Gimme weapons

Nick

Gimme weapons

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 am

Hey yo dudes and dudettes, cool and hip representative of the people Nick here.

We should get extra points towards special items if we sacrifice our point rewards from a PB into it. To be clear, I think everyone should still get their stats, but if you're specifically searching for the sword of gilgamesh, you should get some kind of discount towards it.

My suggestion is that point values be x1.5, rounded down, making the highest reward an extra 3 points at a 7. This is supported by the fact that you can train jutsu for far less word counts than a thread and the reward for it would be, so this is essentially 'training' a weapon.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Ace Trainer

Gimme weapons

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:39 am

Agreed
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

TyDie

Gimme weapons

Post by TyDie » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:15 am

ive done this before when I got my weapon for my Konoha. PR granted me a point reduction for doing a PB to earn the weapon, so its definitely doable,
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

7eleven

Gimme weapons

Post by 7eleven » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:27 pm

If we can do it already then we should make it clear in the rules
Sunakimi, Yozora D-rank RoninMinor Country#D2A846
Senju, YamabikoGeninKonohagakure no Sato#9370D8

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Gimme weapons

Post by Sia » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:35 pm

hmm. i feel like i recall reading it though?
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Nick

Gimme weapons

Post by Nick » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:39 pm

Thought I did too, somewhere in the points store, but couldn't find it today. Might have been removed?
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Gimme weapons

Post by Director » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:04 pm

We definitely want a system where PB's can give points off of your weapon. I was originally thinking percentages for doing a PB of X-rank, but the idea of just multiplying what you earn makes more sense as it rewards quality of the PB over ranking/doing the PB.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

7eleven

Gimme weapons

Post by 7eleven » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:24 pm

+me
Sunakimi, Yozora D-rank RoninMinor Country#D2A846
Senju, YamabikoGeninKonohagakure no Sato#9370D8

Nick

Gimme weapons

Post by Nick » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:17 am

DirectorPr:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:04 pm
We definitely want a system where PB's can give points off of your weapon. I was originally thinking percentages for doing a PB of X-rank, but the idea of just multiplying what you earn makes more sense as it rewards quality of the PB over ranking/doing the PB.
Percentage based on PB rank DOES make sense, imo. PB rank is meant to determine difficulty, and often times the more difficult ones do need a storyteller to add actual challenge to it. So maybe offer a higher reward in a more difficult PB with the caveat that it has to be storytold?
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

Gimme weapons

Post by Director » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:11 pm

I think its best to do it via points earned due to the fact that higher ranked PBs will typically earn more if the challenge is overcame, as well as higher ranked PBs have more threads, and will earn more overall which will boost the amount of points discounted. So it will still reward higher ranked pbs, and pbs with large thread counts while rewarding good roleplay.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Return to “Questions and Ideas”