Skitter Step Style

NSRP

Skitter Step Style

Post by NSRP » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Skitter Step The Skitter Step is a style that relies heavily on the user's senses. The style itself is a mesh of quick, fast, and wild punches, kicks, and jumps. Due to the user altering their senses, every bit of movement is heard and, since they can start to respond to things instinctively, they can respond to things that normally wouldn't have been able to be heard/seen/done. In addition to the heightened senses, users are normally in a "paranoid" state, where they start to suspect things that aren't always there. Skitter Step is composed almost entirely of Disciplines, meaning that the user often does no have control of how they fight or attack, even in the case of friends.

If overused, the style can lead to paranoia in individuals, along with constant fidgeting, making experts in the style quite well known for these activities.
  • Requires: [Acrobatics] and [Perception]
  • Requires: *[Skitter Step • Senses Open] prerequisite to learn any other jutsu.
NocodeShow
[quote=Skitter Step][color=#EF2B2D][b]Skitter Step[/b][/color]
The Skitter Step is a style that relies heavily on the user's senses. The style itself is a mesh of quick, fast, and wild punches, kicks, and jumps. Due to the user altering their senses, every bit of movement is heard and, since they can start to respond to things instinctively, they can respond to things that normally wouldn't have been able to be heard/seen/done. In addition to the heightened senses, users are normally in a "paranoid" state, where they start to suspect things that aren't always there.

If overused, the style can lead to paranoia in individuals, along with constant fidgeting, making experts in the style quite well known for these activities.[list][*][i][b]Requires:[/b] [Acrobatics] and [Perception][*][b]Requires[/b] [b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Senses Open][/color][/b] prerequisite to learn any other jutsu.[/i][/list][/quote]

E-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Stop][/color][/b]
E-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
[b]Prerequisite: [/b]Any form of Senses Open used.
The practitioner makes a fist with their right hand and places it against their left before placing both hands against their chest. This calms the practitioner's senses and returns them to a centered state.
D-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Back Jab][/color][/b]
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite:[/b] [i]A form of Senses Open used.[/i]
After using any version of the "Senses Open" technique, when the practitioner hears motion behind them, they'll instinctively kick behind them to strike at the source of the sound.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Inside Dodge][/color][/b]
The counter-balanced Discipline to Outside Dodge. Having mastered this Discipline, when the practitioner is actively using Skitter Step while in close-quarters combat, their body instinctively dodges to the inside of an attack which keeps them centered on their opponent's torso. These dodges are only successful if their Speed is greater than the Speed of the attack

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Outside Dodge][/color][/b]
The counter-balanced Discipline to Inside Dodge. Having mastered this Discipline, when the practitioner is actively using Skitter Step while in close-quarters combat, their body instinctively dodges to the outside of an attack which forces them to be constantly moving around their opponent. These dodges are only successful if their Speed is greater than the Speed of the attack.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Reject][/color][/b]
The counter-balanced discipline to Accept. When faced with an extended limb, may it be an arm or leg, the practitioner will always bat at the extended limb with full force, typically aiming for the joint of the limb in order to cause it to collapse.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Accept][/color][/b]
The counter-balanced discipline to Reject. When faced with an extended limb, may it be an arm or leg, a master of this discipline will always reach to capture the extended limb with one hand, typically aiming for the most distal portion of the limb. This gives them an opportunity to control their opponent.
C-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Senses Open][/color][/b]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
The main jutsu of the Skitter Step, the practitioner takes a moment to focus their bodies, then releases it. While in this stance, the practitioner's sensory input is increased, allowing them to receive more information quickly. This Stance grants a +2 in Strength and a +4 in Speed but a -3 in Willpower and -3 in Control. This Stance will remain in effect until deactivated by [Stop]. Practitioners of this technique will find themselves fidgeting and constantly moving, which can make it difficult for the practitioner to use this style in a stealthy manner.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Instinctive Draw][/color][/b]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
With this Discipline, any time the practitioner perceives an incoming projectile attack, they will instinctively draw a weapon of their own and deflect the projectile away so long as their Speed is equal to or greater than the Speed of the projectile.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Snap Kick][/color][/b]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
The practitioner brings their leg up and outward, kicking to the front or to either side. If any version of the Senses Open technique is active, the practitioner is able to instead kick in almost any direction by instinct, even allowing them to turn on their heel and kick behind them.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Pounce][/color][/b]
The paranoia-inducing nature of Skitter step slightly enhances the practitioner's sense of what's around them. At the smallest sign of an attack, the practitioner will jump out of the way in the opposite direction of the attack, letting them dodge projectiles or jutsu.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Roll][/color][/b]
Masters of this discipline recognize the importance of evasion and have trained their bodies to roll naturally. When faced with an attack on the upper body that cannot be deflected or blocked, the practitioner naturally drops their body and rolls to the right or left, whichever grants better positioning. This dodging technique only works if the practitioner's Speed is greater than the Speed of the attack.
B-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Total Senses Open][/color][/b]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
An advanced version of "Senses Open." The practitioner floods their senses with chakra and significantly increases the sensitivity of those senses. This allows them to see and hear everything, even the most distant of objects or quietest of sounds, without damage or repercussion due to overstimulation. Remaining in this state for a period greater than 5 posts, however, is dangerous, as this state can induce involuntary hallucinations. While in this Stance, the practitioner will appear to have gone insane. This Stance grants a +4 in Strength, +5 in Speed but a -4 in Willpower and -5 in Control. This Stance will remain in effect until deactivated by [Stop].

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Aerial Dance][/color][/b]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Masters of this Discipline have taught their body to function, always, regardless of position. This means that even while in the air the user is able to functionally react with any disciplines they've trained, so long as they don't require footing.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Counter Strike][/color][/b]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite:[/b] [i]A form of Senses Open used, Inside Dodge or Outside Dodge[/i]
An advancement of their previous disciplines, Counter Strike focuses on combing a dodge with instantly attacking. whenever Inside dodge or Outside Dodge are activated, the user will instinctively strike as they dodge, throwing a punch into the openings created by the dodge.
A-rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Advance][/color][/b]
A-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite:[/b] [i]A form of Senses Open used, both Inside Dodge and Outside Dodge Disciplines[/i]
The practitioner has trained to track and follow their opponent's movements, always maintaining striking distance with the opponent. Upon entering striking range of the opponent, the practitioner's body will naturally and passively maintain this spacing. Should the opponent take a step back, the practitioner will take a step forward. So long as the practitioner is physically capable of matching the opponent's Speed, they will always stay within striking distance of the opponent, allowing rapid and immediate responses to the opponent's actions.

[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Tribute][/color][/b]
A-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
[b]Prerequisite:[/b] [i]A form of Senses Open used,[/i] [i]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Accept][/color][/i]
An improvement on the [Accept] Discipline for those who prefer close range encounters. Rather than capture the extended limb with a single hand, the practitioner passively collapses their arms around an opponent's extended limb, bringing it toward their body and instinctively holding onto the extended limb. If the practitioner has more Strength than the opponent, when the opponent goes to pull back the limb, it will be forcefully hyperextended and the joint will snap
S-Rank:
[b]*[color=#EF2B2D][Skitter Step • Perfect Senses Open][/color][/b]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
This Stance forgoes conscious thought for completely instinctive action. The practitioner stands with their arms at their side, their hips slightly tilted with one foot slightly more forward than the other. They'll inhale and exhale deeply before closing their eyes, initiating the Stance. While in this Stance, the practitioner's eyelids will flutter rapidly, and their body will occasionally twitch. Unless they have Disciplines for attacking, the practitioner will only move when attacked, responding based on the Disciplines they have learned. The practitioner is granted +9 Speed and +6 Strength but a -7 in Willpower and -8 in Control. This Stance lasts for 10 posts and cannot be turned off, often making the practitioner lash out even after combat ends. Because they attack based purely on sensory information and are not fully conscious, practitioners in this Stance are often immune to genjutsu unless the genjutsu affects all 5 senses. Those in this Stance do not talk, nor do they process any sounds they hear beyond the location they are coming from. Ninjutsu or genjutsu cannot be used while in this Stance.

If you need help, please contact a moderator through the Naruto Saigen Discord or private message one of our Moderators on the forum.

Return to “Taijutsu Styles”