Saigen Randomizer Nuzlocke Challenge!

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:45 am

Hello errybody! I am of course Golnax, and I'ma take you guys on a wild ride with me!

I've once again felt the urge to brave the world of pokemon and attempt that most heart breaking of challenges, the Nuzlocke challenge!

For those of you who don't know, the Nuzlocke challenge is, essentially, pokemon on hard mode. It's got a few rules to it, which I'll lay out down here below:

1. When a pokemon faints, it dies.You can't use it anymore, it can't be healed, and you have to release it.

2. You can only catch the first pokemon that you encounter in an area. If the pokemon faints while attempting to capture, you cannot catch any other from that area.

3. You must nickname every pokemon that you catch.

And that's it! Them's the rules. Now, you may have noticed the 'randomizer' in the title, and that's where the twist comes in for this nuzlocke challenge. A randomizer nuzlocke is one in which every pokemon that we encounter on each route is going to be a random pokemon! There's a nifty little program for it and everything, super cool, super useful. Now I can already hear you asking, "but if the pokemon are random, does that mean that you can run into legendaries?"

Well yes. That is a possibility. Except I'm not going to let that happen! Legendaries will be excluded from the randomizer! I can also hear you asking "What about legendaries that are static on the map?" Those will be left in place, and will be generally uncatchable and thus not worth going for.

For extra fun, I will also be randomizing what all items we get along the way! All those random pokeballs on that path? Those could be anything now? Dare we hope for INFINITE MASTER BALLS!?!?!

No. That would be astronomically unlikely to happen. Anyways.

For even MORE extra fun, I will be randomizing the starter pokemon as well!

I will be playing Pokemon Heartgold version. Now that we have the rules and parameters set out! It's time to BEGIN!!!

I will be posting again here a little bit showing you what our starting pokemon are, who I chose and why, what I named them, etc. Let's go, Saigen!
CURRENT FRIENDSShow
Gojira the Croconaw
Queen Marchesa the Nidorino, female
Archimedes the Hoothoot
IFO the Magnezone
Tristen the Dewgong

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:37 am

Alright, so I skipped through all the introductory slog and got right to the part where I pick my starter pokemon! Like I said, they've all been randomized, so let's see who we got!

First pokemon is...

:O

Holy shit! What a great start! I wonder who the next one will be??

Spicy! I like it, I like it. Two really solid choices right off the bat! The third one's gonna be sweet!

.... Alright.

So, the choice is obvious in my mind! Ladies and gentlemen, say hi to our first friend, Gawain!

Ain't he cute? The lil scamp like to run with those stubby legs of his! Wait until he grows up though. History shows again and again how nature one's up the folly of man... Hm... in retrospect, Godzilla would have been a good name for him too. Ah well, let's see what his stats are like.

Solid. Solid. I expected as much from our lil Gawain though! My knight in shining armor!

I went ahead and skipped past the introduction with what's her face with the maril, 'cause fuck that bitch we gotta go get a pokemon egg!!

Pay no attention to the fuck boy behind the curtain >.>

Now, as we do not have any pokeballs on us just yet, this first little bit where I'm forced to run through grass won't count towards our catching total. 'Cause I mean c'mon. That's just mean to myself and you guys if I'd have to skip 2 entire routes without the ability to catch anything in the first place! So these first two routes are exempt, but after that when I've got some balls, it's fair game!

Will post again with another update once we're ready to catch some more friends!

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:35 am

So, it was brought to my attention that Gawain is a girl. Do I care? Not really. She's a strong young woman with a tough exterior. Very much a tomboy. Might grow up to be a lesbian. Who am I to judge?

Right lads, so we got off to a slightly rocky start with all sorts of bumps in the road that I kept forgetting about. Like mom.

And professor Elm.

Once we got all the shit we needed, all the mashing of the A button, we were off! And might I say to a slightly exciting start as well. On the way to the first town, we ran into our first pokemon, which was:

Now, some of you might be disappointed but I'm not actually! I love spinirak. If I can go off on a little tangent, Pokemon Gold was the first version that I came into contact with, and Spinirak was the first pokemon I ever caught. I had to sneak the game at night from my brother because he wouldn't let me play it during the day while he was on his own pokemon adventure, so I caught this lil arachnid and he's held a warm and fuzzy place in my heart ever sense! I wouldn't mind having him on the team!

Side note, all his poison stings and string shots were for naught. Gawain too stronk!!

We made it to the next town where we ran into the old man... old... man...

... So we walked after the Old Man and got some running shoes off of him, then proceeded to head up Route 30! Where... we ran into the Old Man. Again.

... So we got on to Route 30 and headed up to Mr. Pokemon's house. Can we talk real quick about what a name that is? Mr. Pokemon. Just... how pretentious! Or how unlucky, I guess. That'd kinda suck having the surname 'Pokemon'. Gary of House Pokemon. Hm. Anyways, up on the way to his house we ran into some more pokemon!

Shroomish isn't very exciting, admittedly, but his evolution is fairly solid actually. Grass Fighting is a cool combo type. Wouldn't mind catching one I don't think! Certainly more than the second pokemon that appeared on the route.

Ewwwwww. Hopip is cute and all but it's kind of a garbo pokemon imo. I hope I don't catch that when I come back to Route 30! The pokemon that came next were much more exciting, though. But before then, we ran into our first random item! Oh boy! And it's...

A deep... sea... scale... Hm. You know, the odds of us actually catching a Clamperl, which is the only pokemon this works with by the way, in a randomized nuzlocke challenge is so astronomically high that I can only hope that I can see this thing for more money later on. At the very least it looks pretty I guess. Wasn't long before we came across our second item on the road though, and it was!

An earth plate... Hm. Hm. So far we've found a piece of fish, and a piece of god. At least this item isn't completely useless, since I can give it to Gawain once she knows some ground type moves to give them a nice little boost. Although, if we come across a pokemon more deserving like, I dunno, Dugtrio or something I'd give it to them. Speaking of pokemon though, we ran into a couple more on the way to Mr. Pokemon!

Oh HELL yeah! I love Murkrow. Much like Spinarak, Murkrow was on of the first pokemon I encountered. I first saw it on my cousin's game, who told me that I had to wait until night to get one. The fact that it's a flying type is awesome, as we can knock Fly off of the list lickity split and we could get a Hounchcrow later on! Super good. But wait there's more!

In all my years of Pokemon, I've never actually caught and trained one of these. I could never find them, which is probably due to the fact that they can only be found in the safari zone. And I rarely used that if ever in game. So seeing one of these out in the field is great! Psychic type is easily one of my favorite, and this bad boy knew confusion! I had to flee the battle with it 'cause I didn't want Gawain to knock herself silly and end the run right there.

Things REALLY heated up after we got done with Mr. Pokemon. He gave us the egg, we got the pokedex from Oak, yatta yatta, boring shit, but we stepped outside and look at what we fucking came across lads!

HOLY SHIT THAT'S A FUCKING ARCANINE

Now we're talking! This is what a randomized nuzlocke is all about! Having an Arcanine on the team would be STELLAR! I've never actually trained one of these either, so it'd be an awesome experience! Plus this fucker knew Fire Fang D: I had to run to save poor Gawain's life! Poor girl got a bit singed! So, we got back into town, healed up, 'cause we knew who we were going to fight. Along came the fuckboy and -

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! He's champion already!! D: The game's told us our fucking future, lads! And what's even more frightening is that he must have gotten the title with just that Nidoran male, so he's extra hardcore innit he?

... Never have I been so wrong. No idea how he ended up with Lotad, tbh. I think that it's a type dynamic thing like it normally is. Lotad's water grass, which makes it pretty good against my ground steel type, and Nidoran male's poison which is great against grass types. Hm. Interesting how that happen.

Right, so anyways he smacked his fuckin' ass, headed back to Prof. Elm, told the cops it weren't us and told 'em who the perp was, Daniel. I mean, he's the fucking champion. Did you think I was going to name him dicknose or something? Nah, it's fucking Daniel! He's a celebrity! He dindunuffin!

Anyways. Left the egg in the lab, headed outside, went to go watch what's her face catch a pokemon and -

AAL;IFHAIBGYUEBFHVS,KIAHIUHA.JSGFUYAGHWKJBEFVJASNKagsdflajfakuwiGUIGAKFGSUGF;A;

Did you lads fucking SEE that!? This bitch, just caught, a mother fucking MEW, with a mother fucking POKEBALL, while it was in the MOTHER FUCKING GREEN!! Oh fuck Daniel, this bitch Lyra is the one to beat. She's unbefuckingLIEVEABLE! I'm staying the fuck away from Lyra. Lyra a bad bitch.

That's it for now. Got 5 pokeballs off of Bad Bitch Lyra, so now we get to start catching some new friends of our own! Wish us luck, lads! Will post again soon!

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:13 am

Alright you lads, so, after Bad Bitch Lyra left us to our own devices, we immediately got to work in catching us some friends! And our first encounter on Route 29 was...

Well I'll be damned. Another pokemon that I'd never bothered to train properly! Dewgong, I thought, would make an excellent friend, so I battered him down and whamo! Say hello to our new friend Tristen!

Tristen's got himself an adamant nature and apparently likes to scatter things. He is adamant about scattering things. He's like a big wet cat tube! And HOLY SHIT IS HE PACKING HEAT!

Damn dudes, look at that move set! That's NUTS! And he's only level 2! I got my surfer already, he's got ice and bug moves and, best part, I can headbutt shit out of trees if I so choose! Imagine the kind of cool shit I could catch if I think to headbutt a tree when I get on a route!

Along the way to healing up Tristen, I ran into another old favorite of mine.

Now, I'll be honest. Shiftry is... kind of garbo. His move pool is so limited and his typing just isn't all that great together, or rather it's not utilized to it's fullest with this pokemon. But his design is so kick ass! But when Ruby and Saphire were out, we got Ruby and when it came my turn to play, I caught a seedot 'cause it was new and I wanted to see what it turned into. When it involved into this at level 18 I was blown away! I thought he was going to be magnificent! Too bad it never amounted to anything.

So, got back to town, healed up Tristen, bought some supplies and then headed back down Route 29. Now, this wasn't to grind and level up. Not yet at least. Instead, I was paying a little visit to Route 46, which can be accessed in the mid way point to Route 29. There's a big patch of grass there, and the pokemon on that route, even on the upper ledge, are all fairly low level, so it's a great place to catch something early on. Usually a geodude or machop if memory serves, maybe a vulpix as well at certain times. But what I got was... well...

MOTHER FUCKING CROCONAW!!

This ting blew my god damn mind when I saw it! I almost forgot to screen cap! The battle that followed was epic! I wish that I'd taken some screen shots, but I was a bit too excited/focused on not dying. Ya see, Tristen, as I found out, has a fairly low physical defense being level 2, and Croconaw's attack was high for a level 3, so he could 2 shot Tristen with just Scratch. So I think to myself, "Alright, fine, switch out to Gawain, battle of attrition this bitch."

...What I didn't expect was for him to have Water Gun already. Gawain's a ground type, it was super effective! 1 hit and half of Gawain's health was gone! D:

The next few turns were a flurry of potions, switching out and pokeballs. I'd gotten him down to the red with Gawain before I was forced to switch out once Tristen was healed up, but man, he just did not want to be caught you guys. I'd bought 10 potions and 10 pokeballs when I was back in town. By the time I was done with him? 3 pokeballs and 5 potions left. I only had 100 pokedollars too, so I couldn't even resupply! What's worse was he was out in the middle of the grass patch, so we were immediately in risky business territory with 2 pokemon in red and one in yellow. Never the less, we caught him, and for his ability to wreck my shit I gave him a mighty name:

Meet Gojira.

"Somewhat stubborn" is a bit of a fucking understatement >:V Fucker shook out of 7 balls on the first try. That last ball was pure luck even! Probably 'cause I was beating on him so much that he wasn't relaxed anymore, but still...

His stats are not too terrible, frankly. Definitely the tank of the group. Well, other than dear ol' Gawain <3 He will make a fine addition to the team and, eventually, replace Tristen once we have some more friends! Sorry Tristen, I know it hurts but he's just better than you are. Don't worry though, I got a nice cozy spot for you in the box prepared :3

Now, with all of this excitement (and no pocket money to buy up on supplies, RIP), it was time to move on to Route 30! There was a lot of promising pokemon there and, more importantly, there's trainers to stomp for money so I can buy more stuff! So up to route 30 we went, where we immediately got into a battle with a wild pokemon and caught our 4th friend!

Say hi to Kaku guys! He, too, likes to scatter things. Him and Tristen are going to get along swimmingly. I'm actually really happy that I got this out of the other pokemon seen on Route 30. Not only is Kaku one of my favorite types of pokemon and I've never owned one before, but he adds some much needed type diversity onto the roster! If we'd caught a Murkrow instead, we'd be in serious trouble against any sort of electric pokemon. Now at least half of our friends are able to tackle that threat no problem. Kaku was also carrying on him a dark ball, so that was pretty sweet!

His stats are a little bit all over the place, but highly aggressive! Special attack is highest, which is great, but what's most exciting is that he's got Confusion and Astonish. Those typing moves are going to be super useful probably!

I'm going to grind up the team a bit, get everyone to at least level 5 before moving on to fight the trainers. No need for any sort of death of any of my friends thank you! I'll be back in a little while with another post.

As an additional note, I've put in the first post a spoiler that has a list of our friends as of right now. I will be updating this list periodically, and may add in things like levels and such as well. Not sure though, what do you guys think?

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:21 am

I'm joining in and hijacking for my stuff instead of making a whole other thread:

These where my starter options:

Magnemite is one of my fave electrics buuut he can't fully evolve in HG so I went with Swinub and named her Ms.Snuffle(s) and our grand adventure begins, though she's kind of quiet and very finicky with everything.

Fresh on our adventure and we found a leftovers as our first item:

A little further up was an ultraball but I decided we still hadn't officially got balls yet so no catching allowed.

Ms. Snuffle used her leftovers to her advantage, recovering 1HP at a time and we finally beat this strange boy's Magnemite (I swear I saw the prof had that exact one?)

Could this boy be the cause of the phonecall from earlier?

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:43 am

We reached Newbark in a hurry and returned to Elm and got interrogated by the police, almost being accused of stealing a pokemon myself but thanks to the awesome Lyra we where saved and I reported on the red haired boy who it seemed was indeed the cause of all the ruckus.
Turns out he was called Jinaxto and the Magnemite was from the prof.

In any case we set off on our real adventure, told our mum to save money for us and the awesome Lyra showed us how to catch pokemon with here crazy Dragonite

After that we caught our first and very fiery friend; Helen the Nuzleaf:

She's very feisty and don't need no man to help her.

Soon we also met Metang who was careful but friendly enough to join our team and be named Mexano

Soon afterwards we backtracked up to route 46 and found a very naive little Tailow who we caught and named Sharon and though she was gutsy she was always quick to flee:

We then continued on our way and met our frst male of the group whom was swiftly captured just like his hastey nature and then named King Pingu:

He's always soooo hungry and after soooo much food though this young little Piplup.

We took a quick look in dark cave and came across a mischievous but gentle girl we named Phanelope:

Such a sturdy young Donphan.

We finally made it to Violet City but made a quick detour to see new friends in route 32 where we spotted a lovely Driflim:

Unfortunately we ran out of balls and where unable to catch him as our friend.
Similarly we met Electabuzz in the Bellsprout Tower but Phanelope accidentally got too angsty and killed the poor thing.

Face

Post by Face » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:13 pm

Not cool Wright.

Solid stuff as always, Golnax. Looking forward to more. Keep up the good work.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:04 pm

After crying about Electabuzz we finally moved on and challenged the tower proper and made our way to the top where we saw that nasty piece of work Jinaxto who ran off after beating to lead sage, so nasty!
We finally got our town and beat him in our much friendlier fashion for which he praised us for! I'm so glad Mexano could beat his trump card Riolu:

After that he gifted us with the TM for flash but a bigger gift was in the corner, some kind of pokemon fossil that I have yet to discover what it could be:

Before going to fight Falkner we decided to sell some Iron that we found and get a lot of Pokeballs and then we explored some of the ruins of Alph and completed some kind of kabuto puzzle where we fell into a room and met a new friend in Rolicia the Golem:

Such a hard and strong pokemon but we have to leave her in the box for now.

Once we where done we finally took on the gym and faced Falkner and his ace pokemon Voltorb with its scary sonicboom move but we won thanks to Phanelope's perseverance and got the Zephyr badge and TM51!

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:21 am

With our victory we headed out and down towards Union cave, on the way some nice gentleman gave us his Old Rod and then in the cave we met Shane the Stunky:

He's so modest, hiding away his love of victory and yet we weren't sure if he could fit in our party. Sharon offered to trade for him but she has done so well and then Helen said they where the same type and she wouldn't mind and yet I have not used a Nuzleaf before.

On that end it was decided to leave him be for now as a standby, after all he is kind of stinky and scares away all the wild pokemon which would make him difficult to train.

After getting through the cave on route 33 we met a Vileplume but we accidentally killed him instead of catching, so sad. :(
On our way into Azalea Town we saw a kerfuffle between this creepy man in black clothes and an older man who got pushed away before he ran, what a shame. It seems there's a darkness in the air around town and another weird man blocks the gym.

Before we got mixed up in things we checked out the forest and found a very sassy and vain Cyndaquil who we think might be gay, not sure:

He joined us and Sharon offered once again to give up her spot in main party for him and so we let Milo join the main team for now.

After that we went back to town and investigated and some shady group known as Team Rocket where stealing Slowpoke tails and we ended up talking to an old man named Kurt, who then rushed off to the well to fight back against the shady group.
Unfortunately Kurt hurt his back on the way down and it was down to us to fight them and to save the town and all the slowpoke!
However we first came across a new friend in the form a mild scaredy-cat Voltob who joined us and let us name them Poly.

They didn't seem interested in joining the main party so we left them in the box for now, besides they probably feel better in there with how soundproof it is.
Once we became acquainted with such a shy pokemon we charged right in and took out those damn Rockets, though we didn't expect the badass leader of the group to use such cute looking pokemon, though that didn't stop Skitty and Buneary from being a nice match, especially with Buneary's attract!

In the end we won and freed all the Slowpoke which all started to sow up in town again, brightening up the day, plus Kurt gave us some new balls and now we can face the gym!
Wowwee! That was a tougheeeee!

Bugsy and his top partner Tropius almost wrecked my shit, wasted all my good potions, even Gust hit Mexano hard after 2 growths but we finally pulled through and beat him!

There was this odd feeling like he shoulda been more of a bug expert and though he did have a Kricketot it was nothing compared to the much higher levelled Tropius.

It was pretty tough so we levelled everyone up a bit and Milo evolved!

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 pm

Wright you got yourself some cute pokemon with cute names! I kinda like how you're commenting as if it's your first time playing the game, which it might be fore all I know! It's a nice contrast to my sassy, somewhat expectant of experience in my nuzlocke.

Anywho, on to the update!

So, when we last left off I'd decided to grind everyone up to a decent level like 5 before going on to fight the trainers, but honestly? It went by so quickly that I just went ahead and leveled up everyone to 7 before moving on. On the way there just, holy shit! We ran into so many new pokemon! I feel like I must have hit a setting that makes it so that the routes have a plethora of pokemon in them, 'cause generally speaking in the vanilla version of the game a route will have somewhere between 3 - 5 pokemon on it, at least one common, uncommon and rare in some such order. But in my play through, it seems like I've got a plethora of rare pokemon that just waited to pop out and surprise me! Let me show you what I mean.

Pretty standard, nothing exciting yet.

A god damn Lileep!? On the first route!? This is the only one I ran into as well! So it must have been like, super fucking rare! Imagine if I had caught this thing, I coulda woulda dicked my competition into submission! D:

But let's see who else I ran into...

Venonat. Coulda been useful. It had disable as well, so it coulda made catching certain pokemon easier, or even make pokemon in gyms easier to beat. I digress though, the next pokemon we ran into was...

Linoone. Not as mad about this one, I don't really like the ferret pokemon. Moving on.

This guy was actually hard to beat. He kept using howl over and over and he tanked hits phenomenally. I was actually scared he'd kill one of my friends when he did attack! Thank goodness for Gawain! She tanked his hits and proved to be the better tank!

Meh skitty is meh. Next!

I coulda had a turtwig! A mother fucking turtwig! I found this on the same path as Gojira. I woulda taken this over him in a heartbeat! Not even 'cause I like him better, but because the team could desperately use a grass type friend! Type diversity is king, people! An attack for every situation, I say, and Turtwig would have made a welcome addition to the team.

Was pretty sure it wouldn't get any worse than this as far as regrets go...

A. Fucking. Frosslass. I've always wanted one of these things, but I never knew how to properly evolve it! It's one of those weird evolutions if I remember right, but that's besides the point! Ice Ghost type! That is an awesome typing! Immunity to normal type attacks? Fucking yes please! Omg and it had powder snow and astonish for attacks, I wanted it so bad. It hurt my heart to have to pass it up ;_;

And it just kept getting worse and worse!!!

Machamp is ANOTHER pokemon I've never had the chance to train because I couldn't trade with another person to get it. I've wanted this musclebound idiot since I learned about him back in gen 2. WHY WON'T THE WORLD LET ME HAVE A MACHAMP!?

HE'S THE BEST. AROOOOOOOOOUND! NOTHING'S GONNA EVER GET HIM DOWN!

*sigh* So then I remembered that Tristen had headbutt as a movie, and route 46 had a lot of trees. I figured, why not? I'll headbutt some trees, see a few pokemon, what's the worst that could happen?

Now, this was actually a bit of a pleasant surprise. I'd expect bird pokemon to hang out in trees. Felt a lil bad for killing the guy, he probably fell out of a Fearow's nest. Survival of the fittest in a nuzlocke challenge, though.

And then... and then...

^ this is now this Nuzlocke challenge's theme song. Because he loves to torment me apparently. The song is meant to be ironic, just FYI.

Do you guys have any idea how fucking rare this pokemon is? This thing is normally fucking impossible to run into in the wild! You basically have to breed one of these bitches, or get lucky enough to find a female combee in the wild. 'Cause it's only females that evolve into Vespiqueen here. The icing on top? There is literally a 1% chance for a combee to be female. 99% of combee are male. So this was basically a 1 in a million chance where 1 in a million chances happen 1/10 times. Again, this is another pokemon I've never gotten to train because it's just so FUCKING hard to get! I never wanted to put in the effort of training a combee, and there is a vespiqueen! Just... taunting me!!

*sigh* Moving on...

Ghastly is one of my favorite gen1 pokemon. A very solid ghost type, I've taken more than 1 Haunter to the elite 4, again, 'cause I've never trained a gengar 'cause no trade partners. Fingers crossed that I find a gengar in the wild guys!

Never had a strong want to train one of these. Meh porygon-Z is meh.

Fun fact: Cubone was one of my favorite pokemon for a short stint there back when I first saw it through the pokemon cards. It was quickly replaced, 'cause I was like, 7 or something like that. But still, cubone's always had a soft place in my heart none the less.

Keep in mind, these were just the first 3 routes. Route 29, 30, and 46. All of those, in addition to the pokemon I already posted, were available to catch. Like, wtf? I swear I didn't put in any settings that made MORE pokemon appear on routes. I really have no idea what's up with it! All of this was before I went to fight the trainers as well.

The trainers on Route 30 were 2 elite 4 members and a cop. Apparently, Trainer Golnax has a problem with authority, seeing as I've beaten the champion, half of the elite 4 and the popo. Fuck the police, fuck your pokemon league. Swigity sooty, I'm comin' for that booty.

So we got to route 31. I was considering going back to buy some pokeballs, but I had a meager 276 Pokemoney. So I said fuck that, time to get a new friend! Even though I had only 2 pokeballs and a dark ball... Here's what I ran into!!

This WAS going to be Hunter. Hunter was going to be our friend. But, sadly, I had to go to the movies. Side note, Logan was pretty fucking awesome. It had it's problems, but what movie doesnt? Well worth a watch, highly recommend it. I didn't even have to have seen Days of Future Past and Apocolypse to understand what was going on. Quality film this was. Anyways.

Hunter WAS going to be our friend, but the game glitched while I was gone and froze. I had saved before entering the grass though, so I reloaded and expected to run into another huntail and make it our friend. I will be careful to avoid this sort of thing in the future, so as to not cheat the rules of the Nuzlocke. Instead...

We ran into a Nidoran female! I was excited about this, not only because Nidoran male was one of our starter choices so this was basically getting a second starter in this run, but also because I rarely train up Nidoqueens. I usually go with Nidoking 'cause he looks cooler, but a Nidoqueen is just as good! So we quickly snatched her up, although she poisoned Kaku, and we dubbed her...

Queen Marchesa! After the MTG card. The name was EXCESSIVELY fitting considering her impish nature and the fact that she's a little quick tempered. In MTG, for those of you who don't know, Queen Marchesa was a noble, not even in line for the throne, that assassinated a fucking GHOST KING and took his throne, and then proceeded to fucking assassinate anyone who talked back to her claim. Seems a little impish and quick tempered to me!

Also - SLAY, QUEEN, SLAY!

So we were close to Violet City, so I went ahead and powered on through after giving Kaku an antidote. Along the way, we ran into another couple of potential catches.

Oh look. Another water pokemon. I said, and would have said, fuck you to this pokemon immediately. I've caught one of these once before. Once. Their catch rate is abysmal, close to a legendary. With 2 pokeballs, I was glad I didn't run into this thing. The next pokemon we ran into was:

First thought: He's lost his kid down a route!! Someone call the mall security, get them over the megaphone! Would have been a welcome friend.

Getting to Violet city, we ran into another trainer who had a couple of interesting pokemon in duplicates.

It was interesting 'cause they're both baby pokemon. Neither one put up much of a fight, but still. Also interesting to note that this trainer was also a cop. Fuck the police.

We also got a call from Joey, of the Elite 4!

Good on you Joey. Good on you. You branched out from your usual regiment of Rattata, and found yourself a new pokemon in the top percentage. I'll be honest guys, I was afraid of this fight, because I was so fucking sure that little Wynutt of his would have Destiny Bond, and I don't think my heart could have taken it. I'll be very wary of fighting Joey in the future because of this.

Along the way, we got ourselves a couple of items as well, lads.

More pokeballs, more friends. I was happy about this. That big root would come in handy if I ever get a grass type as well! They basically all know absorb and it's variants, so I wasn't worried about it being a dud item.

Also on our way to Violet city, we had a visit from Bad Bitch Lyra.

Thankfully, she saw it fit to spare us her ire and instead gift us with a Vs. Recorder. We graciously accepted and let her and her pupil Maril pass, for standing in her way would have been of great disrespect. I'd rather not get shanked by Bad Bitch Lyra.

We also paid a trip to Dark Cave in order to get the item in there and get a new friend! We actually got the item first, weirdly enough.

Solid for normal type pokemon, again, if I ever catch any. It was on the way out that we ran into our soon to be friend!!

Strangely appropriate for a cave, Dugtrio proved little challenge for Gawain who mudslapped him into submission. I went ahead and used the Dark Ball on him so as to gurantee that I caught him and, sure enough, we got him!

BEHOLD!

I AM THE UNDERMINER! I AM ALWAYS BENEATH YOU, BUT NOTHING IS BENEATH ME!! I HEREBY DECLARE WAR ON TRUTH, AND HAPPINESS!!!

Fuck yeah. We've got the Underminer as a friend. Boom, fuckin', city you guys.

What's more, he's got some decent stats for a level 2, and an even better attack listing. Triattack is so good with it's ability to free, paralyze or burn something. I often find I freeze things more than the other two, really. The Underminer will be freezing the hearts of my enemies soon!

That's it for this update. I'm thinking that I'll level the team up to around 10-12 and then go take on the gym, just so that I can get some cash to buy some pokeballs and then take in Sprout Tower so that I can catch something there, as well as the routes surrounding. 'Cause I"m fuckin' broke you guys ;_; 76 Pokedollars. I'm not sure if my pockets have ever been emptier in a pokemon game.

Will be back with an update later!

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:29 am

So, with the Underminer newly added to the team, we had quite a bit of grinding to do! Everyone needed to be to level 10 at least before we took on Falkner, so I decided that since we were getting Underminer up to par with the rest of the team, we might as well take the time to grind everything out there in the grass before Violet city. We took a visit back to Dark Cave as well, just to explore a bit more. Here's the pokemon we could have had as friends!

I've always wanted a Kingdra for it's design. It looks so cool! But more than that, it's one of the few pokemon that look close enough to an actual animal that it could actually exist, and as an animal lover, that was always cool to me.

Another meh pokemon imo. Not even that good experience :/

Dark Cave proved to be kinda barren, weirdly enough. I remember it being super populated with zubat, but I only really found dugtrio and the above pokemon in there. So I moved back out to the grass to grind out some more!

Wigglytuff is kinda alright I guess. Not really my kind of pokemon, but it could have had it's uses.

HYAA!

Staryu was always pretty cool. Kind of like Kingdra, I could always see one of these being real since it's literally just a starfish. True, it's got that gem thingy on it but you'd be surprised what sorts of weird things animals can grow on them. For instance, did you know that there are spiders with mirrors for thorax's? Crazy. Look it up.

Gligar is pretty alright too. It's evolved form is pretty stronk, but I'm not sure if we'd have access to in in HG. Maybe, but I'm not sure. Still, he's a bit of a chore to train so I'm glad we didn't come across him before Queen Marchesa.

Hoothoot is another classic pokemon in my eyes. Again, it was one of those that I first caught when I first played and, like Spearow, this cutey was found in a tree. I kinda disturbed him from his nap I fear. Poor guy :(

Welp. There went my chance for a Froslass again. Man :/

Ok, now this one was a surprise. I've rarely even seen one of these, let alone own one. He probably would have been a solid friend, but still glad I got Queen Marchesa over him.

So after all of that, we finished up grinding, went back in town, and healed up at the poke center, ready to face Falkner and his fuck boys!!

... Except we had to go do Sprout Tower first. Shit :/

I was really nervous about this because I had 2 pokeballs on me and an ultra ball. I really, really needed to catch whatever friend came our way in one ball! So we went op and immediately came across a Beautifly! Sadly, I forgot to get evidence of this would be friend, so I have no picture. Not that it matters much anyways, since Kaku was a little overzealous with astonish and killed it. It had absorb, too, so that big root we had would have been nice and cozy on it. C'est la vie.

What we ran into after that was way cooler anyways.

On the one hand, I was glad I didn't come across this. It would NOT have been caught with what I had, or at the very least would have taken my ultra ball. On the other hand, there would have been another really cool prehistoric friend to have!! Mm.

Goooooooooooooooooolbat :V

Well, there goes my chance for that Hyperion again. RIP.

We battled some trainers in the tower, of course. All of theme sailors. I can only assume that they were ex-navy men who, horrified by their experiences in the pokemon war, came to Sprout Tower to become reborn an adopt the life of a buddhist pokemon trainer. Sounds like authority figures to me! Fuck the sailors. We wrecked 'em all.

We also found some items, lads.

This was promptly given to Queen Marchesa. Leftovers for poison types? Yes please.

Another piece of the broken god? Oh fuck yeah. Gave this to Gojira to hold. Really puts the god in godzilla. Eh? Eh? Anyways...

Found another one of these. More money in my pocket I guess. Which reminds me I need to sell these both... will do that when I go to the pokemart later on.

Yet another piece of god! I will give this to a friend who knows electric moves when we come across one. It'll sit safely in the bag in the mean time.

After that we ran into Daniel again, yall know how that fucktard is. Used an escape rope so that we wouldn't destroy his team. After he fled like a bitch, we challenged the elder of the sailors who, surprisingly, was an artist! The game said his name was Anne (Anny are you ok?), but given the fact that he was an artist who was surrounded by ex-military, I gave him the nickname Bob Ross. 'Cause he just wants to paint a happy lil sprout tower.

We beat the elder, healed up, then went back to the gym to dominate, which we did! We beat Falkner's flunkies with single hits, and then we got to Falkner himself, who was going by the name Scarlett. Like we were fooled, though! He used a diglet at first, and Gawain promptly dealt with the impostor Underminer. Next, he sent out an elekid who I just knew we were going to smash. Electric types have nothing on steel rock types!

... But then... The unthinkable happened...

The fucking elekid had low kick. Fucking low kick of all fucking things. And I just HAD to have my heaviest pokemon out. For those who don't know, low kick does more damage the heavier the pokemon is. It one shoted poor Gawain.

White hot rage flowed through me. Kaku stepped in before I could murder that elekid myself and stomped it, literally, into submission. Falkner was beaten, but not without heavy loses. We have lost our first friend, lads, the first friend that we got in fact. She was so young. She had so much potential. Her evolutions, some of my favorite. She had a personality of a strong, rough and tumble young woman who was going to go far in this world. Cut down before her time.

The funeral was long and hard. No one could find the words proper to say.

I can find no upside to this situation. A moment of silence, please, as we mourn the dead and gone.

I've gotta make a trip to the pokemart. Buy some pokeballs, sell some stuff. Get prepared for the routes ahead. Plenty of friends to catch, though no one will replace dear Gawain. My heart is heavy. We carry on.

Gara

Post by Gara » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:37 am

Losing Gawain must have been a low blow.
Kirigakure CharactersShow
Aisu, FuyuhiroAisu, Hatsuyuki
Kirigakure GeninKirigakure Special Jounin
  • Chakra Pool: 7
  • Endurance: 7
  • Control: 7
  • Strength: 7
  • Speed: 7
  • Willpower: 5
  • Power Rank: D
  • Chakra Pool: 22
  • Endurance: 20
  • Control: 20
  • Strength: 20
  • Speed: 23
  • Willpower: 20
  • Power Rank: B
Hyouton SpecialistSword Specialist
TealDarkorchid
Other CharactersShow
Tiānhuǒ "Xiao" ZhīzǐThe Mimic
Sunagakure Iaido Specialist GeninD-Rank Nukenin
  • Chakra Pool: 8
  • Endurance: 8
  • Control: 8
  • Strength: 8
  • Speed: 8
  • Willpower: 8
  • Chakra Pool: 5
  • Endurance: 5
  • Control: 5
  • Strength: 10
  • Speed: 10
Tenkujutsu Trainee - Sword SpecialistStealth Specialist
BrownLightgreen

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:09 am

So, in the wake of our devastating loss, we went back to New Bark Town to see Prof. Elm 'cause of the call he sent us. Unfortunately, I forgot his call said that the egg was in the violet city mart :/ So, we back tracked to violet city, bought and sold a bunch of things will our newly acquired money, and then got the egg. Along the way, we stopped in Cherrygrove and headbutted some trees so as to get ourselves a new friend.

Everyone, meet Archimedes.

I'm actually really happy that we came across him, 'cause it knocked out two birds with one stone yes bun intended. Not only do we have a flying type pokemon now who can later learn the stellar move fly, but Archimedes can also put things to sleep, which is going to be so good for catching other friends! He's got a naughty nature and is often lost in thought... uh... owl porn? Hm. For shame, Archimedes. For shame. But you do you. Welcome to the team.

His stats are pretty evenly distributed. He might end up being one of the faster members of the team, and I can't wait until he gets some special attacks.

So after leaving the mart with the egg we ran into this... geisha bitch.

No idea what her deal was, she got a lil too close for comfort there, did a bit of a dance, implied that it was her that gave the egg to Mr. Pokemon and I guess indirectly implying she gave it to us? She told us to take care of it and then was gone again. Whatever, I'll see you later geisha bitch.

So we got the egg, ran around Violet city for a while while jamming out to The Monkees until it hatched.

I was a little bit excited for this, actually. I could have headbutted some trees in violet city or come back to go fishin but instead I ran laps around the city in order to hatch this little guy and get the surprise pokemon from inside! And we got -

... Togepi. Hm. That wasn't worth the 20 minute of running, I'll be honest lads. I could have swore that I randomized what pokemon would come out of the egg, or maybe this egg counted as a static pokemon and since I left those unchanged, this was unchanged as well. Not sure, but I named the little guy Daydream and gave him a cozy place in the box after grabbing Archimedes.

After that it was off to the ruins of Alph where we solved the puzzle, fell down a hole, got a useless key item and then proceeded to run into a series of wild pokemon.

The first of which was...

Staravia. Not bad, not bad. A replacement for Archimedes should he ever die on us, Heaven forbid. We caught him and named him Shark. Get it? It's kind of a reference to West Side Story... 'cause... 'cause it's pokedex entry reads that they fly in flocks and that flocks tend to act very aggressively towards each other. Ya know, like the Sharks and Jets? Eh? Eh... nevermind. He went to the box, and we proceeded to run into more potential friends on our way out.

Wasn't expecting the full evolution set so early in the game, but alright. Whoever comes along this early route with allergies, I feel bad for you.

Mareep would have been great to have, actually. I coulda given it the zap plate, he could have diversified the team. Coulda woulda shoulda. Moving on.

>: P

Would. Have. Loved. To have. The pokemon with the single highest attack stat in the entire game? Fucking yes please. Sadly, it was not meant to be. Not here, not now. Perhaps on another route, I still have 2 more chances...

This little guy was always my favorite of the baby pokemon, and what's more, he's kind of a fucking badass! If I remember right, if you keep Magby as a Magby until level 30, he learns fucking Fire Blast! That's insanely early considering Magmar learns it at like, level 50/60 something? Magmortar 60 something as well I think? Little power house is Magby! Plus he's a fire type, and I love those (Whoda thought?). He was a tough little shit, too. Poisoned both Archimedes and Underminer. It's a shame he couldn't be our friend...

I'm gonna leave this one off here for now. Gotta level up Archimedes some, then I'll move on to catching new friends. One thing's for certain - I am going to over level every one of my friends for the next gym. My heart couldn't take another loss ;_;

Stay tuned!

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:07 am

We decided to move along but before we could we where jumped by Jinaxto who was kind of difficult, especially given our levels and no potions left, maybe should've trained better for though we won he killed Mexano with Magneton.
For shame for I did not think about Magnet Pull which stopped us from switching further, plus he taunted us for some time by not using sonicboom for a good while after we switched to poor Mexano.

May Mexano rest in peace... :'( I-in-in t-their p-p-p-place... Not that they could ever be replaced... Sharon joined back on the team... :'(

We sadly ventured into the forest and helped this boy catch his master's Farfetch'd in the hopes it would raise our spirits, though it only helped clear our our mind a little.Nonetheless he and master where thankful and we got HM01 Cut:

We also followed them back home because they rushed off so fast we couldn't express our gratitude for the gift and we just ended up getting another one in the form of a charcoal (or maybe it was some kind of weird sixth sense or past life experience that made us go there? who knows).

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:54 pm

RIP Mexaco. You will not be forgotten! I feel bad for you, Wright. Metaton is such a good pokemon, easily the strongest on your team. Here's hoping you get more clutch catches like that in the future!

So when we last left off we'd just caught Archimedes and he needed to level up to be on the same level as everyone else on the team. So down to route 32 we went to catch a new friend and also to grind up! Our first encounter was:

A mother fucking Umbreon! I was super excited about this one, 'cause Umbreon is a pretty boss pokemon. Mostly, though, I was excited about possibly adding a dark type to the team! And he was a resilient one, too. His defense was really up there, I was only chipping away at his health bit by bit instead of taking chunks. When I started chucking balls at him, he just refused to be caught in one or two as well. Thank goodness that we had Archimedes with us who could put him to sleep, although he REALLY needs to work on his aim. It took way too many tries to catch this guy >.>

So, after using 5 balls, a lot of time and a lot of patience, we caught him! And I had no idea what to nick name him. I was really, really tempted to name him Shadow, like from the Sonic series. 'Cause he's black. And has rings on him. It was so obvious, and so dumb. I hated it. But then, I read it's pokedex entry, which goes a little something like this:

When agitated, this Pokémon protects itself by spraying poisonous sweat from its pores.

That's a really cool ability and tid bit of knowledge about Umbreon. I wonder why it doesn't have a move to represent it... then it hit me. I knew instantly what to name him.

Say hello to Hexxas you guys~!

The nickname could not have been more on point, frankly. A dark type pokemon that secretes a poison when threatened who has a serious nature and perseveres? Que the theme music.

Just look at those stats! What a fucking champ, and he was only level 6? 22 Sp. Def is going to make him such a good sponge for certain kinds of attacks. Also, that ability tho. Able to spread about poison, paralytic agents or fiery burns? Guys, the name for this pokemon was fucking perfect. Side note, the minute I can teach Hexxas toxic, he is getting that move like it's no one's business.

So after catching Hexxas, we had to have him on the team. We put Tristen in the box since we had Gojira. Sorry buddy, but redundancy isn't the name of the game in pokemon, going wide is. At the very least he will be comfy beside Daydream and Shark.Then, since we now had 2 pokemon that were level 6, we went on a grinding session, and ran into some new coulda been friends.

Bulbasaur would have been crazy, we all know it to be true. There's a reason that he's still top tier even today, and no not all starters are like that. Combine that with the fact that I've never trained a bulbasaur except once, and I would have been fine catching this little guy.

lil Underminer :3

Ah, Milotic, one of the most beautiful pokemon and one that I've evolved into before, but never properly trained. I just never felt like it, there were better water pokemon out there. Not to mention this run has been really over-saturated with water types so far, I would have passed on this one. Plus, Milotic was a bit uhm...

... Kinky. It was also really, really fond of using wrap. I am unsure how to feel about this.

Now Magikarp I wouldn't have mind getting. True, he's a pain in the ass to train up until level 20, but once he hits 20? Oh baby, then we're in value town. Gyrados has always been one of my favorite pokemon ever since I first caught the red one all those years back.

I'll be honest, if I had caught a Stantler, it's name would have instantly been Sexbang. Becuase he is Danny Avidan's favorite pokemon, and Danny Avidan is basically an angel. Woulda done it in a heartbeat.

Last but not least on route 32 was Ursaring. A super solid pokemon, I never had one of these either. Mainly because by the time I was finding tediursa's in the wild, My team was solid enough as is and I didn't feel like training up a new pokemon to take to the next gym. Although, years later in Pokemon Y, I did bring a Beartic to the elite 4, which is Ursaring's cooler (not sorry) cousin, so I definitely would have taken Ursaring with us had we run across him.

After that we headed on down the long and winding road that is Route 32. Got some items along the way, got a phone number, fought some dudes. It was pretty alright, all things considering. Oh, the other 2 elite 4 members were down on this route. Fuck the elite 4, amirite guys? Came to get their beatings early, so good on them.

Although, there was 1 trainer that we ran across that was different from all the others. A legendary trainer that I never thought I'd get to see...

Don't be fooled by the name, you guys. This trainer? This trainer was none other than Ip Man, the man himself. For those of you who don't know, Ip Man was the man who trained Bruce Lee and was a certifiable fucking badass, much more so than Bruce Lee even. This dude fucking Kung Fu'd the Japanese military into submission, no I am not exaggerating, he actually fought a duel with a general and won. I respect the man for trying to be covert, but I saw through his disguise. Can't fool me Ip Man, can't fool me.

After that, it was off to Union Cave 'cause fuck that slow poke tail guy. We entered the cave and before we ran into a pokemon, we found an item.

That will come in handy for when we have a dragon type, if we have a dragon type.

Now, as for the pokemon we encountered...

We ran into a shieldon first, and I'll be honest, I was excited for this. This wouldn't have been a replacement for Gawain by any means, but having another Steel type on the team would have been awesome, and a prehistoric one at that! Sadly though, Hexxas was having none of it and killed it with a crit before we could do anything about it. Apparently, shieldon couldn't take his toxic love. What a shame...

Crobat would have been solid. Boring to me, but solid.

Ya know, if there's 1 psychic type pokemon I don't like, it's Mr. Mime. He just... doesn't have enough offense about him. Most of his moves are defensive, he's very much a support pokemon. Was honestly glad that we didn't run into this first.

Again, this could have been a solid pokemon. Boring, but solid.

We rushed through Union Cave, beating all the trainers in there and stepping out to Route 33. At this point, I'd been playing for quite a while and thought it best to take a break, so we went to Azalea town to heal up, and on the way we saw a Team Rocker member straight up deck an old dude! Not cool, Kurt is the fucking bomb and we have a SHIT ton of Apricorns to give him. I'ma enjoy kicking Team Rocket's ass on the next one!

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Alright, so I decided to take a bit of a break from the nuzlocke so that I wouldn't get burnt out on it. Did some other stuff, played some MTG. It was a good time, really. But we're back! And we've made a little wedge of progress!

So when we last left off, I skipped over route 33 because I'd just gotten out of Union Cave and didn't feel like risking my friends with a wild pokemon encounter that could have been anything. Once we healed up though, we went straight to Route 33 to get ourselves a new friend. And who did we run into?

... Ya know. What did I say when we found that first DeepSeaScale? Something something the odds of us coming across a clamperl were so low we might as well sell it? Well, I showed myself didn't I? :/ Thankfully this thing had quite a bulky defense so Gojira didn't utterly destroy it when he bit into it. Got it far down enough that we caught it with a single pokeball. Say hi to Rachel, everyone! Rachel went to the box, naturally, but we may come back to her later. Who knows? But we're getting a good stock of water pokemon at this point.

We continued on Route 33 a bit, just to see who else we could run into.

Smeargle would have been pretty cool. Never had one of them before. I understand they're kind of a weird pokemon to train up. Still, coulda been interesting.

Unfortunately, the only other pokemon we came across on route 33 was Staryu, which we've already seen. All in all, kinda boring, but that's fine really! We got a friend, nobody DIED, so all was well. We headed back to Union Cave after this 'cause there was a chamber I skipped before that I knew had some items for us.

On our way to get those items, though...

:|

A fun little story for you guys. So, back when we had Crystal version and Gold at the same time, A young me said to himself, "I wanna train something different! I always pick the fire type, what's the grass type like?" So I picked Chikorita, and it was surprisingly solid! I remember really, REALLY liking Meganium when it evolved into that. I thought it was super cool! Like a plant dinosaur, which was pretty cool. Chikorita and friends have had a special place in my heart of hearts since that run. Was really sad that we couldn't have gotten it :/

The items we got were as follows:

Nothing too especially flashy or anything, but hey, items is items yo.

From there we made our way back and talked to Kurt, who of course was very irate about the whole Team Rocket slowpoke thing going on. We gave chase, followed him down the well, and proceeded to kick a metric fuck ton of Team Rocket ass. Those fuckers had NOTHING on us. To put it simply:

And honestly, how could we have NOT done so when one of their head members was named Kimberly?

Kimberly. Go be sassy while making me a coffee at Starbucks or something, Kimberly. Get the fuck outta here with that weak ass gangster shit you try to be spewin'.

The slowpoke were saved and as thanks, Kurt made us some pokeballs! Or rather, is in the process of making them. We gave him like, 6 green apricorns so he'll be busy for a bit. It's nice touch that you can have him mass produce these things in Heart Gold. I remember doing them one at a time was a real pain in the original versions.

Now, while dealing with the Team Rocket goons, we didn't run into any pokemon. So of course we went back to get ourselves a new friend. And who did we run into but:

Awwww, it's a lil Pichu! Pichu and the gang are always pretty solid electric type pokemon, frankly speaking. Plus we didn't have any electric friends, so I was down for it! I used that quickball we found earlier and got it on the first try. I named her Xiz. Don't ask me why, I thought it was a cool name for an electric pokemon. Kinda like a uh... what do you call it when a word is a word that sounds like a sound? I can't remember, but Xiz sounds like electricity, so there you go.

While doing there, we also ran into a couple of other pokemon.

Never liked Wismur myself. Happy to pass that one by.

Found this dude while fishing. Would have made Tristen real happy to get a friend so similar I'm sure! But alas, Xiz was fated to be our friend and so, we moved along! He was good experience for Archimedes, tho.

A fire type friend continues to evade us, comrade. Numel would have been fairly solid as a fire type as well. Nice and bulky, Camerupt is actually a fairly solid pokemon.

After Slowpoke Well we headed back to Route 33 to give it another chance before heading to the pokemon center. We ran into a Torkoal.

When will we get the fire type friend that we so desperately crave, comrades? ;_;

Knowing that the gym was gonna be super difficult more than likely, we went about to Ilex Forest to catch another friend and level up some. And then along came Daniel! Wanting to take some of our friends away, well I said NO! Not this day! And we proceeded to duke it out.

Daniel lead with a slowpoke which, talkin' meta for a second here, was kind of thematic. 'Cause ya know, he's actually Giovani's son, Team Rocket was stealing Slowpoke tails. It was all very tongue in cheek. Kept using Yawn as well, for some reason, so we juggled pokemon for a bit until we landed on Hexxas, who stuck through a couple of naps and then wore it down slowly 'cause it kept using Growl as well. I think it only used watergun like, once? Not good training, Daniel. Not good.

Next came Maril, who Kaku just stomped into oblivion. Fucker stood no chance against getting confused and literally stomped. All in all, pretty easy.

But nothing compared to his Lombre coming out.

Archimedes came in, and for a second I was worried. 4 levels in quite the gap! I thought maybe we'd have to do some hit and run tactics in order to survive this one... but then it just kept using Nature Power, which was Earthquake every single time, which Archimedes was immune to. Archimedes proceeded to peck him to death, which while not doing a lot of damage, was in fact super effective.

Daniel proceeded to storm off in a huff. To which I couldn't help but call out to him:

So now with HIM out of the way, we were feeling pretty good about life. Went into Ilex Forest and almost immediately ran into our next friend.

I've trained one of these guys once before. They're pretty solid, actually, as a fighting psychic combo. Gets the best of both physical and special moves eventually! We put him to sleep and then chucked a couple of balls at him, catching him on the second. Now, I was originally going to name him Buddah, but honestly? Netero felt like a better name to me in the end. Netero was sent to the box, where he will remain for now. Our team of friends feels fairly solid right now. No need to shake up the bushes so to speak.

While in Ilex Forest, we caught a couple of Farfetched, got an ice heal and HM01. All in all, a pretty good session.

The only thing left to do was grind our team up to level 20 so that we could safely demolish the gym leader... but that's going to take a while, so I decided to call it quits here for the day and pick it up another! I think, to keep myself from getting too burnt out on this, I'll make a post once every couple of days or so, or try to at least. I won't leave it as big gaps like this in the future.

A question now for you, lads; should I display what all friends we have in the box? Been thinking about it, but I'm not sure if I want to keep track of all of that or just those friends we have in our party. What do you guys think?

Gara

Post by Gara » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:25 am

My Starter ChoicesShow

Alright so I started my own Nuzlocke, after downloading Heart Gold, and these were the choices that I was give. Sooooo.....
Meet EisShow

Our journey has just begun, so I will update yall as it progresses.

I will be naming my Pokemon after forum members, so check to see if yall become a part of the game
Kirigakure CharactersShow
Aisu, FuyuhiroAisu, Hatsuyuki
Kirigakure GeninKirigakure Special Jounin
  • Chakra Pool: 7
  • Endurance: 7
  • Control: 7
  • Strength: 7
  • Speed: 7
  • Chakra Pool: 22
  • Endurance: 20
  • Control: 20
  • Strength: 20
  • Speed: 23
  • Willpower: 20
  • Power Rank: B
Hyouton SpecialistSword Specialist
TealDarkorchid
Other CharactersShow
Tiānhuǒ "Xiao" ZhīzǐThe Mimic
Sunagakure Iaido Specialist GeninD-Rank Nukenin
  • Chakra Pool: 8
  • Endurance: 8
  • Control: 8
  • Strength: 8
  • Speed: 8
  • Willpower: 8
  • Chakra Pool: 5
  • Endurance: 5
  • Control: 5
  • Strength: 10
  • Speed: 10
Tenkujutsu Trainee - Sword SpecialistStealth Specialist
BrownLightgreen

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:07 pm

As it was written. As it was foretold. As the legend stated. As the myth said. The return of the Nuzlocke challenge has been a long time coming, but it has finally come!

Lots of RL stuff kept this off of my priority list for months, but since that's much less so now, I figured it was time to return back to our friends, the lads in the bag! So lads and lasses, put on your britches, pick out your best pokemon themed underwear, pack a snack and let's get ready to get back into the EXTRA THICC of it!

We started things off by getting reacquainted with our friends the lads in the bag. It was nice seeing the bois and gurls again, and they were all ready to kick some serious ass. Even checked out the bois in the box. They were playing poker. Good lads, the lot of them.

After getting reacquainted with the team, we headed on over to old man Kurt's house. We'd left our balls in his tender, expert care for a few months now and it was time we got them back. We gave him the green apricots before if you remember properly and, well...

I could already tell that this was a bad omen. It was as if the game was taunting me, saying that somewhere along the line, I was going to lose another friend. And soon.

We gave Kurt some black apricots to turn into black balls for us.

... So anyways after we got done visiting Kurt we went to Ilex forest to train our team up. I decided to get everyone up to level 15 instead of level 20 for a couple of reasons. 1. It would have been time consuming as FUCK to do all of that training and fuck that noise, and 2. if I remember correctly, the second gym isn't actually all THAT bad in terms of levels. No telling what they're have, granted, but it shouldn't be that terrible! We beat Daniel and his whole crew in a laughably easy way, so how hard can this bitch be?

While we were there leveling up, we ran into a couple of surprises in the way of new pokemon we hadn't seen before!

Tentacruel's another pokemon I never trained. Yet another water type pokemon that I'm pretty alright passing up on, Gojira's got us covered on the water front right now.

Hey look guys, it's that one guy who got a lot cooler in Alola. Sandshrew's alright, I've trained one before, but he never really thrilled me you know? Perfectly happy to pass him on by.

Now here was something that could have been fun to train! A dark ice type would have been an interesting combination for sure, alas it wasn't meant to be.

I'm never going to get a fire type in this playthrough, am I?

MFW.

Huh, another dark pokemon. How 'bout dat? Absol, again, never really thrilled me. Even when he got an evolution years later. Just wasn't my pokemon I guess, but if we didn't already have Hexxas he would have been welcome on the team I guess.

Goodness, another dark pokemon! Ilex forest is shady as fuck, lads! Honchcrow would have been cool to have, we would have had our flying type covered and he's just a solid pokemon really! Alas, like my evasive fire types, it simply wasn't meant to be.

Once we got everyone up to 15, which didn't take all that long, we headed back to the poke center, healed up, and then it was time to rumble!!

So we got into the gym and, I'll be honest, I forgot about those weird bug puzzle things that were waiting in this gym. It reminded me that this version of the game is actually a revamped version. Stuff was different and all that. Bummer :(

Anyways, we got to the first stooge to fight when all of a sudden...

Marchesa was evolving! Ooooooooooh my stars, they grow up so fast!

Such a mature young lady! And, I'll have you know, our first successful evolution of one of our friends! If we could get many, many more of these, I'd be so happy!

Things were going hunky doory at the gym, pickin' off fools left and right. Then we got to Bugsy, the gym leader. And his level 17 Hariyama.

I didn't think a thing of it at first, just two levels higher than my guys, no big deal. What I didn't take into account, however, was how much of a fucking tank Hariyama apparently is. That fat fucker was SUCH a damage sponge, it was unbelieveable! What was worse was his fucking damage output.

At first, I had Gojira in, thinking that he'd be just fine. It started off with a Fake Out, pretty standard, pretty weak. Set me back a turn. Then I went to bite him and it didn't do much damage, and I knew that something was wrong. Then it used Vital Throw - FUCKING VITAL THROW, ERUGH - and Gojira's health plummeted! I switched him out ASAP and brought in Kaku, 'cause that seemed like the logical fucking choice! Psychic type moves should have wrecked his fucking asshole every day of the week!

One Vital Throw put Kaku's health at half. I tried desperately for a few turns to give him potions, hoping, PRAYING, that this Hariyama would do something -ANYTHING - else besides Vital Throw. But no. Throw after throw after throw, potion after potion gone, and suddenly I was faced with a tough choice.

Do I sacrifice one of my friends for the sake of the others?

I decided no! Fuck that! So I switched out to Underminer, since he was the fastest on the team. I figured that with him being a ground type, he could take even a single vital throw and survive long enough to Magnitude this fat fuck into oblivion.

Fucking nope! One STUPID hit! A single fucking Vital Throw because that was ALL this fucking thing knew how to use! So of course I switched out from Underminer to Hexxas, and keep in mind at this point I had only hit this thing fucking ONCE! utterly ridiculous! Hexxas tagged in and, being a dark type, was able to tank a couple of his hits. But this fucking Hariyama's defense was just so unbelieveably high, every hit that landed did next to NOTHING to it. Then came the thing no pokemon is safe from: A critical hit.

It was all down hill from here.

I sent in Kaku after Hexxas had passed, hoping and praying that he might be enough to end this fat fuck in one hit, or at the very least confuse it. Of course, Bugsy decided to use a super potion as soon as I did, and a vital throw later...

Underminer was next. I needed his speed and strength to end this quickly where the others had failed. He managed to pull out a Magnitude 8, but it just wasn't enough. Hariyama was just too much of a fucking tank...

I sent in Queen Marchesa next, hoping and praying that she could poison him before beating him into submission via scratch or double kick. Fortunately, like the late Hexxas, ol' Queeny was resistant to this fucker's fighting moves, and what's more her ability FINALLY managed to poison him after 5 turns of poison stings doing jack shit. Then, THEN, he decides to do something new for a fucking change. By using Whirlwind. Dragging Archimedes out.

This was immediately bad because Archimedes was weak as fuck. My literal only hope was to use hypnosis on him and then switch back out to Queeny so that she could finish the job, but, in classic Hariyama fashion, he went on the offensive even while poisoned and almost beat Archimedes to death. After the first hypnosis didn't work, I switched back out to Queeny and through attrition, it finally succombed to poison.

The other two pokemon were laughably forgetable. A sentret that Marches destroyed with double kick, a Lotad that was sent out in a similar manner.

I fucking called it. I knew as soon as I got those friend balls that I was going to be losing some friends tonight, I just knew it! I couldn't have guessed that I'd lose 3 of them though! God FUCKING DAMN IT!!

The walk to the pokecenter was a literal funeral procession. Half of my bag lads dead, getting ready to shepherd them to the great beyond. Filled with rage at a fat fuck who stole my teammates from me.

I made sure that each of our fallen lads got the proper 21 guns that they deserved. Each one had a full procession. It was beautiful, and sad, and my heart was hardened like the Pharaoh of Exodus. Damn it all, not again...

A moment of silence for the fallen.

We accepted no calls during the funeral, though we got 2, and when it was mercifully over we withdrew Tristen, Xiz and Netero from the box, to fill out the space left behind by those who had departed. Not to replace them. We carried on.

I gave Xiz the zap plate we found before and taught Gojira how to cut down trees like the Kaiju he is and then got the hell out of that town, intent on never returning... except maybe occasionally to pick up new pokeballs. We entered Ilex forest, cleared the way, and moved on to hopefully greener pastures in the form of whatever route was next.

On our way out, though, we stopped to once again pay our respects to the fallen.

We also found a poison barb which, were it not for the infinitely useful Black Sludge, which incidentally was the only thing keeping Marchesa alive during the Bugsy Massacre, would have gone perfect on Queen Marchesa were she not already holding something. Useful for future generations, though.

As we moved along, we found a dude headbutting tress and he was kind enough to teach Netero how to do that, which was actually very useful since the only damaging move Netero had at that point in time was Bide, and bide sucks. Then, as we were trying to get through this blasted forest, we came across a familiar face... geisha bitch.

Luckily for us, Geisha bitch didn't have too much to say. Just that she was lost and needed to find a way out of the forest. Xiz volunteered and showed her which direction to go. Top. Lad. Xiz. New lad in the bag already earning his gold stars. After that we picked up a blue shard... whatever the hell that is, and proceeded on.

We finally made our way out of Ilex forest, which, btw, was like 10 feet away from where the ditzy geisha bitch was at, and talked to a lady with a buterfree who was kind enough to give us a new TM, TM12. What a lovely lass.

We came out on Route 34, a brand new route, and from there we immediately sought out a new friend to help fill the void left behind in the wake of the Bugsy Massacre, never forget, and the first thing we came across waaaaaaaaaas...

A Magnezone! I'd never had one of these, 'cause again no trades (RIP being a poor kid in the early 2000's), and it was just a straight up improvement upon Xiz really! The problem was that I wasn't very well equipped to deal with this guy. Gojira and Archimedes BOTH would have likely kicked the bucket with one well placed Thundershock, Tristen was paralyzed and Xiz and Netero were in no shape to try and fight it, so we all know what that means. It was up to our home gurl, the queen of queens, Marchesa.

Fortunately for us, Queen Marchesa's double kick was super effective against Magnezone, but not TOO effective mind you, putting him right down into the red zone after only 2 (4) kicks! The hard part after that was getting him to stay in a ball. I really wanted to catch him in a friend ball, but after breaking out of 3 of them I had to switch over to the much more expendable pokeball... which is what I ended up catching it with! Meet IFO, Lads!

Geddit? It's like UFO, 'cause that's what it looks like, but I like 'Identified'. I thought it was clever, shut up. All in all, he's got some decent stats on him and an alright moveset that will no doubt improve over time. He's pretty beefy, really. IFO here might be the team's new tank, really. In any case, we put Xiz back in the box so that the better electric pokemon could have his place in the bag and we gave IFO the zap plate while we were at it. With our party all situated, we went back to Route 34 to see what else we could have caught instead of IFO.

Yet ANOTHER water type, as if this nuzlocke wasn't oversaturated with them enough as is. Incidentally, this is one that I'm always willing to train, because as we all well know, Gyrados is a fucking boss.

Paras could have been interesting to have. Not terribly powerful, but the number of status effect moves it knows could have made capturing future friends easier. Ah well.

After these two we went back to the site of the Bugsy Massacre, healed up the party and called it quits for the day. This was a very emotionally draining play session with a little bit of ups but mostly downs. Here's hoping that the next one will not be as filled with death and sadness as this one was. Until then, lads.

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:26 pm

Another day, another pokemon adventure. Let's go, lads.

We started things off by picking up some items that we missed, namely a piece of charcoal.

And then we went back to Kurts to pick up those black balls we left. Turns out, they were Heavy.

*sniff* So anyways, we gave Kurt some white apricots and then moved on back down to route 34, where we proceeded to root around the grass to see who else could have potentially been our friends.

Drowzee could have been cool I guess. A nice companion for Netero, what with the pyschic typing and everything. I wasn't too thrilled to see it, though. Drowzee and Hypno both were a couple of eh pokemon to me from the beginning. Never had a strong desire to own one before, so I was alright passing this one up.

Lame fish is lame. Next!

Yet another pokemon I never trained. Again, wasn't too thrilled by it's appearance, but I suppose it would have helped in the type diversity department. Could have been a solid replacement for Tristen perhaps.

After that there really wasn't anything new showing up, so we healed everyone up and then went back to route 34 to kick the asses of the trainers there. Everything was going hunky doory. Until some dad and his kid pulled out a pineco on me. See, I was none the wiser about this unassuming pokemon. Thought to myself, eh, it's just a pineco. I'll slam it like a faygo in just a couple of hits, no biggy. But what does pineco know that makes it so dangerous? Say it with me now, class: Explosion!

Netero was the victim, and I'll be honest, this one didn't sting so bad since we hardly knew him. Not to mention that his demise was just... just perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better funeral pyre for Netero than a Poor Man's Rose in the guise of a pineco.

Rest in peace, you beautiful legend that never got to bloom.

When the battle was over (and after a short lunch break), we sent Netero's ashes to the wind. It's what he would have wanted.

With Netero's ashes in the wind, we're left with a vacant slot open in the bag. No one currently in the box really fit that spot without creating an imbalance in typing, so for the moment we soldiered on with just 5 friends. Little did I suspect that when we got back on the route, we'd be faced with even more horror.

My. Fucking. Face. When.

We were NOT about to lose ANYMORE of our friends to this fat tub of yellow custard or his fatter, grabby uncle! So I did what any good father would do. I took care of it.

By murdering that little punk in cold blood.

We similarly dealt with the rest of that bitch ass trainer's team. They were so devastated by the loss that they gave us their number so that they could offer us alms periodically by way of giving us whatever items they happen to come across. As they fucking should '^'.

Not. Even. A single. Trainer. Later. What do we run into?

Another FUCKING suicide bomber!!! I knew that I needed to act fast and OKO this fucker or else I was going to lose another friend, so I brought in the only hope that I had, Tristen. If his icy wind could kill this son of a bitch in one go, then we'd be alright. We wouldn't lose anymore friends on this day.

AND WE DID IT LADS! WE MANAGED TO KILL THE BOMBER BEFORE IT DETONATED WITH TRISTEN ONLY GETTING A BIT OF A BUMP FOR HIS TROUBLE!!

MFW surviving that fucking pine cone. Route 34 is so unbelievably dangerous, holy shit you guys D:

Case and point: Look who decided to show up!

Bad Bitch Lyra, visiting her grandpa or some shit idk, but her popping up after all of that is just bad juju. It's a terrible omen. Remember guys, Daniel's a basic bitch by Lyra knows where it's at. We don't wanna fuck with Lyra. She caught a Mew for fuck's sake, while it was in the green!!

We got to meet Lyra's parents. They're in charge of the daycare, but we wouldn't dream of ever dropping our friends off at a place like that. Daddy raises his family on his own '^' Grandma was on the up and up, tho, calling Lyra out and why exactly she was bringing us here, and why Lyra 'almost forgot' to give us her number on the way out. Grandmas, man. They know stuff. Granda gave us their number as well, probably so that we can call and gossip with them when Lyra decides to stop being so bad and takes a moment to chill with us and our crew of top lads. Anywho.

After kicking the stuffing out of one more trainer, we finally made it to Goldenrod City where, I felt, it was a good time to take a break. Just... jesus. so many near death experiences and the loss of yet ANOTHER friend so soon. The sting of the old lash had barely settled before we were greeted by the new! We'll pick up the adventure next time, see what's to see in Goldenrod and maybe, just maybe, catch some new friends without losing anymore along the way.

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:26 pm

It's that time again, ladies and gents. To continue our journey through the world of Pokemon. Solid content ahead. Rock solid.

We started things off nicely by coming cross an item we passed over in the grass last time, containing TM52, Focus Blast.

I dunno who we're going to give that one to, or even if we'll give it to anyone. I am still dubious about TMs in a nuzlocke challenge to begin with, given the tendency for our friends to just up and die on us in the line of duty, meaning we'd lose the TM forever. But I dunno, if a suitably strong lad comes along, we might just give him a treat.

What followed after that was essentially a training montage as me and the lads beefed up for what was to come. We had... a surprise or two along the way.

Pinsir. We could have had a pinsir. I have always, ALWAYS, wanted to train one of these ever since the days of old when I played this games on a gameboy advanced. And now to run into one here as a possibility... Just... Damn it.

Literally the next pokemon we run into. Where the hell were all of these guys hiding the other day when I was trouncing round in the grass like a madman!? >:V If we could have caught this, we would have been set for a tank. These guys are so fucking beefy and can hit like such a truck that just... RRRRRRRRRGH!! Why the fuck did we have to run into Magnezone of all pokemon!? I don't even LIKE Magnezone all that much!!

... But I love my IFO. Shut up.

Hooray for more useless fish.

This post will be edited later as I take breaks between leveling up pokemon. Stay tuned!

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:00 pm

I'm invading again but with platinum and thus the adventure begins:

This fucker is so impatient... 10m?

Bluddy Goltan man, always harassing me for money as fake bribes because he gotta go fast.

See? Fuck sake, calm your tits!

We finally get outside and after Goltan almost fucks himself, the amazing Prof. Rowan appeared before us and offered us our first pokemon!

Though I think the Prof. was a little confused and put the wrong picture on his pokeballs.

Though the one that stood out the most to me was the Bagon and its powerful aura which filled me with strength just looking at it.

Of course the hasty as ever Goltan had to get us both in a battle straight away before I even had a chance to get and know the poor thing.

Afterwards we went home and I finally got the running shoes from my mom so I can almost run as fast as that crazy idiot Goltan and then I got to start and really see my Bagon for what he is as I showed him to her.

Seems like he is very hardy and will eat pretty much anything, though he does tend to thrash about a lot.

I met Goltan outside and he told me we're going to catch some legendary at the lake (yeah right, calm your tits boy) but we just found some strange but perfectly fine man saying weird things.

Side note: Did Goltan really?

Trekked through the first route to go find Rowan and boy is it a doosey, not only was Uxie at the wrong lake but there was also Heatran.

But we made it through, said our thanks was where given a pokedex with Rowan saying we should venture on a quest to capture more friends and even suggesting to nickname our current one and thus Bagon became known as Kabuto

Then it struck me... A quest... Nicknames... Catching friends... Yes, that is something I would love to do and I must go tell my mother right away and begin this grand adventure... Yes... It almost felt like some kind of challenge... Hmm... The word NUZLOCKE came to mind for some reason... Moving on...
Anyway we gathered some balls and went forth to meet our first new friend on route 201!

Thus our second friend was found and it was a very greedy, fat, docile cat that just loves scattering all my things everywhere. In any case we called him Graham and happily accepted him to our team.

We were kind of low on balls afterwards so we decided to save the lake for later and headed towards route 202 where we bumped into Dawn who, despite trying to tell her we already met some friends, went ahead and showed us how to catch some pokemon.

Well at least she gave us more balls and then we ran into a possible friend called Heatran but we where not brave enough to befriend it. Since we couldn't catch Heatran and we had all these extra balls we decided to look for a new friend back at Lake Verity.
We found a friendly little Mareep and ended up calling him Tesla. He is very curious but is so hasty and always rushes through checking everything and demands to go back and recheck thing, though he is as sweet as his tastes in food.

We finally arrived at Jublife and got some more advice from Dawn but on the way we saw a strange officer called Looker... Very strange... He gave me some recording device and then ran off.
Afterwards I ventured west to route 218 where a nice man gave us an old fishing rod which we used to fish up a Magnezone of all things but it didn't seem to want to come with us, eve using our premier ball did not entice it. Oh well.

And so ends the first day of our journey with a nice group of 3 friends.

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:26 pm

I am invading as well, also with Platinum.

My adventure started the same as many others so I had forgotten to take pictures to document the earlier parts of the journey but I'll try to recap.

I had been startled awake by my oh so impatient yet still keeps you waiting for no reason friend Barry who had the idea of going to see Professor Rowan to get our very first Pokemon.

A few mishaps later and we stumbled down Route 201 at last, being stopped by the very person we were going to see just before we made the foolish mistake of walking into the tall grass. Impressed by our dedication to Pokemon, the grumpy professor decided to give us our very own Pokemon.

It was a hard choice between Magnemite, Caterpie, and Machop but fate won out and I chose Magnemite to join my party.

Afterwards I battled Barry which was a breeze, the idiot not once using an actual attacking move.

Wanting to prove our gratitude to Professor Rowan we proceeded to Lake Verity where a strange man stood, mumbling to himself about space and time.. or something. He honestly didn't seem entirely stable.

Once the man left we heard the cry of the Lake Pokemon and proceeded to capture it, only to realize that we had no Poke Balls. Oh well.. not like we would have been able to capture such a strong Pokemon in an ordinary ball anyways.

And so with us going our separate ways I proceeded onto Sandgem town, battling many potential friends along the way, upon arrival being entrusted with a mission by Professor Rowan (by the way does he seem like he needs glasses to anyone else? I mean come on, who evolves their Pokemon while on the first route?) and got to nickname my Magnemite.

And now at least, meet Gino everybody:

I accidentally ran into the Pokemart following Lucas' introduction of the building, embarrassing i know, deciding to buy some Poke Balls while I was there and capture a new friend on the way home.

So yeeeah.. you know what I said about not catching strong Pokemon in ordinary balls? Forget that.. it was a challenge but meet Gaia everybody:

However it was all downhill from there or so it seemed, Gaia drained our stock of Poke Balls and so we had to restock, after which we headed back to Verity Lakefront to meet a new friend.

Unfortunately the Bagon we had found was too resilient and in the end after running out of Poke Balls we had to leave empty handed.

Spirits low, we made our way to Route 202, meeting up with Lucas again where he taught us how to capture a new friend, despite us having done so ourselves. In the process he even made friends with a Kabutops, the lucky bastard.

Luckily Lucas gave us five more Poke Balls and in the next patch we were able to redeem ourselves, finding a female Wailmer happily bouncing around in the grass. It was a short battle but it seemed that luck was once more on our side and so meet our newest friend, Ria the Wailmer:

And so with our newest friend, it was onwards to the next adventure, though there was a trainer nearby giving me the stink eye.. I think I'll go beat him up.

Easily destroying the trainers that we came across, we soon entered Jubilife City, meeting again with Lucas and meeting with Looker, a member of something called the International Police, or so he claims, I'm not too sure that I believe him with how crazy he acts.

After that crazy event Lucas told me to go to the Trainers' School but I do what I went so instead I went up to route 204 looking for new friends. And what a find, a feisty Seedot:

It was a frightening encounter as everyone knows that Seedot know a devastating move in Bide but I grit my teeth and into the ball she went. I had a new friend by the name of Samui the Seedot
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:49 am

A fresh day, a fresh adventure.
Today I started off by going into the trainer school as suggested where I learned a bunch of useful things but most importantly I got to battle a couple of kids.
The boy had a Riolu and used X-Attacks but gave me a potion afterwards. The girl must've been in some kind of super advanced class because she had a crazed Dragonite that took a quite a bit to take down, especially when she used a potion but no matter since Graham took to the stage after Tesla had a good try and even paralyzed it.

Afterwards I gave Goltan the parcel his mum told me to handover and it contained 2 Town Maps so he shared one with me and apparently we should be heading to Orebough next for a gym fight?

However I was stopped by another strange man when I left the school who went on about his invention and basically swindled me into doing his strange promotion to try and get a free one, what was it? a Poketch?

Clowns??? D:

Anyway I managed to talk to all the creeps and I did get a watch and I suppose it is much better than I was expecting.

Also, along the way, some guy made me join a group and a bunch of odd but interesting people throughout the city told me many things and gave me a couple things before I decided to get more balls and venture ever onward.

Then as always I ran back into Goltan on route 203 and immediatly got dragged into a battle but Tesla easily beat his Chatot and Poliwag.

We met a Cranidos on route 203 but it didn't want to come along with us and we unfortunately ran out of balls again.
Luckily we found a Big Mushroom which sold for $2500 and got us a lot of balls and so we entered Oreburgh Gate but before we could do anything a friendly man gave us the HM for Rock Smash.

On the first floor we did finally get a new friend in the form of Samantha the Floatzel

She is very gentle and yet strongly defiant and she seems to enjoy bitter food the best.

We pushed through the tunnel and reached the city whereupon some kid took us straight to the gym but the ever so hasty Goltan was outside and said the gym leader went down the mines. Oh well we decided to look around the area before heading towards the mine where we met a Lickilicky but Samantha was jealous and crit it to death so we could not add them as a new friend.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:14 am

The tragedy of our newest friend is so pure and unforgivable!

We decided to set our sights on the first Gym which was very tough and unforgiving since Roark was so harsh with us.

It started fairly well until Roark's ace appeared.

The Alakazam was very strong and even Graham's physical attacks where nothing but most annoying was its Kinesis lowering our accuracy.

In the end we won.

However... It... Came at a great... Cost... Our whole team almost beat down but most of all... Our newst friend... Samantha... She... She...

:'(

So new and fresh and strong and yet defeated... She almost had it but that kinesis, those misses... It was just too much and then we almost lost Tesla to a similar fate but luckily he struck on his 2nd thundershock and killed that vile demon!!!

Though we could never truly replace Samantha we did soon find another new friend on the lower floor of Oreburgh gate thanks to Kabuto being able to now use Rock Smash.

Cookies the Kingler should be a fine trade in however and seems to be very jolly, loves sweet food but can be rather finicky.

Before that we did take a look at route 207 but the Palkia we found was too much to handle so we had to flee.

We got back to Jublife and headed north where we ran into some weirdos calling themselves Team Galactic trying to terrorise the Prof. for his research but he wasn't having any of it and shouted some rules at them before I beat them down with Dawn.
It did seem scary since they had Gyarados and Cressilia but Cressillia was weaker than expected and Gyarados went down after thrashing a bit and killing Dawn's Igglybuff.
It took a long time and a lot of potions thanks to Double Team but we did eventually beat Cressilia and the grunts ran off.

After that our friend suddenly evolved into a bigger and stronger friend!

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:23 am

After mourning for a bit we finally went onward to route 204 having been scared by those pesky grunts earlier.

As we did we encountered a new friend in the form of the most timid of Chads; a Machoke that likes sweet food and can take hits.

Once we pushed through and beat some kid who said he got his Latios from his dad, amongst some otehr trainers, we made it to Ravaged Path where we met the totally opposite and ever so Brave Poliwag.

We named him Whirliam and it seems like he loves spicy food and likes to relax which is very clear since he only knows Water Sport so we will probably have to whip him into shape.

After awhile we fought through the whole route, saw a Mew and someone with Articuno but it was fine since their moves where nothing and they where easily handled.
Eventually we arrived at Floaroma Town.

We found a flower shop where we got a spray bottle for watering berry trees which we learned all about and decided we should plant the berries we have.

Though for some reason it seems those Galactic weirdos are invading the town even though its so peaceful and flowery?
Sounds like they don't even know why themselves.

What doofuses!

To be honest it did sound like their main plot was an attack on a nearby wind farm so we figured we would take a look ourselves and see if we couldn't help.
Sure enough some little girl's papa had been kidnapped by the goons and locked inside the Windworks.

We went over to the Windworks but before we got into a mess with the crazies we met a new friend, the first one to get boxed but Whirliam was so lazy and wanted to just swap with her.

Unica the Rapidash is very bashful and alert to sounds but she also eats any food in her vicinity.

The petty grunt outside fled inside after we beat him and locked the door forcing us to find the guys from earlier to get the spare key as he helpfully pointed out to us.

These guys are so dumb; attacking some old man just for some honey!

We finally battled through the Windowrks and apparently the crazy people where stealing electricity for some reason but after all the grunts was some woman who said she was a Commander named Mars.

She mentioned some strange stuff about creating a new world and not being understood before finally battling us.

We started off on the right foot for sure, both her pokemon where weak to Unica and Chad.

Though it got close at one point...

and yet we did win.

The guy behind her called Charon tried berating her for losing but boy did she get scary.

Anyway we saved that young girl's papa and scientist who tried to explain what they where up to but it made no sense at all... Making a new universe? What the heck!

So tearful... :'(

When we went outside we met that strange policeman called Looker again who totally missed all the action.

Looks like we can finally be off to Eterna city but it sounds like a bit of a long trip.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:35 am

And so our adventure continues with an unfortunate crit that killed a possible friend.
https://prnt.sc/igy637

We where doing so well with our not very effective damage and the Relicnath even hardened but then we crit instead of doing just 1 last bit of damage to try and get it to stay in the ball.

Some crazy pokemon in this route.

Unfortunately Cookies's special attack is too abysmal to deal with them, though Kabuto with his Choice Band ate Ho-Oh to shreds, though the thing knows Whirlwind which can end the fight.
Similarly there are sometimes Kirlia which teleport away... So Annoying.

On our way through the route we had a mini heart attack when a Drifblim crit on Kabuto and then died to bite and hit extra with its aftermath which left him at 1HP

When we finally got to Eterna forest we met some girl called Cheryl who wanted our help to get through, promising to heal our pokemon after every match.

This made catching a new friend very difficult and actually saddening when we encountered Regirock and Chikorita with Regirock using explosion and killing Chad. :'(

So sad but we pushed through and managed to find a new friend in the 2nd half of route 205 in the form of Luxio we called Lumaria.

She's very bold and mischievous and likes sour food and hopefully she can make Chad proud.

WrightJustice

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:54 am

We made our way through into Eterna City.

Apparently its very old and full of myth but also it feels very creepy with Team Galactic hanging around.
We had a look around and bumped into our speedy friend Goltan who dragged us around where we spotted that strange man from way earlier talking to himself again in front of this crazy big pokemon statue that had its plaque pulled off.
Afterwards some strange woman found us and gave us the HM for cut after talking about the myths and her old adventures with a pokedex.

Whilst in town we fished up a new friend in the form of a Jumpluff we named Jumpai.

Very relaxed and yet alert to sound and seems to love sour food.

We also went over to the right to find another friend in the form of a Wartortle we named Turl.

Very Jolly and capable of taking hits like any turtle could, plus he seems to really enjoy sweet food.

Once we where ready we went to challenge the gym. There was a woman that had both a Palkia and Raikou but with pushed through and finally got to fight Gardenia.

She had a Caturne and Swellow and her ace was a Kirlia.

We easily beat her and got her badge.

Since we could now use cut outside of battle we went back to eterna forest and into the Old Chateau where we braved ourselves for a new friend in the form of Magmortar which we named Blaine.

It was very scary inside and I swear I saw a ghost girl in there and there was some ghostly pokemon inside the TV that turned out to be a Shaymin, though we couldn't catch it because we already got a friend and we didn't want to be greedy with our friends.

When we went back into the city we decided we wanted to check out that awful Team Galactic building where we found a very poorly disguised Looker.

Though we need some rest so will have to wait to tackle such a big task until later.

Return to “Member Section”