Koutaishi's Lonelies

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:35 pm

CharactersShow
Aburame, AkkiVillage: Konohagakure no SatoRank: GeninThread: Insects Guide Me Genkouyoushi, KoutaishiVillage: Iwagakure no SatoRank: C-RankThread: Paper Guide the Way Ouji, TatsumiVillage: Sunagakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: Artist's Move Yuusha, JuzoVillage: Kirigakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: The Stranger Things

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:40 am

1. Entering MarshShow
Waterfall was nice, but it was too close to home. Home no longer existed and danger was looming around each and every corner. Hell was now on earth and the pleasantries of being a prince no longer existed where he was now. Koutaishi was somewhere new. He was no longer who he was, and he knew that he was going to change into something better. He just needed TIME.

The dry humid air mixed with a light cool breeze, left the teen warm as he stood over a cliff, gazing at the landscape of Marsh Country. It was not something that he was normally used to seeing, but it was now his new HOME. Marsh was where he was going to stay, at least for the time being. It would protect him from the dangers of his past and unlock the doors that would lead into his future.

Keep moving forward deep into the swamplands.

Koutaishi’s eyes would shift around the area before he took a bend at the knees and a leap into the dense swamp. He needed to find civilization and escape the loneliness that was starting to overcome his body and mind. He needed to find another person that could help guide him to a purer and safer life. He needed a FRIEND.

Friend’s weren’t something that came and went. Koutaishi knew that he needed someone to keep him company and decided that it was now a GOAL worth chasing. Without friendship, he probably wouldn’t be able to accomplish his DREAM, to learn about every fuuin ever created within the world.

The swamps are murky and it doesn’t seem like there is really anyone around in this area. the teen would think to himself as he raced through the landscape, footstep followed by footstep in an attempt to find a source of life. To find a source of companionship. Just need to keep moving forward.

With the warm breeze blowing across his face, motivation was struck into the heart of the teen as he let out a smile before seeing a few animals walking running across. Nature was a blessing and the beauty that it held was more than amusing for Koutaishi as he stopped to take in a deep breath of air. A type of air that wasn’t really pleasant to be around. It was the only air around it would have to do as he let out a series of coughs.

”Damn.”

His words would echo into his own head as he would look up to see the rays of sunlight shifting farther down as the time passed on. It was the sign that the day was going to be ending soon and that he would have to hurry if he were going to find a safe haven or a shelter. If he could not, the ninja would spend another night in loneliness and solitude. He would sleep in the dangerous swamps with no one to protect him and no one to ensure his safety. He would be the prey in a land full of predators.

I need to escape this maze. I need to find a way to freedom, a way to safety. was all that he could think about for the time being as his head would turn around every so often, scanning to make sure that he was not being watched or followed. As a target for murder, fear would strike into his mind every so often, causing him to constantly look around him and make sure that he is always safe. After all, without any SAFETY, Koutaishi would be better off dead.

Time continued to tick and before long, night fell across the land. There was nothing that could be done through the dark and there was no way the ex-stone ninja would be able to guide himself through it without a constant source of light.

He was in trouble and he knew that he would have to find a way out soon, unless he wished to sleep out in the open.

”I need to find shelter. If I sleep out in the open like this, I’ll surely be hunted and killed by the clan. Even though I’m far from THAT country, there is a good chance that they are still looking for me. The Devil’s Prince will not sleep until my protection is ensured.”

It was his own motivation that kept him going and pushing forward as he moved forward. The teen was determined to find safety within the swamp or if anything, just company. He was eager to get rid of his loneliness and that was exactly what he planned on doing. Finding someone that could stand by his side and help him when he was going to need it the most. Someone that he was going to need to trust to guard him. A true FRIEND.
CharactersShow
Aburame, AkkiVillage: Konohagakure no SatoRank: GeninThread: Insects Guide Me Genkouyoushi, KoutaishiVillage: Iwagakure no SatoRank: C-RankThread: Paper Guide the Way Ouji, TatsumiVillage: Sunagakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: Artist's Move Yuusha, JuzoVillage: Kirigakure no SatoRank: D-RankThread: The Stranger Things

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:51 pm

SpoilerShow

*[b][Storage: Minor Weapon Defense][/b]
D-Ranked Fuuinjutsu
Prerequisite: 5 Control
By having an empty, prewritten seal, the user is able to use the seal as a defensive measure. Holding a single, one-handed hand seal, the user attempts to block the incoming small sized weapon with the scroll. Right before contact is actually made, the weapon will be sealed into the seal. This prevents exploding tags from exploding right before they would explode, while also storing the projectile for later use.

Sitting alone within the inn and nothing else to really do, the feeling of bettering himself stirred within his head. Koutaishi did not know where Ayuma had gone but he knew that if he were to be of any help to his savior he was going to have to better himself in combat. Not only to better himself in combat, but to also expand his vast knowledge of sealing jutsu. He could kill two birds with one stone this way as the teenager grabbed one of his brushes, an ink vile, and his book of seals as he laid them all out across his bed.

To master the art of sealing will one day, make me unstoppable so that I will be able to take down the ones who killed my family. Its all about practice.

After much thought he realized the first thing he needed to do before even using the secrets behind a seal was to write it out. Of course the intricate patterns and the mass amounts of words to write were usually the annoying part, skipping any of it was definitely going to be a no for Koutaishi. In order to fully gain a lesson from this training he would have to do each part correctly as he let out a simple smile before starting to bring the brush toward the Book of Seals as he paused for a brief moment, holding up a single sign and releasing his chakra. In a few seconds, more Hakushiijin would flood out onto his bed as he let out a smile, moving the Book of Seals to the side so that he would not ruin its perfection.

It’s best to have practice sheets with the seal first so that I don’t entirely mess up the book. he would smile, thinking to himself.

Koutaishi felt ready to work on his new seal as he pressed the brush into the ink and the ink onto the Hakushiijin as he started to draw out the seal that would become a new weapon into his arsenal. After all, being able to take in weapons as well as other small items an opponent has can be very beneficial to him and his savior in combat. Though it brought the question if Ayuma already knew such a technique.

”With each stroke of the brush, the seal will come to be.” his voice mumbled as he looked up for a second to see the four in a comatose state still. ”Just need to keep it perfect or else I’ll end up having to write it all over again.” he would add as the ink would be nearly done on the paper.

”Only half a page left to write out than I can try the actual effect of the fuuin.”

Confidence was sinking into the mind of the teen as he continuously wrote out the seal, trying to perfect it. He did not want to mess up even a bit because the slightest error would lead into him having a failed jutsu. Or if it did not do that, it would leave him trying to guess over and over what was actually wrong with the technique. Thank goodness for steady hands.

After a few more moments, the ink would spread out completely to both sides of the paper as he let out a smile, admiring his work of art. The seal was finally drawn as he turned his body to reach into his weapons pouch, not noticing the horror that occurred with the sleeve of his shirt.

The ink was not completely dry yet as a small smudge mark would occur on the upper right hand part of the paper, oblivious to Koutaishi’s eye as he grabbed a kunai from his pouch, aiming it down at the paper as he held up a single hand seal, hoping that the seal written would take in the kunai. It was what he was striving so hard to perfect, and in the end the slight smudge would be a failure.

The failure would come from the simple kunai tearing straight through the paper, as the Koutaishi would look a bit frustrated. He would examine it to see the small smudge mark as he grabbed the ink and the brush once more, knowing that he would need to be more careful when moving as his hands would shift up and down to the strokes.

Just need to make sure it’s perfect and the jutsu will finally be done. he would think calmly as he finished the writings. It was easier to perform the second time since he already had the motions as he held up a single hand seal before throwing a kunai at the seal, watching it disappear as he let out a smile from happiness.

”Done.”

With those words he grabbed his Book of Seals and wrote the seal within it as well, adding it to his collection.

Words: 819/700
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:37 pm

3. Genjutsu +1Show

Koutaishi was learning a lot the past few days. There was this organization that he was skeptical about with the introduction of new abilities and new ideas as well as a few things that he was going to need to learn, the art of Genjutsu being one of the more important ones. In order for the Genkoyoushi teen to become anything of importance, he was going to need to become a great ninja first as he looked over at his new mentor, Ayuma.

The ex Kumogakure no Sato ninja was more fluent in the art of Gen and was going to test a few moves on him which would better help Koutaishi learn from the art as he waited. I just need to use my brain to discern an illusion from reality and free myself from the mental binding that it should try to take over me. he started to think as he looked around the area. It was best to always check to make sure that he already wasn’t in an illusion as his eyes would shift over to the moving hands of Ayuma which slammed together to activate a ninjutsu as Koutaishi watched a torrent of wind travel towards his body.

Got to move and quick.

With those words spoken, the teen would dive to the right as he heard his sensei whisper words that sprung into his eardrums. The sounds were ringing constantly, over and over again as he realized that the ninpou that was being used was attacking his mind instead of his body like he thought it originally were going to. If anything, things were growing worse for the Genkouyoushi teen as he witnessed hand seals through Ayuma once more, though this time, his ears started to bleed and his hands would press against them, the pain more than he could handle as he let out a slight scream of pain and terror.

”What is happening?” his voice would tremble as his mind would yet to let him see that he was in a genjutsu.

Ayuma was just to good in the arts and this is why Koutaishi was training in the first place as he continued to feel the blood running through his ears as it tormented him a bit, driving him crazy as he started to think about what it was he was actually doing. The whole purpose of this exercise was to teach the teenager the art of genjutsu and what it actually does on the mind, which is illusions. With that in mind, Koutaishi started to calm himself a bit, not fully understanding or being able to take the pain away.

I just need to focus and realize that this is only an illusion played by Ayuma to make me forget that I’m in reality. It isn’t real and I should be able to stop it if I channel chakra in my body to establish its falseness.

The thoughts were clouding the mind of Koutaishi as he looked up at Ayuma once more to see something else going on as a shadowy figure was appearing from the ground walking towards him. ”What is that?” he would shout as he tried running from it, the shadowy figure slowly creeping towards him as the fear was becoming stricken within his head. It was too much to handle at the moment and way to much to grasp as the ex Iwa ninja started to panic a bit before realizing once more what the exercise they were performing was.

This has to be an illusion because there is no way that sensei can really do any of that? he started to think once more as he held up the ‘kai’ sign, focusing chakra into his body before etching the illusion away from his body. It was a strange feeling as reality was coming back into check and his state of mind was going back into what normal actually was.

This whole genjutsu was an art that he wasn't enjoying very much and trying to counter it time after time was becoming more of a hassle than they boy would imagine. It was a powerful art as he began to think of ways in which he could use his own paper in the art of genjutsu, but ultimately just sighed as he realized it was not going to fit his combat like style. Ayuma sensei is really giving me a big training thought here and all of this torture my mind was going through really is a bad way to fight. he began to think to himself as he was ready to take one more hit.

Last One!

After that he rushed in as seals were formed and a new trick was played on his mind as he began to see rotting corpses appear from the ground. They were not moving nor were they doing anything really special besides standing there and making strange noises. It Is all just a trick! he would keep telling himself as he gathered all of his chakra and began to use the kai to finally release himself from the pain that came through this technique. I can beat it! he would continue to think as his body grew exhausted and his mind even more the same. Everything began to revert to normal once again.

From the experiences that he was gaining with his mentor, Genjutsu was becoming more of a sadistic art to him. Being able to warp what people say and what they feel was something that Koutaishi wasn’t enjoying in any way or form as he let out a long sigh before looking over at Ayuma once more. I hope that he is finally done torching my mind with those images because I’m not sure how much more I can really take in this state.

”That was some creepy shit sensei.” the teenager spoke as he started to pant heavily from the exhaustion that was overcoming his body. There would be a long moment before he ever started to practice the illusion arts again. He needed a break from it all, and more importantly, needed to practice some of his other arts, like his ninjutsu. By gaining a better knowledge of that he would definitely become a target that no one will ever mess with.

Koutaishi out.

Words: 1054/1000
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Taijtusu +1Show

Well meeting The Pack was a strange turn of events for the paper ninja as not only that but he had done several different missions for several people, even meeting two good friends of himself now, Hana and Amaria.

The weather was a nice cool day as the paper teen grabbed a kendo stick and stood on the opposite side of Hana who was holding her own. The art to learning how to be a good ninja was balance, and even though the little girl wasn’t really even a ninja, she had more of it than Koutaishi himself.

Well I’ve never really had the chance to fight Hana but I think that this will be a good experience for the both of us. he would begin thinking to himself as she took off in a full on sprint, covering the ten meters between them in no time.

”Quick to start?” Koutaishi yelled out as he jumped backwards, holding his kendo stick outward as Hana hit it away and smacked hers straight across the left hip of Koutaishi.

”No time to be messing around remember?” she said in a cute smile as she flipped backwards before charging back at Koutaishi, slashing downward from top left to bottom right.

Without a moment to even think Koutaishi was trying to jump backwards and dodge, still taking a bit of the stick to his chest as he felt a little burn occur. His reflexes weren’t all there yet and this little girl was surely kicking his butt as he landed on his feet, running forward with his own kendo stick positioned behind himself.

”I’ll get you back for that!” his voice would yell as he was staring to feel fired up.

”Well lets see you try!” Hana would taunt as she blocked the sideways swing with her own stick, countering with a sweep of Koutaishi’s legs who didn’t see it coming and fell to the ground. ”You really need to gain better control of your reflexes or you will never be a professional like me!” she continued to taunt as Amaria sat on the sidelines watching with a smile. It was the constant taunting that was really getting the paper ninja fired up anyways as he stood back on his feet and quickly charged forth once more.

His new tactic of wanting to land a hit on Hana was a lot more reckless though some benefits were coming into play with each miss he was making. His feet were starting to become more firm on the ground and Hana was somewhat taking this into consideration as the little girl kept dodging left and right along with dealing her own few blows to the body of Koutaishi. One hit after another the kendo stick would make its way to some new mark on Koutaishi as his light skinned body began to bruise in this spot and that.

”Man Hana, training with you is a real burden.” he would speak as he body began to pant and arms began to grow weary from holding the sword. How people end up holding swords all of the time in battle is beyond me. he would start to think to himself as he would step back, finally dodging a strike from the forceful arms of the little girl.

”Oh hey look you finally were able to move out of this way of this one!” she giggled a bit as a feeling of anger grew in her rash little head.

She wasn’t always the brightest and for a ten year old her temper was somewhat quickly heated as she charged forth and started to attack her ‘master’ with more force now, each blow doing a little more damage than the one before as Koutaishi’s balance skills could not keep up on par.

Blow after blow lead to pain after another sense of pain as the ninja continued to take a beating, trying his best to block the attacks that were headed his way. I really shouldn’t have dodged that one attack. She has definitely gotten more mad than anything. he would continue to think to himself as the most recent blow would lift him up into the air and send him to the ground.

Slowly getting back up onto his feet, koutaishi held the kendo stick up before himself before taking in a deep breath. Just need to focus on balancing and I’ll soon be able to take her down. No more rash movements. he would start to think to himself again as he watched Hana rush forward once more.

Her wooden sword would swing, only to be caught by that of Koutaishi’s as he swung his own back at her, actually causing her to duck and dodge it. Following the first strike, though still in pain and very tired, he followed up with another that came downward, causing the girl to have to roll out of the way as she swung her on sword at the ankles of the paper ninja.

The blow was unexpected and Koutaishi felt the pain surge through his body once more from the strike as he jumped backwards. ”Let me hit you already.” he would mutter to himself as Hana only smiled and continued onward with the beating of a lifetime.

Swing after swing, and hit after hit only lead to frustration in Koutaishi and enjoyment in Hana. It was becoming a real beat down as the teen knew that he would need to pick up on her movements and quick.

She has a pattern of attacks that are somewhat reckless and are becoming more and more noticeable. he would start to think to himself as he was becoming more and more aware of her actions.

”I think I finally figured out your weakness!” he would shout to her.

”Prove it!” she replied as she let out a smirk and followed forward with another set of attacks.

The first swing was across the chest as Koutaishi was able to move to the side and let it miss him for the second time since their sparring had begun. She was surprised that his taunting had actually taken its toll on her as she swung once more, only to be greeted with the wooden sword of Koutaishi who swung it underneath her sword, hitting her in the leg.

The pain was frustrating for the girl to feel as she charged once more, only to be met by the newfound reflexes and balance that had come from the beating of a lifetime gained from her own two hands.

Attack after attack had now become block and dodge followed by more blocking and dodging which was getting to the girl because they both knew that he had successfully done what he was supposed to, and that was to get better at something that he lacked.

After blocking everything Koutaishi landed one good blow on the backside of Hana who fell to the ground in exhaustion. I know the hit didn’t hurt you but you must be tired. he would think to himself as he dropped his stick and walked to her.

”That is all for today Hana” he would smile before carrying her over Amaria on the sidelines. After all, it was a long training session indeed.

Word Count: 1208/1200
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:15 pm

5. Strength +1Show

After yet another mission being completed for the team, it was time for the Genkouyoushi teen to train some more. He needed to be stronger so that when the time came he would be able to protect himself from the village or anyone who tried to come in the way of him and the girls. It was his goal from now on, to be the protector of everyone that he held dear within his family and there wasn’t a better person out there to help him get stronger than Hana once more. She had already helped train him in Taijutsu and he was going to use her once more to help combat his strength as he took off his equipment and held a stance against her own.

”Already Koutaishi! We are going to do some physical work out to get muscle growing before we even think of sparring!”

”Sure thing Hana!”

The two would mildly laugh at each other as she placed her two fingers within her mouth and let out a loud whistle next to his ears. ”Alright first thing! Lets get some push ups in here!” she would cheer with excitement as the teen would drop to his hands and feet in a push up stance. ”We need to see some muscle in those arms now!” she continued to giggle as she Koutaishi would bend his arms at the elbow and track down, his nose touching the dirt once as his body came up.

”That is one!” she would shout as the teen would bend his arms once more, headed toward the ground again before coming back up and hearing the small girl scream, ”Two!”

Amaria would just watch with content as her two companions trained together. She herself did not really care as much to gain strength and it wasn’t really in her best interest as she just let out a smile. ”Three and four and five!” Hana would continue to scream as the sweat was starting to drip from the head of Koutaishi.

The girl had his push ups go slow so that they would be more and more effective that with each and every push down and up, he would feel the burn harder. ”ten and eleven! “ she continued to scream as she walked over toward the teen and sat on his back, adding extra weight so that he would feel the burn even more than he was. ”The only way that you will become stronger is if you push yourself harder Koutaishi!” she continued to scream as the number count for the number of push ups that he performed started to go up to thirty and then to forty before his body couldn’t take anymore.

”Fifty.” he would pant before collapsing on the ground and trying to catch a bit of air. ”Man all of this pushing is surely going to tire me out quick Hana!” he would look at the cute little girl who only frowned before whistling loudly once more.

”Up! We have to do some tree climbing!” she would shout as she started to jump from branch to branch. ”And when I say tree climbing no being a cheater and using ninja stuff!” she would yell back as Koutaishi groaned, slapping his hand against his forehead.

”Climing up a tree was something so academy days.” he would mumble to himself before reaching the base of a large thirty foot tree. Upon reaching it, Amaria would walk near him as she giggled, ”You should use your armor to give you added weight so that you actually grow more in strength!” she would mutter as Hana agreed completely forcing Koutaishi to grab his armor as he had done so.

He placed the breastplate as well as the pant legs on his body as the weight was already bringing him down. He was not prepared to be holding onto the armor because it wasn’t his and he wasn’t strong enough, but slowly he stood to his feet and wobbled a bit as he tried to gain control over the weight. Man this shit is really heavy. he would think to himself before reaching the base of the tree once more.

”Alrighty lets go!” Hana would scream again as Koutaishi started to climb, only reaching about a foot higher than what he was before losing grip and falling down to the ground.

”Ouch. This thing is heavy.” he would mutter before standing up and rubbing his behind. ”I can’t give up though.” he would speak to himself again as he stood up next to the tree and hugged it closely before trying to move up again. This time he was determined, ready to complete the task of wearing the armor with pride and being able to use it whenever it was deemed necessary. He was ready to take forth what once belonged to his father and show it off with pride as his foot step moved up another inch.

”Keep pushing!” she would scream as she giggled and threw a small rock at him which in turn caused him to become unbalanced and fall face first onto the ground.

”Hana!” he would shout angrily, knowing that the girl was always teasing and doing childish things. She couldn’t help it, after all she was only a child, but nevertheless she had made things harder. ”I’ll get you!” he would add as she just giggled some more.

It was the confidence he needed to push forward as he walked up to the tree again, using the strength in his arms to carry his body up, foot by foot. Determination and pride were on the line for Koutaishi as the armor began to weigh him down more and more, sweat beading from his eyebrows and down to his chin as he shook his head to get his mindset off of the pain that was coming from his perseverance. Just a little bit more! he would scream in his head as his legs pushed up and his arms pulled farther, his body reaching the first ten feet of the tree as he knew there was a little bit of a ways to go.

”Your doing it!” she would shout to him as his arms covered more ground, his strength showing at the feet of him being able to climb the tree with so much weight he wasn’t used to on his back. It soon become twenty feet and following that was the whole thirty as he felt joy in his mind knowing that he was able to accomplish something greatly. He was able to reward his body with the skill to finally be able to carry the armor that he had never been able to carry before.

”Thanks Hana.” he would say before jumping off the tree too each of the branches and back down to the floor.

1120/1000
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:21 pm

6. Speed +1Show

Training day just never ceased to end as the strength within the Genkouyoushi teen’s body was growing. He was catching up to Hana in every other aspect, but one thing he enjoyed more was that he was always faster. Amaria was never a great sparring partner, but that did not really stop him from anything as he got up onto his feet taking in a deep breath of cold air.

”Well girls its time that we continue with our training endeavors and become even stronger!” he would speak to the two of them who were lazily sitting against a large tree. ”What neither of you are going to get your butts up and train with me?” he would ask once more as they both looked at each other before closing their eyes and curling up next to each other. Well I guess it can’t be helped if they are all worn out and tired of doing anything with me today. This means I’ll be flying solo with the idea of becoming faster than what I already am.

With those thoughts circling his mind the teen began a nice warm up jog around the area as one foot followed the other, step by step he made his way forward for a mile. If anything training, my legs is going to be a major factor to make it so that I’ll become faster and one step closer to being overall stronger.

Lost in thought Koutaishi started to pick up the pace as he started to run faster and faster forward. I need to be faster than this if I want to make it anywhere far in life. he would convince himself as he heard the sounds of growling coming on from behind him.

Turning his head behind himself, the teen would not see anything, just the sounds of ruffled plants moving in the wind. The swamps of marsh were surely a creepy place to be within as he continued to run forward, trying to pass tree after tree with a faster speed than the one before as he tried to count it out. ”One, two, three, four, five, six!” he mumbled to himself as he would pick up the pace and the seconds between each tree. How about we take this up a little higher and make this more interesting and fun since the girls aren’t here. he would start to think to himself once more as he took a large leap and jumped up into the air as he started to jump from branch to branch. My speed should be able to carry each of my jumps into a farther distance. he would think to himself as he bent his knees before leaping off of a branch and moving towards another one about a good twenty meters forward before missing slightly and hitting his stomach against it and falling twenty feet to the ground.

”Shit that hurt.” he would groan before hearing a growling sound once more and turning his head around to look for the source. ”This place is messing with me.” he grumbled once more before rubbing the soreness in his legs.

The fall he took wasn’t that bad for a ninja to take but was more unexpected as he looked around before stretching out his leg. It was a real pain for him to not be able to reach a length like that but it only meant that he was going to have to train harder to become even faster. And with a motivation like that, Koutaishi shot up and began on a full on sprint forward as he started to run up onto a tree and outward toward the next.

I can’t mess up this time, I got to make sure that I hit every mark with great speed. he started to think as the muscles in his calves began to contract and expand. The pain was starting to grow more, but the teen took it more as a sign of accomplishment as tree to tree he began to leap, the large gap that he was just before not able to clear coming up once more.

”This looks about the same size,” he would mumble to himself before reaching a branch and pushing off of it as hard as he could, sending his body up and outward toward the next branch. He could feel the wind hitting his face and the muggy cool air from the swamp coming at him as well as his body fell lower and lower. Can’t fail now. he would think as he pushed his body forward finally clearing the landing and jumping down off the branches onto the ground to turn and see a rather large wolf standing behind him.

It growled as the gray fur on its back started to stand up. It even started to run forward as Koutaishi turned his body and ran as well. ”Hana or Amarai help!” he would scream, as his tired body would move one leg after the next. It was time for him to let his training become fruitful and see if he had really grown in speed as the wolf chased behind, its legs moving almost faster than the teens.

Its gaining! he took a quick glance behind himself to see the saliva spewing from the mouth of the creature, the face of death chasing him as he dodged tree after tree, his legs running forward faster and faster, though not feeling as fast as the beast that ran faster and faster after him.

With each step, he could hear three of the wolf’s. To make matters worse the creature was snarling and howling at him, as if trying to call more to come his way. ”Hana !” he would scream once more as he started to use the force from the trees to make himself go faster, jumping from one to the next, the wolf nearly following perfectly.

Just got to be faster! he would continue to think to himself as he closed his eyes for a brief moment, ignoring the searing pain of soreness and pushing through it. He would not look back, he would not try to let himself die here when he had so much more to accomplish as the sounds of the wolf started to grow somewhat more distant and a little more faint. It will not catch me because I have trained to hard to lose now! he would continue to think as each foot step carried him further. It was as if he could really feel the pressure and the power coming with each step as his body excelled forward.

”Bye wolf!” he would shout as he jumped up onto a branch and kept moving forward, leaping from tree to tree until the sound of the wolf would finally be out of range and even better the sight of it would be gone too.

With that he took in a deep breath before looking at the tree he was on. It was the one above the girls as they were both still sleeping. Better get moving before that thing hunts us down.

1186/1000
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:40 pm

7. Stamina +1Show
~
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:03 am

8. Hana Instinct +1Show

The traveling for the group was starting to pick up at a faster pace, and Koutaishi knew that with the new group that he would be apart of he would have to make his team that much stronger as he looked at Hana who was having a hard time reading some scrolls that were given to her. It was time to take a break and train both of the girls to become better ninja so that they would be able to take care of himself as he pulled out a scroll with some ink before sitting on a nearby rock.

"Hana, I think it is about that time we start to focus on your training and helping you become a better warrior. I want both Amaria and yourself to be able to defend yourselves if there is ever a point in time where I would not be able to help you, and one important thing for yourself is learning how to think on your own when you are in combat." he would speak to her before snapping his fingers together as her mind would lose focus. "Do you understand that?"

"Yes sir!" she would shout as she looked down at the words that were being written on the scroll Koutaishi was using. It was a bunch of symbols and numbers that she did not have a full knowledge of as Koutaishi began to break them down one by one, explaining the meaning of each.

"So what I want you to do is to take this pen and mirror exactly what I wrote, for yourself on your own scroll. This is writing and one day we may have to send each other letters through it so I want you to learn how" he would talk to her as he watched her try to mirror the words he wrote down.

Her hand would move forward, up and down and across the paper as it was really sloppy and hard to read. Koutaishi would become a bit frustrated with her as he pulled the scroll from underneath her and tore it up before whipping out a new one for her to write on.

"Try no to move so quickly when writing. Focus on the curves within the kanji and your own neatness please." he would tell her as he moved her hand toward the upper right corner for her to write on.

The movements of the pen were very unnatural for her and it was starting to bug her as she had wished that it could just be her sword instead to slice things up with. Slashing is so much more easier and less time consuming than this whole writing thing, but Koutaishi wants me to learn so that I can be of more use in the future for the team. she would start to think to herself as the movements from her writing were starting to become smoother in a sense. It was almost eligible and she was mimicking everything that Koutaishi had written down upon his own scroll.

"Good Hana, just like that. Master the movements of your writing!"m he would speak to her as if trying to give her a bit of encouragement as her pen continued to slide across the paper, looking to be of almost perfection.

She is definitely a quick learner that girl. he would think to himself as a smile would escape his lips from the progress that she had given him.

"I did it Koutaishi. I copied all of the dumb words that you wrote out and made them my own! That actually was not that hard to be honest." she would speak as Koutaishi clapped his hands together in approval.

"Now I just got to teach you how to read the words and spell them!" he would laugh as she gave him the stare of death. "Not right now of course, let your mind settle on the fact that you learned to write instead!" he would add before laughing alongside her. At this point he was proud that she was improving on herself more and more as the days had gone by. They had been together for quite some time now and watching her progress made him feel like they were starting to form a family.

Well if he does want me to learn more like reading than I guess I shouldn't hesitate to give it a shot as well. she would think to herself before grabbing the pieces of paper she was writing on earlier. "T-teach me how to read Koutaishi!" she would shout as she held out the paper, using her fingers to run them across the letters she had written down previously.

Koutaishi, in shock from her previous death stare just let out a smile before nodding his head in the approval of teaching her. "Of course I can help you learn to read." he spoke to her calmly as he turned his head to make sure that Amaria was still alright, which she was. "Okay, the first thing we have to learn are the vowels in our language and these consists of these letters you were writing on this page." he would reach over and grab a piece of paper with Hana's scribbled notes.

Letter after letter he would pronounce, having her do the same with each. At first she was struggling to get the sounds of certain words right, but through practice she managed to get to the point that Koutaishi wanted her to be in. In the couple minutes they had been working on this together she was starting to learn all sorts of phrases and even silent letters. It was as if she was actually trying to become something of herself and it made Koutaishi fairly happy. "I'm doing it, I'm actually reading these words!" she would shout in excitement as she took the scroll away from Koutaishi and walked a bit off by herself, continuing to practice the letters she had previously written down. It was a triumphant day for the team as Koutaishi never imagined she'd pick up on the art of reading and writing so fairly easy. "Good job Hana." he would mutter to himself before leaning back against a tree and resting.

Words: 1040/1000
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:33 am

9. Hana Stamina +2Show

Koutaishi was starting to push his girls to the limit. From one training to the next, there was no reason for either of them to take a break when it meant that they would be getting stronger and stronger. This time he wanted to focus on the endurance of Hana as he looked at her. She was battle ready in her costume, holding a long wooden branch similar to the one that Koutaishi himself had in his hands.

"We are going to test your stamina. Okay Hana?" he would speak to her before twirling the long brown branch within his hand. He already knew that he could out stamina her in the long run, so getting her to fight as long as she could without stopping would be the goal here as he moved forward towards her, swinging the branch downward at her.

"Wait I never said that I was read-.." she would start to shout as she quickly moved over toward the right before tuck and rolling out and trying to swing her own branch back at Koutaishi. Geez. No type of warning for the start of this training exercise. she would think to herself as Koutaishi just quickly jumped over her swung branch before pursuing her once more.

Keeping her on her toes would be the easiest way to get her tired faster. he would think to himself as he rushed in at her before swinging the branch straight across her body, only to have her duck, following a sweep from underneath her legs as she quickly had to jump back to avoid the second attack of the wooden branch.

"At least your reflexes aren't that dull Hana!" Koutaishi would laugh before moving in once more, the branch moving toward her feet, before swinging back up against her body and striking her as she moved several feet across the ground.

"Get up." he would mutter

Quickly she would move up to her feet as she rubbed the pain in her side, hoping that it would go away. "I really need to not be hit by that stupid branch. That thing really hurts. she would think to herself as she ran forward herself, swinging her own branch at Koutaishi who would catch and throw her out into a different direction, following up with his own counter attack as she quickly jumped to the side to avoid it, still staying on her toes as he kept his onslaught of attacks on her, never giving her a chance to rest herself.

She is doing a good job so far but we are not even half way done with the attacks yet. he would think to himself as he moved in closer before hitting her once more on her right side then following his attack with a sweep of her legs.

She would fall to the ground, watching as he was preparing to bring the branch down against her head, rolling out of the way to protect herself before moving again as he tried the same strike twice. Her body was already beginning to tire but she knew that she could not stop moving or that evil wood would leave another mark on her body.

"Almost tired out yet Hana!" he would yell at her as he continue move forward trying to hit her, watching as she would dodge, attack after attack. It was a nice sight to witness as she would move her body around the training field they set up for themselves, blocking his attacks or dodging the rest. It was most definitely a good work out for her as she ducked between one of his strikes, finally giving a coutner attack as her strike would hit him across the back of his head.

"Ouch that does hurt!" he would shout as she let out a small flurry of attacks on him, before collapsing herself from the sheer amount of energy she put into it.

"Break time! I'm tired!" she would shout back at Koutaishi as she laid on the ground panting, her chest moving up and down at a quickened pace. Koutaishi, stood there rubbing the back of his head as he took the blunt force of the wooden stick. That was pretty good hit for her to get me like that, but we cannot stop now. I have to push them farther past the limits they think they have already. he would think to himself as he turned his body to her, watching as she continued to try and catch her breath.

Hey Hana." he would speak softly to her as she tilted her head to look back up at him standing above her with a sly grin. "Guess what?" he would add once receiving her attention.

"What?" she would ask with a puzzled look on her face as he started to stretch his arms back behind his head. It was instinctive for her to roll over and push herself away from the downward strike that was coming from Koutaishi and his long wooden branch as the sound of it slapping against the ground echoed around their surroundings. "Break time over!" he would shout at her as he continued his onslaught of attacks towards her.

At this point in time, Hana was struggling to keep her balance up. She barely had enough time to gain any of the breath she had back and was struggling to find air as she tuck and rolled away from the attacks being thrown her way. Koutaishi was much stronger than her and because of that, he was starting to overwhelm her with every attack, as she finally slipped up, tripping over a branch on the ground, the outcome being Koutaishi's branch right across her right thigh as she cried out in agony. "N-no f-fair." she would try to speak between her breaths as she looked up at Koutaishi twirling his branch within his hands. "Y-you d-d-didn't even give me time to c-catch my breath!" she would shout once more as he just grinned at her.

"So, we don't have time to be taking breaks like this." he would reply to her as she just gave him a sour face. "If you wanna get to tip top shape and become one of the strongest swordsman in the world you gotta work your butt off for it!" he would stare down at her as he gave her a quick lecturing. He already knew that she had the potential to save the world if she just struggled for it, and he was going to help her get to that point if it were the last thing he were to do. Of course he would have to work on Amaria afterwards, because she too was also not in the best shape for changing the world.

"F-fine then." she would mumble a bit as she continued to pant, looking over in the direction of Amaria who was just laying down with her eyes fixated on the clouds in the sky. "You're next Amaria!" she would shout over in her friends direction before charging forward at Koutaishi. By this time now she had already stood up and dusted the dirt off her clothes as well as managed the pain from the last whipping she was given. If anything she was more determined then ever to land at least two more blows to Koutaishi, exceeding the limits she had previously set on for herself and proving that she could be much stronger.

With one foot in front of the other, she sprinted towards the ninja, her branch at her side as she gripped it tightly with her right hand. She would stare into the eyes of Koutaishi before kicking up some of the dirt before her, stopping only feet away from him as he moved his hands up to block his eyes. In that instance, Hana lunged forward with an attack as Koutaishi pivoted his foot, side stepping away from the attack and jumping over her, swinging his own branch down and hitting her in the back of the head. The thumping sound echoed a bit, even causing Amaria to look on over as Hana fell to the ground once more, frustrated that she wasn't able to land a hit once more.

"Close there, but not quite!" he would chuckle to himself before moving into a ready position once more. He had barely even broken a sweat as Hana was panting over and over from the amount of energy she had been putting into fighting with him. It was way more than she bargained for as she struggled to get back onto her feet, using her hands to hoist herself up once more. "N-not done yet." she would mumble to herself as she turned her body around to face Koutaishi. "I will beat you!" she would shout before running forward once more, this time a staggering as she moved forward. It was almost as if she could barely maintain her balance with the amount of energy she had left as Koutaishi could see this as well. He knew that he would have to end this soon or she could seriously get injured.

"I won't hold back" he replied to her as she lunged forward with a downward slash tha tKoutaishi chose to block instead of dodge. Following the first attack, Hana tried to sweep underneath his legs, Koutaishi dodging that instead as he followed up with his own push off. As his arms extended forward, Hana would duck under before swinging her own branch upwards to try to swat his arms away. It was actually a decent plan of attack as Koutaishi had no real way to respond to it, taking the blunt force of the branch to his forearm as Hana would smile with the success of her second attack on him. She knew that taunting him now would only result in her losing the opportunity to get another attack in as she leapt up into the air before doing a quick somersault and falling toward the general area that Koutaishi was in.

This is bad. he would think to himself as he used his superior speed to hers to move out of the way from her attack. I should feel bad for not taking the hit after she tried so hard to make it this far. he continued to think to himself as he danced around the field, positioning himself so that he could end the training session for her.

Hana, frustrated with her master's ability to move like that continued to follow him, desperate to land her last attack and consider herself the winner of this exercise. I will not lose to you again! she screamed within her own thoughts as she charged forward, moving her branch back and forth, back and forth, swinging it in all directions so that she might finally hit Koutaishi again.

The flurry was not something Koutaishi could not dodge, so he did. It was easy work for him, and it only got easier as Hana was starting to reach way apst her limit. She was sliding in her steps and falling all over the place as he countered hit with hit, smacking her on different sides every other time she would move in for another attack. Of course he was starting to feel bad and realized it was time to end the training exercise. He would hit her one more time across the side of her right hip as she fell to the ground, a bit of agonizing screams coming from her.

"Thats all for today Hana." Koutaishi would walk over to her with his hand outstretched. He knew she had gone way past her limits as she gave him a pouting look, her hands clinching on the dirt before she threw her hand up, throwing that dirt at him. Unprepared for the attack Koutaishi shielded his eyes, not dodging this time as her branch would lunge forward, hitting him right across the right cheek. The slap echoing just as loud as every hit he had given her. Following the hit Hana would smile as she collapsed to the ground from sheer exhaustion, Koutaishi catching her as he smiled. "You got me I guess."

Words: 2034/2000
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:33 pm

10. Hana Strength +1Show

After a nice break from some fighting, and a bit of rest it was time to get back to training and Hana knew she was in for it rough this time. Koutaishi had beeen telling her that she needed to be stronger if she was going to do her part within the group. Everyone had a part and hers was the physical aspect as he stood up and stretched before her in his undergarments, considering it was kind of a hot day and there was no need to where full on armor in a training segment.

Hana would start the training as she let out a long stretch before running forward at Koutaishi with full on speed. She was determined to take him down to the ground for once and prove that she was worth the spot on the team. Of course he would never kick her off because she was his family now, but any kind of motivation was better than none as her first swing forward would be a punch.

Following her punch, that was easily blocked, she would let out another jab with her other fist, switching between the two. Koutaishi would be able to coutner each since the force from that was not to much for him to deal with as he tossed her around, grabbing both arms before throwing her outward in a different direction.

"You need to be able to do better than that if you want to get stronger Hana!" he would speak to her as she looked at him and nodded before catching her breath and moving in toward him once more.

"I will get better. You can count on that!" she would reply to him as she ran forward before taking a leap into the air and swinging her foot forward at him, only to be caught once more by his hands and tossed in yet another direction as she used her hands to balance up and hand stand into a beautiful recovery. She felt a little proud of her recovery this time as she was barely given a chance to admire it before taking a hit from Koutaishi to the face which sent her flying back a few feet.

"Stay on your guard please." he would speak as she got up, rubbinger face, a bit on anger sparking inside her as she ran toward him ready to try and dish out an ass whooping just like she was given by him.

It was enough to get her going as she charged forward with a kick, to be blocked, but not stopped as she followed up with another spinning kick which was too blocked by her leader. She was ready to put him down to the ground as she followed her second kick with a punch and another punch as Koutaishi wasn't able to keep up with the flurry that was coming from his student. The amount of pure power that went into each of her hits was starting to break through his simple defenses as he would slide back from the last of her flurry.

He was letting a grin slide across his face as he could feel the power of each of her punches come in with mor ethan the lasst. It just meant that his team was getting stronger and he was enjoying every second of it as Hana's onslaught of punches continued to rock him back with each and every single hit.

"Good Hana. Keep it up!" he would shout to her as a kick would surprisingly catch him off guard and kick him backward, followed by a punch that would cause him to fall toward the ground as he let out a smile of approval from the hard work that she ahd done for this training. He knew it wasn't enough though. Hana had to give more, she needed to fight harder if she truly wanted to become stronger than she was before. If she wanted to keep up with the times that were changing around her she needed to try harder. "Get up, lets go again!" Koutaishi would shout as he stood onto his feet before facing her and taking a stance.

Hana, now more focused than ever, took her stance as she faced her master. She was ready to end the days training with this last combination of attacks. Koutaishi feeling the tension between her and himself let out a smirk as he ran up towards her himself, lunging his fist at her first. Hana being quick to dodge used her own right hand to push his fist into a different direction, ducking and swinging with her left hand as Koutaishi quickly used his own left to catch hers. "I cannot lose this momentum!" she shouted as she leapt up towards Koutaishi, swinging her leg around and trying to kick him.

The sheer force of the kick sent a bit of shivers down Koutaishi's spine as he knew taking it was not really an option at this point. Instead he would have to duck, using his left hand to swing Hana around behind him, tossing her away so that he could gain his composure once more. Hana was not going to have that though as she tuck and rolled off the ground before running back and jumping up into the air to try twirling and kicking. It did not work as well, but her onslaught of attacks were not gonna stop there as she continued to kick and punch her way through Koutaishi's guard.

Damn so many attacks. he would have to think to himself as he kept using his hands and knees to guard the many attacks that kept coming his direction. It was as if Hana was breaking past her old weak points pushing forward beyond the limits tha tKoutaishi recently thought were set out for her. If anything it had made him happy for her as he watched her grow from the selfish little girl she had used to be. I'm proud of who you're becoming Hana. He'd think to himself before slightly dropping his guard and taking the rest of the force to her attacks.

Koutaishi would fall to the ground smiling at Hana who was panting from the exhaustion of fighting. I-I did it!" she shouted before collapsing on the ground with a huge smile of success on her face.

Words" 1040
[/spoiler]
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:48 am

Hana Learns Jutsu 1Show

*[Basic Jutsu • Clone Technique]
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing a set of handseals, the user forms a slight chakra 'body', thus creating a single, massless clone. The clone created from this technique is very basic and will dissipate when hit with anything. These clones do not possess vital signs or a unique chakra signature, meaning they don't disrupt the environment, and anything on their person is superficial. The clone has 1 in each stat. They are limited to basic movements.

"Alright Hana, its time I guess that we teach you how to perform simple ninja techniques so that you might be able to help yourself out more in the world if either I or Amaria are not around! Using these techniques will help you when fighting other opponents or trying to overcome obstacles that you were not previously able to do so before. Do you understand?" Koutaishi would look down at Hana who nodded with excitement.

"Once you teach me this I will be stronger than both you and Amaria, Koutaishi!"

"Hopefully one day you will." he'd reply as he smiled at the young girl. "Now the first of the few techniques we are going to teach you is called the Clone technique. It's fairly simple and all you do is create another copy of yourself. Although these clones are fairly weak and cannot really do anything, you might be able to trick someone when you are fighting who has never seen something like it."

"Okay so I'm going to try and create a clone of myself using the chakra in my body?"

"Correct. Now look closely at the single seal I use to perform this jutsu. Focus your chakra into a manifestation of yourself and bam! Clone jutsu!" he'd shout as another copy of himself would form only three feet away from where he were standing. Amaria also held up the simple seal, performing the same jutsu herself as the four of the beings stood there looking at Hana. "Give it a try now okay?"

"Right!" she'd speak in earnest as she held up the seal that was required to try and perform the clone jutsu. Okay so I need to feel the chakra flow throughout my body before letting it explode out into a clone! Just like that is what they said I think! she began to think to herself as she would build up the chakra around herself. Soon, this feeling of trying to perform ninjutsu would take over around her body as she tried releasing the chakra outward into a being next to her, watching as a poof of smoke would pick up before revealing a small oddly shaped Hana.

"What the heck is that?! It looks so ugly, there is no way that that is me!" she'd shout out in frustration as Koutaishi and Amaria gave a small laugh each.

"Don't worry Hana, it was only your first attempt. If you were to of mastered this technique on your first try I'd say you were better suited to be a ninja then all other kids who try in their villages. Just try it again and focus more on the image of who it is you are trying to create beside yourself okay?"

She would nod her head with the advice that was given to her. Of course this was going to be a hard process for her, but Hana was determined to finally learn the ninja arts. She had been asking for weeks now to learn and she was not going to give this chance away that was given to her by both Koutaishi and Amaria.

Okay so. They told me to focus all of my chakra into a visual of myself! I have to think of making another cute version of me. If I can do all of that I'll become the best full fledged ninja swordsman in the whole world! Focus Hana focus! she'd begin to think to herself as she imagined the flow of chakra forming within her body. It was something she wasn't always used to doing but nonetheless something she was finally going to master as she began to manifest her chakra around her surroundings. "Just like you guys said. I got to control the chakra stuff around my body and turn it into another me!"

With that being said, Hana would release all of the chakra that she had built up, watching as it tried to manifest into her liking. Much to her disappointment, the clone did not come out perfect once more, though this time it was actually starting to look more in her likeness. This meant that with a couple more tries she was sure to finally get it down as her strange looking creation poofed away from existence. "One more time!" she would shout to herself as she held up the seal for the intricate clone jutsu once more.

Something was different about this try as well as she felt her chakra molding in a better way then it had in the previous times. She felt herself controlling the direction in which her chakra was flowing and better yet was starting to understand how to control it. "I can do i tthis time I swear!" she would mutter to herself before releasing the seal and all of her chakra for one last time. In this instance the poofing sound would be made and out would come a clone that looked like her. It was a spitting image of her as it stood in front of the group not moving.

"You did it Hana!" Koutaishi would speak as he felt proud that his pupil was starting to grow yet again!

"Yea I did! I really did! One step closer to becoming stronger than you!"

Words: 840/820
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:58 pm

Hana Learns Jutsu 2Show

*[Basic Jutsu • Transformation Technique]
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the needed handseals, the user of this technique will be able to alter their physical appearance to match that of another person. By consistently emitting chakra throughout their body, the user is able to keep their appearance adjusted at the cost of their stamina draining over time. As this technique is quite strenuous to uphold, experienced shinobi may see more clearly through this delusive disguise. This technique lasts for a number of posts equal to that of the user's stamina.

Ninjutsu. Chakra. This is the kind of stuff that I need to master if I want to become the strongest swordsman in the world. Koutaishi already taught me how to mold my chakra into a clone. Now he wants me to think about other ways that I could mold my chakra.

Standing out in the morning air, Hana begun to contemplate the different ways that she could use chakra in her life as she started to mold the chakra around her body. Looking up at Koutaishi she would see as a smile as he sat on a nearby boulder looking down at her and drawing into his book. He was focused on some of his own work, which Hana was okay with, though she was starting to get frustrated on not being able to come up with any ideas.

"I don't know what to mold my chakra into Koutaishi!"

"Alright then." he'd respond before jumping down from the rock and standing before her. "The next thing you need to learn how to do is mold your chakra so that you can transform yourself into another person or thing." he continued. "To do this, you hold up this simple seal and focus the chakra around your body, releasing it and eventually turning yourself into whoever it is you want to be."

With his talking done, Koutaishi would show her what it was he was talking about, building up his own chakra before releasing it and turning himself into Hana. Standing before her, the puff of smoke cleared causing Hana to jump back at first before looking at him with wide eyes and excitement once more. "I really do look cute!" she'd shout before a puff of smoke appeared and Koutaishi would turn back into himself once more.

"Focus and try it yourself now Hana."

"Yes!"

With the thought in her mind to learn more ninja techniques, Hana would start to focus her chakra around her body once more. The first start to transforming into someone else was to build up her chakra around her body and release it like she was told to. Of course this was easier said than done for someone who only had the control of basically a fresh person. Alright Hana. You got to focus and think about what it is we are trying to do. And what exactly we are trying to do is transform ourselves to look like Amaria! Focus on her blonde hair and her teal eyes and focus focus focus!

Internally she was screaming inside as she released her built up chakra around herself, turning herself into something else, though that something else was not Amaria, or at least as far as anyone could tell as Koutaishi looked up and begun laughing. Hana looked like another girl, but she grew two noses and had five eyes over her head. The other weird feature was she had black hair which didn't fit any description of anyone either of them had known.

"Try it again five eyes!" he'd shout out her laughing still from his rock.

Hana, not wanting to be the one to lose stood back up on her feet before releasing the technique and having a poof of smoke turn her back into her normal self. She had realized that maybe her visual wasn't as perfect as it needed to be as she held up a seal once more and begum to channel that chakra around her body once more. Alright so maybe the first time didn't go so well but if I focus all of my attention onto this whole chakra thing there is no way that I can mess it up twice in a row! i have to be the best and the best in the world don't mess up at silly little things like this!

Continuing on with her jutsu she would focus the chakra around her body, this time the flow feeling much stronger before releasing her version of the transformation technique. This time her appearance would be that of Amaria, but the hair wasn't fully blonde and only one of her eyes were teal. She was getting close but she still wasn't quite at the place she needed to be if she wanted to call herself a ninja. Realizing that she had more work to do she released her messed up technique once more, determined now more than ever to finally get it this time as she looked deep into herself for all the chakra she could manage. Of course she wasn't entirely sure what she was looking for as she started to mold it in and around her body once more.

I can do this! You just have to focus on it Hana and then you'll be a ninja! Focus on the techniques! Focus! she would tell her self as she held up her hand seal once more. This time she felt her chakra change a little more when trying to mold it and it felt like it was going to go right. It was it. This was the time she finally got her technique right as she transformed herself into the spitting image of Amaria, cheering loudly for herself at the fact that she was able to learn yet another ninja technique by herself!

"Good job Hana!"

Words: 840/820
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:06 am

Hana Learns Jutsu 3Show

*[Basic Jutsu • Chakra Kai]
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
A jutsu used with the purpose of activating seals and a range of devices and weapons, this technique begins with a single handseal. Once this has been performed, the user will focus a dollop of their chakra into what they are looking to activate in order to complete the task. Seals activated with this technique must be within 20 + (Control/2) meters of the user's position.

"Two down Hana and you have a couple more essential techniques to go. If I would have to say, I think we have about four or five more things to teach you that would make you a full fledged basic ninja. What do you think about that?" Koutaishi would look down at an eager Hana. The girl had been practicing all morning for techniques to make her a ninja and she showed absolutely no sign of wanting to quit as she kept her wide eyes open and a smile across her face.

"Of course I am absolutely ready to learn another one of those super simple jutsu. I am indeed a master ninja you know!" she would reply back as she crossed her arms and gave the look that she was better than both Koutaishi and Amaria.

"Well if you think you are the best than I guess I don't have to show you the different techniques then."

"No, no, no. I'm just kidding Koutaishi. You are definitely better at this ninja stuff then me! Please please please don't give up and teach me the next jutsu please!"

"Alright then. The next jutsu we are going to learn is called Kai. Now with Kai what you do is you release your chakra a bit away from you to activate things like tags and or seals. Its a super fundamental ability for all kinds of ninja that will be one of your main useful tools in combat and in every day activities."

Koutaishi would finish his talk by starting a demonstration as he raised a single hand seal up before him. He had a seal nearby from a fuuin that he had created as he used his chakra to activate the one seal. By doing so a couple of Kunai had released themselves from the scroll. With a poof of smoke his demonstration of kai had been finished.

"Now, what I want you to do is try the same thing, focus your chakra on the seal that I have created before and try to release some of the ninja tools that I have sealed within it. Just remember to focus on releasing your chakra in the seal okay?"

"Yes. I believe I can do that!"

Of course the idea of molding her chakra into an activation release was something that seemed strange to her. Even though she went through the process of learning how to transform herself and do other tricky tasks like creating copies of herself; the idea of using her chakra as a switch was something new altogether. Though it was different she refused to give up so easily as the chakra within her small little body began to build up. She tried to focus it in one area near the end of one of her fingertips before trying to focus on getting it to leap up onto the scroll with the seal on it.

I got to do this! I know I can do this! Just focus Hana! Get your chakra onto the paper and make the thing come out! she'd think to herself as she continued to focus the chakra within her body.

From the tip of her finger to getting it to the scroll was becoming quite the difficult task for her. She had never released chakra onto another object before as she felt it leap from her finger to the paper. "Kai!" she'd shout outward as a burst of chakra appeared over the scroll.

To no avail, the scroll did not produce anything from it. No kunai or shuriken were released from it as Hana looked down in mere disappointment and frustration. "It did not work Koutaishi! How do I get it to work?" she said with frustration in her voice as her eyes would shift from Koutaishi and then back down to the scroll with the fuuinjutsu across it. Her eyebrow would arch as she looked back up at Koutaishi who just smiled at her.

"I believe you can do it Hana. You just got to focus on the task at hand!"

If Koutaishi says I can do it then I have to be able to do it! I gotta make the stupid shuriken come out of the paper damn it!

OF course it was still easier said then done as Hana looked down at the scroll once more. She focused her chakra down and around her body once more as she felt the energy her body could produce flow around her. From the flow of chakra in her body to the paper with the fuuin, Hana was more determined then ever to finally accomplish this goal. Alright! Just focus on the seal and use the Kai to make the weapon come out. With her thoughts focused on the task at hand, Hana would release the seal once more, the flow of chakra jumping form her body and down onto the storage seal that Koutaishi had written out.

Within a couple of moments the most lgorious thing would occur for her. The chakra from her body would activate the simple seal that was written by Koutaishi causing a single Kunai to release itself from the scroll.

"I did it! I did it!"

With that happiness in mind, Hana had completed yet another jutsu for herself.

Words: 820/850
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:12 am

Hana Learns Jutsu 4Show

*[Basic Jutsu • Act of Tree Climbing]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
By focusing chakra into his/her feet, the user is able to walk up trees and other vertical surfaces in a similar fashion to walking along the ground. This chakra amount must be precise, and although all shinobi learn this technique, the user's control stat will determine how well this jutsu can be executed. Users with low control 2 or lower will often fall during the use of this technique, while users with average control 3 or higher will be able to use this technique functionally. It lasts for a number of posts equal to the user's stamina stat times 3.

The day was progressing to noon as the sun flew high up in the middle of the sky. The trio sat there all morning watching as the white haired girl, Hana, trained all the different kinds of ninjutsu that she would need to become a ninja. Not wanting to quit after learning the three easiest techniques, she was determined more than ever to finally start learning the harder ones; those being walking on water, act of tree climbing, chakra kai, and finally change of body stance.

"Alright Hana, the next technique we are going to teach you is how to use chakra to walk on vertical planes. Of course this sounds hard to do it at first, but I believe that soon after a bit of training you will be able to master this along with the couple other technique I still need to teach you."

"Walking on vertical planes? Like do you mean walking on like mountains or like climbing up trees?" she replied with a puzzled look.

"Yes something along those lines." he'd reply back before standing up from his sitting spot and walking towards a nearby tree. "I think it'd be easier if you just watched me do it real quick. Watch as I hold this seal, gather all of the chakra to my feet, and walk up this tree with ease. This is something you'll be able to do once you finish this technique as well." he'd afd as he did exactly as he told her. He would start by gathering all of the chakra onto his feet, afterwards he moved towards the tree nearest to the trio before placing his foot onto it and walking upwards. Hana, being the curious and energetic girl she always is, she looked up with amazement as she got closer, watching Koutaishi walk up the tree before hitting the first branch and hanging in an upside down position.

"That is so awesome Koutaishi! I can't wait to try it myself! Man that is so cool being able to walk like that!"

Her change in interest went from wanting to study the jutsu in her mind to deciding it was now time for her to try and performing it herself. Of course she still had to keep the mental process of the jutsu in mind if she were to really learn it as she kept the idea of focusing chakra round the soles of her feet on the tip of her mind. That was the most important part to mastering this jutsu and she absolutely understood that in every way. If Hana could not maintain the flow of chakra around her feet she was never going to master such a unique technique as she held up the single hand sign and begun focusing on the flow of chakra around her body. She felt it surge, just like when she practiced all of the other techniques beforehand.

The main focus this time was to get it around the soles of her feet which she begun. The chakra from her body swirled around through her tenketsu, until finally building up around her feet. It felt weird to have so much chakra underneath her foot like that as she had never really done anything like that beforehand. Okay so now that I have all this chakra on my feet I just have to place my foot on the tree and wa- she would start to think to herself as her foot went up onto the base of the tree actually pushing her far off and sending her flying a couple feet back. This also caused her to lose her train of thought as she stood up from the dirt, rubbing her hand against her bottom.

"Ouch ouch ouch!"

"Hana." Koutaishi would speak as he chuckled in her direction. "You placed way to much chakra in your foot that time and it gave you a boost like that. Try it again, but don't over exert the amount of chakra your foot will need alright?"

"Okay can do. Just got to not put as much chakra next time!"

With those words, Hana was ready to try again, this jutsu that was already frustrating her after one try. Of course giving up was not her option as she started to process of channeling the chakra around her body once more. The chakra had to move from her body and circle down towards her feet as she begun to perform that process again fro the second time. Alright Hana, you can do this, don't put as much chakra as you did the first time!

Her words of encouragement would fill her up with joy as the chakra around her foot felt better then it had the first time. She was ready to try performing the jutsu once more as she walked over towards the tree, her hand seal rasied upward. Her foot placed itself on the tree, not launching her immediately off into nothingness as she raised her second foot following. This one was able to catch on the tree. It was a new feeling hanging at a vertical angle for once as the moment quickly passed, her body losing traction and falling to the ground once more. One thing was for certain though, she was definitely making progress with her training on the jutsu.

"Ugh! That fall hurt more than the leap the first time! Ouch ouch ouch!" she began to rub her bum once more before standing onto her feet. "At least that time I got off the ground! Alright Koutaishi, this time I plan on taking at least two or three steps to get up that tree and then I can count this as mastering the jutsu! Got it!?" she'd turn and look to Koutaishi who would just nod with a response to her.

With that response she would hold her seal and begin to feel the flow of chakra throughout her body once again. This was finally going to be the time for her to do what it was she was destined to do as she moved the chakra around her body. IT flowed ever so gently from her head all the ways to her toes as she smiled, knowing that this feeling had to have been the one to save her.

With that she moved over toward the tree once more. Her foot would place itself on the base of the tree, she was careful to fully control her chakra with what little control she had so far. IT was starting to work though as her first step would again not push her off, she followed on with her second step upward. This step also latched on to the tree as she moved upward once more, following that was a third step as she continued on with the fourth and final step before pushing herself off and jumping to the ground. She had done it, she had finally completed yet another jutsu for herself.

words: 1150/1120
CharactersShow

Jeff

Koutaishi's Lonelies

Post by Jeff » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Hana Learns Jutsu 5Show

*[Basic Jutsu • Act of Water Surface Walking]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
A variation of the Act of Tree Climbing technique, this jutsu requires the user to focus a precise and balanced amount of charka into the soles of his/her feet. By doing so, the user is able to walk on the surface of water as though it were a solid surface. Users with low control 2 or lower are much more likely to fall through the surface of the water, while users with average control 3 or higher will be able to use this technique functionally. It lasts for a number of posts equal to the user's stamina stat times 3.
CharactersShow

Return to “Other Countries”