Custom release help

Diatenshi

Custom release help

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:54 am

Phantom Style:
Due to Toshi's unique kekkei genkai he is able to create phantom chakra. Phantom's passive is imitation. Phantom in and of itself is a pure energy form that can be turned solid through certain jutsu. Alone it has no special effects and seems to be ordinary chakra. As a result of his chakras imitating nature, Toshi is unable to obtain any other types of chakra or elemental styles, as everytime someone tries to teach him an element his phantom nature resonates and imitates instead of allowing him to attune to the true element.
Passive(Imitation)Show
Phantom's imitation causes the chakra to act like another element without actually changing, giving it another element's passive and form without it's strength or weaknesses. This is not the creation of the actual element it copies, but phantom acting like copied element. In order for the users chakra to imitate another nature Toshi must first come in physical contact with another chakra nature, and until this occurs the chakra behaves and acts like ninpou. Phantom's imitation doesn't allow the user to steal or copy an opponents jutsu, merely replicate the passive and form of a targets jutsu ( i.e. when hit by a flame, the chakra moves and acts like a flame when the user is hit by water the chakra moves and acts like water.) When the chakra is imitating another nature it's color changes to indicate what nature it is imitating. As it is merely an imitation and not the actual element, it lacks the elemental strength and weaknesses of other nature's, acting like ninpou when hit with other jutsu styles. Phantom is unable to imitate more than one element at a time. Toshi is also unable to control the change in Imitation either. Phantom will not change to match a new nature until the time limit of the previous jutsu has expired. After the expiration point, Toshi must once again be hit with another style to imitate it. The amount of time Phantom imitates an element is dependent upon the rank of the jutsu Toshi is hit with.
  • D-Rank: 2 post
  • C-Rank: 3 post
  • B-Rank: 5 post
  • A-Rank: 7 post
  • S-Rank: 10 post
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

TyDie

Custom release help

Post by TyDie » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:20 am

Seems very similar to empathy genmas shtick, might wanna make sure its not impeding on anything.
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Diatenshi

Custom release help

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:06 am

Hmmm. What if I add a time limit on how long the chakra can remain in "physical" form before it fades away based on the rank of the jutsu. The biggest limitation of phantom is that it's not actually creating the element it's imitating, so say it's imitating doton, the false doton chakra isn't real earth so it's fade after blank post, similar to a barrier.

Also he can't learn any actual elemental jutsu, he can only use ninpou that takes on the passives of what it's imitating more or less
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Custom release help

Post by Sia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:33 am

With the exception of actual Doton, almost every jutsu only lasts for x posts anyway though. I'm not particularly seeing how that would be any different.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Diatenshi

Custom release help

Post by Diatenshi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:47 pm

Well doton would obviously last but suiton could leave behind puddles but no the whole point is that it's a ninpou that adopts a passive. Any elemental jutsu when it creates an element can be used as medium for future jutsu. You create a water clone it's destroyed but leaves a puddle. Puddle can be used for future jutsu. And while suiton and doton are the only basic elements that are physical, ice crystal wood glass salt mist metal chiton all create an physical element which last and can be used for future jutsu. This element wouldn't be able to do that once it fades the chakra disperses and is gone.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Sanjuro

Custom release help

Post by Sanjuro » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:36 pm

As near as I can tell this is essentially just Empathy. Removing the strengths and weaknesses of an element doesn't necessarily make it any weaker. Empathy requires them to mimic multiple elements at once by having enough Mastery in order to even be able to mimic fusion or extension type elements while this can copy anything the user touches and once they touch it they have that mimicry permanently where, again, the Genma version requires an entire stat dedicated to keeping more than one element at once. Maybe it would be achieveable by putting a time limit on how long the mimicked element remains retained but again it's still very much in the area of the Empathy Genma.

The time limit, like Sia said, is a non-issue for anything outside of Koton or Doton because everything else made of chakra, even water, naturally fades after a time.

The closest example to what you're trying to achieve would actually be Sia's Elementalist, which allows her to chop and change elemental passives or apply elemental passives to base ninpo as she pleases, but requires her to actually have the elemental concentrations.
Name Village Rank Color Code
Hirohito, Hideki Kirigakure Bannin #0047AB
Higurashi, Kazuo Iwagakure Special Jounin #FFC40C
Akechi, Gendo Cold Country C-Rank pink
Courtesy of SiaShow

Diatenshi

Custom release help

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:21 am

This release would only mimic one nature at a time. It's not like he can cycle through different elements if he gets hit with more than one element. No phantom would only mimic the last nature he got hit with. If he got hit with a different style it would change. Also it's not a controlled change either if hes mimicing katon and gets hit with a suiton and wants to keep katon he's sol Phantom would switch to suiton. If he wanted katon mimicry again he'd have to be hit by a katon style jutsu again. The biggest draw back to this is he has to actually get hit by an opponents jutsu to mimic their chakra nature as well, and the phantom style doesn't act as a buffer or defense making him take the full brunt of the attack with out a shield.if he was to create a barrier and prevent the opponents attack from hitting him he wouldn't be able to mimic the opponents nature. However, I'm not against adding a time limit to how long the nature is kept as a mimic. The other draw back is being unable to actually have an element. He won't be able to use any archived/original elemental jutsu. He won't have any jutsu for smaller things that nin might take for granted. No way to use jutsu to start a campfire. No way to use jutsu to make a shelter.hes literally only able to learn ninpou
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Custom release help

Post by Sia » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:32 am

It would likely be beneficial to you to provide some example jutsu that correspond to this ability so that myself and others can analyze it in order to help you further, although it does sound like basically an Empathy Genma thing.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Diatenshi

Custom release help

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:36 am

[Ninjutsu • Phantom Burst]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After channeling chakra into one of their fists, the user will then attempt to strike their target and if successful, they will release additional concussive force in the form of an outward explosion at D-Rank force from their fist. If the user does not strike a target within 3 posts the jutsu dissipates. Passive will be applied on contact if appropriate. (i.e. dotons enduring passive would not apply as it doesn't fit the jutsu however Katons ignite or raitons shock would apply.)
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Diatenshi

Custom release help

Post by Diatenshi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:52 am

[Ninjutsu • Phantom Barrier]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After using the appropriate hand seals the user creates a small 2'x2'x3" barrier 5" in front of one of their hands. The barrier can block physical objects up to a strength of 5 and applies the appropriate passive if phantom's passive is in effect. (i.e. if the phantom copies katon the barrier ignites on contact. If mimicing doton the barrier will break in pieces vs just unraveling upon being damaged.)
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin