[URGENT] Skype Virus Going Around

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Hey Saigen<3

Over the past few years skype has become as big of a part of the Saigen experience as, well the site and RP itself! Recently a huge Skype trojan has taken place and planted itself on thousands of computers. It has come to my attention that a few members of Saigen have been infected.

This Virus starts with the name "Skype_Img" and has 4-03 in the title. People infected automatically message their contacts list every twenty minutes with a link to this saying "this is my favorite pic of you lol REDACTED". DO not click the link, avoid these messages, and pass this information onto the friend who messaged you.

I had just woken up, and curiously I gave it a click. Luckily- our virus designers for some reason zipped the virus, so I never got to the stage of clicking img.exe. I saw the .exe and the red flag rose.

However, you may not be as lucky or your friend who's spamming you. HOPEFULLY, this message reached you first, if not follow the steps below.

Step One Step Two
  • In Skype go to Tools->Options->Advanced Settings.
  • Click 'Manage Other Programs access to Skype'
  • Remove anything that looks malicious or unknown
Step Three Step Four
  • Run MBAM and use the FileASSASSIN tool to delete the all exe file found under AppData directory
    C:\Users\YOURUSERNAMEHERE\AppData\Roaming
Step Five I hope this helps solve your issue.-Hayate

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Flankingfox

Post by Flankingfox » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Ohh I thought Amy just really liked random pictures of me...
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:49 pm

I have a few IRL friends I got this message from, and one person from Saigen.

I figured if one person sent it to me, and I had it possibly- even though I've checked and since I never opened the executable I'm 100% sure I'm good.... it's best to heir on the side of caution.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Return to “Member Section”