Love At First Watch

Tactician

Love At First Watch

Post by Tactician » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:17 pm

Childhood DreamsShow
Like many of us here I'm sure that your a fan of 'Anime' or 'Manga'. In my case I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly when this love affair with anime began. Was it in the very first episode of 'Pokemon' where Ash witnesses something beautiful soaring across the sky *Ho-ho*. Perhaps it was when, after watching a friend being lifted only to explode high in the air Goku helplessly taps into his ancestral power to overcome his foe *Super Saiyan*. Yet I'm almost certain that my love affair with 'Anime' began with my first glimpses of repressed sexual angst looking onto those 'Sailor Moon' transformations. I've attempted at compiling a list of the Anime that have touched my heart over the years through my childhood and new tastes. Please share with me your anime and maybe we can expose one another to new things :)

Classic Childhood Anime *In no particular order of favorites I love them all equally*

1- Dragon Ball Z
2- YuYu Hakusho
3- Pokemon (Original Series)
4- Rurouni Kenshin
5- Cowboy Bebop

Mid-Teen Anime *Starting to get a bit more varied*

1- Ghost in the Shell
2- Spirited Away
3- Samurai Champloo
4- Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple
5- Code Geass

Present-Day Anime List *Fav thus far*

1- Naruto Shippūden
2- Bleach
3- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
4- Parasyte
5- Jormungand
6- Attack on Titan
7- Tokyo Ghoul
8- Psycho-Pass
9- Hellsing
10- FLCL

Honoable Mention

- Mobile Suit Gundam

Sorry I got carried away with the list there lol. Anyway I am very curious to see what your list is and exchange ideas for present 'Anime' to watch or 'Manga' to read :)

KhaixRoze

Love At First Watch

Post by KhaixRoze » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:44 am

The verge of manga brought me to a whole new sense of aspiration for the hopes of the world with the sudden degradation of textbooks, hardcore religious pamphlets, and reality television shows, something similar to comic books in its very own style or fashion.

Starting with the excitement and mysticism of "Spirit Capturing" of Card Captors Sakura, then the "Capturing and Battling" of Monster Rancher, afterwards the "Literation of Companionship" with Digimon: Digital Monsters, manga have gifted the likes of the generation a new found hope in both serializaton and animation.

Some Manga To Remember:

Card Captors
Saint Seiya "Knights Of The Zodiac"
Digimon
Shaman King
Monster Rancher
20th Century Boys
Yugioh
Inuyasha

Manga Currently Reading:
Naruto
Boku No Hero Academia
OverLord
Tsuyokute New Saga
Niflheim

Tactician

Love At First Watch

Post by Tactician » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:27 am

Those are some really great suggestions there. I have to admit most of those Manga I haven't actually read yet but they sound interesting, especially 'OverLord'. Digimon now that takes me back - HAHA. Thanks for sharing friend!

Return to “Member Section”