Problems, Requests and Mistakes

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:18 pm

Request: Allow puppets to gain stats at half the rate of companions as a reward from plot boards. Also allow mechanisms to be obtained from plot boards.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:22 pm

working on the puppet thing @ Sia
Sunakimi, Yozora D-rank RoninMinor Country#D2A846
Senju, YamabikoGeninKonohagakure no Sato#9370D8

Suzuri

Post by Suzuri » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Sometimes, when I try to click on a link on the forum, I get this odd window that looks fishy/spam/phishing. I can just click cancel and re-click on the link, but, yeah, I thought I should warn you ^^

Example:

http://tinypic.com/r/nx2r6e/9
Suzuri Rinrin | Inkstone | The Travelling Painter

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:32 pm

viewtopic.php?&t=5937074/1/

Kabu: 2 points

viewtopic.php?&t=?p=2010708&t=5937022

Check: 1 point

viewtopic.php?&t=?p=2010975&t=5937022

Aeris: 1 point

"There doesn't seem to be an area to post/move companions that haven't been paid for. Missing or is there another set up for this?"

They don't have their own section, they just get marked as unpaid

viewtopic.php?&t=?p=2011013&t=5937022

Check: 2 points

"A little suggestion. A recent situation (would rather not necro that exact thread, even if it wasn't that long ago) has made me realize that this forum doesn't have an 'advertisements' forum, in which people could advertise other roleplaying forums. Ideally guests would be allowed to post, but I have no idea how strong zetaboards is against spammers."

We have an ad sub in the Member Section, though there may have been a brief time in which Onu forgot to move it over

viewtopic.php?&t=?p=2011607&t=5937022

Sia: 1 point

viewtopic.php?&t=?p=2011938&t=5937022

Sia: 1 point

"Sometimes, when I try to click on a link on the forum, I get this odd window that looks fishy/spam/phishing. I can just click cancel and re-click on the link, but, yeah, I thought I should warn you ^^"

My guess is that you've accidentally downloaded some kind of phishware, but I'll look into it

Servant

Post by Servant » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Don't forget posts 121 through 150!
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:45 pm

Suzuri:
Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:02 pm
Sometimes, when I try to click on a link on the forum, I get this odd window that looks fishy/spam/phishing. I can just click cancel and re-click on the link, but, yeah, I thought I should warn you ^^

Example:

http://tinypic.com/r/nx2r6e/9
I had this a few times while browsing on my old phone, I got myself a new antivirus and (though it didn't find anything) never had a repeat occurrence. Never seen it on my desktop, but I run things like noscript (or something similar, I forget) on that browser. Might be worth looking in to if you can't otherwise solve the issue!
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Sia

Post by Sia » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:38 am

Theres no general site rules anymore? I know we had some pre-flip but if they made it over i cant find them.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:15 am

Question: If someone is already at the stat cap and then wants to get a spirit sealed into them or something else that would require a mastery stat, can they choose to shave 50 stat points off of the character?
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Ivory Peacock

Post by Ivory Peacock » Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:33 am

Request: I find it hard to regulate the strength of a lot of the things I create myself (Jutsu, weapons and such), so I like guidelines on strength and effects. They are supper helpful. Its a small thing but I was wondering if someone could work up a strength chart for poisons? You know, what effects are what rank and what their approx. cost would be? Or at least something of the like?

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
B-Rank MN: Suna
[#563c5c]
76/76
D: 0 C: 0 B: 0 A: 0 S: 0
[Organization]
[Xue] | [Lan] | [Chi] | [Zi][/center]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?
Kisōsha, SeikatsuGeninSunagakureYeah
Genkouyoushi KiyosumiJouninIwagakureProbs not (Pending Genkouyoushi clan info)
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
(Inactive) Shoshiki Gisei :: D-Rank MN, Iwa

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:19 pm

Request: I think it should be allowed that characters can have 50 stat points shaved off in the event they are gaining a mastery stat.

As it is currently, You cannot be an S-Ranked Character and go on the required S-Ranked Plot Board to Receive an S-Ranked Spirit.

Or rather, you can, but then you can't have 50 mastery. That defeats the entire purpose. An A-Ranked Character tagging along with a few S-Ranked Characters is still totally plausible but seems kinda...meh in comparison.

Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:06 pm

just for the record, a spirit doesn't have to go all the way to 50 mastery

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:26 pm

Soooo you can just have 5 Total Mastery, change the forms to be based around those 5 mastery points, and just reallocate the stat boosts appropriately?

That sounds wonderful, because otherwise you outright CANT have 50 mastery if you're already S-Ranked.

Becoming S-Rank requires you have have 280 stat points, thus already outing you of 5 of the 50 points. Then the rank-up itself gives you 30 points, which puts you at 310/325. So you can have 25 Total Mastery if you so desire. I suppose in that case you can just spread the forms out over the course of 25 points and adjust the boost numbers a bit?
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

7eleven

Post by 7eleven » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:27 pm

I mean, the exact number is up to balancing by the mods so that it accurately reflects the ability. But there's no rule saying Mastery has to have a 50 cap.

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Righto, but an S-Ranked Level Spirit that Grants 10 elements is obviously going to have to use the same numbers as a genma would (fusions and extensions come to mind) and therefor require 50, am I wrong?
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Ivory Peacock

Post by Ivory Peacock » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:39 am

Request: I forget where someone said it but somewhere on here I read that there wasn't really a set rule on how many characters a person could have, but that a person should ideally only have five: one per village. I was thinking this should be put somewhere in the rules, but I also think this should be expanded to 7 to 10. I think a person should be able to make 5 village nin as well as 2 to 5 (At the discretion of da mods) characters from a minor country or characters that are rogue nin.

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:14 am

Yeah thats wrong, Sia. It'd be based off of what the user wants, and what the staff sees as balanced. 50 is in no way a requirement (in fact the genma are based off of 45 with the option for 5 bonus stats). But, additionally,
Tenkujutsu Rules:
The sealing process requires a 2500 word thread or B-rank Plot Board which can either be the capturing of the spirit, or the actual sealing.
Not to mention an S-rank character shouldn't be realistically getting a spirit anyways. Its established in our lore that the villages choose children/genin/chuunin for their hosts because theres a minimal risk of rejection due to incompatibility. An S-rank would have a really developed chakra system, lore wise, would make it harder/riskier for them to be sealed.

Also @ Sannin, no the character limit is 5 and will be staying that way for the foreseeable future.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:45 am

You told me on skype it would be an s-ranked plot board. >:(

BUT THIS IS AN AMAZING TURN OF EVENTS THANK YOU FOR THIS
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Servant

Post by Servant » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:50 am

Fawnjuro2016:
Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:26 pm
Then the rank-up itself gives you 30 points, which puts you at 310/325.
Can I get a clarification on this?

I was under the impression that ranking up gave you points, not stats, just points. Am I wrong?
My Thread
Inken Nikuya
[color=#ffe135]
  • Seiryu - [color=#007FFF]
  • Suzaku - [color=#e62a09]
  • Genbu - [color=#80461B]
  • Byakko - [color=#007FFF]
Sadame Juusha
[color=#2888BD]
Imuka Makumi
[color=#Fc0fc0]
Yamanaka Yaya
[color=#3a6e38]
-

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:02 pm

Actually you're right, I never thought about that. Maybe it is just regular points, not stat points. o3O
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:35 pm

Awai still have mentions of doujutsu in their clan page, and kinda have contradictory statements about being involved in village affairs and not.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:41 am

Gen archives viewtopic.php?&t=5927406/1/

*[Genjutsu • Taste Control]
A-Ranked Illusion Genjutsu
Prerequisite: 30 Controlm 30 Genjutsu

Ivory Peacock

Post by Ivory Peacock » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:00 am

Totem Style:
*[Totem Style • Tiger's Pounce]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: *Totem Style • Tiger's Pounce
I am guessing the prerequisite should be Tiger's Hunt not Pounce.
Totem Style:
*[Totem Style • Phoenix's Flame]
A-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: *[Totem Style • Phoenix's Flame]
I am guessing it should be Phoenix's Birth for the prerequisites instead of Flame
Fuuinjutsu:
*Fuuinjutsu • Iron Binding Seal
B-Rank Charge Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: *Four Seal Permitter Barrier
The prerequisite just is named the *Fuuinjutsu • Four Seal Barrier Formation, not *Four Seal Permitter Barrier
Iijutsu:
*[Iijutsu • Chakra Stitching]D-Ranked Ninjutsu
This is grouped and it looks really weird and awkward. Spacing please!

And just a suggestion, I think a lot of the jutsu in the archives should be nocoded so that we can get the colors and stuff. Like for the Hyuuga jutsu, it gets tiring writing [color=antiquewhite] [/color] over and over. Hehe. Well that's all (Until I feel nitpicky again).

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Post by Director » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:59 pm

Hayate's a dick on the Senju archive page.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Sia

Post by Sia » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:17 pm

DirectorPr:
Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:59 pm

Hayate's a dick on the Senju archive page.
...I stand corrected. This is the greatest thing I've seen on NSRP in a very long time.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

Post by FluffyGinja » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:33 pm

Check the Jouchaku clan symbol... then think hard about it the platform most people play games on wih the PC...
Active CharacterShow
Character NameAgeRankVillageCompanion(s)Training/Lonely ThreadSpeech Color Code
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Ivory Peacock

Post by Ivory Peacock » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:05 pm

FluffyGinja:
Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:33 pm
Check the Jouchaku clan symbol... then think hard about it the platform most people play games on wih the PC...
I noticed this and laughed for DAYS

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:43 am

The rule about max allowed characters, no 2 in the same village except twins, etc appears to be missing.

I assume it should be here: viewtopic.php?&t=5921829/1/
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Shikon

Post by Shikon » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:50 am

Quote:
*Raiton • Earth-Shattering Roar from the Highest Heavens
S-ranked Raiton Jutsu
Prerequisite: 45 Ninjutsu, Raiton • Flying Dragon-Striking Heaven-Shaking Thunderous Bombardment
Considered the ultimate expression of prowess with the lightning element, this technique creates a bolt of lightning of unmatched power. After using the correct hand seals, the user concentrates lightning between their hands before firing it in a single bolt of lightning which travels for a maximum of 150m. Once it connects with a solid or at the user's will, it will explode with the force of 25 exploding tags, while expanding the raiton shocking quality for an extra 40 meters outside of the explosion radius. This technique causes the user's arms to become paralysed for 2 posts after use.
In the Raiton Archives, doesn't have a speed at which the lightning bolt moves.

Sia

Post by Sia » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:33 pm

FluffyGinja:
SanninSupreme:
Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:05 pm
FluffyGinja:
I noticed this and laughed for DAYS
viewtopic.php?&t=?p=2007447&t=5937022
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Ivory Peacock

Post by Ivory Peacock » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Lol

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Takumi

Post by Takumi » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:10 pm

Request: A little while ago, there was confusion in regard to Advanced Channeling and its requirements (so much, in fact, that mods were contradicting one another). The ambiguity was dismissed, and I was told if I wanted to do something about it I should write up a better phrasing for it. I got lazy, so I didn't, but now I'm on vacation so I've got nothing else to do.

The vague phrasing in question:
Quote:
Ninjutsu: Advanced Channeling:
Advanced Channeling
This user has superb chakra control, and has learned to perform jutsu by channeling, without the use of hand seals. The user can channel any ninjutsu that is designed to be channel, and there are no specified parameters in which a jutsu must fall to be channeled by this method. To get this concentration the user must be a Ninjutsu Specialist, and have picked Control as one of their specialized stats.
Specifically, "To get this concentration the user must be a Ninjutsu Specialist, and have picked Control as one of their specialized stats." is vague. As the mods have made clear at this point, this includes both Ninjutsu Specialists and Elemental Specialists (since Elemental techniques are Ninjutsu). This leads to ambiguity when we look at the Ninjutsu Specialist-locked concentrations and customs, which also only list Ninjutsu Specialist. As far as I am aware, this is the only instance where it counts as both (except in the Specializations page itself, where Elemental Specialization is listed as Ninjutsu: Elemental Specialist.).

Suggestion:
Change the phrase from "Ninjutsu Specialist" to "Ninjutsu or Elemental Specialist".

Alternatively, I would suggest adding this sentence to the end of the phrase:
Quote:
An Elemental Specialist can also get this concentration if they picked Control as one of their specialized stats. However, they are only capable of channeling Elemental Techniques.
This, however, probably is imbalanced, so you should just add the "or Elemental Specialist" part.

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:39 pm

viewtopic.php?&t=5899687/1/#new <-- It says points in the ranking table. Shouldn't it be Stat Points?

Kabu

Post by Kabu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 1:02 pm

Checkmate:
Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:39 pm
viewtopic.php?&t=5899687/1/#new <-- It says points in the ranking table. Shouldn't it be Stat Points?
We don't get stats from ranking up anymore since total stat points determine rank now. So instead we get regular points, however we have been working on extra benefits for ranking up.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:10 pm

Ok, thanks

Takumi

Post by Takumi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:53 pm

Quote:
1-10 Ninjutsu Requirement : 1st Degree Burns
11-20 Ninjutsu Requirement: Second Degree Burns
21-35 Ninjutsu Requirement: Third Degree Burns
36+ Ninjutsu Requirement: Fourth Degree Burns
From the Katon page. Just wondering if it's intentional that the burn changes happen one above the jutsu rank requirements, and not on them (i.e. 1-9, 10-19, etc). Also, is it possible to make jutsu with higher nin reqs at ranks lower than S? If not, this whole thing seems unnecessarily confusing. If so, that seems like it could be problematic too, and lead to abuse of needing a certain rank (chuunin etc) before having certain jutsu ranks.

FluffyGinja
User flair: Former Suna OOC

Post by FluffyGinja » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:04 pm

Takumi:
Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:53 pm
Quote:
1-10 Ninjutsu Requirement : 1st Degree Burns
11-20 Ninjutsu Requirement: Second Degree Burns
21-35 Ninjutsu Requirement: Third Degree Burns
From the Katon page. Just wondering if it's intentional that the burn changes happen one above the jutsu rank requirements, and not on them (i.e. 1-9, 10-19, etc). Also, is it possible to make jutsu with higher nin reqs at ranks lower than S? If not, this whole thing seems unnecessarily confusing. If so, that seems like it could be problematic too, and lead to abuse of needing a certain rank (chuunin etc) before having certain jutsu ranks.
The rule that used to allow jutsu of lower ranks to have increased ninjutsu pre-reqs has been changed to only allow S-Ranks and up. Several people were abusing them and just making C-Ranks that could break into higher brackets. Those Katon burn scalings are unlikely to change.

Also, you already have jutsu rank limited by your actual rank. You still need to be a Chuunin to use A-Rank Jutsu. Sp.Jounin and Jounin to do S-Ranks, etc. It states this in the rules. Right in the character creation section where it states how many points you get for jutsu.
Active CharacterShow
Hitoke, Ibuku14GeninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00A5DB
Ogata Amiya28B RankIwagakure No SatoN/AHow Does A Brick Wall Train?SlateGray
Past CharactersShow
Kyoukan, Kureha [Inactive]30JouninKumogakure No SatoN/AN/A#d67082
Tamamushi, Shishi [Inactive]16ChuuninIwagakure No SatoN/AN/A#00b27a
Nara, Shikatsu [Inactive]26JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A#7251BC
Shirahama, Sueatsu [NPC]36KazekageSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A#f96b07
Jouchaku Chiane [Inactive]24Jounin (Bannin)Kirigakure No SatoN/ACome on Jouki, I'm boredLightCyan

Takumi

Post by Takumi » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:21 pm

FluffyGinja:
Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:04 pm
Also, you already have jutsu rank limited by your actual rank. You still need to be a Chuunin to use A-Rank Jutsu. Sp.Jounin and Jounin to do S-Ranks, etc. It states this in the rules. Right in the character creation section where it states how many points you get for jutsu.
Yes, I am aware. I meant, there isn't much difference between a B-rank with a 29 Ninjutsu requirement and an A-rank, except two points to play with and the fact that Genin would be allowed to use it. That could be abusable.

However, since it isn't allowed anymore, that's not a problem.

My complaint still stands, there's no reason to have the scale for Ninjutsu. It's hinting at something that isn't allowed (variable ninjutsu requirements below S). There's no reason for that. It would be more clear if it were just:

1 Ninjutsu Requirement : First Degree Burns
20 Ninjutsu Requirement: Second Degree Burns
35 Ninjutsu Requirement: Third Degree Burns

Alternatively, you could list it based on Rank:

E-C: First Degree Burns
B: Second Degree Burns
A-S: Third Degree Burns
S+: Fourth Degree Burns

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:36 pm

The feature will be added back in with some fine tuning, which is why its remaining as it is. It was surprisingly difficult to scale the non-stat based passive abilities appropriately with the strength of the techniques. Which is why it was 1+ the minimum requirement. We didn't want bare minimum C-ranks being wildly more powerful than a maxed out D-rank.

Anyways, yes, it will be put back in at some point, so it'll stay with those analogs, no need to change it just to change it back
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:08 am

From Rules 8) Points Store:
Quote:
Stat training, though, is a bit different. You are only allowed to stat train 50 times. After that, you are only able to earn stats via [Plot Boards]. You cannott combine stat trainings into a single word count, for example: having a 1500 word tai training and 1500 word speed training, and just training for 3000 words. Each training must meet the count separately. Stat trainings are always 1500 words in length, though a moderator may request that you add additional information if they feel it was not adequate enough. Companions follow the same guidelines for stat training, but can only stat training 25 times.
Few small typos highlighted and grammar errors, nothing big, but hey.

Also
Phineas Forge wrote...:
Don't forget posts 121 through 150!
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Checkmate

Post by Checkmate » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:50 am

*Kouton • Tower of Babel
S-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 45 Ninjutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will kneel down to the ground. From 10 metres away from them in every direction, steel will begin to rise from the ground in a cylindrical shape at 40 speed. This cylinder will rise up 5 stories high, complete with a staircase and floors for each of the 5 stories. This tower is capable of taking hits of up to 50 strength.

Shouldn't this have a time limit on how long the strength lasts?
viewtopic.php?&t=5922343/1/#new

Return to “Questions and Ideas”