Working On First Character

MrMobil

Post by MrMobil » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:48 pm

Hey, so, Ive been on this site for a little while and got working on an app for one of my characters, but never finished because I got distracted byt other things in life. Anyhow, I just got back to this site and was looking to finish my app up, and I was hoping I could get a little help on my app, seeing as there is a lot of information to go through to make it.

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8339603

This is my current app for any who are willing. The biggest thing that is throwing me off is the different between the "concentrations" and the "jutsu's," as they seem and aweful lot like the same thing to me. Though any advice and help on this would be appreciated, this is really the biggest thing Im curious about.
Working on a better signature. It'll show up sooner or later.

Takumi

Post by Takumi » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:16 pm

Regarding concentrations vs jutsu:

Concentrations are basically the categories of different jutsu, at least for ninjutsu. So, Katon (Fire Techniques) is a concentration, and then each individual technique (Fireball, Fire Dragon, etc) are the jutsu. You need the concentration in order to perform the jutsu.

For taijutsu, concentrations kind of represent general knowledge, and are necessary prerequisites for most taijutsu. So if you wanted a taijutsu that allowed you to sneak past people without being heard, you'd need the Stealth Concentration, which can then open up any amount of stealth related techniques. Anyone with sufficient Taijutsu stats can swing a sword, but generally the person with the sword concentration will be better, and a person with sword related jutsu will be able to perform different feats even better.

Concentrations for genjutsu fall into two categories. In order to trigger a genjutsu, you need a concentration that effects one of the senses. Then, for advanced forms of genjutsu, they also have their own concentrations.

Basically, concentrations unlock the ability to do cool things, but you still need the jutsu to actually do them.

Return to “Questions and Ideas”