NSRP Table-top

Neviux

NSRP Table-top

Post by Neviux » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:04 pm

[table=2,NSRP Tabletop Character Sheet, 1]PERSONAL
This is where you should include any basic information regarding your character. How you choose to include that information is entirely up to you so long as your gm knows your character's name, any aliases, age, gender, nindo, allegiances (If any) and current rank as a shinobi

[c]PHYSICAL DAMAGE
This is where you should include the severity of the injuries your character's body has suffered and is still recovering from.

(As a tip, I advise you give your injuries either a short descriptive phrase or a fun name, to make them more memorable.)
[c]ABILITIES
This is where you should include any special abilities or talents your character has. Special abilities would be things like Kekkai Genkai, Summoning Contracts, Nature Transformations, Unique Chakra Properties or Spiritual Possessions.
[c]MENTAL DAMAGE
This is where you should include the severity of the injuries your character's mind has suffered and is still recovering from.

(As a tip, I advise you give your injuries either a short descriptive phrase or a fun name, to make them more memorable.)[c]STATS
Much like the site, you begin play with a set amount of points to distribute to your stats. Each point raises the dice you roll when you want to use that stat for something fitting.

(BEWARE you should be distributing these points between your stats and jutsu scores appropriately; you don't want to end up smart as a whip but a complete amateur at ninjutsu do you?!?)

All stats begin at a D4

Strength - D4
Speed - D4
Wits - D4
Stamina - D4
Control - D4

You begin play with the following amount of stat points based on your rank
Academy Student - 3
Genin - 6
Chunin - 10
Tokubetsu Jonin - 12
Jonin - 14[c]COMBAT STYLE
You should include a short paragraph describing your character's preferred combat style here

(Feel free to omit this part)[c]JUTSU

This section is something of a continuation of the 'STATS' section and the entries here act as indicators of your character's prowess at certain times of jutsu. All character's begin play with the three basic components of Shinobi combat. Assuming your character has trained to acquire a specific style, that style will be included in this section.

Don't forget, you increase the dice size in this section with the same points you use in the STATS section.

Ninjutsu - D4
Taijutsu - D4
Genjutsu - D4

[c]JUTSU KNOWN

This is where you should be including all of the jutsu your character knows, excluding the basic jutsu, of course.

If, however, you are playing an academy student or basic countrymen campaign, please include all of the basic jutsu your character knows.

[c]SKILLS

You begin play with a set amount of skill points based upon what level of campaign you are playing at.

Now, on the site, there is no skill system and for good reason; we are text-based role-players and rely upon our descriptive words to help us. But as tabletop is a bit more mechanics based, we've included one. Every time you increase a skill, step it up by one die. You begin the game with a set amount of skill points and a set amount of beginning skills, all based on your rank.

You begin play with the following amount of skill points and the following amount of skills at a d6. It is formatted in the following manner: Skill Points/Skills at d6
ACADEMY STUDENT - 6
GENIN - 8/1
CHUNIN - 12/3
TOKUBETSU JONIN - 16/3 (Four of which have to be in one skill)
JONIN - 18/5
[c]HISTORY/APPEARANCE/PERSONALITY
This is where you should include your character's history as well as a short description of their appearance and personality.

(Feel free to omit this portion of the character sheet)[/table]
Code for Character SheetShow
[table=2,NSRP Tabletop Character Sheet, 1][b][i]PERSONAL[/i][/b]
This is where you should include any basic information regarding your character. How you choose to include that information is entirely up to you so long as your gm knows your character's name, any aliases, age, gender, nindo, allegiances (If any) and current rank as a shinobi

[c][b][i]PHYSICAL DAMAGE[/i][/b]
This is where you should include the severity of the injuries your character's body has suffered and is still recovering from.

(As a tip, I advise you give your injuries either a short descriptive phrase or a fun name, to make them more memorable.)
[c][b][i]ABILITIES[/i][/b]
This is where you should include any special abilities or talents your character has. Special abilities would be things like Kekkai Genkai, Summoning Contracts, Nature Transformations, Unique Chakra Properties or Spiritual Possessions.
[c][b][i]MENTAL DAMAGE[/i][/b]
This is where you should include the severity of the injuries your character's mind has suffered and is still recovering from.

(As a tip, I advise you give your injuries either a short descriptive phrase or a fun name, to make them more memorable.)[c][b][i]STATS[/i][/b]
Much like the site, you begin play with a set amount of points to distribute to your stats. Each point raises the dice you roll when you want to use that stat for something fitting.

(BEWARE you should be distributing these points between your stats and jutsu scores appropriately; you don't want to end up smart as a whip but a complete amateur at ninjutsu do you?!?)

All stats begin at a D4

Strength - D4
Speed - D4
Wits - D4
Stamina - D4
Control - D4

You begin play with the following amount of stat points based on your rank
Academy Student - 3
Genin - 6
Chunin - 10
Tokubetsu Jonin - 12
Jonin - 14[c][b][i]COMBAT STYLE[/i][/b]
You should include a short paragraph describing your character's preferred combat style here

(Feel free to omit this part)[c][b][i]JUTSU[/i][/b]

This section is something of a continuation of the 'STATS' section and the entries here act as indicators of your character's prowess at certain times of jutsu. All character's begin play with the three basic components of Shinobi combat. Assuming your character has trained to acquire a specific style, that style will be included in this section.

Don't forget, you increase the dice size in this section with the same points you use in the STATS section.

Ninjutsu - D4
Taijutsu - D4
Genjutsu - D4

[c][b][i]JUTSU KNOWN[/i][/b]

This is where you should be including all of the jutsu your character knows, excluding the basic jutsu, of course.

If, however, you are playing an academy student or basic countrymen campaign, please include all of the basic jutsu your character knows.

[c][b][i]SKILLS[/i][/b]

You begin play with a set amount of skill points based upon what level of campaign you are playing at.

Now, on the site, there is no skill system and for good reason; we are text-based role-players and rely upon our descriptive words to help us. But as tabletop is a bit more mechanics based, we've included one. Every time you increase a skill, step it up by one die. You begin the game with a set amount of skill points and a set amount of beginning skills, all based on your rank.

You begin play with the following amount of skill points and the following amount of skills at a d6. It is formatted in the following manner: Skill Points/Skills at d6
ACADEMY STUDENT - 6
GENIN - 8/1
CHUNIN - 12/3
TOKUBETSU JONIN - 16/3 (Four of which have to be in one skill)
JONIN - 18/5
[c][b][i]HISTORY/APPEARANCE/PERSONALITY[/i][/b]
This is where you should include your character's history as well as a short description of their appearance and personality.

(Feel free to omit this portion of the character sheet)[/table]

Neviux

NSRP Table-top

Post by Neviux » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:39 pm

So, I've always been of the school that actions speak louder than words so I've decided to include an example of what successful character creation should look like using the sheet I posted in the first post. For inspiration, I will be using my own character.

[table=2,NSRP Tabletop Character Sheet, 1]PERSONAL

NAME - Akiyama Kojirou
AGE - 13
GENDER - Male
ALLEGIANCE - Konohagakure No Sato
NINDO - "I just want to help people"
CURRENT RANK - Genin

[c]PHYSICAL DAMAGE

N/A

[c]ABILITIES

N/A

[c]MENTAL DAMAGE
N/A
[c]STATS

Strength - D4
Speed - D6 (+1 SP)
Wits - D6 (+1 SP)
Stamina - D4
Control - D8 (+2 SP)
[c]COMBAT STYLE
N/A[c]JUTSU

Ninjutsu - D4
Taijutsu - D6 (+1 SP)
Genjutsu - D6 (+1 SP)

[c]JUTSU KNOWN
GenjutsuShow
[Genjutsu • Consumption of Soul and Self]
D-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
After forming the needed hand seals the user will slowly lower themselves into a crouch while holding the last hand seal. Seeing this will cast a genjutsu upon any viewers. They will see the user continue to sink into the ground, they have this time span to assume a hiding spot, after they are “fully submerged in the ground”, the users true location will be visible to the victims again. Meanwhile, the user of this jutsu can attack; he or she will look like a simple black shape, gliding in and out of the ground or boulders, so he or she is relatively well hidden. This lasts for a total of one post.

*[Genjutsu • Mist Servant]
D-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
Often used in conjunction with other techniques, the user will form the needed hand seals, causing anyone who sees them to be caught. At that point, several dark, oily shapes will seem to emerge from the surrounding walls, trees, or whatever there is, and attack from different directions. These attacks cannot harm the viewer but may confuse them and make them feel disoriented. If any of the servants are successfully attacked it will disrupt the genjutsu and lower the post count by 1. Attacking the user, despite his or her disguise, will end the jutsu. This jutsu will last for 3 posts otherwise.

[Genjutsu • Eye Scream]
C-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
The user does the needed hand seals and then looks in the opponent's eyes. If eye contact is made, the person affected thinks that they are growing eyes all over their body for the next 5 posts. The eyes start at a slow rate then constantly grow faster and faster. The eyes show the affected person visions from around their body which can creep out any person that isn't prepared.
NinjutsuShow
*[Trigger]
E-Ranked Supportive Ninjutsu
After doing the needed hand seal, the user can cause one of their exploding barriers to explode

*[Jail]
D-Ranked Defensive Ninjutsu
After doing the needed hand seals, a cube barrier (5'x5'x5') forms around a target up to 30 feet away from the user's position. The barrier springs up almost instantly and can be broken out of by a hit of 3 or higher or fading after 4 posts.

*[Explode]
D-Ranked Offensive Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: [Trigger]
After doing the needed hand seals, a cube barrier (5'x5'x5') forms around a target up to 20 feet away from the user's position. The barrier springs up at a speed of 4 and can be broken out of by a hit of 3 or higher or fading after 4 posts. With the use of [Trigger], the barrier will explode with the force of an exploding tag.

*Basic Chakra Infusion
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 4 Control
By channeling chakra into their weapons, the users of this jutsu are able to make their weapons more resilient to ninjutsu. Users at this level are usually able to resist both physical and ninjutsu techniques.

*Novice Bodily Reinforcement
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: User's averaged taijutsu and strength stats must be at least 3
A technique typically used by those with disciplined bodies and fair strength, Novice Bodily Reinforcement further extends the use of the user's muscles using chakra. After channeling chakra throughout the musculature, the user is able to resist taijutsu at up to 3 strength and blunt attacks from weaponry for three (3) posts.

*Companion Bodily Reinforcement
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 4 Control
After forming the needed hand seals and touching an ally, the user will force chakra all over their skin, infusing their chakra to make the target's skin stronger. The target is able to resist taijutsu at up to 4 strength and blunt attacks from weaponry for three (3) posts.
TaijutsuShow
*Skillful Wield
D-Ranked Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 3 wit
With a solid foundation of knowledge on their choice of weaponry, those with the Skillful Wield technique are able to utilize their weapon more fully. By knowing the weapon's weakest points, the user is able to avoid presenting these areas to damage during combat, thus making their weapon less likely to break by means of recklessness.
[c]SKILLS

Kenjutsu D6 (+1 Free Skill)
Stealth D6 (+2 Skill Points)
Espionage D6 (+2 Skill Points)
Analysis D8 (+3 Skill Points)
Acrobatics D4 (+1 Skill Point)

[c]HISTORY/APPEARANCE/PERSONALITY
N/A[/table]

Now, onto the explanations.

Let's start with what is probably the simplest to cover; the personal section. The personal section is just a way for you to introduce your character to your Storyteller. It is supposed to give him some very basic information regarding your character which will, hopefully, be expanded upon in the personality/history/appearance section.

Now onto the damage section. The damage section is supposed to work as a type of journal or log of your character's injuries. Whenever a character is injured, the effect die of the roll that injured them is added onto the character sheet as a bonus to future enemies rolling against that character. So, let's say you are suffering from a minor injury (say a D4) like a smarting bruise. Now, whenever the enemy rolls against you, he gets to add his d4 on any roll that involves you somehow, because your aching bruise is, somehow, interfering with your ability to retaliate.

Now onto Stats. The stats section utilizes an oversimplified version of the site's stats system, with the number available to you divided by four. This is done to more easily incorporate the cortex system, the fabulous system made by Margaret Weis Productions Ltd. that this non-profit totally for fun tabletop system runs off of. Assuming you wanted convert your character from naruto saigen into the tabletop, just replace the stats determination system that the tabletop usually uses with the following:

A stat of:
1-3 = D4
4-6 = D6
7-9 = D8
10 -12 = D10
13+ = D12

Now, the jutsu system is probably going to end up being controversial, but the reason I made it the way I did was to prioritize specialization and it's the same reason I included a skills system. When I was making a character I noticed quite a few people had taken the High Style and I realized that was because of the low requirements for the style; people could take it as an after thought. I thought that should not be the case, so I made a system that reflects that thinking. Feel free to omit that part of the system if it doesn't agree with you, but I personally suggest you keep it.

Similarly, the Jutsu are unedited from their forum versions, but they would obviously have to be streamlined for the tabletop, especially considering that a post does not quite line up with a turn of combat. This will be addressed in the mechanics post for the tabletop.

Now the skills system is really more of a preference of mine then a requirement to the game; I included it to round out the cortex system and allow for more individualization among similarly built shinobi. It operates under the assumption the players name their skill as they are making their character and add points into it appropriately. The GM then goes over it and questions the player as to what type of situations they can see the skill coming up in and after a bit of discussion, the group should have a few recurring skills among the party and a good idea of what skills exist outside the one's they have detailed.

It places quite a bit of trust in the player and story teller dynamic, which is why I will eventually be posting a default skill list.

So yeah. That was the expansion on the character sheet, I hope it cleared things up nicely. If it didn't, please feel free to PM me or post a reply in this thread, but as I said, I will be working on the game whenever I can, so expect quite a few changes if you're checking in regularly.

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

NSRP Table-top

Post by Sia » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:40 pm

Good luck with this. ^_^
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Return to “Member Section”