoid it for those who prefer not to see it.

Moving forward, a new subforum for [Mature] tagged topics has been added to each of the County Roleplay forum sections. These subforums are dedicated to mature content and I would ask you to aim such topics there. I don't see a need to strictly define what is and isn't [Mature] — I leave that to your judgement and ask you to respect it for your fellow members. If you're not sure, please feel free to ask. Topics can be moved to these subforums on request — for example if you have existing topics in progress, or if a topic suddenly becomes [Mature] in an unplanned way after it's started — and staff reserve the right to do so if they feel it is necessary. World-changing or important topics such as PvP, invasions, and significant events should not be placed in these subforums for visibility and counterplay purposes.

The flip side of this is that all Mature Subforums are hidden by default for all members. Mature content is now an opt-in system, meaning that if you do not wish to see or take part in Mature topics, you don't need to do anything. Nor do we need to worry about new or young members, guests, bots, or others stumbling across them by accident.

If you wish to access these Mature subforums, you can join the 18+ usergroup through your User Control Panel -> Usergroups Tab. Simply select the check box for the "Member 18+" usergroup and click Submit at the bottom to join the group. All [Mature] forums will now be visible to you. You can leave the usergroup the same way at any time by selecting "Resign Group" from the dropdown menu beside the Submit button.
If you have any problems with the usergroup, please contact Valkier.

Note that all levels of staff ranks will automatically have access to these forums regardless of usergroups for grading and moderation purposes. However, as always, it is up to the individual staff member if they wish to refrain from viewing or grading Mature content. Please respect their wishes in such a case.

If there are any questions or concerns, please let a staff member know.
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Return to “Announcements and Information”