Gimme weapons

Lord-High-Lord of the Frogs
Suna OOC
Suna OOC

Gimme weapons

Post by Lord-High-Lord of the Frogs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 am

Hey yo dudes and dudettes, cool and hip representative of the people Nick here.

We should get extra points towards special items if we sacrifice our point rewards from a PB into it. To be clear, I think everyone should still get their stats, but if you're specifically searching for the sword of gilgamesh, you should get some kind of discount towards it.

My suggestion is that point values be x1.5, rounded down, making the highest reward an extra 3 points at a 7. This is supported by the fact that you can train jutsu for far less word counts than a thread and the reward for it would be, so this is essentially 'training' a weapon.

"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River

Great Spymaster of Suna
Einherjar
Great Crazy of Iwa

Ace Trainer

Gimme weapons

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:39 am

Agreed
Hizashi IkinariKenketi TentekiMistaki Shio
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
Kumogakure No Sato
Special Jounin
Kirigakure No Sato
Jounin A Rank Missing-Nin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

TyDie
Kazekage
Kazekage

Gimme weapons

Post by TyDie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 am

ive done this before when I got my weapon for my Konoha. PR granted me a point reduction for doing a PB to earn the weapon, so its definitely doable,
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=#000000][/color][/b]
Sunagakure No SatoHenrin KiyoriKazekage[color=gold][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoIzanami SakakiChuunin[color=#00FFFF][/color], [color=#800080][/color]
Kumogakure no SatoHatsume IeyasuJounin[color=#00BF00][/color]
Kirigakure no SatoToukai AsuraA-Rank Missing Ninja[color=#826644][b][/b][/color]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuGenin[color=#dc143c][/color]

Brentston

Gimme weapons

Post by Brentston » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:27 pm

If we can do it already then we should make it clear in the rules
Sunakimi, Satori C-rank NukeninKumogakure no Sato

Sia

Gimme weapons

Post by Sia » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:35 pm

hmm. i feel like i recall reading it though?
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules,
Sia:
Everything is banned until balanced.
Kabuto:
Tourneys bring out the worst in people.
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Jaiyo:
The Lead on Of Jaiyo Uchiha. Jaiyo Uchiha was born in the middle of Winter So About January our world he had a brother and jaiyo was the older twin brother so there was alway a bit of competition between them untill the day the were enrolled into the ninja academy they worked hard an helped each other shape there skills in battle
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Onu:
Tydie is trash i cant believe he only gave 1 point for that masterpiece.
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Tydie:
dattebayo intensifies
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
Waterz:
A simple animal extermination on a nearby island. The job was simple, but she wouldn't return unscathed. The two had the hots for each other and Kanako was going to give him a certain job in an alley before their ship back home arrived. Tsubasa was a little too eager from his comics, grabbed her head and tried ramming all the way in one go. What the carelessness did though was cause penetration of Kanako's left eye and impacting her brain. Her scream of pain seemed to be the final straw for him as well.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:
Kao:
depending on what she does while kinesising him
it'd be in a "I'm scared but also inexplicably hard" kind of way
Strategist:
No one asked for your patronizing you fuck
The Most Non-Takumi thing Takumi has ever said:
It can take a while to build a character, we appreciate that. Take your time.
Kirigakure no SatoShow
Muramasa, Maido: Bannin, Female
Companions: Muramasa, Hisayo
Lonely Thread:Yes~
Text Color: #FF0040
Kumogakure no SatoShow
Ishiguro, Cros: Jounin, Female
Companions: None Yet
Lonely Thread: N/A
Iwagakure no SatoShow
Yukari, Rei
Genin

Suna OOC
Suna OOC

Gimme weapons

Post by Lord-High-Lord of the Frogs » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Thought I did too, somewhere in the points store, but couldn't find it today. Might have been removed?

"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River

Great Spymaster of Suna
Einherjar
Great Crazy of Iwa

Director
Konoha OOC
Konoha OOC
Location: Please return to Georgia, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, some where in the fucking universe

Gimme weapons

Post by Director » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:04 pm

We definitely want a system where PB's can give points off of your weapon. I was originally thinking percentages for doing a PB of X-rank, but the idea of just multiplying what you earn makes more sense as it rewards quality of the PB over ranking/doing the PB.
Awai, FanhoShow
Awai Fanho [b][color=#682860]
Hiton, Advanced Hiton, Sensory, Jikukan, Storage & Force Fuuin, Augment Fuuin, Charge Fuuin, Advanced Channeling
Konoha Smash
Konohagakure No SatoJouninNin: 40 Tai: 35 Gen: 27 Stam: 50 Cont: 50 Streng: 35 Sped: 45 Inst: 35 Mamorinuku

Brentston

Gimme weapons

Post by Brentston » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:24 pm

+me
Sunakimi, Satori C-rank NukeninKumogakure no Sato

Suna OOC
Suna OOC

Gimme weapons

Post by Lord-High-Lord of the Frogs » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:17 am

DirectorPr:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:04 pm
We definitely want a system where PB's can give points off of your weapon. I was originally thinking percentages for doing a PB of X-rank, but the idea of just multiplying what you earn makes more sense as it rewards quality of the PB over ranking/doing the PB.
Percentage based on PB rank DOES make sense, imo. PB rank is meant to determine difficulty, and often times the more difficult ones do need a storyteller to add actual challenge to it. So maybe offer a higher reward in a more difficult PB with the caveat that it has to be storytold?

Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River

Great Spymaster of Suna
Einherjar
Great Crazy of Iwa

Director
Konoha OOC
Konoha OOC
Location: Please return to Georgia, United States, North America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, some where in the fucking universe

Gimme weapons

Post by Director » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:11 pm

I think its best to do it via points earned due to the fact that higher ranked PBs will typically earn more if the challenge is overcame, as well as higher ranked PBs have more threads, and will earn more overall which will boost the amount of points discounted. So it will still reward higher ranked pbs, and pbs with large thread counts while rewarding good roleplay.
Awai, FanhoShow
Awai Fanho [b][color=#682860]
Hiton, Advanced Hiton, Sensory, Jikukan, Storage & Force Fuuin, Augment Fuuin, Charge Fuuin, Advanced Channeling
Konoha Smash
Konohagakure No SatoJouninNin: 40 Tai: 35 Gen: 27 Stam: 50 Cont: 50 Streng: 35 Sped: 45 Inst: 35 Mamorinuku

Return to “Questions and Ideas”